How many sleeps till training camp?

• He’s big, he’s bald, he’s Alex Auld

• François Gagnon suggests Thrashers, Panthers are most likely candidates for a move to Quebec City

Mario Tremblay’s new radio show begins today at noon on CKAC

Retroactive Rocket Richard trophies

And while you count the days until the puck drops, a fan video on the 2010-’11 season:

1. JD_ says:

…Jack Layton.

2. punkster says:

I was kinda, ya know, “meh” about this whole subject. However…your comments have awakened my interest. I look forward to our multiple levels of government do-gooders stumbling over themselves to grab headlines, and votes, in what is destined to be a race to the pinnacle political idiocy.

In light of this I challenge the good members of HI/O to complete this sentence:

This could turn out to be the greatest display of Canadian political buffoonery since ______________. (fill in the blank)

3. fbkj says:

wont argue that that theres so many crappy paid for apps, with no way to get a refund… thats a problem…

but to jailbreak your phone and steal good apps that are priced so reasonably if just evil…

4. fbkj says:

the size on the iphone isnt really a problem, getting coin is because they dont have the zen garden

being said many complain that it didnt include survival mode but… could you imagine this on your mobile???

5. showey47 says:

Sorry man,i’m retired.

6. andrewberkshire says:

Definitely agreed there.

7. Muckbringer says:

sweet game! cant wait for dead rising 2!!!!

8. JD_ says:

Man, politics are fun.

Between Quebec Premier Jean Charest’s ever-growin’ image problems, and obvious concern Her Nibs Pauline Marois would pull the trigger if in power, as well as PM Harper’s thirst for a House of Commons majority, which will only occur if he can take his seat count up in Quebec, that is one heck of a machiavellian, igloo-chested juggernaut comin’ round the mountain, my friends.

Give me back my rival.

The Loafs just aren’t cuttin’ it.

I mean, c’mon. Here’s a headline culled from the annals of the very desperate, “Maple Leafs finally show some potential”. Potential? Don’t all clubs inherently have potential the moment they put bodies on the ice? Is this the level the Loafs have risen to, to finally having potential? Jesus.

Enough, already. If I’m goin’ to get a hate on for some team, they should, at the very least, have some semblance of competitiveness. There are so many woulda-coulda-shoulda-if-when-maybe-might stories about this year’s edition of the Loafs comin’ out of T.O, from Loaf-lovin’ sportswriters, you can rest assured the team’s likely to challenge for 31st in the league.

(The good folks at MIT have told me this is a plausible outcome from a quantum perspective. Something to do with the Loafs innate suckage and black holes. Time-space stuff ‘n’ all.)

At least the dudes in Quebec did a decent job the last time around. Who knows, given the chance, they’d probaly Russ Farwell Brian Burke, at some point along the way, and build a contender. No reason to think they can’t git ‘er done.

It shoud be 100% private money. It is virtually impossible to argue against that notion. I suspect, however, that is not the realpolitik at work here. Seems to me it is inevitable the taxpayers of this province and country are goin’ to be cuttin’ a cheque for a portion of this and I can’t pretend otherwise.

So, shut down those hospitals and schools. Whatever. Well, ok, that might be a bit much. At least start by shuttin’ this baby down. It’s smack dab in the middle of just about the toniest area of London, near Downing St. and Prince Charles’ official residence, if I’m not mistaken. I’ve walked by it and am almost certain I saw someone flushin’ bags of cash down the toilet. Whoever’s runnin’ the show at the Assemblee Nationale can have their little pretend embassy in London. No problem. Just put it somewhere cheap, wouldya?

And that goes for the other 27 similar boondoggles we’re fundin’ internationally.

Oh, and the huge blue letters over the door? They don’t stand out and are completely and totally tasteful. I wasn’t the least bit embarrassed in front of my colleague…*cough*.

Puh-leeze. Put. The. Diques. Back. In. Quebec.

Seems the votin’ public does that every 4-5 years, Charest. Now it’s yer turn to do yer part.

Harper & Co. are already well down that slippery slide.

9. Say Ash says:

I’d love to see that list. I really doubt teams are ok with their players getting on horses. Or any animal for that matter.

10. mike g says:

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

11. mike g says:

Yea they do have lists….

Not sure either what they include/exclude, but I’m almost positive all extreme sports are excluded. Motocross and ATV racing are surely banned, but the recreational use of them is probably allowed..

Now I guess it’s up to him to prove that he wasn’t racing.

Who knows, all I know is that it’s a bunch of trouble for nothing. Bad luck for the guy.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

12. Mattyleg says:

Yeah, people would’ve gone nuts over that here.

But then again, all he’s saying is that money doesn’t make you happy. He’s probably not having the career he wanted, and his millions are not really making up for it. Plus having his salary reduced to keep teams like Phoenix above water.

I can understand that.

But he’s stupid to try to explain these concepts in a Twitter-length post. Complete with ‘u’s. Ech.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

13. SLONCOLD says:

i’m sure both teams and players have insurances against these types of things. Don’t teams have a list of activities that are permitted durign the off season? be neat to see what that list contains

14. mike g says:

Apparently there was Nattinen could’ve done about it….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

15. Say Ash says:

Exactly, our guys leave the tweeting to their agents.

16. Bill H says:

Great stuff.  Thanks for the laugh Jan.  Ellis would be cruxified here in Montreal for stuff like that.

17. adam76 says:

It was a joke, I have an A Apple IIIgs

18. Mark C says:

Apparently Joonas Nattinen injured one of his Achilles, which will require surgery, and will be out an estimated 2 months.

19. Psycho29 says:

Kind of like Malakhov’s skiing accident…

And also Eric Johnson…wasn’t he the guy who wrecked his knee getting out of a golf cart???

Yes if that happened to Carey Price, HI/O would have imploded, Team-990 and CKAC’s ratings would have shot through the roof!

20. adam76 says:

What a douche.

21. pic1983 says:

I agree, especially for $1.  Theres tons of good apps for $1.  Even the ones I have paid $2 or $3 for I have gotten hours of entertainment out of.

What I do have a problem with, is companies who artificially boost their ratings.  Im sorry, but there is no way that Doodle God (not to be confused with the epic, Doodle Jump) legitimately had that many good ratings, and its obvious that it was a ruze because the app isnt even in the top 25 anymore.  When I first downloaded it, it was in the top 10 with over 100 ratings and 4.5 stars.  Worst $1 I ever spent, and I hate the fact that I contributed to those idiots.  Its idiots like those that make people turn to pirated copies.

22. Mattyleg says:

Seems that you’re not even “pretentiousness” enough to spell or use grammar properly, either.

What a firebrand.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

23. pic1983 says:

Such a tool! If you’re making 7 figures and you’re worried about your 18% escrow payment, than you’re living beyond your means and need a new financial advisor!

Sounds like he has some serious issues this guy, glad we didnt end up signing him in montreal.  When a player becomes a Hab I am certain theres a PR teacher who tells them specifically not to do stupid things on twitter like Dan ellis just did.

24. mike g says:

Talk about a botch….

Now immagine if that woulda happend to Price. MTL would’ve blown up today, n I’d be moving to New Brunswick.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

25. Storm Man says:

I don’t blame you….. Big HD TV much better.

26. andrewberkshire says:

Amazing. But I think I’ll stick to playing it on the ps3.

27. j2w4habs25 says: