Habs will practice at noon; Metro skating

The Gazette’s Herb Zurkowsky reports the Canadiens are in an 11 am meeting, as scheduled, and will practice at noon hour.

Centre Glen Metropolit was on the ice ahead of the team, skating with head athletic therapist Graham Rynbend. Metropolit is rehabbing a left shoulder separation and it wasn’t expected he’d be back in the lineup before the playoffs, perhaps a later round assuming the Canadiens made it that far.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are skating on Brossard’s other sheet of ice at this hour.

1. zak says:

When you’re fighting for a playoiff spot every game is a must game. stop picking and choosing you’re must games  just to dump on a particular player

2. jimmy shaker says:

Okay, let’s critique Jaro!  Which game my friend?  Let me have it…..since you love him so much, this should be real easy.  Or give me a game where Price was in the crease and we can do that too.  Then we’ll see who’s bias is getting in the way of the FACTS.

Shaker

3. jimmy shaker says:

If your talking about the 3rd Islander goal, go back to NHL.com and check out the video replay.  Started off with a turnover in the neutral zone , Nilson came in as the puck squirted out to him and he had a nice wrist shot, right over Jaro’s pad and just under his glove right inside the post…..and he shot it just inside the faceoff circle….so it wasn’t a shot from the blueline…..FACT…..try it sometime, rather than just going off of your hate for Jaro because your mad at him for taking the job from your best buddy Price.

Shaker…still shaking my head!

4. jimmy shaker says:

So were the wins (shutout wins) vs philly and buffalo not clutch wins?  What about any of his 25 wins throughout the year?  Why aren’t they classified as “clutch wins”?  WOW…I think you’re in a fog when it comes down to who is to blame for the habs woes.  Again, you stating “he didn’t get it done”  What would you like him to do better?  We know he can’t score or backcheck hard, or make the right pinch at the right time and make the right decision with the puck.  SO, what do you want him to do?  Please tell me!

Shaker

5. makka83 says:

Yeah… I’ve seen you critique Jaro ZERO times

6. makka83 says:

A goal from the blue line with noone around him is a weak goal. Less weak goals have been whined about if another goalie was in nets.

7. makka83 says:

Actually that’s not what I meant but I guess I should have elaborated for the less intelligent people.

Halak had 2 MUST WIN GAMES and he lost them. That’s a fact.

Halak had a must win/tie game against the Rangers 3 years ago and wasn’t great (88% save%, like last night exactly). While he has played great down the stretch and is one of the very few reasons why we are still in playoff contention, he has come up empty when trying to actually get us there now 3 times at least. He just could not finish the job. This is one of the positives about Halak, that he is clutch when it matters and when the game is on the live, making key saves and getting us key wins.

Last night would have been a key win. NYI would have been a key win. He did not get it down. So tomorrow he will have another chance and I hope he does it. Based on his history, unfortunately he will not do it because, he has always come up short throughout his career.

8. jimmy shaker says:

If you think that Price is getting the start…..there is something wrong!  There is noway that JM can go with Price.  IF he does do that, he’ll be sending price to the wolves which is not a good thing.  After Carey’s last start vs the canes…..EVeryone knew that Jaro had to run the schedule…..he’s the number 1 guy…JM showed that, Jaro knows it and Carey has excepted it.  Jaro is the tender from here on in.

Shaker

9. jimmy shaker says:

You guys are quite comical talking about rebound control.  So the breakaway on Larose that Halak stopped, then as the puck went off of Gio’s skate right to Staal and scored as O’Byrne just let him go and watched him walk in…..yes that is Jaro’s poor rebound contol.  And then on the 3rd goal, where Marky made his best pinch of his life….Jaro makes the save on Staal’s shot, a very quick close in shot, that Staal has to shoot far side, so if he doesn’t score, at least there might be a rebound that could come out to the slot or open side of the net.  He doesn’t shoot nearside, he shoots farside because of the better percentages of getting a goal.  Jaro makes the first save, and Staal hoping for a goal, knowing most likely he’ll get a rebound, does just that, gets the rebound and they score.  How do you honestly think, with a shot from that close in on that type of angle, that Jaro could’ve done better?  Should we expect a goalie never to give up rebounds?  Looks that way to me, when you look at the goals.  NHL.com goes goal by goal, check it out, and I think you’ll recant your statement!

Shaker

10. slapshot777 says:

I said a couple of days ago just after the OT loss to the Isles, that we should have started Price against Carolina and we could have given Halak a rest and it would have kept him fresh for Toronto. Now here we are, with the team in a free fall and now Halak is looking just like Price does when he doesn’t get the offensive support.

That has been the biggest difference this season. Price hasn’t got that lucky bounce plus an unfortunate soft goal here and there and with no offensive suport for him, that equals up to a loss usually. Halak on the other hand was making some key saves and the offensive was giving him about a goal a game more than Price was getting and that was equalling a win.

So here we are, what to do?  Play Halak and hope he holds up and doesn’t fold nder the pressure of a must win in the last game, or do we take a chance and hpe that Price who must be hungry now to play a game and show management that he is capable of making that key stop also and hoping the offensive can score some goals and the PP click for a couple of goals.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

11. jimmy shaker says:

Yes I like Halak more than I like Price, but I don’t let my bias blind me otherwise like it seems to be doing for you.  Your facts are weak, like your takes.  Explain to me how last night and the newyork game were his fault.  What were you chirping actually not chirping when jaro had the back to back donuts last week?  Just don’t let your bias of Price be your only reason to try and tear down Jaro and his play.  Because in case you missed it, without Jaro where would we be right now?  FACT!  I’ll critique Jaro, just as I critique Carey  good or bad…..looks like you can’t do the same.

Shaker

12. Bugs says:

When a goalie loses a game to NY, that means they’re not clutch. That’s what that means.

It doesn’t matter if they systematically bring their teams to the playoffs two, and almost three times, by themselves or take a rinky-dink international team to the bronze game in the Olympics; what matters is: did they have ONE bad game against the Isles.

Halak had a bad game vs the Isles, therefore A to B to B to C = Halak is not clutch.

Thanks, Maka.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

13. jimmy shaker says:

Not fact….opinion that Halak let in a weak goal with 90 seconds left.

How could Halak win yesterday? Please with your hard facts explain that to me!

3 years ago when he was a rookie….yes, he sucks hard.  Then Huet comes back and mails it in letting in 5 goals to the leafs.

I’m constantly giving my head a shake at fans on here looking to place blame on our goalies when they are the last thing that we have to worry about.  Just come on here and say…”I want Price to start, I like him better and I think he’ll get the job done”  At least something like that will give you a little bit of credit.  And yes I’m still shaking my head!

Shaker

14. makka83 says:

Stating fact is embarrassing? sorry the truth hurts.. your man-crush for halak must be hurting since he did win the last two games… it’s okay!

15. makka83 says:

Pointing out facts my friend.

Halak blew the NYI game with a weak goal and was weak in the shootout.

Halak did not WIN yesterday

and Halak did not win when we needed 1 point to the Rangers 3 years ago…

FACTS! Give your head a shake!

16. jimmy shaker says:

So it’s obvious your bias towards Price is blinding the reality of the situation.  Wake’em up!  Stop now before you emabarrass yourself further

Shaker

17. jimmy shaker says:

AHhhh, so little understanding of the game.  Ignorance speaks loudly with that rant!

WOW…

Shaker

18. makka83 says:

Meh! Just pointing out the obvious…

Halak folks arguments against Price:

– Most important things are wins

– Jaro is there when in matters

The last two games both are strong arguments against Halak. We needed a win and he let in a weak goal with 90 seconds left!!!

He also lost to the Rangers in 2007 (why is everyone forgetting that?) with a respectable save % of 88%… Then everyone blames Huet/Carbo… Honestly? Halak had the chance and blew it.

19. Storm Man says:

nope Im bang on when it comes to JM

20. Chorske says:

yer missing Bugs’ point

21. Storm Man says:

Oh Oh you have started something now, Bugs is going to set you straight.

22. makka83 says:

What’s Halak’s record in must win games this season?

How about must get 1 point games?

How about 2 years ago? Wasn’t he the one who lost to the Rangers?

Yeah, he’s clutch!

23. Storm Man says:

Bugs easy now I have never said anything bad about Halak,  JM does not know how to coach this team and he should go the guy is not a winner.

24. Bugs says:

So you admit to being biased to the point of foregoing reason if you can’t find ANYTHING good to say about Jack nor recognize that Halak now is better than Lalime then?

I see.

Very good.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

25. Storm Man says:

It would be the same, I wish I could say something good about the way JM coaches but untill the mothership takes Alf home I don’t.

26. smiler2729 says:

Yeah really. And speaking of Patrick Lalime, how nice of Buffalo to start him last night against the Bruins.

27. Bugs says:

You want to keep things real, you give Halak’s play now to Senators’ team then and then take a look at Jack Marty’s record against the leafs when the games mean something.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

28. Storm Man says:

I keep things real Bugs, I do dare to dream from time to time

29. Bugs says:

Why you gotta be that way, Stormy?

We’re gonna win.

And that’s all there is to it.

Ridiculously overhyped, call me

30. Storm Man says:

how is JM record vs the Leafs when the game means something??????? Things that make you go Hmmmmmm;)