Video from Canadiens Wednesday practice

ColePractice

Only a few players were available in Brossard.
With great reluctance, Erik Cole talked about his career-best 31-goal season.
And Josh Gorges said nice things about Frédéric St. Denis.

The Canadiens did not practice on-ice Wednesday morning.

Scott Gomez, Brian Gionta, Travis Moen, Mathieu Darche and Tomas Kaberle were on the ice early for conditioning drills with Pierre Allard.

The team had an off-ice session.

Randy Cunneyworth took a day off from the media … and we from him.

•  •  •

The Canadiens have signed Greg Pateryn to a professional contract.

The team announcement:

Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier announced today the signing of defenceman Greg Pateryn to a two-year contract (2012-13 and 2013-14). As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Pateryn tallied 15 points (2 goals, 13 assists) in 41 games this season with the CCHA’s Michigan Wolverines. The 6’02’’ and 212 lbs defenseman served 65 penalty minutes. He played one game in the 2012 NCAA Frozen Four, presenting a +1 differential and three shots on goal.

A native of Sterling Heights, Michigan, Pateryn, 21, recorded 43 points (6 goals and 37 assists) and 143 penalty minutes in 142 games since his college debut with Michigan in 2008-09. He was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the fifth round, 128th overall at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. Pateryn was acquired from the Maple Leafs on July 3, 2008 with a second round draft pick in 2010, in return for Mikhail Grabovski.

1. Mavid says:

but I love Viggo…..:-)

2. Mavid says:

its Mrs Hoity Toity..but you can call me mavid toity..

3. The Gonk says:

Nice to see Pateryn sign. Shorter deal than other prospects but this gentleman may be headed to medical school sooner than later. The Bulldogs will have a lot of new faces next year and perhaps some of them will eventually crack the big team next year too. At least Gauthier has done a good job at signing these prospects and any news like this, in this miserable season, is always welcomed. Now let’s get Beaulieu signed – he’s the real deal.

4. Mavid says:

my heart is broken..thank god I am leaving for Hawaii tomorow..I can drown my sorrows..and get away from these annoying Sens fans..as it looks like they may actually make the playoffs..

So the Jets kill off a quirky 4 min. double minor then, a minute later Boyle who lost his tooth on previous penalty gets a goal.

Rangers 3 Jet 2, poopy!

6. Habitant in Surrey says:

The Globe & Mail: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/video/video-magic-johnson-group-buys-la-dodgers/article2383874/

…Magic Johnson & Stan Kasten purchase the Los Angeles Dodgers for 2 billion dollars

…anyOne here born in the forties or fifties like I, would be today quite impressed how much the world has changed, even though there is much to still despair about

…in 1946 (one year before I was born) the Montreal Royals was the Brooklyn Dodgers’ (now Los Angeles Dodgers) main farm team, …the Royals was where Jackie Robinson broke the ‘colour barrier’ and was the first black man to be allowed to play in the so-called Major Leagues,

…Branch Rickey, the Dodgers’ President & GM was the visionary that had the fortitude to sign Jackie Robinson, as well later the first black Latino player, Roberto Clemente …both initially had to have great mettle to withstand the pain of racism while society adjusted

…growing-up in Montreal in the 50s & 60s for Me it was a pretty ‘white world’ …the cultural differences were mainly language (French or English), or religion (Protestant, Catholic or Jewish) …these ‘differences’ sometimes had their challenges, but were mundane compared to when I left the relative (then) tolerant cocoon of Montreal

…one year, I was 6 or 7, My Mom and Dad had a disagreement about something, …normally We took Our summer vacations together, once school was out …My Dad had planned a trip to Maine and Massachusetts as normal …but, that particular summer My Mom told Dad she was instead taking Myself and My sister on a Greyhound Bus ride to Vancouver

…Dad was shocked and disappointed, …and My Sis and I were also shocked but excited little Kids anticipating the unexpected adventure

…to make a much longer story tolerable, …’the trip’, by bus, south of the Great Lakes, across the Northern United States, and up from Washington State into British Columbia, was this little boy’s wide-eyed first discovery how absolutely beautiful British Columbia is …as well, it was an education on the visceral racism and intolerance in humanity

…’racism and intolerance’ is NOT unique among white peoples and Christians …it is universal

…it exists in ALL of Us

…’the trip’ My Mother took Me on that summer was the beginning of a passion within for adventure and travel …it was also the beginning of an education of human nature

…visuals that have stayed with Me ’til this day include the bus stopping for an old black lady somewhere in Illinois or Michigan, My Sis and Mom were sitting together, and I was sitting alone with an empty seat beside Me at the front of the bus (I enjoyed watching the driver turning that big steering wheel, and Myself making note of every passing detail, farm fields, gas stations, villages, towns, cities and bridges) …anyhow, the old black lady climbs in and was about to take the seat beside Me …She smiled at Me, and I smiled at Her …but the driver gruffly points out to the lady ‘You KNOW You are not supposed to sit THERE M’am !’

…I watched, very confused, the old lady shuffling towards the rear of the bus, without she saying a word

…in South Dakota, I remember sitting in a bus depot …I was excited because I was a huge fan of cowboy movies back in the day …from Sunset Carson, Johnny MacBrown to Roy Rogers …I was in cowboy country ! …actually ‘excited’ wasn’t quite adequate :)

…after We ate ‘a pile of flapjacks’ (pancakes) in the rustic old restaurant, We went into the waiting room to await the connector bus to load …I sat on the wood bench and was looking in awe what seemed native indians, some actually for some reason in buckskins …awed, I would elbow My Sis to ‘look look, He’s wearin’ buckskins !’, and bored she yawned, falling back to sleep against My Mom’s lap

…meanwhile, a large bronzed-man with 2 pony-tails and a friendly smile over his buckskin jacket sat beside Me, asking Me where I was from …”Montreal”, I said …”thought You were not from around these parts” he smiled …he explained he was Sioux and was ‘going home’, as he was returning from working in Australia as a miner

…We talked about his adventures in Australia and in the Korea War, and I had told him how I always wanted to be a cowboy …he joked, so did He …all was perfect until the station-master walked up and interrupted, pointing-out to him ‘this side for whites, that for indians’

…before moving, he said “here, this is for You”, and opened a leather pouch, and handed Me a fist-full of Australian opals …I sat there with the opals overflowing in My small hands, and thought to Myself how much this did not seem fair

…in My teens, I joined the US Marines …which was My first experience of ‘living’ for an extended period of time outside Montreal …as soon as they ‘screamed’ for Us to get off the bus at Parris Island, I knew this was going to be a ‘unique experience’ and a wild ride :) …including racially

…I think most whites growing-up in Montreal felt no overt racism existed in Montreal, or Canada …today, I am a little more aware that was from My ‘white’ perspective’ …I am certain it was less naive from Montreal’s then black community

…anyhow, even though the ‘purpose’ of USMC bootcamp is to ‘beat’ the shiftless, soft civilian out of You, and remake You into a lean, mean fighting machine …a soldier, a ‘group’ with common purpose and resolve …real-world ‘reality’ still could not completely eliminate racism

…in My experience, ‘the group’,’the team’, composed first, 1/3rd blacks who ‘hated’ whites; second, 1/3rd whites who ‘hated’ blacks; and third, blacks and whites that ‘got along’ just fine, singing Drifters classics together around a fire at bivouac, clubbing together, sharing ‘leave’, and trusting Our lives to one another

…I experienced walking into restaurants, in uniform, with fellow black and white buddies and being met by redneck owners with baseball bats (not a wise thing for those ‘owners’ to do, because their restaurants did NOT look the same after We left :) …but besides the point :) )

…and, in the deep South, that ‘rule’ I first experienced being implemented on that Greyhound Bus years before, blacks to the rear of the bus, was an everyday occurence …different bathrooms, hotels, and restaurants for blacks, George Wallace …it was a wake-up call that this world has a lot of problems

…in the military, and later in My professional life, I traveled much of the world …and found ‘hate’, racism and intolerance is not exclusive to Europeans, North Americans, blacks, whites, Christians and Jews …it’s pandemic, …as We see everyday in Our newspapers and online

…from rival villages of headhunters in Papua New Guinea to the killing fields throughout Africa, the Middle East and Asia

…so, the election of President Obama, and the ironic purchase of the Los Angeles Dodgers by Magic Johnson are things I don’t think many of My generation thought We would ever live to see

…but, We now have

…on one hand ‘We’ve come a long way, baby !’ …yet, reading about the HIO poster that was banned last night, it underlines as well ‘We’ve still a long way to go’

_________________________________________________________
    HIS’ Official Habs’ Fan Theme Song: Morrissey ‘There is a light that never goes out’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjObvIQtsLk&feature=related

…the Montreal Canadiens organization and Our Fans, as a whole need to feel this current cold frigid splash of reality, …this process will, hopefully, give Us a long needed sense of humility, not humiliation …and help to revive and renew Our tattered culture of high hockey ideals, and ultimate success in the near future
    …ride the wave, is all We can do as Fans: …Ownership must make the right choices, persevere, and act not talk

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• boing007 says:

I live just two blocks from old De Lorimier Stadium. There’s a plaque of Jackie Robinson just near the bus stop at the corner of Ontario Street.

Richard R

• Bill says:

That’s a long story, but it got good once you joined the Marines. :)

Full Breezer 4 Life

• SPATS says:

Nice story Christopher. Thanks for sharing. I rarely read past the first paragraph of the longer ones here… (yet I expect others to read my long winded rants) I travelled a similar path in 1997. Down the 401 to Windsor, dancing along the Michigan Indiana border, up around Chicago, thru Wisconsin and across Minnesota, South Dakota, the northeast corner of Wyoming and then big sky country… Montana. At the time, reasonable and prudent was the speed limit on I-90 in Montana, and we were reasonable and prudent at 105mph in our Buick Park Ave Ultra. A short skip thru Idaho (where a dude in a pickup passed us while we were doing 90 only to flip up ahead in Washington just outside Spokane) The end of the line? Victoria BC.

Montreal has been ‘back east’ and not ‘back home’ ever since.
      Victoria and beautiful BC is home.

As for the racist stuff, you are correct there sir. A lot of new racism is the reaction to old racism. It’s a cancer that will get settled one day.

It is not known with what weapon World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. (Albert Einstein)

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

• LafleurGuy says:

Racism is a subset form of hatred. No rational expectation.of hate ever vanishing from people’s emotions. The destruction racism wreaks, the horror, the horror.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• Bripro says:

That was a great story Chris.
      I was right along with you, riding that bus.
      We travelled mostly east and south as a kid. Took the bus to Gaspé, and discovered family and country that didn’t know about racism.
      But during my favourite family tirps, I lay on the rumble seat and would watch the stars go by at night or the mountains through New Hampshire, my dad whistling all the way to Cap Cod, or New Hampshire, or Lynn MA or Florida.
      Nothing like a road trip!

Nice thoughtful post H in Surrey. Appreciate the story.

• HabFab says:

A bit of Doctor Zhivago meets To Kill A Mocking Bird, but all literary masterpieces.

• ProHabs says:

who got banned last night.

• Jim Edson says:

Chris,

Your assessment is correct.

As someone who witnessed the Klan parading every Saturday afternoon in the early 70’s when working in Mississippi and Texas to the smiling racism of Asia you are on target.

There are countries in Asia which today treat people worse than the deep south of the 70″s based solely on race.

Strange though in North America the racist tone got worse the further south you went but in Asia it’s reversed.

JE

———————————————————————-
      What does the Commissioner of the NHL do?

In short, a league commissioner is the action man for the Board of Governors.

They tell him what they want done and he works to make it happen through his subordinates while making sure that individual franchises play by the rules.

******** Translated if you haven’t won the Stanley Cup in 40 years your NHL team is becoming irrelevant in a sports mad city long behind MLB, NFL and NBA teams, you just tell the commissioner(who you gave a new contract at 7 plus million per) to make it happen and the rules are bent sufficiently to action the command.

7. The Jackal says:

Habs fans are in textbooks!
    Studying for Canadian Politics exam and this little tidbit made me laugh a bit.
    “…this was only noticed when some American media outlets reported the booing of the American national anthem at a hockey game in Montreal!”

• Hobie Hansen says:

I didn’t like the fans booing Briesbois, I didn’t like the fans giving Roy the Bronx cheer and it made me sick when Price was booed but booing the American anthem after they bombed Iraq for no reason was cool.

• HabFanSince72 says:

‘No reason’ is grossly unfair.

They bombed Iraq to steal their oil.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• HabFab says:

And don’t forget for Cheney’s company to steal billions in rebuilding it afterwards.

• Bill says:

Hahaha ;)

To COMMANDEER their oil.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Jim Edson says:

Aren’t you confused?

It was Saddam who bombed and looted Kuwait for Oil and money because Iraq was broke and needed cash flow from existing and flowing fields as his own were in tatters from years of war with Iran and embargoes by the UN.

The thought that anyone got instant Oil from Iraq is a joke!

At the moment anyone there is on production sharing contracts where all facilities and costs are paid by the foreigners and nobody gets anything especially oil until the local needs are satisfied.

They are starting from scratch for the most part due to neglect and sabotage.

Was in Basra 6 months ago live in flak jacket and in colour.

———————————————————————-
          What does the Commissioner of the NHL do?

In short, a league commissioner is the action man for the Board of Governors.

• HFX-HabFan says:

Or classless, either or

Not a fan of talking politics, but booing an anthem isn’t cool to me. Hate Bush, hate Cheney all you want, but I know far too many good American people for me to ever support booing their anthem. I personally was embarrassed by it.

8. Ya Gotta Believe says:

Going to the Flames and Kings game tonight. The two sutter brothers meet again, lots on the line, should be a great athmosphere. Wish my habby’s were playing these type of games. Oh well I am excited about the draft.
    Cammy’s been getting points lately, but it is great that Habs got rid of him, he’s soft as molasses and easily taken off his game. Bourque will come around, next year he will have a career season, like Cole has. Except we will be back in playoffs, Ya Gotta Believe

Hey HIO! I am on skype now! Wonder if we can incorporate it on here somehow. It is fantastic. Any ideas!

• Rugger says:

Skype is great, our daughter spent a semester in Europe in 2010. Skype saved us much $$$ in phone calls and we got to see her smiling face.

• HabFab says:

Ian, I don’t believe you can do en mass, but also we had a troll brawl here last night. Man that could get real ugly fast around here…there are not a lot of gentleman around here such as yourself.

You raise a good point Frank. Seeing some people in typed letters may be more than enough.

• HabFab says:

When he was flipping out, imagine a finger, a moon or worse, echhhh!

Yah i missed most of the flipping out but caught enough that I definitely don’t need to see any visuals.

Is our season close to over yet Frank? I am not sure there is even 1 team I can cheer for in playoffs, I may actually avoid the playoffs this year.

• HabFab says:

If your fly boys get in, you may as well support the boys from the hood :)

Yah not sure they have much of a chance, but am hoping.

• neumann103 says:

Gerald,s

For many HIO posters I have such indelible images of what they look like it would be disappointing to see the cold harsh reality

I see Bill as the wacky maniacal Kirk Muller on acid publicity headshot

I picture Timo as Ali G – a somewhat more restrained and logical character than his self hating Habs fan posts.

The space alien kid

The mentally defective I support Scott Gomez teenager.

We have a million of them

I almost don’t want to know the reality that skype would bring.

And in confidence, I am not really a 350 pound mailman, who lives downstairs from Jerry, but I don’t want to burst anyone’s bubbles

“Et le but!”

Haha, oh too funny, hope you didn’t mind my Seinfeld comment I just love to relate so many of life’s funny instances to Seinfeld.

Great funny post.

• Bripro says:

I’ve gotten visuals on several people on this site.
            I’ve been thinking of caricatures of most.
            It would make for a great Alfred E. Newman cover.

• HabFab says:

Do you remember when Robert L found a picture of Yeats and created a persona with Yeats picture as his avatar? Poor Brian was wondering which family member was messing with him as this persona with his face kept challenging him.

• neumann103 says:

I can’t respond to some of the above directly (due to the HIO threading limit) so will reply here

I was a Mad magazine reader in my youth and a huge fan of Seinfeld in my young adult years and find no offense in being compared to a postal nemesis or a What me worry? mascot.

The HIO community is a bit like radio, you fill it out with your own imagination. Given the cast of characters we have here it can create quite the mental image

“Et le but!”

• Bripro says:

This is what I looked like as a kid.

This is how I turned out.

Just gives you an idea…you never know.

• HabFab says:

Growing old sucks, doesn’t it! “sigh cough cough sigh”

• Bripro says:

Wadja saaay???

@Bri, why do I believe the present picture more? Your a goof, and I say that with the highest respect possible! :)

• Bripro says:

You know the old saying Gerry.
            If you’re not worth a laugh, you’re not worth much.

Edit: Speaking of which…Frank.
            Your comment on Yeat’s Avatar.
            You had me peeing my pants!!!

10. thorandresson says:

Just read somewhere that Pierre McGuire was saying that the Habs really want Huberdeau from Florida. It’s just a rumor at this point and kind of a wish.

Anyone else agree with me with saying that Huberdeau is better than any of the guys available in this draft?

• Trisomy 21 says:

I read that scouts think that Yakupov and Grigorenko are both better than Huberdeau. So no, not me. I’d trow Gachenyuk into that mix too, despite him missing most of the year.

• HabFab says:

What are you basing that on?

• thorandresson says:

That Huberdeau is awesome? I’m basing it on watching him play a few games with Saint John, his crazy performance in last year’s playoffs and that he was the best player on the ice for Team Canada at the WJC’s.

• HabFab says:

I have also watched him play and although he was one of the better, he was not the best at the WJC IMO.

• thorandresson says:

then who was IYO?

• HabFab says:

Stone

EDIT; don’t get me wrong, for if we had the 3rd pick this season and Florida would accept it straight up. Then yes, but not with additional assets as suggested by some.

• thorandresson says:

I heard the rumor was our 1st and a 2nd, then again the lottery hasn’t happened yet so I don’t see this being true.

Anyways it was just food for thought.

• martincurran55 says:

I hardly noticed Huberdeau in the last WJC. The only reason you want him is because he is french.

• thorandresson says:

Actually, I don’t care about french players, however I do know that a french player would shut up a lot of the pundits who whine about not having enough french players and it would also make him very marketable.

The fact of the matter is, Huberdeau is a really great prospect and the fact that he’s a homeboy makes him more interesting to the Habs.

• otter649 says:

Basing on being French….

• HabFanSince72 says:

I (like everyone else on this site) don’t have enough knowledge of the players to make an informed assessment of Huberdeau versus Yakupov or Grigorenko.

If you compare the two Q players:

Last year Huberdeau had 67 games 43 goals 105 points.

This year Grigo’s numbers are 59 40 85.

Fairly comparable.

Huberdeau is probably the safer bet and one year older, so Florida would not trade him for Grigo even up.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• ont fan says:

I don’t believe Florida is considering on moving Huberdeau no matter how hard you wish.

• alwayssunny says:

I expect to see the Habs trade for Huberdeau and it has nothing to do with McGuire. It will take more than their pick though. It will be interesting to see what Gauthier and Gainey are willing to part with to make the deal.

11. The Dude says:

Here’s how I see next years line-up for the Canadiens :
    Pacioretty -Desharnais-Cole
    ? Eller ?
    ? Gallagher ?
    ? White ?

Subban ?
    Emelin Markov
    Dias St Denis

Price
    Clemensen

Roy- Robinson
    Timmons : G.M.

12. dtoight says:

How did u guys get your avatar up???

13. Aybara says:

Wanted to repost since blaming Price for shootout losses seems to be in vogue.

Mtl is 25th in SO Scoring%

Jonathan Quick,
    Ryan Miller,
    Pekka Rinne,
    Martin Brodeur,
    Jaroslav Halak,
    Henrik Lundqvist,

Note: These are only the big names who have played a reasonable number of games. There are some outliers both up and down who rarely get a shot in the SO but have crazy numbers.

14. steve17 says:

I remember reading that Larry Carriere, the current assistant GM in Montreal could be the next GM. Apparently he has 20 years experience, including time as the assistant in Buffalo. He is one of the “under the radar” guys. Some say that Molson may not promote him because there may be another fan and media backlash for promoting from within and not looking at all available candidates.

The article pointed out that he may have been moved behind the bench as an assistant to be able to evaluate the players from within the room to get a good idea of the character of the players. He had never coached before so it may have been nore than just adding a French speaking coach behind the bench. He is from Montreal and bilingual. Maybe this is his audition for Molson to see if he may be the right person for the job.

For all we know, Molson asked and received permission to speak with other candidates. All I know is that, in my humble opinion, both Gainey and Gauthier need to go. Montreal needs a GM that speaks to the media and fans on a regular basis. Not necessarily to tell everyone exactly what he is doing, but to share the vision for where the team is going. Other GM’s do it.

I do not want Martin. If he wants a team that wil bore the other team to sleep as a coach, what would he do as the GM?

Habfan17

15. JayK-47 says:

The season is drawing down, I’m looking forward to the draft and seeing a healthy team return next year but one thing’s been bothering me. What is going to happen to all the Hamilton RFAs who haven’t shown the skills to make the leap? The Habs have picked up prospects and are about to graduate a few of their own to the AHL. Is this the last “pro” hockey for some of these guys?

16. steve17 says:

I am happy they signed Pateryn. He has size although I think he is closer to 223lbs than 212. Hr has a bit of a mean streak and he is older and more mature. I am hoping he can become a 5th/6th dman whi is able to clear the net and throw some heavy hits to keep the other teams honest. If he can play in Montreal like he played at Michigan, Pateryn will be solid!

With Ellis, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Nash and Bennett on the way, the defence should be solid for years. When you add in a more mature Subban, Emeiln, and Gorges for leadership, there will be a good balance between the young players and the vets.

Habfan17

17. boing007 says:

Pat Quinn for Habs GM.

Richard R

18. 69HABS says:

This was posted at the bottom:

1996-97 Detroit Red Wings
    Chris Osgood 47GP 23W 13L 9T
    Mike Vernon 33GP 13W 11L 8T
    Mike Vernon plays every play-off game and wins Cup

2005-06 Carolina Hurricanes
    Martin Gerber 60GP 38W 14L 6T
    Cam Ward 28GP 14W 8L 2T
    Gerber gets yanked in game 3. Ward wins the Cup and the Conn Smythe

Carey Price plays more games per season than those Cup winners combined in a season. Let those said Goalies play 70 + games a season and see if they would have enough left in the tank to even get to the second round never mind the finals.

I would love to have these disscusions face to face …..

OH, I didn’t know that the 05-06 season had 88 games & his #’s don’t add up for the 96-97 season either. So what he says in here means NOTHING ….

19. HabFab says:

Via twitter;

Greg_Pateryn; Excited and blessed to be part of the @CanadiensMTL organization

mac_bennett; Congrats to @Greg_Pateryn on signing a deal. Can’t wait to see my cut on that big signing bonus. #friendshipfees

These two are not only defensive partners but also are roomies. Another room mate makes his NHL debut tonight for Nashville, goaltender Shawn Hunwick.

20. Habitant in Surrey says:

David Shoalts, TheGlobeandMail.com; ‘Brian Burke Deserves More Time': http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/david-shoalts/brian-burke-deserves-more-time/article2384159/

…basically Shoalts arguing Burke, and any other GM, needs at least a full 5 years before you can fairly grade his/their results (Ken Holland even suggests 10 years as being more reasonable )

……this argument Shoalts makes, likely with 5 c-notes from Burke in his back pocket, whilst hordes of Weeds fans are flooding call-in shows for Burke to be thrown over Niagara Falls in a barrel :)

…I mean, what has it been now ? …3 or 4 seasons since Burke is GM ? …AND only retrogression shown, let alone ‘progress’ ?

…and We naval-gaze about Our bitching about Gauthier …Lord love a Duck ! :)

_________________________________________________________

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• Bill says:

Shoalts is trolling, IMO. He stretches the truth all over the place to try to defend Burke.

Burke is effectively in finishing his fourth year as Leafs GM. Shoalts downplays that by saying Burke is “three years and four months” in to avoid the number four. That’s like being in grade 12 and saying your grade ten girlfriend is 15 and a half to diminish your embarrassment.

He justifies the time frame by saying that Burke arrived “mid-season” in his first year. Okay, technically true, as much as you can say being hired in the second month of the season is “mid-season”. It was November for God’s sake!

He needs five years to be judged fairly? Okay, but surely you would want to see SOME progress over the first four?? Anything?? And there’s been none, which I love.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• HabFanSince72 says:

When Pope Julius II asked him when his ceiling was going to be ready, Michelangelo said “it’ll be ready when it’s ready”.

Now imagine if ol’ Jules had fired Michelangelo right then and there, as he must have thought about, how poorer we would all be.

Brian Burke is a genius. Let’s let him finish the job.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

21. LafleurGuy says:

For those who look outside once in a while, this year will be St. Louis’ second playoff appearance in seven years. They did have Eric Johnson as a top pick, first overall I think. He’s no longer with the team. Not that they have achieved anything big, but a good model team on how to patiently build a winner.

“May you live in interesting times.”

22. shiram says:

This is cool : http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/shuttle032812/s_s29_20121055.jpg

Also I hate when it creates a new comment page like this.

RC : “Merci beaucoup.”

23. Mattyleg says:

There’s one positive that came out of last night that nobody’s mentioned:
    The unceremonious turfing-out of a particularly unbearable poster.

…and who says it’s a lost season??

—Hope Springs Eternal—

24. joeybarrie says:

Reading posts below. People STILL bashing Price. He isn’t so good. Halak is so much better. Price is the reason we don’t win in the shootout. St. Louis have got goalies for less than Price is making. Blah blah blah. Well guess what? WE had them 2 number ones. You can’t keep em both, and to say you need 2 number 1 basically goes against the point of a number 1. In fact by very definition if you have 2 playing about the same then you do not have a NUMBER 1. And lets see St. Louis keep em both, and how happy they will be sharing all the games going forward.
    And to post that Dryden and Roy have Stanley Cups and Price doesn’t…. Well neither does Halak.
    Resting Halak for a playoff run…. Ridiculous. They are going with the hot goalie, and right now its Elliott. If he keeps it up, Halak may not see a playoff game. And vice versa if Halak gets hot. And those talking about letting in soft goals obviously didn’t see last weeks game between St. Louis and Anaheim.

• HardHabits says:

So what you’re saying is the Habs kept their #2 goalie and hired a #3?

• joeybarrie says:

What I’m saying is that last season when Price was doing much better than Halak, no one said anything. When Price won more games than any other goalie in the NHL, I didn’t hear anything about Halak.
        So basically I’ll spell it out for you, IMO Price is better than Halak.
        And if I’m wrong, then you can bet your a** Price and Eller are a lot better than Halak.
        But if you want to go by your understanding of what I said and your understanding of it, then I guess St. Louis was pretty stupid to pay their backup 3 million more than their number one…

• Bripro says:

…”if Halak gets hot”.
      What? Have you watched any other than last week’s game?
      When, aside from early in the season, has Halak been cold?
      I agree that the Price bashing is ridiculous.
      You can’t compare the two right now, because the level of quality playing in front of each is at opposite ends of the spectrum, as is the coaching. But Halak has been lights-out for the Blues this year. No question, he’s a great goaltender, and it’s a shame they couldn’t find a way to keep both.

• Phil C says:

Selective memories for sure about Halak, because he was awful for letting in soft goals. The Habs kept the right goalie for sure, I’m surprised it gets debated as much as it does. I immediately suspect “troll” when someone argues for Halak.

• Bripro says:

Thanks! It’s not so much arguing for him as acknowledging that he is also a very good goalie. Personally, long term, Price is our franchise player, no question.

• jimmy shaker says:

funny,i thought the same thing about people that argued for price…thought there blinders were/are pretty tight when it comes to the bottom line!

Shaker

• 69HABS says:

Joey

Don’t waste your time with these ignorant people. I’m not anymore.

25. Propwash says:

This wouldn’t suprise me if this happened at the Bell, mind you, I’d giggle my butt off if I saw this.

_____________________________
    “Access Forbidden” gettin’ ya down?
    Hold down Shift while clicking refresh.

26. rhino514 says:

What´s frustrating is, since the tem wants to get a return on their investment, they will give Bourque the majority of the season to get it going.
    And if he doesn´t, then you´ve sabotaged your secondary scoring for half a season (since a third line can´t be productive if only two thirds of its componets are producing). That will affect the team greatly, and result in lost points which can´t be recuperated.
    It can easily end up being the difference between home rink advantage in the playoffs or not, or just making the playoffs or missing out altogether.
    Leblanc (though someone had him on the second line (!) is also a question mark at this stage, but I am somewhat more confident due to his work ethic and youth.
    This is all assuming they pick up a top six winger, which is a must, of course.

Cammy may have his injuries and other issues, but is a known quantity; his half season with the habs was a once in a lifetime aberration.
    But now the third line is a huge question mark. What if they don´t pick up a top six and have to put Bourque on the second line?
    They will live or die with him because of his salary. no way he goes to the press box.

• Phil C says:

$3.3M is a reasonable cap hit for a third liner that contributes, unfortunately he is not playing well enough to even crack the fourth line right now. He doesn’t score or create offense, he doesn’t hit or fight or forecheck or backcheck hard, so he is easy to play against. Unless he has an epiphany or someone somehow gets through to him, I’m really not sure what the Habs can do with him because you can’t win with a guy like that. Because of his contract length, buyout is not even a great option, as it would cost $8M and he would be on the books until 2020!

Rene Bourque buyout from CapGeek.com
      2012-13: $1,333,333
      2013-14: $333,333
      2014-15: $1,833,333
      2015-16: $1,833,333
      2016-17: $1,000,000
      2017-18: $1,000,000
      2018-19: $1,000,000
      2019-20: $1,000,000

27. shiram says:

Does anyone else think with the way some contracts seem to have been inflated recently (Hemsky, Ruutu), guys like Gionta might be more interesting on the trade markets this summer?
    The free agency is not great, so it could be interesting to see what teams would offer for a player like him.

RC : “Merci beaucoup.”

• thorandresson says:

I doubt they’d trade the team’s captain, I think when they named him captain it was a commitment towards the player, I’d expect to see him finish his contract with the Habs and possibly even extend that and retire. Yes he’s small, but he plays big, seems to always have the right attitude, leads by example and he helped in getting a guy like Cole to sign with the team.

However, your point would make sense with a guy like Bourque…

• shiram says:

I always felt like naming Gio captain was more of a PR move, but in hindsight I’m just glad it was not Cammy.
        Basically I’m wondering if the Habs could benefit from what could be a sellers market.

RC : “Merci beaucoup.”

• Bripro says:

They don’t have enough to offer. Not unless we want to get rid of the few who can fill the seats, like Gio, Cole, Pleks, Markov, Max, DD, Gorges and PK.
          Aside from them, there’s not really much in the cupboard. I would rather they draft high, bring the superstar in right away, and try and deal for another winger, both playing with Plek.
          Then, I believe, we’ll have a much stronger offence.

• shiram says:

Are you implying I have no respect for him, as I assure you it is not the case.
          Anyways, I was bringing it up mostly because it seems alot of scoring forwards are getting huge deals, so those older contracts might start to look more interesting.

RC : “Merci beaucoup.”

28. The Cat says:

I agree with you krob about Emelin not being the same since Malone (if thats what you were implying) Emelin’s eyes couldnt lie; Malone scared the crap out of him that night.

• shiram says:

Guy won’t fight, but in the NHL and the way Emelin hits, he was gonna get into an incident like this sooner or later.
      I hope he comes out of his shell again, because without his hitting game, he is not much of a dman.

RC : “Merci beaucoup.”

• Bripro says:

I disagree. They’ve paired him with Markov, and his responsibility is different now. But he still plays both the puck and the man very well, and has been very solid, except for perhaps last game where he struggled a little. Perhaps they’ve asked him to hit less and shadow Markov a little.

• shiram says:

Could be, he just seems alot less visible out there lately, it’s not always a bad thing for a D, but I got used to seeing him on the ice all the time.

RC : “Merci beaucoup.”

• Bripro says:

You’re right about a reduced presence, if we’re gauging by hits. I don’t think Malone’s behaviour scared him as much as the punch in the face, in the general area of the plate he has reenforcing his cheek bone. He hasn’t hit as much, but his D skills for me are very encouraging. He’s a good one.

• Mattyleg says:

No, he didn’t scare the crap out of him.
      His eyes said nothing.
      (If anything, they said, who the hell is this hairy thing, and how did he get out of the asylum?)

Emelin’s play since then has had nothing to do with ol’ Clown-Act.
      The Cat needs new spectacles!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

29. Bripro says:

We can all agree just how impressive Cole’s play has been this year.
    But I must say, given the interviews he conducts, I’m not sure I’d want him at one of my parties….bit of a buzz-buster I think.
    Either that, or the media is really starting to get on his nerves.

30. jedimyrmidon says:

The farm team will be quite stocked up next season. Always a good sign. The Habs could have a new wave of young players in a couple of years. I think, with the addition of a high pick this summer, there is a lot to be excited about in the future. Imagine if this new crop of prospects yields another three impact players like Pacs, Subban, DD or Price (okay, maybe that’s too much to hope for). I also think Emelin is here to stay so the Habs would be utilizing a lot of drafted talent on their team.

31. Ozmodiar says:

Interesting to hear Crawford’s name being mentioned here a few times.

Lately I’ve found Crawford to be awfully complimentary when talking about our 28/29th place Habs. Not a whole lot of bashing from the analyst coach. One might conclude that he doesn’t want to say anything negative that might come back to bite him in, say, a month or two.

32. thorandresson says:

Glad to hear that Pateryn was signed, I wonder if Kristo will be signed as well.

I’m excited to the see Bulldogs blue line next year with the additions of:

Beaulieu, Tinordi, Patern and Ellis (who won the Kevin Lowe award for best defensive defenseman in the Q)

• Stev.R says:

Gallagher, Bournival, Holland, maybe Kristo, maybe Quailer, maybe Pribyl for forwards. Still a little weaker than our D but looking better.

• thorandresson says:

I know and you can probably add Geoffrion to that list, unless he blows people away during the training camp.

The D looks really sick though, they all have size. I think it’s a better group of D than the one we had coming up a few years ago in McDonagh, Subban, Weber and Fisher… I think a solid D makes the rest of the team look a lot better, I’m expecting the Bulldogs to have a big rebound season and go back to their winning ways of the last 2 years.

33. Stev.R says:

I believe Hamilton either asked Pateryn to play for them during the playoffs, or next season, but he refused as he wanted to get his degree either this summer, or next. I’m a little fuzzy on the story about whether he wanted to stay in school for the remainder of this year, or next year.

If it’s just this year then he will be playing for Hamilton next season. With Pateryn, Beaulieu, Tinnordi, Ellis, and maybe Mac Bennett, there will be a lot of turn over on the Dogs this summer. Perhaps only Nash and St Denis will remain. Bye bye Mitera, Stafford, Henry, Callahan, Stejskal, Fitzgerald, Hendrikx, Malka and Fast.

• ABHabsfan says:

Pateryn cannot play NCAA next year if he has a pro contract. Against NCAA rules so he must want to finish his degree this year

“man, I love winnin'; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
      Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

34. FanCritic says:

I’d like to see BriseBois and Raymond

35. boottspurr says:

So is this what next year is going to look like?

Pacioretty, Desharnais, Cole
    Leblanc, Plekanec, Gionta
    Darche, Eller, (Moen/Bourque)
    Blunden, White, Staubitz

Subban, Gorges
    Emelin, Markov
    Diaz, Kaberle (shudder…)

Price
    Edit: Budaj

It’s a bit “meh” isn’t it?

Budaj is under contract for next season.

• Timo says:

I hope not because I don’t see any of the 2 through 4th lines providing necessary secondary scoring. And for that matter, i think next year our first line will be a lot closely checked and paid attention to that even their production will suffer.

3rd and 4th line won’t provide ANY scoring at all.

Agree re our third defensive pairing.

• TorontoHabsFan says:

Budaj is signed through next season, and there’s likely to be a lottery pick forward amongst the Top 6. A 3rd line of Leblanc-Eller-Bourque is actually pretty intriguing to me.

I don’t know about you, but that D looks awesome to me – a full season with Markov, Kaberle, and Subban on the PP should translate into a return of our top ranked PP – which would likely result in a comfortable playoff position.,

• mrhabby says:

defense is still fairly soft (iam being nice)
      down the middle is still suspect. (eller, dd and pleks cannot continue.)

this lineup does not strike the fear in any team.

• ABHabsfan says:

Remove Diaz and add Matt Carle from Philly (UFA). I’d rather move out Kraperle but I think we’re stuck for the next year or so. I’m not sure Darche plays for the Habs next year.

“man, I love winnin'; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
      Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• JamesBonedOO7 says:

Plenty of time for the new GM to retool in the summer–that lineup is far from set.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the likes of Gallagher starting the season (and hopefully finishing) in Montreal.

Very solid top 4 D and #1 goalie–that counts for a lot in this league

• The Jackal says:

Man I hope not, that is a terrible third line – no offense to you, I just hope we don’t end up with that – I think we can keep LL and play him and Eller on the third line, and put our pick of this draft on that line as well, then find a guy for Plek and Gionta – then I think we are better off.
      I look at the D and think that if we keep Kaberle, we need a steady presence to play with him, I don’t know of Diaz is that guy… hopefully we make some good moves this summer.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

I think you HAVE to play Markov and Subban together. Emelin is a bottom pairing guy. They need to add a UFA that can play in the top 4 with Gorges.

Subban – Markov
      Gorges – UFA
      Kaberle – Emelin

• neumann103 says:

Pacioretty, Desharnais, Cole
      Forsberg, Plekanec, Gionta
      Leblanc , Eller, Bourque
      Blunden, White, Staubitz
      Extras: probably resign Darche and Moen but maybe Moen gets a better offer. Would prefer Moen on that third line over Bourque. He played well with Eller and his hands are as good as Bourque (who must hold the current Canadiens record for two foot redirects missing the net)

Subban, Gorges
      Emelin, Markov
      Diaz, Kaberle
      Extras: Weber, St Denis

Price
      Budaj

“Et le but!”

• ABHabsfan says:

Molson will be pleased, that line-up has a total salary of around $56M depending on what the RFAs get. Definitely under 60M

“man, I love winnin'; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
        Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• Mr_MacDougall says:

I till argue that Markov and Subban must play together (as Gorges is not a top pairing D) and that Emelin is a bottom pairing D. Also, Moen is a 4rth liner, and you do not have Gomez in your lineup.

• wall2bay says:

Gotta assume our draft pick will be ready for the NHL and in the lineup.

• The Cat says:

That 2nd line is just too weak.

• Bob_Sacamano says:

No UFAs, new players via trade or rookies? Not going to happen. Add only two or three players and you suddenly have a decent team:

Pacioretty – Plekanec – Gionta
      Yakupov – Eller – Cole
      Bourque – Desharnais – Leblanc
      Moen – White – Blunden

(Palushaj, Geoffrion, Staubitz, Gallagher)

Markov – Gorges
      Bryan Allen – Subban
      Emelin – Diaz

(Nash, Beaulieu, Tinordi)

Price
      Budaj

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Bryan Allen would be my first choice as a pickup. I do not however, like Gorges on the top pairing.

Markov – Subban
        Allen – Gorges
        Kaberle – Emelin
        (Diaz-Weber-St Denis- Tinordi- Beaulieu)

• Bob_Sacamano says:

Why not Gorges? He has constantly played the toughest matchups this season and he has done fine. Always works hard, is a tremendous shot blocker and is +11 on a not very good team. He has also played with Markov before.

Markov-Subban is too risky for me, your way the second D wouldn´t be good at all offensively and Emelin would again have to play on the right while he´s better on the left.

Well, just details, we definitely have to get an experienced dman like Allen. I also wouldn´t mind Carle but I think the Flyers will resign him.

36. dudurules says:

where do you think the habs will land in the draft? man i like that big Googooligoo guy…

37. TorontoHabsFan says:

So would we say that it’s pretty safe to assume that heading into the off-season that St-Denis has positioned himself to be the first call-up in case of injury?

He keeps up the good play and he might make Diaz and Weber expendable (always nice to see an unheralded guy play his way onto the team – like Kaberle did all those years ago!)

38. 24moreCups says:

Tom Pyatt has 12 goals this season, how did that happen?

39. 69HABS says:

LA Loyalist:

Learn to read!

A goalie can let in some soft goals can still win a Stanley Cup!

40. Mattyleg says:

Woah!
    Someone read my posts.
    We’ve signed Greg Pateryn.
    6’2″, 210 lb defenceman.
    65 PIMs in 41 games.
    Hmmmmm….

—Hope Springs Eternal—

I look forward to watching Pateryn as a Bulldog next year, now they need to convince Kristo to sign and go to Hamilton. If he is that happy in Fargo, ND he is going to love Hamilton!

41. krob1000 says:

Anyone remember the last time Emelin had any big hits? has he been spoken to or been scared off since the Malone incident?

42. H.Upmann says:

Good post Tom. I think Marc Crawford should be considered as a candidate. He doesn’t strike me as a JM type of coach. Also recall reading somewhere that he is able to get aroundin French.

• TomNickle says:

His mother is completely bilingual and he can speak french better than most.

• HabFanSince72 says:

I agree it’s a good post. The only slight negative is he won the cup in his first year, and continued to do well with the Avs and Nucks. Lately it doesn’t look so good.

Since the lockout he has played no playoff games (in 5 seasons) but been sacked three times.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• TomNickle says:

The record is not bad though. The seasons he had, if they were in the Eastern Conference are probably playoff years with the exception of one or two.

Point totals of 92, 71, 71, 88 and 95.

So my original post while nice was wrong. Two losing seasons. Both with Los Angeles.

Although one looks at that L.A. Organization and has to wonder. They have had years and years of patience from ownership and fans and while they continue to look like this is the year, are they getting any closer?

I think the GM’s of both the Kings and Sharks are on their last legs.

For all the high draft picks L.A. has had, and the patience shown by ownership, there still isn’t much to show for Playoff success wise, no matter who has been coaching them.

• Les Canayens says:

He coached the Nordiques in 94-95 before winning the Cup with the Avs in 95-96, so technically it was his 2nd season.

I agree that he seems to not find the winning way in recent years with LA and Dallas. And I cannot shake my head off the images of Gretzky not chosen in the Olympic shootout and his involvement in the Bertuzzi-Moore incident.

• Malreg says:

The image of Gretzky sitting on the bench during the shootout against the Czech Republic while Ray freaking Bourque was on the ice scarred me as a child…

• TomNickle says:

Two things I’d like to point out about his last five years as a head coach.

1. His time in Los Angeles wasn’t good but the collection of talent speaks for itself.

2. In Dallas, he struggled in the first season and actually did very well in his second season. He was canned from that post because he wasn’t Joe Nieuwendyk’s “guy”.

• greenfield says:

The one lasting image I have of Marc Crawford is smug smirk on his face as Steve Moore was being carted off the ice on a stretcher, his career and life ruined.

Not Hab material in my books.

• ABHabsfan says:

The major red-flag with Crawford is the legal suit with the Moore family, it’s going to court in September. Crawford is named as a defendant and I don’t think any team will pursue his services until that issue is settled. Otherwise I think he would be a good candidate; just maybe let the asst. coach pick the shoot-out!

“man, I love winnin'; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
      Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

43. jon514 says:

I know the players don’t want to lose games, BUT, we obviously don’t want any more points. Isn’t it time we send Gorges, Cole, Subban and Price home for the summer and let the kids rock out on the top 6 fwds/ top 4 D.

For the sake of media relations they can say training camp came early and they want to figure out what they have in the system.

I mean who are we kidding, drop 5 games to get the 2nd overall pick…

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”

44. TomNickle says:

My case for Marc Crawford as Head Coach.

First, while his teams missed the playoffs in his last five years as a head coach, he has only once in a full season finished with a record under .500 and as a matter of fact has only once in a winning season finished less than eight wins over that mark.

He has won a Stanley Cup and always gotten the most out of his talented players. For instance, what have Brendan Morrison, Mike Cammalleri, Alex Frolov, Valeri Kamesky and Todd Bertuzzi done since he stopped coaching them?

He has always had an efficient way of blending tough physical hockey with skill. And other than his time with Patrick Roy he didn’t have a goalie to speak of.

I’m not sure that he would ever admit but he is incredibly close to fluent in French.

He brings experience, a stanley cup, no language issue, and is a former professional.

• smiler2729 says:

Let’s just say he’s a better choice than Roy… hell, he’d a been a better choice than JM.

__________________________________
      Jack Edwards is a clam, Bruins are pukes.

• TomNickle says:

I think he could very well be the best choice period.

Unless somebody comes available like a Mike Babcock(not happening).

My ideal scenario for a coach and GM combination would be Crawford and Jarmo Kekalainen.

You mentioned Jarmo before and I did some research (web surfing) on the fellow. I can see why you feel he is capable, but wouldn’t he be an incredible tough sell for Molson to the fans of the Habs?

• TomNickle says:

Molson could just issue a press release telling the media and fans to look at the St. Louis Blues roster.

• Cal says:

JM has done better since the lockout than Crawford.

JM is a good coach, he is good at structure and maximizing assets. However, he refuses to have a team play with any physical edge. If the league had continued as it promised following the lockout to enforce a set of rules eliminating much of the goonery going on today, I could actually still handle JM as a coach. But he refuses to budge while the skilled players of the Habs would get destroyed by other bigger teams.

Crawford will engage the team in physical, this is also one of my only reservation regarding Crawford. I thought he handled the Steve Moore Bertuzzi incident terribly, he should have known better, I would hope he has learned from that incident. Seemed to me he lacked professionality when it was needed most.

• Cal says:

Actually, the fact he sent Bertuzzi after Moore and has refused to man up about it disqualifies him (for me). The other incident was when he was screaming at Bowman and brought up Bowman’s old head injury. Crawford can be a real a-hole.

• TomNickle says:

And you can thank Carey Price and Jaro Halak for that.

Take a quick look at the goaltending and talent Crawford had in Los Angeles.

Tom, I have found it interesting the past few weeks, how positive Crawford has been regarding the Habs and the issues they face. Perhaps I am trying to read something into it, but it seems to me like someone has already talked to him about the possibility of him coaching in Mtl. next season.

Seems diferent his views on Montreal versus middle of the season.

45. HabFanSince72 says:

Here is an interesting commentary and link to a report on former NFL players suing the league over head injuries.

It seems the NFL’s two main vulnerabilities to a lawsuit are (1) negligence in protecting players and (2) lying repeatedly about the health risks.

I would argue the NHL is similarly culpable on both fronts. Perhaps even more as they refuse to adequately discipline players for head shots, and continue to show footage of fights to sell the game on nhl.com.

The NFL can argue that head injuries stem from the nature of football. It is much harder to make that point with respect to bare knuckle fighting in the NHL.

And after the autopsy showing that Derek Boogaard’s brain was swiss cheese at 28, to continue to promote fighting is just unconscionable.

The problem is the individuals personally responsible for this: Gary Bettman, Colin Campbell, Jeremy Jacobs, etc .. will not be the ones to pay the price when the lawsuits come.

The fans will end up paying.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

46. mattyboom says:

apparently we signed greg pateryn. and earlier this year morgan ellis. gauthier is really bringing up our D in the next couple years

Offense wins games, defense wins championships. Best defense is a good offense. Vicious circle.

47. shiram says:

Who’s Viedo, and why is he practicing with the Habs?

RC : “Merci beaucoup.”

48. LA Loyalist says:

Is it over yet?

49. TomNickle says:

GM Candidates and who I believe they would hire as coach.

Julien Brisebois – Martin Raymond
    Larry Carriere – Clement Joidoin
    Claude Loiselle – Marc Crawford
    Patrick Roy – Marc Crawford
    Pierre McGuire – Patrick Roy

• Dr.Rex says:

ROy would hire Hartley and McGuire would hire his 2nd or 3rd personality.

• TomNickle says:

The Hartley “rumour” is an interesting one. But I don’t consider it serious. He’s making a pile of money overseas(non-taxable) and isn’t under a media microscope.

I’m not so sure that Molson would be okay with his brand of hockey either.

50. Dr.Rex says:

IF you could choose only one of the following to happen this summer what would it be?

a) Goats being replaced
    b) Roy as head coach.
    c) Getting the number 2 selection in the draft
    d) Gomez being ambestied
    e) Kaberle retiring
    f) Singing MA Bergy
    g) Spending a weekend at the Coors Light Mansion
    h) Bourque traded for Sean Bergenheim
    i) Bring back Kovalev
    j) Sign Ryan Suter to 6 year 42 million

51. Dr.Rex says:

If Gomez gets bought out/demoted/amnestied, does that mean Habs 17 will go with him?

52. HabFanSince72 says:

Lost in the talk about coach, GM, Gomez, draft picks for next year is one perhaps minor issue.

René Bourque.

I want that guy off the team next year.

In my many years of fandom I don’t believe I have ever seen a more unprofessional, unconcerned supposed veteran. Just a useless big lug who does zero for the team and clearly doesn’t care. He outdoes even Scott Gomez.

How anyone can think he deserves a chance at a full season in red white and blue is beyond me. How he hasn’t been benched when PK and Eller, not to mention AK46, have been benched this year is incomprehensible.

Send him back to Calgary, they love recycling. Or trade him to T.O. Anything really.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• shiram says:

Yup, he makes AK46 look great, and he has been given all the time, line-mates and even PP time to find his game, and he has not done anything really worthwhile since getting here.

RC : “Merci beaucoup.”

• RGM says:

It’s easy to forget about such an utterly invisible & forgettable player. But fear not, he’s received his fair share of scorn around here and elsewhere. He’s more of a dog than Kovalev ever was alleged to be.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
      “Scott Gomez is an elite NHL player” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• db says:

He never wanted to be in Montreal in the first place…

My friend worked front desk at a hotel in the rockies. He sees Bourque’s name on the registration card, and greets him in French. Bourque sheepishly said he doesn’t speak French. He was then asked if he would sign in Montreal (before his current contract). Bourque said that it’s too much of a circus.

I believe he likes to fly under the radar. He never looks interested in anything… he also doesn’t seem to fit in with many lockerrooms… maybe it takes him a while to get out of his shell?

• mattyboom says:

AGREEEEE. to me, it seems as though Gauthier replaced Kostitsyn with Bourque. That seemed to be his vision. what a mistake that was. I’ll never argue that kostitsyn is an incredible player with great work ethic and is consistent, because it’s not true. But he certainly makes Bourque look like an incompetent loser. The trade to remove cammy was smart, but getting bourque is a joke. maybe he’ll turn it around, but from what ive heard from Flames fans, we should expect this for a while

• LA Loyalist says:

His numbers were identical to Cammi’s when we got him and his historical numbers are pretty good. What do you think the problem is? Is it fixable with a better coach and team culture?

• Cal says:

With about $12 mil more guaranteed, Bourque is cruising to his retirement. His (and many other) contracts are arguments for not guaranteeing contracts after the first 2 seasons. This would prevent The Coasters™ from getting over-paid.

53. Malreg says:

For those certain few posters who keep suggesting the Canadiens should trade their Lottery pick for Huberdeau, or even worse, their lottery pick AND Plekanec for Huberdeau, Pierre McGuire said on TSN990 yesterday that if the Canadiens traded their pick straight-up for Huberdeau it would be worse than the Gomez deal…

Discuss.

54. TomNickle says:

I’ve seen a lot of opinions about how great Trevor Timmins’ draft record is, and for good reason. Problem is, the corresponding opinion seems to be that Timmins will have a great draft this coming June, and well, ah, with a new GM in place, he probably won’t be the Director of Amateur Scouting.

There are only three ways that I see Trevor Timmins and Doug Gibson staying on as Head of Amateur and Professional Scouting respectively. And that’s with Bob Gainey, Julien Brisebois or Larry Carriere being appointed the new General Manager.

In an ideal world Julien Brisebois is appointed the new General Manager and retains Trevor Timmins and in addition promotes him to Assistant GM allowing him the opportunity to become better educated in the business side of hockey while continuing in his duties with the amateur scouting department.

• Malreg says:

Even if they choose some other GM, there will be no time for the new GM to replace Timmins before this year’s draft.

IF there is a new GM(and that’s still a pretty big if), he’s not going to be named until at least May… He can’t hire a new director of amateur scouting one month before the draft.

• TomNickle says:

That’s completely false. A new general manager isn’t going to hire a candidate with no amateur scouting experience or even recent experience to fill in. A new GM and more appropriately a new head of amateur scouting will be somebody currently working diligently in that role with somebody else.

The only transition is preparing to address the needs of the new organization.

For instance, if Claude Loiselle were hired he could immediately bring Rick Dudley with him and not miss a beat. Timmins gone, Dudley in, prior to the draft and nothing is sacrificed from an organizational perspective because Dudley has scouting reports on his computer for every prospect who is draft eligible in June.

This happens quite often. I believe the most recent example is Minnesota in 2009.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Loiselle and Dudley are doing a bang up job in T.O. aren’t they?

Take a look at that Kadri kid. He’s going to light up the league.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• TomNickle says:

First of all. They didn’t draft him. Take a look at Chicago’s drafting record under Rick Dudley, or Atlanta’s, or Buffalo’s.

Dudley has been involved in one draft with the Leafs and it was with less than a month as a member of their organization.

And on Kadri, he will very likely light up the league if they ever let him play.

• HabFanSince72 says:

I know. I just wanted an excuse to bash the Leafs.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• LA Loyalist says:

Tom, is there any actual buzz about Bob “the builder” becoming GM again – or are you just making a rhetorical point? (which is fine)

My point is you nearly gave me a stroke. :-)

55. Marcusman says:

SO???

Would you of rather had a season like we did OR the way it went down for the Leafs?

• Timo says:

I would rather have a season like the Blues or the Rangers.

• Marcusman says:

Timo….play along, as much as u hate present management the 400 manned missed games cost us a shot this spring. had #36,#21 and #52 been healthy since xmas we might of even pulled it off.

I’d rather of had our season..

• RGM says:

D’Agostini? Only #36 in recent Habs memory. Did you perhaps mean #32 Moen?

If we’re reliant upon the likes of Darche to salvage a season, we’re in trouble. This team has been shown to be a one-line pony. Even a healthy Brian Gionta was only clicking once every four games, not nearly good enough. This teams need a big overhaul in the forward department, and that should be the top priority of the new organizational staff.

———————–
          GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
          “Scott Gomez is an elite NHL player” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• boing007 says:

Gionta had just returned from a one month absence. Three games later is was out for the rest of the season. Give him some slack.

Richard R

• Marcusman says:

I did mean Moen….my bad…

• RGM says:

@boing007 – if you want me to go prior to the injury that kept him out, fine. He was scoring 1 goal every 3.5 games, including a woeful 1 goal in 9 games stretch right up to getting knocked out of the lineup on December 8th. I like Gionta a fair bit, he’d be the A to Gorges’ C on my Montreal Canadiens, but there’s no denying that he was having a very off-season in the first half of the campaign.

———————–
            GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
            “Scott Gomez is an elite NHL player” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

• LA Loyalist says:

Oh please don’t drag out the “injuries” card to argue that the team doesn’t suck. It’s a blessing we didn’t have Markov most of the year because it allowed the harsh truth to show. Now we can proceed with fixing it, rather than staying delusional.

Pittsburgh suffered as much as us, and lots of other teams, and they didn’t float through the season like a log in the Rideau (I’d use my more colorful image but I’d get yelled at again).

• HardHabits says:

Why don’t you use proper grammar. It’s might have.

56. 69HABS says:

@ HNS

I’ve seen Dryden & Roy play hundreds of games each & they have let in many weak, soft & questionable goals. Am I saying that Price is better than the pre mentioned goaltenders? No I am not! But they all have let in not so good goals ….

57. Storm Man says:

I don’t understand something? How come manparts and HH are not on here saying how great the Blues are? this after the Blues have won 3 stright games by Shutout. Manparts…….. HH where are you… I guess no more Halak doll parties in manparts basement anymore as Elliott has made them eat a lot of crow.

• 69HABS says:

I, I like this … HE HE HE …. Mr. Storm

• LA Loyalist says:

Let’s all calendar to revisit this topic after playoffs, should be good for a few hundred posts on a slow June between the Cup and the Draft and the front office putsch. :-)

• HardHabits says:

1996-97 Detroit Red Wings
      Chris Osgood 47GP 23W 13L 9T
      Mike Vernon 33GP 13W 11L 8T
      Mike Vernon plays every play-off game and wins Cup

2005-06 Carolina Hurricanes
      Martin Gerber 60GP 38W 14L 6T
      Cam Ward 28GP 14W 8L 2T
      Gerber gets yanked in game 3. Ward wins the Cup and the Conn Smythe

The Blues are obviously resting Halak for a deep play-off run. And the Blues have Halak and Elliot for way less than Price will cost the Habs.

Sadly the Habs are not aware that a team needs two NHL calibre goalies. It still isn’t clear whether or not they have one.

58. db says:

Is this Pateryn’s first contract?? It’s listed as 2 years, wouldn’t the first have to be 3 years?

• RGM says:

Might be due to his age – may be too old to qualify for the standard entry level contract. At 21 and a college boy, there’s a different sets of rules in place.

———————–
      GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
      “Scott Gomez is an elite NHL player” – VancouverHab

Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

So Magic Johnson and friends buy the L.A. Dodgers for 2 Billion dollars, must be said in the voice of Dr. Evil with little finger in mouth.

• HabFanSince72 says:

I was at the gym yesterday and all the TSN stations were talking about “The Announcement” .

So is that what was?

Magic was a good one though.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

60. habfan53 says:

As I was watching the game last night it seems Emelin has regressed the last few weeks . Not as physical, a few more mental farts, just not like what we saw earlier

Like the DODGERS “Wait till next year”

His first season over here with the much longer schedule than the KHL season. I think next year he will have a much better idea of what to be prepared for. Of course there was that 1 picture of him during training camp where he had a roll of chub exposed and he was accused of coming to camp looking like a Sloth by many.

• Mattyleg says:

Yeah! I remember that! He looked like a 70s superstar. We’re used to another image these days.

I agree that he’s looked a bit less inspired out there.

Y’know what I was thinking? Yes? Okay, well I’m going to tell you anyway. I think that being paired with Markov might have set him back a bit. Before, he was playing his own game and didn’t have anyone to answer to, and probably got tips from Marky in practice and outside the game. Now that he’s playing with his boss, who’s told him a few things, he’s probably less likely to want to make mistakes, which means that he’s not as loose.

Whadda yez think? Astute or obtuse?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

I think you may be correct, he may also be trying to be to overprotective of Marky is getting himself out of position trying to make sure he can handle the physical load for Andrei. I am not worried about his slight regression in play the last few weeks. I think next year he will ready to go. Asssuming of course whoever our GM is, gets him signed for next year.

• Mattyleg says:

Yeah, probably that too.
            I’m sure he’ll be happy to stay here.
            And I’m looking forward to seeing him play a full season with the confidence he’s shown lately.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Cal says:

Playing on the right side is tough for Emelin + I don’t think he’s been the same since the Wild targeted him last month.

• Marcusman says:

He hasn’t been the same guy seen the Tampa game in Feb…can’t remember the last time he lined someone up…might be the case of someone tell him to “save it” as well no need to get injured this late..he was pretty awful last night..

• Malreg says:

I think he’s having problems adjusting to Markov’s style.

It’s hard for him to step-up and make a big in the neutral zone because Markov is usually already stepping up to try and intercept a pass or something.

• The Dude says:

That’s because Emelin has been challenged by the other teams tuff guy’s too back up his hits “warned” and as we all know Emelin has a steel plated broken face sooo….

61. Strummer says:

Her’s to another “Leaf- Car- Flag- Free” spring here in the GTA

______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

62. rjonline1 says:

Hey Folks,

I’m starting to think more and more that the habs may go with Murray at the draft. Would love to hear thoughts about this? PK + Murray + Price + Markov would have the backend of things taken care of pretty well, in terms of puck moving and reliable defensemen. He’s no small guy either.

Thoughts?

• Cal says:

Habs need an impact forward. Habs have plenty of D coming up the pipeline from the junior ranks and don’t need to waste a top pick on one.

• Strummer says:

______________________________________________________
        “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

• Stev.R says:

What happens if our scouts are certain none of the forwards will turn out? Then do you pick a dud to keep the fans happy, or do you take a stud because he will turn out?

• Cal says:

There are always risks when you draft players who look really good against kids. Right now, drafting another Dman for the Habs is not reasonable when impact forwards are available. If the scouts can’t find one in the top 4 or 5, they should be fired.

At the risk of oversimplifying, who we take will be predicated by what position we draft in. If we draft top3 absolutely will be a center or forward, if we draft lower than that, then different variables come into play.

But the Habs must realize this is the year to take an impact point getter if possible.

• Malreg says:

I’m more interested in Dumba than Murray. A PK Subban clone, except more gifted offensively? Sounds good to me.

63. habfan53 says:

My wish is that Pheonix finishes 9th in the west. 1 week later the NHL announces their move to Quebec City.
    In getting the franchise Karl Paladeau annouces that Patrick Roy will be the new GM of the Nordiques.
    This opens the door for Montreal to bring in Maloney and Tippett.
    Let it be like the times when Montreal had the best talent regardless of language,.
    To make all the linguist happy (like that will happen) Maloney and Tippett have agreed to take french courses when they will have the time or when Toronto makes the playoffs whichever comes first

Like the DODGERS “Wait till next year”

• habsnyc says:

Imagine Phoenix to Quebec, Labatt becomes a minority owner, Roy becomes GM and Montreal finishes behind them in the standings. Molson will have to do something.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

• canadiens_habs says:

the nordiques coming back would be the best thing possible for the habs. having two teams to choose from in quebec would force molson to assure that the habs have a good team, especially if quebec makes it into the playoffs and not the habs.

PLEASE COME BACK NORDIQUES

64. habsfan0 says:

I am of the opinion that Gauthier will be retained. Molson will blame injuries,particularly to Markov, as the main reason for Habs’ non playoff season.

Sigh.

• Cape Breton says:

Steve Y’s assistant in Tampa, according to TSN last nite, might be THE NEXT ONE.

• Stev.R says:

- Injuries (lead the league)
      -developing youth (especially inexperience on defence)
      -star players underperforming (Gomez, Gio, Subban for half the season, Cammy when he was here, Kostitsyn, Bourque)
      -slow start due to poor training camp
      -lack of depth in AHL to call up
      -players not buying into system in early part of season (JM routinely told them to pressure in third period and they didn’t)

There are a lot of things to blame for this season. I think in order of accountability, Gauthier is lower on the list than many things.

• slamtherimtim says:

you cant included PK in the same boat as Gomer or Gionta , second year pro , and PG signed an injured player , thats his own fault

• Stev.R says:

Doctors told him he was supposed to be healthy by opening day. Are we allowed to blame people for not having a PHD in medicine and not being able to predict the future?

• slamtherimtim says:

for that much a second opinon should have been taken

• Malreg says:

How do you know there was no second opinion? If every doctor said he would be at 100% to start the year, how can he not sign him?

• canadiens_habs says:

U R CALLING GOMEZ N BOURQUE STAR PLAYERS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? RU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!
        gomez is the most useless fu**ing fart to ever play n now has a curse on him for wearing Koivu’s #11.
        bourque is the laziest guy to ever play- always has been and always will be.
        the lack of depth is because the organization can’t develop any players and trades away the rest of our prospects
        and JM DID NOT tell his players to put pressure in the 3rd period!!!

• habsnyc says:

sure except for the fact that everything PG did made the situation far worse and that the team was horrible in the pre-season and never had a full roster of defensemen.

Molson can blame who ever he wants, but if that stadium in Quebec gets an NHL franchise, he is going to have to do more winning than apologizing.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

65. Cape Breton says:

Does this mean that the 11:00 off-ice workout lasts only for 1/2 hour and then they meet the press? What in the name of Rocket Richard can they accomplish in 1/2 hour? Then I guess after the press bothers them for a little while they have the rest of the day off, eh? What a frickin life! Maybe polish up the golf clubs, eh?

66. twilighthours says:

Looking through the various threads over the past 24 hours, the only thing I really have to say is that nothing should be beyond scrutiny after this train-wreck of a season.

67. Mattyleg says:

Mourning everyone!!
    (nyuk nyuk)

Bummer we lost last night, if Price hadn’t let that softie drop in, we’d have got another one before the end. The Pants were sagging in the 3rd, but we couldn’t capitalize.

One little note: I noticed that one thing the Laffs need in the off-season is a first-line center.

Well now just hold on a moment there! Hasn’t whatshisname who wrote that Glob and Pail article been reading HI/O?? Grabovski is the #1 center that we let get away!! Helloooo? Talk about not knowing a truly great player when you see one…

In other news, I wonder who we could get as a big net-clearing D-man. Any ideas/suggestions? How’s the FA market looking for that kind of player?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

Cory Sarich
      Matt Carle

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

• Mattyleg says:

In that order?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

I think that is just a random list from Kooch, Suter is the best available but will go for huge bucks. Allen and Jackman would provide great grit and size for us, if I could pick two or even just get one of them, probably prefer Allen for his ability to clear the net.

• Kooch7800 says:

it was random Burly…cut in pasted from the FA list.

I like Allen the best and you are right Jackman also is a type of guy we need as well. Kubina can also clear the net and has a boomer from the point

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

• Mattyleg says:

Yeah, either Allen or Jackman look good.
            I wouldn’t be surprised if St. Louis kept Jackman though. He’s been with them since ’01.
            I like Allen’s hits and blocked shot stats.
            Maybe Toronto would trade Komisarek back to us for Subban!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Kooch7800 says:

no…cut in pasted lol

Suter would be the best but he will be a highly coveted player.

Kubina or Allen could be could for a season or two. I also like Sami Salo

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

• HabFanSince72 says:

John Scott.

If they’re going to allow and promote fighting, let’s get a real thug.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• kempie says:

John Scott. Guy is an absolute animal. I’m ashamed to say it, but there are times when the NHL and its idiocy forces me to think that he’s be a good guy to have. Can’t skate, pass, think etc but man, he is one penitentiary-style badass and he doesn’t ask questions. When he’s on ya, you’ve already eaten a bunch of rights in a tornado of hair, fists, snot and blood before you know what’s happening.

But realistically, I’m with Kooch and the first name on his list is who I want. I’m on record as saying that Allen, a UFA in a few weeks making $3M & change is a 6’5″, top-4 shutdown guy for Carolina. I think he’s the perfect fit to bridge the gap between now & Tinordi/Beaulieu time.

Is Trevor Gillies available, or is he still spending weekends in the assylum?

• Stev.R says:

We probably won’t be able to spend more than 3m on a depth dman. That means no Suter, Wideman, or Carle. Allen and Jackman I think we might be able to get.

• 69HABS says:

Price got the memo last night! He has to follow the teams lead U know! LOL

68. gK_HabsFan says:

I wouldn’t say the team has been that bad this year. We arent being blown out of games. Yes, we’ve lost 3-0 games here and there, but most of our games have been close 1-2 goal games. Most teams around us in the standings get destroyed in their games.

The problem this year is the 3rd period. We absolutely need a shut-down D for next year. Gorges and Subban are great, but once they’re on the bench, D-zone coverage is atrocious.

• Kooch7800 says:

Campoli is the best (sarcasim)

“Like Canadian Hip hop..check us out http://www.groovecontrolmusic.com

• Cape Breton says:

I and more than a handful of others would wholeheartedly disagree with you and say the 2011-2012 Montreal Canadiens were extremely bad!!!

• petefleet says:

I wouldn’t either. I watched every game either on TV or live and for the most part, there were no blow outs. Even the games that ended with a 2 goal gap could often be attributed to an ENG. If you study the stats, I’m sure number of games we scored 3 or more is greater than the number that 3 or more were scorev against (minus ENG).
      The Habs are not far away from the playoffs next year. A repalcement for Spacek, Hamrlik and Gill is essential. Maybe 2 replacements. That leaves Campoli and Weber on tne outside looking in. I’m fine with that.
      Up front, thinbgs are not that bad. Give Bourque till Xmas to get his game or trade him. Buy Gomer’s contract out over the summer. Send Gionta to whoever wants him for whatever we can get for him. leave LL on the second line where he should be or put him in Hamilton for one more year. Keep White or Stabitz but not both. DD’s line will carry the load again next year offensvely but Pleks needs consistant winger, in every sense of the phrase. Bourque and LL could be those wingers. Eller, Darche and Moen round out the third line, pretty good I’d say.
      Markov, Soobie Doo, Diaz, Emelin and Gorges are a good starting point for the back end.
      Budaj should be replaced but with who?
      Price is solid and will win the Vezina with the right D in place. (did I go too far?)

******************************************

“It just goes to show how difficult predictions are, especially ones made about the future.”

RGM
      ***Habs Forever***

• Cape Breton says:

We could easily finish 15th out of 15 in our stinkin’ conference, you Bozo.

• petefleet says:

Huh? Represent your geographic location with class I see.

******************************************

RGM
          ***Habs Forever***

• gK_HabsFan says:

If we pick top 3, it is likely that the prospect may jump right in.

I like the DD line, but we need to distribute the offense. Having both you 30 goal guys on one line makes us one dimensional. Eller/Moen/Darche will not work.
        A fourth line of White, Blunden and Moen works.
        IMO Pleks should line up with Gio and Pacioretty. DD with Cole and whomever we draft. Eller with Bourque and LL(perhaps?).

• Stev.R says:

With 400 man games lost this year, that means that 400 times this year a guy who should be in the AHL was in our lineup.

We need a) less injuries and b) better AHLers (on it’s way).

69. mrhabby says:

Travis Moen skating…he will be the target of the laffs come Juy 1. He fits Carlyles system and played for him and Burke when they won the cup..

70. slamtherimtim says:

i thought Karberle was missing because of the birth of his daughter , when did he get hurt , think the habs should save the time and money and send those players home , none will play this year anyways , have them doing some public apperances or something.

71. secretdragonfly says:

It would be interesting to know how many Leaf fans who previously bought tickets to the last regular season game against Montreal will not bother attending – the atmosphere here in Leafland today is positively funereal.

• slamtherimtim says:

talk about tanking , worse part is next year doesnt look much better for them

• Mustang says:

I guess it is time for my favorite Leaf joke.

A guy goes into a bar and brings in his dog. The Leaf game is on TV and the dog is watching. The Leafs score a goal and the dog goes nuts running around, barking, etc. He finally settles down and just then the Leafs score again. The same thing happens, with the dog going crazy. Finally the bartender says to the owner of the dog “If the dog goes this crazy each time the Leafs score a goal, What does he do when they win the Stanley Cup?” The guy replies “I don’t know, the dog is only 44 years old”.

Yup the airwaves are full of angry leaf fans calling in for Burke’s head. Funniest was I heard a guy say the next GM is already here in Toronto and that was Doug Maclean. The caller spoke of what a great job Maclean did in Columbus, the host said to him, besides Nash what good pick did he make? The caller had no response and had to hang up.

• Stev.R says:

Leafs decided to tank one year, and a culture of losing was created that they have never been able to get out of it.

72. shiram says:

Take it as an hypothetical question then, as I don’t have the details of his NTC.

RC : “Merci beaucoup.”

73. Mattyleg says:

He did it to himself.
    Issues, you know?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

74. shiram says:

It’s actually the Spaceshuttle Atlantis.

RC : “Merci beaucoup.”

75. Mattyleg says:

Heh heh heuuuuhhhboy… (rolls eyes)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

76. Habfan10912 says:

Agree Habs. Matty should get an award. I have refused to read any of his post. He’s not the only one though. I will nominate you for one free adult beverage from me at next years summit. Cheers!