‘I’m taking nothing for granted,’ Gallagher says heading into second season

The Canadiens’ Brendan Gallagher was in Toronto on Tuesday to take part in the NHLPA’s rookie showcase, even though he isn’t a rookie anymore.

Gallagher was a finalist for the Calder Trophy last season as the NHL’s top rookie, losing out to Jonathan Huberdeau of the Florida Panthers. Gallagher finished the season with 15-13-28 totals in 44 games. The only rookies to post more points were Edmonton’s Nail Yakupov (17-14-31), Huberdeau (14-17-31) and Ottawa’s Cory Conacher (11-18-29).

“This summer I prepared the same way, did the exact same things,” Gallagher told The Canadian Press about his offseason training. “I’m taking nothing for granted.”

He added: “I don’t want to be complacent about a first year. I know a lot of guys have had good first years and struggle in their second so I’m aware of that. The most important thing is winning. I just want to be part of a winning hockey team and for me to contribute in that I need to continue to build on my season last year.”

Gallagher also commented on the Canadiens’ offseason signings:

“Daniel Briere (is) a very skilled, a smaller guy I can learn from and who I’m excited to be around. Douglas Murray is a presence to play against to say the least, a big body who is going to be effective on the penalty kill and will fit nicely into our core of six defencemen.

“Having (George Parros) around, I think, just makes everyone feel more comfortable. We had guys (last year) who were willing to stand up . . . you look at a guy like Brandon Prust who would go fight (Toronto forward) Frazier McLaren, who is a much bigger guy, and he did very well. But for us to have Prust on the ice is big as well.”

Gallagher happy to be at rookie showcase, Canada.com

Goaltending remains biggest question for Team Canada at Olympics, by Cam Cole of Postmedia News

Olympic team plays ball hockey (with video), montrealgazette.com

TSN panel projects Team Canada roster, TSN.ca

Ice-making 101, Canadiens.com

1. La Duke 16 says:

I just picked up the Canada Cup 1976 dvds. I am having a blast watching them with my kids.

A couple of observations from 1976:
    Bobby Orr is amazing! I am to young to have an appreciation for his true skills. With medical procedures of today, that guy could have played another 7 years on those knees.
    LaFleur is just a treat to watch with the puck – although he did not have a great scoring series.
    Gainey could really skate. I never knew he could fly around the ice like that.
    Esposito looks like Rocky Balboa from the first Rocky movie. They have the same mug.
    Roggie played great in nets. Out of position a lot, but didn’t matter.

• Chris says:

The really fun thing: key in on the forwards when they are defending, and watch how many of them are skating backwards in the neutral zone.

That is the single greatest difference between today’s players and those of the 1980′s and earlier. Everybody in today’s NHL would be an elite skater in previous decades, where the skating was generally not very strong.

• twilighthours says:

Elite skating and committed to backchecking/defending.

This is why we can’t compare great players/teams across generations. Today’s players are just better than yesteryear’s.

Because they have to be, I am convinced that the great athletes of every generation would have been great athletes in other generations, circumstances had it that backchecking/defending wasn’t required of the stars in the 70′s. A player like Gainey chose to excel in that regard in order to achieve success, a player like Lafleur didn’t need to. Put him in today’s enviornment and he has to quit smoking so much and he has to pay more attention to defence.

2. HabFanSince72 says:

OK my last comments on the great schism.

1. Neither H I/O nor EOTP are closed communities. We shouldn’t generalize too much about either one.

2. People here attacked Berkshire long before yesterday’s kerfuffle.

3. How does the fact that there’s an H I/O charity event mean that no one who posts to H I/O should ever be criticized (also known as the Lance Armstrong gambit)? Three separate individuals made threats of physical violence against Mr Berkshire last night. Are they immune from criticism because they happen to post on the same site as Ian (who organizes the charity event)?

4. I always thought Pat Hickey was perfectly within his rights to criticize Theoren Fleury.

The Hickey/Fleury situation was certainly a contentious issue, which created a great deal of animosity here. I didn’t agree with Hickey’s views, but he indeed had the right to do so.

As for Mr. Berkshire, I met him in person and he seemed like a nice young guy. I have to go with Matty on this one though, he just seems to get a little too argumentative, as some of us do on occasion I might add. I am sure I will see him at the Summit this year and will enjoy a drink with him, regardless of Corsi or Fenwick! :)

CHeers HF72

• Luke says:

Why do I not recall the Fleury/Hickey situation at all?

Obviously it cause some turmoil, and is probably not worth rehashing… but, man… i’m curious now.

Off to search the intraweb… (well, that was easy).

Interesting.

• Lafleurguy says:

Fleury publicly criticized the “light” sentence given out out to Graham James. Hickey then wrote a Gazette article and gave the opinion that Fleury was possibly disingenuous because the two men were co-owners of the Calgary Hitmen together, before the second round of criminal proceedings started against James. The first round did net a prison sentence for James, as well as a full pardon which then was rescinded after a public outcry. James may have been able to retreat successfully into anonymity in Guadalajara, except for maybe a whistle-blower about the pardon, and the work of CBC’s Fifth Estate investigative team (Bob McEwen, head reporter, I vaguely recall)

“Where’s the Beef?/What’s the Beef?”

The whole Pardon situation in Canada was very enlightening to me, I had no idea that they were handed out as often as they are. I found it shocking actually. I believe you are correct in your recollection of Bob McEwen being the reporter who found the dispicable James.

• Lafleurguy says:

Interesting that Jim Corsi has been goalie coach in Buffalo for close to 16 years. I remember him as a goalie with the WHA Nordiques. Seems his “Sabre”-metric tool came out at about the same time as Matt Fenwick’s, around 2007. Stats recorders probably prefer Fenwick’s since they don’t have to watch for who blocked who’s shot.

• Chris says:

Ah, the Lance Armstrong gambit. It was so effective for so long despite what common sense should have told people.

I’ll be curious to see if tennis players ever get scrutinized. There’s at least a few players that are ridiculously fishy.

• HabFanSince72 says:

What I meant in this case is his use of Livestrong to deflect criticism of his cheating. Like: if you prosecute me for cheating it’ll sap my energies for curing cancer.

• Chris says:

I understood and definitely agree. I was astonished at how many friends bought that argument hook, line and sinker.

He cheated. “But he is helping cure cancer!” (uh, no…his foundation spent almost all of its donation money on “promotion”, not research into cancer prevention/treatment)

He cheated. “But he is inspirational for cancer surivors!” (so is Terry Fox…and he didn’t cheat.)

• twilighthours says:

Let it go, Freddie. It’s over.

• Habfan10912 says:

Edit: what twi said.

• Ron says:

72, I’m not sure if you are referring to me in regard to physical violence to AB last night but that was sure not the case. If so, please tell of the instance or instances that occurred. My back and forth with him was not a threat at any point..

Paul ?????

3. frontenac1 says:

Whoa! I draw the line at worms in the Mezcal!

The bridge contract debate continues.

I wonder what will happen when Galchenyuk’s turn comes in two years.

5. RiverviewCanadien says:

Summertime…I don’t post very often here in the off season, although I do check for new threads and skim over some posts.

I have no idea what started yesterday with Andrew (and EOTP), nor do I care what about the antics people were up.

I did read Shane’s (Sholi2000) post this morning and I have to agree 100%.

6. frontenac1 says:

@hobie. Amen amigo! Our “Angels of Retribution” will watch over Gally.Saludos!

• Hobie Hansen says:

Again, injuries or not, you cross check Gallagher in the back of the head, you better be ready to have Prust, White, Moen or Parros drop the gloves and come after you or for Murray, Emelin or Subban destroy you with a huge open ice hit.

Looks like we finally have a team with some balls here!

love it!

• HabFanSince72 says:

I still don’t understand how that works.

When White “went after” another player last year he got a 5 min instigator which cost us the game and got him benched for several games thereafter.

When Emelin “went after” Lucic with a huge open ice hit …. well we all know what happened.

7. Maritime Ronn says:

Appears as though Emelin is on track for the end of November

Therrien said Emelin is recovering well. End of November still the target. Therrien saw him in Brossard yesterday during therapy.

Therrien a aussi dit qu’Emelin guérit bien. On vise tjrs la fin novembre. Therrien l’a vu hier puisqu’il a sa rééducation à Brossard

8. junyab says:

Here’s hoping Gallagher’s production doesn’t shrink this year…the Desharnais haters will have a new target for their hate club.

Just a point of information but Serge Savard’s #18 was retired by the Habs in 2006.

Montreal Canadiens retired numbers:

23 Bob Gainey LW 1974-89 February 23, 2008
    29 Ken Dryden G 1970-79 January 29, 2007
    33 Patrick Roy G 1985-95 November 22, 2008
    99 1 Wayne Gretzky C – February 6, 2000[35]

• Eddie says:

24,

re Hudon, his skating ability and speed. Here’s my take, for whatever it’s worth.

There are guys who are the fastest skaters on the ice regularly, and some of them actually contribute very little to the offensive side of the game.

There are players who will never be the fastest on the ice, but they are certainly fast enough, and they contribute so much to the offence that their coaches can’t stop throwing them out there.

Hudon fits nicely into the 2nd group.

He will need to fill out and add about 20 pounds of muscle and speed so he can play in the NHL at 5’10, 195, which is very acceptable.

If his back does not kill his career, Hudon will make the Habs in a few seasons as a top 9 forward and likely force his way towards a 2nd line role over time.

He is a very clever and very talented player who is gifted with the ability to create offence and to bury the chances he gets. But he will never be confused with the fastest skater on the ice, nor does he have to be.

• habstrinifan says:

Like Hudon a lot too… but have very big doubts re him ever getting enough of that ‘fill out and muscle’ to make the big club. I hope I am wrong cause he is such a smart player.

• Sam Boni says:

You were also paid a compliment at EOTP last night.

• Habfan10912 says:

I am an idiot. Thanks 24.

• Lafleurguy says:

Stop! This is the internet. Only other posters can hurl insults at you, even if they’re not Irish. I’m covering your back, J., so you don’t get banana’d from the internet.

• 24 Cups says:

Jim – LOL. Brain cramps are my specialty. I can remember all the line combinations from the late 50′s Hab teams but can’t remember where I parked my car at the mall.

10. Mattyleg says:

So England won the Ashes, but the final rush of excitement was killed by the umpires, who prematurely ended the match because of bad light. A sadly fitting ending for a series marred by bad umpiring.

For anyone who complains about NHL refereeing, take a look at international cricket. There are only 4 non-English or Australian umpires in the world who can referee test matches, and because of the rule of not using ‘home’ umpires, these 4 have to umpire in all five 5-day matches of the England-Australia series, regardless of how crap they have proven themselves to be.

And just to chime in on AB; I remember meeting him at the summit a few years ago, and said “Oh, hi! You came!” to which he replied, “Of course. I’m not afraid.”

I remember thinking, “afraid…? What the hell’s he talking about? Why on Earth would he be afraid?”

I’ve got nothing against the fellow, but I think that people sometimes reap what they sow. It ain’t what you say but the way that you say it, as the old song doesn’t go.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

11. Chrisadiens says:

Well, last night was fun…not.

Waking up this morning I have a feeling that I’ve been duped. I took the bait. I normally use the ignore option but for whatever reason, that wasn’t going to happen last night. Insulting me is fine but insulting my friends is another story. They got me. They got me good.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

12. Mavid says:

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

• Sam Boni says:

Serge Savard.

• Habfan10912 says:

What a player and a decent GM as well. Funny how if Serge played for just about any other team but the Canadiens, his number would most likely be retired. The retire number bar is set so high on Montreal.

• Sam Boni says:

He was clearly nearly and wearily out of gas when he arrived in Winnipeg via a trade but when the Jets immediately appointed him captain, it demonstrated the tremendous respect hockey fans in Winnipeg had for this honoured torch-bearer. No one matches Jean Beliveau for being the classiest of the classiest, but Serge was cut from that cloth. One of his finer moments was standing up to Dave Schultz when Big Bird wasn’t on the ice. Serge got bloodied but the maniac Hammer backed off a bit after a few blows landed.

• habstrinifan says:

Hope I not disqualified from further contribution in HIO when I admit that I never realized his number was not retired. WOW!

One of the easiest images on ice to recapture. Smoother than acclaimed.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Mathieu Schneider (1988-1990)
      Denis Savard (1991-1993)
      Valeri Bure (1995-1998)

• Un Canadien errant says:

Serge Savard.

13. boing007 says:

Other news from Scotland: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/man-threw-bacon-in-mosque-attack-1-3063475

It could have been worse, he could have sent in a live pig covered in grease.
    Richard R

14. Habfan10912 says:

Good morning all. Someone asked yesterday what Galchenyuk’s chances for making the USA Olympic team were. I found a piece in Sports Illustrated that says his chances are good.

Take a look at the choices Team USA have in net. Holy crap.

• commandant says:

I could see him making it as the 13th or 14th forward if he has a good start to the season. The US isn’t deep at centre, and their organization seems to always want to think about developping leaders for the future by getting them experience at big international tourneys. Just look at the roster from the World Championships the past few years.

With a 25 man roster and only 22 dressing every night, I could see them taking some kids for the experience.

Your 2013 NHL Draft Headquarters, Now Open.

• Habfan10912 says:

Morning Ben. Do you think he’ll be looked at as a center-man even though MT stated yesterday he’ll continue to play Galchenyuk on the wing?

• doc359 says:

I think he will. He played effectively at center when he was given a shot, and I wouldn’t doubt he gets a few tries at center throughout the year when injuries occur.

Not to mention, with that 13th forward spot, you want to have a player who can fill in on any line, in any position. Gally seems to fit that mold as a guy who can play both wing and center, has a great offensive game, and can really contribute defensively.

unrelated: thanks for all you guys being up and going already, gives me a good start to my day

• Maritime Ronn says:

Jim

This looks like the US pecking order at center
          Kesler, Stepan, Pavelski, Backes, Galchenyuk

On the left side, it looks like this
          Parise, Pacioretty, Ryan, Van Riemsdyk

• Sam Boni says:

Quick-Howard-Miller.
      Would be neat if Galchenyuk was put on the same line as Pacioretty.
      I highly recommend the ice-making 101 article. Ball hockey! Someone should have told me to go to the Saddledome.

• Cal says:

Hey Jim. It looks like the USA chances for gold at Sochi are good to excellent. Depth throughout the lineup and goalies up the wazoo.
      It’s going to be a very interesting tournament.

• Habfan10912 says:

They’ll be good but will they be as good as Team Canada and Russia? And Sweden is gonna be formidable as well. It’s going to be just wonderful hockey to watch.

• Sam Boni says:

Sergei Bobrovsky in goal for the Russian Bear is not too intimidating. Wonder if Markov was invited to try out? Wonder if Kovalchuk will un-retire for Sochi?

• doc359 says:

Kovalchuk is already playing in the KHL so he will for sure be on the team. I see Radulov and the other big names that went to the KHL making it as well, as Russia really wants to promote it.

Markov seems like a likely Olympian though I wouldn’t mind him sitting out and resting for a few weeks. Save the tournament for those that aren’t going to be worn out by it

15. Bill says:

About post below, read Parros for Prust

16. Bill says:

Trini, are you seriously suggesting that the addition of Prust reduces the risk of Gallagher getting injured?

• commandant says:

There quite simply is no actual evidence to suggest that tougher teams see their players get injured less. People have done studies and the fact is that there is no statistical correlation to man games lost to injury by a team and number of penalty minutes or fighting majors. It just is one of the myths about fighting that remains in the debate but simply is not true.

Your 2013 NHL Draft Headquarters, Now Open.

• Maritime Ronn says:

It’s not a question of injuries.
        It’s a question of how a smaller guy plays if he knows someone has his back.

Do you think Marchand plays the way he does if he didn’t have the Bruins swarm ?
        And then what about Kadri who openly admitted having Orr and McLaren allowed him to do things he wouldn’t normally do if they weren’t there

• Hobie Hansen says:

Injury or not, do you like watching Gallagher smacked around after every whistle without so much as a boo from another Habs player?

Last year on many occasions when Prust was either injured, on a different line or engaged in other activities, Gallagher took a serious beating with no retaliation.

This year, Prust will be freed up a bit more, thanks to Parros, to at least intervene when somebody is cross checking Gallagher into the ice.

You have to be pretty messed up in the head to enjoy watching Gallagher fight for his life out there without so much as one teammate saying that’s not OK?

• habstrinifan says:

Not in the ‘direct’ manner you are suggesting. May I refer you to Gallagher’s own words in the article (which I read after my post) and ask if you dont see some similarity of thought in the ‘physicality burden’ which I am saying was progressively placed on Gallagher’s shoulders.

It may make me appear conceited, but I think my words captured his views on what the acquisitions mean to him as a player. I got excited after I read the article because it allayed my fears that he would enter the season trying too much to be the ‘net presence character’ type guy MB lauded in his post season conference.

Just my ‘read’ and my opinion anyways, which I simply spoke aloud.

Read through most of the thread/s regarding comments made on EOTP. I have to say I really no interest in bashing another site. And while I rarely remember to go to their website, I often read the articles there when someone links it here, and whether I agree or not, I just love to read articles regarding our Habs.

I do have to say that reading through the thread, Chris brought up a name from the past whom I always enjoyed here at HI/O, and that was crosseye mofo. That guy has a great and witty sense of humour, and I was fortunate to share a few pints with him at a Summit along with JD. I do miss those guys a great deal on this site as I love when folks can include humour with some bright hockey knowledge.

As for someone calling this site garbage, or whatever it was that was written, let’s not get too worked up. Maybe what all of us (including folks at EOTP) really need is a full NHL season of hockey followed up with some playoff hockey.

Morning everyone.

• Cal says:

Hey Burly,

Agree with you. My only but is that the ones pissing on this site were given opportunities here. Besides the fact that hockey is played on the ice and not an Excel spread sheet. ;)

• I haven’t been a regular all summer. It’s the off season, and well it’s summer. But when I have been on here, almost daily I see someone slamming a writer over there. I can imagine it get’s to you. I’m in the people pleasing business. If someone were to trash my work on a daily basis I imagine I would lose it too.

But here’s the thing. If this kind of garbage posting continues, I’ll be gone faster than you can say Bruins Suck. This site is better than that, it was better than that. The members here aren’t 12 year old kids who cry every time someone makes fun of Halak, or Price, or Gomez, or Boone.

Members here need to stop trashing them. They aren’t TSN, or CBC, they’re not professionals. They’re a bunch of fans with opinions.

I don’t read their opinions, if I want a fans opinion I’ll read it here. But to those trashing them on a daily basis guess what, they’re people, and you brought it on yourself.

Enough, like I said earlier, this site was better than that crap yesterday.

You want to destroy a good site, continue with the schoolyard antics. Not a fun way to start the day, I better pick up a brush, and do what I do best, get happy, and care less.

Have a great day peoples, it’s still summer, and there isn’t anything going on in the hockey world that needs to be wrote, read, or discussed.

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures
      Summit Member 00029.31

• Ron says:

Shane, not sure if you are referring to the posts between Chris and myself with Andrew B last night but if you are would you please comment back. I haven’t been in a schoolyard in about 50 years so maybe you can enlighten me if and I say IF you are referring to me how I would be destroying a good site. Shane, take a few deep breaths, your holier than I stuff is getting a bit thin..

• SmartDog says:

I don’t see people trashing EOTP very often. I really don’t.
        And the one serious discussion I can remember EVER about it (my memories not what it was though!) was last night. And I think it brought up old wounds. And I understand it because I remember seeing what a jerk one of those guys was on this forum. You’d disagree politely and he’d jump down your throat. So I don’t blame anyone for reacting in this context. I don’t trash EOTP as a forum because I never go there so have no idea. But as for the people – they are people…. we feel a certain way about Ian, about Timo (who is important in a weird way), and about anyone who works to make themselves heard. You reap what you sow – and that’s what’s going on.

————————————-
        Can you smell what the dog is sniffin?

• Habfan10912 says:

Morning Burly! We all have complete control over what we read or sites we visit. It’s kind of like an internal ignore button.

While I admire Chrisadiens and others passion in defending this site I choose the ignore option. I stopped reading one author on that site last year. I’ll discontinue reading the other now. My choice and would make NO recommendation one way or the other.

There are differences of opinion on here often. Most times those differences and arguments are made in an educated non threatening manner. I have many friends -yes, I do have friends – who have completely different views on life as me. Socialist. Ultra-conservative. Agnostic. Atheist. I’m surrounded by them all and welcome them heartily into my life. It’s how I learn and I hope it’s of some benefit to them as well.

This site and the internet in general is a lot like that. I’ll read it all until I’m sickened by a remark that is insulting, racist or hateful in some way. Then I’m gone.

We all have the power of choice. I often post about a HIO future which contains an ignore button. I’ve built my own.

Let’s talk some hockey. CHeers.

• Lafleurguy says:

To get your goat (but leaving your worms alone), Canada’s U-18 Women’s Ice Hockey team beat the US 3-2 in a Lake Placid exhibition game last weekend.*

*noticethehockeycontentofthispost

• Habfan10912 says:

Goat gotten. (insert smiley face). It use to be a two team tournament and it probably will still be a North American Gold Medal match-up but it’s interesting to see the rest of the world kind of catching up, huh?

Gallagher strikes me as a player who is 100% honest when he says he is taking nothing for granted. You often hear different plays say things like this, along with other cliche’s but I really do get the sense Gallagher means what he says. Very hard to not really like this kid, I just hope he can stay healthy, he sure takes his share of hard knocks.

• habstrinifan says:

Gallagher could be one of the players who benefits the most with the addition of Briere and Parros.

The addition of Gallagher onto a line with Pacioretty and Desharnais was misguided. First in an ‘unspoken’ fashion and then as a deliberate coaching strategy, this move placed the ‘grit’ or ‘character’ burden for the line on Gallagher’s shoulders.
      Not surprisingly, Gallagher exuberantly ‘accepted’ this responsibility. It both detracted from his game and resulted in physical decline. Hopefully this will not be necessary in 2013-2014.

As a huge fan of Gallagher, I hope he uses the mixture of physicality and play-making which vaulted him onto the top line in his short stint in Hamilton and won him a spot on the big team.

His comments show his main attribute. He works at his game. As Chris pointed out, concentration of defensive improvement will benefit him more than trying to bring too much ‘net presence character’ which while noticed and lauded by both MT and MB could derail a very good NHL 2nd line prospect.

Agree bud, morning my friend.

• habstrinifan says:

Good morning!
          I had not read the article yet as I try and catch up on the overnite-am posts before I read the linked articles.
          Your “Gallagher.. 100% honest” caught my attention especially when you added the “stay healthy” hope. That triggered my reaction cause it was one of my fears for him as last season played itself out.
          Now that I have read the article, I am convinced that he himself has thought about the same issues and feels the burden ‘lifted’. Note his mention of the names Murray, Prust, and Parros.

We both are huge fans of Gallagher and can relax now I think.
          …. providing MB and MT use caution in their demands on the ‘character aspect’ of his play.

19. habstrinifan says:

Good Morning!

Which is about as daring a statement as I dare make.

20. CharlieHodgeFan says:

I loved watching Gallagher last season and I hope I love watching him this one.
    I loved the story of the overlooked, disrespected small guy making it on the basis of heart, and showing that he was a good NHLer in spite of his height. The problem is, I’m talking about Desharnais.
    While history does not repeat itself and all small players don’t follow the same trajectory, they do face similar challenges. I hope they can both put it together this season, and both play with the heart that got them to this level.
    The second season is a tough one. If Gallagher starts slowly or has a little trouble adjusting to how the league will have adjusted to him, I hope the fans stay off his case.

• mksness says:

Gally is fun to watch. always plays at 110%. i really hope the coaching staff and team mix things up a bit to keep him going as teams will be preparing for him this year.

For DD, uhhhhhhhh not say he doesn’t try but i would like to see more effort and don’t fall off your skates every time someone bumps you. Last year was a short season which might have just messed up a few guys timing or what not.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Gallagher should be fine, and the additions of Parros, Murray, and a healthy Prust will stop morons like Phaneuf trying to decapitate him as he tried last year. If that happens, Parros will tap Lady Di/on on the shoulder and tell him to play nice or else.

As for the other guy, it will all depend where MT slots Eller…who should be given every opportunity for Top 6 minutes and PP time.
        We’ll see…

• Luke says:

That Phaneuf head hunting run at Gallagher, and ensuing reluctance to answer to Prust for it, was one of the more dispicable sequences I can recall from last season.

Sure, it was against our guy so it makes my blood boil a bit more then usual.

But, Prust also played nice and didn’t just start throwing shots. Chara didn’t like what Emelin did to Seguin and didn’t give AE the option.

Hopefully Parros gets a hold of Phaneuf.

I’m not a big fan of the goons. But if we’ve got one… Let’s let Dion be the first Leaf introduced to him.

21. Dunboyne Mike says:

Morning all.
    Thanks for advice on varifocals/progressives.
    @2ndthought: Yes, County Meath. Why don’t Canadians buy meat at their local butchers?
    Good luck to any teachers/profs starting soon. Also to kids/grandkids.

Ok, enough “garbage”. On the topic de jour, I remain purposely ignorant of Corsi and Fenwick, not because I am averse to them but because I was scarred by a statistics module I did in college. I remain frightened. It means that my hockey observations/opinions here can usually be dismantled with the aid of the statistics I myself didn’t employ before making them. But I don’t mind. A good case in point is what looks to me like Montreal needing a better presence around the blue paint at both ends — a viewpoint which apparently can be countered with stats.

I recall our “garbage” “family” not always being all that welcoming to some honest but lesser lights of the stats persuasion, eg Steve O who only ever offers an opinion and never (in my experience) attempted to ram it down anyone’s throat. Maybe we should watch that.

In the end, it’s good there’s endless variety on the web. Those who find the community aspect of HIO too much like “family” can always choose to reduce or eliminate their presence here and visit sites that suit them better.

As for PK’s Olympic prospects — we’re getting riled WAY too early! Nothing matters, not the Norris, not previous Norrises, nor salaries nor reputations — except how the first three months of the season go. Babcock will be hell-bent on winning, and has the luxury of an elite pool of D-men from which to choose. If PK stays elite, and maybe even grows, between now and the Games, he’s in. If others play better than he does, Babcock will do what he has to do in order to win.

But really, do any of us actually feel there’s a chance PK will slump?

Cheers to all

• habstrinifan says:

Like!

• HabFanSince72 says:

OK ready for another one of my pet peeves?

Corsi isn’t “advanced” or complicated. It’s just shots for versus shots against while you’re on the ice. Hard to imagine anything simpler.

The problem with the whole advanced stats approach is that the data aren’t advanced and the stats non-existent.

1. The data. Most stats-heads are bloggers who don’t have the time or resources to obtain decent data. All they have is official NHL stats on shots and time on ice. You can get that in 3 mouse clicks. What would be good data? Video evidence of a defender’s ability to move the puck out of his zone for example. This would require watching hours and hours of video.

2. The stats. There aren’t any. I’ve never seen a single p-value in any hockey stats analysis. It means nothing to say player A had a better number than player B unless you have some measure of the variance.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

I knew I shouldn’t have shared my vulnerability.

It’s a good start, HF72, and thanks. But I might need hypnotherapy to take the next step. Ever done it?

• Lafleurguy says:

Whisper-out (too early in the morning to shout) to the stats gatherers who enabled the calculation of Corsi for Boyd Gordon of the Phoenix Coyotes. Do you really have to watch a player game after game to get these stats? What if you had to go to the bathroom?

• Chris says:

Check out the definition of scoring chances for another example. Nothing particularly advanced there.

• CharlieHodgeFan says:

If those kids in the other gang over on that other street want to call us names, well then maybe the Stats and The Family may have to rumble at the baseball diamond behond the arena, eh?
      Or we could grow up, meet them in a bar, talk like people and discover we have more in common than what divides us – it happened to me with the French/English gangs of my childhood. The French guys were actually kind of cool, once all our pimples had dried up and our lives had become intriguing.
      I get absolutely furious watching the Bruins beat the Habs, and I hope the reasonable and kind of fun to talk to Bruins fans I know get just as mad when the Habs beat their team. I like many Bruins fans, leafs fans, and even the Coyotes fan. Corsi, or Fenwick, or my expertise, Dimwit – we all just get excited hearing skates slice the ice, and watching a fast and beautiful game with inconsistent refereeing.
      But I even like the NHL refs I’ve met, if you really talk to them.

22. Marc10 says:

Wow. Just watched the TSN panel selection… Wha?! Bergeron as the 5th center behind Getzlaf? Seriously…? And Kunitz on the team… Nah.

Perry, St Louis, Sharp, Marchand… Heck even Bergeron… Any of those guys would be better than Kunitz.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Don’t be too concerned about TSN. They have to talk about something…

In another interview yesterday, Yzerman stated there were only 10 locks and 15 spots open. That’s huge and really means the first 3 months play (and injuries) will dictate the rest of the team.

• habstrinifan says:

10 locks? I find that too many.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Trin
          I see 8 not counting goalies

• habstrinifan says:

Couldnt reply under it but I agree that if one is gonna have players ‘locked in as selections’ now, then Seabrook has to be a lock.

Of course, I admit that I like Seabrook’s game better than even Weber’s.. but that is just me.

• Marc10 says:

Ten locks eh…

1) Crosby
        2) Toews
        3) Stamkos
        4) Weber
        5) Doughty
        7) Tavares
        8) Duncan Keith
        9) Nash
        10) Stall

I would assume those are the 10. And I’d probably put the last 2 or 3 on some kind of bubble too depending on their health.

My list would have Bergeron in there. He’s a big game performer and has superb hockey IQ.

• Maritime Ronn says:

It would be hard not to include 28 year old Seabrook on the lock list. He was there in 2010 and played Top 2-3 D in ToI in all situations – even strength-PK-PP for the Cup winning Hawks.

• Marc10 says:

Yep… One of the best Hawks. Big goals during that cup run.

• Chris says:

Seabrook had a relatively weak year last year in the regular season, which is reflected by the almost 3 minute per game cut to his ice time and his frequent demotions from the top pairing.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Seabrook was far from weak
            It was more like Hjalmarsson and Oduya stepping up in other situations – more balance

• Chris says:

You can find a lot of articles over at Blackhawks fan sites about Seabrook’s struggles last year. He had a very off season, but made up for it with a great playoffs.

Hjalmarsson and Oduya definitely played well, and Roszival was the big ice-time beneficiary. Keith also saw his ice time cut from the previous year, but Seabrook was really struggling in March and April. After only playing less than 20 minutes in 2 games last season and 2 of the first 26 games of this season, Seabook failed to top 20 minutes in 8 of the Blackhawks’ last 20 games.

His hit totals were still there and his offence was fine, but he was struggling defensively. He also had a blip in the playoffs against Detroit, having his ice time cut drastically for a couple of games, before bouncing back.

23. Maritime Ronn says:

Good Morning morning crew

Interesting comments yesterday from Coach Therrien regarding Alex Galchenyuk.

Coach T says AG will start on the wing again this year, and it will be his progression that will dictate exactly when he takes a Top 6 C spot. No time frame was mentioned.

There really is no rush when you consider the Habs have Plekanec and hopefully Eller as their 1-2 C guys – at least it better be those 2, if Eller gets back to how he finished last year.

Said Therrien (translated):

” Offensively, AG has to continue to create good situations along with – how he will read the play without the puck – his quickness on loose pucks – gaining a better maturity level concerning defence, then faceoff performance.”

Therrien went on to say the AG took part in all the PP and PK meetings last year and eventually he will play both.

Great news as our PP was 24th last season and we were only 1 of 2 teams that did not score a short handed goal.
    Moen had the most minutes on PK for all Habs forwards.
    And yes, the most important PK player is your goalie…

Back in the last complete season of 2011/12, the NJ Devils were absolutely incredible on the PK as they lead the NHL with an 89.6%.
    They only gave up 37 PP goals against, yet scored an amazing 15 short handed goals.
    Back then, they used 4 of their best offensive forwards for top PK time that being Parise-Zubrus-Elias-Henrique.

Interestingly enough, that same year the Habs ranked 2nd while they used Plekanec and Eller for 1st Unit.
    Habs also scored 10 Short handed goals which ranked 4th best in the NHL.
    It’s time to move Moen off the PK

• Dunboyne Mike says:

(and DD)

Morning RonN.

• Cal says:

Hey MRonn.
      His detractors may call him out for his TIO choices for certain players, but MT is very good at getting the kids ready, especially if they have skills. I’m hoping Chucky and Gally can adjust quickly to being more closely checked and learn to fight through all the bs opponents will throw at them.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Hi Cal
        I believe MT did a great job with the young guys along with the way he handled the 3 Dman call ups. That’s a lot of rookies going on in a short season.
        He protected them well with starts and they will most probably be put in tougher situations this year.
        A little concern about Gallagher’s D.

24. Marc10 says:

With Olympics on the line for many guys, I expect the Habs to come flying out of the gate. Can’t wait to see if Chucky can crack a seat at the big table.

• Maritime Ronn says:

He needs to play more than the 12:19 ave. per game he played last year during the season, and the 13 minutes per game he played in the playoffs.

• Marc10 says:

Good Morning MR,

It’s a safe bet he will. By all accounts this kid is a champ through and through. High end skills, trains like a pro, solid blood lines… The Habs were right to bring him up last year and they kept the reigns tight. The kid showed poise and great maturity. What a champion! I would expect he’ll make steady progress throughout the season and really bring it on in the second half of the season. We’ll certainly need a high flying Chucky if this team hopes to make the show.

25. Habitant in Surrey says:

…as per TSN’s talkin’ heads; Luongo, Carey Price (back-up) and Smith are prohibitive choices as Canada’s selected goaltenders for Sochi

…how in the World are they overlooking Crawford ???

…there is a way to go before the Olympic break, Luongo and Carey may show Us they are the best choices by that time, but as of now those 2′s yips when under pressure recently do not leave Me feeling assured of Canada’s goaltending edge

• habstrinifan says:

Thought McKenzie and the ‘other guy’ said that while Luongo and Price are considered 2 of top 3 both must have bounce back years.

Sane ‘panel’ which placed P.K as 6th D. with Petriangelo etc ahead of him.

Does anyone know if Front’s alive after his whiskey tour?

27. Habitant in Surrey says:

…hmmm, I have just read We have signed that big slow galoot Douglas Murray

…I felt Bergevin was going to add another big body, yet surprised it is the Scottish Swede Pachyderm

…it will be interesting to see how Our Fans take to His galumphing around the ice

…too bad that it’s unavoidable in today’s NHL We must match another team’s ponderous pachyderm troglodyte with Our own equally ponderous pachyderm troglodyte

28. twilighthours says:

Berkshire returns! Great times.

The rest of my comment wasn’t necessary, so I deleted it.

• chanchilla says:

why wouldn’t he go, if anything were to actually happen it would kind of prove his point about this site, we’re all grown ups here, he had a difference of opinion and left the site. He now has an opinion about this site in which hes perfectly entitled to. The summit has nothing to do with any of this.

29. commandant says:

@Chris

You said in the last thread, “First, I really don’t think my “expertise” is relevant enough to warrant getting my own column or the role of contributor to one of these sites.”

Don’t sell yourself short, if you ever changed your mind there would be room for you at LWOS. On top of that, I’d never ask you to stop participating or being a part of the H I/O Community either.

This is a great place to talk hockey, and you are one of my favorite people to read on here.

I’m not trying to change your mind or your opinion on writing for a blog. Just stating that you really do have more than the required “expertise” and shouldn’t sell yourself short in that way.

We may not always agree, but know that I do respect your opinions.

Your 2013 NHL Draft Headquarters, Now Open.

• mksness says:

you’re being way too nice on this site…way too nice.

• Sportfan says:

Ben is very nice, but many of us on this site are. We have our disagreements and we have our characters, but it represents people as a whole and how most people are in the real world. There are nice people, there are jerks, there are trolls and people in between. One thing is for sure that it is a nice community in general and the regulars here usually treat everyone with respect, even if they disagree with some opinions.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• SmartDog says:

I agree.

For better or for worse, “expertise” isn’t the key component in whether someone gets an audience. Tony Marinaro has an audience. EOTP has an audience.

You need to know enough obviously, but also have some interesting (and sometimes unique) ideas. And then you need to organize them well. And Chris does all that, just as well as the guys at EOTP.

————————————-
      Can you smell what the dog is sniffin?

HIO can piss much farther and higher than EOTP.

31. Epic says:

PK Subban is the best defenceman in the NHL right now and that’s the simple truth. If he does not make Team Canada it will be because of racism, jealousy, hatred of Les Gloreaux, and a fellative attitudes towards the Bruns and Leafs, the two most cowardly teams in hockey.

Brad Marchand has no place on team Canada, he is not respected by anyone in the league, most of his teammates would want to take a shot at him, he would be terrible in the room, and his skillset is average at best. If anything he’s a poor man’s Matt Cooke. Hockey Canada would lose a hige amount of respect if they put that cowardly wimpy dirtbag in skates and told it to play hockey with the nations best.

• Chris says:

PK Subban is not better than Shea Weber, in my opinion. In fact, I would argue that he’s got a ways to go.

Interesting that your description of Marchand could be pretty much used word-for-word by fans of other teams in the league to describe Subban until you get to the “skillset is average”. :) But yes…Marchand has no chance of making the team simply because he isn’t talented enough.

• mksness says:

think of the penalties marchand could draw. if you can control him and use his skill set accordingly he’s one hell of a hockey player.

• Chris says:

Marchand is absolutely an above-average player, even if he is a detestable little punk.

But he’s not top-16 among Canadian forwards, nor is he uniquely good at anything (as was the case when a similarly talent-deficient Patrice Bergeron made the 2010 team solely because of his defensive prowess).

His antics are just as likely to get him penalized as anyone else on international ice. And his propensity for ducking hits is a MASSIVE no-no in international hockey…they will call him for that every time.

• mksness says:

Very true, i forgot that they actually call penalties in international hockey… so used to everything being a tough hockey play, battle for positioning and just letting them play.

• Chris says:

Ducking a hit is considered tripping in international hockey because of the potential for the checking player to be unbalanced and fly into the boards out of control, risking serious injury. It is a big, big no-no everywhere outside of North America.

• twilighthours says:

It’s a big no no in North America too. It doesn’t happen that often, and it rarely gets penalised, but everyone who’s played knows it’s dirty

• Chris says:

Good point, twi. I wish more junior coaches would cut down on that stuff. I see it frequently in the OHL and it drives me nuts. Ducking a hit can be as dangerous as cross-checking a guy into the boards from behind.

The best example was Sami Salo getting submarined when Marchand ducked a perfectly legal hit attempt. Salo ended up blowing out his knee. A different angle, and he could easily have hit the boards awkwardly and broken his neck.

• Epic says:

True, except Marchand has not (nor will he likely ever) won and NHL award or shown elite talent at all.

• tophab says:

pk is best player in nhl bar none.

• mksness says:

Do we know he is bad in the room? The guy was on pace for 30 goals last year. i wouldn’t say that’s an average skill set.

It’s all about winning and i don’t see him as a bad choice for Canada’s 4th line.

I wouldn’t call out racism either. kinda unfair to everyone. Besides it’s an orientation camp, the team will completely depend on who’s hot and healthy when it comes time to submitting the roster.

• Epic says:

he has made an enemy of every NHLer except for those on Boston. His teammates will hate his guts. If I had this guy as a teammate, I’d “accidentally” shoot the puck into his head first chance I got.

• Epic says:

The defending Norris winner should be a shoe in, always, every time, no exceptions.

The fact that they even are discussing this is incredibly stupid.

• Chris says:

Steve Yzerman was routinely left off Canada Cup teams until the mid-1990′s, and he was one of the top-5 players in hockey.

Mike Babcock is an exceptional coach that will pick the players that can execute his gameplan the best. I think Subban will absolutely be there, but I’m not going to sweat it if they take Doughty-Weber-Seabrook instead. That is a pretty formidable group and all three have been there before. Doughty would have to falter mightily to not be named given his excellent playoff performances the past couple of seasons, and there is simply no way Weber is left off the team. Seabrook is vulnerable, but his partnership with Keith (who is pretty close to a lock) gives him an unfair advantage.

• Epic says:

Doughty has really lost a step IMO since his 59 point season in 2009-10. He hasn’t cracked 40 in the three seasons since. He was decent in the Kings cup run, great in the finals, but I found him invisible in this years playoffs.

Subban should be higer than Doughty on the depth chart IMO. Pair him with Weber on the powerplay can you say SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!, EVERYBOOOODDAAY!

• Chris says:

Doughty was focussing more on his defensive game the past couple of seasons, and you are right that he wasn’t as good this season as the Stanley Cup run. I also agree that he lost a step though…Doughty has actually had trouble keeping slim. When he bulks up (and it usually hasn’t been in a good way), he slows noticeably.

That being said, I expect he will be full speed next season with a shot at the Olympics on the line.

• mksness says:

Doughty also ran into a few injury problems which didn’t help.

32. Epic says:

Could someone please tell me what was posted about us on EOTP??

• Chris says:

Nothing much…Robert and Andrew felt like it is a “crap community” here and that the site has gone way downhill. Somebody (can’t remember if it was one of them) also mentioned that this site lacks the quantity and quality of their page.

I can’t get too upset about them calling this a crap community, given some of the crap that gets spewed about them here. All’s fair in that particular war.

I just thought it was a bit unfair to criticise HI/O for its quantity/quality. I’ll take Stubbs’ contributions any day over most bloggers. I know those guys have some justifiable beefs with Hickey over the Theoren Fleury mess, but Hickey also delivers beat reports. Neither guy is really a blogger, and Boone is retired.

I would say that HI/O’s content is now largely driven from its commenters. There are enough people here that have a lot of insight that it still hasn’t become boring.

I also completely disagree that the community is any different now than it used to be. That is just nostalgia speaking…the site goes through ebbs and flows, as it always has. Depending on who you ask, HI/O is over the top with trolls or over the top with people acting like family. I find those two to be somewhat contradictory, but hey…everybody’s got an opinion.

The best thing to come out of it all was that I see that crosseyed_mofo is posting over there. Always liked his sense of humour, so I’m glad to see he’s still out there somewhere. :)

• mksness says:

Both sites bring good stuff to the table. The advanced stats stuff is a cool take on hockey which they link to in many of their articles. It might not be for everyone but still a god read.

As for crap community, well all fan boards have their characters. If you really don’t like it don’t follow them on twitter or read their articles or come to HIO; best way to show your displeasure.

Anyways hockey is just around the corner:-)

• Epic says:

I find EOTP to be dry, virtually unreadable, and soulless. Their posters have no character, heart or anything really. The site is a black hole full of garbage, nothing there but dirty weirdos who spew statistical gobblygook to make themselves feel important.

I’m seriously considering busting out my SBNATION account that I use to troll StanleyCupOfChowder and wreaking havoc on EOTP.

33. Sportfan says:

If Mike Smith or Braden Holtby make it I’ll be in shock.

Also if they are concerned with PKs “dangerous” and “risk taking” qualities then they listen to the media wayyyyy to much.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

34. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

If people are going to throw out names like Kunitz and Marchand for Team Canada, how about Brendan Gallagher? He played well in the World Juniors. He also plays a style that wins tournaments like this. Why the hell not Gallagher?

• Chris says:

Kunitz is a much better hockey player than Brendan Gallagher. He’s posted 50 points or more in 5 of the last 7 seasons, only missing in 2009-10 (32 points in 50 games) and 2010-11 (48 points in 66 games). He posted 20 goals or more in 6 of the last 7 seasons. He’s a pretty consistent performer who has demonstrated that he can play well with Crosby.

More importantly, Kunitz is not a disaster defensively like Gallagher. Gallagher had to be protected mightily from playing against the other teams’ top players last season.

But the biggest difference is that people make these speculations based on the idea of promoting pairs of players who are familiar with one another, to try to mitigate the lack of familiarity that some of these guys might have.

Any bubble players get more serious consideration than they might otherwise receive simply because they can step in and perform right away: Crosby-Kunitz-Letang, Toews-Seabrook-Keith, Richards-Carter-Doughty, Pietrangelo-Bouwmeester, etc.

• twilighthours says:

I think billy boy was trying to prove a point

• Chris says:

Missed it (but we both know I do that a lot).

That being said, I think people have a tendency to underestimate how good Chris Kunitz actually is, mostly because of who he gets to play with. Kunitz is definitely not a modern Rob Brown.

• twilighthours says:

I agree. Kunitz is a tough guy who can put the puck in the net. He doesn’t get enough credit. Same with Dupuis, who definitely brings something to the table.

• Timo says:

How about DD?

35. SmartDog says:

I don’t know if I should say this… but since she’s on my page above here… Miley Cyrus is just REALLY, really un-sexy. Really. Like a horse with nice legs and a geckos tongue.

————————————-
    Can you smell what the dog is sniffin?

36. frontenac1 says:

If PK doesn’t make the Team, then “Up against the Wall”! Vive La Revolucion!

37. Phil C says:

James Duthie from TSN was interviewed on the radio in Ottawa today. He said there was a lot of disagreement on the panel about their final predictions for the Canada Olympic Team roster. But what caught my attention is that he put Subban in the same category as Letang as offensive specialists and that the team probably only has room for one of them. Dreger said the same thing in the video Ian posted below, that having both Letang and Subban is “too much defensive weakness”. I think this is an unfair label for Subban.

PK may have led the league in scoring by a defenseman last year, but that was on the strength of his PP points. He only had 12 even strength points (the same as a guy like Emelin), which put him tied for 35th in the league. He is much more defensively responsible than is being perceived.

Corsi and Fenwick are beyond my minimal statistical skills, so I decided to compare even strength goals against for the 6 defensemen that are competing for a RD slot. These are the unverified numbers I quickly crunched from NHL.com:

Player ………. ESGA ………. ES TOI ………. ES TOI/GA
    Subban …….. 25 …………. 717.50 …………. 28.70
    Seabrook ……31 …………. 824.00 …………. 26.58
    Doughty ……. 39………… 1017.00 …………. 26.08
    Weber ……… 40………….. 975.00 …………. 24.38
    Letang ………28 …………. 658.00 …………. 23.50
    Pietrangelo .. 44 …………. 904.00………….. 20.55

Of course GA are a function of team play, so I’m not saying that PK is better defensively than the others based on these stats alone, but I think it’s fair to say that his defensive skills are being under-appreciated due to the “offensive defenseman” label that comes with leading the league in scoring.

I would say he is more of a PP specialist, while being defensively sound at ES. He should be ahead of Pietrangelo on the depth chart IMO, as he brings the added dimension of bringing his big one-timer to the PP, not to mention his wheels on the big ice.

• Chris says:

The issue for Subban is who he was played against. Whenever Therrien had a match-up opportunity, he tried to get Emelin and Markov out against the other teams’ top guns, sheltering Subban a bit from the tough minutes expected of a top defender.

The problem with that analysis is that we know that Subban can play those minutes no problem, based on his performance in the 2010 playoffs and the 2010-11 season.

So like florida habs says, this one lies squarely in Therrien’s lap. He needs to play his best defender in the toughest minutes. Last season’s usage of Subban was puzzling, to be kind.

If Pietrangelo gets onto Team Canada ahead of P.K. Subban, I will be completely flabbergasted. There are guys I can see them taking ahead of Subban for a variety of reasons. Pietrangelo, who was such a disaster defensively that the Blues (a team desperate for goal scoring) went out and got Bouwmeester at the deadline last season to cover for him.

• Phil C says:

Especially in the playoffs when the season is on the line. Even Bouillon and Tinordi got more PK time than Subban.

Your matchup point is valid, although he was paired with Markov on the top pairing at the end of the season and in the playoffs. Let’s hope he has a good start to the season.

Oct. 26th 3pm. The Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation Charity Raffle at the Baton Rouge restaurant 1050 Mountain St.

I am constantly ask ” What to bring for the raffle donation”

My answer is, everyone is coming from different financial backgrounds, just do what you are comfortable with.

In past years, we have had team sweaters, hockey card collections, books, NHL hockey tickets, jackets, computer monitors, shirts and everything in between.

Remember, everyone is going home with at least one gift, as a momento of this great HIO fan weekend.

Each person is asked to bring one gift item, to donate. Dave Stubbs is bringing a classic HIO hockey sweater. Reg Houle is bringing a team autographed stick. Ian is bringing his best outfit, for the much in demand annual table dance.
    Raffle tickets, 1 ticket for $20 or 3 tickets for $40

Dave Stubbs The Summit is always a remarkable event, HIO members gathering from next door and from across the continent – and beyond.
    I’m looking forward to attending the pregame dinner and donating my one and only HIO jersey to the raffle.
    (Wonder how much I’ll have to pay to get someone to take it off my hands?)
    Whoever “wins” the jersey will have their photo taken with me and, quite likely, a column written about them on Hockey Inside/Out and/or The Gazette. Now if THAT’S not incentive to buy your raffle tickets, I don’t know what is!
    Dave Stubbs’s
    jersey is viewed on the HIO Fan site below.

Summit game tickets, News, Pictures and comments

• SmartDog says:

Hey Ian,

I’ve been thinking about this and I have an idea about putting up something that isn’t Habs-related… and probably isn’t suitable for the raffle but would be great for an auction.

I’m a consultant. What I do would be very interesting to certain people – but I don’t know who these people are. And aside from my extremely witty repartee (crickets?), no-one knows what I’m capable of.

I’d gladly put up a few hundred greenbacks worth of time and analysis that the right person in the crowd would jump at (at least for cheap they would).

And I get two things out of it: 1. the feeling of swapping some time to help a cause, and 2. through the auction people would know what I do, and who knows – business could come out of it.

So it’s a win-win. But how to do it?

Rob (the dog is out walking itself)
      ————————————-
      Can you smell what the dog is sniffin?

39. frontenac1 says:

Irish Hurling on RDS 2. These guys are a bit nuts.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

The only Irish Hurling I know involves drinking a case of Guinness…

• Sportfan says:

ANy Irish car bombs for good measure?

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Eeee-OUCH Sportfan! Only a tiny number of wackos still into the semtex. Aren’t there a few nut-cases everywhere? There is still tension in Northern Ireland, but 99% of the population now express it and work it out via means other than violence.

Meanwhile, yes. Hurling is very big here! The annual summer-long inter-county championship concludes in September with the All-Ireland Hurling Championship Finals.

That always gets a great laugh back home.

• Mattyleg says:

(an Irish car-bomb is a tastelessly-named drink in North America. Usually a shot of Jamieson dropped into a glass of beer, and you drink the whole thing. Teenage stuff.)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

40. Mavid says:

bored out of my skull..watching America’s got talent..will be on vacation in a few days..19 days seems like forever…sigh

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

41. frontenac1 says:

I had a shot of Langevulin a couple of weeks ago. Cost me 16 bucks! Closest I got to heaven in a long time amigos. Got a feeling I’m going to get busted in Scotland, but could be worth it.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Don’t forget the Laphroaigh, Front. Maybe first try to visit a house where there’s a turf fire. Drinking Laphroaigh is like drinking a turf fire.

Canadian team for Sochi!!

Goalies & Defense: http://bit.ly/19XtYMW

Forwards: http://bit.ly/18YWrgC

What do you think boys and girls!

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Chris Kunitz making the team…is this a joke? Typical media “bandwaging” BS. Kunitz did nothing against the Bruins. St. Louis should be with Crosby and Stamkos. Even…ugh…Marchand is better than Kunitz.

43. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Andrew who??? Is he supposed to be somebody important? We have better things to talk about like what was Timo doing onstage with Miley Cyrus Sunday night…

44. Lafleurguy says:

Upon video review, I got the 100th post down below at 9:03 pm. I’m expecting contact from Stu any minute now.

45. Dickie9 says:

I am really trying to put my finger on what kind of team the Habs will be this year with some of the minor tweaks…I still think we are very weak on “D” but I do think we will score goals..I guess it will be Price that will be the telling tale of the season

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Same.
      I think the changes are improvements, I think Diaz will be better, and there’s the chance that Markov’s knee will be stronger with more time elapsed since the surgery and rehab.
      But I keep trying to hold back my unrealistic sense that this is now a solid D. Maybe it will be, but probably not quite yet. I think we’re in fact waiting for the blossoming of the boys waiting in the wings.
      Cheers

46. JohninTruro says:

Mark Masters just tweeting about Babcock talking to PK for a bit after the practice and PK was saying he was letting PK know what he wanted to see over the first months of the year. How about I need you to continue to be one of the top 5 d-men in the league again next year.

47. Habfan10912 says:

You know who takes after his Mother. Good evening all and we’ll chat tomorrow. CHerrs.

48. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Subban not on the team (Canada) would be a mistake

…I do not think Subban is ‘the best’ defenseman in the NHL, though ‘someday’ (soon) I believe He will be among ‘the best’ …I base that on mainly His lack of ‘effective’ physicality in front of His net relative to His peers

…I thought, this past season, there were 2 or 3 others ahead of PK for the Norris

…that being said, the Norris has provided PK with inner-confidence His game is going in the right direction …as well, on the bigger international ice, PK’s previous Belleville and international experience (on the ‘big ice’), His exceptional skating and speed, and all-round talents would be a serious oversight to not include Him for Sochi (if international politics do not boycott Our participation)

…and, as of this moment, I feel much more confident with Corey Crawford as number one goalie …Carey, bless His soul, I do not have that confidence, yet

…Carey has much to prove before the Olympic break

49. frontenac1 says:

I heard they eat kippers or some sh#t over there. Who cares? It’s all about the Single Malts.

• ABHabsfan says:

You should visit Springbank distillery in Campelford. Only distillery in Scotland that is completely in-house production, so I’m told. They still turn the barley by hand. Springbank 18 yr is the best I’ve had and I’m told visiting their operation is a great experience

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
      Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

50. Say Ash says:

Does Galchenyuk have a legit chance at making Team USA?

• Habfan10912 says:

That would be great for us Habs fans south if your border. It also would help his development to be exposed to that type if high quality hockey. Hus game seems suited for it, huh?

• Lafleurguy says:

I’m going to guess no, because the US team will have depth. May be time for some of our encyclopedic posters to come up with a depth chart for the US Olympic Hockey team, or am I going to have to go to Andrew to get this info?

51. frontenac1 says:

@lafleurguy. I’m going to Langevulin on a whiskey trail tour. Might not survive but will try my best amigo.

• Lafleurguy says:

I’m enjoying sips of Chivas as we post, FrontOne.

• ABHabsfan says:

If you have to have blended, Chivas will do. Single Malt is proper scotch. Lagavulin is some peaty stuff, very distinctive taste. My wife thinks it smells like dirt, which is not far off really. Tastes friggin’ awesome though. I guess I like dirt

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
        Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• Lafleurguy says:

I am a softie, and love Dalwhinnie (haven’t shelled out for their 18 yr. old yet), but I also love going to the other end of the spectrum periodically, and will sip (and chew) Lagavulin.

• ABHabsfan says:

Dalwhinnie is really good scotch. Probably the best that is readily available. The 15 yr that is in most LCBOs is quite tasty

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
            Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

52. frontenac1 says:

@habfan72. I’m going to Edinburgh and Glasgow next month. Don’t worry amigo,Frontenac will set them straight.Saludos!

53. Lafleurguy says:

“Little people” count on this site. Oh there is mockery but there is also support. The format that allows the page to show only a current back-and-forth exchange, friendly or otherwise is fanfrontdoortastic. Just a subjective feeling, but the odds of other websites allowing months or years of global “internet-friendship” are long odds most probably (a probability quip). Excuse me while I go look up the word snobbery in the dictionary. Oh, and the name is “Poindexter” for anyone to pointedly point out to Berkshire next time you chat with him.

54. on2ndthought says:

Gallagher has talent, he has drive and boy oh boy he has FUN!

“a cannonading drive”

55. HabFanSince72 says:

On the topic of ethnic strife …

Apparently Glasgow and Edinburgh put different condiments on their french fries. This Glaswegian man is really angry that they charged him for ketchup in Edinburgh:

“It reeks of racism. Just because we come from the west and tend to like ketchup instead of brown sauce. It’s clear they’re discriminating and I don’t think it’s right.”

56. Sportfan says:

Luongo, Price and Crawford will most likely be the goalies, you can pick the order, but this is who I think we’ll see!

I do have to add if PK or Price don’t make it, sure I’ll be annoyed, but at the same time that means they get to rest and that’s not so bad.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

57. Sportfan says:

HIO is a great site I have no idea what happened, but who ever decided to attack this site has lost his mind.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

58. on2ndthought says:

OK, deep breath and repeat after me: PK is in, no worries. Canada has lots of really good D, but only one real game changer, they will pick him (I’m saying this as much for my own benefit as anyone else’s).

“a cannonading drive”

• Captain aHab says:

Quite frankly if he got dissed, he’d likely play with a chip on his shoulders and he may be even better.

—————-
      Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• CharlieHodgeFan says:

This is a good thing. I want PK to play like a guy on the cusp. This could save him from any sort of post-Norris indiscipline, as he’s still a young player.
      We should all be hoping he’s a late addition – because PK as he is now trying to make a team is a force to be imagined.

• HabFanSince72 says:

I’ll cheer for another team if they leave out PK. Czechs (Plek) or Finns (Saku) I guess.

59. Cal says:

HIO. The one that matters.
    The Habs. The team that matters.
    Fanatic Love at one site.
    Boone. Stubbs. Hickey. Branwell. Cowan.
    When it’s the real thing, the others can’t compare.
    They crane their necks, looking up at HIO.

It’s the place Ian Cobb and Shollie call home. That’s good enough for me.

60. Sportfan says:

Sigh Blue Jays GM makes a bad decision here’s my rant on the bad move the Jays just made.

• CharlieHodgeFan says:

I’m not a great Jays supporter (my fandom followed Pedro Martinez and Orlando Cabrera to the Red Sox) but I don’t mind the team. Usually. But the Jays are so slack and listless as a team – I went to some Spring training games and the team looked like it needed to be dewormed. I don’t think that manager of theirs has a future as a motivational speaker, a strategist or someone who generally stays awake. Other than that, they’re fine.

• Sportfan says:

I just feel that they are making the exact mistakes from the past. When AA came in they praised him cause he refilled the farm system. Now just like the last guy he got rid of them for “stars” brought in Gibbons and nothing is working. Its really annoying lol.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• on2ndthought says:

Brilliant personnel decisions until he hires the manager, now he’s giving him a vote of confidence?

“a cannonading drive”

61. Sportfan says:

Gally is a great player who will get better. I hate to say it but he has great character, but also has skill and even though he’s not the tallest player, he plays like he’s Charas size!

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

62. twilighthours says:

This is in no way slagging eotp, which does its own thing, but

Man there is a mixed bag of characters on this site, and that’s what makes it great

63. CharlieHodgeFan says:

How about that Eklund, eh?

Holy freakolie, I’m trollin’ like a 16 year old!

64. Dunboyne Mike says:

Timo!
    My piece of cake arrived! You really went out on a limb for me, bud — the slice with the little plastic bride and Coleco tabletop hockey goalie!
    You’re the best. Yippee ky-ay!

65. HabFanSince72 says:

As the house agnostic it falls on me to weigh in on the schism in the Church of the Hab.

H I/O is the catholic branch – more established and ancient, more driven (as Surrey points out) by emotion and pagentry, and not a little suspicious of the austere logic of the schismatics.

Andrew Berkshire is the ascetic priest of EOTP, its Martin Luther, who nailed his statistical theses to or church door and left just one step ahead of the Inquisitors (timelines are a bit off but bear with me).

And if Robert Rice has had harsh words for us, his is only the zeal of the recent convert.

JD_ would be the clownish Henry VIII – who left more for his own amusement then for a strong belief in the other side’s doctrines.

And then there are the ecumenicals, punkster and 24Cups, who still believe in the One True Church of the Hab.

And finally there is Giordano Bruno, excommunicated by both sides and finally burned at the stake in Rome. I just hope I don’t end up like him.

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…well, just arrived home last night from the deep, deep woods of British Columbia …white-water rafting, horse back riding, trout and salmon fishing, and exposing My Kids to the beauty (and mosquitos) of God’s Country

…actually, twern’t that many mosquitos, thankfully :)

…and, WHAT ??? do I return to ? …a downer discussion on the most obnoxious former member (mosquito) of Our exalted Commentariat that I can remember, in the poison (err, the person) of Mssr. Cheshire Cat (Berkshire)

…to put Cheshire at the top of the HIO Obnoxious List is saying a lot …because there have been some serious contenders for his crown

…it was not the opinions he had, because his opinions on hockey or the Montreal Canadiens held no more or less weight than any other of Our members’ opinions

…he was an overweight kid with an attitude that belatedly joined HIO a couple years ago and provided fair comment often based on his nerdishness for statistics and numbers

…his comments came from evidential logic and theory rather than ‘the gut’ and passion of the game, which was understandable as he never played the game of hockey, nor likely skated in more than a family night at his local recreation centre

…it was not the subject of his treatises …it was his personal obnoxiousness and condescension towards other commentators in HIO that was ‘the poison’ in the community …and like someOne mentioned below, it was a huge relief when he no longer ‘pleasured’ Us with His presense in HIO

…HIO became an extremely better and respectful fraternity of fellow Montreal Canadiens’ Fans following his slithering away following some memorable conflagrations

…it was I that convinced Mike Boone to provide Robert Rice space in HIO to write a specific page, based on My personal opinion that HIO needed more content on all Our prospects and the Hamilton Bulldogs

…I felt Robert, in fact, deserved a daily separate page within HIO specific for the subject of Our Future

…well, Mike didn’t give Me everything I wished for, but He did give Robert his break as far as a platform to be recognized …it gave Me too what I wanted, which thankfully Ben (Commandant) partially has replaced with His interesting contribution

…Eyes On The Prize, was previously a shrine to the Montreal Canadiens’ history created lovingly by Robert Lefevre …it was,for Me, sad to see EOTP becoming a platform commandeered by the same Cheshire Cat of HIO

…I don’t know the story how Robert handed EOTP over to the group presently in-controll …it’s none of My business …but, it was a sad moment for Me

…as far as Hockey Inside Out is concerned, I’m not the oldest member, but I was here far longer than Cheshire or Rice, and even Our beloved Ian …I can categorically say HIO has never been a more wonderful place for a Montreal Canadiens’ Fan to visit and stay current with Habs’ Fans around this cotton-pickin’ diverse World in which We all live

…We have writers here I can read all day like Chris, Normand and others …and just an all-round wonderful assortment of individual personalities and characters that make visiting HIO a must for Myself

…excepting only when I’m ‘in the deep, deep woods’ :)

…Long live HIO

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Ha ha 72!
      Read it both times — nice one.

66. Chrisadiens says:

Repost from the last thread because I’m still pissed off.

I’ve been on EOTP maybe 3 times. Seemed too new school for me though. I always thought they did a great job. But attacking a fan base of another Habs blog? Really? From Andrew I kind of expect it but from Robert? Who I’ve defended here on some occasions? Ouch.

I’ve met some amazing people here. People I email everyday. People who I’ve invited to my wedding. People I meet for meals as they pass through my town. We are NOT a “crap community” We are NOT a “garbage heap”.

We have some bad eggs, sure, but the majority of us are great people with varying degrees of hockey knowledge that share our views and opinions without fear of ridicule.

Stay classy EOTP. You have just likened yourselves to Bruins fans.

PS I’m just curious. When is the EOTP summit? When is the fundraiser for the Children’s hospital sponsored by EOTP?

Crap community? Give your head a shake.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• EOTP helped raise over $6100 for the Leukemia and Lymphona society of Canada this year, and is an official partner of Five Hole for Food. Perhaps you should read more than 3 things on a site before making such grandiose statements.

______________________________

• Chrisadiens says:

Not a contest to see who raises the most. Just defending our “crap community” as you put it. You should be ashamed of your comments.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• Chrisadiens says:

You are one slimy individual and I would love to know what made you such a detestable human being. Insult my friends and think you can just get away with it without comment? Nope. You may love your internet bully persona, but I will have none of it.

Get off OUR site.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• Ron says:

Count to 10 Chris..

• Chrisadiens says:

Sorry Ron. I just don’t see why someone would say those things. Let him walk into Hurleys and call us all garbage to our faces.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• Ron says:

IMO you’ll never see him attend a function of HIO at a Summit or any other. He’ll slip in here like he did today. Says his piece and depart from time to time. Now he’ll go back on his rag and tell his followers how EOTP was slagged here for not having fund raisers. He’ll stand on his pedestal and declare he set the record straight. Best to leave it lie.

• Ron, I’ve been to every HIO summit since 2009. You people like assuming a lot of things.

______________________________

• Chrisadiens says:

So we can assume you will be there in October? I’ll wear a garbage bag so you can easily insult me.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• Ron says:

@Andrew, I know you have been to all the Summits since coming onto the site. I think I am more than assuming you will never set foot at another one. To be honest I don’t think you have the intestinal fortitude to do so. One can only degrade people to a level that they won’t stand for it any longer. IMO you crossed that line with your slagging of the site and its people. Roll away Andrew roll away.

• Ron, I’ll see you there this year. What exactly do you think I’m afraid of? The veiled threats in this thread sure back up exactly what I said in the first place, even if I was a bit harsh.

______________________________

• Chrisadiens says:

Ron and I are not threatening you. I would just like you to tell me to my face, that I’m garbage. That my father is garbage. That all the good people here are garbage. I need to see how cold-hearted you really are.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• Ron says:

Andrew there not veiled threats of any sort. That’s your mind confusing the issue at hand. It is just a straight forward statement that I do not think you have what it takes to face all the people you slag. Where you get veiled threats from that is confusing.

• Ron says:

Andrew, your admission of being harsh in your blog should be enough to show you that maybe you were way over line. If you actually feel that way then apologise here tonight to the HIO family. Don’t act like nothing happened. Your description of a little harsh is comical.

• Ron,

Wow. Asking for an apology? With the way people have reacted on this thread I hardly think an apology is deserved.

“Let him walk into Hurleys and call us all garbage to our faces.”

That is a veiled threat.

“I think I am more than assuming you will never set foot at another one. To be honest I don’t think you have the intestinal fortitude to do so. One can only degrade people to a level that they won’t stand for it any longer.”

That is a threat that’s less veiled. And I’m the one who should apologize for saying the community here has gone downhill? It quite obviously has.

It’s funny to see the reaction here to one comment slagging the comments section at HIO considering there are comments at least once a week on HIO slagging EOTP and what happens? Nothing. No one cares. It’s called being mature.

Anyhow, I’m out. I’ve had enough of this site for another year at least.

______________________________

• Ron says:

@Andrew. My comment in regard to you not having what it takes to appear at this years Summit is far from a veiled or out in the open threat as you have endeavoured to make it appear. All are welcome to attend all functions of the Summit, whether it be the game or some of the side attractions as the organizers have eluded to in many posts here. I personally will not be making the trip so how would that be a threat to you. Hard to confront from 930 km away and I am not that type of person anyway. Your little charade to mask your mild contempt for some people on here has never gone unnoticed.
            No Andrew I don’t think you have the parts it takes to look eye to eye with the many good people on this site that attend the Summit or for that matter the representatives of the Gazette who frequent the different side functions each year. As far as the mature aspect of your last comment maybe you should revisit that thought.

67. jo_maka says:

PK has to be there. He had his home games on international sized ice in junior. He’s the best skater on D and even better than some of the forwards. If they give him less minutes he’ll be even more effective…….

But we all know Hockey Canada has this weird sense of respect and hierarchy when chosing their boys. Subban was there twice in WJC and just earned a Norris, but still don’t matter for them. A trophy that Keith an Green won but eluded Doughty, Staal and the oh so wonderful Weber.

68. AliHaba says:

Getting very excited about the upcoming season. Just for shits and giggles I checked out George Parros’ fights against the two Leaf tough guys. I was surprised to find that he had fought Frazer McLaren 5 times and in my unbiased opinion George had 4 wins and a draw. And he beat Colton Orr the only time they fought.

69. Habfan10912 says:

Post of the day comes from Front. Unfortunately I don’t think the nods will allow me to repeat it. A classic.

70. habsfan0 says:

Hopefully the sophomore jinx is a malady that Gallagher will avoid.

I believe the proper way to say it is “I ain’t no takin’ nothin’ for granted”

72. TSN says no PK. Unreal.

Kunitz? Give me a break!

A bunch of us here may as well go on Public TV and start our own show at least it would be interesting and laugh out loud funny.

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Summit Member 00029.31

• Habfan10912 says:

For the love of God you were first man! Cheers bud.

• Timo says:

Hockey Canada and hockey in general is all about who you know, who’s your buddy, who scratched your back and whose back you have to scratch.

They are all a bunch of homers who will look after their buddies first.

• JUST ME says:

Look closely at the list and P.K is there in the roster picks from TSN. So is Carey.

P.k. is a must for Canada`s team if they do not want to get burned on an olympic size rink. P.K. will thrive if you give him ice !

• They have him in the nosebleeds, the guy (PK) is the complete package. He hits, he scores, and he can play defensive.

I did a little opinion poll around Brandon arenas last winter. Everyone hates PK because they say he hits dirty, he sucker punches and turtles.

I feel bad for PK, because he wears the jersey he will never be appreciated outside of Montreal and their fan base.

Shane Oliver
        Twitter @Sholi2000
        Custom Sports Figures
        Summit Member 00029.31

73. Habitant in Surrey says:

…the ‘nasty’ WILL return in October Rick …count on it

74. JohninTruro says:

I disagree they in any way shape or form did this for “marketing” reasons. In fact in my opinion it is very anti-business like. Simple things you don’t do in business which is slagging your “competition” and expect to be successful or gain considerable benefits from this. As has been said already, they have done that type of thing because of who they are, and they can’t take any form of disagreement against their perceived facts, they don’t let others have an opinion. This type of thing does not build a solid fan base, or at least a committed long lasting one.

75. JohninTruro says:

You’re right, two completely established businesses which have saturated the market, are very similar to EOTP versus it’s competitors and trying to grow its business.
    I would agree with you that no doubt it did pique some interest, but this is not what I am saying. I am saying there is no way they did this on purpose for marketing reasons, this is who they are, and you know what to each your own, but that attitude will not grow their business for the long term.

76. Habfan10912 says:

I need two hands for my belly. CHeers Florida.

77. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Whatever this silly tempest is, it is probably generating hits back and forth as HIOers check Berkshire’s site, and Berkshire checks this one. I always found the fellow lacked argumentative skills, as listening and adapting are also part of discussion. But I didn’t mind his posts and wouldn’t mind seeing him back. Ditto for the others.
    I’m unimpressed with the simple statistical approach, as it seems better for video game design than hockey discussion. But it remains interesting and I’d rather read it than the ham-fisted trolling of mid-season. Jeez, they’re both hockey discussion sites. It means nothing and is really not worth fighting about. It’s just really informative and entertaining.
    You can write like the NHL is life and death, and really matters and think that you hold the key, but we’re all just watching TV. When we post during games, we’re watching TV together, and now, we are awaiting the next season of our favourite program.
    Will they marry? Will they even kiss? Statistically, odds are better than 50/50.

78. Chrisadiens says:

Yea, you may be right. He got me.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

79. Lafleurguy says:

Pardon me boys, is that the cat who chewed my new shoes?
    Apropros of nothing, but it was one of Red Buttons’ funniest lines.

80. JohninTruro says:

Yes, I think that is, or will be a big part of it, unfortunately a lot of that “edge” PK has it what gives him the edge as well. I don’t remember what his PIMs were last year, and of his PIMs how many were of the “roll your eyes” PK what were you thinking kind, but he seems to reel this stuff in more and more. Need to find that edge, go to it, but try not to go over it, at least too often.

81. Lafleurguy says:

So you’re saying they have an odds way of looking at hockey?

82. Mavid says:

yea i saw it..I follow Andrew on Twitter..silly..

Weed Wacker Gramda Smurf

83. Phil C says:

The lack of PK time was perplexing. It’s not like the Habs had a bunch of big shutdown defensemen he was playing behind, with guys like Diaz and Markov getting used first. Markov in particular could have used the rest more than Subban.

84. SmartDog says:

Yes, a nice twist on the Therrien quote.

Bravo Timo.

————————————-
    Can you smell what the dog is sniffin?