Hal Gill’s status still uncertain, Martin says

From Herb Zurkowsky:

Canadiens coach Jacques Martin refused to speculate on veteran defenceman Hal Gill’s status for the seventh and deciding game of the Eastern Conference semifinal series between Montreal and Pittsburgh.

“With Hal, it’s the same scenario … a game-time decision,” Martin said on Tuesday, following an optional practice and team meeting at the Canadiens’ Brossard practice facility. “With two more days’ rest, we hope it’ll be better. But we won’t know until tomorrow.”

Gill suffered a laceration behind his left leg on Saturday, after colliding with Penguins’ winger Chris Kunitz early in the third period. Gill skated Monday morning and in the pre-game warmup before being scratched.

Meanwhile, Martin said he expects winger Travis Moen will play tomorrow night. Moen blocked a shot late in Monday’s game.

“At this time of year, I think he’s going to be all right,” the coach said.
Moen, who admitted he was struck in the ribs, said he expects to play.
Seven players – Carey Price, Sergei Kostitsyn, Benoit Pouliot, Ben Maxwell, Glen Metropolit, Ryan O’Byrne and Mathieu Darche – skated for 30 minutes Tuesday morning, before the meeting.

Pouliot, deemed responsible for Sidney Crosby’s first goal of the series, at 7:22 of the opening period, was limited to five shifts and 2:43 ice time on Monday.

1. ArmyFan says:

Yay Pittsburgh.  Celebrate your hero for cross-checking Plekanec in the dying seconds of the game.  The only “perceived offence” was that Plekanec and the Habs are shooting holes in the Penguins’ (and the city of Pittsburgh’s) sense of ‘entitlement’.

I’ll bet on Sindy, too. $1000 says he pisses and moans and acts like a spoiled brat yet again in Game 7.

Wicked hockey player, but what an effing child he is.

2. TripleX says:

Really can’t defend his lack of a professional attitude but it is understandable Chris.  He feels rejected by the team and has burned his bridges.  Immature?  Yes.

The best thing for both parties is a clean start, his time in Montreal is over and everyone knows it.  The roster problems of the team due to call up restrictions and BGL is just prolonging the inevitable.

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

It’s not the top dog in the fight but the fight of the underdog.

Three great articles about the Habs improbable run:

Habs overcoming adversity to reach mythic status

The Morning Skate: No Quit in the Canadiens,
    Honor for Orr

Upstart Canadiens making most of improbable
    playoff run

5. mike g says:

Oh man guys, just thinking about tomorrow night….

One more win, and were in. One more win, and the top dogs are out; all of them, gone home. WSH, PIT, NJ- all out of the race, and only BOS and PHI left. Wow, that would be seriously crazy. No need for the “underdog” title, and “oh, MTL has no chance of winning this series” bs.

Crosby, Malkin, Ovi and all the prima dona’s will be out of the way. No diving, crying and unfair PP’s to the other team. It could be a nice ride in the Conference Finals….

Man, would that be sweet or what.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

Why don’t you and PrimeTime go rent a room?

7. zamboni says:

I wouldn’t go as far as calling it a class

I think it is more a punishment than allowing him to practice.

Remember, they didn’t allow him to join his national team, now that would have been class.

I’m not criticizing the team for it, but to call it a class stretches too far, there’s always two sides to a story, the way Martin treated him this year doesn’t come anywhere close to calling it a class act.

8. Bash says:

Retro Monkey? Retro Monkey? Is that you?? I can’t hear you!

What’s that? You have a banana up your what??

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

9. The Cat says:

Thats God awful journalism right there…’The penguins wont lose their last game at mellon’…’Crosby wont let it happen’…’Im betting on Crosby’ etc

10. ed lopaz says:

Habs hockey = Smart hockey we work as a team, and we win as a team. we play 5 man defence – not just 2. we play with energy, we play with Subban (Pk could have been with us since the Olympics, but nevermind that)

people that are selfish always find new ways to disappoint the good people around them.

sergei is a very selfish young man.

11. Shublips says:

That was simply amazing!  The Habs are really playing like a team and winning as a result.  THIS reminds me of 93 more than any other year.

Yes, that Habs have a long way to go, but they are coming together at the right time and that is what winning in the playoffs is all about!

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137

12. SLONCOLD says:

did you see fleury’s beard? looks horrible

13. coachdoug says:

Looks like Plek is getting to Sid…

Hopefully the Habs will get in their heads early and often Wednesday…

“Save us Turtleneck Man…We need you now more than ever!”

14. ed lopaz says:

How crazy  is PK?

He is the first defenceman I have seen who has the foot work, speed, and skill to shut down Crosby down low.

He plays with an “edge” in his game, a toughness, that doesn’t back down from anyone, rips Matt Cooke, Crosby, Malkin, and Guerin away from the puck or from in front of Halak.

He moves the puck up the ice with great stick handling - excellent passing – great vision.

He skates at different speeds – effortlessly – or with another gear that seems to be faster than everyone

He plays the point on the power play and has a cannon for a shot – which we have not seen yet!

He plays smart – on the Penalty Kill – intelligent defensive zone coverage – switching off – attacking loose pucks, clearing the zone

He is a GREAT team player – with amazing enthusiasm for the game.

How cool is PK?

Gents, we are watching a future Norris Trophy winner here, and a future league MVP.

With PK, Halak, and Cammy – we have 3 legitimate NHL stars all emerging together.

This is NOT the same team that we watched all season.

When we get past tomorrow night……

15. Le Jadester says:

I completely agree Chris.

I as well have tried to see things from his perspective but yes this is becoming a gong show with him. Its one thing to be chapped about not playing, but when it gets to the point of bringing others down……..that is unacceptable.  I am assuming that he cannot handle this mentally and emotionally. Sad really.  That or the Leafs management have gotten to him !

He’s still an amazing player though, hopefully for him he will get another chance to redeem himself. I always like it when ex-habs players do well on other teams.  Makes us look good.

Habs, OLE !

16. SLONCOLD says:

mcgill has one:-)

won’t do too much for the acl though.

17. ArmyFan says:

He’s been disappointing.  But this time of year you never know what it could be.  He could have an injury that he’s trying to play with.  Groin, shoulder, hip – you don’t know, ’cause they’re so tight-lipped about it.

Could just be a recurrence of the injury that kept him out of the Habs’ lineup when they first picked him up. I think it was his wrist (?)

I, for one, hope that’s all it is and that he’s salvageable.

18. cerealkiller says:

nhl.com already has a “history will be made” video up about it. It’s a little different than the usual ones, though. Have a look at the main site, it’s worth it.

19. SPATS says:

I’m just speculating, but seems to me he’s lost 1/2 a step possibly due to poor conditioning and he’s lost his confidence as a result. He’s off balance a lot trying to make up the difference. He’ll need to hit the weightpile all summer long to show he’s got the work ethic to go with all the talent. I wish him well.

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

20. Chuck says:

Do the Habs own a hyperbaric chamber big enough for Gill? If so, shove him in there and let him breathe pure oxygen to help the healing process until game time tomorrow. And while you’re at it, make room for Markov in there, too.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

21. Le Jadester says:

I posted it earlier but will again………..Yer right, Lappy’s goal was a historic one for this second millenium of Les Canadiens. I was so happy the 100 year celebrations ended (not in a bad way, but in a way where these new cats can start to write their own history), and yesterday histroy was written (at least in my books).

I have such a love/hate relationship with Lappy too.

Habs, OLE !

22. ArmyFan says:

LMAO! NHL 94 was the BEST game EVER!!! I got a Genesis and that game for Christmas ’93.

Cycle out of the corner into the slot, hang on just long enough and the goalie couldn’t get over quick enough, shoot — goal ALWAYS.

The other AWESOME secret weapon on that game was Stephan Lebeau.  The starting forwards were Muller, Bellows, and (I think) Damphousse.  But as I much as I love Muller, you had to yank him and put Lebeau in.  He was UNSTOPPABLE! Drove my buddies NUTS!

23. idle says:

Russ Courtnall flying down center ice making a little jog step in front of the crease and then going back hand…net

Shane Corson rumbling down the boards cutting to the net and pushing players and pucks across the goal line.

And my favorite… Todd Ewen doing a spinorama and scoring top shelf

It’s a MAB MAB world.

24. lenny says:

just like expantion into the south, the history will be made commercials are over done!

25. Xtrahabsfan says:

About that Lapierre goal last night….What a thing of BEAUTY! Very proud of Max and loving that francophone heart …..reminds me of the past glories of Les Habatant….And did we need that goal at that moment,it was PERFECT !

26. FSUPhi1584 says:

According to my research, Pouliot will be subject to waivers due to the fact that he played exactly 11 games in 07/08 due to the 3 years for skaters rule. If I misinterpreted how waivers work, please let me know. I was really hoping we could get a big Power Forward this offseason, and stick Pouliot with Guy Boucher for some time. They should still leave him there for a year to really learn the game, because i don’t want to give up on a prospect that has such a high ceiling.

27. Habby2CU says:

Haha, totally.

Give Vinnie D the puck, take it outside, cut in front of the net – bang! Goal every time.

28. mike g says:

Yup..

Just like every good thing the NHL has, they’ve managed to piss all over it.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

29. Habscore says:

and yet, the Habs organization has so much class that they let him practise with the team. I guess today was his last chance.

– YES HABS CAN!! –

30. toinz says:

History
    will be made: Maxim Lapierre

What if there were no
    hometown heroes?

or as I call it

What is Lapierre learned
    how to score goals from NHL 93 on Sega Genesis

31. lenny says:

Now it’s gone really to far….I thibk he is playing out of his mind, bur Lappy…come on

32. mike g says:

And now……..Max Lapierre has his own “What if” commercial on NHL.COM….

check it out for yourselves…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

33. sh00n says:

We need to keep applying insane pressure from the get-go and close up on their perimeter guys and refrain from any stupid penalties. With the way this series has been called, we need to play extremely disciplined and not allow the refs to call it.

I have faith though. In past years I’ve had fear coming up for playoff games. Like our team, however, that fear is starting to feel like confidence that we’ll pull through. When we’d go down in the past, I’d be worried sick. Now, I wait for us to tie it up and take the lead.

Feels a little like 93! Here’s hoping the encore continues! GO HABS GO!

34. Johnny_Offensive says:

Meant to say also – when your team has given up a lead in all three losses and is 11-6 in even strength goals…you’re relying on a PP and a one-man show. I like our chances here, folks.

35. Chris Aung-Thwin says:

Sergei is not making the trip to Pittsburgh.

from RDS:

“Kostitsyn ne fait rien pour gagner des points auprès du personnel
    d’entraîneurs du Canadien. Mardi matin, l’instructeur des gardiens
    Pierre Groulx qui dirigeait la pratique, a chassé le cadet des frères
    Kostitsyn de la patinoire en raison d’un manque évident d’effort à
    l’entraînement.”

Translation:

Kostitsyn hasn’t been winning any points with the coaching staff. Tuesday morning goalie coach Pierre Groulx who was leading the practice chased the younger Kostitsyn off the ice because of an apparent lack of effort.

I’ve tried to defend SK before but this is getting ridiculous.

36. sh00n says:

Luongo shaved the beard, Pouliot HAS to get rid of the moustache. Worst facial hair of all time. At least handlebar it or something haha.

37. Johnny_Offensive says:

They still don’t get it in Pittsburgh. They think it’s a one-man sport. This ain’t tennis, folks. You’d think they’d have figured out what was going on by now – the best TEAM wins – but, hey, just keep having the faith in your wonder boy…it works in our favor.

38. Xtrahabsfan says:

WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED TO POULOIT?  It’s like someone smashed him in the back of the head with a shovel or turned off a Stars light….I don’t get it!….Maybe it’s that mustache,lol

39. mb says:

It was on Eric Engels’ twitter!   http://twitter.com/EricEngels

40. idle says:

I remember Mike Modano being very fast in that game.  I’m not sure but I always thought of Modano as being not the fastest skater around.

It’s a MAB MAB world.

And what are you? The bottom split!

42. ArmyFan says:

The out-of-control guy on that game, though, was Roenick (playing for Chicago then).  I was in university and we had a few draft-ball/Sega Hockey tournament Saturdays.  Rule #1 was that NOBODY could use the Blackhawks, because Roenick was INSANE.

Man – awesome memories of my wasted youth….

43. longtimehabsfan says:

I agree.  It’s all mental with Benny.  Buy hey, if AK46 can join the party then so can Benny.  Better late than never.

44. longtimehabsfan says:

Not resigning Cammy was Sutter’s biggest blunder this year.

45. Bash says:

Old HH…top banana?

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

46. TripleX says:

grrrrrr…you would ask that?  It was in one of the thousand links I read today on last nights game dude.  I tried to find it through google but failed.  I will keep trying to find it.

Well said.  That’s kind of what I meant.  Martin delivered the message to Pouliot.  Now it’s time to let the player know that his coach is on his side and is hoping for a big game when we need it the most.

48. Say Ash says:

I can’t find this

49. mike g says:

You’re welcome buddy!!

I saw some people talking about how it was already sold out below. Then I was listening to the Team 990, and they said it wasn’t sold out. So I checked for myself, and 3 times I had tickets in the reds, row cc….

I figured I’d let you other big Habs fans know about it. We all deserve it. Thank the Team 990 too, not just me lol..

Enjoy the game, and go nuts!

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

50. topher5468 says:

I know right, Wow, what a cool thing to say,

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

51. topher5468 says:

Absolutely agree, His confidence is most definitely gone, We could use his skill set,

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

52. idle says:

I remember Lebeau too.  Some of the players rankings were a bit… creative and some of the rankings had certain marks where if you were above that mark it was a noticeable difference.  For instance if you found a player with a speed ranking of 98 then he would absolutely fly around the ice whereas a player with a 96 or 97 ranking was noticably slower.  With Lebeau I think it was his agility ranking that made him leathal.

I also remember using Lyle Odelin a lot in that game but probably to add a fight or two into the mix.

It’s a MAB MAB world.

53. The Teacher says:

And it’s not the lack of effort I am seeing, it is simple brain cramps that just can’t happen at this level. When he gives the puck up he skates hard to try and atone for mistake, and I am sure JM sees that.

54. The Teacher says:

The Montreal Canadiens are Montreal, Quebec, Canada’s Team. Always have been, always will be.

55. TripleX says:

Compare that to Mara who was quoted as saying he “would do anything to play for this team next season”.  He was reportedly near tears when soaking up the atmosphere last night and being unable to participate.

56. The Cat says:

Maybe confidence boost is a better way of putting it.

57. The Cat says:

Boones the same way, except for him its the hair on his back.

58. Kooch7800 says:

What happened to players having to earn respect and being a team player.  SK has done none of that.  The success of this years habs team is because they play as a team.  There is no room for individuals.  That is the difference between this years squad and the past few years.

He was sent down at the beginning of the year as a lesson as he was not committed in preseason.  He threatened to go to the KHL.  What does that say about him?  Look at Pyatt.  He went down didn’t complain and worked his tail off.  Now he is up and has a huge role.  If SK committed to playing and worked hard he would be in there too.

I don’t blame the coach.  SK just doesnt’ fit in with the team concept.  Boo hoo.  he get paid to play hockey. I never want to see him in a habs uni again.  It is insulting to the players who want to be there and have earned it.

59. avatar_58 says:

I love that EVERY game we’re saying “cmon god, one MORE!” haha

60. avatar_58 says:

SHUSH……you’ll jinx them

61. topher5468 says:

I will never understand at this point in the season, how a player might need a pep talk. If he hasn’t received the message already by being moved or banished he never will. What would JM possibly say in a pep talk. He has great potential but he is lacking something. I don’t know what it is but what ever it is he needs to remedy it fast

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

62. W35T5ID3 says:

I get the shivers and the hairs on my arms stand on end when  i think about the habs this postseason and the possibilties of how close we are to a cup.Please if there is a god,let us win game 7!

63. TripleX says:

Team 960….the flagship station of the Calgary Flames is waxing poetic about the Habs.  They have so far anointed the Habs fan bar none the BEST FANS in the NHL and the Cinderella Habs a team no true sports fan can not like.

The best part is when they said they want to punch Daryl Sutter everytime Cammi scores a goal.  LMAO

ps  they are working hard to broadcast game seven on THE FLAMES STATION

64. Kooch7800 says:

Laraque must be kicking himself right about now.  Man was he ever a waste of space

65. Chuck says:

I have a feeling that the remaing teams and their fans just might be cheering us on tomorrow to knock of the defending Stanley Cup champions.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

Our roster is thin enough up front, Martin should give Pouliot a pep talk and get him revved up for Game 7.  I’m sure the kid got the message on Monday night.

67. badangel says:

i love you

couldn’t choose best tickets available.. and I think our section is in the corner :s but dammit I will be there now! section 108 here we come !!!!

Thanks Mike G !!! :D :D :D

68. Say Ash says:

Given that the Caps were supposed to eliminate us in three, ever since Jagr beat Theo, the rest has been gravy. Well, I could really use a certain Cup to hold three weeks worth of gravy. Just sayin’…

69. Habitant in Surrey says:

…ROCK ON !!! Habs’ Fans

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

70. pmaraw says:

I think Crosby is upset.

71. mike g says:

BIG NEWS….

There are still some tickets left to watch the game at the Bell tomorrow….just went on the site and found a bunch of tickets in the reds, row cc…..

just select “best tickets available”, and choose no more that 2 tickets….

GO GO GO…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

72. TripleX says:

PK Suban has been a revelation for sure dude.  BUT PLEASE DON’T RAISE HIM UP TO THE STATUS OF A GOD WHEN HE HAS YET TO PLAY A FULL NHL SEASON!

Have you guys not learned from Price?  Let him grow, mature and MAKE MISTAKES without the burden of being labeled the next Habs Superstar.  I am positive PK WILL be a star, but leave him alone for now.

73. badangel says:

speaking of decent articles.. Todd actually wrote one and it wasn’t anywhere on this site. haha I guess Boone ad Stubbs are ignoring his writing.. (which I don’t blame them…)

Here’s his bandwagon article http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/lose+Habs+deserve+standing+tonight/3007375/story.html

not much negativity in there.. I didn’t know he had it in him

74. badangel says:

sorry double post

75. TripleX says:

Hardly class dude, it is just smart.  With no more call ups allowed and BGL taking up a roster spot, SK is needed if there is an injury to a forward position.  As long as the Habs play on and the Bulldogs are in the playoffs as well, SK will keep in shape as insurance.

76. CHsam says:

uh oh. Canucks meltdown.

77. Jbird says:

Someone start preparing the grave for the 09/10 Nucks.  This is going to get ugly.

78. SeriousFan09 says:

I can’t believ he’s standing up, Black Knight Award of the playoffs.

Ah Luongo… Making all the brilliant saves in the 1st, than he stops in the 2nd… Guy is not doing his rep any favours. Good goals, but in an elimination game, you have to give your team a chance. 3-0 and this thing’s finished.

79. SeriousFan09 says:

He’s had so much success, so early and the city and the team, the NHL has become so much about Crosby it’s just feeding his ego to unnatural levels. Much like the Capitals = Ovechkin, the Penguins are much like that but Crosby has even more success to feed off of, plus is now a lifelong hockey hero for Olympic Gold, he just feels untouchable and invincible.

80. Eliisa says:

First off the Canucks are starting to suck it up – perfect! One of my friends made a comment to me the other day about the Habs not being a playoff calibre team like his Nucks. Oh, please. Go Hawks!!

Secondly, I had a dream last night about the Canadiens. They won game seven 4-1. Now, the last time (the only other time I might add) I have dreamt about anything Canadiens related it became reality. So, here is to hoping I am at least part psychic. We all know you can do this boys! Bring this win home and anything is possible! Go Habs Go!!

81. Jbird says:

LOL – That makes me laugh every time.

Roberto –  he needs to stop those.

82. SeriousFan09 says:

Just don’t forget the lucky socks!

83. Xtrahabsfan says:

I want to tip my hat to Sami Salo( the one ball wonder,lol)…you are one tough girl I mean guy!Next I want all those( mostly fans of other teams) who think the Habs are playing boring Hockey to remember this …1) The CANADIENS weren’t built from tanking  for years on end  like  the Pens and the Caps . 2) T he tax issue has caused havok when trying to acquire players for the Habs…3)For the longest time  the power of the U.S.dollar killed pro hockey in Canada   4)The language  issue (BILL 101 ?) HASN’T HELPED AT ALL!…5)GARY BETTMAN…say no more  6)Reffing…Gary Bettman! One sided most times..7) A major revamp of Les Boy’s in the off season  8) New Coach and there’s way more………..BUT BY SOME MIRACLE SOME AS*HOLE’S FIGURE THE Habs  when playing teams who have the best players in the world (Ovi,Malkin,Crysbe) should give up the Defensive play and go totally on the offense even though these other team finished 30 or more points ahead of us.They say this CAUSE THEY THINK THE HABS PLAY A BORING GAME. At this point I have to ask them “How does it feel too want!”GO HABS GO

84. The Juice says:

Anyone else notice how the Canucks try to emulate (rip off) the Habs pre-game ceremonies: Flag kids, U2′s Streets Have No Name…and to boot, they use “Ole Ole” as they official goal scoring song…too much!

85. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Good One ! Stephen

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

86. Habscore says:

The Green Men woke up..hahaaa

– YES HABS CAN!! –

87. SeriousFan09 says:

Stick a fork in them, they’re done. Luongo HAD to stop that.

88. CHsam says:

hahahaaha too late though. Hawks are going to finish this one off

89. CHsam says:

yeah if there was one stop he HAD to make to give his team a chance, that was it. Brutes

90. Jbird says:

Jim Hughson was staying positive.  >.< I hate that guy.

91. likehoy says:

it’s been 4 years and i still don’t know how the U2′s Vertigo goes (could also be due to the lack of goals scored)

the fans have spoken! geoff molson must return to the pre-lockout goal song for next year!

- What if Jaro Halak’s hand was indeed shaking? What if you took the CHOKE out of Ovechkin? — History Will Be Made

92. TripleX says:

Watching that cheap goal makes me really appreciate Halak.  Hard to believe Luongo gets paid 10 MILLION next year.

93. likehoy says:

i hate benoit brunet…i find myself watching bob cole instead of benoit during this series.

94. VladIsMyDad says:

Does anybody need tickets to the Bell Centre’s broadcast of Game 7 tomorrow?

Due to some miscommunications, I have 3 extra ones that I’m selling for face value.

In other words, $32 for all three. :)

95. Jbird says:

That’s a very insincere Hahahaha – Like it.

I would be pissed if I were a Nuck fan but I’m sure they will just have excuses.

96. Habitant in Surrey says:

Elisa …Canadiens vs Canucks would be IDEAL pour Moi …AND My boy

…We will be quite disapointed with their elimination

…My son Quent is having a blast coming to His high school class daily in His Habs Sweater

…Habs vs ‘Nucks ? …it might be a WEE more Hairy for Him though …lol

…but …He’s got The Nads …AND The Pride

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

97. habaholic68NJ says:

The last two Chicago goals resulted from give-aways.  Nucks were on the PP for the last one.  Nucks like the Caps are not a playoff team.  Happy golfing.

98. nickster13 says:

Canucks suck! Where did the Sedins and Kesler the so called best 2nd liner in the league who raises his game

99. Bob_Sacamano says:

In my dream the Habs won 12-0 but Cammalleri only scored 5 goals. That makes it pretty unrealistic, I guess. Pleks had 10 assists and was embarrassed he didn´t score btw. Still 20 damn hours. It´s 5.18 am here and I can´t sleep and no, I am not even drunk.

100. CHsam says:

Gary Bettman. What a slippery one. He’d probably fleece you blind sitting next to you and you wouldn’t even know it

101. Fargo Habs Fan says:

Funny, every year I have a dream during the playoffs about the Habs losing, and every year we lose out from that point.  Three nights ago, I had a dream that the Habs were playing a game and were up 3-0 vs. San Jose.  Interesting stuff.

-Dustin-

“The good thing about drinking during games is if they lose, you’re too drunk to care during and too hungover to care after.” – J.T.

102. Habitant in Surrey says:

…THIS seems like it may be a long hot summer in Vancouver for BobbyLou and the Bobsie Twins

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

103. SeriousFan09 says:

Canucks have had a patchwork defence for years, never really had a reliable #1 defender n nor do they have one in their system. It’s a serious flaw in their team, Hawks badly outclass them on the blue line.

104. Puck Bard says:

I was thinking the same thing.

105. Fenrir767 says:

Bettman is not as slippery as you think he made one fatal mistake every franchise he cited as bouncing back is a storied hockey franchise, Blackhawks, Penguins, etc. Of course they bounced back when they became competitive the fans voiced their opinions with their wallets. What does Phoenix have nothing this year they had a record setting year and who showed up no one. Besides getting Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby on this team at the same time why would anyone care!

106. Habscore says:

Is it me or the Sedins never sweat one single drop..?? Their face and hair look dry.

– YES HABS CAN!! –

107. habz says:

Yeah you’re right I noticed that. i think they even played fix you by Cold Play for their entrance song!

108. SeriousFan09 says:

But no one in an interview with him has the stones to call him out because they’d lose all access to NHL Management personnel. He can cite the success of the Hawks and Penguins but there were fanbases there and traditions of hockey, even if for Pittsburgh it’s just the Superstar Bandwagon, it’s a pretty big one. Phoenix, it’s like trying to get indoor Golf tournaments going in Whitehorse.

109. The Juice says:

Looks like they’ve also added the Bruins “Whoo!” after each goal scored. lame

110. The Juice says:

I for one don’t understand the media’s infatuation with Kesler…he has 3 x 20 goal seasons…whoopee

111. The Juice says:

You mean the “Oh oh oh oh oh!!!” one?? That was amazing!

112. nickster13 says:

I agree, mega overrated

113. Puck Bard says:

Sure, play Trooper. That’ll turn the tide.

114. The Juice says:

Not a big Jim “Grrreat Save!” Hughson fan myself, I’ll take Cole’s slightly senile but amazing tempo and tenor voice anyday! Also hate how Hughson shortens the first name of each player, ala ”Pat Kane”

115. nickster13 says:

Pat Kane… Vancouver big choke!

116. The Juice says:

Wow. Luongo…fail. What about that timeout call by Quennville? Well done.

117. Habscore says:

Ouch Ouch!!!! OUCH!! LOUUUU!!!!!  Gotta love Pat Kane

– YES HABS CAN!! –

118. CHsam says:

WHOOAAAAAA! Don’t think Lou is going to sleep well tonight

119. JIMVINNY says:

Loungo is, anyways.  He is single-handedly killing any momentum they might have had.

120. nickster13 says:

2 quick goals… Luongo not playing well. Bye bye vancouver its now 5-1

121. habz says:

Man, I feel so bad for the canucks…i wouldn’t wanna be in their fans shoes right now…thats gotta hurt!

122. SeriousFan09 says:

While the SH goal was the backbreaker, Kane and Byfuglien just drove a tank over the broken back of the Canucks.

123. Habby2CU says:

Time to turn in and dream anxiously about tomorrow’s game.

“Goodnight you princes of Montreal, you kings of the Bell Centre.”

124. Habhopeful says:

He is Pleks x 2, Id take him in a heartbeat!

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

125. nickster13 says:

I think we all know too well how they feel, lets not go through that again! Nothing worse than losing big and playing poorly in the biggest game of the season

126. CHsam says:

oh yeah Kane is awesome. Don’t think cabbies in Mtl would want him in CH uniform though

127. Fenrir767 says:

Hell if you got Indoor Golf in whitehorse you would at least have something to do there! j/k

128. Habhopeful says:

Are you kidding?! If we were to be winning at the time, Im sure the cabbies in Montreal would let Kaner Beat’em up!

129. Fenrir767 says:

they fought back from the SH goal but those last two goald and Luongo not being good has ended this series.

130. Habscore says:

Hahaahahaa!!  Yup.

– YES HABS CAN!! –

131. CHsam says:

Haahahahah! True that. Kane beatdown part deux

132. Just A Guy says:

The quality of sleep you get whilst passed-out drunk isn’t the greatest I agree.

133. VancouverHab says:

Which is probably what the sisters want: why do we assume that they care particularly about giving blood, bone and tissue to win the Stanley Cup?

134. VancouverHab says:

And they have a goalie who chokes in the playoffs, and two top players who are soft. So — Fail.

135. Habitant in Surrey says:

…bet Henrietta and Daniella are already packed and at the airport enroute to Germany

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

136. MontrealAtheist says:

It would be classic to have another Original 6 cup final between the Hawks and the Habs … When was the last time we had one of those? These teams have a long history between them dating back to a time when the Canucks did not even exist.

137. MontrealAtheist says:

I’m willing to bet that the atmosphere tonight at the Bell Centre will even be better than the one in the Mellon Arena even though the game takes place there :-)

138. SeriousFan09 says:

Niemi and Luongo putting on a clinic so far, great hockey.

139. Habscore says:

But the “ambiance” is far from extraordinary. We surely got a crazy amazing crowd but that’s bcuz we are Habs freaks :)

– YES HABS CAN!! –

140. ThirtyThree says:

pittsburgh has no business even being on the same ice as the HABS. pittsburgh’s hollow, and the HABS have spirit. This HABS team has come together, worked hard, and they deserve this to win this round. And tomorrow they will. It’s going to be great to see.

141. CHsam says:

Just saw Crosby on CBC intermission. Now I REALLY don’t like him. hope the boys go full out with heart and guts

142. ThirtyThree says:

crosby has a real attitude problem. A nice long rest starting tomorrow night will do him a world of good.

143. Habscore says:

Yea, I don’t understand how this guy is so calm when he talks to media while he’s always complaining on the ice with his mouth wide-open.

– YES HABS CAN!! –

144. Jbird says:

Seriously.  I can’t believe Salo is playing.

145. CHsam says:

huge sense of entitlement. I know the whole mentorship thing is great, but I can’t respect a guy who’s still living with f’n Mario… I mean come on, move out and stop being a baby.

146. The Juice says:

Which one? The one who did The Star Spangled Banner or the Oh Canada guy? Why the heck do they need 2 singers anyways??

147. SeriousFan09 says:

Is it just me, or does the Canucks anthem singer look like he’s hung over?

148. Jbird says:

Cool you got a Bear farm.

149. Rudy says:

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, thank you so much!

150. sgmcfarlane says:

Can anyone guide me to an online replay of Game 6?  I am traveling and have lost contact with my Slingbox, and no-one at home to help troubleshoot.  Please help!

151. Rudy says:

Anyone know where I could find a video of the ovation after Cammy’s second goal last night? It was during a TV timeout, but I would love to see it.

152. Slovak says:

Out of the theme – I really hope Chicago will go through Vancouver since they benched Demitra – this guy just did not get right pairing at all, hope Hossa wakes up – he can be monster like hell – come on Marian.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE DEMITRA IN MONTREAL PAIRED WITH PLEKANEC

153. mike g says:

The funniest thing about these playoffs is how every player thinks they can lie, and nobody will figure it out…

We heard it before game 7 vs the WSH, all of their players repeated the same garbage; “Nobody in this room thaught it was going to be easy, nobody thaught we were going to walk all over MTL”.

We are now hearing it before game 7 vs PIT, all of their players are repeating this; “Nobody said it would be easy. Nobody thaught we would dominate and eliminate MTL quickly”.

HEY! Wake up you bunch of idiots! EVERYBODY thaught, said, and predicted you guys (PIT and WSH) to kill and smash the Habs. Nobody gave the Habs a chance, and everyone thaught you would walk all over us!

Seriously, enough with the cliche crap. Be a man, face the facts, and admit that you SHOULD have finished the Habs off earlier.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

154. Slovak says:

I understand Pens players – they just don’t know what to say, they have few learned sentences from Crosby repeating with minor changes, according to this you see Pens have no balls. But what I don’t understand is why majority of commentators are still repeating the same crap – Penguins have that great firepower that must finally show up blah blah and this crap goes on and on and on – Habs forced them to 7 and clearly their firepower did show up already – but Habs were able to handle it and come up with own firepower. COME ON WHY EVEN PAYED COMMENTATORS MUST BE SO PATHETIC REPEATING THE SAME CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP??? WHY?????

IF PENS FIREPOWER DID NOT SHOWED UP IN 6 GAMES – HOW MANY MORE GAMES THEY NEED IF IT WILL NOT SHOW UP IN 7th? MAYBE WE CAN CHANGE RULES AND GIBVE THEM ANOTHER 7 GAMES TO WAIT FOR THAT BONEHEADS TO FIGURE OUT MONTREAL IS SIMPLY THAT GOOD – I AM SO UPSET

155. HabFanSince72 says:

Is anyone else cheering for Philly?

Don’t get me wrong I hate them, but seeing the Bruins be just the 3rd team in history to blow a 3-0 lead would be just great. They will be talking about this for the next half century.

On the other hand I think we might match up better against Boston.

156. mike g says:

Let’s go Flyers….

And I hope their game 7 in Boston goes into like 4 overtime’s. I want them to beat eachother up

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

157. boris420 says:

Lets concentrate on us winning before any wishful match ups are made.

158. boris420 says:

I think a Chicago-Montreal final would be the best. Considering Vancouver is not an original six team and also the fact that we never play some of the original six teams…either way Im rooting for which ever one wins this series wheather it be the nucks or the hawks.

159. Velavok says:

On the list of teams i cant stand, Boston, Phily and the leafs are all up there for obvious reasons.

In terms of the philly boston series, im with you, heres my thought process…

#1 – the obvious beat the stuffing out of each other angle so that whoever comes out on top, we get to face a tired, injured opponent

#2 – The scheduling. As i have seen, game 7 Bos/Phi is on the sked for Friday night. I would imagine this means that if it went 7 and we win (of course) then the earliest we would open the next round would be Sunday Afternoon (or night) or perhaps even Monday evening. It would be huge to get our guys a few extra days rest, especially after the NHL sked makers threw us under the bus with a 1 day off between game 7 round 1 and game 1 round 2.

So, im summary…. Go Flyers!

160. Slovak says:

No big name Slovakia young team just beats Belarus 4:2 – Belarus missed brothers, maybe Habs should let go AK and SK to World championship – this year it is so boring anyway except Slovakia got Hanlon as a coach… he seems pretty hyperactive :-))

161. ddupuis says:

I’d like to thank Bob Gainey for putting this team together…very exciting regardless of the outcome.

DD…

162. GuyDoon says:

The HNIC “Rewind” section has the game in full. You shoudl find it here: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC's_Hockey_Night_in_Canada

163. Slovak says:

Rask will shut the door next game, Chara will kill half of their team and Satan will send the rest of it to hell – some things just does make clear sense :) I would rather see HABS face Philly – Habs can pass them more easily, but on the other side It will be fun Halak against Chara and Satan.

164. diehardhab says:

Did anyone else catch those blowhards on Off The Record just now? One of them said were only in this cause we play a boring system. Man what does someone have to do for some credit?

The torch be yours to hold it high!

165. Slovak says:

That would be like from a dream land – let’s make a prayer for that :-)

166. Big Ted says:

When Edmonton and Calgary made their runs a few years ago, I think all Canadians took note and most cheered them on. The Habs have to be considered that same story this year, the underdog team from Canada that’s making noise. Would love to be the team that knocks of the regular season champs AND the defending Stanley Cup champs in back-to-back series. The Habs are still underdogs, but my gut tells me they have what it takes to win this game. Right now, it looks like the Pens are frustrated and acting like the Caps did, meaning they seem upset that they are being made to go to 7 games against a team they think they should have dispatched earlier. The Pens are going to be distracted and under pressure. Fleury looks like he has been unnerved a number of times, and I see that being a big factor in Game 7. The Habs need to keep shooting, keep getting on the loose pucks and making the Pens skate. Looking up and down the line-ups of both teams, i like the team composition of our boys better and I think the determination and grit we have shown will be the factor that pushes us past the Pens tomorrow.

167. pmaraw says:

I find it really exciting, if not nerve racking

168. pmaraw says:

Cammy has beat fleury enough times to be in his head!  and most of them were clean, no screens, just plain beaten.  nobody on pens has done this to Halak.

169. Slovak says:

I know it, if nothing else I could see it on TV… maybe someone should explain this to the majority of so called experts on TV… I have got ESPN America and its terrible

170. Dintrox says:

The last two Stanley Cup runs were unexpected and had distinct storylines. In 1986 the team had a ton of rookies and behind spectacular goaltending marched its way to lord stanley’s cup. 1993 what a nail biting ride! 10 OT wins on the way to the cup. This year maybe another magical ride. The underdog undersized Canadiens seeming to do the impossible. Go Habs Go!!!

December 4, 2009 – Elmer Lach’s jersey took its rightful place with the Rocket’s in the rafters.

171. pmaraw says:

LOL @ Pens fans using their mouse like ouija boards on the TSN Poll about who do you think is gonna win, pens or habs.

172. pmaraw says:

most elimination game wins!!!  thats my prediction.

173. pmaraw says:

I want that series going 7 games if we win

174. habs001 says:

ak46 gets hot for 15 games than disappears for 20-25…just maybe he is getting hot…we get the first 5 goals wed we are in good shape lol ….pouliot one goal in last 27 games….

175. pierre lapuck says:

The other day on that tv show Pardon the Interruption, I think the day of game 5, they were talking about the Habs.  One of the guys referred to the Habs as the underdogs.  Wilmott took exception to that saying that the Habs, the New York Yankees, the L.A. Lakers and Boston Celtics no matter of how they performed were not ever the underdogs becasue of their history and record(s) of acheivemnet.  Finally an American sports announcer who recognizes the true meaning of the Canadiens and places them in the company they deserve.  Of note: no mention of any other hockey team including the Laffs in the same category.  It did my ears good to hear that.

176. habfan01 says:

My wish for game 7- it goes into OT and Crosby scores the winning goal- into his own net

177. Chuck says:

Come hell or high water, we’ll be there with you Ian!

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

178. pmaraw says:

oh man, im trying to imagine the slogan for the history will be made commercial.

179. jimmy shaker says:

It will go to Toronto for review and the call will be reversed somehow though!

Shaker

180. Slovak says:

Some time ago this happened at World Championship – Japanese player did score on his own goalie thinking it is the opponent goalie – he even did celebrate the goal for a second while he realized it, MUST SEE THIS…WATCH THE GUY WITH NUMBER 8… IMAGINE CROSBY AT HIS PLACE…

181. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Dallas Stars announced Tuesday they have agreed to a three-year, $10.65 million contract extension with goaltender Kari Lehtonen.” – TSN

182. SeriousFan09 says:

I’ll take things that will backfire for 500 Alex.

Seriously, the guy is Rick Dipietro 2.0 for injuries.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

That’s about $1 million per game for the band-aid boy!

184. Morocco says:

If you use torrents, theres nhltorrents.co.uk .

185. DavidKB says:

Let’s hope Fleury and his mates don’t have as good a game 7 tomorrow night as they did in the last one. Time to get pumped!

Go Habs!

186. mrhabby says:

it was mike wilbon or tony cornhusier who said that.

187. JF says:

According to RDS, we can probably forget any hopes of seeing Markov back any time soon.  He does have to have surgery, but at the moment his knee is still too swollen.  The recovery time will be about 4 months.  They didn’t say it definitely, but they didn’t sound as though there were any realistic prospect of his coming back and playing before the surgery, as some have suggested.

188. Nina76 says:

Now what do you think of the SMURFS doing great they are worth the money.alot on this site complaining about Cam’s salary…….SHUT UP!!!!!What would we do without alot af our players who have come through for us………..with the exception of ONE………….Great job guys no matter what happens to morrow nite you have given us alot of excieting games ……………… you can do, it have fun,no sweat, yes ytou can. I will be watching like many of your fans at the Bell center………………tickets are all sold for the game we all will be there for you.         GO HABS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

189. Lafrich says:

I hope he plays because MAB has GOT to get off D. Look at this and sort by +/-, and look at the worst in the league (click on +/- twice):

190. MontrealAtheist says:

We’ve got the Pens right there where we want them … They are so convinced that what they are doing is right and that eventually things will work out magically for them as long as they continue to do what they have done so far.

The Caps thought along the same lines … and failed.

GO HABS GO !!!

191. Nina76 says:

Get in front of Fleury PLEASE!!! it works!!!!!!!!!

192. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Wow, I forgot that Dipietro still played in this league. And to think that the Islanders signed him to a 15 year contract…Oye, oye, oye.

193. Bill J says:

Until he actually HAS surgery, nothing is out of the question.

Think of it this way.

If indeed your right, why the hell is he skating risking to further swell his knee up further.

You only skate on a injury, if you intend on playing again sooner then later.

Surgery = Absolutely NO chance of a return.

194. pmaraw says:

gomez?  due  gionta?  due  mab?  due  pouliot?  over due  ak?  2 assists last game  hammer?  due  moen?  due

with all these player due for a goal, who is gonna come thru for us?  I hope all of them lol!

195. Thurston says:

Actual hockey fans recognize that teams have to play their system in order to be successful, regardless of what that system is. They recognize that teams have to play within themselves in order to win and adapt to whatever style makes them successful, regardless of how flashy it is.

Simpletons needs 10 goals per game and run-and-gun action to appreciate the game and to keep their limited attention spans on the TV screen.

196. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

I highly doubt the Habs will re-sign him this offseason. I love the guy, has heart and gives a damn, but he’s such a defensive liability. He won’t be available after a month in free agency though, I have a feeling some team with poor PP will try to grab him for a cheap price.

197. Slovak says:

This is how Crosby will score goal on his own goalie in slow motion – watch the guy with n.8:

198. SeriousFan09 says:

Easy to forget since he plays twice every two years.

199. CHsam says:

I will take Hor Semen for 500 Alex.

200. DavidKB says:

Only one defenceman on the ice at practice today, O’Byrne.

I think the old guys will come up big; they gotta know that it could be curtains for some of them, the season and the team.

Every game is like game 7 for the Habs. Why should this one be any different?

201. Lafrich says:

I agree with you. He has a great attitude, and he tries hard, but when he is out there in the d zone, it is a free for all. He is terrific on the PP, but to make up for those -11 goals, he would have to be otherworldly on the PP. Besides, I think PK and Markov will do just fine at the point next season.

202. J Haul says:

New official “history will be made”, this time featuring Lapierre’s goal from last night. Most of the “new” ones are pretty lame, but this was has a decent tag line at least.

My blog check it out.

This might be the year that we have a  finals SUMMIT down town Montreal.

In the event that we do make it this year. I have been in touch with a certain night spot that we use for our Summit events.

We will be reserving a complete floor of the club with big screen for all HIO members to eat, watch the game together and celebrate just being Hab fans.

Everyone on this site will be welcome to join in if we are fortunate enough to make it.

What a night this will be for us all.

204. badbalance says:

I’m worried about the fact that i trimmed around my playoff beard, started to get neck hair, had to get rid of that. I still got the main beard which i didn’t touch though. Hope that won’t change anything.

205. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Funny, I grew a playoff bear and Habs went 1-3.

I shaved and Habs are 6-3 since then.

206. SeriousFan09 says:

Beard mainteance is allowed, removal is not, provided that beard has a winning record this playoffs.

207. Mad Habber says:

Haha I shaved my head and beard completely just before game seven in the Washington series…didn’t have any adverse affects on the outcome of that game…

208. Danno says:

Does your bear bite? :o)

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

209. adam76 says:

I don;t exactly think the amount of face hair will change the outcome.  I will however, be drinking my brand of beer – not for luck, but because I am a functioning alcoholic.

GO HABS!!!!

210. JF says:

You’re right; he wouldn’t be skating if there were no chance of playing.  But RDS did say he has a great deal of difficultty with turns and sudden movements.  If we win tomorrow, it would be great to see him back say halfway through the next series.  I can’t begin to imagine how frustrated he must be.  The team has never done anything like so well in the playoffs since he’s been here, and it must be driving him crazy not to be part of it.  Talk about bad luck.

211. Curtis O Habs says:

Does a bear shave in the woods?

212. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Hahaha, oops, I apologize for the incorrect spelling.

213. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

You never know, very secretive animals they are, yes.

214. megagoten says:

had a conflicting exam/playoff bear

shaved for the end of exams and habs did better. bear hibernating this year

215. Bill J says:

Yo Adam – while I agree. a Molson will be in hand tomorrow night, I shave & they are winning. So I’ll keep shaving ;)

Now – and I mean this from no argumentative place, can you please – until the Habs are no longer playing – change your picture.  Do you not see how “negative image” it is – at a time we should ALL be enjoying.

Bring it back if you feel after, but for now… Can we ALL enjoy a positive vibe, when we see a post from you ?

GO HABS!!!! indeed :D

P.S. you should check out my “favorite” player on my profile – lol

216. avatar_58 says:

I don’t think anyone questions MAB’s drive and heart, it’s just that his skill level isn’t there.

217. Max_a_million says:

Cammalleri shaves and that’s good enough for me.

Clean shaven is the new playoff beard.

218. Max_a_million says:

The guy actually tries too hard.  Never makes the simple play, and sometimes the flashy plays blow up on him.

His lack of size is a real factor for him too.

Is my avatar positive enough?

220. porkdog324 says:

I have not done any trimming… my family is getting scared lol

221. Bill J says:

:D LMAO every-time I see it HH. ;)

222. Lee_D says:

What if there were no hometown heroes? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qPhf7GEXns

Possibly 18 months in jail for head shot, not near enough says I

Canada’s ex-world junior captain charged

224. TripleX says:

I don’t know Ian.  It is a slippery slope when the police and POLITICIANS  get involved with what happens on a sporting field of play.  I don’t like it.

What if a pitcher brushes back a batter with an inside pitch to the head?  Is that attempted assault?

225. Keith says:

Ian,

Sad to say that Cormier’s from Cap Pele, N.B., but he deserves everything that’s coming to him. I thought that some of the elbows he thru during the WJHC were dangerous and his attitude and body language spoke volumes about how he respected his opponents. His day of reconning is coming.

226. ooder says:

send the punk to jail.. and for longer then 18 months

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

227. bigjack says:

Bruce Boudreau Q&A Transcript from earlier today…

Interesting note – he is rooting for the Habs!

228. Say Ash says:

Bruce Boudreau: “I am pulling for Montreal. I could never see myself wanting Pittsburgh to win and Montreal is playing inspired hockey. I can see them winning. I do think whoever scores the first goal will win.”

229. longtimehabsfan says:

I really miss his charisma.  He’s a hockey journalist’s dream what with all the great quotes.

230. HabFanSince72 says:

Everyone should be rooting for Canada’s Team!

231. Bugs says:

I’m sorry, Mr. James Moore; had my attention elsewhere for a second.

What was that you said?

(snicker)

Superfluously redundant, I remain

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

232. krob1000 says:

I know the odds are slim to none but I find it odd that no mention has been made of Markov ….. could he surprise us with a return? any word on the brace hunt?  I just find it too coincidental that JM addressed the other two injuries and made no mention….was the question just not asked…or are we to just assume he is done long term?  he tried skating the other day, the brace talk,etc …any hope?

233. nickster13 says:

Montreal… Canada’s team!

lol. but we are pretty much Canada’s last hope of a local cup. Lets try our hardest tomorrow

234. habz says:

I Guess Heritage Minister James Moore Pretty much jinx his fav. team.

You said it! SPORTING FIELD.!!

What he did has nothing to do with sport at all. It has everything to do with criminal intent.!!!

My blog

236. HabFanSince72 says:

Same sort of grey areas exist outside of the sporting field.

237. TripleX says:

If you ask me lawyers are already involved far to much in our everyday lives.  Are athletes going to have to be worried about a lawsuit or police intervention everytime something happens?  Like I said once you open that door it is impossible to close.

238. Bill J says:

Ian, do you not think your awful high on your soapbox ?

Not saying what Cormier did was classy, nor was it acceptable.  He deserved his punishment in fact.

But to say this has nothing to do with sports, is quite “With-Blinders” on to say the least.

Cormier is not the first, nor will he be the last of many to act in a way that causes harm (in ANY team sport that has contact)

Also going on to say it has everything to do with criminal intent is pretty much a harsh statement coming solely from a place of anger.

Have you ever played sports ?  I mean this to say, when the adrenaline is pumping athletes can lose control of themselves specially when they are young and immature as Cormier seems to clearly be.  Do you remember Scott Stevens or have you heard of Chris Pronger ?

Your fully entitled to your opinion, but this particular opinion is quite a bit extreme.

Cormier deserves his punishment, but I HIGHLY doubt it was pre-meditated other then then 10-15 seconds prior to the hit.  So it is VERY far from being “everything to do with criminal intent”

It was a horrible decision made by a very young player in a man’s body in the fastest team sport there is.  Things like this happen A LOT in hockey.

Being as involved in hockey as you claim to be, I assumed you knew this already.

I have been involved in hockey for over 60 years. I have seen young men’s lives changed for their time on this planet by accident and by intent to injure.

An armor platted elbow directed at a head is criminal intent my friend. I came from the era of no helmets and leather elbow pads all the way to today’s game. No grey area, no excuse for these people that have no respect. I played, coached and  scouted this game and I know what is intent.

240. Bill J says:

You “my friend” are living in extremes in this case.

Like I said – you are fully entitled to your opinion.

But like the equipment used now by the players, the game is MUCH faster then it used to be.

and Cormier is far from being the last to have the miss-fortune of having to learn this lesson the hard way.

A split second decision that involves “An armor platted elbow directed at a head”in Hockey, well I say to that:

1) if you can prove Cormier thought to himself “Oh I’m going to use this armor plated elbow guard to destroy <insert player name here>” I would love to hear it.

2) is exactly that a split second decision by a VERY young player who has LOADS to learn.

Cormier deserves his punishment, but to think & learn from this and hopefully remember to keep that elbow guard down.

Accusing a KID of what you are accusing him of ?  Is YOUR opinion, quit trying to make it sound like it is the ONLY opinion that makes sense, by backing it with your 60 years of Hockey experience.  It does not serve you in the way you likely intend it to, when you can not see the coin from both sides with a clear & impartial point of view.

241. chilli says:

What I love most is all those Leaf fans (and some Hab fans) that would troll the Gazette sports sites all season and simply rant how terrible the Habs were, how terrible Gainey was, how happy they were with their current Leaf team, how we got schooled by losing Komisarek to them, how small and weak we were compared to their brawn….all that crap.

They’ve been so quiet of late – in fact, my bet is that they are all secretly cheering for the Habs now. That’s the difference: they need to feel what it’s like to cheer for a winner. If the Leafs were playing this late, not one Habs fan would be cheering for them.

Good riddance of Leaf fans from real Habs hockey talk.

Go Habs! All the LA hockey fans are cheering for you!

Oh, in Vegas this past weekend at the Wynn sports club, the massive TV in the middle had the Habs game on. Soon they switched to the Lakers game and the place started booing….then they switched to the Habs on big screen, Lakers on little screen but with the sound of the Lakers game – and the fans started booing. Then they switched the sound to the Habs game and actually turned the little screen to the Habs game, so both screens had Habs.

For one day at Wynn, even with the Lakers in the playoffs…… Habs hockey was king.

242. Le Jadester says:

Stories like that make me happy and make me think that world is not coming to an end afterall !

Habs, OLE !

243. Habhopeful says:

No one wanted to buy tickets with me to go to the Bell Center to watch the game…Low and behold i just won tickets on Team 990 to the Bell Center! Im expecting calls shortly!! Cant wait!

244. badbalance says:

Habs will play their best game they humanly can, Halak will stand on his head, I can almost guarantee that. Lets hope the dirty pens dont get and fluke or bad bounce goals and we will be fine.

Loungo doesnt seem to get paid enough to get past round 2.

245. secretdragonfly says:

I believe it was yesterday that a poster mentioned that tomorrow is both PK Subban’s and Jaroslav Halak’s birthday and it bears repeating.  Would it be asking too much of the hockey gods for a (I won’t say the “s” word) win for Jaro and a happy 21st PK goal?

246. 21272andme says:

they are both born on may13.

tomorrow is may12.

247. tony d says:

Pouliot still seems to be the sole player who just can’t find his groove. Pleks and AK have elevated their play of late but Pouliot is still spinning his wheels. I hope he doesn’t diappear through the cracks like he did in Minnesota. I had high hopes for the guy and if he can get his confidence back, with his big body he could be very helpful out there.

248. WatchMojo says:

What do you guys think of this potential three way deal:

- Vancouver sends Roberto Luongo to Philadelphia for Jeff Carter

- Habs send Carey Price to Vancouver for Jeff Carter

When it’s said and done:

- Price becomes the goalie for Canucks

- Luongo becomes the goalie for Flyers

- Habs get Carter… not like I am unhappy with our centers and don’t see Price’s long term potential… but that seems like a reasonable trade for all parties, no?

Thoughts?

249. badbalance says:

Keep Price for as long as possible, and trade andrei and sergei for a more consistant winger. Drop Hammer and Mara and Have Subban and OB play D. Trading Markov for a young solid D would be good too, but that could be a very bad idea so im not sure.

250. SeriousFan09 says:

Vancouver GM just signed Luongo to a deal that encompasses the rest of his NHL career, no way he admits he’s made a mistake and moves him now and I imagine there’s an NTC in that contract.

251. habber86 says:

I don’t think Montreal will get anywhere near what we as fans would consider to be fair value for him. I would be absolutely shocked if Montreal could get a big, young, 30-40 goal scorer for Carey, as much as I would love that. Also don’t think he would flourish in Vancouver if he can’t really handle Montreal.

252. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Price’s value isn’t really that high right now.

Positive: Luongo is in his prime, and well…he seems like a choker so his value is going down as well.

253. Storm Man says:

Is the season over yet? Lets enjoy game 7.

254. VancouverHab says:

My thought is that unfortunately for the other two teams, the Flyers do not have a pin-head GM with zero experience (like Mike Gillis) and are not in a million years going to make that absolutely insane trade.

255. badangel says:

seriosuly.. is it just me or does anyone else find it crazy that 21000 ppl paid 7.50 to watch the game on the scoreboard and it was sold out in under an hour.

like wow.

under an hour.

i;m jealous :(

256. mb says:

On TV they showed a guy who’s been waiting in his car since midnight to get his tickets directly at the bell center.  Geez, it IS crazy!

257. mike g says:

That is crazy….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

258. sh00n says:

I managed to get in LAST minute to land a pair. Fricken incredible – I love this city.

This video exemplifies what this team means to our city. I don’t even speak much french and I’ve been humming this all day.

259. FB says:

Where else can you sell out an arena when there isn’t actually a hockey game

260. J. Ambrose says:

Jackie’s coyness aside, I find it highly doubtful that Gill would miss game 7 against his former team. Not for a laceration, no matter how deep or wide. The smart money is on him playing.

261. Castor says:

Who would have thought that our Montreal Canadiens would be the Canadian team to go the furthest in the playoffs?

262. Habscore says:

– YES HABS CAN!! –

263. oshawahabsfan says:

I like the feeling, it’s pretty cool. Dispose of the grounded birds tonight. Giant killers we are!

264. avatar_58 says:

You mean the last canadian team to win the cup? ;)

265. MontrealAtheist says:

Look’s like “Canada’s team” got rolled over by the Hawks, so it’s up to the good ol’ Habs to keep the Canadian colors flying and our anthem playing during these playoffs.

266. habs4ever2894 says:

Maybe Milbury knew what he was doing when he traded Luongo…. He’s definitely not a big game goalie and to think he is signed for another 10 years. That is why long term deals are so ridiculous you never know what will happen down the line. Oh ya and about Milbury knowing what he was doing that was just a joke the guy is a moron.

267. habsperspective says:

DUDE he won OLYMPIC GOLD on home ice in OVERTIME.

Slightly a big game!

268. Ayan_SB says:

Sorry I had to stop reading after “Maybe Milbury knew what he was doing…”

Edit: Read the last sentence. Lol for a second I thought there was someone who DOESN’T think Milbury’s an idiot.

269. light_n_tasty says:

Hey, at least he’s a goalie!  Milbury’s guy has played like 10 games over the last 3 years.

270. badangel says:

heck if I would have known that I would have gone by to see him and tell him to get me two as well!

I had to work so I couldn’t go wait outside :( That’s hardcore. Tell me another city where that could happen lol ;)

271. mb says:

Nowhere else, I guess!!

272. dudurules says:

All I can say is don’t get Poulliot to cover Crosby.

273. Rainrocket16 says:

Canucks fans have no respect..What dirtbags!!

274. TOEmastro says:

I got on at 5 after noon… I got my tickets in the BLUES… gawd

275. mb says:

Well, I’m in the whites but I’m pretty sure that no matter where you sit, there’s gonna be a great atmosphere!!

Just imagine if/when they win!

276. sh00n says:

Same here man – but I still can’t complain! Atmosphere is going to be crazier than Pittsburgh’s and we’ll be watching TV screens!

277. Habby2CU says:

How the heck did I get my tickets at 10:00? Plus I was able to buy as many as I wanted. I hope the d-bag scalpers aren’t going to try to make a quick buck. This one should be about the fans! Cheap entertainment and a great atmosphere. Can’t wait!

278. Rainrocket16 says:

Pens should slip them some Benjamins if they win

279. Say Ash says:

Wrong. The Pens shake the refs’ hands right BEFORE the game starts.

280. MontrealAtheist says:

You can probably expect all Pens players to give high-fives to the refs instead :-)

281. Habs64 says:

Pens 8 Habs 2

worked so far so can’t change now

282. Mr.Hazard says:

You gotta check out this Halak “WUZZUP” commercial spoof, if you
    haven’t already seen it.

“We didn’t give up and we are not giving up.” – Jaroslav Halak

283. Rainrocket16 says:

HHAAALLLLLAAAAAAKKKKK

284. Bugs says:

So WHY exactly has Luongo gotten this Brodeur-like status over the years?

Big-time goalie? Ain’t convinced of that yet.

Brodeur-like?

No, sir.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

285. Bugs says:

Hey, Alex, pick up the phone.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

286. shootdapuck says:

Missing persons just announced that two “Sedins” have been located!

At the international check-in of Vancouver International Airport!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

287. Say Ash says:

Luckily, Canada’s team is giving him 20 more years to convince you otherwise. Man, I’m so excited to strut my Habs jersey around Vancouver tomorrow.

288. Say Ash says:

Dimitra, Salo, Samuelsson, Edler, Hansen, and Ehrhoff, too. They went too Euro. I’ve seen that episode recently.

289. VancouverHab says:

I have lots of opportunity here in Vancouver to ask that very question. Luongo is hot and cold in regular seasons (very hot & very cold in fact) and total crap year in and year out in the playoffs. Imagine trying to unload that contract!

People build luongo up based on expectation & an extrapolation of his very hot moments while ingnoring his abundant downside.

PS: glee for us Hab fans listening to the Vancouver sport talk shows (esssentially joining me in) waking up to the reality of the playoff impotence of Luongo & (obviously) the Sedin sisters.

290. Xtrahabsfan says:

Hey now that Salo is one tough nut………..

291. light_n_tasty says:

I didn’t know it was still 1996.

292. light_n_tasty says:

Well, he has won more playoff series than Brodeur has since the lockout.  And he did replace Brodeur as starter in the Olympics…

Maybe the real question is, what has Brodeur done recently to maintain his Brodeur-like status?

293. Bryan says:

I don’t see how Luongo is to blame for Vancouver’s loss tonight.  How many of those goals were the result of breakaways/odd man rushes?  Total defensive breakdown by the Canucks.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

294. SeriousFan09 says:

Luongo’s supposed to be one of the Top 5 in the world though and in elimination games, your goalie has to bail you out at times, that SH goal should have been his, 4th and 5th weren’t exactly unstoppable either. Luongo has for two straight seasons utterly failed in games he had to win for his team in the post-season, against the same team no less.

VAN needs a better blueline of course, but Luongo needs to be better at times like that.

295. Chuck says:

Really? It’s necessary to encourage fans, through the team’s website, to make noise in a game 7?

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

296. badbalance says:

Luongo sucked in the series vs Hawks. A team plays more confident in front of a goalie they know will make the saves he needs to.

297. SeriousFan09 says:

They have no idea what noise is, let ‘em try and replicate the Bell Centre for the Penguins, they’ve got nothing.

298. andrewberkshire says:

Seems to me that he’s won more playoff series than Brodeur has the last 5 years.

299. MontrealAtheist says:

I’m trying to determine who is the greater embarrassment for Team Canada, Luongo or Crosby, and cannot come up with an easy answer …

In fact, none of the 3 goalies in Team Canada has been that great during these playoffs: Luongo and Brodeur out already after just average performances with Fleury due to join them on the goal course momentarily.

The smartest thing for Canada to do would be to ensure that Halak gets his Canadian citizenship and that his application is fast-tracked so that he can play for Canada next during the next Olympics.

300. MontrealAtheist says:

Well, Brodeur was not very Brodeur-like during the last Olympics, was he? Or during round 1 of the current playoffs?

301. MontrealAtheist says:

Noise? There’ll be more noise in the Bell Centre tonight than in the Mellon Arena … lol

302. nightmare_49 says:

… Texas Stars earn right to face Bulldogs …………………………….   By Garry McKay HAMILTON SPECTATOR ………………………………………… http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/767668 ……………………….. The 2-3-2 series will open up with games in Hamilton on Friday night and Sunday afternoon.

303. nightmare_49 says:

Canadiens and Penguins – Game Six Goals Broken Down

…………. by Robert L

304. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Go Habs Go!!!! Believe!!! BELIEVE!!!

305. santeri says:

Me too. The same strategy brought four Cups in 11 seasons to Detroit.

306. The Cat says:

I have a nagging feeling the refs will give Pittsburgh a 5 on 3 tonight.

307. wahoo59 says:

Check out this compilation on Cindy Crosby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sboI7oS9iZg

308. SeriousFan09 says:

Canadian goaltending isn’t what it used to be is it?

Although calling Fleury a member of Team Canada IMO is being generous, didn’t touch the ice in any Tournament game except to pick up a medal he had less to do with than the Stick boy.

309. roblack says:

HABS FOREVER,FOREVER HABS

This is starting to feel like destiny,its a storyline that couldnt have been written in Hollywood. The goalie that almost got traded turns into a superstar,the beginning of the career of the Habs next great,PK Subban,the long needed sniper Cammy that WANTED to play here,the team that barley makes the play-offs turning into giant killers,WOW!!! In the 60′s and 70′s we were expected to win,this is going to be even sweeter. Got to go for a long ride on the bike to blow away the nervousness,8pm,need two pickets for Tittsburg.

310. W35T5ID3 says:

please cat only positive thoughts please.

311. W35T5ID3 says:

fire vigneault and bring in guy boucher….hello stanley cup.

312. adam76 says:

THAT is a fact.

313. W35T5ID3 says:

Heres my top 5 habs playoff surprises:(in no particular order)

—–max lapierre….wow who knew he had it in him?The dude has hands and wheels and determination.He has been outstanding.

—–Camalerri—–11 goals …leadership by example….

—–Gorges/Gill—-Solid duo.Gorges has unreal character and heart its unbelievable.He never  loses a battle along the boards…..watch.you see.

—–Halak:He is what his mask illustrates.A brick wall.

—-Tom Pyatt…..My new fav player ….what a sparkplug!

..theres alotta other dudes worth mentioning but im tired of typing.Habs beat pitt 4-2 in game 7.

314. Mrhab24 says:

Funny is funny

315. kakey says:

This year Hossa won’t have to face his former team again.

316. Say Ash says:

He still won’t win. He’s like Cup repellent – worse than that President’s Trophy.

317. Rainrocket16 says:

The Curse of Hossa acquired  to go to a cup and lose.

318. MontrealAtheist says:

At least he won’t be making it to the finals at all, so he doesn’t need to feel that bad about having been so close … lol

319. mb says:

Wow!  That video is great.  The whole song too!

320. Rob says:

okay, game 7…two weeks from the day we knocked out Washington.  That means everyone needs to do their best to recreate whatever their circumstances were around that glorious day.  in saying that….Calgary Hab fans, it’s time to do our part and unite again.  kempie and Timo were there with me last time.  Anyone else in the area that wants to join, let’s do this!!  We’ll do it at Shanks Crowfoot again, so if you want to join up and try to send as much positive energy towards our beloved Habs, drop me an email (rob_eats_rice@hotmail.com) or just come down to Shanks Crowfoot.  i’ll be there by 4!

LET’S GO BOYS!!!

321. Y says:

Amazing

A municipality that will lose $15 million next year agrees to take on $25 million in Coyote operating losses.

Baffles the mind

322. SeriousFan09 says:

I can’t believe that city got suckered into building the damn arena in the first place, now they’re just trying to cover up their own incompetence by not having an empty arena.

323. Fansincebirth says:

This truly has become the WTF story of this hockey season.

Boggles the mind…..

324. habs4ever2894 says:

I honestly think that i could have won that game.. But seriously dude he had a wicked team in front of him and he let in the equalizer with seconds left. The guy is not that good.

325. badangel says:

i;m jealous of all the above!!! I went to Bell Centre at lunch, was calling since noon.. finally my friend got in a virtual wait room then me.. and we still cam eout empty handed :(

snif snif

Have fun !!! Go habs!!!

326. mb says:

Aw, that happened to me when I tried to get tickets for the first round.  That virtual waiting room is one really bad system, really.

327. dicktracy says:

Well my brother who is also a Habs fan ended up in Pittsburg on business and he just went online and picked up a ticket for tomorrows game for $160.00. What kind of hockey town do ya call that. Shameful!

328. sh00n says:

Hahaha, I’d love for that to happen here, actually. :(

Tickets are ridiculous over here.

329. SeriousFan09 says:

Alexei Yashin sure doesn’t mind, Islanders are paying him 4 mil a year until 2020, LOL.

330. mike g says:

Man, this playoff run has made me the most supersticiuos man alive….

At the bar, I always have to sit in the same seat. At the 1st intermission, I got up to eat something, the Pens scored on the powerplay. So yes people, it’s my fault that it was 2-1 in favour of the Pens, I’ll take the blame. I then ran back to my seat, and saw us take a 4-2 lead. Then my gf walks in and tells me to sit next to her. After 5 minutes of arguing and explaining, she understood. So I stayed at my seat, until there was 2 minutes left. I saw how we were playing well with the 2-goal lead, so I said “Ah, what the heck, I’ll go sit next to her”. WTF was I thinking, 30 seconds later the Pens score again. Go back to my seat, and we win.

It’s really crazy. At one point I had to have my beer at a certain place on the table, and the dish that was used for my sub could not be picked up by the bartender. I blasted him when he touched it. It was full of ketchup and those tiny burnt fries, but too bad that dish stayed there until the end of the game…

The one thing I’ve noticed, is this Pakistani lady that walks around that area. Every time I drive to the bar to watch a playoff game and I see her, we’ve won. It’s 4 times I see the 80 year old lady walking slowly, and it’s 4 times we win. As I was driving there yesterday, I saw her and gave her a thumbs up lol…..

She better be there tomorrow….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

331. Habscore says:

HAHAA!! Do the same tomorrow my friend!

My routine is to have my supper and drink ready (usually red wine and the bottle next to my feet on the floor to calm my nerves but pumps me up instead) in the living room. My laptop must be  on my right side, and cell phone on the left side of keyboard.

But most importantly, I MUST be seated on the same part of the couch and sitting on my right leg. Even if I don’t feel my leg anymore and as numb as it gets, it stays like that until there is a commercial break. If ever I free my right leg during the game, the opponent usually scores. I do not wear a Habs shirt cuz it does NOT bring luck at all!

I really wanna go to the Bell center tomorrow, and most of my friends are going, but I won’t go and I’ll watch the game home, cuz it may jinx it.

– YES HABS CAN!! –

332. sh00n says:

Well said. I know I was refreshing the page about around 12:05 the link finally got on the site. I got in right as the link came on, and I still waited quite a while before I finally got in. When I got into the room at 12:05 the floor seats were already completely gone. At around 12:30 I finally got chosen to get tickets, and there was no limit on them, but I only needed 2. I got worried cause there were only split seats left until I finally landed a pair in the Blues, Row D.

333. Habby2CU says:

I had the chance to buy tickets before the rest went on sale to the general public through evenko. I could have bought reds but I went with Club Desjardins because I figured we could see the big screen better.

334. sh00n says:

I wonder how the people on the floor are gonna watch the game? Maybe they’re using the huge projector and playing the game right on the ice?

335. sh00n says:

I posted this in the game thread, but in case anyone missed it, I made another wallpaper for Habs fans.

The original size is 1200×1600; if you want that one, there’s a link on the left hand side that says Download, click that and it should load for you! Also, check my page every once in a while as I frequently make new wallpapers of the Habs for myself and fellow fans!

Spread the word and GO HABS GO!

336. Chuck says:

11, I believe. But we won the last 10 of ‘em.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

337. MontrealAtheist says:

Hmmmm, why does this remind me of Bob Gainey not willing to admit that he made a mistake with Price? Good thing that Gainey is no longer around to make this type of deal with Price although a lot of folks would appreciate a similar deal being done with Halak in the post-season.

338. badangel says:

no kidding eh.

I love it… but almost hate it cause I wish I had a ticket for me and my friend:(

339. mike g says:

Good stuff buddy…

I hope we win tomorrow and the Bruins-Flyers series goes 7. That way, there will be some much needed rest and preperation for the Habs, and your right leg….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

340. TOEmastro says:

row A seats 1-5, bring the siblings( plus 2) .. it should be great

341. Brian14 says:

Recap of the first 6 games heading into tomorrow’s showdown.

342. LizardKing1967 says:

The emotion we have been through over the last 15+ years has culminated to the forefront. May the hockey Gods be in favour of us one more time. Alas, if not, I will still be truly PROUD of MY team, as has been hard to do these last several years, for now we have a TEAM to be PROUD of.

Boys, go out tomorrow night and show the world what you are made of. You have all brought pride back to the ST FLANEL. Go out there our warriors and show the world that OUR team is back. Go out there tomorrow, and in the words of a famous leader show the world that “This is not madness! THIS IS NOS CANADIENS!!!!!”

Jim-out. I BELIEVE!

343. Shublips says:

Well said, and I agreed.  These guys have given us something to be proud of for the first time in a long time.  That being said, they have a chance to move on to the conference finals and that is simply stunning.

The pressure is clearly on the Pens shoulders right now and while I don’t expect them to just lie down for us, I think that the Habs have momentun on their side.  Should be one heck of a game!

344. lenny says:

there’s something happening here, what it is aint exactly clear, there’s HALAK standing over there, telling Crosby he’s got to beware…..

345. joeybarrie says:

In 1993 there was only 1 time where it looked like we might go out. We were NEVER facing elimination. In fact we only lost 4 games. So far we have lost 6.

As much as I want to see us go to 4 straight game 7′s and have the most elimination wins, I just can’t take it.

I’ve aged 10 years already so far this post season. I only have so much time left in me. It would be nice to see a series lead that goes past the first game. I would like it if we took it to another team.

But as long as we are still in it. I am happy. GO HABS GO.

ONLY 9 MORE.

346. Dee says:

I can’t afford to age 10 more  years LOL. I’m buying a diffibulator.

Habs Fan 4 Ever & Ever Amen.

347. JD_ says:

So, I go away for a week-and-a-half to some remote location at the other end of this fine country and come back to a city all hopped up on goofballs.

Awesome.

The Pittsburgh Penguins Meltdown 2010 (TM) is almost complete.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

Truly awesome.

348. punkster says:

Those pics are dynamite JD. Dyn-o-mite I tell you!

FEEL THE PRIDE!

349. ari says:

I hope no gazette writers start to wave white flag tomorrow and tell us how to behave if they lose,as they did yesterday ,in a game day,elimination game.

350. Habscore says:

I got my annual First Aid and defibrillator requalification tomorrow in my job. Maybe I could get away with a couple of defibrillators, they may be very useful….uhmm…

– YES HABS CAN!! –

351. habsgod says:

this is for my fellow habs fans to enjoy i haven’t stopped believing ,ever since game 1 of round 1 i believed  and  will continue to believe all the way to the stanley cup  and beyond even when the 25th banner is hung

THE DRIVE FOR 25 IS STILL ALIVE KEEP BELIEVEING!