Multimedia: HIO at practice

Darche

The Canadiens parcticed Monday morning in Brossard.
Tomas Kaberle was back skating, in a non-contact jersey
(Insert joke here).
Today’s Randy Cunneyworth audio is fun for the dialogue that begins with Patrick V. Hickey asking about Rene Bourque’s ice time.

AUDIO: Cunneyworth

Video of Mathieu Darche talking about his alma mater, McGill University, winning the national CIS championship:

• Lars Eller got hit by a shot in practice. Cunneyworth said he suffered “an upper-tooth injury”.

“His modelling career,” the coach added, “is officially over.”

New drill for centres: Plekanec, Desharnais and Nokelainen, skating in a tight space, trying to kerp the puck away from each other.

Line of the Day: “Rene Bourque has a torn motivator cuff.”

•  •  •

Neil Blunden, Mike’s brother, plays on the national champion McGill Redmen.

•  •  •

Lines at practice have Louis Leblanc bumped up to wing with Tomas Plekanec and Rene Bourque.

Fourth liners: Petteri Nokelainen-Aaron Palushaj-Brad Staubitz-Blake Geoffrion

1. nickster13 says:

My 2 cents: if the habs have the 2nd or 3rd overall pick we should trade up to columbus for the number 1 pick. Give up a ster player or two to do so but Yakupov would zap some energy and goal scoring into our team

“I don’t wanna see Maurice tonight, I want the rocket!”

It’s an interesting concept, others and I have posted that Columbus cannot take Yakupov as their #1 overall pick, they have had 2 successive Russian high pick flops. (Please note, I don’t say this in the vain that Russian picks are bad, but the Jackets last 2 picks were) For them to sell to their fans that this time it will be different, I doubt they want to go down that road. So having said all that, lets assume we end up with the 3rd overall pick and they have the 1st overall, I wonder how much would have to be given up to flip picks with them?

• sanman_11 says:

Next years draft is supposed to be rather deep so Columbus might be willing to take our #1 next year plus one of our higher #2′s this year to flip. What they don’t know is our 1st round pick next year will be 30th! WORST TO FIRST in 2013 – GO HABS GO!

I’m a HABS fan not a Leaf blower.

2. The Cat says:

That Kaberle crack is funny lol

3. naweed235 says:

Cammy on a role…

• slychard says:

Spilled spoiled milk. And the heat from the flames will only sour that milk further once the honeymoon is over… Why did we not match that offer again?… they’ll say come next season when he passes the buck on his lack of productivity on his line-mates and complains, complains, complains to the detriment of the locker room’s sanity.

I hope HBO follows them next season, just so we can all see Cammy mob the cameras while his team-mates cringe in the background.

By the way, it’s…on a roll.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• The Cat says:

Everyone knew how Cammalleri was before he came here though. if there was a smurf that I wouldve tried to keep -its him. All snipers have big egos and ideally their egos are kept in check by character guys (which the habs have too little of). The other BIG problem the habs have is they dont want to face the truth that Tomas Plekanec is not as good as they think he is.

• slychard says:

OK Cat man. BUT! In theory. You are Cammy and someone like Cole steps up and gives you the one two verbally. In my opinion Cole did so not too long in the season after watching and listening to Cam. So. You won’t turn around and step up? For SURE this scenario happened, from Cole or the watter boy. Cammy is self-absorbed. Self-served, self-contained. Always have been, always will be. I have nothing against the man but, I have nothing for him as a player. He was so so the first year of the contract and incredible in the playoff. 13 goals. Excellent. You and me want more. We did not get it. So long.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• The Cat says:

I see your point. And Im not saying he couldnt have done more. There are some players that make others on their line look good, Ribeiro is one for example, Desharnais is another, but Cammalleri isnt that guy though. But the main problem is neither is Plekanec. Plekanec is a 3rd line centre on a good team. Cammalleri needs that Ribeiro/DD type of guy to be ‘on’, if that guy isnt ‘on’; Cammalleri wont be either.

• slychard says:

It’s sad really, because your point comes from my counter point, the same counter points that run through my mind before I make my posted point.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• slychard says:

By the way cat man, I’m the biggest dead-pan, even my closest friends of many years tell me I can be out of line at times and I realized many posts ago that my dead-pan humor does not translate in print like it does live… So to you that manage to read with a grain of salt…Thank you. To all others… c’est la vie!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• The Cat says:

Im not offended man, I had the whole forum against me 3 years ago when I predicted Boston would be ahead of the habs in the standings, it was a sweet victory that I ended up being right by 35 points. ^_^

• Laval says:

I can’t agree. Pleks was really good when replaced DD. He just need two good wingers.

1993 was a long time ago. 2013 coming soon.

4. Stev.R says:

Filip Forsberg has pretty poor stats, for playing in the farm league of Sweden. Has anyone actually seen him play? He was awful in the world jrs and I have no idea why he is consistently hyped so high.

Grigorenko has had his work ethic questioned and Galchenyuk was injured nearly all season. Although I still think we can take the risk on Grigs or Gally, I wouldn’t be surprised if we took a d-man. They are simply the safer pick. Guaranteed to get a stud there. Dumba, Murray, Reinhart or Rielly are going to be studs. And outside of Tinnordi, we don’t really many of the physical d-man we want (Reinhart).

• Cal says:

Habs need a forward with point per game potential. Lots of D in the minors. Tired of waiting for that kind of forward. Habs have needed one since Damphousse was traded away. And, no, I don’t count Kovalev. (Traded for, not drafted)
      Then again, Damphousse was traded for. I know! The Habs should trade for one. Screw the draft!

5. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Numbers 13 & 14 of CBC.ca’s Eliotte Friedmen’s ‘ 30 Thoughts:

…” 13. The GMs vote for the Vezina. What are they going to do with the St. Louis goaltenders? As of Monday morning, the Blues are 17 goals better than second-place Los Angeles with a true tandem of Jaroslav Halak (43 appearances) and Brian Elliott (35). They’ve got 14 shutouts between them, most in the NHL since Tony Esposito’s 15 in 1969-70. The last shared victory was 1981 (Richard Sevigny, Denis Herron, Michel Larocque), as the league created the Jennings Trophy to eliminate this phenomenon.

14. The last goalie to win the Vezina with fewer than 50 appearances was Patrick Roy in 1989 (48). Saw some suggestions on Twitter that Elliott should win it, after he whitewashed Phoenix for his eighth shutout of the year. Tough thing is: he won’t play 40 games. How many goalies have won the Vezina without playing at least 40? Zero – unless it was shared. (Bill Durnan was closest, hitting that exact number in 1945-46. Of course, it was a 50-game season then.)”

_________________________________________________________
    HIS’ Official Habs’ Fan Theme Song: Morrissey ‘There is a light that never goes out’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjObvIQtsLk&feature=related

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY