‘I’m a pretty simple player,’ newest Hab Murray says

The newest member of the Canadiens describes himself as “a pretty simple player.”

“What you see is what you get,” defenceman Douglas Murray told Canadiens.com on Friday, a day after being signed to a one-year, $1.5-million free-agent contract. “In order for me to be successful, I need to defend really well, number one, and (I need to) be a big, physical presence out there.

“I definitely have a (will) to win and I bring a lot of competitiveness,” added the 6-foot-3, 245-pound Swede. “It’s nothing flashy; I don’t think anyone has ever used that word to describe me as a player. I’m a steady player and the excitement probably comes from the physicality department.

“I have a lot of experience with (penalty killing) and I’ve played a lot of different systems. Obviously, you need great penalty killers and people who are willing to block shots, which I definitely am. It’s important to have a lot of pride in killing penalties. I love shutting the opposition down – maybe it’s because I’ve never scored many goals, but I think I almost enjoy that more.”

Josh Gorges, who played with Murray earlier in his career with the San Jose Sharks, was thrilled to become his teammate again.

“Welcome to former and new teammate Douglas Murray!!!” Gorges tweeted. “You guys are gonna love this beast in #Mtl #BigRig”

Gorges, who got married earlier this summer to Maggie Morrison in Hawaii, will be in Washington state on Saturday for the wedding of goalie Carey Price and his fiancée, Angela Webber. Price won’t have time for a honeymoon, since he will report the next day to Team Canada’s Olympic orientation camp in Calgary, along with P.K. Subban, who will also be at the goaltender’s wedding.

(Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)

Big, bad Habs, Canadiens.com

Newest Hab Murray: Swedish, smart, but not Cranky, by Pat Hickey

Ten players who could surprise by making Team Canada, montrealgazette.com

Former Hab Grabovski signs with Capitals, montrealgazette.com

Luongo considered voiding his Canucks contract, NHL.com

1. dsangdhw says:

Hello, everybody, the good shoping place, the new season approaching, click in.
    ( w/w/w.sheptrade.c/o/m )
    (Discount Air jordan shoes) $36,
    (Air Max shoes) $35,
    (Nike shox shoes) $36,
    (Handbags) $39,
    (Sunglasses) $16,
    (wallet) $18,
    (Belt) $17,
    (T-shirts) $20,
    (Jeans) $37,
    (NFL/MLB/NBA)Jerseys $25,
    ( w/w/w.sheptrade.c/o/m )

2. Storm Man says:

So I see some on here go by a players stats if he is any good. I’m glad MB is this teams GM as he looks at a player more than what he does in a stats book. Stats work good for sports agents.

3. Storm Man says:

Hey Timo did Price have no bio steel on hand to help with your hangover?

4. frontenac1 says:

Pig Roasts out on the back 40 are great. Pig,Beer, Whiskey and Herb. Good Indian Summer fun amigos.

• SmartDog says:

Front, saw your post about Diaz below.
      I think he’s got the goods, and we’ll see that even more this year. He just needs the right dance partner. Could be Murray – someone to stay at home while he works the O.

Hmmm… first post in an hour. I guess it’s time to hit the hay.
      ————————————-
      Can you smell what the dog is sniffin?

• The Jackal says:

Front, you’re a hero man, you’re a damned hero.

______________________
      Hockey sine stercore tauri.

Man… Carey’s wedding gave me such a hungover. Holy moly!

@Mike – shipped your slice of Carey’s wedding cake to Ireland by Purolator. They said not to worry… everything will be fine.