How many sleeps till training camp?

• He’s big, he’s bald, he’s Alex Auld

• François Gagnon suggests Thrashers, Panthers are most likely candidates for a move to Quebec City

Mario Tremblay’s new radio show begins today at noon on CKAC

Retroactive Rocket Richard trophies

And while you count the days until the puck drops, a fan video on the 2010-’11 season:

lH8K4BRA03E

1. Storm Man says:

Yes at 9.99.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

2. SLONCOLD says:

Just a thought, if quebec gets a team they should do it with private money only…

3. mike g says:

Cool…

Thanks alot for the replies guys

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

4. HabFanSince72 says:

PvZ is perhaps the greatest game ever – but not on the iPhone (it’s too small). The iPad version is super, and of course the original computer game.

5. HabFanSince72 says:

HA HA. What a tool!

6. andrewberkshire says:

You can get nazi zombies on the iphone?

7. Storm Man says:

Don’t forget COD World at war Zombies.

8. fbkj says:

+1 angry birds

also this

gayest game ever thats so full of win

9. JIMVINNY says:

Not that I’m surprised, but that’s extremely judgmental, even coming from you.

10. WarHero says:

Awesome! Thought so. Loved that game :)

————————————————————————

11. HabFanSince72 says:

St.Helena.

He could always come back from Elba.

Nice trollish post.

13. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

After reading about all this, I’m kind of glad we didn’t end up getting Dan Ellis. It seems his twitter activity could have created some unnecessary controversy in the fishbowl that is Montreal.

14. HabFanSince72 says:

You need to buy some apps. Angry Birds to start. Then, Orbital and Drop7.

FloodIt is OK and free.

NPR News is excellent.

Kindle, if you read books on your iPhone.

If you live in QC the SAQ app is very good.

Load of hypocritical garbage that is. The Nordiques made it a habit to pick non-Quebeckers. Why were they able to stock their club with Europeans and pass up on Quebeckers but the Habs have to pick every player good or bad from the Q??? Rubbish!!!!

16. Storm Man says:

The free apps I like are facebook,fring,skype and IMDb I also like ESPN so I can see me winning the HIO hockey pool :)

17. fbkj says:

ios 4 was broken before release

18. adam76 says:

I almost bought an Iphone, but wasn’t pretentiousness enough to own an Apple product.

– Sent via my Commodore Vic 20

19. fbkj says:

dragon dictation

Layar

Urban Spoon

imdb

onn

weather eye (TEABAGS the weather app that comes with ios)

QRReader

iFu

Shazam

HockeyBuzz (eklund to go lulz)

TSN TradeCenter (push sound is funny)

Canadiens

and i encourage you to buy plantz vs zombies and angry birds, both epic games that are cheap and worth WAY more than their price

20. JIMVINNY says:

Didn’t take them long to hack the 4, did it?

21. fbkj says:

i had mine jailbroken but it gets annoying having to re-jailbreak after every software update

also piracy on the app store is messed up, people work hard developing these apps

22. fbkj says:

stupid double post

23. Mattyleg says:

Hold down A and B during the intro music and you got RUBBER PUCK!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

24. Mattyleg says:

Hold down A and B during the intro music and you got RUBBER PUCK!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

Jailbreak it. All apps are free after that.

26. adam76 says:

RIP your productivity for the day

Thrashers or Panthers to Quebec? Not unless Bettman is moved to Elba Island first!

28. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Amazing…I have no words to describe how awesome that is.

29. WarHero says:

I can’t access the link at work, is it Blades of Steel?

————————————————————————

30. mike g says:

Ok, I’m bored….

So I just got my iphone 4 last week, anyone know any cool FREE apps?

I made myself a promise that I wouldn’t pay for any apps. It’s enough I’m paying 75$ a month for my plan.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

31. adam76 says:

Nope – this is still the best hockey game of all time:

32. adam76 says:

Na – Pierce is streets behind!

33. Skotbot says:

Ok so lets stop the nonsense please?

vegan gauthier? Vege Laraque? Gauthier lives in Vermont? les canadiens, et les francophones qu’ils chassent de leurs organisation?

what does this have to do with icing a succesful hockey team? All I see is that it adds fuel to the flames, and makes it harder to be a fan every year.

as other posters have said ” Lets cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, and not the name on the back”

I know this has all been said before, but its a slow day at work, and I needed to vent.

Lets just play hockey.

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable? Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?

34. likehoy says:

pierce hawthorne?

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

35. _Habsoloutly_ says:

“Again I can’t remember one successful campaign without a tough guy on the Habs!Sorry to say but I see a no#1 draft pick next summer and perhaps another the following summer for the Habs.”

So who was our “tough guy” when we made it to the ECF last season?

36. mike g says:

Buddy….

Blow is not the way to go.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

37. Mattyleg says:

I think the French language media has a lot of interesting and insightful things to say. I haven’t read this article yet, but Gagnon is usually pretty good.

There are idiots who write for them (Bertie Raymond), but I only have two words for people who get worked up about them:

Jack Todd.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

38. MathMan says:

I completely agree. Mathias Brunet, in particular, is fantastic. One of my favorites, easily.

39. Mattyleg says:

Anyone pick up NHL ’11 yet?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

40. HabFanSince72 says:

Many Habs fans live in Montreal (though I gather few that read this site), so we are interested (in a detached way I hope) in what all the media have to say about the team.

41. Propwash says:

We won’t find out till the end of the season. Till then, sit back and enjoy the ride.

MAN I cannot wait till the season kicks off, we can have something legitimate to complain about.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

42. habaddict_andy says:

I know it’s someone like me replying to your posts that keeps you going.  But I just wanted to say IMO it’s time for you to change your username.  I get the impression your not so extra habs fan after all.

After saying that, I wonder what would be the best name for you?  I vote Xhabsfan_stripped.

43. Propwash says:

Poor nancy.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

44. sholi2000.com says:

You must be a ton of fun to hang out with.

They Call Me Shane

45. avatar_58 says:

? Who is attributing Halak’s wins to Price?

46. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Great find, Mark!

47. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Come on nuna, you can do better than that!

48. Xtrahabsfan says:

Well ,reading bout Auld was even more depressing than watching him play those 4 years on the west coast…..And this is Price’s back-up?FFS !  I can’t think of a Stanley Cup winning Habs Team that didn’t have that special kind of Goalie that REFUSED TO LET THE PUCK IN THE NET AT THE END OF THE GAME! And now we have two that do? You would think that Gainey who played with the likes of Dryden and Roy would know better(after his experience with Phil Meir or Red lite  or Bunny or Penny or Wamsley ect.. And Coach Martin was a Net-minder,WTF! And then there’s Vegan  Gouthier and his  “say no to Athletes like Boogarde or Artukin”…Again I can’t remember one successful campaign without a tough guy on the Habs!Sorry to say but I see a no#1 draft pick next summer and perhaps another the following summer for the Habs.

49. HabsFanInTampa says:

Thanks for the translation. Wow, I can’t believe he would actually write that and still keep a straight face.

50. avatar_58 says:

Who cares what the french media thinks, I sure don’t.

51. habaddict_andy says:

Unless they hit a Jackpot in finding good players from Quebec, sounds like there won’t be much rivalry going on between Canadiens and Nordiques.  By the way, who were the best players when Nordiques moved to Colorado?  That’s right, Mats Sundin, Peter Forsberg and Joe Sakic.  Although Sundin went to Toronto.

52. adam76 says:

Draft on talent, not on geography.

53. adam76 says:

He was the MVP for a reason – also was streets ahead in the WJHC.

54. Storm Man says:

You have a very good understanding about the matter at hand.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

55. habaddict_andy says:

Must be getting colder where you are to be a little depressed.  It
    helps to move on though to be a bit more in a good mood.  If that’s
    impossible, find something else to do.

Your comments have become
    some what monotone and…  I won’t say.  But seriously, you guys
    should open a  blog and bitc* about Canadiens all you want.  Have
    super analysis and credit each other for doing a good job in proving how
    Canadiens suck.

56. joeybarrie says:

How many BENCHWARMERS have 153 games under their belt by 23??? How many have 65 wins and a SV% of .912??????

I do love the pedigree of Price. He is STILL years ahead of 90% of the leagues goalie’s…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

57. pic1983 says:

did you actually watch that calder cup or the highlights? Carey was out of his mind.  Just like he was at the WJHC when they won gold.  He was named MVP both times, so how can you discredit his contribution?

58. pic1983 says:

Well thats the problem with all these guys and their language issue.  Theres between 30-40 serviceable french canadian players in the league right now out of 700, and teams dont have draft priority on local players.

So I really have no idea where they plan on finding enough french canadians to field a competitive team.

59. ZepFan2 says:

Sudbury?!

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

60. nunacanadien says:

Carey Price is the luckiest man alive, he gets credit for his Calder Cup, make 2.5 million a year to sit on the bench and take credit for Auld’s wins just like Price did for Halak’s wins last year.  Yes, we love the pedigree of Price, a top 5 benchwarmer.

61. derfab says:

It is definately racist tripe. But no one really cares very much about this place or its grand culture so public discourse tends to be pretty insular and lame.

62. HabFanSince72 says:

In fairness to La Presse their younger sports journalists aren’t at all like that.

63. Sheldon says:

Where does he think that he is going to get all the home-grown francophone players to make the Quebec squad competitive?

64. derfab says:

If Gagnon were paying attention he would have noticed that while the Statsny-Hunter led Nordiques were popular in small town Quebec (and amongst the ethnic brownshirt types elsewhere) the Habs have always transcended Montreal and Quebec.

65. Skotbot says:

It may sell copies, but it doesnt make a hockey team.

This a tired point, and makes me cringe everytime.

Who in their right mind chooses language over talent for any sport?  If it was done anywhere else, it would be considered de la xenophobie

66. mike g says:

So…

Basically Gagnon is suggesting that the Habs should bow-down to the francophonies and do whatever the francophonies want, instead of building the most competitive hockey team possible..

Well Mr. Gagnon, congrats; you’re a giant douche of a dumba*s.

I hope the Nords come back, and ice 23 francophones, and don’t make the playoffs for 20 years. Maybe I’m too young to know that the Nords were Quebec’s team. But all I know is that the Habs are Canada’s and the World’s most popular and favorite NHL team….

But that doesn’t matter for the francophonies. The rest of the world doesn’t matter, it’s what happens in Quebec that matters…

ps. If anyone meets Gagnon anytime soon, slap the douche on his chin please. And tell him to comb his hair.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

67. pic1983 says:

Hes basically saying that the way the canadiens organzation has handled and acts towards french speaking players opens the door for a new quebec franchise to become Quebec’s team.

If thats the case, I have no problem with that.  Let a new quebec franchise become quebecs team so the CH brass can stop getting dragged into these language issues by the french press.

68. HabsFanInTampa says:

Before I bitch-slap her. Translation, please?

69. MathMan says:

It’s La Presse. They love to harp on that point. I’m guessing it sells copy.

70. HabFanSince72 says:

Francois Gagnon is a little bitch isn’t she?

“Surtout qu’avec son attitude à l’endroit des francophones qu’il chasse
    de son organisation, le Canadien est en train d’ouvrir toute grande la
    porte aux Nordiques pour qu’ils puissent redevenir l’équipe du Québec
    alors que le Tricolore, avant le départ des Bleus pour Denver en 1995,
    n’était que l’équipe de Montréal.”

71. Hockey Socks says:

Alex Auld is the luckiest guy in Montreal. His job is to sit on the bench and watch hockey games for a million dollars a year.

72. HabFanSince72 says:

My problem is I won’t be able to hate the ‘Diques as much as I used to. Nowadays I cheer for Canadian teams (with one obvious exception) because the better they do the unhappier the NHL is.