Is it tomorrow yet?

Neither of the teams in action at the ACC has a player in TSN’s Top 50.

Man, it must have killed them to omit Dion Phaneuf.

• Pat Hickey on Cammalleri’s reticence

Lars Eller on Plekanec line

Red Fisher on the contenders

• Boone asks for optimism

Habs R Us

• Sean Gordon’s French Immersion returns

In my room – Dennis Kane

• Bidding war for NHL TV rights?

And a pre-season mash-up:

3X92bhc3RHU

1. MathMan says:

Which is silly, because they could have easily slid Kessel in. He’s certainly better than Sharp…

That list is utterly terrible. Hype and flash over actual hockey impact.

2. adam76 says:

Shes only young, “Hater” is a legit comeback.

3. adam76 says:

price had 13 wins last season, 16 wins is an improvement.

Habs are not making the playoffs.

4. Clay4bc says:

LOL…is this what passes for a comment now? Your rebutting skills amaze me.

__________________________

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to make yourself look stupid.

5. oshawahabsfan says:

How Markov doesn’t make their top 50 list is beyond me. He’s only the best PP defenceman in the league. Not to mention an all-around top ten d-man. I guess they were just bitter they couldn’t fit a loaf player in there so they couldn’t put a Montreal player on it

6. SeriousFan09 says:

Just thought I’d point out a -2 isn’t a horrific stat, Markov never regularly played with Bergeron, saying both Hamrlik and Markov played with OB is a wash and in the regular season Hamrlik played with Subban for just 2 games! Komisarek wasn’t that horrible until 08-09 when Lucic took his pride and dignity, than Markov played with Gorges for a while who kept up with things as well.

Comes down to it, picking on a -2 stat for a 2nd-pair defencemen playing #1 defencemen minutes is not very objective, it’s about as much as teams can hope for when that situation happens.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

7. SeriousFan09 says:

Gorges issues with being outmuscled or having limited talent at moving the puck occur just as often as Hamrlik’s mistakes do and they can both create pretty bad situations for the team. Hamrlik does all he can for the team, he’s never given less when I’ve watched him play and what he did last season was above and beyond when Markov was out. Was it pretty? No but if Hamrlik was such an unmitigated disaster we’d have Nino Nieddereiter right now.

Spacek is good, but if Hamrlik was really that bad, he couldn’t have covered it up. Only man who can cover up another player’s failings on this team is Markov.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

8. BKAK72 says:

1. Cammi

2. No – renogiate after playoffs

3. Hope not – but – nobody will trade for him.  Gone as FA end of year.

4.  25 (tops) – tough to score from the press box

5.  Alex Auld – hope i am wrong

6.  65

7.  18 – hope i am wrong

8.  6th if Price is on, 8th if it is Auld

9.  LAPPS

10.  Calder

— I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! —

9. K-hab25 says:

Ding Ding Ding Ding, You’re Correct Sir.

10. K-hab25 says:

Douche Hater

11. BKAK72 says:

No HABS or LEAFS on the TSN-50?  Makes perfect sense to me.  One can make the case for Markov (over Tyler Myers), the remaining 49 are fine.

— I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! —

12. SLONCOLD says:

blow? come one man. propane and glue lol get better carey auld scares me

13. Chuck says:

Perhaps a good follow-up question would be, “If Price wins 16, how many wins are the rest of the Habs’ goaltending (Auld, Sanford, etc.) going to get?

14. CERF says:

really Adam? 16wins? 32 points .. at that pace were looking at 30th place

You seem like a smart hockey guy but your dislike for Price makes you seem foolish at times..

at least be reasonable

15. krob1000 says:

Right now at this stage of their careers I think Gorges is outplaying Hammer defensively…no argument there. Gorges lacks size and that is why Spacek got the Ovechkin assignment Gorges is fast and willing and pretty sneaky with his lack of size (like Pleks up front).  Gorges covers space better and is always mindful of the shooter and is hero like in his willingness to take pucks for the team…and he is quick on loose pucks, on the wall…I take Hammer on the point of a pp though as Gorges is not a threat to even toss the puck in the general direction of the net.  I have no debate about Gorges…more the constant bashing of Hammer in general…I consider him our Gomez on D…overpriced but without bias reliable and pretty versatile, veteran guys whose contracts cause us to view them diff’tly then we should.

No one can replace Markov (perhaps PK is actually the closest a coupleof seasons from now)…it has to be done by committee and Hammer is on that committee for sure.  Hammer at one time could come close himself…hamrlik was a great dman back in the day..if we look at things realistically I think Gorges is nowhere near the NHL at Hammers age…his game wouldn;t allwo it I don’t think unless he is made of steel. It is a testament in itself of Hammer that he is still playing at his age….much like Gill.  There are young bucks always coming up the ranks wanting his job…yet he remains…there is a reason for that.

16. MathMan says:

1. Who will lead the Canadiens in scoring this season? – Cammalleri

2. Will the club extend Andrei Markov before the season is up? – I don’t think they want to go into an outright rebuild, so yes.

3. Will Andrei Kostitsyn be a Montreal Canadien in April? – Yes and I think he will be retained for next season.

4. How many points will Benoit Pouliot score this season? 35-40

5. Who do you believe is set for a career-year? – Pouliot, I’m guessing, though that’s not saying much. Maybe Andrei K.

6. How many goals will Mike Cammalleri and Brian Gionta combine for this season? 58 (Cammy 33, Gio 25)

7. How many wins will Carey Price get this season? – 32, which is a very good number for the team he’s on.

8. Will the Canadiens make the playoffs, if so in what place will they finish? They’ll miss, but I think they’ll improve their overall play and avoid the lottery.

9. Which player is most likely to have a strong bounce back this season? Lapierre or Halpern? Halpern. Lapierre only ever went where Latendresse hauled him to.

10. What are your projections for P.K. Subban this year? Risk-taking flashy offensive D-men and ultra-conservative risk-averse coach? This is a match made in Hell. I expect Subban to spend time in Hamilton.

17. TomNickle says:

And now you’re comparing Markov and Hamrlik’s plus/minus numbers while Markov’s played with Bergeron, O’Byrne and Komisarek and Hamrlik’s had Spacek, Gorges, Subban and O’Byrne.

Right.