Injury bug hits Habs in fantasy loss to Kings

PKweb1

Suffering Canadiens withdrawal? The Gazette has the answer with the ultimate fantasy experience as beat writer Pat Hickey and Gazette techie Eric Tobon employ EA Sports NHL 13 to produce The Season That Isn’t. Here’s how things might have looked in Thursday night’s game between the Canadiens and the Los Angeles Kings at the Bell Centre.

PAT HICKEY
THE GAZETTE

Jeff Carter’s second goal of the game snapped a 3-3 tie and propelled the Stanley Cup-champion Los Angeles Kings to a 5-3 win over the Canadiens Thursday night, but that was only the beginning of the bad news.

Earlier in the day, the Canadiens learned that David Desharnais suffered an upper-body injury Wednesday night in New York and the Canadiens finished the Los Angeles game without defenceman P.K. Subban.

“We’re not sure what the problem is, but it looks like Desharnais is day-to-day. But P.K. could be a matter of weeks rather than days,” coach Michel Therrien said.

There was an unconfirmed report that Subban suffered a hip pointer when he was checked along the boards in the second period by Mike Richards. Subban attempted to return to the ice after missing a shift, but was in obvious discomfort.

Carter capped a three-point night when he beat Carey Price at 9:01 of the third period. He also scored at 3:10 of the second period to give the Kings a 3-1 lead.

The Canadiens rallied to tie the score as Brian Gionta scored at 6:45 of the second period and Tomas Plekanec scored a power-play goal at 19:35. The power play was one of the few bright spots for the Canadiens, who went 2-for-5. The Kings were 0-for-3 with the extra man.

“We showed a lot of determination to tie the score, but we gave the momentum back to them,” Gionta said. “You have to give them credit for playing good defence, but we only had four shots in the third period and we didn’t respond after they took the lead.”

The Kings came out of the first period with a 2-1 lead. Dustin Brown opened the scoring at 11:01 with assists from Carter and Richards. Tomas Kaberle tied it when he beat Jonathan Quick on the power play at 18:41, but Simon Gagne put the Kings back on top at 19:20.

“We just had a breakdown,” Therrien said. “You can’t give up goals in the first or last minute of a period.”

Anze Kopitar added an insurance goal for the Kings at 16:16 of the third period.

Ryan White and the Kings’ Kyle Clifford exchanged blows in the third period with the linesmen stepping in after White opened a cut over Clifford’s right eye.

Next up for the Canadiens is a pair of games against the Buffalo Sabres. The teams meet Friday in Buffalo and are back at the Bell Centre on Monday. That will be the Canadiens’ final home game before they embark on a six-game road trip around the Christmas holiday.

phickey@montrealgazette.com

(Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

1. ZepFan2 says:

@Cal

So it is written. So it shall be done.

———————————————————————-
    Ka is a wheel.

Fans Theme: “You’re Breaking my heart, You’re tearin’ it apart” – Harry Nilsson

You’re breaking my heart

2. shiram says:

Looks like the Bulldogs played a good game last night, but still lost.
    Hopefully Atvsin can return and help them out with the injuries piling up. I’m just happy they scored more than 2 goals and fought hard.

3. Luke says:

Does this year count as year on existing contracts? If the season is lost is a three-year deal signed now have 2 years left, or is it still three years?

4. Mattyleg says:

Not hockey-related (but so little is these days anyway…) but this is a very serious issue.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

5. Kooch7800 says:

Anyone know where i can find a free agent list for the end of this locked out season? Since we won’t have hockey it would be interesting to see who is up at the end of this season.

I have been searching online but haven’t found anything

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

6. RobertAlanFord says:

Hudon makes Team Canada!!!!!! See you at 4am on December 26th Charles.

• Kooch7800 says:

Finally some great hockey to watch. Should be a good tourney this year.

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Hobie Hansen says:

Great might be an understatement. Team Canada is absolutely insane this year. Really looking forward to seeing Galchenyuk in action for the States as well.

I heard on the radio this morning that Canada is in the same division as the States and Russia and we play them back-to-back in the final two games of the round robin. One of the three teams gets a bye to the semi-finals. Only three from the division make it to the playoff round.

I can taste that Bailey’s on the rocks at 4AM on Boxing Day already. ;-).

The only person hit with the Fantasy Bug is the retarded Gazette staff that sanctioned these idiotic Fantasy articles. Yo Pat. Your Fantasy Check is in the mail.

• Mattyleg says:

Nice use of the word ‘retarded’.
      Didn’t realize we were all 7 years old again.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• HardHabits says:

Not you Matty. You’re 5 years old. Still.

re·tard·ed /rɪˈtɑr dɪd/
        adjective
        1. characterized by retardation

re·tar·da·tion /ˌri tɑrˈdeɪ ʃən/
        noun
        1. the act of retarding or state of being retarded.
        2. something that retards; hindrance.
        3. slowness or limitation in intellectual understanding and awareness, emotional development, academic progress, etc.
        4. Music. a form of suspension that is resolved upward.

So again. These articles are retarded… showing a limitation in intellectual understanding and awareness, not unlike your comment.

• Mattyleg says:

*sigh*

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• punkster says:

If you are using the word as in 1, 2 or 4 to describe the Gazette staff then your application of the word is incorrect. If you’re using definition number 3 to be insulting then you are acting childish. Don’t be an ass.
          Edit…let me rephrase that…you may be perceived as acting childish or asinine and we both know you are not either…right?

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• HardHabits says:

The real issue here is that nobody is upset with my use of the word idiotic.

There’s a world of difference between calling something someone is doing retarded and calling someone a retard. I used the former. You all assume the latter. Looks like a few of you need to not just grow up but also should un-knot your knickers a notch or two.

• Mattyleg says:

Thanks for the advice.

Now here’s some advice for you:
            Don’t forget that the meanings of words are not limited to their definitions; they have social and cultural significance as well. Informed and polite conversation takes this into account.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

Just change the wording bud, I understand the point your making. Many have commented, but seems we are stuck with it. I just plain ignore the entire fantasy post and begin my usual “Owners and Players Suck” rants. :)

• Luke says:

There are better choices. Improve the vocabulary.

Try not to use words that target a specific group of individuals. Especially ones who have a hard enough time as it is.

8. ZepFan2 says:

I’ll ask again.

Does anybody know what Jean Beliveau’s number was when he played for the Victoriaville tigers?

Ian??

———————————————————————-
    Ka is a wheel.

Fans Theme: “You’re Breaking my heart, You’re tearin’ it apart” – Harry Nilsson

You’re breaking my heart

Here is the best i could find, a Victoriaville hockey card with #4 on it, but you can’t see his actual number.

• ZepFan2 says:

Thanks Burli.

I’m looking because my buddy found an old stick with Beliveau’s name on it. The number on the stick is #41. We’re trying to find out if the stick is legit.

———————————————————————-
        Ka is a wheel.

Fans Theme: “You’re Breaking my heart, You’re tearin’ it apart” – Harry Nilsson

You’re breaking my heart

I found another team photo with Beliveau in it, but again no sight of the number. I wonder if you call the Bell Center and talk to someone in the Hall of Fame section. Perhaps they may know, or offer to buy Stubbs a fine scotch!

Cheers Zep. I finally had to look up on google “Ka is wheel” as i had no freaking idea what the heck you meant by that. Thanks for the journey :)

• ZepFan2 says:

I guess I’ll have to do one or the other. It wont be me that supplies the scotch. My buddy will have to do the honours.

Long days and pleasent nights, Sai Burli! :wink:

———————————————————————-
            Ka is a wheel.

Fans Theme: “You’re Breaking my heart, You’re tearin’ it apart” – Harry Nilsson

You’re breaking my heart

• Habfan10912 says:

Morning Zep. I saw a photo of a Quebec Aces jersey that they say was his. Its #5. Nothing about Victoriaville. There is a small hockey museum located in that town. Perhaps you could contact them. I’m sure they’d have the answer let us know what you find. Good luck.

———————————–

• ZepFan2 says:

It’s weird that hisVictoriaville number isn’t listed in any of his bio’s. I might have to do that. Although I’m sure as soon as Mr. Stubbs or Mr. Cowan sees my post they’ll tell me. I have faith! :roll:

———————————————————————-
        Ka is a wheel.

Fans Theme: “You’re Breaking my heart, You’re tearin’ it apart” – Harry Nilsson

You’re breaking my heart

9. Habfan10912 says:

Habs draft picks Mike Cichey (Western Michigan) and Mac Bennett (Michigan) are featured tonight as their teams square off at 730 on CBSsportsnet.

———————————–

The lockout may as well last long enough so as not to disrupt the WJC tourney and the Spengler. Canada could have a chance at the championship this year with Seguin, Bergeron, Spezza and Bernier in net.

If Bettman & Fehr were in this elevator together, they would both sign an agreement in 15 seconds!!! Take a look!

12. Thomas Le Fan says:

Fantasy injuries? How about Lucic breaks his nose on Prust’s fist?

So the story goes that both sides will talk today by phone. Hard not to think that the reality is both personalities Fehr/Bettman cannot be housed in the building. Or as our sleuth reporters here on HI/O pointed perhaps Bettman is just enjoying the weekend at Leipolds place in Minneapolis this weekend. Perhaps some Holiday shopping at the Mall of America.

• ABHabsfan says:

There is no pressure to make a deal now anyway. Games are cancelled till Jan. Considering a 8 day training camp, start of the season is 10 days from signing the Deal. Both sides will sit staring at the wall until next Friday because making a deal now or next week brings the same result. IMCUO
      Another question: who is that guy who is always in the camera shot when they show Fehr on TV with the crazy grey hair that is receding, always has his hands in the side pockets of his sport-coat? He must be somebody ’cause he is always there. Maybe he is the problem, Doesn’t look trustworthy…

“man, I love winnin'; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
      Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

14. commandant says:

Mitch is in with What to expect from Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in Ufa, Russia

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

Watching on TSN this morning as they showed the coaches going room to room to announce who made team, it was interesting when the camera showed McKinnon and Hopkins. Both get to door with shirt off, McKinnon is ripped and leaves shirt off, Hopkins looked like he should be the underager and immediately puts T-shirt on.

15. Habfan10912 says:

I love this quote.
    “Consider who has done all the movement,” Mayers said, shooting down compromise. “Why should we keep moving toward them?”

Translations: “I went First the last time now it’s his turn! Wahhhhhhh!”

———————————–

• commandant says:

I don’t think thats the translation at all.

I think its more that the owners still haven’t offered a single thing to the players that is better than what they have under the last CBA.

Meanwhile the players have offered to give up 7% of revenues, over 400 million (in taking less make whole) off signed contracts, 8 year term limits, players in the minors count against cap, and a “recapture” clause for back diving deals.

All of those things are losses to the players and gains to the owners over the last CBA. What have the owners offered the players?

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Habfan10912 says:

Ben, if that is truely the only issue stopping these guys from collecting their paychecks they’re a lot dumber then I thought. It’s an asinine argument. Whether the owners have compromised or not shouldn’t be the blocking point. Now if he had said we really feel strong about contract term and we are drawing the line in the sand here, that would make more sense then what he said.

———————————–

• commandant says:

I don’t think its about one year or one CBA for the players. Its about how they are asked to give back every time this happens.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

As Cal states below, they should all go play in Europe for a year and find out what they have here in the NHL. Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child methinks.

• Trisomy 21 says:

Or Burlington – The Owners should have 2nd and 3rd rate players come play for their teams and see what kind of draw that brings to their games. Let’s not just examine one side of the coin

• Luke says:

Like the opposite of traditional workplace CBA negotiations.

Auto workers etc typically get more $, better conditions etc and its the employer who makes the compromises.

• Phil C says:

The owners’ attitude of take it or leave it is equally immature, especially since they are supposed to be the experienced businessmen. Both sides have let it become personal.

• Cal says:

It’s the same old story, commandant. The players DO NOT KNOW how good they have it. A season in Europe at less than crazy pay might just be the cure.

• ABHabsfan says:

What have the owners offered? Besides the chance to PLAY hockey for a living?
        I’m not pro-owner or anything, but pro hockey player is still a pretty sweet gig

“man, I love winnin'; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
        Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• wjc says:

The last CBA did not work for the owners, so if the players or you, think this one will be better, you are whistling out your nose.

The players have never had it so good, time to sign and get going again. The owners own the players play….time to cut the crap.

The “make whole” thing would have be unnecessary if the players had of signed off and played. Most of them are millionaires for cripes sake.

wjc

16. habsfan0 says:

As this a fantasy column, I might as well post one of my own:

The 8-8 Buffalo Bills win the 2012 Super Bowl.

17. Psycho29 says:

When will Geoff Molson learn that size matters in NHL. All he cares about is losing money and being in weaker half of league.
    What was Molson and Bergevin thinking signing Subban? He is small and injured now. So is Desharnais!
    It is time for the tiny tyke experiment to end. It should have ended years ago but they signed Tiny Tykes Prust and Armstrong.

OMG…..Someone please help me…..I must be channeling someone else!!!!!! End the lockout fast!!!!! ;-)

18. Mondou6 says:

I know it’s been said countless times already, but it bears repeating every time:

HIO: Please stop these fantasy game columns.

I can’t even think of anything more useless/annoying to post on a regular basis. I have no idea why these continue to get posted, when so many people complain about them, and nobody comments on the actual story. All the comments are about something, anything, other than a fantasy computer hockey game.

• Cal says:

Too late, Mondou. Momentum has been achieved and they can’t stop now.
      There are only two hockey stories out there right now: the lockout and Habs prospects. Everything else is a sideshow. Fantasy hockey is a sideshow, just like all those fantasy pools.

• Luke says:

If the real NHL starts up, I hope they keep the fantasy going and we can compare results and pick which one we’d like to bitch about.

• wjc says:

Monndou6, let me give perspective on the fantasy columns, if I may, oh hell I will anyways.

You see the Gazette has to fill space, no hockey, but a hockey war going on. So fantasy bull fills empty space, without the danger of offending either side. No hard hitting articles asking the hard questions to the players. No criticism of Molsen, just nice fuzzy fluff.

Now you have muzzled sports guys effectively without actually silencing them. Old games, fantasy hockey, players doing charity stuff. It is not annoying if you don’t read it. I find the womens section annoying so I don’t read it….simple eh.

Fantasy is safe, because if you take a stand or a side, payback can be a bitch. Next time you need a favor or an interview, you could be out in the cold, so the answer is play it safe.

Sorry inadvance if this offended some of the more sensitive readers.

wjc

19. wildwilly says:

For those interested in getting the Hamilton Bulldog highlights:

Beaulieu: 1 G, 1 A, 4 shots, 3rd star

• B says:

Only 2 Bulldogs have more goals than Joonas Nattinen (Palushaj and Gallagher). Nattinen also has the best +/- on the Bulldogs. He seems to be quietly improving his game all around.

–Go Habs Go!–

20. Cal says:

Happy Friday, everyone. A little Who (that Horton may have heard).

21. HabFab says:

Forward Alain Berger signed a two-year contract with SC Bern of the Swiss National League A. (December 11)

22. Boomer says:

Hey comm, I was there the game Hudon was scratched. That had me a bit down but it was fun to see no less. My comment was with regards to his play at the intersquad game. I unfortunately missed that one but had a friend who saw it and was impressed. That was coming from a flames fan who hates the habs lol. I’m really glad he made the team. He’s clutch in international games and deserves to be there :)
    Oh and I saw Brett Ritchie walking around, and that man is a TANK. He looks so much bigger in person than on ice!
    I’m excited bro! we’re in the same group as the ruskies and Yanks!
    Bring it!

23. Habitant in Surrey says:

…What can I say about Hick’s Midnight Fantasies that I/We haven’t said before ?

…all One/We can do is laugh, I guess :)

…so, what was the final score in Hamilton ?

• commandant says:

4-3 wolves

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…thank you Ben

…I’m not discouraged, very few games it seems They have been run out of the rink …most close, or competitive

…any news on Avtsin ? …has He rejoined the Team ?

…One would think, with the dearth of offence, They would ride Avtsin at every opportunity on top-6 to finally evaluate if He has any NHL potential

…release Him if none …but, since They seem to hang-onto Him, someOne must sense the ‘potential’ is still there

24. Riga Fraction says:

Final cuts made and we finally know who will be representing team Canada at the WJHC, roster looks good…. can’t wait for the best hockey of the year (every year) to begin once again.

Canadian Roster

Forwards: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Mark Scheifele, Jonathan Hueberdeau, Ryan Strome, Nathan MacKinnon, Jonathan Drouin, Charles Hudon, Boone Jenner, Anthony Camara, Phillip Danault, J.C. Lipon, Brett Ritchie, Ty Rattie

Defence: Morgan Rielly, Dougie Hamilton, Griffin Reinhart, Xavier Ouellet, Scott Harrington, Ryan Murphy, Tyler Wotherspoon

Goaltenders: Malcolm Subban, Jordan Binnington, Jake Patterson

25. commandant says:

Beaulieu 6 points in last 5 games

7 in his last 7.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

26. commandant says:

Beaulieu scores his first AHL goal now. 4-3 with 53 seconds left.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

27. tippytoes says:

I don’t get it Leblanc, Holland, bournival and Gallagher. St Denis and Boullieau at the point and they still can’t acore. I don’t get it

28. pottymonster says:

im curious as to why the poll indicates that people are in favor of a 5 year limit on contracts.

would you be in favor of a 5 year limit on the terms of your employment if you only had a window of 15 years to make your money?

• Fake says:

Obviously when it comes to money, people get greedy. And yeah it would be nice to be secure in a nice 10 year deal. But who really cares. Contracts aren’t guaranteed in other sports like football. Perform or GTFO. So honestly, in hockey, they have it made.

• Cal says:

Contract longer than 5 years are, to put it bluntly, bleeping crazy. The question of long term injury comes up and that’s the major problem aside from performance. Hell, if it’s a superstar Crosby type, how hard is it to give him an extension every year?

29. commandant says:

5 on 3

Shoot the fricking puck.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

30. tippytoes says:

For a team with so many rookies, wouldn’t an experienced coach have been a better choice. I mean Lefebrve has zero experience as a head coach. Zero.

31. commandant says:

4-1 right after.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

32. frontenac1 says:

4-2 now. Shot in off Nash

33. neumann103 says:

For those who recently expressed doubts about Beaulieu, I hope you saw his play about 6 minutes into third on what became the first Hamilton goal.

Not that this makes a career, but the skills on display are serious

“Et le but!”

34. frontenac1 says:

Nice goal by Beaulieu! 3-1

35. commandant says:

Beaulieu with a great shift and sets up Nattinen. 3-1 Wolves now.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

36. ZepFan2 says:

Anybody know what Jean Beliveau’s number was when he played for the Victoriaville tigers?

Ian??

37. jols101 says:

Friggin 3-0. What were they saying about President Obama and the lockout ?

38. frontenac1 says:

3 Zip Wolves. The Dogs are a sleep out there

39. habs001 says:

TVA hAs a free preview till jan 14 on Rogers… watching the Bulldogs i can see why they are the lowest scoring team in the ahl..They seem to have very few forwards with natural scoring abilities even on the power play the forwards show very limited offensive skills…

40. Habilis says:

So my brother just texted me from some restaurant in Minneapolis. Gary Bettman is dining at the table next to him.

My reply: Throatpunch him.

41. frontenac1 says:

Good to see my Homeboy Scotty Arniel landed on his feet with Vancouver Org. After that Columbus Clusterf*ck. He is a good lad.

42. Phil C says:

Only 3 skaters from the 2012 draft year on WJC Team Canada, including Hudon which is a great accomplishment. Habs management must be pleased.

JC Lipon also made the team despite being undrafted. He is second in scoring in the WHL. I guess the draft is not an exact science. He will probably be a first rounder in 2013.

The fact Dumba was cut is a great example of how the Draft is a crapshoot. This isn’t to say he won’t become a great pro, but picking an 18 yr. old is indeed a crapshoot aside from some obvious special talents.

I do often wonder how different things would be with a 19yr. old draft age. How many late physically maturing kids get screwed over based on an 18 year old age draft.

• commandant says:

I highly doubt Lipon will be a first rounder. He’ll be drafted, but lets remember that Tanner Pearson last year was the first ever draft “re-entry” to go in the first round and he went 30th.

Pearson was a much better prospect.

Lipon’s probably a late 2nd/early 3rd at best.

Leading the WHL in scoring isn’t everything… .Brendan Shinimin led the league last year and he was also undrafted. Also Corey Locke was undrafted at 18 and led the OHL in scoring the next year and was a 4th rounder of Montreal and became a career AHLer.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

43. Haborama says:

How’s Tinordi, Quailer, and Gallagher playing ????

44. jols101 says:

Someone’s phone keeps ringing in the TVA press box. Annoying as hell. Anyone else hearing that?

45. Mr. Biter says:

If there is a 48 game season (I don’t believe we will have a season) however I believe our chances for a playoff chance improves. But if no season we could have a Olympic calibre team for the World Championships. it would be the players best chance to gain some sympathy for the lockout/strike fROM the hockey fans by playing for Canada. Same would go for other countries hockey players. Just don’t tell me those games would also strat at 4:00 A.M.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

Hey Ron, saw your message regarding tipping a pint in the Peg when I am there this Christmas. I noticed on your profile the company website you have listed. If I send the contact us an email does this go to you? Would love to have a beer with you, I am not sure what my schedule will be like, but would like to make the effort to try and do this. May have to be an afternoon pint, as I have a ton a family to see when I get there.

Let me know, cheers bud!

What area of the Peg do you live and hang out in? I will be spending most of my time in the area near U. of M. / WhiteRidge area.

• Mr. Biter says:

Hey HiB, yes if you go to the e-mail contact it will get to me. We are closed for the week so I’m open all Christmas week but have to leave for Orlando on Jan 1 or 2. I live off Lag. in East Kildonan so it’s a quick drive to Whiteridge.
        Have a good flight.

Mr. Biter
        No Guts No Glory

Cool, I have some family out in Kildonan area closer to Birds Hill. Will send you an email in the next couple days and we can discuss.

Thanks Biter!

46. jols101 says:

Bulldogs look like they are growing as a Team. Much better then earlier this season but that PP is still horrendous and they still need an offensive catalyst to spark the Team.

47. frontenac1 says:

1-0 Wolves

48. Chris says:

Without wanting to sound like a complete whiner, is there anyway that we could get some of these “stories” rolled into single posts with internal links?

I know that the Gazette staff are trying to provide some sort of content, but it really is a bit odd to have four articles posted today when there has largely been almost no news to talk about.

Perhaps a single post, to maintain the conversation threads that repeatedly get hijacked, with a link to the 1993 season recaps and Hickey’s fantasy reports when they happen on the same day?

• ProHabs says:

They need to start a new thread when it is a fantasy league article because it is a guaranteed 1000 comment post. They would over load the system if they rolled the fantasy league post together with another post. The popularity of the fantasy league is through the roof.

• govenah says:

Here Here! I am not inclined to visit as often cause the good threads keep getting buried. I think the site should look at new format. Just chimin’ in.

49. HabFab says:

Oh no, not PK!
    And he was having a Norris type season too.
    Might have know that racist dirty Richards would be the one. He wouldn’t get suspended either with Jacobs owning the Kings now too!

• Habfan10912 says:

You’re right Frank! Who would have guessed that Jacobs secretly purchased the Kings right before they went on their playoff run to the cup.

———————————–

• Haborama says:

but really, who is afraid of Mike Richards??????

he’s 5,9, not nearly as physical as he was 3-4 years ago, he can’t fight (I remember him getting pounded multiple times when he was a Flyer, hell I could kick his arse) and is in sharp decline, he’s 28 and we’ve already seen the best of him, pathetic.

Why this guy thinks he commands any kind of respect or fear is beyond me, he’s basically a poor man’s Brad Marchand……

• Riga Fraction says:

Spoken like someone who has absolutely no clue who he’s talking about.

• Riga Fraction says:

To correct some of the inaccuracies… there are a lot even in such a small post. He’s listed as either 5’11 or 6’0 depending on the source (not 5’9). He can fight, and while he isn’t a heavyweight, his record is listed at around 23-16-15 while going up against opponents mostly his own size or bigger. Guys like McCabe, Perry, Asham, Exelby, Hollweg, Avery, Mara, Laich, Dubinsky, Clarkson, Downie, Bieksa, Cooke. He’s averaged around 5-6 fights per year and last year he had 5 fights. That’s not exactly a sharp decline, it’s actually right on his average. He’s not 28, he’s actually 27 still and as for seeing the best of him… well he lead his team from getting bounced in the first round twice and missing the playoffs the previous two years before he joined them to Stanley Cup Champions less than 8 months ago.

He’s also the ONLY player to ever win the Memorial Cup, the Calder Cup and the Stanley Cup. He’s added the WJHC Gold and Olympic Gold on top of those. He’s been a captain just about everywhere he’s been and has won championships on every team he’s been a part of except for Philly, where he ONLY captained them to game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals (what a failure). So basically put… your assessment of him couldn’t possibly have been more inaccurate. I get that you dislike him, but try to stay on this planet and keep a little bit of reality involved next time would you?

• Bill J says: