Happy birthday, Ken Dryden

Can you believe he’s 63?

Robert L. and Francis Bouchard have put together a tribute.

Steven Hindle assesses Canadiens’ prospects

• Michael Whitehouse has some Carey Price stats

Two assists for LL

Huet to Europe?

Testing rule changes

• Which goalies will be hurt by the new equipment rules?

James Murphy on Milan Lucic. Hey, do we still have to hate Looch now that Komo is a Leaf?

• Down Goes Brown posted this 1992 classic

Boone heads for the beach. Candid video of HIO blogger on vacay:

P7fmJBv4OCs

1. blu3chip says:

How dare you state the weakness of the players we didnt get or let go?!

2. blu3chip says:

I see, already stacking up the pressure for Price eh? You know, just in case he can somehow handle it and has a great solid season, let’s make sure we crank up the pressure and make sure he cracks.

3. SeriousFan09 says:

Imagine if the Habs had a 36-year old goalie signed for 3 more years at 5 million per year based on one good season, would we call this a genius management group? Remember when Bob Gainey was an idiot for letting Michael Ryder go, who now the Bruins are trying to rid themselves of? Horton is enigmatic, Bergeron and Savard are probably each one
    concussion away from starting a Lindros-type decline in their abilities.
    Tim Thomas is a boat anchor contract and Rask helped oversee the epic
    3-0 collapse against PHI. The entire team was humiliated and took a
    gigantic blow to their morale on that collapse as well and Julien will
    have to watch his back if the Bruins don’t start strong this season. Marco Sturm could miss the entire 10-11 season as well, if not retire
    with the devastating MCL/ACL tears he suffered in the post-season.

Lucic is a goon who got lucky enough to be on a contract year when the entire Boston roster was over-achieving.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

4. punkster says:

Actually I think ’51 was Boob-Boom’s rookie year, and Delvecchio on the Wings. Having trouble with the other rookies though.

FREE TIMO!

5. ooder says:

until the Bruins do something to make people forget about that embarrassing meltdown things are not going to be good in Beentown.

the second there is a struggle during the season i can just imagine all the finger poitning and nervousnes in the locker room.

i am sure Claude isn’t feeling to merry right about now

——————

88 is the new 23

6. ooder says:

congrats..

your complimentary HIO stress ball is on it’s way

——————

88 is the new 23

7. SmartDog says:

Just read the Lucic article.  He’s talking about playing with Horton and Seguin.  As he said “it’s been a pretty good offseason” for the Bruins.

Makes me look at the Habs and say…it’s been a pretty mediocre-to-lousy offseason.

PK is obviously the ‘big’ addition… and Eller might make a ripple.  But we also lost our biggest single difference-maker in Halak, our ‘franchise’ goalie who came off a year with a terrible record is having trouble signing his contract, we lost some good management pieces from our pipeline to a probably resurgent Tampa Bay team, our small guys didn’t get bigger, and our old guys got a year older.

So overall, a pretty sucky offseason.  So much is riding on Price to make this year a good one. Too much. Way too much.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

Teach – I’m pretty sure that Clark never played for Colorado or ever won a Cup.

He owns a bar and does promo work for the laffs and Clublink (golf).  I believe he still lives in York Region which is just north of Toronto.

9. SmartDog says:

Thanks for doing all this Ian.  I know what a pain in the ass these things are!

Much appreciated.

Rob

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

10. madcap_habsfan says:

welcome to the crazy land of habs inside out :)

11. SmartDog says:

The more the merrier.  Welcome.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

12. HabsFanInTampa says:

If Yzerman doesn’t stop hiring (purging) from the Habs organization, there won’t be any more Francophones and the Canadiens Brass will be forced to hire non-francophones. OMG the humanity!!!

13. showey47 says:

I already looked,other then moore you are much better off taking some of the guys that the habs drafted in the first round in the mid to late 90′s.

14. showey47 says:

Yup,if i had a dollar for every time i heard “the habs organization needs to to scrapped from top to bottom” i could pay for the entire summit weekend for everybody myself. Yet yzerman has no problem with taking parts of it and is looking like a genious.

15. punkster says:

Ha, good one. I’m going back to the web to see if I can find out who were rookies in ’51. The team I picked were not.

FREE TIMO!

16. punkster says:

Hook, line and sinker man. You gotta lighten up. We have.

FREE TIMO!

17. A. Berke says:

“I can promise my comments won’t cause any controversy”

KSS, You must be a very optimistic person, some people here just live to argue & to create controversies even though they may not know what they’re talking about.

Welcome to HIO.

Ali B.

18. ooder says:

now is the goalie part of that 2 or are the nets empty?

cuz then we have a huge (no pun intended) advantage with Hall Gill lying down in the net

——————

88 is the new 23

19. SeriousFan09 says:

But it makes sense, so look forward to some 2-on-2 hockey instead…

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

(Teacher) e-mail me

21. ooder says:

from the rule changes the only one that is useful is the no touch icing.

——————

88 is the new 23

Kristen–Do you want to join us for the Summit in Montreal Nov. 5,6. Last day!

23. Chuck says:

Regarding the proposed rule changes, I wouldn’t mind seeing no-touch icing or a goal-verification line painted in the net, but 2-on-2 hockey is ridiculous.

Fan Summit Updates–Including people with their own Tickets, We have 76 HIO members going to Montreal This year so far.

Important!

Sunday Aug 8th.—-I have received money
    orders from the following people. Monday morning mail yet to arrive
    tomorrow. If you are not listed below and have sent your money order to
    me, make sure you contact me right away unless we have already made
    arrangements by e-mail.

James David, Ian Cobb, Jim Greer, Dave
    Finn, Shane Oliver, Bill Howson, Steve Kerley, Donna Burton, Tim
    Peynolds, Jason Showell, David Reid, Denis Lacomb, Jason Merone, Julie
    Hickson, Todd Denault, Tom Blacklock, Robert Rice, William Hum, Chuck
    Lewis, Sherrie & Tim, Mark Ordonselli, Fred Sherrington, Sulemaan
    Ahmed,

I have assurance from the following people
    that money orders are on the way, so I will pay for them from my pocket
    if they do not arrive in tomorrows mail. As long as I know how many you
    want and which price of seats is now in the mail. E-mail me with all
    the information right away so you do not miss out.

Andrew Burkshire, Rob Swick, Kevin Van Steendelaar, Sarha McCarter,

And
    (TEACHER) send your full name that is on the money order, address, and
    how many tickets you ordered that is already in the mail, if you want
    me to cover you untill it arrives here.????

SEND the tracking numbers and all the information that I need.

Some of you are not making this fun.!!

25. ProHabs says:

He got overhyped because George Laroque let it happen. GL let Lucic run right over the Habs and a legend (in the Bruins mind) was born.

26. KSS says:

Hey guys,

Longtime reader, first-time poster.  Just wanted to say that I’ve been enjoying reading this site over the last couple of years but I look forward to giving my two cents.  I can promise my comments won’t cause any controversy, so no worries there.

Merci!

27. HOGGIE says:

i don’t really think he’s overated hes does what he does very well, that is create space and scare the crap out of the other team something we could really use here in Montreal . Don’t get me wrong he’s not a superstar with an amazing scoring touch, but beleive me guys watch out for him when he’s on the ice as much as they do one of the big scorers in the league.

28. otter649 says:

He tried getting The Wings caplogist sp (whatever his name was) and was turned down & then hired The Habs Julien Brisbois instead………..

29. The Teacher says:

yeah yeah

30. otter649 says:

Missing - ”Me like Hockey”  by The Arrogant Worms………

31. Bugs says:

No apology is going to ERASE that most opprobrious portrait. It’s still going to EXIST; my contempt for it will not DIMINISH.

That picture is offensive, ludicrously pretentious, and more than a little yucky.

Ptui! Shame!

Crackin but not slackin, the card says

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

32. Mark C says:

At this point I’m willing to bet the mortgage that Holland made some sweetheart, backdoor deal with him not to take anyone from the Wings. Jerry Maguire got more people to follow him out the door than Stevie Y has.

Funny how many here, laud Detroit’s management and loath Montreal’s, yet Stevie Y raided Montreal’s and left Detroit’s intact. What’s going on here?

33. ProHabs says:

I think Clark owes you an apology. NOW.

34. The Teacher says:

Well, we can’t have that!

Carry on..

35. Mark C says:

Where’s Warren Zevon’s Hit Somebody? What an outrage!

36. Bugs says:

I’m quite positive he didn’t have the leaf jersey on whether or not he won it elsewhere.

That picture is an insult to hockey, and worse, to ME.

Crackin but not slackin, the card says

37. Psycho29 says:

He hasn’t been the same since Komisarek head butted his fist 20 times a few years ago….

38. The Teacher says:

Didn’t he win it with Colorado? Or am I mistaken?

39. TomNickle says:

At this point Yzerman should feel guilty enough that he throws us a high round pick for Roman Hamrlik.

I think he’s taken enough members of our organization at this point.

Some favours are owed.

40. Habsforlife 1959 says:

You consider Price as a SIEVE. Man you are pathetic. I betcha that 29 other NHL teams would take Carey Price in a heartbeat. Think it would not happen? Are you willing to let Price go at no cost?

41. showey47 says:

Makes me almost wish the redwings had been able to pull off the trade they were trying to do back in 1983. They tried desperately to move up one spot in the draft to take pat lafontaine but instead had to stand pat and take yzerman. If that trade was made,yzerman ends up an islander. Makes you wonder what kind of a career he would have had. As a player and if he even would have become a g.m..

42. nightmare_49 says:

from Jamie’s blog:

The All Time 10 Besy Hockey Songs:

43. Favorite Son says:

Will someone in the Habs organization please tell Yzerman to go f*** himself?! Damn, enough already!

44. nightmare_49 says:

Sunday Hockey Notes (tidbits):

There’s no real reason to be doubting Thomas

toronto will be a busy place this month, as Canada’s largest city will host two wonk-centered events: the NHL Research, Development, and Orientation Camp from Aug. 18-19, then the World Hockey Summit from Aug. 23-26.
  45. ProHabs says:

No kidding. Can’t Stevie find some people from other organizations and leave the Habs alone. Why doesn’t he go and raid his old team the Red Wings.

46. Mark C says:

Does Stevie Y have a Montreal fetish or does he consider Montreal to be his arch rival? I think we’ve crossed the line in the sand here, this is becoming more than just “hiring the best people for the job.”

47. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m more of the thought that would this guy just kindly **** off of hiring people who are coaching our prospects? This guy is supposed to be coaching Louis Leblanc for us in the Q this season.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

48. G BO says:

I agree. I couldnt believe he was in consideration for team canada. Then again bergeron ended up being just as useless. Hes still famous from ruining komo the homo and hasnt shown that ferocity since. No one from Boston should have even been at that camp. Should have invited cam to play with crosby and iginla. Not Berger-shit.