Healthy Eller now 220 pounds and itching to get back on ice

Lars Eller is bigger and plans to be better when the Canadiens hit the ice for the 2013-14 season.

The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs reports that Eller, who was listed at 201 pounds in last season’s team guide, is now 220 pounds – and not a gram of the weight anything but muscle.

The 24-year-old centre/forward enjoyed a breakout season in the lockout-shortened campaign, his 30 points in 46 games two points better than what he recorded in 79 games the year before. And then suddenly, his season came to a sickening, bloody end at the Bell Centre in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, Eller flattened by Ottawa defenceman Eric Gryba at the Canadiens blue line.

“I’ve seen the replay, which is the closest I’m going to come to remembering it,” Eller told Stubbs on Saturday. “Maybe it’s a good thing that I don’t remember. It was a shocking incident for everybody watching. I haven’t really thought much about it since. It’s in the past.”

Eller returned to Montreal last week from his native Denmark, where he spent almost the past two months with his wife, Julie, and their 10-month-old child.

“I feel great, completely healed,” Eller said. “I did some more testing in Brossard (in mid- to late May) to make sure everything was back to normal, to make sure there were no symptoms related to the concussion. There haven’t been any.”

(Gazette file photo/Dario Ayala)

Fit, healthy Eller itching to get back, by Dave Stubbs

Eller among seven NHLers looking to avoid ‘one-hit wonder’ tag, NHL.com

Photo gallery of Daniel Briere’s first day in Montreal as a Hab, Canadiens.com

Where Are They Now? Mats Naslund, Canadiens.com

1. DorvalTony says:

Make or break year. He’s show flashes. Not enough yet.

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
    William F. Buckley, Jr.

2. Ron says:

New thread…

3. HabFab says:

Finland getting pounded 5-0 by USA Team White.
    McCarron has 1G+1A plus a minor penalty.
    Lekhonen has no stats.
    Game well into the third.
    Finland scores two late in the third, final score 5-2.

4. HabFab says:

Sweden held on to win 4-3.
    Collberg 2G+1A before he was injured.
    No stats for De La Rose.
    Vail had 1A.

Apparantly the Coyotes Saga is finally over….one has to wonder for how long. Given there are all kind of opt out clauses in 5 years, I think this story resurfaces.

• chanchilla says:

they can believe hockey will work in phoenix all they want, it wont.

• Habfan10912 says:

Hey Gerald! We were looking for you this morning.
      This new ownership group must have gotten some sweet deal, huh?

I finished my Golf tour weekend this morning, now time to get back to work I guess. Yah from everything I have read the deal is indeed nice for the owners as it seems like virtually no out of pocket money is spent.

I am cynical at best of this ownership group succeeding in Glendale, and expect them to move the team at their first opportunity.

• Hobie Hansen says:

I must give it to you Burly, you seem to be the man most interested in Gelendale and the Coyotes, on this site. I can’t stomach reading it. ;-).

It has been just painful, kinda like the CBA talks, to listen to any of this Phoenix stuff. It has been so drawn out, painstakingly boring, that when I hear anything about the Coyotes I want to puke.

I don’t care what happens as long as I don’t hear their name mentioned over the next five years, unless it’s to say they’re in 10th place in their conference.

6. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Jamal Richardson’s torn ACL …tough season for Calvillo

• on2ndthought says:

Flory gone for the year, so far two OCs. Get it together Jim! Oh wait, you’re too busy coaching to keep tabs on the NFL training camps? I hope this doesn’t turn into a disaster. At least we’re playoff safe if we finish second.

“a cannonading drive”

7. Mavid says:

I don’t normally watch the amazing race not sure if any of you watch it either…but tonight and next week you should check it out..they are in YZF and YFB..and the airline I work for will be in both epsiodes..
    Oh and only 40 days to pre season start..

Our leader Dave Stubbs makes significant donation to this years HIO Summit charity raffle.
    Check it out on our link below.
    Summit game tickets, News, Pictures and comments

Also!, HIO Fan Summit Message from the Bell Center

OK Ian,
    I will be at the Baton Rouge Charity Raffle and pre-game dinner with guests and our team sign stick….Rej

Réjean Houle

Ambassadeur
    Club de hockey Canadien

9. ClutchNGrab says:

NBC Sports promotional video for the English Premiere League with Jason Sudeikis staring as an American coach hired in England:

Pretty funny.

10. habs11s says:

Great video, definitely worth a watch…

_____________________________________________________________

11. Habitforming says:

Does anyone know how bad the Collberg injury is?