How many sleeps till training camp?

• He’s big, he’s bald, he’s Alex Auld

• François Gagnon suggests Thrashers, Panthers are most likely candidates for a move to Quebec City

Mario Tremblay’s new radio show begins today at noon on CKAC

Retroactive Rocket Richard trophies

And while you count the days until the puck drops, a fan video on the 2010-’11 season:

lH8K4BRA03E

1. Storm Man says:

Yes at 9.99.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

2. SLONCOLD says:

Just a thought, if quebec gets a team they should do it with private money only…

3. mike g says:

Cool…

Thanks alot for the replies guys

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

4. HabFanSince72 says:

PvZ is perhaps the greatest game ever – but not on the iPhone (it’s too small). The iPad version is super, and of course the original computer game.

5. HabFanSince72 says:

HA HA. What a tool!

6. andrewberkshire says:

You can get nazi zombies on the iphone?

7. Storm Man says:

Don’t forget COD World at war Zombies.

8. fbkj says:

+1 angry birds

also this

gayest game ever thats so full of win

9. JIMVINNY says:

Not that I’m surprised, but that’s extremely judgmental, even coming from you.

10. WarHero says:

Awesome! Thought so. Loved that game :)

————————————————————————

11. HabFanSince72 says:

St.Helena.

He could always come back from Elba.

Nice trollish post.

13. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

After reading about all this, I’m kind of glad we didn’t end up getting Dan Ellis. It seems his twitter activity could have created some unnecessary controversy in the fishbowl that is Montreal.

14. HabFanSince72 says:

You need to buy some apps. Angry Birds to start. Then, Orbital and Drop7.

FloodIt is OK and free.

NPR News is excellent.

Kindle, if you read books on your iPhone.

If you live in QC the SAQ app is very good.

Load of hypocritical garbage that is. The Nordiques made it a habit to pick non-Quebeckers. Why were they able to stock their club with Europeans and pass up on Quebeckers but the Habs have to pick every player good or bad from the Q??? Rubbish!!!!

16. Storm Man says:

The free apps I like are facebook,fring,skype and IMDb I also like ESPN so I can see me winning the HIO hockey pool :)

17. fbkj says:

ios 4 was broken before release

18. adam76 says:

I almost bought an Iphone, but wasn’t pretentiousness enough to own an Apple product.

– Sent via my Commodore Vic 20

19. fbkj says:

dragon dictation

Layar

Urban Spoon

imdb

onn

weather eye (TEABAGS the weather app that comes with ios)

QRReader

iFu

Shazam

HockeyBuzz (eklund to go lulz)

TSN TradeCenter (push sound is funny)

Canadiens

and i encourage you to buy plantz vs zombies and angry birds, both epic games that are cheap and worth WAY more than their price

20. JIMVINNY says:

Didn’t take them long to hack the 4, did it?

21. fbkj says:

i had mine jailbroken but it gets annoying having to re-jailbreak after every software update

also piracy on the app store is messed up, people work hard developing these apps

22. fbkj says:

stupid double post

23. Mattyleg says:

Hold down A and B during the intro music and you got RUBBER PUCK!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

24. Mattyleg says:

Hold down A and B during the intro music and you got RUBBER PUCK!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

Jailbreak it. All apps are free after that.

26. adam76 says:

RIP your productivity for the day

Thrashers or Panthers to Quebec? Not unless Bettman is moved to Elba Island first!

28. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Amazing…I have no words to describe how awesome that is.

29. WarHero says:

I can’t access the link at work, is it Blades of Steel?

————————————————————————

30. mike g says:

Ok, I’m bored….

So I just got my iphone 4 last week, anyone know any cool FREE apps?

I made myself a promise that I wouldn’t pay for any apps. It’s enough I’m paying 75$ a month for my plan.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

31. adam76 says:

Nope – this is still the best hockey game of all time:

32. adam76 says:

Na – Pierce is streets behind!

33. Skotbot says:

Ok so lets stop the nonsense please?

vegan gauthier? Vege Laraque? Gauthier lives in Vermont? les canadiens, et les francophones qu’ils chassent de leurs organisation?

what does this have to do with icing a succesful hockey team? All I see is that it adds fuel to the flames, and makes it harder to be a fan every year.

as other posters have said ” Lets cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, and not the name on the back”

I know this has all been said before, but its a slow day at work, and I needed to vent.

Lets just play hockey.

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable? Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?

34. likehoy says:

pierce hawthorne?

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

35. _Habsoloutly_ says:

“Again I can’t remember one successful campaign without a tough guy on the Habs!Sorry to say but I see a no#1 draft pick next summer and perhaps another the following summer for the Habs.”

So who was our “tough guy” when we made it to the ECF last season?

36. mike g says:

Buddy….

Blow is not the way to go.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

37. Mattyleg says:

I think the French language media has a lot of interesting and insightful things to say. I haven’t read this article yet, but Gagnon is usually pretty good.

There are idiots who write for them (Bertie Raymond), but I only have two words for people who get worked up about them:

Jack Todd.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

38. MathMan says:

I completely agree. Mathias Brunet, in particular, is fantastic. One of my favorites, easily.

39. Mattyleg says:

Anyone pick up NHL ’11 yet?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

40. HabFanSince72 says:

Many Habs fans live in Montreal (though I gather few that read this site), so we are interested (in a detached way I hope) in what all the media have to say about the team.

41. Propwash says:

We won’t find out till the end of the season. Till then, sit back and enjoy the ride.

MAN I cannot wait till the season kicks off, we can have something legitimate to complain about.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

42. habaddict_andy says:

I know it’s someone like me replying to your posts that keeps you going.  But I just wanted to say IMO it’s time for you to change your username.  I get the impression your not so extra habs fan after all.

After saying that, I wonder what would be the best name for you?  I vote Xhabsfan_stripped.

43. Propwash says:

Poor nancy.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

44. sholi2000.com says:

You must be a ton of fun to hang out with.

They Call Me Shane

45. avatar_58 says:

? Who is attributing Halak’s wins to Price?

46. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Great find, Mark!

47. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Come on nuna, you can do better than that!

48. Xtrahabsfan says:

Well ,reading bout Auld was even more depressing than watching him play those 4 years on the west coast…..And this is Price’s back-up?FFS !  I can’t think of a Stanley Cup winning Habs Team that didn’t have that special kind of Goalie that REFUSED TO LET THE PUCK IN THE NET AT THE END OF THE GAME! And now we have two that do? You would think that Gainey who played with the likes of Dryden and Roy would know better(after his experience with Phil Meir or Red lite  or Bunny or Penny or Wamsley ect.. And Coach Martin was a Net-minder,WTF! And then there’s Vegan  Gouthier and his  “say no to Athletes like Boogarde or Artukin”…Again I can’t remember one successful campaign without a tough guy on the Habs!Sorry to say but I see a no#1 draft pick next summer and perhaps another the following summer for the Habs.

49. HabsFanInTampa says:

Thanks for the translation. Wow, I can’t believe he would actually write that and still keep a straight face.

50. avatar_58 says:

Who cares what the french media thinks, I sure don’t.

51. habaddict_andy says:

Unless they hit a Jackpot in finding good players from Quebec, sounds like there won’t be much rivalry going on between Canadiens and Nordiques.  By the way, who were the best players when Nordiques moved to Colorado?  That’s right, Mats Sundin, Peter Forsberg and Joe Sakic.  Although Sundin went to Toronto.

52. adam76 says:

Draft on talent, not on geography.

53. adam76 says:

He was the MVP for a reason – also was streets ahead in the WJHC.

54. Storm Man says:

You have a very good understanding about the matter at hand.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

55. habaddict_andy says:

Must be getting colder where you are to be a little depressed.  It
    helps to move on though to be a bit more in a good mood.  If that’s
    impossible, find something else to do.

Your comments have become
    some what monotone and…  I won’t say.  But seriously, you guys
    should open a  blog and bitc* about Canadiens all you want.  Have
    super analysis and credit each other for doing a good job in proving how
    Canadiens suck.

56. joeybarrie says:

How many BENCHWARMERS have 153 games under their belt by 23??? How many have 65 wins and a SV% of .912??????

I do love the pedigree of Price. He is STILL years ahead of 90% of the leagues goalie’s…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

57. pic1983 says:

did you actually watch that calder cup or the highlights? Carey was out of his mind.  Just like he was at the WJHC when they won gold.  He was named MVP both times, so how can you discredit his contribution?

58. pic1983 says:

Well thats the problem with all these guys and their language issue.  Theres between 30-40 serviceable french canadian players in the league right now out of 700, and teams dont have draft priority on local players.

So I really have no idea where they plan on finding enough french canadians to field a competitive team.

59. ZepFan2 says:

Sudbury?!

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

60. nunacanadien says:

Carey Price is the luckiest man alive, he gets credit for his Calder Cup, make 2.5 million a year to sit on the bench and take credit for Auld’s wins just like Price did for Halak’s wins last year.  Yes, we love the pedigree of Price, a top 5 benchwarmer.

61. derfab says:

It is definately racist tripe. But no one really cares very much about this place or its grand culture so public discourse tends to be pretty insular and lame.

62. HabFanSince72 says:

In fairness to La Presse their younger sports journalists aren’t at all like that.

63. Sheldon says:

Where does he think that he is going to get all the home-grown francophone players to make the Quebec squad competitive?

64. derfab says:

If Gagnon were paying attention he would have noticed that while the Statsny-Hunter led Nordiques were popular in small town Quebec (and amongst the ethnic brownshirt types elsewhere) the Habs have always transcended Montreal and Quebec.

65. Skotbot says:

It may sell copies, but it doesnt make a hockey team.

This a tired point, and makes me cringe everytime.

Who in their right mind chooses language over talent for any sport?  If it was done anywhere else, it would be considered de la xenophobie

66. mike g says:

So…

Basically Gagnon is suggesting that the Habs should bow-down to the francophonies and do whatever the francophonies want, instead of building the most competitive hockey team possible..

Well Mr. Gagnon, congrats; you’re a giant douche of a dumba*s.

I hope the Nords come back, and ice 23 francophones, and don’t make the playoffs for 20 years. Maybe I’m too young to know that the Nords were Quebec’s team. But all I know is that the Habs are Canada’s and the World’s most popular and favorite NHL team….

But that doesn’t matter for the francophonies. The rest of the world doesn’t matter, it’s what happens in Quebec that matters…

ps. If anyone meets Gagnon anytime soon, slap the douche on his chin please. And tell him to comb his hair.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

67. pic1983 says:

Hes basically saying that the way the canadiens organzation has handled and acts towards french speaking players opens the door for a new quebec franchise to become Quebec’s team.

If thats the case, I have no problem with that.  Let a new quebec franchise become quebecs team so the CH brass can stop getting dragged into these language issues by the french press.

68. HabsFanInTampa says:

Before I bitch-slap her. Translation, please?

69. MathMan says:

It’s La Presse. They love to harp on that point. I’m guessing it sells copy.

70. HabFanSince72 says:

Francois Gagnon is a little bitch isn’t she?

“Surtout qu’avec son attitude à l’endroit des francophones qu’il chasse
    de son organisation, le Canadien est en train d’ouvrir toute grande la
    porte aux Nordiques pour qu’ils puissent redevenir l’équipe du Québec
    alors que le Tricolore, avant le départ des Bleus pour Denver en 1995,
    n’était que l’équipe de Montréal.”

71. Hockey Socks says:

Alex Auld is the luckiest guy in Montreal. His job is to sit on the bench and watch hockey games for a million dollars a year.

72. HabFanSince72 says:

My problem is I won’t be able to hate the ‘Diques as much as I used to. Nowadays I cheer for Canadian teams (with one obvious exception) because the better they do the unhappier the NHL is.

73. sholi2000.com says:

I say take the two teams and make one good team (ref Fl, and Atl).  There’s two organizations that has brought absolutely nothing to the NHL in the new millennium. And aside from 96, maybe they’re entire tenure.

I’d love to see the Old Adams division back.  Toronto would be the new Hartford……minus the skill and winning percentage. :)

They Call Me Shane

74. pic1983 says:

I would love if they cut 4 teams and had a contraction draft.  Be interesting to see how a contraction draft would work considering the salary cap, and the fact that players contracts are already signed.  Then again, the salary cap would probably go up because there would be 4 less money losing teams eating away at league wide revenues.

75. SeriousFan09 says:

I am really looking forward to the day that this particular Eninem song isn’t the go-to for every 3rd highlight reel assembled.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

76. The Cat says:

Oh man, can’t wait for the day the Nordiques return. Finally a real rivalry.

77. Mr-T says:

Is that an indication that you are no longer going to bestow upon the humble members herein your gracious, enlightened and insightful, including those occasional although in the abstract provocative comments, plus that thought provoking analytical prowess to only become an idealist!

Support Carey Price         “Hypocrisy is not a virtue”

78. HabFanSince72 says:

The NHL wants Canadian taxpayers to subsidize the ‘Diques.  Stephen Harper, who thinks the purpose of the government budget is to buy votes, is only too happy to oblige.

Why does this make anyone happy?

79. The Cat says:

Thats the way it works and cause theres something in it for me.

80. SeriousFan09 says:

Buying the Nordiques back won’t win Harper anything in Quebec, he torched himself already with the province a bit too much for a new arena to get him back in. But hey, if he’s going to throw away tax money, might as well be on something the public can actually appreciate.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

81. adam76 says:

No – but scrapping the long gun registry would make ME happy.

82. Storm Man says:

Where does it in the free press say that Harper is going to use canadian tax dollers to subsidize a team coming back to Quebec City? If the Donkey did that I would hope every canadian team is going to ask for a handout. I would think the 10 mil a year the Molson’s have to pay in taxs for the bell centre they would want a handout also.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

83. punkster says:

Two things:

• The Alex Auld jokes and jibes will likely be heard daily in the coming months. Problem is the man’s going to have to play some games this season and the fans really don’t know much about him. His stats are not spectacular and he has bounced around the leagues a fair bit but who is he?I’d like to see more in depth reports and articles on this guy, see and hear some up to date interviews. Who is he? I’ll make my own mind about him after getting info from multiple sources, blogs and MSM.
    • This links back to the MSM versus bloggers discussion yesterday. The Auld link above provides a few tantilizing questions about this goalie but the writer doesn’t make the effort to answer those questions. In the end it’s a repeat of Auld’s stats, a hint of something interesting based on his high draft selection and a couple of reasonable seasons, and a conclusion that the writer has nothing positive to say about Auld. I think the writer missed something. Will the MSM dig deeper?

FREE TIMO!

84. Sheldon says:

The less we know about Auld the better. More info will invariably result in comparisons to Price, shatter Carey’s confidence and result in a massive tanking. Alex Auld has to become the Habs’ Austin Powers.

85. Mark C says:

Living in the Boston area, I will say this about Auld he was very much well liked among teammates and fans here. He played very well as a back-up to Thomas in 2007-2008, after Manny Fernandez had season ending surgery.  Frankly, without Auld’s play Boston would not have made the playoffs that season.  Many of the intelligent Bruins’ fans (oxymoron?), I spoke to this off-season hope/d that Boston would have salary dumped Thomas and signed Auld to back-up Rask.

86. adam76 says:

I do profess to be no less than I seem; to serve
      him truly that will put me in trust: to love him
      that is honest; to converse with him that is wise,  15
      and says little; to fear judgment; to fight when I

cannot choose; and to eat no fish.

87. HabFanSince72 says:

I agree. Spending it on say education or better public transit would not win as many votes as a hockey team.

88. SeriousFan09 says:

Better a hockey team than a closed-bid pork barrel contract for the US JSF jets Harper has us bent over buying that are absolutely useless since we’re not due for any imminent air wars and we don’t really need stealth tech when we bomb the hell out of 3rd-world countries with no radar.

Government has more than enough resources for public transit and education, but they’ve let themselves be taken hostage by public transit worker unions and they have no interest in an educated citizenry that might figure out how incompetent they are.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

89. pic1983 says:

Sad but true my friend.  Well said.

90. G-Man says:

“Government has more than enough resources for public transit and education”

Seeing as you’re in the know, how much do those 2 things cost? Even a roundabout guess would be good.
    Blaming employees for a poorly managed business is a lovely little lie management makes up. Many companies around the world pay an excellent salary with benefits and aren’t going under. How’s that?

91. nunacanadien says:

With Price signing, what room I wonder do we have left for any final moves, and I wonder what they would be?

92. fbkj says:

2.2 mill or something like that

93. Mark C says:

I’d vote for sitting on that cap space until the deadline or a trade is needed. There are no glaring needs on this team right now; sure some upgrades would be nice, but not at the expense of losing financial flexibility. Having about $2M in cap space opens the door for an impact trade at the deadline, even a trade where Montreal takes on substantial salary.

94. fbkj says:

just got my season tickets, i swear the packaging is nicer and nicer every year

95. HabsFanInTampa says:

The Florida Panthers play within a wristshot of Hollywood, FL which has more Francophones from Quebec residing and “snowbirding” there than any other city in the USA. As much as I would love to see a Nordiques/Canadiens rivalry re-emerge, I hope it’s the Thrashers that get shipped up north instead of the Panthers. I went to see a Habs/Panthers game there a couple of years ago and I felt I was visiting Quebec, due to the +75% of the fans in the stands cheering for the Habs. Also of note, the NHL Network is replaying the Nordiques/Canadiens ’93 semi-finals playoff meeting between the two arch enemies. For those of you too young to understand or witness the “battle of Quebec” that went on in the 80’s & 90’s, you owe it to yourself to watch.

96. Clay4bc says:

…and banning all guns would make me happy.

__________________________

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

— George Orwell —

97. HFX-HabFan says:

In Canada or China?

98. Sheldon says:

You probably have a better shot at everyone getting armed. Remember, “God created men, but Colonel Colt made them equal.”

99. adam76 says:

from my cold, dead hands.

100. adam76 says:

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

101. Omit says:

You obviously have not looked at the stats or the States.  They totally refute your ridiculous statement.

102. adam76 says:

Your so right – a total ban on an inanimate object will for sure reduce crime.  I mean, if guns were illegal – you know the criminals would follow suit and turn their their guns in for best buy gift cards.

Some interesting stats for you to ponder:

103. Mr-T says:

Words from one who ascribes to an anti-statism mentality,that advocates a radical left-wing ideology.

Support Carey Price         “Hypocrisy is not a virtue”

104. K-hab25 says:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I agree with Adam. I don’t own a gun, but I do think I should be able to, if I wanted to. As they say guns don’t kill people, people kill people.

105. andrewberkshire says:

Guns just make it easier. There’s no reason to outlaw collectibles, rifles or shotguns for hunting etc, however handguns, semi-automatic and automatic weapons serve no purpose in society.

106. adam76 says:

To quote the great

Jules Winnfield:

English, motherfu@ker, do you speak it?

Seriously, you are missing the whole point of communication.  You do not sound smart or educated, you sound like homer simpson after he listened to those vocabulary builder tapes.

Just FYI

107. adam76 says:

Yes – but making them illegal only hurts the innocent.  The criminals will always have guns or weapons of some type, why not make it an even playing field?

Everyone has different view – however, I will always have a gun – illegal or legal.

108. bwoar says:

I second your hands being dead and cold.

109. Mr-T says:

Mao Zedong infamously stated that Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. China, as you are well aware of has some of the most severe firearm laws in the world, although there have been numerous incidents where guns have been used in violent crimes.

Support Carey Price         “Hypocrisy is not a virtue”

110. HabFanSince72 says:

As the great Eddie Izzard said:

“Guns don’t kill people, people do. But the gun helps.”

111. JIMVINNY says:

Outlawing them totally makes absolutely no sense.  But making them readily available, without any kind of record check, as they are at gun shows in certain states, makes even less sense.

That being said, the long gun registry is a total farce, and serves no purpose whatsoever.

112. HabFanSince72 says:

Penis substitute, isn’t it?

113. Mr-T says:

WOW…A STATEMENT FROM THE ABYSS…NEANDERTHAL!

Support Carey Price         “Hypocrisy is not a virtue”

114. gloveside says:

In this country, the chances of being the victim of any gun-related crime in Canada is 27.5 per 100,000 population [statscan]. In the mid-90’s [statscan] there was 1 fatal accidental gun death every 6 days and 1 fatal gun accident of a child under 5 every 11 days in this country. You should see what the stats are like in the “Home of the Brave”! Damn those criminals, they need to do a lot more to keep up!

115. adam76 says:

You know – your “shtick” would be more realistic if your username wasn’t an A-team character.

116. Omit says:

Those “interesting stats’ are a joke in that they compare individual states.  Please look up the stats comparing the USA to most other countries.  If they don’t awaken you, then nothing will.

117. adam76 says:

No – but my ferrari…

118. gloveside says:

sorry, double post

119. gloveside says:

Another misinformed Canadian. The gun registry isn’t there to police who can have a firearm, although it does that too, it is there to help police know if, when called to an address, if there are firearms there to be worried about. I realize that criminals don’t register their guns, it’s the farmer who snaps or the Calgary doctor in his cottage [see records from the RCMP over the last 25 years]. If the registry saves 1 life [it actually has saved dozens, maybe hundreds] it’s worth it. If you’re a taxpayer, aren’t you glad the cops know the guy living next door to you has a gun? Don’t buy into this NeoCon wild west bull.

120. andrewberkshire says:

No, it doesn’t hurt the innocent at all. No one needs an assault weapon at any time in their lives, ever. There is no situation imaginable in reality where a citizen needs a machine gun.

121. andrewberkshire says:

There’s nothing intrinsically wrong with the gun registry, the reason why so many people are against it is because it was supposed to be cheap, and done in an organized fashion, and it became unbelievably expensive and disorganized. Massive bungle if ever there was one.

122. JIMVINNY says:

Several police forces have acknowledged that when they approach a residence, even if no gun is shown in the registry, they proceed with the thought that a gun IS present.  So what’s the point?

123. G-Man says:

All police forces across Canada have endorsed it and use it. I costs 1.2 mil to maintain. It’s here, keep it.

You have to licence your dog, ffs! Why not the thing designed specifically to kill?

124. adam76 says:

You are misinformed.

If the police go into a home more “relaxed” because a GOVERNMENT run database says the home is gun free, there simply is no hope or logic in this world.  You have no idea how poorly run the system is – I was sent the information of another gun owner just a few months ago when trying to transfer ownership of an old 12 gage.

The information is incomplete and inaccurate – and the folks who will statistically do harm with a firearm (criminals and the mentally unstable) can not legally own a firearm to begin with.  Do you really think these types will register or get the proper license?

Its a waste of time taxpayers money, and will be scrapped.  Criminals and nutjobs will always be armed, lets make it an even playing field.

125. gloveside says:

If you mean RCMP when you say GOVERNMENT, then you are correct. I know EXACTLY how it is run. The KNOWN unstable and CRIMINAL element are not who they worry about. It’s trigger-happy guys with no criminal record or official record of mental instability like yourself are the ones they worry about. I guess the only thing we can agree on is how right you are that nutjobs will always be armed.

126. pic1983 says:

Totally agree.  We can sign a 1.5-2 million dollar player right now which does nothing for us, or we hold on to that cap space, and than we can potentially acquire a $5 million rental at the deadline.

127. Thrillhouse says:

Revenues are not profits. Money-losing teams still help league revenues, because even if they only sell a single seat, at 1$, they’ve still increased league revenues, and thus, the salary cap.

Only way the league contracts is if a team goes belly up, and there’s no one willing to buy and relocate (or buy and stay), and the NHL BOG allows it to fail completely. That’s just not going to happen.

128. pic1983 says:

Thanks for the correction.

129. JIMVINNY says:

The salary cap is defined as a % of revenue, divided by the number of teams.  So in fact, a theoretical team selling only one seat, though increasing revenues, is significantly lowering the average revenue per team, and therefore lowering the salary cap.

130. JIMVINNY says:

You were correct the first time.  Getting rid of lower revenue generating teams would increase the cap.

Et tu, Shellie?