Happy birthday, Ken Dryden

Can you believe he’s 63?

Robert L. and Francis Bouchard have put together a tribute.

Steven Hindle assesses Canadiens’ prospects

• Michael Whitehouse has some Carey Price stats

Two assists for LL

Huet to Europe?

Testing rule changes

• Which goalies will be hurt by the new equipment rules?

James Murphy on Milan Lucic. Hey, do we still have to hate Looch now that Komo is a Leaf?

• Down Goes Brown posted this 1992 classic

Boone heads for the beach. Candid video of HIO blogger on vacay:

P7fmJBv4OCs

1. Mark C says:

He is over-rated. He’s got that great package of skill (enough), size, and toughness. Yet, while even playing with good-to-great line mates he’s failed to score double digit goals in all but one of his three seasons (not totally fair, as he’s missed games every year; is he injury prone?), and has had more than 30 points in only one season.

All that said, like you, I’d take him on Montreal in a heartbeat. But, he’s very much over-rated, I mean inviting him to the Olympic camp, was that list announced on April 1st? My real knock on him is that it seems he really picks his fights; rarely does he fight anyone in his class, never mind above it.

2. Mark C says:

Stevie Y strikes again?

Pascal Vincent rumored to coach Norfolk in the AHL. Here come the “Montreal management misses the boat yet again crew.”

3. habs-hampton says:

Is it just me, or anyone else feel that Lucic is one of the most over-rated (and over-hyped)  players in the league? Don’t get me wrong, he’s good at what he does, but I don’t for one minute think he’s as good as the media wants him to be. Every team wnats a guy like that, but he’s not going to win the cup for you, and I thought it was a joke when he was invited to the camp for Olypmpic hopefuls.

4. Bryan says:

22nd birthday you say…

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

5. showey47 says:

Your 1951 birth year all-star team is a fraud because they didn’t sign confirmation notes that year :) The good news is,you do have dickie moore though.

6. Rugger says:

Happy Birthday Mr. Dryden (also my daughter’s 22nd birthday)

7. punkster says:

Damn, that was to easy.

Get to a summit some day and I’ll buy you a beer.

FREE TIMO!

8. Clay4bc says:

LOL, just kidding about Price…

So what did I win for guessing the correct time, Dave?

__________________________

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

– George Orwell –

9. Propwash says:

Lol Punkster, yer really trying to stir the pot eh? Im on the wait and see part in that discussion.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

10. Clay4bc says:

Price is a sieve – look at his win/loss record of 13-20-5

__________________________

– George Orwell –

11. Clay4bc says:

11:16

__________________________

– George Orwell –

12. punkster says:

Just for fun, at what time today will the first post appear that utilizes the Carey Price stats to a) prove that Price is a sieve, or, b) prove that Price is God’s Gift to Goaltending?

Before noon for sure.

FREE TIMO!

13. punkster says:

kvetch  (kvch) Slang

intr.v. kvetched, kvetch·ing, kvetch·es
    To complain persistently and whiningly.
    n.
    1. A chronic, whining complainer.
    2. A nagging complaint: “a rambling kvetch against the system” (Leonard Ross).

[Yiddish kvetshn, to squeeze, complain, from Middle High German quetzen, quetschen, to squeeze.]

FREE TIMO!

14. nunacanadien says:

Every hockey town has its moments when the sunset eclipses the horizon and the hockeytown forgets when it was a champion, yes, under Bob Gainey’s decade of midget hockey, the Habs have become both an exciting team to watch if you enjoy watching small Habs forwards being crushed to death, or watch a horse in nets let in floaters, or watch an Olympic Caliber Pro Hockey Goalie walk away, or hey, how about the joys of watching Sakku Koivu like some surfer trying to outrun those big NHL defensemen like some big wave crashing on him?  Or wait, that’s BG’s closing epitaph on his grave, Habs GM who believed in the little guys, literally.

15. Robert L says:

Thanks guys. The book is shaping up well, but having the blog doesn’t help it get written quicker.

16. crabvader says:

That’s just the Russian in you that’s making you upset, Ooder, don’t worry about it. :)

17. punkster says:

Ah, folks…right? No, forks. Flaks? OK, now I’m confused.

FREE TIMO!

18. KSS says:

Sounds fun, but unfortunately I won’t be able to make it.  Thanks anyways!

Also, thanks for the welcome, everyone!

19. punkster says:

The only break-out I would expect from AK would involve a walled federal facility and a helicopter piloted by his brother.

FREE TIMO!

20. ooder says:

this youtube clip is kind of pointless on this site

for all you know the guy could be sick and not drunk (like the miner video) which makes it much less funny.

second of all it seems completly irrelevant

——————

88 is the new 23

21. Bugs says:

How did they convince Wendel Clark to pose while hoistin the Cup? Isn’t there some unspoken rule among players that you don’t touch what you haven’t won? ESPECIALLY the Stanley Cup???

Look at him! Hoistin it. Proud leafer. Big smile. “Yeah, we’re winners, man. leafs are champs.” Pff. How did they convince him?

Shame on you, Wendel. Never saw that picture; always thought you were alright. Now I think you’re scum, just like the rest of your kind. You make me sick; shame on you.

(snort) leafers. Aren’t they all alike after all.

Crackin but not slackin, the card says

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

22. K-hab25 says:

The teams that rely on a tandem in net, generally do it because they don’t have a true #1, not because it is the best option. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for having 2 good goalies, just in case of injury, plus there’s other 20 to 30 starts, but I hate the win and you’re in system. It doesn’t work. It didn’t work out for Huet or Price and didn’t benefit Halak or Price. All 3 had there best stretches when they were given the heavy workload, win or lose, not always wondering whether or not they would be playing the next game or not. I liked Carbs and Martin seems ok, but that win and you’re in idea blows. Goalies don’t get in a flow and the rest of the team is affected by it aswell. All the talk of tandems is far from true, the majority of teams have 1 guy they expect to get 50 to 60 starts.Out of 30 teams, there were 20 goalies with 50 appearances last season and it would’ve been more, but some got injured, like Cam Ward, or took the job during the year like Tukka Rask. Most teams have a #1 and the ten or so teams that don’t, use a tandem.

23. COPOKA HA KOPOBE says:

The point of this topic was to show how stupid Russians are being drunk.

Very classless et avec un gout raciale,  Mr.Boone.

24. HabFab says:

Happy Birthday Harani!

25. Clay4bc says:
    con·text
    Pronunciation: \ˈkän-ˌtekst\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, weaving together of words, from Latin contextus connection of words, coherence, from contexere to weave together, from com- + texere to weave — more at technical
    Date: circa 1568

1 : the parts of a discourse that surround a word or passage and can throw light on its meaning
    2 : the interrelated conditions in which something exists or occurs : environment, setting <the historical context of the war>

__________________________

– George Orwell –

26. K-hab25 says:

I don’t blame you, by the way congrats on the success of your site and on writing a book.

27. K-hab25 says:

That #1 difference maker played about half the games and you’re right, you’ll never convince me he was as important as you claim. He was important to the teams success, but his legend is bigger, than what his impact really was. He gave up .37 less goals per game than Price, or 1 goal every 3 starts. On the other hand he got .60 more in goal support, or 1 goal every 2 starts. In other words if the team gives Price the same support, they gave Halak this season and Price improves even a little, then we’ll be fine in net. As far as King Boucher goes, he’s less proven than Eller is, atleast he’s been involved in 7 NHL games. We’ll see if he’s Subban or Locke. Right now we don’t know and I for one am tired of the crowd that constantly harps on Eller or Price as being unproven or just potential, but then whine about losing an AHL coach, that at this point, is unproven or just potential.

28. HabFab says:

Had some problems with my keyboard there, was trying to type “Fink” but it just refused to work…dah!!

29. HabFab says:

So your that shadow?

How are your history stories going? Been awhile since have seen any new.

Also read that you are writing a book, good for you bro! Always said that you should.

30. HabFab says:

All of this complaining about Steve Yzerman raiding the Canadiens for his management team, I find highly amusing. It would be standard for Detroit to put in their agreement ,that he couldn’t raid their organization for a certain time period, to let him go to the Lightening. So he goes after what he would consider the second best organization out there, one that was built  coping the successful Detroit model by WHOM!! Yeah, the same gentlemen that most of those complaining about the raiding, also blame for all our problems. Bunch of DUMB F_ _k’s.

31. ooder says:

He’s gonna be a good one!”

what tipped you off Zeppy ;)

——————

88 is the new 23

32. Robert L says:

I’m around enough, but I prefer to lurk.

33. SmartDog says:

My advice to you: stay away from Las Vegas.  AK46, Pouliot AND Laps are going to have break-out seasons?  If one of these guys does it’ll be a pleasant surprise, two, a minor miracle.

We’re ‘strapped with the cap’ IMHO for the same reasons why we’ve made some questionable moves… desperate, and less than imaginative management.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

34. HabFab says:

Steve Hindles articles on the Canadien prospects are highly informative and well written  however believe on the Canadiens defensive prospects, he is off in regards to Joe Stejskal. He still has another year of NCAA and is not written off by the Habs…believe SH may have confused with David Fischer.

35. punkster says:

Dunk? I thought he was drunk.

My bad.

FREE TIMO!

36. punkster says:

Honestly K-man my post isn’t really great, just reactionary as Rob suggests. He’s right about a number of things but some of them I just don’t worry about. The loss of minor league coaching no matter how much potential is just that, potential. Unrealized at the NHL level and not something that should even concern the Habs for now. They have much bigger concerns. Like depending on a single goalie, not a tandem like many teams have and like we had last season.

It’s just that I don’t see things through dark glasses. I wear rose-coloured glasses and I fully embrace the wonderful colours of the world I view. Where some see a goaltending problem I see a goaltending opportunity, one which an aspiring young kid could use to springboard his career. This is exactly what a so-called superstar needs to prove himself and if Price is anything like the kid that management hopes, prays and believes he is then this is his moment.

Do I believe in Price? Please, I’m also a realist. These rose-coloured glasses also have prescrition graduated bifocal lenses. If I take the damn things off I’m blind as a bat.

FREE TIMO!

37. K-hab25 says:

You don’t come around as often and probably haven’t had the joy of reading adams “deep” posts, so let me explain. Anything positive relating to Carey Price, is considered to be from a “fanboy”and there for Price video tributes are for the “fanboy’s.”

38. nunacanadien says:

While missing simultaenously our four greatest weaknesses?  BG and PG being the first and second, while Price and Gomez round off our major weaknesses.

39. habsfansince91 says:

do you honestly have a complaint for everything?

40. habsfansince91 says:

hahahaha

41. TornApart says:

What’s the matter? It’s not like someone forced you to watch the video.

42. likehoy says:

this is just for you, everyone has “talent” in their pipelines…we’ve always had talent coming forward from ribeiro to AK46 to pacioretty…in the last 10 years…

i’ll believe it when i see it.

43. SeriousFan09 says:

You’re giving a lecture on class? I’d attend but I’m late for a seminar on etiquette with Matt Cooke.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

44. habs fan from stonyplain says:

This is to mr smart dog and all the hab fans we have lots and lots of talent coming with leblanc, kristo, dumont, avistin, tinoirdi, amoung others then when we are back beating up on the bruins what are you going to complain about. The reason we have not done much is we are strapped with the cap. AK46, Pouliot, and laps will have break out years, and if they don’t then we don’t have to worry about it since they are on one year deals.

45. Robert L says:

Fan boy tribute videos?

46. adam76 says:

Dunk Russian on the beach?  I know its the summer – but what socially challenged 14 year old is running this site?  A “hilarious” you tube clip from Feb of 2009 that has nothing to do with anything remotely sport?  The fan boy tribute videos are one thing, this is just an embarrassment.

Come on – your are affiliated with The gazette - show a little class and try to keep on topic.

47. punkster says:

Of course it’s reactionary. Newton’s Laws of Motion and all that. For every action…etc. And I know you’re far from the only one worried about the changes, or lack thereof, made so far. My objective is simply to provide the other view and by no means do I believe it’s the only other view. This place has as many views as commentors LOL. So is Auld likely to save us? Well, how likely was Halak when we looked at this a year ago?

FREE TIMO!

48. Clay4bc says:

LOL…you had to go and spoil it for Harani!

Aren’t you supposed to be on vacation? Enjoy the beach…

__________________________

– George Orwell –

49. SmartDog says:

Boyd and Auld don’t make the ‘important gain’ list any more than Moore or Metro are important losses, so let’s ignore those.

The important things we lost:

1. The teams’ #1 difference maker AHEAD of Markov, and anyone else you could name.

2. Boucher and other developing leadership – to me this is a huge loss, bigger than Halak.  You can disagree and probably will, it’s my opinion and only time will tell, but that’s my view.

The important things we gained:

1. Eller. Potential here but wait and see.

2. PK… but we already had PK and the cup run probably wouldn’t have
    gone so far without him, so he’s a chicken we already counted.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

50. ZepFan2 says:

From one Leo to another, Happy Birthday Mr. Dryden.

Just saw PK on the news giving some lucky guy a new car and a Subban t-shirt. He even spoke some French.

He’s gonna be a good one!

————————————————————————–

- Steven Tyler

51. K-hab25 says:

He got traded to the NYI’s the offseason before the move from Quebec to Colorado.

52. K-hab25 says:

observer is Tony 242 Boone.

53. likehoy says:

meh..

I honestly think the bruins are just spinning their wheels…trading kessel got them seguin, but they wouldn’t have needed 4.5million$ horton, which cost them a top 4 dman + 1st. If you do the math, kessel + wideman + 1st for Seguin + horton + 1st. It really comes down to what the bruins do with their 2nd 1st round pick from the laffs to know if they’ve really scored a “coupe”

Dennis Seidennerg is their #2 dman beside Chara, and Chara’s in a contract year (win now?). The bruins are thin on the blueline and I don’t know if they hae any prospects coming through

to make things worse, the bruins are 2.5 million over the salary cap as of today accoridng to NHLnumbers.com

I hardly think the Bruins have really done anything special this summer with 6 UFAs coming up (ryder, bergeron, sturm, recchi, chara, stuart) which could turn in their favor, or it could not, if they lose chara.

54. K-hab25 says:

Additions – Eller, Boyd, PK and Auld ****** Subtractions – Moore, Metrpolit, Bergeron and Halak ******* I really don’t see how we did poorly. Is it your view that Auld is going to get the 43 starts Halak got? I mean he’s here to back up Price and hopefully get 20 starts, tops. The guy was pretty good a couple of seasons ago. Moore was only hear for 2 months, (and the playoffs) I can see Eller giving more to the team in a full season, than Moore did in 2 months. Metrpolit is a great human being and a decent hockey player, but ideally you want your checking line center to be bigger and more physical. I really like the thought of Boyd centering Moen and White. That way Pyatt can play with Laps and Eller. I don’t think I have to convince you that PK is an upgrade over Bergeron. All in all, on an every game basis I think we’re better than last year, especially the beginning of last year. When Dags, Lats and Pacs were playing reguarly, Markov was out injured and Price was getting most of his starts those first 3 months. Give them a chance Smart Dog, you may end up loving the moves, if not, atleast you’ll have a reason to act like someone stole your favorite bone.

55. secretdragonfly says:

Enjoy the lobster rolls and the smell of saltwater, Mr. Boone, while the Commentariat lives vicariously through this fine site in your much-lamented absence.

56. Mike Boone says:

There’s a difference between contrary and contrarian. The late, ungreat Tony was a pain in our collective ass who contributed nothing but negativity to the site. No one misses him.

57. Mike Boone says:

And Pierre McGuire

58. observer says:

You’re right – there are a bunch who have nothing else in their lives but to dwell on this blog and they go completely beserk if anyone posts any thoughts contrary to “their always correct” views. Seems there was a guy in the past named Tony who used to post those “contrary views” on this blog who they can’t get out of their minds. I have noticed in the last week or so that I’ve looked at this site that they have called at least 8 different posters – “Tony” – about everytime they see a post that disturbs their small minds.

59. observer says:

A lot of Francophones now live in Florida.

60. SmartDog says:

That’s a really ‘reactionary’ post for someone accusing me of being reactonairy.  I didn’t say the team sucks or that we’re in for a lousy year.  I said we had a moderate to sucky offseason becuase not much happend that was good and a couple of bad things happened.   And I stand by that. And I’m far from the only one worried that there is MORE pressure on a young goalie who so far has not been nearly as solid under NHL pressure as he was in the minors.  It’s a natural concern.  Hopefully the kid does great and if he does I would guess we’ll have a good season.  If he doesn’t…. Alex Auld isn’t likely to save us.  Please tell me you disagree and that I am entirely wrong.  I dare ya!  ;)

——–
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

61. K-hab25 says:

Great Post Punkster!! We lose one guy and now we have no chance. Oh I forgot, we lost our AHL coach and 3rd and 4th line centers. I can’t see why so many are worried. Is it just Price? If so, they can not believe in him all they like, but the last time he had the job to himself, not a split system, he led us to the best record in the east. Out of the19 games after the Huet trade, Price got 15 starts,12-3 and Halak got 4, 2-1-1. Over the last 2 years Price has gotten 88 starts, 36-36-15 and Halak has gotten 76 starts, 34-27-6, in a split system. Wow, 88 to 76 and he wasn’t treated fairly or equally. As for the bottom 6 centers, give me the 2 younger, hungrier guys, with upside. As far as the AHL coach is concerned, show me the money. Until he wins consistently in the NHL, then he’s no more proven than Corey Locke.

62. SmartDog says:

That’s me! Thanks.

The pastries are gonna be stale tomorrow though, sorry.  :(

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

63. SmartDog says:

…and Dustin Hoffman (if it matters).

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

64. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Happy birthday Harani!!! Have a terrific one!

65. Habs4Lyfe says:

Habs 4 Lyfe

Happy Birthday Ken Dryden.  Those were magical times with him in the nets.

Go Habs Go

66. Harani says:

I didn’t know I was born on the same day as Dryden! Good company to have. Roger Federer, Ken Dryden, Harani! LOL!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

Fan Summit Updates–Including people with their own Tickets, We have 86
    HIO members going to Montreal This year so far.

Important!

Sunday Aug 8th.—-I have received money
    orders from the following people. Monday morning mail yet to arrive
    tomorrow. If you are not listed below and have sent your money order to
    me, make sure you contact me right away unless we have already made
    arrangements by e-mail.

James David, Ian Cobb, Jim Greer, Dave
    Finn, Shane Oliver, Bill Howson, Steve Kerley, Donna Burton, Tim
    Peynolds, Jason Showell, David Reid, Denis Lacomb, Jason Merone, Julie
    Hickson, Todd Denault, Tom Blacklock, Robert Rice, William Hum, Chuck
    Lewis, Sherrie & Tim, Mark Ordonselli, Fred Sherrington, Sulemaan
    Ahmed,

I have assurance from the following people
    that money orders are on the way, so I will pay for them from my pocket
    if they do not arrive in tomorrows mail. As long as I know how many you
    want and which price of seats is now in the mail. E-mail me with all
    the information right away so you do not miss out.

Andrew Burkshire, Rob Swick, Kevin Van Steendelaar, Sarha McCarter,

And
    (TEACHER) send your full name that is on the money order, address, and
    how many tickets you ordered that is already in the mail, if you want
    me to cover you untill it arrives here.????

SEND the tracking numbers and all the information that I need.

Some of you are not making this fun.!!

Two $160 tickets RIGHT!

69. showey47 says:

The following is a list of players of note who played their first NHL game in 1951-52 (listed with their first team, asterisk(*) marks debut in playoffs):

70. HabFanSince72 says:

Like Muller. Pearn. Timmins. Cunneyworh.

How many Francophones are there in the organization in fact? Two coaches. A few in management. A player or two.

It’ll always be too many for some of you.

71. HabFanSince72 says:

Habs I/O’s off-season has also been less than dynamic.

Franchise whiner Tony242 was let go.

We still talk about Halak/Price.

72. madcap_habsfan says:

of course we still have to hate looch..komi may be a leaf now but lucic is still a bruin! sorry, i have an intense rivalry with bruins fans…well one in particular ( aka my father) lol

73. showey47 says:

Your right boom boom only played 18 games the year before maintaining his rookie status for 1951. Which he did win the calder that year.

74. punkster says:

Rob, you asked for this rant:

Talk about a glass half full, yours has nothing but a dribble of brew left in it I see. It’s only August and the last time I checked the season doesn’t officially start until October and runs clear through April. If one player’s comment in an off season interview triggers this type of
    reaction in people then this place is going to be hell come October and we post a couple of losses. And we will lose some games, make no mistake, we will lose some.

It reminds me of the doom and gloom predicted during the Summer of the Long Knives last year. We lost a ton of top players that so many people lamented over. We brought in a ton of players that so many people crapped on (and continue to do so). When it was all said and done we a) made the playoffs, b) won 2 rounds by defeating the top two teams in the east (well, 2 of the top 3) and c) were defeated by a team who also squeaked into the playoffs just like we did.

Was last season all because of one player? Did only one single player win enough games to reach the playoffs and win enough playoff games to advance to the thrid round? Did one single player make every save, score every goal, make up every line combination, send out every player for every shift?

Does next season depend entirely upon one single player? Can any team in the league actually say they depend on one single player on that team for a successful season?

It’s August. Pop a cold beer, fill your glass and try to enjoy the weather. St Sauveur gets a ton of snow come November and I’ll be looking forward to skiing with you then so don’t make it more difficult ;)

FREE TIMO!

75. olematelot says:

Wasn’t Sean Couturier the centre on that line. If so that would explain why Leblanc didn’t carry the puck as much as a centre should.

76. halakitlikethat says:

I posted this last night the Canadian Juniors squad game, but for thoe who didn’t see it:

Just got back from the Red vs White game here at Mile One in St. John’s. Of course I had my eye on Louis Leblanc the entire night, here’s what I noticed:

- Very smooth skater, can generate speed very quickly out of the zone.

For a centerman he didn’t carry the puck a whole lot, saw him coasting
    around in the offensive zone waiting for a pass or looking for open ice.

- Great vision when he did have the puck, got two assists with absolute beauty cross-ice passes in front of the net.

- Seemed generally disinterested in being on the ice and showed little, if any, emotion.

Did a lot of circling around, waiting for plays to develop where
    players like Schenn and Kassian were trying to make things happen.

Tyler Seguin:

I wasn’t impressed at all.
    He was shifty in the neutral zone but couldn’t make anything happen
    inside the offensive zone. Maybe he was tired after a long camp, but he
    certainly didn’t stand out to me or my buddies who attending the game.
    Had a few shots on goal which sailed high over the net.

77. HabFanSince72 says:

Do we hope Tyler Seguin is a bust so that the Bruins continue to suck? Or that he becomes a great success so Leaf fans eat their heart out for the next 15 years?

I’ll go for: bust early on,  trade to a Western conference team where he turns into Joe Sakic.

78. soperman says:

Happy Birthday Ken.  You were a great goalie and are still a classy guy.  Jean Beliveau classy.

Go Price. Or should I say Stop Price?

79. nightmare_49 says:

The way Steve Simmons sees it.

- Player agent Bill Zito says there is strong interest in sudden free-agent goalie, Antti Niemi. But what is he supposed to say? That he and Niemi misread the market and the Chicago Blackhawks by winning at arbitration and losing the best goalie gig in hockey?

- Something the players need to fix in their next collective bargaining: The timing of arbitration hearings. When you schedule arbitration more than a month after free agency begins, it makes it too convenient for teams to walk away from the awards they aren’t happy with. Then, when a team says no, a player is left with fewer options because most of the budget money for teams has already been spent.

- The strange off-season of the San Jose Sharks continues: First, signing Antero Niittymaki to play goal. Then, signing Jamal Mayers to play whatever it is he plays. Like any of this takes them closer to that elusive Stanley Cup.

from article: http://www.torontosun.com/sports/columnists/steve_simmons/2010/08/07/14956491.html

Here’s the link for the Dryden story.

Also be sure to read the right hand sidebar as Mike Boone’s bids us adieu.  He certainly deserves a break from the action so he can recharge his batteries.

81. observer says:

Great link.

82. nightmare_49 says:

from Larry Brooks – Slap Shots

no Rangers’ Plan for Better Redden?

What if John Tortorella is no more impressed by Matt Gilroy’s work in his own end than he was last year, when the coach sat the rookie the final eight games of the year in favor of Anders Eriksson?

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/no_rangers_plan_for_better_redden_AAYW0XtKLjxTqn3HC5YOEK#ixzz0w15UKpyF

83. observer says:

Dryden 63 already? World War 2 ended 65 years ago, Canada’s 100th birthday and Leafs last won a Cup 43 years ago, etc. – time passes like a blink of an eye.

84. Caper says:

Scary isn’t it. That’s why you have to enjoy every minute when you realize this.

Where is the Robert L. tribute ?

86. Psycho29 says:

That video should have been called….

HI/O management: How I spent my summer vacation.

87. Danno says:

Happy Birthday Ken.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

88. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Tough year? His team has been eliminated in the first round 5 of their last 6 playoff appearences, he’s already had a few tough years! He’s been done for a while.

89. DAVE. N says:

IMO You can add Marty Brodeur to the ‘tenders affected most by equipment modification. I suspect along with the Devils’ not having the same defence orientation, coupled with age and te new restrictions, Marty may have a tough year.

Dave–Like all good tenders, they age and the team in front means everything. And we have 2 players of what was their top line playing for us now. Jersey is a good club, but not as good as we are now.

91. SeriousFan09 says:

Brodeur isn’t going to be held back by his equipment, it’s called coming up on 39 years old and not showing he’s got the stamina to be a starter since the lockout ended.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

92. HabFanSince72 says:

Most over-rated hockey player of his generation.

93. TomNickle says:

Eric Lindros?

Paul Kariya?

Keith Tkachuk?

94. observer says:

If he is a bust, then you have to admit that Burke is a genius.

95. SeriousFan09 says:

Not at all, it means the Bruins chose poorly in the draft if he busts by himself or if they make him a bust than they are at fault.

I would say Seguin’s disinterest in the camp is likely more to do with that he figures he’s a Bruin to start the 10-11 season.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.