Halak, Moen, Lapierre in; Darche, Metro sit

Canadiens’ Travis Moen speaks to media on Thursday. Marco Campanozzi, The Gazette

Goaltender Jaroslav Halak is back in the Canadiens net tonight against the Florida Panthers, despite Carey Price’s superb performance against the Sabres in Buffalo last nght.

Coach Jacques Martin said that Price, who played a sprited game of indoor soccer with teammates Brian Gionta, Hal Gill, Glen Metropolit and Josh Gorges this morning when the Habs cancelled their morning skate, is in a good frame of mind after a meeting he had with the hard-luck netminder.

Travis Moen returns to the lineup after a one-game absence, wearing a visor to protect a gruesome cut around his left eye from Monday night that took about 50 stitches to close. RDS additionally was reporting that Glen Metropolit and Mathieu Darche would be healthy scratches, with Maxim Lapierre emerging from his one-game doghouse to rejoin the lineup

1. SLONCOLD says:

don’t number ones usually play more than 1 a month?

2. Vancouver Hab Fan says:

That is just a dumb statement. Maybe you missed the game last night as well as his other starts. Maybe you missed the defence playing like 6 year olds in front of him for the last 3 minutes not to mention too many of his games.

3. SLONCOLD says:

not the smartest though, way to protect your eyes moen….. gezzz he was lucky not to lose an eye

4. Chuck says:

All I can say is that it’s a good thing that he had already appeared on Corner Gas.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

5. Bugs says:

That’s right. That’s what I do.

You’ve certainly pegged my character, Flaba.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

L.B. Potter, esq. First Bugler of the St-Habberson’s Club Red Brigade and Head Coachman to the President of Habsbros Flannel-weaving Services: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

6. Bugs says:

How convenient that you’re on the proper side of the opinion then, Gorm.

And now, I’m gonna turn it around and spin it and call you peasants. Yep. You know me so well; that’s what I do.

7. Bugs says:

But whoever DOESN’T want accountability from the Kid DOES know hockey, right?

Pff. What a load of puerile sh*te.

Only people who don’t hockey are those who accuse others of not knowing hockey, Stubby included. It’s the way out of the weak. “If you don’t see it my way, you don’t know hockey.” What utter nonsense.

If you’re so smart, educate; don’t denigrate.

Cuz those are the people who “think they’re superior”, Faith, by supposing they don’t have the specific “faults” they accuse others of having. Total weakness.

I want some game-saving magic from my num5 Pedigree Prospect, please. After three years, it’s not too much to ask. That’s not blaming him for the loss; that’s wanting him to pull off some friggin miracles once in a friggin while as you would expect a Pedigree Prospect to do.

And not rely on your 271th Pick to do.

8. G-Man says:

MAB can’t play D. Haven’t you watched him play? On D, he stinks…big time. Double shifting Pouliot isn’t that good an idea, either. His puck decisions lately haven’t been very good.

9. Flabadagub says:

Good. The only way Bugs puts himself up; is by putting other people down.

10. twocents says:

They raise hardier stuff than just wheat and barley in Saskatchewan!

11. nHL80 says:

wow that FIFA ad really creeps up on ya….especially with your speakers on.

12. ken says:

Size is for the most part irrelevant.  Skill is what wins Cups.

13. Gormdog says:

Honestly, what a burn. Bugs is normally oh so swift to whip out a thesaurus and try and turn someone’s argument around…

But you left him no room. 100% right about Bugs being owed absolutely nothing (who will now use some nonsensical logic and languague to say that’s not what he REALLY meant and if us peasents could read we would see the wisdom of his ways)

Been reading your posts, for years, and mostly in silence Bugs… Great writer, but many a piss poor idea delivered in a tone that i used to find just superior but now it’s just you… Bitching

14. twocents says:

The Habs won by a 5 goal margin once last year. In the second game of the season against tarranna. They have one victory by that margin this season too, except it was actually 6-0 against the Rags in January.

Any other exposition theories?

15. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

i dont know usually backups play easy teams not one of the top 3 in the east …usually backups play easy teams like florida and backups usually win against teams like Toronto
    we have 2 good goalies lets leave it at that

16. pablojinko says:

That’s why I’ve been saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade Halak… Actually we don’t know if Halak is going to be a one hit wonder… personally I think he’s playing at his top, he’s a solid goalie who’s having an amazing season, but I can’t put my foot down and say he will be this great in the long term, so if the Habs can get something big in return, I’m sure Gauthier will think about it…

17. jimmy shaker says:

Finally, the lineup we’ve waited for all year….If JM had any sense now, he would play 7 D and 11 forwards.  MAB, rotating on the D pairings.  Only Markov, O’Byrne and Gorges take regular shifts, with hammer, spacek, gill and MAB rotating shifts.  And Cammy, AK46, Gio, and Poully can double shift with Metro and Darche.  I know JM won’t do it because he doesn’t think outside the box, but this setup/formation would be very beneficial for the team.  Sorry pyatt, but I think your going to join laps in the presser tonight.  But you did play very well last night.  C’mon Jaro, big 2pts tonight please! (no slags to price from this take being implied)

Cheers,

Shaker

18. Xtrahabsfan says:

Carey Price played great last night but Ryan Miller was the DOPE! MAYBE ONE DAY,Price will be a game changer but at this time and place he lacks the finishing touch that separates he from the GREATS.Once again size has been a issue and anyone who thinks it isn’t is obviously under 5’11″,lol….This is the N.H.L. people,GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
    Jaro Halak ,go get us 2 points tonight buddy and Coach Martin start using your time outs WHEN NEEDED BOZO….GO HABS GO……………

19. mrhabby says:

back to back games thats why price is not playing. that being said he could have played and likely we win. I hate to really speculate on what is going to happen. but something will happen. we cannot afford to keep them both so one has to go. either way the organization will be throughly trashed by the media, fans etc,etc.

20. matraque says:

The season clearly showed that Halak was the no 1 and Price the backup.  Price played yesterday… I mean that is what backups do.. play once in a while.

——

Komisarek: 0 – 4 – 4 (-9)

21. pmaraw says:

i dont remember the 5 goal wins from last year…  i remember bottoming out after the all star game

22. kmachabs27 says:

ya ur right it damn sucks alot…..but it wasnt all about halak and price…..just gotta move on it happens we cant thrive on it.

23. keepthefaith says:

Thank you Mike G, Thank you!! Couldnt have said it better myself.  The most annoying thing is the way he think s he is superior to anyone else on here because he types with a dictionary beside him.

Stubbs twitter said it best.  whoever blames Price for this loss know s NOTHING about hockey. And yes Lord bed bugs, blaming him for not winning is the same thing.

24. ken says:

No idea how you can say Gauthier lost a great opportunity at the deadline when you have NO idea if he had any appropriate offers.  To trade for the sake of trading makes no sense.  You are assuming that any offer from other GMs would benefit Montreal.

25. mike g says:

Yup, read it this morning…

Eric Engles is one of the few Habs journalists that I respect. His opinions are not biased.

Too bad he’s on a frauds’ rumor site.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

26. Jeff says:

The kid can only take so much, his reaction last nite looked very similar to Roy’s towards Tremblay.

Enough is enough, Halak is proving quite capable and there can be only one # 1!

Why Price is not playing tonite is incomprehensible, he played great last nite.  WHY?

Whomever is sending him a clear message (aside from Bugsy’s demands for miracle saves & such) to play like a superstar at 22 or you sit.

Carey’s response will be abundantly clear come Spring.

27. keepthefaith says:

The only problem Gauithier will have is other GM s lowballing him on Price. He would be stupid to trade him after this year.  Halak s value will be the highest it is going to be ever.

28. mrhabby says:

have we not beat this to a pulp already…lets just wait and see what happens over the next several months.

29. hab lifer says:

you’re right Price isn’t a backup NHL goalie. he’s an AHL goalie at best.

30. kmachabs27 says:

EVERYBODY READ THE BELOW ARTICLE ON HOCKEYBUZZ, its the truth.

31. mike g says:

I really hope whoever is at the phone booth tonight will give Moen a big round of applause….

The guy deserves it, his face looks like a baseball….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

32. mrhabby says:

so i guess were not going to speculate what happens in the summer with CP. summer not far off.

33. hab lifer says:

yes he has great intensity, great maturity, never makes faces,never nonchalant, always gives 100% at workouts, and has nevef had any conflicts with a team member. oh yes I forgot the most important thing, he wins every game and never loses, and that’s why he plays so infrequently.

34. mike g says:

WOW….

I don’t know what is more annoying:

-Your really annoying way of trying to be cool by spelling words differently

or

-Your lack of hockey knowledge.

I think it’s a tie. You’re mad because Price didn’t win, not because he lost. Well, that’s just a crock of bull, and you’re trying to sound sneaky and tricky by saying that. It’s the same fruckin thing, losing and not winning is the same. They are both not wins.

And btw, it’s not Price who didn’t win. The HABS didn’t win. You try to make fun of me and say I know nothing about hockey because I have Simple Jack as my picture, but even I know hockey’s a team game.

LMAO…and who is “BUGS” ? Who are you to be owed accountability. Please buddy, enough. He’s 22. You want accountability, ask someone for Hamrlik’s phone number. Call him, a 35 year old veteran, and ask him why he dosn’t clear rebounds. That’s his job, Price’s is to make the 1st save. Price did his job, Hammer didn’t. That’s accountability…..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

35. Jeff says:

OOPS!

The Habs certainly had the 2 points in their pockets and then….well..

Price played a very good game, deserved better. He will play out his contract as an RFA or request a trade.

His future in Montreal is dim.  Gauthier has a problem, lost a great opportunity at the deadline.

Buffalo is not a good team, it is MILLER time, he is the only reason for their success.

Come the playoffs as in the Olympics, he will play great then the Sabres ultimately lose.

My point is that Price had the 2 points and the team lost it, JM aside. It could have been a blowout!

Anyway, my call was almost right on last nite, close game in OT, well tonite it’s a win for the Habs 3-1!

Maybe????

Try to enjoy good hockey here on in, the playoffs are possible but we all know their ultimate fate.

36. Bugs says:

Hope not either.

Kid’s got what it takes.

37. homerbowen says:

Geez I woke up this morning feeling just as bad as when I went to bed last night. I thought the valium would help but no luck there!

Our goaltending is fine just stop all the nonsense as to who is the best because they are both great. It was goal scoring that hurt us last night along with panic.

38. mrhabby says:

you going to have to wait a little longer and ya may see him in another uniform…hope not.

39. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

Thanks good article!

40. Psycho29 says:

and I think Toe Blake and Dick Irvin Sr could say a few words in French so technically they were “French speaking” also…

41. Bugs says:

Well then, you’re who I write for, I reckon.

As for the goalies, I honestly don’t know.

I don’t wanna lose the Kid. I don’t know what’s gonna happen. Afraid to speculate.

42. Bugs says:

I’m not blaming him for losing.

I’m blaming him for not winning.

Could someone please inform Mr.Engels that The Priceberg is a Pedigree num5 overall pick with Sterling All-Star Canada accomplishments that’s been in the NHL for three years now and not Little Joe Shmoe fresh off the farm?

Thanks.

Cuz I want some accountability now. Pedigree accountability.

Impossible magic save with the sun in your eyes while your own teammates are hacking you in the mask?

Do it.

If that’s what it takes.

Pedigree Num5 or Joe Shmoe? Which is it?

43. matraque says:

LOL.  Can we get rid of this guy please?  He’s being ridiculous.  The best coach montreal had, Scotty Bowman, speaks fluent french.  If you want to use history, use it properly.

——

Komisarek: 0 – 4 – 4 (-9)

44. Vancouver Hab Fan says:

Price isn’t a back up. JM is ruining Price’s career because JM is an idiot!

Great coaching at the close of last night’s game, nice use of a timeout after the first goal!

45. Habsrule1 says:

Cheers Bugs….not meaning to kiss your ass, but your posts are probably the biggest reason I still stop by here every now & then. You have a very rare knack for making your posts a blast to read whether they’re positive, negative (doesn’t happen much), or in between.

What’s your take on where we’ll be with the goaltender situation next season?

Go Habs Go!! “I don’t have a copy of Georges’ code, I don’t know what it is,”. “I think the code is that you’re here for your teammates. It’s not your code, it’s our code.” – Bob Gainey

46. Vancouver Hab Fan says:

JM sucks as a coach and it would be well worth missing the playoffs if it would guarantee his being fired. The guy makes me want to stop watching the team as well as jump through my TV and ring is neck.

I believe the vision is to promote Boucher from Hamitlon to be the next head coach of the Habs and if they keep Martin around for more than next year they may not get the chance as some other team will probably pursue him. So hopefully JM can be shown the door really soon, for Saturday would be great!

47. SLONCOLD says:

agreed, i think you should have a defensive minded unit on.

48. mrhabby says:

christ i can’t stand it when some one makes that statement. just like when he said halak would be traded before the deadline. management skills 101 boivin hello???

49. Bugs says:

Funny!

50. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

lucky guy almost got him in the eye, boy I hope he starts wearing a visor

51. Bugs says:

Why can’t I sound as reasonable as you, Ruler?

52. twocents says:

Coming from someone in the employ of the prestigious Habsbros, I’ll consider that the ultimate compliment on the matter.

53. habs03 says:

Boy do I love Moen, look at his face and he only missed 1 game.

-http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/201003/25/01-4264189-moen-de-retour-halak-devant-le-filet.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_aujourdhui-sur-cyberpresse_267_accueil_ECRAN1POS1

54. mrhabby says:

thats was always Jackies problem. he had all the players  up front but no keeper so for sure many cups if he had a great goaler there.

55. Psycho29 says:

And don’t forget 1969: Claude Ruel

56. smiler2729 says:

Yeah, Patrick Lalime was soooooo soft vs. Toronto in those Playoff battles.

57. Bugs says:

Your detective work always amazes me, Deuce. Astounding, sir!

58. lavie says:

…Jack Marty is a great coach…  ! or ?

59. Say Ash says:

Deb: What are you drawing?
    Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
    Deb: What’s a liger?
    Napoleon Dynamite: It’s pretty much my favorite animal. It’s like a lion and a tiger mixed… bred for its skills in magic.

60. twocents says:

What gave it away? The season ending injury or the one year contract and the looming cap crunch?

61. Habsrule1 says:

Actually, if you want to look at reality, he did get to the conference final, and the only reason he didn’t get further was he never had a good enough goalie. Put an above average goalie on those sens teams and we’re talking multiple Cups.

62. Mr. Higgins says:

i like… but, i don’t want to let Pyatt go

63. SLONCOLD says:

so when they won 6 in a row was he a bad coach? it’s just poor player execution. we can all second guess every player on the ice but at the end of the day the players have to do their jobs. JM didn’t take 6 penalties in a row, his players did….

64. badbalance says:

Mara’s days for the Habs are done. Didn’t even last half a season…

65. Bugs says:

To be fair, wouldna mattered WHAT had happened last night.

Halak was still startin this game.

Reckon we’ll see the Kid next Saturday vs Buffaler again.

That way, if we meet’em in the playoffs, we’ll have somethin NEW.

Jack Marty is a great coach.

66. badbalance says:

JM is really not a good coach, theres a reason why he only made it to second round max in the playoffs and not higher. He’s just a half-assed coach. I really do hope we will get a good coach next year. Please the team for once, not the media… I really liked Carbo’s system more, we had a great setup in the offensive zone and everything was clicking. Slump or no slump, i think Gainey shoulda let Carbo coach this team. With the heart this team has.. He could really make things work. Just seems lke as soon as we face a high pressure team, the team doesn’t know what to do with the puck..

67. tdrmoss84 says:

and of the 86 and 93 cup winning teams there was one constant…St Patrick…god bless em!

68. Iceberg84 says:

How about this? Sit Lapierre, send Pyatt back to Hamilton

Cammalleri – Plekanec – A. Kost

Gionta – Gomez – Pouliot

Moen – Moore – S. Kost

Darche – Metro – Bergeron

Defense

Markov – O’Byrne

Hamrlik – Spacek

Gorges – Gill

69. Habsrule1 says:

Price did what a back-up is supposed to do. He went and got a point on the road against a very good team. He deserved better, but he did his job.

JM made the decision to play Price based on this:

We were almost expected to lose, so if we lose partially cause Price was rusty, so be it. We come back with Halak and win….2 points. If we lose with Halak, then start Price against Florida, and we lose cause Price is rusty….0 points. It was an easy decision.

As far as who was on the ice when we lost….most of you bitch & moan cause JM is too defensive. He put out his offensive minded players to have a better chance of getting a breakout and scoring. If Cammalleri scores in the empty net, everyone is happy. It didn’t happen…get over it. We outplayed one of the best teams (Ryan Miller) in the East.

3 out of 4 points in this back2back would be a success…..and we can still do that with half the game we played last night.

70. Bugs says:

So to recap: you have ZERO corroborative evidence to support your accusation against me? Only vague memories of what you perceived I was talking about taken totally out’ve context now as “talking down” to folks?

That’s what I thought.

You’re done, Gorm. Thanks for playing.

71. tdrmoss84 says:

Good call on the netminder thing…Halak tonight and Price for the saturday matchup against the best goalie to play the game…great news on 32 coming back though…hooray!  He’s gonna look like someone from a Rob zombie flick…good luck Travis!

72. Bugs says:

More unaccountable double-talk. It’s certainly not the last line of defence’s fault when ANY last-minute defeats occur. Of course not.

And in the shootout? Where he had his SECOND chance to win for the team? How many guys in front of him then?

Oh, and for the FIFTH time: I’m not blaming him for the loss; I’m blaming him for not playing like a num5 overall pick with pedigree that’s been in the NHL for three years and who we should expect more from at this stage to pull off some GAME-SAVING miracles. You know, like Halak has done?

“i know hockey; you don’t know hockey” blah-blah-yeah-yeah. Total weakness for emphasis, Simpleton Jack, bravo.

73. Top Corner says:

No one could stop that momentum last night…..we all knew they were going to tie it up….EVEN THE REFS

Price played great , he deserved the shutout….but small apples now.  All we need are “W”s…points…and a post season birth vs. them sabres……we could win a 7 game series with those clowns. I want it BAD!

74. Anonymous Canadiens Fan says:

Very well put Keepthefaith. Seems this is going on after every story lately….haha. (checked, and that’s how you spell “haha” Bugs)

75. matraque says:

Yeah… just like sacha baron cohen.  Except he’s not a coach.

——

Komisarek: 0 – 4 – 4 (-9)

76. Off-side says:

That incompetent coach coached and won six games, and two OT’s out of nine.  If you have nothing good to say, there’s a ‘x’ at the top-right of your screen.  Click it and go back to work.  Oh, wait.  Maybe you don’t have a job because you complain so much.  Sorry to get ugly.  I just really don’t like you.

77. Don Carnage says:

Anything I says is a load of BS. Sigh. What a useless, incompetent person I am.

78. Habsrule1 says:

Seriously…if Scotty Bowman was the coach you’d say the exact same thing if he didn’t do everything you wanted.

Perhaps there are actually people in this world that know more about hockey than you?

79. Habsrule1 says:

The idea is more for when you come out to cover your angleS, hence less “weak” goals, but whatever….obviously you must be right. What if you asked Price and that’s how he felt too…and Fleury. I guess they don’t know as much as you either.

80. SLONCOLD says:

and what is the color under the ice in the crease? thought it was light blue…. oh ya it is. also what about all the goalies who are struglin with white based pads? i can give u a list if u would like. if you’re deep in your net players see holes regardless of the color of your pads.

fleury got better in his game when he stopped over comitting on his lateral displacements….

81. SlovakHab says:

hope it’s not true

82. habzfan2003 says:

My only hope is that a timeout will be called tonight!!

83. habzfan2003 says:

Oh, and maybe not try for the empty net hatrick goal??? Any1???

84. habs001 says:

the major problem on this team is the limited number of mobile d we have…not enough of them can carry the puck out of our zone or help out the forwards in scoring chances…when other teams d pinch it causes a lot of problems when we try to pinch we get caught on 2-1 many times…gill,gorges,obyrne have almost no offensive abilties,,,spacek and hammers offensive days are way behind them..this is why it should be no suprise that on most nights we score 2 goals or less 5-5…one game success vs caps,pitts,new jersey is nice but i just dont see this d standing up to them in a series where we are playing them every other night.. subban could a solid option to bring up but only if he is here for the  last few games of the season and not called up when we are 3 games behind…it is very unlikely that no d will not get injured in the playoffs and somehow mab full time d is scary….but really we should be undefeated as i have not seen one goal scored on price that someone did not post halak would have stopped it or vice versa…the type of goals price and halak gave up are given up 100 times each week throughout the nhl…just watch sport centre highlights…

85. Storm Man says:

Martin for coach of the year LMAO he has lost his mind….

86. crabvader says:

Moen’s a badass.

87. mike g says:

I guarantee you RDS promised to pay triple to braodcast tonight’s game if Lapierre was put back into the lineup…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

88. Drive4twenty5 says:

cant be true

“Well, he’s a thoroughbred, and maybe your wife doesn’t recognize that, but then again, I can’t bake bread all that well. We all have different skills.” …Bob Gainey “Classic”

89. A. Berke says:

While JM is running the show, if I were you I wouldn’t hold my breath.

In the land of “bilingual and/or francophone coaches are obligatory” that’s what we get.

Ali B.

90. Eliisa says:

Moen is a badass. That is a pretty impressive cut and a beauty of a shiner. Isn’t there a saying somewhere about women preferring scars? ;)

Can they please win this one tonight? To make up for the final three minutes of last night.

91. Eliisa says:

There is no way, Sunshine. Surely there must be an error, no?

92. mrhabby says:

geeee. i wonder why.

93. A. Berke says:

I don’t believe he lost his mind but if you say: “he lost his good coaching ability – or he may never had it” you’ll find quite a few people agreeing with you (including myself).

IMO, our team deserves better.

Let’s hope for a good game tonight.

Ali B.

94. crabvader says:

Hamr used to be much more offense than he is now when he was drafted 1st overall. He had to learn to become defensive-minded and eventually he became a stay-at-home type of D-man.

PK Subban will not shy away from carrying the puck. Also, depending on their progress, Weber and eventually Bennett have that potential aswell.

Right now, we are lacking. Markov definitely lost a step since his injury and it’s hurt us a little bit.

Still, not many teams have the luxury of good puck moving D.

What we really need to do is stop trying to force our way through the boards with our small offence and make short passes through the neutral zone and build up speed through the middle. Other teams WILL take penalties that way. You’re playing into a big and slow D-man’s bread and butter when you try to force it through the boards because he gains the leverage of said boards and uses his superior weight and size to snuff out the play. Going through the middle can be unpredictable for them; they could get caught cheating, they will hook to slow you down and they will get interference penalties. Gomez is a very fast skater, Gio aswell, Cammy too when he uses his jets. Andrei K. needs to go through the middle and use his patented screen-shots.

All I want from the third and fourth lines are for them to crash the net. Hit it hard and hit it often. If you get one interference penalty a game but you manage to rattle the netminder (not hit him, just shake him up cause he won’t feel comfortable), then you’ve done your job because he will play deep in his net and that will create more chances to score for our shooters.

You know who endorses this style of play? Guy Boucher.

Trotter, Desharnais and co. have had HUGE success ramming the puck down the opposition’s front door because they use their speed and passing ability to their advantage. We are not lacking finish (anymore) nor are we lacking passing ability with Gomer, Pleks and Sergei, (Pouliot also manages to make some nifty ones).

We just need guys to bother the opposition’s goaltenders and stop banging our heads on that brick wall called dump n’ chase. The only time I’d like to see them dump and chase is on the PK or when they need to change lines.

95. forskis says:

Let’s not use THAT excuse….after all, Darche is out so they scratched one local for another…

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

96. crabvader says:

I’ve got a couple of good ones, haha.

Good for Moen for coming back so soon and I know he’ll continue to play his game… unlike some divas who get hit and it changes their entire careers.

Moen plays a hard-nosed game where him getting hit doesn’t affect his game. Gotta admire that.

97. Say Ash says:

believable

98. mrhabby says:

hmm, what, hmm, what..i was not thinking that…okay maybe a little.

99. somerslovesthehabs says:

Moen with the winner tonight would be sweet…go Travis go and GO HABS GO!!!

Halakulous

100. crabvader says:

Lapierre’s worst qualities: Horrendous puck control, doesn’t win many battles, takes stupid penalties and makes lazy plays.

Good qualities: (please just read before you say there are none) Good speed, hits more than the average Hab, shows some signs of life at times when he wants to, decent shot.

He is yet another who can’t seem to give it 100%.

His puck control, to me, is his downfall. It is terrible. The rare times he does maintain control of the puck, he looks like a Ryan Kesler prototype… it’s just too bad those times were far too few.

He’s got a decent wrist-shot, no slapshot as far as we can see but he can make some nifty passes when his game is on.

I believe his confidence is completely and utterly shot and he is trying too hard to regain it. He’s not keeping things simple and he is trying to do too much before he even has the puck.

When Darche was first called up, it seemed like Lapierre was on the turnaround…but he just went back down again.

His dirty hit on Nichol really killed any momentum he was slowly building up for himself aswell.

101. Canus says:

When did the Habs trade Gill to the Penguins? According to toronto sports network, and in one of thier articles, Gill is playing  for the Pens. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=315430

102. mike g says:

Alright, that’s the last straw for JM in my books….

He takes out Darche. A career minor leaguer, who’s bustin’ his ass to stay up here and has earned his spot on the team. A guy who wears that jersey and crest with wayyyyy more pride than most players on the team. A guy who’s been going into the corners on every single shift no matter the score. A guy who’s been blocking shots, playing the front of the net on the PP, and properly done every single thing asked of him. A guy who’s been the hardest working forward on the Habs in the past month not named Gionta….

Way to reward hard work JM. Way to get the respect of your players, the guys like Darche who go out there every single shift and bust their asses to protect no more than 1 goal leads because of your defensive/passive attitude and system. Way to go buddy, I hope the players in the room turn on you. You don’t piss where you sleep, and JM you have just pissed on those who’ve busted themselves all year so that you could have a winning record and sleep properly at night….

On a less frustrating, but equally dumb decision, Glen Metropolit is scratched. Your leading PP goalscorer is scratched during a stretch when your powerplay has been more helpless than an ant stuck in a tornado…

All this to replace them with Lapierre….WOW. Way to go JM (clap, clap)…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

103. topher5468 says:

Damn, I guess no audio, I was waiting to hear the some of the teams comments about last night and Tonights game.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

104. Storm Man says:

SCOTTY BOWMAN….. Don’t trade Price hmmmmm guess now the case is closed

105. topher5468 says:

No offense to SB But I thought Miller was the best player on the ice, Price was 2nd.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

106. WindsorHab-10 says:

Darche out, Lapierre in. What the hell is JM smoking? If we had a few more Darches & less lapierres, we would be fighting for the conference lead. Don’t care what the Habs do this year, this “tool” of a coach should not be back next year.

107. WindsorHab-10 says:

IMO, Sabres & Devils are the luckiest teams when facing the Habs.

Hate them both.

108. Canus says:

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Also, I would add to that, why the heck does he put on A. Kost in the shootout. He’s useless in shootouts. Watch previous games, watch the Olympics (actually S. Kost in the Olympics), but, both of them just can’t do shootouts.

109. keepthefaith says:

Traded him last night, in my wildest wettest dream.

110. Storm Man says:

The game has passed him by

111. jimmy shaker says:

Wow, and WOW again…..Is this coach for real?  What an absolute disgrace this guy is.  Darche, who has done nothing but good things since he’s been here and Metro, our leading PP goal scorer, who has good hands and can work both ends of the ice, to the presser.  Lapierre and Pyatt have to be the odd men out of the lineup, everyone see’s that, how can JM NOT!  I almost want us to lose, to prove to everyone once and for all, that this coach is a fraud and has no business coaching even a timibits team.  UNBELIEVABLE, I feel gutted and JM is gutless.

Shaker, pissed and more pissed!

112. spoonfullofjelly says:

I’d listen to Scotty more then anyone in the game. But that’s just me.

113. topher5468 says:

I hate them both as well, but I have a hard time saying great goaltending is luck, which is what happens when we play the Devils most times and usually against the Sabres as well.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

114. spoonfullofjelly says:

uhm…….is Metro hurt? if not, JM been huffing a bit too much gas…

115. SeriousFan09 says:

I think JM got a bag of what Darryl Sutter’s been smoking.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

116. crabvader says:

Metro and Darche must feel like prom night dumpster babies..

117. SeriousFan09 says:

Last night, Special Trade Deadline exception, we got Crosby in return.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

118. Storm Man says:

That is my point in my post the case on who this team keeps Price is the one we keep and trade Halak the next Theodore

119. Off-side says:

Please, please kind sir, what the hell does JM not being an anglophone have to do with anything?  Please put your racist, non-effective, repugnant comments aside.  Let’s play hockey.  Period.

120. spoonfullofjelly says:

there is no need to call him the next Theodore, he could be, he might also ned up being the best goalie in the NHL. we don’t know.

121. Canus says:

Just Crosby! Damn, fire PG, he could have gotten more, ie Malkin and Fleury to back up our back up Price.

122. KGB_AKA4787 says:

damn is there a position at tsn for me ill do it probono if i have to lol

123. Habby_Haberton says:

He put him in because he scored 2 goals that game and scored in both of his last two shootouts…makes sense to me.

Cammalleri was a worse choice since he is still rusty. Either way, shoot-outs are always a coin toss.

124. habsperspective says:

Dumbo, not JM, could coach just as good.

Flap, flap, flap!

125. Storm Man says:

My friend im roflmao the best goalie in the NHL please stop smoking what JM is smoking in 4 years we won’t hear the name Halak he will be in the KHL

126. Castor says:

You know, I’ve been DEFENDING JM for a while now…but last night’s last 15 minutes and today’s RIDICULOUS decision really ticks me off.

“Hey, the Powerplay is really struggling. Let’s BENCH OUR TOP POWER PLAY SCORER”

This is the first time I’ve been really ticked off at this guy. (Other than just annoyed at him)

127. light_n_tasty says:

Disturbing, as I’m sure you are aware.

128. bwoar says:

Good to see everyone complaining about lineups.  Brings me back to the good old days when everyone thought Carbo was bat-scat crazy.  Funny, his nutty lineups often won us games.  Could be just a bit premature to roast JM on that score.

However he is as “good” as Carbo for calling timeouts, so there is still *that* we can hang on him. I hope he takes his nap before the game this time.

129. Castor says:

For one of the first times…I’m leaning your way on this.

130. Top Corner says:

it feels GOOOOOD !!!!  I was scared sh*tless after….however iam not being paid top dollar….so iam full cage now all the time….Full roster and they sit Metro ???  Hes a grinder but lets get this W

GO HABS GO

131. madmat411 says:

Ok , WOW, Darche AND Metro? Someone is nuts here….Both of those guys are a billion times better the Lapierre. This is messed up

OH and Some may disagree, but I believe Price AT LEAST deserved one more game after an amazing game

132. Habscat says:

I agree. Metro and Darche have been 2 of our hardest workers…not like that punk Lapierre. Besides that, Metro has been playing well, leads the team in PPG, and is a UFA that frankly I would like us to re-sign. Way to make him feel like we want him around JM.

http://gushuecards.webs.com/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRRiyN3A0pg

133. jimmy shaker says:

Now that I’ve calmed down and thought about it…..I still hate JM and can’t believe how horrible his decisions are and are getting.  The only reason Metro and Darche have to be sitting is that one has a little knock and the other has the flu.  Because if JM is sitting them just to sit them, I wish JM 5 days of diarrhea, and a toothache to boot!  And the biggest brightest pink slip when the season is over……then enter MR.Larry Robinson!

Shaker

134. SeriousFan09 says:

Agree about Price, personally suspect Lapierre has compromising pictures of JM.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

135. nHL80 says:

agree with comment on Price.  I’m a slightly bigger Halak fan, but it’s nice to see Price giving a solid effort last night.  Having 2 great goalies can only help our team.

136. mike g says:

Same here……where do I sign

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

137. KGB_AKA4787 says:

especially Darche what a hard working guy who gets the boot cuz JM likes smoking on some hoot!

138. topher5468 says:

Awesome family guy reference

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

139. topher5468 says:

That was my initial thought as well

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

140. linp says:

Judging from the last 3 games, the two guys should be sitting are Pouliot and Lapierre. But Pouliot is a perfect fit to Gomez’s line when he is active and play hard. More patience is needed for him. Playing Lapierre over Metropolit is political. But they are both 4th line center. They will not decide the outcome of the game. Now that we have MAB and Cammalleri, Metropolit will not be missed for the PP. I am still waiting to see MAB to fire his cannon during the PP. I prefer Pyatt over Darche. Pyatt is learning a lot from Gionta. He has a future in the big club if he continue to develop.

141. Off-side says:

I like Sasha Cohen a lot.  I don’t like you.  So now whenever I see your user photo, I don’t like Sasha Cohen.  Please, can you put your real photo up so I have someone better to dislike?

142. SeriousFan09 says:

Only thing that might be gained tonight from Metro sitting is that it will force JM’s hand to use Pouliot on the PP unit with Gomez/Gio, giving them size and a front of net prescence they can employ, tired of seeing Hamrlik/Spacek with Gio/Gomez/Metro playing a complete perimeter game.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

143. light_n_tasty says:

What? Metro is out?  Who will be they Key to the PP?!?!

Seriously though, if Metro-Darche for Crapierre-Moen makes a difference, we have bigger problems than coaching.

144. hab_skill says:

I agree woth you, however I am extremely happy to see Moen in the line-up. We could have used him in the final minutes last night.

145. STZA says:

Doesn’t get much better than Jesus riding a T-Rex!

146. The Teacher says:

If I was a new fan, I’d ask why there is an uproar, being a Montrealer and used to this (I am assuming) language BS, a great big yawn is my reaction.

I thought Darche was doing his job, but he HAS looked a little slower lately. Metro has been pretty invisible for a while now, except for a one game spurt a few games ago.

Lapierre should be hungry tonight, which is why he comes back in. Moen can give his mates a lift, seeing as how badly he was cut. I think we will see the effort tonight.

147. The Teacher says:

A while back, I too felt the same way. Now I realize that Timo is Timo, and while I do feel a little sorry for him because he is so negative and that is not healthy, he does know hockey at some level and I’ll take 10 of him over 1 of some of the other posters or poster on here ;)

148. KGB_AKA4787 says:

usless in shootouts are u crazy dude what the hell are u saying andrei has the quickest wrister sergei has the smoothest hands after plecs why would u not flip the coin on one of these guys in the shooutout, as a matter of fact he went with andrei cuz andrei scored a beauty against TO on saturday u fool

149. Iceberg84 says:

Well one of us is gonna have to change avatars. :)

150. hab_skill says:

Indeed! Ill switch mine. No Problem.

151. dh says:

Not sure if they’re a million times better but they seem to have a work ethic that Laps lacks.

152. twocents says:

Pleks at his best 29/69, Gomez 33/84.

Adam Oates circa Capitals era?

153. andrewberkshire says:

I think Gomez’s 30 goal season can safely be called an aberration. Plekanec scores 20 or more every year, Gomez is more of a 15-18 guy.

154. twocents says:

Aberration or not Gomez at his BEST has produced better than Pleks at his best. In addition, Gomez has 3 other season that match Pleks at his best. And Gomez has never sunk to Pleks’ 39 of last year.

Gomez has an ability to impact a game on a pacing and tone level that Pleks has seldom displayed. Gomez’s ability to take the puck from his own end into the offensive end reliably and consistently is a huge factor. While their PK ability is close, I also give Gomez the edge there. He displays stronger leadership qualities in my opinion, based on his ability not to get down when things aren’t rolling for him and the respect he gets from the refs. Pleks clearly has the edge in goal scoring, but a five time 50 assist man clearly has the playmaking edge on a player who has yet to match that in 5 full seasons.

I am not suggesting Gomez is way better than Pleks, but I do believe he is at the very least marginally better.

155. gohabsgo13 says:

I think that Carey Price played an excellent game yesterday but you do have to go back to Halak…he has been the unspoken number one as of late and this is the closest they have come to affirming that….now on to the “C”

156. fuhgawz says:

unspoken number 1 that loses to last place leafs awesome !

157. habs03 says:

Perfect timing on the back to back, good thing is a Habs win and a
    Philly loss to Minni, and were 3 points clear of them sitting in 6th.
    With everyone how wheelchair GM blaming Price for last night, when one
    Scotty Bowman himself says “Dont trade Carey Price”, in todays Gazette.
    Play the same way we did last night and we’ll be good to go.

I posted this is the other tread but I’ decided to copy paste it here, look at what Scotty Bowman said after last night’s game. Another note, I know JM isn’t a fan favorite, but for the first 55 min of the game his game plan worked perfect, they had 42 that were all from the outside. If only it wasn’t for the OB penatly

158. habs03 says:

So sorry, I replied to the wrong post!

159. JD_ says:

If I could save time in a bottle
    The first thing that I’d like to do
    Is have Price make every play
    Till eternity passes away
    Just to celebrate wins with you

…with apologies to Jim Croce.

Painful.

A little bit of karma coming back to bite the Habs after they pulled the same shiznat against Anaheim. I was hoping the HSBC at center ice stood for Habs Smash Buffalo Cranium and instead we got Habs Suck Buffalo C…

The Habs recover their short-passing game, after a two-game absence, and effectively nullify an early and aggressive Sabres forecheck, Price is stopping everything through more traffic than one gets at the Autoroute 720 de-la-Montagne exit on a home game night, Cammy’s doing the little things that are key to the 2nd line’s puck possession game and AK cashes twice, and then…

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Good thing we’ve been through this before as fans. The experience helps buffer the pain. I hate to think of what a n00b fan goes through the first time he or she has to witness this s***.

I’ve been ranting on this issue for as long as I can remember. When a coach feels he’s been sold short by the refs, and gets on their case, it invariably gives his team an edge. The pendulum doesn’t have to swing very far to change the game’s patina. All it takes is a subtle shift in the refs’ WhistleReflex(TM) and the game’s outcome is affected.

Buffalo head coach Teddy Roosevelt lost it. It had an effect on the game.

I’ve only seen one notable outburst from Jacques Martin this year. I’m not asking him to start up a Cirque du Soleil trapeze act a la Carbo, but I would like to see more emotion. Again, you don’t have to be an a-hole, but the coach’s relationship with the on-ice officials is a factor in any game and I just don’t see any intimidation emanating from behind our bench.

Yeah, Teddy got warned. Big deal. No bench penalty. A couple of refs with sweaty armpits, though.

By the way, this is no excuse for what happened at the end. I’m in no way putting this one on the refs. The Habs delivered for 58 minutes and then succumbed to a team desperate to score. If anything, it was at that point the Habs’ effort should have been redoubled.

This is just about looking ahead.

On an unrelated note, James Duthie is a TSN untouchable. Most entertaining sports moderator on TV. By far. He’s probably really cool to hang with. Would be great to see him host a Coach’s Corner segment. He’d likely end the segment by saying, “You’re watching Hockey Night in Canada on CBC,” and with the TV now showing some panoramic view of the city and the game’s score, “You know, Don, the problem is you’re a fat ol’ throwback douche. And that suit. C’mon, what’s the matter with you?”

Finally, when Dominic Moore skates back to the bench out of breath, why does this guy always come to mind?

JD

160. habs001 says:

maybe martin is saving his blowup for game 7 in the playoffs

161. smiler2729 says:

Teddy Roosevelt, Lindy Ruff LOL, good one.

162. petefleet says:

Huh?

Go Habs Go

163. slapshot777 says:

I agree.  This is what I don’t get about about these weak calls.  Like you said  Jimmy ” I know they say the ref in the offensive zone’s job is to only follow the puck and look for goals “

In this situation the puck is in the feet of the two players involved, so Auger didn’t have to look anywhere else. So he saw the play unfold in front of him and saw nothing to call. Yet Devorski the dumb dumb that he is must have been bored and wanted to call something to get noticed.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

164. wotever says:

Really, you don’t think the two players 33 and 35 are sitting because they need the rest, and the 24 year old young guy who they wanna know if he _wants_ to play is being allowed to show it, against a team that is 4.5 games behind us, so important but not critical?  Not to mention he’s big and made of rubber.

Geez, I’d think if anything the fans will turn on him if he phones another game in, so I don’t think they’d actually be doing him any favours.

Occam’s razor dude.

165. Mrhab24 says:

Moore is looking real good tonight. How much of a hit will he be I wonder?

166. jimmy shaker says:

And please bench hammer….he has sucked large lately……And not because of another shite call from Devorski either.  He’s been horrible of late, and like tommy knickle has been saying, “why aren’t people complaining about his contract of 5.5mill per.?”  Anyhow, what happened to being able to battle in front of the net like in the old days, now you have to front the guy like in basketball or something.  If you want to stand in front of the net/goalie you better be willing to pay the price, not get a free pass and if you do happen to get hit, go down like a girl and get the stripes to fall for it and give you the call.  No wonder Larry Robinson hates the new rules….so do I.

Shaker

167. J Haul says:

I’ve only just read the headline here, but it seems to be a case of coaching at it’s worst. Lapierre over Darche and Metropolit? What has he done to warrant a spot over those twi hard working guys. Also, I know you shouldn’t lose your spot to injury, but Moen definitely looks like he could use another day or two off… ouch.

Finally, I know people will get all bent out of shape, but Price deserved another start after his performance last night. It’s sad how well he played and yet still got tagged with a loss. I’m sure he’s all fired up and wants to be back in there. I think if he was given that opportunity you’d see an epic performance.

168. hab lifer says:

I don’t get it. Lapierre, who does nothing on the ice, plays, while Metro, who leads the habs with 10 PP goals, sits! what gives? now I know for sure that JM is the worst coach in the NHL and by far has no idea about a player’s work ethics. Metro works hard while the FRANCO, LAPIERRE,  IS OUT TO LUNCH!

so much for rewarding players for hard work. It’s nice to be a franco in this city. you get rewarded for the language you speak,  instead of being chastized, while the deserving anglo player gets dumped on!

so much for being fair!

169. HabFanSince72 says:

You really think Lapierre is being rewarded for being French?

Why was he benched in the first place?

What a load of BS.

170. HabFanSince72 says:

How do you know Metro doesn’t have a minor injury? Or that JM doesn’t think Lapierre will respond to his wake up call?

etc etc …

171. Chris F says:

If Lapierre doesn’t play absolutely amazing tonight the coaching staff will look like fools. I choose to stay positive even though I hate Lapierre. Can you imagine if Metro or Cammy or Gionta or Pleks were 6’2″ and 200 pounds, man that would be amazing. How do you play an entire game and not get noticed except for your coverage of the other d-men when they have the puck and you skate by them with one hand on your stick and the other hand held out like your playing prevent defence in basketball. Just watch Lapierre tonight, see how many times he does this. Wow, he sure can skate though! What a joke, Lapierre is a floater, I hope he reads these comments,

Hey Lapierre! Your a FLOATER, A FLOATER, A FLOATER!

172. jimmy shaker says:

Too late in the season to warrant another start based on merit……JM and everyone here knows he had to go back to Jaro for tonight……..Jaro get’s the results, bottom line!

Shaker

173. Fansincebirth says:

Could it be that Metro is just exhausted and is being rested on the b-b games? Keep him with a little fuel in the tank for the playoffs?

174. WestHab says:

I promised myself to give JM a first year benifit of a doubt.  But now I’m beinging to doubt that I can hold off.

Enjoy the game!

175. Mrhab24 says:

UP 2-0 and here we go with the penalties again!!!

176. dre1744 says:

I can’t remember who it is on this site that keeps  saying we should trade Gionta!!!!!!  Well  the guy should wake up and smell the coffee  cause night in and night out Gionta  is probably one of our best players on the ice!!!!!

177. slapshot777 says:

What is it lately with giving up late goals only to hang on for life. I always disliked the sitting back approach.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

178. petefleet says:

Worst example of an obstruction penalty I’ve ever seen.  Two refs is and always has been a waste of ice.  The penalty before O’Byrne’s was called by a guy 80 ft away while the ref right on top of the play didn’t see fit to make a call.  Pathetic.  Two ref system should go away but sadly it won’t.

Go Habs Go

179. slapshot777 says:

Totally agree Gionta brings it every night. Just imagine how many goals he might have had if not for the injury. He sits at 25 right now.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

180. lavie says:

The NHL Penalty should be re-defined after this game.

181. jimmy shaker says:

Horseshite call……..I remember when you used to have to almost kill somebody to go down 2 men for a 5 on 3.  The worst part is the first call on Gill Devorski made the call and he was the far official, auger closer to the play didn’t even flinch to put his arm up.  So the ref with a worse view of the play makes the call…I always love that one.  I know they say the ref in the offensive zone’s job is to only follow the puck and look for goals, but c’mon……How did they do it years ago with the one ref system?  It was fine back then, and I wish they went back to it myself.  O’Byrne’s penalty wasn’t even close to being a penalty to go down one man, let alone a call like that to go down 2 men…pathetic.  Refs are seen and not heard….best example Paul Stewart, he was a great ref.

Shaker

182. slapshot777 says:

The thing that pisses me off is that neither one was a penalty. Gill never held the man and what makes it worse is that the ref is 20 feet away and sees the whole play and nothing is wrong yet a ref 80 feet away see a hold. How in the hell can that be?

Then the same dumb dumb ref calls O’Byrne on a interference. Another bullsh$t call two players going for the puck and bump each other a play that happens all the time, with NO PENALTY called. Yet this time it’s a penalty. How much more inconsistent officiating can you get.

Again I have to bit%h about JM and how the refs can call what they like against us and good old JM just stands there and looks dumb founded and says nothing. For God sakes man yell and scream at the officials, let them know your not letting them off the hook with weak calls. Make them accountable. For fu*k sake I’d even be happy if JM took a unsportmanlike just arguing the call.

Yet Jm just lets the officials go and doesn’t say a word. The question I have to ask does he even know what the difference is between a penalty and a bad call.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

183. SLONCOLD says:

I hear what you’re saying but i think the team is goign with Halak for the majority of the games anyways. I really feel for price after last night but if halak is your guy, then you go back to him regardless of price’s performance.

184. Brocas Brain says:

I think PG will get rid of JM before Price!  Price is PG’s boy just as much as he was Gainey’s.

185. Bryan says:

Well, considering he’s an RFA, he doesn’t really have a choice where he wants to sign, does he?

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

186. joeybarrie says:

Holy overreactions Batman……Do you really believe that?

Carey Price is our goalie. He is our future. Everyone knows this. It’s back to back games. Why wouldn’t he start Halak. They are both VERY GOOD.

People are taking this Price-Halak thing way too personal. Its a good thing they arent…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

187. fuhgawz says:

that was the last game we seen Carey Price play in a habs jersey people ……. sorry to say it and even more so to see him go next year.  You come out and play a hell of a game and the team lets you down the last 3 mins and your benched i would NOT resign with this team JM is an idiot.

188. mrhabby says:

all true.

189. VancouverHab says:

All of the above!

190. A. Berke says:

Agree on all points.

Ali B.

191. SeriousFan09 says:

Agree on all counts.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

192. light_n_tasty says:

1) T

2) T

3) Gomez in the 2nd half is a better player than Pleks.  Still not worth the money though.

4) False: there are many nights where he will be very good, and very determined, and we will still lose.  Like last night. So, perhaps important to some success, but not the Key to our Success, so to speak.

5) Trick question that may result in jinxes and reverse jinxes, and so I refuse to answer.

193. SmartDog says:

HOW MANY OF THESE STATEMENTS ARE TRUE?

1. Price deserved the shut-out. The team in front of him let him down.

2. Pleks play where he slid the pass to AK for the score was the prettiest play of the night last night.

3. The Gomez of the 2nd half is worth the money and a better player than Pleks.

4. The play and determination of Brian Gionta is key to our team’s success.

5. We’ll make the play-offs and BEFORE the last game of the season.

SD

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

194. andrewberkshire says:

4. Gomez at his best still isn’t as good as Pleks at his best. Gotta be able to score.

195. twocents says:

1. T

2. F, Sergei’s feed to Pyatt.

3. F/T, not worth the money, but better than Pleks.

4. T, amongst other things.

5. T

196. SLONCOLD says:

1. no one deserves anything, u have to earn it however hard it might be.

2. yup although miller and price has some nice saves as well that i would consider

3. i think plekz is better

4. no haveing the goaltending stealing games is

5. indeed we will with like 3-4 games left

197. SlovakHab says:

1. True. If not the shut-out, at least a win. Team and the coach let him (and us) down

2. Missed that play.

3. True. Plekanec’s contribution is diminishing lately. Goals, assists, face-offs. Is he a clutch player? I guess we’ll see in the Play Offs.

4. The play and determination of every player from now on is key to our team’s success.

5. True. Probably 2-3 games before the season is over.

198. keepthefaith says:

1. True…maybe not deserved a shutout but deserved a W.

2. False… Henrik Sedin spin around back pass to Burrows.

3. True… I cant believe you said that. It must be tongue in cheek.

4. Ummm… not sure about the KEY because he brings it every night and we do not win every night.

5. TRUE…keep the faith baby.

199. mike g says:

All of them

But, Gomez will never be worth the money. When he’s getting paid Crosby money, you can never say you’re getting good value.

But I totally understand and agree with your point. He’s signed with us, and we have to live with it. He was offered that contract, and he was very smart to take it. We all would have. But, he’s giving his 100% every shift right now, and that’s all you can ask a professional athlete to do.

I’m thrilled with Gomez’s recent play. He is a gamer.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

200. K-hab25 says:

1. It’s both, his teammates let him down, but no one deserves anything they have to earn it. 2. TRUE 3. Again both, He definitely isn’t worth that much, but I do think he’s better than Plec’s by a smidge 4.TRUE 5. TRUE

201. K-hab25 says:

I love it. I have fan. No autographs please. :-)

202. Xtrahabsfan says:

Douchebag-25 speaks again,lol

203. SLONCOLD says:

are you mentally stable? his GAA for the last 2 games was 2.00 lol

be a fan and not a fanatic

204. idle says:

Is that the same Leafs that are 7 & 3 in their last 10?

Maybe you think they should be 0 – 73 at this point??

It’s a MAB MAB world.

205. nunacanadien says:

What about the dismal only All Star appearance where the best and brightest NHL players did not support Price?  Or what about the 4 up and 4 down that branded Price a Thoroughbred Horse while the hockey wives were rioting in the streets of Montreal?  Or what about a dismal 3 season record so far that prompted Gainey to blow up the team?  Wasn’t that all for Carey Price?  What more do we have to do to make Carey Price happy in Montreal?

206. SmartDog says:

To be clear.. I don’t agree with all of these. And especially not Gomez being worth it.  Like someone else said – he’s getting Crosby level money.  He’s not Crosby.  Not ever.

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

207. mike g says:

I know I just said the same, lol…

But every single NHL team has players that aren’t worth the money they’re getting paid. At his salary, I’ll take him anyday over Drury, Briere, Redden, and Lecavalier. He’s playing better than all of those players this year, and seems to be fitting in nicely with his linemates….

So you can say we kind of have the best of the worst…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

208. VancouverHab says:

“Many a true word is spoken in jest,” SD old boy.

209. fuhgawz says:

good point Bryan …… but JM is still an idiot.

210. Jeff says:

No, Carey could sign an offer sheet for say 3-4 years at more $$$ and then….

Habs match….

or he leaves and the Habs get a 1st, a 2nd & a 3rd draft pick.

211. idle says:

Yes in hindsight it looks like that, but the question now is which one of those guys is Halak and which one of those guys is Price.

It’s a MAB MAB world.

212. smiler2729 says:

Some people thought Bunny Larocque should’ve started ahead of Ken Dryden (see 1979), Brian Hayward ahead of Patrick Roy (see 1988)

213. noelsroyce says:

And the drooling has been put on hold…indefinitely. Ah well, I guess I should focus more on the sport anyway :)

I’ll still wear my Price t-shirt as long as he’s a Hab.

214. SLONCOLD says:

PEOPLE YOU WIN AND LOSE AS A TEAM. GOALIES DON’T SCORE, FORWARDS DONT MAKE SAVES, SO STOP BLAMING SPECIFIC PEOPLE FOR EVERY LOSS

STOP SHITING ON PRICE OR HALAK. THERE IS A REASON WHY WE’RE 7TH-8TH AND NOT IN THE TOP4. WE AREN’T AS GOOD AS A TEAM AS THE TEAMS INFRONT OF US…. SO DEAL WITH IT ALREADY

215. Off-side says:

Right-on!

216. pablojinko says:

I’m not coach, but starting Halak it’s not like JM saying: “It’s okey team, it’s okey defense, you guys did everything perfect last night, the problem was the guy in nets and I took care of that” ?? “Go back and do the same thing tonight…

I don’t know if that was Carey Price’s last game in a Habs jersey, but if he leaves, I feel there’s a big chance he will be seen holding a Cup…

217. SLONCOLD says:

carey is in the backup roll dude, Halak is getting the majority of the games. i think that ‘s what JM is going with. i mean look at the games halak is gettign versus price. he played well but i believe halak is our guy for the rest of this year

218. G-Man says:

The only cup Carey will have is a cup of coffee.

219. Off-side says:

Price played an incredible game last night.  I am very proud of him.

220. linp says:

JM definitely lost it by not calling a timeout after the 1st goal and instead sent out AK and Cammi.

I think that either goalie will be doing fine for us. More critical is to have Pouliot playing like what he could do and get Gomez going again. Gionta will always be fine. Gomez needs room to operate.

I like pyatt. He plays like Gionta but without the big shot. He never stops working.

221. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

freedom of speech buddy thats why Ann Coulters a waste of a  hot milf

222. wotever says:

Zilf is more like it.  The most forbidden love of all, zombie love.

223. Jeff says:

R U riling dah boys today Timo?

Really funny, the anger is permeating this site now….LOL.

224. Off-side says:

Freedom of speech? Ann Coulter?  Is that why her speech was canceled?

225. HabsFanInTampa says:

Sorta like the theory that if I shave down there my johnson will look bigger. LOL

226. spoonfullofjelly says:

well I guess my sarcasm was not so evident……..lol…….obviously they don’t make you bigger……..I just look at it this way, his career with red pads…..has not been very good……..his career with white pads……has been good…….wear white pads Carey. and btw I’m with you, goalies look big if they’re out challenging and covering angles, colour of equipment does not matter.

and as for your last point, I’m not trying to be rude or anything, but how many NHL snipers do you know personally? how many of these 40+ goal scorers have told you this is what they do? just because guys on your team tell you this does not mean this is the way NHL players operate……aswell, it could be the way they operate, the way you said. However (unless your best buds with Ovechkin), you have no way of knowing this and neither do I. Your point leads me to ask, why do so many goals get scored 5-hole if they know he’s going to the butterfly?

227. SLONCOLD says:

i wanted to comment on this idea that white pads make you look bigger in net…. lol they don’t. Just because some guy told fleury doesn’t mean you all get to repeat it. I’m a goalie and want to know what makes u look bigger? challenge shooters and cover your angles… not the damn pad color. plus price has been getting beat up high a lot this year over his glove or blocker… so his pads being white again? come one….

If a goalie is playing his position properly players shouldn’t have much to shoot at. most players actually shoot to areas of the net where a goalie is covering but won’t cover once he goes down in the butterfly.

228. Habsrule1 says:

It was explained again last night. It’s harder for a player to focus because they don’t know where the ice ends and the goalie starts. Similar to black tape on a black puck…harder for another player to see it and take it away.

Just cause you don’t agree doesn’tmake you right either.

229. Habsrule1 says:

What crap? Price was given PLENTY of chances to grab the number 1 spot and, while he has had some really good stretches, he’s also had some bad ones. Hopefully his attitude is better than yours and his character is stronger because what he’s going through this year (a lot of bad breaks and tough luck) will hopefully make him stronger and get him to work even harder. Rumour has it that his work ethic has dramatically improved since Halak took over the number 1 job.

He’s 22 and he can gain some great experience just watching Halak right now. Anything short of a Cup for Halak this year, and Price will still be the future of the organization….I believe.

230. nunacanadien says:

You think PG is going to admit a mistake?  Nope not a chance in hell.  He’ll force Price to stay and we’ll be forced to watch another 3 years of dismal Price plays, where he plays brilliantly and then lets in the floaters with 3 minutes left in the game and blows a 2 nothing lead, not the first time Price has given everything up.

231. Habsrule1 says:

I agree about the timeout. I think he should have called one. I also think the assistants should have suggested it (I don’t know if they did).

Besides that, I already explained why he doesn’t have a Cup ring.

232. Say Ash says:

Note to JM: Puff, puff, give!

233. zozotheclown says:

I’m not a fan of using Laps over Metro, but really, tinkering with your bottom line doesn’t change much overall. If anything it gives the older Metro a bit of a break with so many games this week, and gives Laps a last chance to see if he can really bring it this season, he should be pretty motivated with his playoff job on the line. I’m more upset with JM for yesterday then some minor 4th line changes today.

234. Habscore says:

Ha!!! lol not a bad idea

235. Flabadagub says:

Take it easy folks. Remember when we finished 1st in division?? Guys like Tom K and Begin were healthy scratches for what seemed no reason. Seems to me we were healthy then, no injuries, just as we are now. Heck, Dandeneault was scratched every friggin’ game down the stretch and were compalining steady. Somebody’s gotta sit out. Best if it’s 3rd liners and fringe players, no?

50 stitch cut does not heal much in 3 days, what the hell is up with him in the lineup already? I like that he is in but is he ready??

237. SeriousFan09 says:

Moen wants to play I suspect, wearing the shield to protect his face. I’d rather he had taken more time to recover but if he wants in, we could really use a Top PK and physical forward.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

238. KGB_AKA4787 says:

Who knows maby its a good idea that Big Glen is gonna sit for a game or two, so he leads the goals on the powerplay, but maby we should give both lines a chance to work more and more together now and get consitent ice time for pouliot, gomez and gionta, since he’s really hasn’t seen powerplay time, maby he can crash the net on the pp and tie up Latenderness for goals, WOW can’t believe im saying this but bring him back lol OH and on a side note Lap can do better that what hes showing this year!!! we all know that if he had 15-18goals this year no one would be talking smack!!!!

239. HabsFansince49 says:

Can someone fire up one good reason why Maxless is in the lineup tonight?

240. anotherhab says:

Wow the world is ending — Darche and Metro aren’t playing – call the hockey police!!!!  They really weren’t noticable last night ! What will happen next year when there’s a good posibility they aren’t signed (both UFA’s).  Mixing up the third and forth lines will keep those hungry.

“I find your lack of faith disturbing” Darth V

We just don’t know the WHY of some things that really confuse me. The coaches have a game plan to play against Florida tonight. Metro and Darche out WHY? Lapierre in WHY? Price out WHY?

All the coaches talk about their game plan and choose the players that fits into their plan for best execution. But WHY don’t they just call me, I’ll tell um.

I am sure they have it all figured out how to take the two points tonight, or do they??

242. ed lopaz says:

i can not agree with metro and darche out..

i believe that darche has been a huge contributor to the team especially the run we had recently.

its the intangibles – energy, effort, i.e attitude

you win with guys like metro and darche in the lineup.

its that simple.

price? might never play again this season if halak wins games.

243. J Haul says:

hah.. I just posted something similar. I really don’t understand any of the decisions for tonight.

244. topher5468 says:

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Country, but I can’t stand College Basketball, Im so sick of it already. Actually I don’t like Nascar, Golf, Womens College Basketball or The NBA . Is it to much to ask for to have some hockey on ESPN. If not for the NHL, there never would have been an espn 2.  I never thought I would say this but I get excited to se Barry Mellrose. Speaking of Barry Mellrose, the NHL Network showed game 7 Leafs/Kings 93. I remember being happy the leafs lost, Now I wish we would have played and beat them. I think they were better than the Kings that year

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

245. keepthefaith says:

Is this the twighlight zone or something É   This is the second time i agreed with this guy today.

On a side note.  Why do all my question marks make this É.

246. kakey says:

The typing language of your operatiing system is set to Canadian French, thus the É instead of ?.

247. ken says:

Boone, do you know if it is  true that Gainey was offering Halak to Philly for a second rounder in February?

248. andrewberkshire says:

Couldn’t be. Phili doesn’t have a second rounder.

249. spoonfullofjelly says:

About Carey Price if you all have not heard it enough. He Played a very good game, looked like his old self out there. I honestly think it’s that white equipment. He looked big in the net last night. With that red gear he looked tiny, he looked big infront of the net again.

Now we need a huge win against a not very good team, so Jaro will go and win, no problem with that. It’s about the team.

But once again, I think the more fans Montreal gets, the intelligence of the fans goes down in general. I’m not going to lie I had prior engagements and had to leave with 10 minutes left in the third. When I got to my destination I asked the final score…And what I got was we lost 3-2 f’en Price can’t stop a shot . Ok I thought this a legitimate statement. Then I speak to someone else, he tells me, Ruff pulled the goalie, we were taking too many penalties, lots of bodies infront of the net and the pucks found their way in..Ok I thought perhaps this is what happened..

So upon further review of the situation, one guy is an idiot, the other guy has knowledge of the game…Makes me sad sometimes to be in the city with the greatest hockey market, but so many player’s fans instead of team fans.

250. Habsrule1 says:

Wow……I feel so much better now. If even Bugs can get bullied on this site, i feel much better about it happening to me a few times.

Don’t change Bugs. these people will grow up and understand your posts eventually.

251. K-hab25 says:

The wabbit is a cocky, arrogant, A-hole. Who probably got bullied alot in school and this his way of getting revenge on the big dumb bullies. By hiding behind an internet character pretending to be intellectually superior to everyone. We “get” the wabbit alot better than you think. We just don’t like the condescending way he spews bull from his mouth.

252. longtimehabsfan says:

Nice shiner!

253. spoonfullofjelly says:

two thumbs up to that shiner.

254. twocents says:

Too man teeth, though. ;-)

255. Storm Man says:

Why is Moen playing tonight???? Guess Martin is going to have him play the pp this guy needs a wake up call Moen is sandpaper he going to play like my sister tonight. I hope that PG see that Halak is nothing more then the next Theodore and trades him at the draft Price is then one that need to be number one on the club. Btw Boone should coach this team the rest of the way;)

256. SmartDog says:

Dang! Curse you! There you go with your FACTS and LOGIC again!!

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

257. andrewberkshire says:

Sorry! I keep forgetting that this is the internet!

258. Iceberg84 says:

Reminds me of the time I saw Radek Bonk at the Future Shop in Pointe-Claire the day after he took a puck to the face a few years ago. I think the game was against the Rangers, I don’t remember exactly, but it was pretty cool. His face looked a lot like that. I shook his hand and thanked him for taking one for the team.

259. Habsforlife 1959 says:

With a healthy lineup tonight…..There should be no excuses for a loss? Cannot wait to here the excuses if the Habs loses. IMHO Price will be back in on Saturday against Jersey. Just wait and see approach. Price will be Price against a 40 win goaltender in Marty Brodeur. Up against the best and things still will not change win or lose. Its time for Price haters to put the final knife into Price season. End of story come Saturday night.

OLE Price OLE.

260. SLONCOLD says:

unless halak lays an egg tonight i don’t think you’ll see price on saturday

261. twocents says:

True, but he missed an opportunity for the ultimate hockey mug shot by not taking them out.

262. SegerHabs says:

The Our History website has the Habs record (as of 2008-2009 season) at 25-26-6-2. This season, Montreal is 2-1, putting the All-Time record at 27-27-6-2.

In your opinion, with a win tonight and a 28-27-6-2 record, would you consider it being above .500 vs. the Panthers or not?……just curious

“We’ll be back in the high life again, all the doors I closed one time will open up again. We’ll be back in the high life again, all the eyes that watched us once will smile and take us in” – Steve Winwood

263. Iceberg84 says:

Your post was a bit confusing at first because you didn’t mention our record against the panthers until halfway through. But now that I get it, I’d say that no, even if they win tonight they still won’t have a winning record against the Panthers. In my opinion. Once they get to 30-27-6-2 then I’ll say they have a winning record. Ignore the ties, let’s say 27-27-2. Those two overtime losses are still losses IMO, not ties.