Tampa Bay went into Washington and won Games 1 and 2 over the favoured Capitals.
Guy Boucher’s team is containing Alexander Ovechkin as effectively as the Canadiens did a year ago. The right-side defenceman on the case is Eric Brewer, who’s bigger and more skilled than Josh Gorges.
The great Martin St. Louis is having a brilliant series.
And Randy Jones, who played 6:25, made a 180-foot pass that led to Vincent Lecavalier’s winning goal in OT last night.
We like the Lightning: Guy Boucher and Martin Raymond, two McGill guys, behind the bench; homeboys St. Louis, Lecavalier and Simon Gagné if he returns … plus Dominic Moore playing great … and MAB, who’s still hilarious on D.
In other news, U.S. special forces zapped Osama bin Laden.
• Dave Stubbs on the Cup’s visit
• Red Fisher: Expect the unexpected in the playoffs
• Jack Todd on Pierre Gauthier
• Réjean Tremblay on the Canadiens and the royals
• Boston Globe still ragging on the Canadiens
Photo by Jim Young/Reuters