Halak seeks seventh straight win

Jaroslav Halak and the Canadiens will be looking to extend their current winning streak to seven games tonight against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

It was no surprise when Jacques Martin confirmed that Halak will get the start tonight. In his six previous wins, he has posted a 2.06 goals-against average. A win tonight would give him the longest winning streak for a Montreal goaltender since José Theodore had seven consecutive wins in 2002.

1. HUDSONHAB says:

GO HABS GO!

Hab4life

2. Bugs says:

Nice.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

L.B. Potter, esq. First Bugler of the St-Habberson’s Club Red Brigade and Head Coachman to the President of Habsbros Flannel-weaving Services: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

3. showey47 says:

I don’t think orr is going to be fighting anyone tonight. He will probably spend 58 minutes on the bench,unless it goes to overtime then it will be 63 minutes. What’s the point of fighting that useless cement head,losing anyone to a 5 minute fighting major is a bad trade off for us no matter who it is. In orr’s case he will just be sitting on a different bench for 5 minutes then he is used to sitting on.

4. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Count me in! Wow a lot of Habs fans in the GTA area. I never knew!

5. SPATS says:

Do we really wanna play Buffalo? Passing the sens and finshing 5th would guarantee it. I’d prefer to face Jersey.

6. habbyone says:

Melnyk is probably thinking more along the lines of a swim in the Rideau canal with full equipment.

7. SPATS says:

I have a feeling Lappy will have to face the Orr music, his days in Mtl may depend on it! Show JM you have a pair Lappy and maybe he’ll remember your effort and forget the beating you’ll absorb!

8. SPATS says:

Thanks for clearing that up, I was confused…With the game in TO tonight, won’t they be sporting the “white” leaf on Blue?

9. SPATS says:

Absolutely correct, As long as the NHL pursues American (and some Canadian ah ah ahtchocalgary) markets… the purists will have to take a back seat to what sells there. Since sex is not an option, we’ll give them violence. Armchair wannabes with big egos fuelled by alcohol live for the sideshow. I prefer to spark one up and watch the game in slo mo via 50″ HD and PVR. Et le but!

10. ed lopaz says:

O’Byrne

I think you meant to say, ‘at least, spell his name correctly”. you really should correct your grammar.

11. SPATS says:

Melnyk should take Kovy for a walk along the Rideau canal…

12. lavie says:

Do Sens fans blame Kovalev for the slide?