How about those Habs!

How about those Canadiens!

Sitting in first place in the Eastern Conference with a 14-4-4 record Monday morning after beating the Bruins 4-3 in Boston Sunday night. A streak of 11 games picking up at least a point (8-0-3). Third-best record in the NHL behind only Chicago (19-0-3) and Anaheim (15-3-2).

How about Max Pacioretty! He was named the NHL’s first star of the week on Monday after recording at least one point in all four of his games, tying for the league lead in goals (four) and points (seven). The 24-year-old leads the Canadiens with 8-12-20 totals in 18 games this season.

And how about that Brendan Gallagher! A pretty good-looking rookie, especially when you consider he was only a fifth-round pick (147th overall) at the 2010 NHL entry draft and wasn’t selected by the junior Vancouver Giants until the ninth round of the 2007 WHL bantam draft.

After picking up two assists and a plus-3 in the win over Boston, Gallagher has 6-7-13 totals in 18 games and is a team-leading plus-12.

The Canadiens are back in action Tuesday night on Long Island when they take on the Islanders (7 p.m., RDS, TSN 690 Radio).

(Photo by Alex Trautwig/Getty Images)

Canadiens come back to beat Bruins, by Pat Hickey

Gallagher’s star shines bright, by Jack Todd

Habs pounce after Chara leaves, by Pat Hickey

Bruins have no problem with Chara’s costly decision to fight, by NESN.com

Bruins’ Marchand, Julien call out Subban after loss, by NESN.com

Crosby stars in orgy of offence, by Dave Stubbs

Lecavalier trade talk heats up again in Tampa, by Stu Cowan

1,111 Comments

1. DorvalTony says:

Kevin Paul Dupont wrote Chara “did the right thing.”

Hey Einstein, he blew the game for the Broons LOL!!!!

2. issie74 says:

I get what oakvillehab is saying about Max ,all players are taught to be careful with their comments.Julien and Marchand are baiting.I do not get the soft and dirty rap though,he is only doing what all other players do. I do not like the habs fighting either,I watch all the games and loved watching Chicago/Detroit,none of that nonsense.

NorthTOHab

3. ed says:

re: Leafs and Kadri

I agree that Leafs are better – and Kadri is turning into a dangerous offensive weapon for them

for Kadri’s sake someone should tell him to stop cutting across the middle of the ice carrying the puck when he enters the offensive zone.

I have seen too many players get nailed that way, and most of them end up with a concussion.

NHL players carrying the puck MUST move North-South with their heads up, and never East-West.

4. Sportfan says:

Just read Jack Todd’s article and the part about Don Cherry made me laugh. Mainly cause Don Cherry always makes himself like an ass, paraphrasing from Todd, Cherry basically said Crosby got his concussions cause he didn’t listen to him. Yeah cause everyone listens to Don Cherry and change their game to a guy who couldn’t win with Bobby Orr nice. There’s a reason why I don’t watch CBC Hockey anymore.

So apparantly John Tavares is battling a cold presently, this blogger is encouraging the team give him the night off.

6. Bripro says:

I’m driving otherwise I’d spar back and forth this morning.
    I just wanted to mention that on TSN690 this morning, Ted Bird and the gang raked the Boston Globe reporter over the coles about the Habs supposed embellishment.
    At one point this troll reported the Ribero incident of 9 years ago, and the question was then asked….
    “Who was the Habs coach then?”
    Claude Julien.
    If you can find it either on the TSN site or otherwise, I encourage you to listen to it. Priceless.

NOTE: I’m parked as I write this, so don’t vent on my driving and texting. I’m not my daughter. I don’t do that. :)

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Just heard it too. Actually they forgot to counter the reporter with it and it was a fan who called in and mentioned it. That fan’s rant against the Boston media should be copied and placed somewhere… absolutely hysterical.

I have to echo the thoughts of 24Cups, the Leafs indeed seem to be a much better team this year. Whether the buzz is warranted or not, Kadri mania has taken over Leaf Nation as he continues to be their leading point getter.

Interesting though, in the post game presser, Carlyle was asked about Kadri. His response was, “Who, you guys really want to anoint him” He went on to talk about how they are still trying to teach him to play the right way….

Sound familiar? Yet the Leaf fans don’t take this as their coach disliking the player or view him as soon to be traded etc….

• habsfan0 says:

Kadri will be traded to the Canucks for Roberto Luongo by the trading deadline.
      It’s the Leaf way.

• HabsFan1111 says:

Kessel and Lupul had excellent statistical years last year, but they still faded in the second half, as will happen again this year. After this many years, I kinda feel bad for the poor saps who get their hopes up year after year to be disappointed each and every year.

I honestly hope they do make the playoffs and, the way things are going, maybe a habs/leafs matchup in round one is possible!

• Sportfan says:

I’m still waiting for someone to crack Kadri, not to hurt him but just to knock him off his high horse and someone knock Reimers smile off his face again (although James Reipietro will get hurt again)

8. Habfan17 says:

Not sure why people are pushing for Ryan Clowe, he dropped off production by 18 points last season over the season before and went to a minus 5 from a plus 13. This season he has 6 points and is minus 2 in 18 games. His style of play and injuries may have caught up with him

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

People are not satisfied with Moen’s and Armstrong’s physical play…especially with respect to dropping the gloves. Clowe is more physical, can drop them and can play a regular shift.

9. habsfan0 says:

Is tonight the perfect trap game for the Habs?
    One would hope not as they just lost to these guys recently.

10. Habfan17 says:

TSN is already pushing their TradeCentre!

Habfan17

11. Habfan10912 says:

Thought about taking that miserable drive down to the Island to catch the game so I checked out tickets. Was amazed to see so many good affordable seats available. Thought I’d share.

12. Habshire says:

Jacobs must have been pissed. Ordering Tim Peel from Minnesota straight to Long Island. The other guy Darcy Burchell is reffing his 3rd NHL game. This could get ugly.

13. Cal says:

So sorry, 24. I had to use Julien as my foil today: http://calshabsongparodies.weebly.com