HIO at practice

markie

The Canadiens will be on the ice at 11:30 a.m.
Probably a 45-minute practice, then the team catches an early-afternoon charter flight to Buffalo.

• No disciplinary action for Brad Marchand. Commentariat, go nuts.

• No Subban, Cole, Diaz, Gorges, Darche, Gill. Therapy days. They’ll all be on the trip.

• Randy Ladouceur is working with Louis Leblanc. He’s not yelling.

• Randy Cunneyworth having a quiet confab with Lars Eller and LL.

• Andrea Markov was out early with Graham Rynbend. Cones on the faceoff dots, and Markov working pretty hard skating around them. Photo taken by my man Dave Stubbs.

• Yannick Weber is out with goaltender coach Pierre Groulx. He’s wearing white, which usually means contact.

1. francbiss says:

Smells like a rat, talks like a rat, looks like a rat it must be Brad Marchand

2. smiler2729 says:

I bet if Chara’s injury was real serious, there’d have been no one cheering…

• krob1000 says:

A guy who never goes down went down like a rock after getting a puck in the face…it looked serious at first….and that is when they cheered…he got lucky.

• DarthAlexander says:

That’s my belief as well. A few clowns may have, but the majority wouldn’t have laughed. Even if it was Chara.

“We only have one person to blame, and that’s each other.” – Berry Beck

• powdered toastmann says:

Personally, guess I’m ambivalent about the whole thing. I wouldn’t have booed/jeered, but if some one else feels so inclined, it’s their right. We all know what it’s like in any given arena, on any given night.

3. Propwash says:

It’s plainly obvious that if one of our guys were to take a puck to the face in the Gahden, the Broonz fans would go absolutely batchit crazy as well.

Hypocrites.

• krob1000 says:

Some fans would in any building…you get 20000 people in a building and you will find some of those people…but when 9 out 10 on this site feels that way ….. time to invest in some mirrors people.

4. montreal ace says:

In over 50 years of watching sports, Chara guiding Max into the stanchion with the intent to injure , is at the top of my lists when it comes to dirty plays. People that want to complain about a puck to the chin, and say its bad that people did not feel sorry for him, boo fricken hoo. If the goons can climb jacobs ladder to buttmans office, and get another timmy teacup, I can hope bolts has a hard time drinking from it.

5. krob1000 says:

This is an unreal response…I can’t believe the number of you who think you cheer when someone gets injured….judging by the sample size on here and very few people agreeing with me on here I am either way out of touch with what I thought sport was or the rest of the league is right and Hab fans are insane….

6. SteverenO says:

Exposing the myths:

Hal Gill is by accounts a nice guy. teammates like him and there is no doubt that he gives it the good old 110% night in and night out.

The common “wisdom” is that he is a great penalty killer, not usable on the power play, below average offensively at even strength and average to below average defensively at even strength.

what are the facts?
    According to goals scored/allowed per minute of ice time.:

Even strength Defense:
    Out of our 8 defenseman (including Weber) Gill ranks 6th slightly ahead of Kaberle and Campoli.
    even Strength Defense:
    Gill ranks 5th ahead only of Kaberle (surprised?) and Weber

PowerPlay:
    On the PP Gill does not rank as he is never used (Personally I would be happier to see him used in front of the net than having Gomez out there)

Short Handed:
    Of the 4 defenseman that are used to kill penalties, Gill Subban Gorges and Diaz, Gill ranks third, Significantly well below diaz and Subban , ahead slightly of only Josh Gorges.

There has been one powerplay goal scored by the opponents for every 15 minutes of ice time that Gill has been used to kill penalties.
    Josh Gorges is on for a Short handed goial against every 13 minutes.

Pk Subban every 21 minutes, and the best by far is Diaz who allows one goal aganst for evey 33 minutes of short handed ice time.

It`s obvious that our coach was familiar with the stats because last night instead of having Gill and Gorges play 8 minutes on the penalty kill while Subban and Diaz played but two minutes apiece, perhaps he would give his best penalty killers more ice time. Then again that is probably too much to expect from a coach who insists on playing Gomez on the PP.

As one of those that spoke the loudest and most often about the need to fire coach Martin, there is much that I like about RC. I think the team has more spunk, and they are far more entertaining to watch.

I have got to believe though that it should not be too difficult to find a coach who can both put together a decent game plan, and also be smart enough to either recognize the strength and weaknesses of his players, or failing that consult someone who can look up the statistics.

Playing Gomez on the PowerPlay is like bringing in a pitcher or your weakest hitting batter, to pinch hit for a better hitter with runners in scoring position.

Dressing 7 defenceman is a mistake. ALWAYS. If you have to dress 7 defenceman due to injury or whatever, one of the seven must play as a forward (a la Weber or Streit). If I remember correctly even Alex Henry was brought up and played pretty welll as a fourth line winger a couple of years ago.

Constant juggling of lines and defense pairings has never , and will never work, especially when the guy who is doing the juggling don;t even have the common sense to utilize the players according to their
    documented strengths and weaknesses.

regards,

Steve O.

7. Sean Bonjovi says:

I’d love change my avatar to a photo of taken of Chara just as the puck hits his face, but I can’t find one. Any help would be appreciated.

“Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded this month”
    – Sean Bonjovi

8. Dr.Rex says:

So when hab fans cheer at a Hated rival falling for three secs then its “classless” or “typical”. HOwever the folowing are not?

– Recchi saying the habs embellished and later admitted he said that to help give his team a small psychological edge in one regular season game.
    – Bruin fans saying thay they were hoping Pactioretty was DEAD after the “hockey play”
    – Bruin fans acting like baboons after Marchand clearly low bridges a defenseless player (salo) and cheering and wooing while he lay on the ice.

The only classless behavior I witnessed last night was the unprofessional commentary that happened from both Ray Ferraro and the boob on the NBC sports network. TO overexaggerate a reaction and by saying the behaviour was typical because 5% of fans rected a certain way is not only unprofessional but it alone is classless, disgusting and novice. What else to expect from NBC and the Toronto Sports Network.

9. DarthAlexander says:

I don’t wish harm on anyone, not even Chara, but I do have to admit that seeing him get a puck in the face was a nice little treat. Considering what the sob did last year, I’m not going to cry a river over it.

I am sure if it were PK who got it in the face in Boston that they’d all be horrified and toss out anyone who dared to chuckle.

“We only have one person to blame, and that’s each other.” – Berry Beck

• Dr.Rex says:

Boston fans are far more classy. At least they have the decency to boo the one minority on the ice.

• DarthAlexander says:

God did I ever get laugh from that. Thanks.

“We only have one person to blame, and that’s each other.” – Berry Beck

• krob1000 says:

I have no problem with booing him every time he touches the puck…or every time he elaves the ice…but when he takes a puck to the face you cheer?? disgusting …heck even when Cole went at him or when Koivu, Begin and others run him….I am fine with that…but if the guy is hurt he is hurt…you just don’t boo….I can’t believe how many of you don’t get it…painful

10. Kooch7800 says:

“I was on the google” as my dad would say. I was looking for Tinordi highlights from this year. He fought Zach Smith in the preseason and did quite well. Then I clicked on a link with Zach Smith scrapping Nathon horton:

Here is one spirited tilt. Horton got cranked a couple times in this one

• Forum Dog says:

Yup yup. Good one. Hadn’t seen it before. Love the way Smith comes in and replaces whoever it was that Horton was trying to intimidate at the draw. Horton probably didn’t feel so tough afterward.

Which is why I love seeing White back in the lineup. No fear, no backing down. Just pushback. All teams need it. Good teams have players that can do it and still play 12-15 solid hockey minutes.

11. 44har48 says:

I have been critical of Darche this year…heck down right brutal. I think the guy is the poster child for the sorry state of affairs with the Canadiens when he gets 20 minutes a night and PP time to boot.

Having said that, what a sweet goal last night, I was happy for him!!! It is amazing what playing hard and going to the freaking net will do for ya – the only reason why he is in the lineup. Any other Hab players not named Cole reading this post?

Off topic, I had to go outside in 20 degree weather with no coat, hat or anything last night to cool off after Marchand hit Emelin. My blood is starting to boil just typing this. Max, Miller, a slew of others, Emelin, wtf???????????? When does it end? This guy pounds your big guys into the boards all night and like a bunch of babies, you react with that hit???

I love fighting in the game for strategy reasons, I like big time clean hits, and I like a little dirty stuff too that gets policed by the players. My problem with this edition of the Bruins is the constant intent to injur by these a$%holes and the league does nothing but turn a blind eye. Max hits a guy (granted a bit of a run and probably a penalty) but intentionally leaves his elbow in, and gets suspended??? Really, after watching the Bruins play on any given night????

Sorry for the rant, I am just beside myself.

12. H.Upmann says:

I have a mental image from last night where GLove was pinned to the boards and yelling at AK46 to come in and help battle for the puck. Obviously nothing happened and the puck went back to our zone. That’s a lot of effort for 7mil. Pathetic.

13. NL_habs_fan says:

All this crap about the fans cheering after the Chara “injury” (read:scratch). Come on, I admit I cheered too, he dropped like a giant bag of potatoes. He never stopped moving, he wasn’t laying motionless on the ice.

I’m willing to Money on it that if Chara was knocked out the cheer still would have happened but once everyone realized what was going on the arena would have been silent, and the cheering would have happened as he was being carried off the ice. Much like we all cheer when one of our players shows he’s alive as he is carried off the ice.

We’re fans, it’s a reaction, Chill out Stubbsy.

• 44har48 says:

I cheered when he went down because I honestly didn’t see the puck at that time – my kids were nutso and need to go to bed. I thought one of our guys lambasted him and he was all loopy. Man, I was loving it. When I realized a puck came up and got him I wasn’t as happy, but I have to tell you, didn’t mind it at all. He wasn’t going to die, he will live another day to hit someone else into the stanchion.

14. J_P says:

Chara’s a classless brute. Until he suffers a career ending injury, justice will not have been served. I don’t care what the nhl or anyone else thinks, chara knew exactly what he was doing. Cheering when someone gets hurt is completely classless, but chara is completely classless, so he deserves it.

• mattyboom says:

I agree that Chara is classless. I think booing at someone’s injury is classless. But you can’t beat classlessness with classlessness. You can only beat classlessness with class, and that is why I support what Plekanec did and why i condemn habs fans for what they did.

Plekanec gave the Canadiens and their fans to be in a different boat with the classless bruins, but after what booing Habs fans did, we are now in the same boat as shit head bruins fans. It’s unfortunate, but its true. Besides being more knowledgeable of hockey, there is now very little difference between bruins fans, and the bums who were booing when Chara got injured.

• RJ says:

I fully agree. Only disappointment is that he didn’t get hurt more severely. Karma will catch up to this piece of shat.

“My face is my mask,” Gump Worsley

15. habs17 says:

PG should blow this team up and rebuild, first of we trade cole 2nd trade moen, 3rd trade gill, 4th, trade kostitsyn, the reason you trade cole is because he is our best player right now lots of value 1st rnder and prospect for cole (35) lets rebuild this team

I support Scott Gomez

16. punkster says:

Normally I’d be all Mr. Sensitivity about the violence in the game and react with horror at things like cheering a player taking a puck to the face.

Normally.

This was not a normal situation and never is when we’re talking about the Br00ns.

I damned Marchand’s low bridge while screaming for payback in kind with as much blood as could be spilled, then I cheered the the puck to Chara’s face with facetious glee.

I’m a bad person… a very, very bad person.

F the Br00ns.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• secretdragonfly says:

Well said. You can be sure if the positions had been reversed and it was Pleks lying on the ice at the Gahden, the mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging fans would have given Chara the key to the g-damn city.

If that makes me a bad person, so be it. I haven’t actually kicked any puppies or mugged an elderly lady who just cashed her pension cheque. Sheesh, some people need to get a grip.

• Timo says:

you need spanking.

17. avatar_58 says:

Hypocrisy – what marchand did to emelin? Cheerworthy for B’s fans. What Emelin did to Thornton? Cheerworthy even though it hurt him. What Subban did to marchand? Cheerworthy, and I bet it hurt a lot more than a puck to the chin.

Oh but a puck hits someone? LOOKOUT. Don’t you dare cheer. I don’t care if it’s a minor scratch – don’t you dare cheer. No class.

Some pain is ok to cheer for, others not? Yeah sports fans don’t make sense to me. Last time I checked I’d rather be a hated winning team than a team full of “class” in last place.

• sims says:

have you ever taken a puck to the chin from an nhl’er? no subban hit would hurt that much

either way, i cheered by myself at home when charas face got in the way of plecs clear. he almost killed someone and got away with it…so class or no class I LIKE IT

18. Rainrocket16 says:

Everyone who is upset that fans were cheering the injury to Chara can kiss my white ass! If it was any other team we would feel bad. If it is a Bruin then its ok, enough said. You haven’t been a fan long enough or you take too much midol if you feel the fans aren’t justified to boo! How little we forget!

I do give props to Chara for coming right back, good on him. But I am Happy it hit him. Just wish it was harder!

19. Mr_MacDougall says:

@ Cheering Chara injury

Could it be that the fans were cheering the potential breakaway?

I was cheering for the break, but, after seeing Chara on the ice after Thomas made the save, I cheered Chara.

Also, why was there no highlight packs of the game last night that included the Subban – Siedenberg(sorry I don’t google Bruins) hit?

20. Mr_MacDougall says:

All three guys (MacLean Kypreos, Millard) said that Shanny blew it, big time on the Marchand hit.

Kipper said it was sickening.

• New says:

I don’t know. I have a hunch they are going to come down very hard on Marchand but don’t want it to be “iffy”. Marchand is talented but has no respect for players. They want him in the league. The way to do that is to correct his behaviour but not give him and his organization a martyr on a cross.

• krob1000 says:

I didn’t quite hear what he said but Crawford made some remark last night hat Gregory Campbell would be getting a phone call….I didn’t qutie catch it…for Marchand to do it so soona fter his other one, for it to be more malicious in that Bruins were clearly targeting Emelin all night, and for it to be so close to injuring him…it is brutal…..I think even the Thornton hoit away fromt he play on Emelin was deserving of a suspension…that possible reason is there for that hit???

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Thorton attempted to elbow him in the head, blindside, Emelin didnt have the puck.. pretty simple, Habs are much more physical, and stronger.. Bruins are VERY dirty and feel entitled.

• Kooch7800 says:

Marchand will get his sooner or later cause he isnt’ a big guy. Someone is going to just toon him and I will laugh my ass off when it happens. I was always taught as a kid playing hockey that there is always someone bigger than you out there so if you take liberties on someone be prepared to get it back. I hope that holds true in his case. He is a meathead so I am sure it will happen

21. Steven says:

Needless to say, this season’s probably a write-off. That being said, our lineup looks pretty solid for next year:

Pacioretty – DD – Cole
    Bourque – Plex – Gionta
    AK46(?) – Eller – LL
    Darche – White – Moen

Markov – Subban
    Gorges – Diaz
    Kaberle – Yemelin

Price
    Budaj

That could be a lot worse. We have 3 strong forward lines, an actual energy line and a solid defense, along with Price in nets.

Of course, I’m aware that Moen might be goin, as well as Kostitsyn, but getting rid of Gomez(which I’m almost sure will happen) gives us a lot of potential to improve on those spots and maybe fill out from top to bottom.

Along with the good prospects we have that are on our way, we might not be too far from being contenders.

• Cardiac says:

A lot more question marks than just AK.

Moen might not be back. Gomez is up in the air. Same with Markov.

– Jerry Maguire

• Timo says:

We need 2-3 more Eric Coles and one or two more Ryan Whites (hopefully with a bit more talent). Also there is nothing solid about Diaz, Kaberle and Markov. We need another Emelin with more nasty in him.

Then we can talk solid.

• Ozmodiar says:

Pretty similar to the line-up going into this year, and look where it got us.

That defense is not solid and I doubt White will center the 4th line.

I’d say it’s a solid line-up going into July 1st, but not so much going into October.

• Steven says:

With Gomez hopefully being gone, there’s at least potential to improve on what we have.

It would be a real let-down if they didn’t touch the team throughout the summer. We’re not there yet, it would be foolish to go about the off-season like we were.

• jmsheehy19 says:

I was thinking something more along these lines.

Patches – DD- Cole
      Cole – Plekanec – Cole
      Cole – Eller – Cole
      White – White – White

Gorges – Subban
      Emelin – Emelin
      Emelin – Diaz

22. krob1000 says:

I am very disappointed with the amount of people on here that think it is ok to boo an injured player….disgusting. Let’s just start cheering all injuries sport or not sport related….everywhere…after all everyone has done something wrong at some point in their life right…they are only geting what they deserved?…..oh wait you bought a ticket and that entites you to something? …..disgusting.

• bleedhabs81 says:

I didn’t hear any booing when Chara was hit in the face. I heard a standing ovation.

• Cardiac says:

Remember, Rocket still gave Ted Lindsay “the look”…

– Jerry Maguire

• G-Man says:

If that player is Chara, Lucic, Marchand, Thornton, Boychuk and Mr. Floppy, it is by all means a thing to cheer for. I have hoped for their whole team receiving concussions and broken neck, the punks.

• Bob_Sacamano says:

Some just don´t get it. It wasn´t an injured player, it was f´n Chara.
      99%+ players of all other teams would receive a different reaction. The rest of your comment is even more ridiculous. Most people here are just honest and no hypocrites and that should be appreciated.

23. Roy93 says:

Can we just close down the site and re-open next September? It’s quit depressing just checking in lol. This team is so cr@p it’s like watching a circus act. All I want to hear right now is the Habs have traded Kaberle, Campoli, Gill, Gomez (demoted), Gionta, Weber, Kostistyn, Darche. Am I missing a pylon?

• The Cat says:

I dont get it. The habs have been playing pretty well the last 6 games or so. Theyre above crap anyways.

• bleedhabs81 says:

How would one go about trading Gionta? Or are you talking about later this summer (you know, since he is out until next fall)?

and why exactly are you hating on Darche and Kostitsyn? Darche is not the best but he has been playing better than a lot of people give him credit for.

and, another bandwagoner piling on kostitsyn? I am not sure why everyone is pooping all over this guy. He deserves critisicm, sure, but he puts up good numbers for being bounced all over the place and having limited ice time (and playing with Gomez). For the right price, I would say he is a pretty decent in his current role. Maybe they should put him back with Eller (I can’t recall why he was even moved off that line… defensive issues?)

• :lol: I shut er down too after the season is over. I think I posted 5 times over the summer. Far too may other things to do than other than sit indoors and surf the net.

Shane Oliver
      http://www.Sholi2000.com Inc.
      Custom Sports Figures
      Brandon, MB,Canada
      R7B 2R7
      hockey@sholi2000.com
      Ph- 204 724 8418

24. I wonder if Carey will play for Team Canada or will he be so turned off hockey he’ll move right into Summer training for his second biggest talent.

I hope he goes, give us something to watch in May.

Pacs will be on Team USA for sure, and Cole may pass on USA.

Pleks will be a Czech

Diaz and Weber with the swiss

Not sure about PK, and don’t know if there are spots for Josh.

Anyone else to the World’s?

Shane Oliver
    http://www.Sholi2000.com Inc.
    Custom Sports Figures
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

25. matt jordan says:

I think the canadiens should play darche with Gomez. Their talent level is about the same, while the effort level is the extreme opposite. I want the canadiens to explore every avenue in trying to embarrass Gomez into playing better, scoring more or better yet, retirement…

26. mattyboom says:

Chris Campoli is by far the worst player on this team. I would much rather have a bulldog playing instead of him. Every game i hope he is scratched, but somehoe makes it into the lineup. He has done NOTHING for this team except make bad plays. The good plays he does make can probably be made by any defenseman in our system (except for maybe gill). I dislike Kaberle too. He is just as bad defensively, but atleast the guy can do something offensively. Campoli needs to be traded for anything. doesnt matter what. I will take the following: 7th round pick, box of chicken wings, a new hair comb, and some socks.

27. jedimyrmidon says:

Something I consider a good sign: the past two game, even if they lost, they have twice been able to make up a 2 goal deficit. Sure, in the Carolina game, they ended up blowing a 1 goal lead, but at least they mounted a 3 goal comeback.

And yes: blowing leads is unfortunately a problem this year. But the thing is, I don’t think this can be blamed on not playing JM’s style of sitting on a lead, which is a good sign, really (the alternative would be trying to sit on leads and “practicing” that).

28. Boomer says:

I wanna see the video of shanny explaining why marchand didn’t get suspended… if i find it im gonna post it

29. DorvalTony says:

Great watching Randy C freak on the refs last night. A coach with a pulse. Wonderful thing to see. The world didn’t come to and end did it? (Maybe he should have “moved on?” lol)

30. habs17 says:

i must say i wanted darche off the team earlier this year, saying he was useless but i would like sign him to same contract again 1 year 750 000 the guy has happily proved me wrong for once

I support Scott Gomez

31. Bripro says:

*RING RING*
    Hi Stevie, it’s Brendon.
    I hope you don’t mind but I have to bow out of our usual family dinner this sunday.
    Claude called me last night for a “C” favour.
    ….yes the same that I gave you at the beginning of the year.
    Anyhow, the Julien family are having a big BBQ and they’ve invited me and the wife….
    What’s that? You’re invited too? Ohhh you’re the one who told him who the “C” initial belonged to. Oh, OK that explains it.
    What’s that? Who’s up in arms? Canadiens fans?
    Like Gary says, who gives a rats’ ass about those Canadiens?!

32. DorvalTony says:

I like Stubbs, he’s a fine writer and a nice guy (maybe too nice) but how many columns is he going to write on how awful Canadiens fans are for not letting bygones be bygones? The Chara incident was a series of escalating attacks which culminated in not only the terrible injury to Max but the added insult of Chara’s complete exoneration by Colin Campbell and the NHL. If Stubbs and Ray “Classless” Ferraro can’t understand why the fans are so hostile maybe he should check out a photo of Rocket giving Ted Lindsay ‘the look’ forty years later. Did he “move on?”

• krob1000 says:

What is your point? The Rocket didn’t move on so nobody should? Maybe that is why we get so many bum calls then…the refs should never forgive the Habs then for him slapping one in the face and punching others according to your logic.

• DorvalTony says:

My point is those who profess shock and outrage at some hyenas in the Bell Centre for their bemusement (or worse) at Chara’s misfortune are completely out to lunch. Chara’s attack was not a single act it was a *series*of *escalating* attacks ending in the awful Pacioretty injuries. The NHL did nothing and to add insult to injury later suspended Pacioretty himself for a lesser offense. “Hockey play” my tucchus.

Rocket was subjected to a litany of stick attacks, fouls and racist insults and taunts for years. If he turned the other cheek he would have been Inge Hammerstrom not Rocket Richard. It’s a dirty violent game and if you want to wear sandals and a bedsheet you’re going to get f*ed the way the Canadiens have under Gandhi Gauthier and Boob Gainey. Never forget. That’s my point.

• krob1000 says:

Sounds like you have issues with the NHL…which is more rightfully placed otherwise you are saying it is OK for Chara to use those tactics..that is what Rocket would have done…so I guess Chara should be applauded for injuring Pacioretty who wanted to wear sandals and a bedsheet. You think players don’t taunt Chara? he looks like an evil character out of a fairy tale….I wonder what Steve Begin used to say to him.
          It is classless to cheer an injury…that simple. You can say to yourself that is karma..heck you can say it to someone else..but you do not cheer. you just don’t do it…when someone gets hurt….seriously hurt normally guys on both teams will tap their sticks when he gets up…..even in the NHL. At the instant that happened it looked serious…Chara doesn’t go down easy…but it caught him ont he chin…no way of knowing that when the “fans” started cheering.

• bleedhabs81 says:

DT still talks about Halak every chance he gets… so I think he is a prime example of not being able to move on.

33. HabsFan82 says:

RC can do what ever he wants – Til he puts – Bourque, Pleks, Kostitsyn together – this team will never get any better – these three guys along with Cole, Desharnais, and Max-Pac are the main core of players on this team and if they can’t get it done this team is doomed – yes, lines are gonna have bad shifts, bad periods, and bad games as well as individual players but you have to play your best together if you want a chance to win it didn’t happen with JM and it’s not happening with RC – this team will not make the playoffs because of it – 4th liner playing on the 2nd line – 2nd liner playing on the 4th line – come on a junior coach knows better than that – RC you may be a good coach – but like JM your line combos is your failure. you’re 4 game winning streak thank price for most part and when he’s not on it shows.

• smiler2729 says:

Makes sense but that ship has sailed, AK46 had his chances with Pleks and played himself to where he is now – the useless spare parts line with Gomez and the various other wingers.

__________________________________
      Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

• Le Jadester says:

I have to disagree with AK getting his chance with Pleks ?
        Gomez makes players worse.
        Either way, he should be playing with Eller IMO.
        Why would Randy break that line up ?

Habs, OLE !

34. Danno says:

I like Ryan White.

He’s a scruffy, scrappy dog.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

35. SmartDog says:

So what’s the Marchand ruling? No harm, no foul? Shanahan really is a moron.
    ————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

36. pH-Habs says:

On the note of the Man who’s Worth his Cunney, I’m enjoying his audacity. Although he hasn’t often scratched players, he has sat them cold. And it’s nothing personal. If you play well, you get ice time. Seems simple. Kinda like when Guy used to reward players in PP/shootouts. It worked well. Maybe that’s all AK needs, is someone who knows how and when to play him.

• Cardiac says:

If we trade AK, he will get top trio ice time including PP time and will score 30+ goals. Guaranteed.

– Jerry Maguire

• shiram says:

I like AK, but let’s be honest, he was not putting up those numbers when he was on the first line here, I don’t see why he would elsewhere.
        25 goals and 50-55 points, sure he can reach that on a top 2 line with PP.

• Cardiac says:

You’re probably right, but I’m convinced that he’s young enough to get a fresh start with a new team. Look how Latendresse magically put up 25 goals in 55 games when he got traded.

– Jerry Maguire

• shiram says:

Sure it could spark him up.
            But look at Sergei, he’s doing good, but he’s not on fire.

• Lizardking89 says:

You’re right on the money bro, these players that the Habs give up on and trade away have a habit of biting us in the ass later on.

• Kooch7800 says:

I really wouldn’t use Lattendresse as an example. he put up 25 goals in one year and has barely played since cause he gets injured cause he is out of shape

• Le Jadester says:

If you mean with Pleks, then I don’t think he’ll put those numbers up either. Pleks is a shutdown guy.

ANd yes I agree with you, If Randy let Eller and AK play out the season and gave them some PP time, then I think he would pretty much get those numbers here too.

Habs, OLE !

• mattyboom says:

Agreed. I think trading Kostitsyn would be a mistake. He’s a big body who likes to hit and score. He was on fire when he had a set line with kovalev and plekanec a few years back. We all know he can be inconsistent and sometimes play below is potential, but you can’t expect a player to do well without chemistry, and you can’t develop chemistry when you play with different players practically every shift. His play worked well when Carbo was around, I wonder if carbo would have any interest returning as an assistant coach to maybe be in charge of the offense

• ABHabsfan says:

One exception to your theory, how does Kaberle even get out of the room let alone get valuable minutes? It’s like they put him on and just HOPE something good happens. And by something good I mean not a goal against which is usually the case.
      Powerplay specialist? I really liked that wide open wrister he let fly last night wit no one in front of the net, that was special alright.

37. Cardiac says:

So after vowing to never attend a Bruins game in person with fear of murdering someone, I finally gave in and here are my observations:

The Good: Are Cole and Pacioretty something or what? Without these two, we’d be in Blue Jackets territory. A lot of people were skeptical as to whether Cole could score without Staal. To be honest, it’s been quite the opposite. This guy makes other players around him better, a true example of a leader and a mentor for Patches. Both these guys will probably end up with 30 goals by April.

The Bad: Campoli and Gill. Say what you want about Kaberle… At least he has 15 points in 29 games. Campoli, 5 in 20. Also, I wasn’t shocked to see his career plus/minus is -41. That’s Wisniewski territory. And to think we threw $1.75 million at a guy no one else in the league wanted! Which brings me to the guy that supposedly every team in the running for the Cup would like to have, the 6’7 pile-on Hal Gill. Like Gomez, I don’t give a rat’s ass how much “leadership” he brings to the team or how he’s such a “great guy in the dressing room”. This old pony has had his last ride. All the limb-flailing he does on the PK does not make up for his lack of speed on chasing down pucks or coughing up the puck on sloppy passes (last night…hello!).

The ugly: Gomez. Scott Gomez. That should be enough, but I will elaborate a little. Wanna know what’s worse than watching this chump play on TV? Watching him play live! Why? Because you get to see how he is WITHOUT the puck. The air of nonchalance that secretes from pores is nauseating! He coughs up the puck at the blue line, he always looks for the perfect pass instead of throwing the puck on net and hoping for a rebound and, worst of all, dumps the puck into empty corners where we all know he will never ever go to fight for the puck. Based on his play for the last 3 seasons or so, how did he get so bad so fast? Maybe he should start secretly wearing a Devil’s t-shirt under his jersey to remind him of the good ol’ days when he was actually a productive player in the lineup.

– Jerry Maguire

38. habs17 says:

really liked the way we played last nite, unsure about eller benching, every1 played good except campoli, this guy is just awful. cole, pacs, D.D, played great and gomez played another good game him and white looked good together

I support Scott Gomez

39. aj says:

We need a captain in this team right now and Gosh Gorges should fill that void. What do you think guys?

40. Bripro says:

So The-little-rat-petit-Salo Marchand gets nothing.
    I guess the disciplinary committee and Marchand have the same genetic makeup.
    No brain cells. Neither has learned a thing!

41. Danno says:

Marchand not suspended?

Bucking Fruins

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

42. Laramy87 says:

Sitting in my car listening to hockey central and darren millard on the no disciplinary action for Marchandn “more preferential treatment for the bruins”.
    Aint that the truth

43. habfan53 says:

Some thoughts on AK
    I understand that he is inconsistant but why the coaching dislike (will not say hate) for him.
    Last night after the game they showed 2 charts one ice time during the game and ice time on power plays in both AK was 8th among forwards. YET he is 3rd in GOAL SCORING behind Cole and Max.
    When AK was paired with Eller and Moen that line was productive and was becoming defensively responsible. why break them up??

I have a feeling that he will be gone by the end of next week and he is going to be an updated version of John Leclair .
    AK is a solid 25-30 goal scorer given the chance (time and linemates) he is big and CAN throw his weight around.
    Until this week he has not openly complained .

I just hope we can fix it I would like to keep him here.

to paraphrase Nixon: If the Bruins do it, it is not illegal

• Mattyleg says:

I don’t think the coaches dislike him, I just think that fans bandwaggon on him because it’s easy to agree with someone who says “he sucks!”

As for his benching, it only happned because of his turnovers and not sticking with the team plan. It happens to lots of players, and he was given plenty of ice last night and he took advantage of it by playing hard.

I agree, and hope we can keep him too. He’s been with us all the way, and has never complained despite being shifted around all the time.
      I like him and think he offers us great depth.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• ed lopaz says:

AK 46 gets paid over 3 million per season to play EVERY GAME.

He is not supposed to decide when he wants to play and when he wants to float

if every player only put in an effort when they felt like it, the team could not function as a unit.

think of playing pro hockey, like going into combat in the army.

you can’t arbitrarily decide when you will defend your post and when you will be distracted in the army.

you would be dead inside of an hour; and you will be letting down your unit.

the same holds true for any professional, who is PAID to participate as part of a bigger group.

the group DEPENDS on the individual to bring his FULL EFFORT all of the time – not just randomly from time to time.

So let’s stop defending AK 46.

he knows exactly what he is doing and he continues to do it.

• habfan53 says:

To compare hockey to war is a little out there . The first is a GAME the second is life.
        I agree that he does not show up for every game but VERY FEW atheletes do. This is true for hockey, baseball and basketball. that it is impossible to show up all the time. Players like Gorges, Cole and Darche yes Darche are few but even thay will tell you that there are some games that they are all not there.

to paraphrase Nixon: If the Bruins do it, it is not illegal

• Mattyleg says:

I don’t agree.
        I pointed out yesterday that he has the second most hits on the team, and in the 8 games he had no hits, he had at least one point in all but two.

He is 3rd in scoring and tied for 4th in points.

And he missed 10 games with injuries, and has been shifted around from pillar to post.

I think fans judge him on what they think he can do rather than what he does. The only issue I have with him is his defensive play, but as I pointed out yesterday, that has a lot to do with Carbo and his willingness to overlook his defensive shortcomings because he was playing so well with Kovy and Pleks.

Same thing won’t happen to Eller thanks to JM (and RC a bit), but I think that AK’s advantages outweigh his shortcomings.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• ed lopaz says:

AK’s very first shift last night – after 3 terrible giveaways has him benched the previous game – his FIRST SHIFT –

he is skating over the Bruins blue line with the puck, and he decided to BLINDLY backhand a pass to no one!!

the puck is turned over, Boston comes down the ice, and gets a decent shot on goal.

that’s not defence Matty.

that’s simply not listening to the coach’s instructions.

The Habs are being coached today to play “DIRECT HOCKEY”.

That means that the players and the puck should be moving directly, and with as little deviation as possible, towards the opposition’s zone and net area.

Especially at the other team’s blue line when they are confronted by the defence, turnovers there are a killer for any team, and can not be tolerated if a team wants to win more than they lose.

This is the PHILOSOPHY of the team today.

This is basic and fundamental to playing for Cunneyworth (and many other coaches in today’s hockey at all levels)

AK 46’s first shift, he f-cks this up.

He could have dumped the puck.

He could have skated wide toward the boards and forced the d-man to go with him wide.

But AK 46 plays in a fog!!!

By the way, I love his talent – he has superstar talent.

• JUST ME says:

I really do like A.K. even though he does not show up every night. A 20 goal scorer every year is a keeper in my book.

I must disagree with you about the treatment he gets from R.C and the dislike that you pretend he gets from him. May i remind you that A.K. received the same treatment from all the past coaches ,Carbo and Martin. I do not think the problem is behind the bench.

As for him being switched from linemates to linemates it has more to do with a coach trying to wake him up and bring more consistancy to his game.

44. Kimberly2u says:

If they get rid of Cole I will be extremely upset

45. joeybarrie says:

Playoffs are a very very long shot.
    But we have seen some good stuff this season. We might see Markov before the season ends, and that will gauge his potential for next season.
    We lose games and we are closer to a higher draft pick, which I admit I am salivating for. But I do not believe in tanking, and would not want players to do so. Let the chips lie where they fall.
    We win and we come closer to the dream.
    Last game of the season might knock out the Leafs, and I have tickets.
    Best part of the rest of the season is seeing what moves we make for our soon to be UFAs and what we get, which will obviously not be enough for 90% of the posters here.
    either way the rest of our short ride will be interesting.
    MaxPac for 36 goals.

46. Propwash says:

Does anybody know why the league took away the 20 minutes of sudden death O/T?

_____________________________
    Don’t let the wultures getcha.

• shiram says:

Shorter games are more appealing to Tv networks.

• Propwash says:

Networks like NBC who only show games once in a blue moon?
        The tv networks that actually show NHL games are dedicated sports networks, and the CBC.

_____________________________
        Don’t let the wultures getcha.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Players didn’t want it. After regulation they’re playing for free.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Mustang says:

If they really don’t want the game to go on and on, and they don’t want to have any ties, why not play 4 on 4 for 5 minutes, then go 3 on 3 until one team wins? I am sure that a 3 on 3 game will not last very long. While I’m at it, why the hell are some games worth 2 points and some games worth 3 points? That has to be one of the most stupid ideas I have ever heard of.

• ABHabsfan says:

You have my vote, I have always thought 3-3 would better decide a game. All games should be worth 3 pts, or go back to ties. Some games being worth 2 and some 3 is just dumb

• Mattyleg says:

I don’t know… That goes on too long, and you’ll have some pretty bushed players. Not useful if you have a game the next day.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• ed lopaz says:

the players union has voted against extending the overtime.

after all, why should they play more for the same millions??

(removes tongue from cheek)

• ABHabsfan says:

I don’t believe there has ever been a 20 min OT in the regular season.

• GrimJim says:

If you mean for regular season games, it never existed. Prior to the 1983-84 season, games that ended regulation in a tie had no overtime. Each team was awarded one point for a tie and that was it. 20 minute periods of sudden-death overtime only existed in the playoffs. In 1983 the NHL introduced 5 minute overtime for regular season games with no shootout – end overtime without a goal and each team got one point. Shootout were added after the lockout. Playoff games were the only ones where you keep playing until someone scores and that is still in place.

47. Dr.Rex says:

My ten random thoughts today:
    1) Eme is a beast and will one day soon be the guy that all the patriotic scumbags in Boston will be booing
    2) Thornton put on a brilliant performance after he was nailed by EMelin. A class act no doubt.
    3) Crapberle was just as responsible for the Pouliot goal as Campoli was. Horrific positioning by #22.
    4) Cole and Gorges give me hope moving forward.
    5) The move to jumpstart AK and GOmez by threatening to bench them clearly did not work.
    6) Hopefully those interested in Gill have missed the last 2 games cause if not his value just went from a 2nd to a 3rd.
    7) TIm THomas is more important to that team in yellow then most people think. HE hides alot of holes in that team.
    8) Does Scott GOmez really have 8 points this year? It feels like he only deserves 3 or 4.
    9) IM starting to think that rat is a compliment to Marchand. Maybe Lyndon Byers can give him some tips for his hair style.
    10) ANyone else think Jack Edwards would make a good spokesperson for Genital wart cream?

48. Mattyleg says:

Last night’s game was great.
    Let’s hope we can keep that intensity up!
    This could well be our playoffs now, so I’m looking forward to an exciting few weeks!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• shiram says:

Yup it was a great intense game, loved it for the most part.

• Mattyleg says:

I honestly hope that when Bettman is finally assasinated, or eventually suffocates from having his head so far up his own butt, that common sense will prevail and we will get rid of these shootouts.
        There is NO NEED FOR THEM.
        Professional hockey went along just fine with ties for….hmm… EVER since it was invented, until El Shrimpo decided to degrade the game into an All-Star “Skillzzzzzz” competiton.

As soon as it goes into the shootout, I cease caring. I don’t get worked-up, I don’t find it exciting. At the end of every shootout, regardless of the result, I roll my eyes. It is beyond ridiculous.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• shiram says:

People like it, they cheer for it, and it has some kind of intensity.
          It is ridiculous to decide the game that way, and there’s that magical third point that appears out of nowhere.
          Most of the stuff like that, that I dislike, I usually find it’s to make the game more marketable.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Matty – my simple devious plan to get rid of Bettman is to spread the rumour that he is personally standing in the way of NHLers attending the Sochi 2014 Olympics.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Mustang says:

RE shootouts >>> I agree totally but what do we know? We’re just hockey fans whereas he is an over-paid midget commissioner. This fool and his gang have done everything possible to make the NHL into something between pro wrestling and a reality show.

• Bripro says:

Buttman’s NBA training in the vertically-challenged program has not only alleviated his inferiority complex, but has taught him to compliment his ego and to appreciate the finer things in life.
          Perhaps we should send him a complimentary Habs-fan Chateauneuf-du-Pape, with our secret blend.
          I promise, he’ll be the only one to sample it.

• ed lopaz says:

I agree – this IS our playoffs right now!

And we’ve won 4 of our last 6, so do we advance to the next round??

Seriously – Habs is supposed to be ‘entertainment” and anyone,

including you Timo (whose posts I always read for some reason)

who was not entertained by last nights game should find another hobby.

I would rather lose every game playing the way we did last night,

then sneak into 8th place on the back of Martin’s snorefest hockey system.

We skate, we hit, we forecheck, we even fight!!

full value for lying flat on my couch watching RDS,

and full entertainment value for those paying to see the game.

that’s what the boys are paid for.

• Mattyleg says:

I just ruined my laptop screen ticking your points with my red pen.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• habsnyc says:

if they could play every game like last night, they would play every game like last night. the problem is they can’t play every game like last night. but sure if they could play 82 games with deparation, that would be more entertaining than playing 82 games with indifference.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

49. ZepFan2 says:

“Andrea Markov”

Oh, is Markov’s sister in town?

‘The Weasel’ gets nothing…shocking…NOT!

———————————————————————-
    “Wins? We don’t need no stinkin’ wins!”

50. punkster says:

So a repeat offender gets called for clipping yet no suspension?

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• Propwash says:

Proof positive that the NHL doesn’t give a damn about player safety, no matter what team they’re on.

_____________________________
      Don’t let the wultures getcha.

• jmsheehy19 says:

I don’t see what’s to get upset about. He was punished for an illegal action, and then came back and did the exact same illegal action without repercussion…

OHHHHH Now I get it. Yeah we should be pissed.

51. Propwash says:

Carbon copy of the Salo hit, and Marchand gets away with it. Absolutely ridiculous. Just sickening.

_____________________________
    Don’t let the wultures getcha.

What I like about today… I am back in the mode where I was before the 4 game winning streak. Completely not interested in this season anymore. Thankfully there will be no more teasers like that. But I am looking forward to another interview with Scott Gomez and a novel on what a good guy he is. Those are always awesome.

… and I can only hope RC is not back next year.

• habsfan0 says:

But RC’s French has improved dramatically. Apparently, he’s in the running to be back.

• Marcusman says:

I agree, his choices in last night’s shoot out was terrible…it’s like he doesn’t have a “feel” for the game that ended….Cole, Pleks and Max and we have two points this morning.

The Bad dog wet paper approach to the rookies also has to stop…let the play already.

54. habs_54321 says:

yesterday jack edwards did an interview on tsn990 does anyone have a link?

55. krob1000 says:

Is “no meeting” the same as no suspension…what if it is a telephone thing?

nevermind I see HIO says no discipline..I was looking at the post below

What are they practicing? Their 9 irons? Might as well start their vacation early. Losers.

• krob1000 says:

Gomez was supposed to be driving, Ak was supposed to be chipping and instead the whole team has been putting….it is driving wedges between players and coaches already

57. Bigdawg says:

Even IF markov comes back, what are the chances he gets another big injury?

I say 50%

this means we need to aquire a top D now (if you believe we can make the playoffs) or in the offseason when getting one coiuld be cheaper. This is our #1 need.

We should think of Markov coming back as a bonus and not somehting you can count on. Unfortunately.

• aj says:

I would rather have Markov than to have a player like Kaberle on this lineup regardless of the outcome this season’s end. Unless, he get’s injured again. Hopefully not.

If he’s getting better and 100% ok, then RC should be using him now and try to find ways on making this team back on track.

• Bigdawg says:

you can’t compare Kabs and Marky. kabs is a defensman and markov is a DEF-ENSE-MAN. He is/was our Lidstrom and now he is gone and until he is replaced by someone from the same universe -> all star, veteran, PP leader and defensively intelligent we will struggle. Kabs is barely one of the above

• G-Man says:

Ok, Dr. Bigdawg. Get your diploma from the same establishment as Dr. Recchi?

58. jimmy shaker says:

RC is considering going to Budaj vs Price as the tender in the shootout! I say, it can’t hurt! But the team needs to score, which they really don’t have anyone that can do that, one on one since koivu and kovy have departed!

Shaker

59. smiler2729 says:

Boone, the ‘i’ is nowhere near the ‘a’ on the keyboard, can’t be a typo… hmmm….

__________________________________
    Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

60. Mike D says:

So I have to ask, Boone…..

Was calling him “Andrea” a Freudian slip, or an intentional humourous quip?

– Honestly yours

61. arcosenate says:

I see the delay in Markov’s return now, he’s actually had a sex change, that can be hard to bounce back from. I hope Andrea gets well soon.

62. shiram says:

No meeting for Marchant for his hit on Emelin.
    Reported by Richard Labbé on twitter.

63. aj says:

Like I said, if its Habs vs B’s, its all smooth sailing. If its from other teams they do this like what Marchand did to Emelin, they will get suspensions.

We need upper NHL ppl to put favoritism on the Habs since our team is in dire straights this season.

64. Bigdawg says:

its not shanny’s fault – he is not allowed to discipline the B’s without getting permission first.

We really need to get one of campbell or bettman’s kin to play for the habs. Who cares if they can’t skate, or drive or feed themsleves. I say go after bettman’s granny and put her on the fourth line!

oh the visuals :P

65. shiram says:

Hal Gill injured Perverley with a knee on knee and was not called.
    Probably won’t get disciplined either.

Reffing is pretty awful…

66. ZepFan2 says:

That maybe true, but ratboy has been suspended for the same bs before. He’s a repeat offender.

———————————————————————-
    “Wins? We don’t need no stinkin’ wins!”

67. shiram says:

I too dislike Marchand.

68. ZepFan2 says:

Isn’t that the same as saying, “I need air to breathe”. :razz:

I gain at least 2 pounds every time I look at your pic. lol

———————————————————————-
    “Wins? We don’t need no stinkin’ wins!”

69. HabFanSince72 says:

“It’s Boston” can’t be right because he got a suspension last time.

It’s Montreal (on the receiving end) has to be the explanation.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

70. Dr.Rex says:

I went beyond sarcastic.

71. habs17 says:

yep i agree. if that’s classless, then i don’t want to be classy, too bad for chara

I support Scott Gomez

72. bleedhabs81 says:

Here it is folks. We finally have insight as to why HH can be so mean, bitter, and so quick to belittle.

Did your team wear kilts? All the field hockey players in my hometown had to wear kilts…. of course, all the players were girls. It was, however, my favorite sport to watch in highschool.

73. kholdstare says:

Agreed, and it wasnt even that funny.

74. King of Bonshaw says:

What good is Plekanics if he can’t get the puck up another 3 inches and smoke that clod between the eyes. He never should have gone over to see if he was okay either. Check on him in the off season.

75. habs17 says: