Happy birthday, Uncle George!

The owner of the Canadiens is 70 today.

What do you get for the man who has everything?

Well, Liverpool got George Gillett a Champions League draw.

How about Bob Gainey gets the boss a Top 4 defenceman

(Then there’s this report in The Times of London that says Gillett and co-owner Tom Hicks are ready to sell the English soccer club.)

1. habfan53 says:

First post of the year.

Happy Birthday Mr. Gillett. Like Klondike Habs Fan I had the great fortune to run(bump) into Mr. Gillett last year here in Toronto with my son. We spoke during the second intermission and again after the Canadiens won in a shoutout.

The impression I received was that he was 69 going on 9 with his FAVORITE toy.

I was one of the many that were upset when an American bought our GLORIEUX, but when I found out that he was from Colorado I knew all would be fine (my sister moved there and the people ARE great).

Thank you fore the memories of last year. HAVE A GREAT DAY

2. habsguy says:

Awesome !!!!…I live just north of Toronto, leaf fans always ask me why I like the Habs….well, you just gave me another reason !

3. HABZ24 says:

happy birthday king george and thanks for what youve done for our habs and the city of mtl and habs fans.
    (off subject) i went to see madonna last night here at the bell center.what an awesome night.like a broadway show(not that ive ever been to one).sang and danced and electrified the huge crowd!! the special effects of that round screen with the displays were kool.great time.

4. nightmare_49 says:

Gaborik a Victim of Character Assassination and Quoted Offers Crap says Agent .. twin cities.com ….. http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_10787135?source=rss ……………………………. TSN reports that Sundin will take a physical soon and then head to California for two weeks of heavy training for his reported return to the NHL ….. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253474&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl ….. (Habs must be high on his list)

5. Fansincebirth says:

In honour of Uncle George’s birthday, Mats is coming out of ‘retirement’

6. Kristopher7 says:

Great story Klondike!

7. habsfan reduxit says:

… hey, that’s a great story, KHF. I just love unexpected times like those – the ones which prove the inherent goodness of humanity. And to think it happened in connection with our beloved Habs – well that’s simply fabulous. Congrats!

8. The Professor says:

Gorges is good, but he’s not yet a true bona-fide top-4 defenceman YET. He and O’Byrne both have the potential to be and who knows they may well end up there as soon as this season, but I think it’d be good for Bob to go out and get a proven guy who is a UFA at the end of the year so we can assess our group at the end of the season and see where we are.

As for a better top-4, look no further than the Motor City

9. huge_polar_bear says:

Actually I believe it is even more bleak than that…
    Please ask your children to turn away from the monitor for a minute.
    I apologize in advance for the language about to be used but my dear “joeybarrie” you sound like a… a… and it pains me to say this but you sound like a LEAF fan.

I’m sorry it had to be said…

“My mom is more active than Patrice Brisebois”
    Mike Boone (PuckCast Vol 3, No 2)

I remember very well you asking how to get tickets in L.A. and that you were going there from the Yukon. Your picture looks great and thanks for telling us of your meeting with George>

11. Robert L says:

Note to those attending the Summit: I’ve just added 3 new posts on the Summit tab dealing with the day’s agenda, the raffle, and a thank you list from the group.

12. Habs fan in SF says:

oops double posting. where is the “delete” option?

13. Habs fan in SF says:

good to have you here! truly a memorable moment meeting for you meeting Mr. Gillett. I a former montrealer here on the west coast too … but a little more south of you! the habs aren’t coming to san jose this year so i’ve planned a trip to see them in denver in february. let me ask you, are they mostly habs fans up there in the Yukon?!