Hamrlik still ailing, doubtful for Senators

Canadiens defenceman Roman Hamrlik has been told by doctors today that his flu virus is contagious, so he’s keeping a l-o-n-g way away from his hockey club. Don’t look for him to be in the lineup Saturday vs. the Senators in Ottawa, after having missed the last two games with this bug.

Cristobal Huet returns to the Montreal net. Still no word on whether Michael Ryder, a healthy scratch the past three games, will return to action.

1. habs-13 says:

Good point, with Hamrlik out it seems as though Carboneau almost has to play Brisebois, but he doesn’t. If Ryder is back in the lineup Dandenault could play on D and Brisebois could sit.

2. carmine007 says:

Give me a break! Get Hamrlik out on the ice. What “flu” isnt contagious???

Hamrlik has been out for a week. How much time do you need to get at least well enough to go back to work!

If he doesnt have a fever then he’s healthy enough to play hockey. We pay him a nice penny to play hockey!

I think we need to get Ryder out on the ice and place Maxim or Higgins as a healthy scratch. Ryder will start to play better as the trade deadline gets even closer, I HOPE…

It’s NEVER over til it’s OVER!

3. HotHabs says:

NO HAMMER = hard time nailing this game!

enjoying the high’s of being a Habs fan

4. Les-Habitants says:

Hey Dave,
    According to TSN, it looks like Ryder will be back with Koivu and Higgins.

At this point, I have got to believe that you need to leave this line together for the remainder of the season, getting their ice time plus time on the 2nd unit PP. They can score…they were our best line last year, and it wasn’t by mistake. That line has to be left alone, as they are really our only hope for some consistent secondary scoring.

Also, the Kid line was great when Sergei was playing on it. Lats, Lapierre and Kostitsyn Jr. provided a line that had a lot of energy and generated a couple scoring chances.

That leaves our 4th line, with Smokes centernig. Take your pick of Begin, TK, and Dandy on the wings…although I think Dandy should be on that linee, with TK or Begin on the LW

Expect to see:
    A. Kostitsyn – Plek – Kovy
    Higgins – Koivu – Ryder
    Lats – Lapierre – S. Kos
    Begin/TK – Smokes – Dandy

D-line pairing will most likely be the same as against toronto, with Hammer still sick.

5. kenny_galloway says:

a field trip to hell imho

6. habitual says:

Check out this quote from TSN:

“Of the teams I’ve seen, I don’t think you can say anybody has a great team. I think Ottawa is good, Montreal is scary good, the Rangers are going to be good, the Devils are really good and we always have trouble with the Devils, but the Flyers are in that pack so I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to contend for the East anyway.” – Bob Clarke

7. Higgins21 says:

Sure it’ll be a tough one to win tomorrow night, but haven’t our Habs been giving us pleasant surprises all season? I see no reason why they can’t do it again.
    I think Carbo needs to re-unite the Kid Line (Lapierre, S. Kostitsyn and Latendresse), put Koivu, Ryder, and Higgins back together and have Smolinski, Begin, and Kostopoulos as the fourth line. Of course, Plekanec, Kovalev, and A. Kostitsyn remain intact.
    On Defence:- Markov-Komisarek
    Healthy Scratch-Brisebois

8. nightmare_49 says:

Good one.lol.

9. Shiloh says:

Why not try Latendresse on defence? Obviously, he’d be a stay-at-home type of player – he wouldn’t join in too many rushes.

10. J.T. says:

I’m afraid the game tomorrow just got a lot tougher to win. We saw last night what the defence looks like without Hamrlik…last year! And we know what happened then. The Habs’ only choice tomorrow is to keep the puck as much as possible and skate like the devil’s after them. The farther the play is from Breezer, the better the chances of at least a point.

11. My Habs says:

Bring Ryder back and put Dandenault on defense!