Hurry up & wait: Inching toward Habs-Bruins schedule

xbourque1938

Habs goaler Claude Bourque resists a Bruins attack during this 1930s game. None of these guys will be in their teams’ lineup for the Eastern Conference semifinal.

As of 10 am ET on Tuesday, the NHL still hadn’t released a schedule for the Canadiens-Boston Bruins Eastern Conference semifinal.

But multiple sources were reporting this morning that the series will begin Friday night at TD Garden, with Game 2 set for Sunday afternoon, presumably to accommodate NBC television’s desire to have a matinée.

TD Garden is booked Friday morning for the convocation ceremonies of a local university, but it’s not uncommon for the multi-purpose building to turn around quickly from afternoon NBA action to an evening NHL game.

We’ll have more details here today as they’re available. And once the NHL’s carrier pigeon finds its compass.

1. keithmacv says:

Steven, follow closely… 9+4=13

You’re welcome.

2. B says:

12:30 PM is a bad time for an NHL game.

If they have serious OT, will NBC stick with the game and not switch to the Kentucky Derby?

–Go Habs Go!–

SHOOT OUT TO DAVE STUBBS!
    Just like bow tie, the carrier pigeon has gone extinct, many years ago. But I still have my racing Homing Pigeons, that I race!

I love your Bow Ties Dave!

4. habsfan0 says:

Tuukka Rask’s career mark against the Habs is 3-9-3.
    I like it.
    I like it a lot.

3-13-3 will sound even better.

5. Cal says:

Right. My Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon are booked.
    Two more sleeps.

6. Danno says:

Why can’t hockey bump basketball for a change?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

We can and will sign Vanic!
    Minnesota’s Owner, Leipold has not been around the game long enough to realize that teams win cups, not dollars. He will go broke like others before him trying to buy a cup.!!

8. naweed235 says:

First game Thursday at 7 pm and second game on saturday at 12:30

9. habsfan0 says:

I hope the Habs aren’t looking past the Bruins to the Conference Final.
    Overconfidence can be deadly.

• JUST ME says:

I haven`t heard anything from the team that leads us to long term view since day one of the playoffs. As for certain posters here, it`s a different story.

10. BriPro says:

According to RDS, the first game will be Thursday, the second Saturday at noon.

11. Steven says:

Official Habs website comparison between Montreal and Boston.

For those of you who like to make fun of the Bostonian accent, they took a jab at it here.

12. ClutchNGrab says:

I don’t like the Bruins, but nothing will top the disgust that I felt when I saw Chara hoisting the cup in 2011. After all that took place that season. I should have close the tv after the second period.

13. boing007 says:

Down with NBC and their matinee hockey games!

Richard R

14. CH Marshall says:

New thread?

15. HABZ24 says:

Hope habs have enough common sense to put murray in for bullion,big bad bruins will smash the lil smurfs to a pulp.we need size and grit vs boston,who is going to hit lucic on his azz,frankie b ? Uhhh dont think so.moen should go on the shutdown line vs boston topline. Habs in 7

GO HABS GO

16. AH says:

Tick, tick, tick…so here we wait for the start of another Habs Bruin Scum war.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I don’t know if I’ll survve this one.

I so despise the Bruins!! From the start of every game against them to the finish, my blood just boils.

I also sit on the edge of my seat waiting to see which one of our guys is going to get maimed by one of those dirty pieces of crap!

So in the best interest of my health/blood pressure, I’m going to reverse jinx myself, here goes….

Me to self: “The Bruins are going to destroy the Habs, who have no chance!”

There, I feel better already.

17. D Mex says:

@ 24 Cups
    Curious about your signature – 24.4 Cups.
    With 4 wins in pocket and 12 more required to change your name, we are 1/4 of the way toward #25. Wouldn’t it be 24.25 Cups (?) – had to ask …

ALWAYS Habs -