Here’s your mask, what’s your hurry?

Red Fisher on the Hawks walking away from a Stanley Cup-winning goaltender

* James Mirtle: Hawks pay the price of success

• A story on the league’s web site lists Montreal as a possible destination for Antti Niemi.

• ESPN Chicago on the Turco signing

Seguin signs

Brian Gionta highlight reel (warning: crap music)

• Another hard name to spell in at least six game stories: Buffalo signs Shaone Morrisonn

Sabres waive Tim Kennedy

Mike Modano to join the Wings

Updated FA list

• THN’s Ken Campbell on the great Nicklas Lidstrom

Obama will attend a Caps game

• HabsWatch has done an exhaustive study, Crisis in the Q

1. madcap_habsfan says:

i love p.k. too and i think he’ll be amazing for us and maybe one day he’ll be our captain, but it’ll take more  then one full season for him to gain the experience he’ll need

2. madcap_habsfan says:

please tell me you’re being a “silly sally” again..otherwise i may have to cry

3. madcap_habsfan says:

i think however some agents don’t nesscesarily take just the players interest into account, you said yourself many players(not all of course) aren’t that bright when it comes to the contract and money issues, so who’s to say certain(not all but some) agents don’t take advantage of that fact to make a few more bucks for themsleves?

4. madcap_habsfan says:

koivu’s wife wasn’t fluently french, she made an effort (she did some show with dandenault’s wife where they redecorated lapierre’s house) but it wasn’t easy for her

5. madcap_habsfan says:

that’s exactly what i was talking about in another post i did where i made the reference jerry mcguire the other day….

…”and i don’t know why but all the stuff about price got me thinkng about agents and then thinking about agents got me thinking about jerry mcguire and the me the money….and then i thought of tom cruise and i cried, but i digress do agents ALWAYS have their clients wellbeing in mind? could it be that price really does enjoy playing here and he’s willing to sign whatever but his agent is hardballing it? who knows…now please don’t persecute me for bringing it up im really just musing out loud here, doesn’t mean im right or wrong..just curious”

6. tophab says:

RIGHT ON. well put manapart.

7. Storm Man says:

My post was more about Eller who has not played a min with the Habs is taking french lessons and what a good thing for a 21 year old guy to be doing coming to a city like Montreal. You had to bring Saku into the mix for a reason only you know why, And yes I find it very funny that H-Word never did take french lessons but you have this super love for him as do a few others on here. If you don’t like what I post skip it as I do with yours.

8. tophab says:

he asked to be traded because a goalie half as good was playing when he should have been.price  won 20 of the last 70 he played.can anybody think of  worse goaltending than that ever?

9. TomNickle says:

But you didn’t call Tim(Stormman) an idiot, ignorant, stupid, a monkey or any of those choice words that James did.

And that’s why we get along and respect each other despite the numerous issues we disagree on Ed.

10. ed lopaz says:

Storm’s point was not about Saku, I brought up Saku to make the point.

Storm’s point was that Halak should be criticized for not learning French.

I felt that was unfair considering even Saku did not learn French.

11. tophab says:

how good would halak have been if he cared?

12. ed lopaz says:

the original point that MANAPART made was absolutely correct.

Storm was taking an obvious shot at Halak for not learning French.

I countered that even Saku, who everyone respects immensely, did not learn French, so criticizing someone like Halak for it was ridiculous.

That was the original issue.

13. ManApart says:

When i brought that up, it wasn’t even about a specific arguement on that day, it was my take from things as a whole (I didn’t want to go into specifics). Regardless, I was out of line getting personal like that. I went too far. I may still call you out, on what I deem to be less than rational statements, but won’t go over the line like that again.

14. ManApart says:

I didn’t hear that report. Didn’t management and Halak never even speak until he was traded? I know management were going to trade Halak no matter what happened, to give Price back the number 1, without any interference from things like performance or merit. That was their agenda the whole time.

If I have to rehash how Halak didn’t get a fair shot for the past 3 years, then you really are hopeless. Comparing Price’s benching, because of his ineptitude, to Halak’s last 3 years is just dumb. Totally different. Don’t feel like stating the obvious. What has Halak proved since he became a starter last Jan? Well, there is a lot more proving to go, but he definately proved he’s a better goalie than Price and he proved he was the best option at being the number 1 in Montreal then and now.

15. TomNickle says:

You said, within the last 6 weeks, that I needed a psychologist to help me work through some obvious issues.

You felt prompted to say this based on a disagreement we were having about hockey.

I think if you want to discuss somebody full of hot air, the mirror would be the first place to find a case study.

If you were in any kind of position to rationally evaluate somebody’s mental state, you wouldn’t do it through a computer, having never met the person you’re analyzing.

Second, attacking my mental stability in an effort to give your own argument substance only speaks to the weakness of your argument from the get go.

That’s how desperate you are to be correct.  But I’m full of hot air, yeah.

16. TomNickle says:

You’re so out of sorts that you don’t know what you’re saying anymore.

You called BS on me, but I was agreeing with you, in a less steaming way.

Yet you felt the need to insult me, degrade my mentality and it never ends with you.

You’re garbage, trash, worthless and much more.

Do you attack your family and friends the way you attack strangers that don’t agree with you?

Tim’s point, behind all of this argumentative crap, was that not learning the language is a lack of caring on the part of the captain or any potential captain.  That’s his opinion.  I disagree with it, but I don’t feel the need to call everything he’s ever said BS or crap.  I don’t say he’s ignorant, uneducated or otherwise less knowledgeable than I am.

You, for some reason do this with everyone you disagree with.  Everyone.  This isn’t a case of Storm Man or Tom Nickle, this is everyone James.  Your refusal to see that only speaks to your lack of reason or rationality.

Have a good one.

17. ZepFan2 says:

I’d listen to FallApart. He knows a thing or two about spouting “hot air” as he does it on a regular basis.

– Steven Tyler

18. ManApart says:

I’m not seeing BS? So the original point storm girl was making, that started all this, has some validity? Get real for once in your confused life. Maybe my harsh way of calling people out is getting in the way of people understanding what I am really saying. Whatever, I made my point, I’m sure others get what i’m saying. I would usually be more civil, but storm girl is a special case.

19. TomNickle says:

TSN and Sportsnet, along with several individuals with little media affiliation reported that Halak requested a trade at the conclusion of the playoffs yet again.

A monkey?  Really speaks volumes about your ability to judge players based on their merits.  An example.  You say that I spew uneducated bs, yet in my desire for Roman Hamrlik to be moved out of Montreal on the first thing smoking I’ve never referred to him in such a demeaning way.

Halak got 79 starts in the last two seasons, please tell me how that resembles a refusal by coaching staff and management to play him.

No, he didn’t do what anyone in his position would.  Carey Price didn’t do it when he was relegated to the bench and watched Halak stink the joint out in his last three regular season games and two of his first three playoff starts.

Took three years to do it?  And what exactly had he proven in his first 22 career starts?

Yeah, people who weren’t ready to call him the next Roy are the irrational ones.

20. Storm Man says:

Go lay by your dish. Talking with you is like talking to a dog.

21. K-hab25 says:

You must call yourself alot!!

22. Storm Man says:

You must be the arithmetic man, You add trouble, subtract pleasure, divide attention, and multiply ignorance. Manparts I would keep going but I have better things to do with my time, Thanks for coming out better luck next time.

23. ManApart says:

Funny how you talk about everything but the issue that I originally was commenting on. Your ignorant statement. Nothing to say on that, because it’s garbage. I didn’t expect you would say anything , just felt like calling you out on it anyways.

24. ManApart says:

Not sure what you are talking about. All I know is his agent saying give the guy a chance at playing or move him to a team that will. Who can blame him. A monkey was stinking up the joint in goal most nights for months on end and management wouldn’t give him a chance to prove himself one way or another, even though he was outplaying said monkey. When he finally got his wish, he showed how wrong dummy management was the whole time and proved his point. He did what anyone would do in his position, I’m actually  surprised it took like 3 years to do it. It was getting pretty ridiculous by last December.

25. TomNickle says:

You aren’t seeing BS James.

You’re so ridiculous that you don’t even know how to agree with anyone anymore and your attempts and conceding any kind of ill will result in creating more of it.

You thinking something is BS is only your opinion at the end of the day and claiming that everything you say is truth or every retort you have is fact is garbage.

You can poke holes in the arguments of others without being a complete jerk. It’s something I’ve tried to learn over the years and I’m admittedly not great at it but I try at the very least.

At this point you aren’t even acting human. Just a robot that attacks everything that everyone he doesn’t like says.

26. Storm Man says:

You must call yourself out alot 23 hours a day.

27. Storm Man says:

The name manapart how did you come up with that? could it be from a action movie with Vin Diesel in it. and you always have pics of guys up. What is next the rainbow flag. It is all good to love and crush on the people that you do but don’t be mad at others as we don’t think the sameway as you do. You Talk about thinking before you post time for you to use some of your great smarts you keep talking about.

28. ManApart says:

Whatever man. You seemed to be supporting Girl Storm’s statement from were I stood, Maybe I associate you two guys together too automatically, because you both know so little about what you are talking about most of the time. A lot of hot air. You say you didn’t agree with his ignorance on this issue, so good enough. As for your other nonsense on me, all I can say is I don’t have a high tolerance towards ignorance and idiocy. It may be in a rough manner, but when I see bs, I call someone on it.

29. TomNickle says:

Yeah I saw it too.

He’ll play again. Like I said above.  He’ll play until Peyton Manning misses a game.

Peyton is the only threat to his consecutive games played streak.  Once Manning misses a start, Favre will hang it up the following off-season.