Islanders bring B team to A city

Post-game audio: Jacques Martin | Lars Eller | Carey Price

Pre-Game AUDIO: Mike Cammalleri | Hal Gill | Ryan White | Mathieu Darche

And they played like the Z-Team in a 7-2 romp that may have cost the Canadiens the services of Mike Cammalleri for the season opener …. if not longer.

Cammalleri was given a match penalty for a vicious slash on Islanders first-round draft choice Nino Niederreiter (a paid hit, financed by a criminal syndicate of bloggers who can’t spell).

Pat Hickey was at the game in Quebec City. Here’s his game story.

Poster larisalapointe put it succintly: “Cammalleri goes postal” It wasn’t pretty.

The real Islanders played in New Jersey, where the home Devils drew 7,000 fans.

The Canadiens’ game against an AHL team was … well, enjoyed may be overstating it … by 15,000 vocal fans.

1. ZepFan2 says:

He’s on a short leash here…

Fantastic news. IMO, he’s as bad as the trolls.

————————————————————————–

- Steven Tyler

2. Everlasting1 says:

Exactly!

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

3. LA Loyalist says:

You inspired the solution by mentioning Doug Wickenheiser!

Hayley Wickenheiser! She’s actually good.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

4. Say Ash says:

his ability in the face-off circle”

Do you know how important that is? And, yes, we should pick White and Maxwell based on a couple of pre-season games over a guy with a proven 10-year track record. Thanks for coming out.

5. punkster says:

Its been said before, a top 6 forward for a backup doesn’t make sense. Now, I like Gomez but if you’re going to trade him for something how about a top scorer?

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

6. TOEmastro says:

albeit a little mean spirited

7. TorontoHabsFan says:

My point was pretty obvious I thought – that even though Pacioretty hasn’t worked out yet, it’s not like Perron is the second coming. He’s not even as good as Kostitsyn at this point in his career – I’ve yet to hear anybody say “ya know what the Habs need? Another Kostitsyn.”

Perron is fine, but a superstar he ain’t. Yet. So ease up fella ;)

8. punkster says:

I just altered mine. Maybe you could reconsider as well in order to dial down the animosity. You could also follow the example of many here who just choose to ignore posters that irk them. Just a request from someone who grew up in the peace and love generation ;)

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

9. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Good to know, and it was well deserved, his negative crap was ridiculous and defintely trolling.  It’s hilarious that certain posters here attack other people they consider “trolls” and they pine to have Timo back,  hypocrites.

10. HabFab says:

It is addictive for some bizarre reason.

11. Mattyleg says:

Hahaha! Good one! :-D

…. you are joking, right…?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

12. SeriousFan09 says:

Count me in as one who glad you did it, tired of people coming in with a hatchet and nothing else to add.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

13. Danno says:

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain but it takes character and self control to be  understanding and forgiving.

– Ben Franklin

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

14. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

I stand corrected. I guess he didn’t find anything better to do. Poor guy.

“When I was a baby I wish my first word had been “QUOTE”, then right before I die I could say “UNQUOTE” – Stephen Wright

15. TOEmastro says:

In all honesty, if I was made to be such a pariah, I myself wouldn’t WANT to come back. And even if it was just for the off-season, I would hate to be given the O’B treatment. I think the biggest flaw to any online forum is anonymity. IMO, we can get rid of a lot of the BS if instead of an online handle, we were forced to use our real names, even if it was just a first name with a last initial.

In the words of the late great George Carlin: ” I believe in full rights or no rights at all. I believe you have the right to say whatever you want, but I also believe that if I don’t like it, I have the right to KILL you.”

In any case, welcome back everyone to the 2010-11 regular season, everyone. The pre-season is over, even for ourselves, so now it counts. Keep your stick on the ice and be civil.

Cheers and go Habs go

16. linp says:

I am among those who like to welcome TIMO back. I found his view critical but civilized.

17. HabFab says:

He was back last night, hence the talk.

18. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

PS Mike

Its your site. I give you permission to say ass!