Huet joins Markov on top of All-Star voting

Cristobal Huet has joined Andrei Markov as the top vote-getter in their respective positions in the Eastern Conference during fan voting for the 2008 NHL All-Star Game.

Huet received 64,351 votes, more than 6,500 votes ahead of Henrik Lundqvist (57,715) of the New York Rangers. New Jersey’s Martin Brodeur is third with 57,415 votes.

Markov is dominating the voting for blue-liners for the second straight week. He has 115,007 votes, more than 30,000 ahead of Boston’s Zdeno Chara. Tomas Kaberle, Brian Campbell and Kimmo Timonen round out the top five.

Sidney Crosby is the leading forward with 177,873 votes. Canadiens captain Saku Koivu ranks eighth with 46, 554 votes. Alex Kovalev is 15th with 23,992 ballots.

1. Velavok says:

Can you vote online anywhere? i was searching the NHL page and found nothing. Seems odd or are there just ballots at the arenas.

2. lcpservices says:

I was happy to see Markov and Huet as top candidates for the all-Star, even though I found it strange that Huet was #1 in goaltending voting.

A few more years and we will voting in Carey Price.

Books, Softwares, Downloads, Information

3. B says:

It was not unlike Vanek’s hit on Chipchura Saturday night except Chipchura got up so Vanek only gets 2 for boarding.

4. Rugger says:

What’s great is Kovelev as a write-in is almost tied with Sundin!

5. Cable Guy says:

I’ve also been voting for Bryan McCabe for comic relief purposes.

6. Kevin says:

On a side note, anyone notice that Hartnell only got a 2 game suspension for the hit on Alberts??? I find it very upsetting. I’d like to see some team deliver a REAL message to the Flyers before the Habs have to face the Broad Street Cheapshots again.

7. Habs_008 says:

countNY vid from utube is awesome, its amazing how easy he makes it seem. Personaly i dont care much for the all-star game, I would rather have the players rest and get ready for important games. That said I think Kovi deservse to be there, he has so much skill. I hope he pounds the leafs tonight.

8. P St. Pierre says:

As long as Mats Sundin isn’t in the All Star starting lineup, I’ll be happy. The Leafs are a horrible team, but oddly enough, the Habs have a hard time beating them. I hope it’s a rather convincing victory tonight, although I have my doubts.

9. teamplayer says:

ah i see we are doing a great job voting our guys in, dont like how chara is 2nd still. looks like kovalev jumped up quite a bit too, what did he have the first week in between 5-7000? now hes just under 24000, what a great improvement, lets make him the highest write-in
    and when i think about voting, the nhl doesnt say vote for whose most deserving, they tell you to vote for your favourite players!!!

10. ChrisKent says:

I guess the book really IS out on Huet. Good for him, in all seriousness. It’s amazing how quickly people turned on him in this town.

11. mar-lin says:

hey the more habs in the lineup the better…we’ve suffered long enough. I don’t think it’s really about who deserves it. personally, I want to be be entertained period. So what’s better than watching 3 habs…watching 4!If i could vote an entire habs starting lineup i would and no laffs would be the icing on the cake lol.

go habs go