Hockey’s hottest

A fan asseses the National Hunk League.

Carey Price and Max Lapierre both make her list.

What, no good-lookin’ bloggers?

And frequent Commenter badangel demurs (not to be confused with Demers). Her list:

Lapierre and Talbot top my list. (I’ve always had a thing for the “wrong” ones)

Price,
Petr Sykora, Patrick Sharp, Taylor Pyatt (the eyes! woowee!), Parise,
Vermette and Souray. Honourable mention to Theodore since he is still
pretty hot as he ages.. but the whole Paris Hilton thing ruined it for
me.

•  •  •

Ondrej Pavelec: two years, $2.3 million

•  •  •

A great read: Puck Daddy mourns the passing of Paul Bissonnette’s hilarious PaulBizNasty rants on Twitter

•  •  •

Kings back in the hunt?

RDb1mu8QFqg

1. Mark C says:

No Andrew, Price is worth $1.5 mill tops, and not a red cent more…or so I’ve been told around here.

Fwiw, I think this contract sets the value of Price’s contract status; both goalies are the same age, Price being two weeks older. Also, both players are ending their entry level deals. Once you factor in Price’s large advantage in performance and experience, Price’s value likely comes out close to doubling this deal, like you said.

2. HabFanSince72 says:

Shut it down for good and start from scratch.

3. ed lopaz says:

well, I’m hearing that we’re heading for another shut down in 2012.

this story is rather embarassing to the NHL, is it not?

especially for the commissioner’s office, I would say, this truely is the GaFF of the year, and the only conclusion

that can be drawn goes somthing like…

“how could someone who makes so much coin not catch a loophole the size of a neutron star?”

wasn’t it just last week that we were reading about Buttman’s salary?

the Phoenix scandal did not look good on him either – I think SF’09 calls them the Phoenix Parasites.

The league needs some new leadership, a new direction, and someone who is” taller than a 5th grader”.

4. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

That list was very very sad..Harani you should definitely make a new one. And no Souray is definitely epic fail!

5. habaddict_andy says:

What guys in this blog are interested in is “who are the sexiest HIO members?”.  I’d say you are one of them.

6. jrshabs1 says:

approved dammit……..

7. ed lopaz says:

so what was Lou’s motivation here? He practicaly wrote the new CBA, and of course he was aware of the Hossa deal, inside and out. Could this be the first shot across the bow to finally rid the NHL of Buttman??

8. JD_ says:

I’m not wont to see something nefarious in every move that’s made around the league.

My original take was Lamoriello was orchestrating his swan song.

Subsequent to hearing his public comments regarding the Kovy II contract, I came around to the idea that Lou grudgingly tabled this offer at the very active behest of Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek and with a certain expectation the league would nix it.

Vanderbeek’s no slouch. He made his bucks in a fairly cutthroat business. He deems player cachet to have tangible value and wants a superstar. Totally understandable.

As I said at the time, the deal was very out-of-character for Lamoriello. This explanation seems, at least in my view, to rationalize the seeming contradiction.

And it really doesn’t require one find some more sinister motive.

9. Psycho29 says:

The black garbage bags covering the windows in his Mom’s basement don’t let the UV rays in…..Plus if he goes outside his tin foil hat gets wayyyy too hot!

10. Psycho29 says:

Claude Provost!

You CoulAide drinkers!!!!  :-)

11. Psycho29 says:

Hopefully we will give someone number-41 this season.

12. ZepFan2 says:

Bahahahahahahahahaha

You’ve finally nailed a good one. Even though it was unintentional.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

13. J Haul says:

Obviously a penguins fan, mate.

14. Bugs says:

I refuse to take ANY hunk list seriously unless I’m on it.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Brotha to the Man with the Plan, Product-runnin Lead Houndogg with the Voodoo Flannel Posse, and Pimp Extraordinaire of Habsbros Mama Jones Snow Cones, muthafugga: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

15. 123456 says:

did someone say jello wrestling summit in october??

16. alestar says:

Definitely a Pens fan put this sad collection together…Tyler Kennedy? Malkin? WTF?

XXIV…and counting

17. andrewberkshire says:

Price will get a fair bit more than Pavalec, perhaps as much as double. He’s accomplished way more in the NHL at the same age.

18. J Haul says:

I’m a huge Koivu guy, but a year is long enough. It’s not a retired number. The organization has already done the respectful thing in not allowing the number, or the captaincy, to be worn for an entire year. Saku signed a new deal in Anaheim. He’s moved on and so should we.

Someone else wearing 11 doesn’t mean we’ll forget what he’s meant to the city and organization. I’d venture a guess that we’ll even someday see his picture up in the ring of honour at the Bell.

On a side note, I find it strange that Gomez wanted the switch. I know he wore it as a kid, but the 91 really suited him so well.

19. StevieRay says:

who else …the Gummper himself …Gump Worsley !!!!

20. GrimJim says:

He can’t do that. The sun is Gainey’s attempt to blind us to the little good that occurred prior to PG coming to exert his master plan and encourage leftist groupthink by the pre-high school former Ottawa conspirators, blah blah, 88, blah blah …

21. J Haul says:

I nominate the majority of the guys in the ‘hot list’.

22. JD_ says:

Great minds think alike. Fools seldom differ.

Based on the following two items…

—–

Lou L. will drop the contract length to 15 years, raise the terminal salary to $1M per, nudge up the cap hit by some $1M per, and tickety-boo, all will be well.

You heard it here first.

In other news, if you’re over the age of 42, you may as well give up those NHL aspirations. You no longer matter.

—–

Excerpt from Eric Duhatschek’s article:

On a practical level, the fix here is relatively simple for the Devils and Kovalchuk, provided both sides were prepared to give a little. They could simply lop off the final two years of the contract, meaning it would expire when Kovalchuk turns 42, the same age Hossa will be when his deal runs out. If they up the salary in the final three years to $1-million, then that too would make it mirror Hossa’s previously approved deal far more closely.

Under this scenario, the Devils’ annual salary-cap charge for Kovalchuk’s contract would rise by almost three-quarters of a million dollars – not an ideal outcome, but one that they might be able to live with.

—–

…I am forced to consider one of the three following possibilities:

1. Eric Duhatschek and I share an affinity for the shortest distance between two points.

2. Eric Duhatschek is inside my head.

3. I am Eric Duhatschek.

Given I don’t subscribe to the notion of the paranormal nor look anything like the guy in his picture, I am compelled to go with the unspoken conclusion: The bastard’s stealin’ my material.

23. nickster13 says:

Get to the chopper!!!

24. Storm Man says:

Tony go out and enjoy the day a little sunshine will do you alot of good.

25. badangel says:

bahaha .. I did.. albeit below :p

JOKINGLY of course (I say that as some pplz are getting a lil fired up). This thread made me happy considering I am trying desperately not to concentrate on my work today. Where’s your list Ellisa? :p

(Guys here should really be encouraging this from the females in hopes that there is are ‘cat fights’ over same choices 😉 Jello Wrestle over the hotties! Best woman wins! :p )

Lapierre and Talbot top my list. (I’ve always had a thing for the “wrong” ones)

Price, Petr Sykora, Patrick Sharp, Taylor Pyatt (the eyes! woowee!), Parise, Vermette and Souray. Honourable mention to Theodore since he is still pretty hot as he ages.. but the whole Paris Hilton thing ruined it for me.

Those are off the top of my head. I first liked hockey solely cause I was young and thought boys were cute.. I can assure you that I have since advanced my knowledge quite a lot and actually love love LOVE the sport. Fave player def Cammy and used to be Gretzky. I still antagonize my brothers with “But.. he is SO hot” when a player does something wrong hehe. En faite, I can safely say my hockey knowledge now trumps my 2 brothers who used to play. 😉

(PS – on a side note.. I haven’t gone to the darkside with soccer yet but hot damn those players have insane hot bodies. I’ll watch futbol solely in hopes a player takes his top off – I’m talking to you Ronaldo hottie DILF)

26. badangel says:

way too serious a comment of what is obviously a tongue in cheek comment to a more joking post by Boone.

It’s all in fun. It’s Thursday. Easy does it

27. GrimJim says:

Coffee extra bitter this morning, Tony?

28. Chris F says:

Tyler Kennedy – The guy looks like a pig – an actual pig!

Pascual Depuis – C’mon, uni-brows unite.

29. GrimJim says:

It was a joke, dude…

30. avatar_58 says:

I liked saku too, but ask a fan of any other team what they think – “who cares it’s a number”. Believe it or not, they are right. Only habs fans put so much into what number a player wears.

31. avatar_58 says:

I’m sorry are you suggesting Gainey’s number should NOT be retired? That somehow he wasn’t a damn good hab – because you don’t like him as a GM?

32. mtlhbsfn says:

I agree – as I was watching the clip, I repeatedly said “Really!? Him!?” at least half the time!

33. avatar_58 says:

Why? It’s not like #11 = Captain. Also I hope our new captain doesn’t speak a word of french. In fact if it’s Gio it’s PERFECT as he’s an AMERICAN. The horror! THE HORROR!

34. 123456 says:

1yr deal is a great idea – gives more time to plan for a one hour special next summer instead of slapping a crap-fest together like lebron did.

35. GrimJim says:

Michel Bergeron, claiming to speak for Yvon Lambert, wanted to make sure Gomez was continuing his French lessons before signing off on the change…

36. 123456 says:

i’m thinking if the guys stayed out of the thread it would not leave you with much company (but better company none the less – that i understand).

saku was my fav player as was muller for a period. i say let the number be worn. personally for me i will remember saku more when i see someone else wearing the #11 on the ice.

37. mike g says:

With the way this “Summer of Kovalchuk” has gone, I really wouldn’t want this guy playing for us…

Yes I know, he’s a world class talent and only one of a handfull of players that can score 50+ goals per year. Yada, yada, yada,…..I don’t care, that greedy you know what can stay the f’uk home.

At the end of the year, I was one of those saying we should try and free up some space to try and sign him. I even suggested to let Pleks walk, play Cammy at center and sign Kovy. Now, I’m so happy it didn’t happen.

If this UFA crop can teach us anything, it’s that those who want to win know exactly what to do. They identify their favorite destinations months ahead of time, and settle the business shortly after the deadline. They don’t make a huge story about it, and don’t ask for 17 year deals that will end up screwing their new teams cap.

I’m now able to give credit to guys like Crosby and Malkin. They knew that if they’d hit the UFA market, they could ask for 10+ mill eyes closed and they would get it. Instead, they took a combined 17.4 mill per year instead of 10-13 mill per year contrcats like Ovi did. Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with those who take the money given to them. Gomez was smart to take his deal.

But don’t go around like Kovy asking for 10 mill per year, and then sign a 362-year contract.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

38. Eliisa says:

What a pathetic list of Hot Hockey Players. I could’ve come up with a much more attractive list. As any woman on this site could’ve. Where is badangel? :) A post for us!

39. jrshabs1 says:

It’s ok Captain Kirk Muller said he could wear it. It was also aproved by Ryan Walter.

40. avatar_58 says:

Oh for crying out…..it’s a number. Saku is gone. Next.

We all loved him. He was the heart and soul of this team for years. However it’s a new era and the new era’s players can choose whatever numbers are available. Saku’s number is not retired so I do not see the issue.

41. DONJUAN says:

how does tyler kennedy pascal dupuis and malkin make that list this chick picked some random guys for sure.

In HABS we trust.

42. avatar_58 says:

Btw someone remind Bergeron we speak english here in Hamilton, not french.

43. pmaraw says:

ya and 16-17 guys to sign lol

44. badangel says:

Geeze guys (you and Mr. Biter)

way to ruin a sexy thread for the ladies.. with your serious talk..

45. Bryan says:

Thrashers resign Pavelec to a two year deal worth $2.3 million.  That’s a pretty reasonable number for a young goalie.  Might be a good comparable for management to use when negotiating with Priceberg.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

46. likehoy says:

wouldn’t it be funny if kovalchuk signs a 1 year deal and is a UFA next season…

with 23 million off the cap for us………..anything can happen!

47. badangel says:

I am female 😉

Lapierre and Talbot top my list. (I’ve always had a thing for the “wrong” ones)

48. StevieRay says:

I find it quite distasteful that the origanization would let Gomez wear # 11 next year. Saki was the heart and soul of this club for many years … as well as his heroic battle back to health after his sickness…….  and not to mention our Captain …

49. avatar_58 says:

Perchance Price and Cammy are on top? That wouldn’t be bias or anything would it? 😉

50. jrshabs1 says:

I’m a desperate male hockey fan…for a Stanley Cup!..and if some dude made a compilation of ice girls and posted it on YouTube I would say yes he’s desperate. There are no double standards at HIO…..;

51. Julie H says:

Kovalev without a helmet on

“I know you’re wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear that your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by?”

52. 123456 says:

recently retured brindamore and recci – they must top the list

53. mike g says:

Datsyuk

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

54. Mr. Biter says:

I have posted many times before on the coaching language / birth place debate. Hire the best coach available. I don’t care of he speaks chinese as his first language. If the rest of the NHL teams took this as seriously as some posters on this site there would be 6 Canadian coaches in the NHL the rest from the states. How many countries have Canadian hockey coaches running their teams? Lots because they want the best they can get. I haven’t looked at the top 50 teams but almost guarantee you the owners and fans don’t care where they are from from , only if they win. If the Habs continue to have to have a French Canadian G.M or Head Coach because the Media demands it will be a long time till we see the cup.

During the Olympic games one US broadcaster complained that the US lost to us because one of their coaches had a “dual citizenship”. This remark sounded so stupid until I thought about certain posters on this site.

55. punkster says:

I hope you gave Timo a straw and packed him a lunch.

FREE TIMO!

56. db says:

I cant watch youtube vids at work… so thanks for the comments.

Anyone have nominations for the ugliest players??

Ovie, Markov, AK46, malkin, colby armstrong… off the top of my head.

57. gmd says:

You didn’t miss anything.  I feel bad for Max and Carey being lumped in with mutts like Luongo, Fleury, Tyler Kennedy(!), and some dude with a mullet.

58. habs03 says:

Tyler Kennedy should not be on that list..lol

59. mtlhbsfn says:

there was a few photo spreads after Fischer / Underwood wedding – showing (supposedly) hot and famous wives/girlfriends… was sad to see a few of the same faces with different players (more than one famous puck bunny out there I guess! lol)

60. bigjames says:

yeah big time. let’s hear ’em!

61. mtlhbsfn says:

And yet, if it were an ice girls  (or a ‘hot hockey wife/gf)  compilation, I don’t think you would accuse the poster of being a desperate male hockey fan…. as a female fan, we have the benefit of getting our hockey fix AND eye candy all at once 😉

62. 123456 says:

we have a local “boone & sons” firm, they are refuse collectors…

63. mike g says:

How the heck did Fleury and Jack Johnson make that “hotlist” ?

Those two have the biggest set of choppers I’ve ever seen. They make rabbits jealous….

I bet you $20 they can cut wood with their 2 front teeth. And wtf is going on with Jack Johnson’s 1980’s white turtle neck? Only Pleks can successfully wear a turtle neck since 2005….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

64. Mike Boone says:

Nope. We bury them in the woods.

65. nightmare_49 says:

We know that GM Stan Bowman has his hands full this summer , so does Joel Quenneville ……………  http://www.banginpanger.com/2010/06/joel-quenneville-pwnd.html

66. lenny says:

what about a list of the top hottest female habs fans? please email me the submissions!!!!!!

67. Storm Man says:

I have no words.

68. Habs Proud says:

Slow news day I guess, I don’t need to see the “Top 30” but in fairness I’m sure that there is a lot of female regulars on Habs I/O that it interests, this one is for you, girls. Perhaps we need “Top 30 Hockey Wives” you know just to balance it out!

69. notbigbird says:

Dear Boone. Saw a Boone truck (really) this morning. It was delivering meat to a butcher. Was it carting excommunicated HIO-ers, I wonder.

70. Harani says:

No Shelly Souray? That’s an Epic Fail. And this video lost all credibility when she put Crosby No.1. If you guys are intrerested, I can make my top 10 with my picks. Let me know!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

71. StevieRay says:

Cassie Campbell ……!!!!

72. jrshabs1 says:

just another bunny looking for the golden egg!!

73. 123456 says:

you must be female? if you are then post your top five regardless of the article above.

secret mod

74. badangel says:

Ah I love this! 😀 This place needs a bit of estrogen swinging puck bunny stuff a couple of times a year..

Personally I have a crush on Lapierre. I like’m French. Talbot is cute too. Price is a given but a lil too young for me 😉

Laps for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

*blush*

(and Kennedy? wtf ew ick)