Huet joins Markov on top of All-Star voting

Cristobal Huet has joined Andrei Markov as the top vote-getter in their respective positions in the Eastern Conference during fan voting for the 2008 NHL All-Star Game.

Huet received 64,351 votes, more than 6,500 votes ahead of Henrik Lundqvist (57,715) of the New York Rangers. New Jersey’s Martin Brodeur is third with 57,415 votes.

Markov is dominating the voting for blue-liners for the second straight week. He has 115,007 votes, more than 30,000 ahead of Boston’s Zdeno Chara. Tomas Kaberle, Brian Campbell and Kimmo Timonen round out the top five.

Sidney Crosby is the leading forward with 177,873 votes. Canadiens captain Saku Koivu ranks eighth with 46, 554 votes. Alex Kovalev is 15th with 23,992 ballots.

1. lcpservices says:

I was happy to see Markov and Huet as top candidates for the all-Star, even though I found it strange that Huet was #1 in goaltending voting.

A few more years and we will voting in Carey Price.

—————————————-
    Books, Softwares, Downloads, Information

2. B says:

It was not unlike Vanek’s hit on Chipchura Saturday night except Chipchura got up so Vanek only gets 2 for boarding.

3. Rugger says:

What’s great is Kovelev as a write-in is almost tied with Sundin!

4. Cable Guy says:

I’ve also been voting for Bryan McCabe for comic relief purposes.

5. Kevin says:

On a side note, anyone notice that Hartnell only got a 2 game suspension for the hit on Alberts??? I find it very upsetting. I’d like to see some team deliver a REAL message to the Flyers before the Habs have to face the Broad Street Cheapshots again.

6. Velavok says:

Can you vote online anywhere? i was searching the NHL page and found nothing. Seems odd or are there just ballots at the arenas.

7. Habs_008 says:

countNY vid from utube is awesome, its amazing how easy he makes it seem. Personaly i dont care much for the all-star game, I would rather have the players rest and get ready for important games. That said I think Kovi deservse to be there, he has so much skill. I hope he pounds the leafs tonight.

8. P St. Pierre says:

As long as Mats Sundin isn’t in the All Star starting lineup, I’ll be happy. The Leafs are a horrible team, but oddly enough, the Habs have a hard time beating them. I hope it’s a rather convincing victory tonight, although I have my doubts.

9. teamplayer says:

ah i see we are doing a great job voting our guys in, dont like how chara is 2nd still. looks like kovalev jumped up quite a bit too, what did he have the first week in between 5-7000? now hes just under 24000, what a great improvement, lets make him the highest write-in
    and when i think about voting, the nhl doesnt say vote for whose most deserving, they tell you to vote for your favourite players!!!

10. ChrisKent says:

I guess the book really IS out on Huet. Good for him, in all seriousness. It’s amazing how quickly people turned on him in this town.

11. mar-lin says:

hey the more habs in the lineup the better…we’ve suffered long enough. I don’t think it’s really about who deserves it. personally, I want to be be entertained period. So what’s better than watching 3 habs…watching 4!If i could vote an entire habs starting lineup i would and no laffs would be the icing on the cake lol.

cheers

go habs go

12. Nuelectric says:

I just want to see Kovalev there. To see things he can’t pull off in a game.

13. earl says:

Simply doesn’t deserve to be there.

Markov is a great pick, Huet is supportable and reasonable, but Koivu and Kovalev aren’t there in terms of performance.

14. saskhab says:

Why is there a campaign this year? The game is in town next year, not this year. That’s when you stuff the ballot.

Speaking of ballot-stuffing, anyone still voting for Rory?

Also, how come Kovalchuk isn’t in the starting lineup yet?

15. PattyBoy31 says:

I joined the facebook group to vote mike komisarek in, theres about 880 members and growing.

Every ballot I go

Koivu, Lecavalier, someone else

Markov, Komisarek

Huet

and usually Sakic, and others for the west

16. krob1000 says:

Your group should unite and get Kovy in because he has a realistic shot and deserves to be there. Any vot you give to Koisarek is justa wasted vote as he will not get in. Kovalev has a shot.

17. teamplayer says:

hey pattyboy, there is also a site on facebook for kovalev with about the same amount of people in it.

p.s. good to see a fellow kingstonian on this site

18. RetroMikey says:

Good to see both of them leading where they are respected by NHL fans worldwide and I gotta love Cable Guy for all the effort he has put to place them as the leaders in their positions. Respect Cable Guy!

“We will win the Cup only with Carey Price in the nets”

19. lcpservices says:

Hey Mikey,

I agree with your statement:

‘We will win the Cup only with Carey Price in the nets’

I can see Price, with a little more nhl experience standing on his head making stop after stop in nets.

The kid is alright.
    —————————————-
    Books, Softwares, Downloads, Information

20. PattyBoy31 says:

You know what I completely agree, although Komi is one of my favourites i don’t think he’s an allstar yet, and Kovalev might be a bit more realistic this year.

21. PattyBoy31 says:

Yeah, kingstons quite a place to be a habs fan eh, Toronto and Ottawa all day at my high school i wear the habs with pride anyways though :)

22. Thumper says:

Go on ,, love em both, great Habs ambassaders

23. coutNY says:

Looks like the grass-root efforts paid off…

24. Cable Guy says:

Well Markov and Huet should have alot of vots, I’ve spent hours voting for them. Lets all keep it up so they get alot more votes.