Islanders bring B team to A city

Post-game audio: Jacques Martin | Lars Eller | Carey Price

Pre-Game AUDIO: Mike Cammalleri | Hal Gill | Ryan White | Mathieu Darche

And they played like the Z-Team in a 7-2 romp that may have cost the Canadiens the services of Mike Cammalleri for the season opener …. if not longer.

Cammalleri was given a match penalty for a vicious slash on Islanders first-round draft choice Nino Niederreiter (a paid hit, financed by a criminal syndicate of bloggers who can’t spell).

Pat Hickey was at the game in Quebec City. Here’s his game story.

Poster larisalapointe put it succintly: “Cammalleri goes postal” It wasn’t pretty.

The real Islanders played in New Jersey, where the home Devils drew 7,000 fans.

The Canadiens’ game against an AHL team was … well, enjoyed may be overstating it … by 15,000 vocal fans.

1. TorontoHabsFan says:

My point was pretty obvious I thought – that even though Pacioretty hasn’t worked out yet, it’s not like Perron is the second coming. He’s not even as good as Kostitsyn at this point in his career – I’ve yet to hear anybody say “ya know what the Habs need? Another Kostitsyn.”

Perron is fine, but a superstar he ain’t. Yet. So ease up fella 😉

2. Everlasting1 says:

Point being he’s better than most in that regard. Get over ‘Hitler’ already.

Somehow I don’t think anyone would notice if you disappeared.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

3. ZepFan2 says:

And you?…

Can’t say I’ve “heard” anyone being disrespectful.

I have read you being disrespectful.

Unless you think it’s cool to call somebody Hitler.

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

4. alfieturcotte says:

How do you like them apples: Auld $1mm / Theo $1.1mm; Darche: $500m / Moore $1.1mm.  Which side of this equation would you like to be on — let me answer this one for you: Theo and Moore for $700m which is a no brainer.  Let me throw one more for you — Halak was the right choice which has been painfully obvious to most except those who blind themselves.  The annointed one will show himself for who he truly is — some good tools but in desperate need of 2 seasons in the AHL.

5. Everlasting1 says:

I’ve never heard Timo disrespect anyone. And you?

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

6. Chuck says:

A loss to the Islander’s “C” team tonight, and it might happen by midnight.  :)

7. Bugs says:

And look where that got Franklin. The guy’s friggin DEAD, ferpettessakes!

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

8. Clay4bc says:

Why trade one bloated contract for another? Look what the Rangers took to get rid of him – almost nothing, really…it’s almost like they just gave him to us, and threw in Pyatt to sweeten the taste of his gargantuan contract. I like Gomez, but we never should have done that deal. We could have gotten a lot better player for that 7 million dollars.

As for Price, let’s just give him a chance, because he’s what we’ve got now, like it or not. He’ll either do well or not.

__________________________

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

— George Orwell —

9. smiler2729 says:

You and me both, Mike… betcha he bags himself into purgotary by Xmas

10. gumper says:

Agree with all posters above. Just sayin’ 1) White and Maxwell have both played with more energy and enthusiasm than Halpern, who seems to be playing like he’s made the team already. 2) If JM doesn’t find a way to reward the effort and attitude the Dog prospects bring, it could hurt the general effort and attitude on the team, as it breeds a sense of entitlement.

11. LA Loyalist says:

Yes it’s a horrid trade – I’m making the point that we have very little wiggle room and looking for creative ideas.

As for finishing second in scoring on the Habs last year, that’s like getting a “participation” ribbon on track day at high school.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

12. LA Loyalist says:

Well I do want honest debate – and you object to “obviously” which on reflection I will retract, because if it were “obvious” we wouldn’t be brawling about it.

My position, re-stated as simply as possible, is that he is not ready, that his numbers the past two years and his meltdowns substantiate that.

I’m not saying he won’t get there, but how can we roll the bones on him with no plan B? As I’ve posted (and I’m actually sick of the topic also) what if he plays great and pulls a groin? We’ll have to trade for an experienced goalie from weakness, and I trust you would agree we don’t have the depth yet to do that.

If you are happy to ride the price wave all year win, lose or draw in hopes of the big payoff in 2-3 years that’s a legitimate argument.

Maybe we’re 2-3 years out anyway (probably) so it’s an academic argument and the team should all go through the fire together.

Problem is I hate losing.

“20 games to a new tagline.”

13. ZepFan2 says:

He’s on a short leash here…

Fantastic news. IMO, he’s as bad as the trolls.

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

14. Everlasting1 says:

Exactly!

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

15. LA Loyalist says:

You inspired the solution by mentioning Doug Wickenheiser!

Hayley Wickenheiser! She’s actually good.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

16. Say Ash says:

his ability in the face-off circle”

Do you know how important that is? And, yes, we should pick White and Maxwell based on a couple of pre-season games over a guy with a proven 10-year track record. Thanks for coming out.

17. punkster says:

Its been said before, a top 6 forward for a backup doesn’t make sense. Now, I like Gomez but if you’re going to trade him for something how about a top scorer?

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

18. TOEmastro says:

albeit a little mean spirited