Habs vs. Bruins will start Thursday night

The Eastern Conference semifinal series between the Canadiens and Bruins will start Thursday night in Boston.

RDS reported the entire series schedule on its website on Tuesday afternoon, including the 7:30 p.m. start Thursday for Game 1, and the NHL confirmed the Thursday start on its website Tuesday night. The NHL said the entire schedule would be set on Wednesday.

Here’s the entire series schedule that RDS, which televises all the Habs games, posted on its website:

Game 1: Thursday May 1 at Boston, 7:30 p.m.

Game 2: Saturday, May 3 at Boston, 12:30 p.m.

Game 3: Tuesday, May 6 at Montreal, 7 p.m.

Game 4: Thursday, May 8 at Montreal, 7 p.m.

Game 5 (if necessary): Saturday, May 10 at Boston, TBD

Game 6 (if necessary): Monday, May 12, at Montreal, 7 p.m.

Game 7 (if necessary): Wednesday, May 14, at Boston, TBD

(Photo by John Mahoney/The Gazette)

Series Preview, NHL.com

Habs looking for momentum on power play, montrealgazette.com

Subban ready to take heat in Boston, montrealgazette.com

Lucic, Gallagher shelve Vancouver bond for playoff warfare, Vancouver Province

Bruins’ Hamilton becoming more consistent, montrealgazette.com

Bruins’ Paille could return against Habs, NHL.com

Krejci, linemates focus on coming up big for Bruins, NHL.com

Gallagher rises to occasion, Canadiens.com

Chiarelli’s Bruins stronger than ever, Boston Herald

Chara shines for Bruins without ‘sexy stats,’ Boston Globe

The matchup: Montreal vs. Boston, Canadiens.com

1. icemachine says:

Glad it’s starting Thursday, but what the hell is with a Saturday afternoon game. Can Gary give a bigger finger to Canada?

So a positive with this schedule means not playing Friday night when the arena is used for a graduation during the day. I realize they can convert arenas quickly, but the ice should be in better condition. The better the ice, the better for us i think.

3. Mattyleg says:

In honour of the Rangers’ debacle this evening, it’s Manhattan Time chez les Mattyleg.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

4. scamorza says:

So in Gatineau watching the flyers beat up the rangers had the flyers winning in 7 (so far have every series right except St. Louis) so staying with habs in seven winning at TD Gahhden. Anyway with a bunch of French québécois who hate the habs as they are ex nordiques fans makes me realize as much as I love the laffs and bruins rivalries have to admit there was some pretty good deep seated hatred in the QC /MTL rivalry hope they get a team again so we have another team to dump on

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

• Mattyleg says:

Hey man, as I said a few weeks back (to general outrage), most French-Canadiens don’t care too much about the Leafs, and don’t consider there to be any kind of significant rivalry with the Habs, and with the Bruins’ as a fairly distant second place, the only rivalry that interests the Québecois was the one against the Nordiques.

I was at the Colorado game, and there were TONS of Colorado fans with Sakic jerseys, and almost as many Nordiques caps and jerseys.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• scamorza says:

Generally agree but also depends on age thing growing up as habs fan in 60’s and 70 means hating the leafs ( last cup win was against us!) and of course the bruins rivalries of the 70’s . There is also the Toronto Montreal city rivalry. But yes the habs and nordiques of the 80’s and early 90′ pretty well divided the province right down to the beer you drank

come to Dorion suits where you get no….”hassoles” _ Yvon Lambert

5. JUST ME says:

Really feel like i am losing something precious on saturday. I understand that many of you are in other time zones but i have a hard time understanding the logic behing the move. I know i know U.S.A. NBC $$$.

My point is, saturday night, playoff time game against Boston. How much better can it get ? The whole city is stopping for the event, streets are emptier than usual, basically this is it ! We have been playing 82 games and waiting for this all year long. And now for whatever reason i must sacrifice ? I don`t get it…

• Habitoba says:

In BC now and I’m a bit weary of starting to drink at 10 in the morning for the game. Perhaps I’ll have to switch to BC’s finest export for this one ;)

• JuventusHab says:

Hi guys, as a Belgian Habs fan I’ve been reading this forum for quite some time now, but this is actually my first post.

Just a question: if the Habs were to beat the Bruins and would match up against the Rangers or Flyers in the third round, who would get the home ice advantage? Is it based on the conference standings or on the playoff seeding?

6. Rockhabsfan says:

Lets hope game 3 is Tuesday night, as thats how I booked my airfare…

7. Marc10 says:

I hate this schedule, but if it works in our favour… I’ll be just fine and dandy with it.

Stupid 12:30 start makes for a middle of the night game on Friday for me. Thanks Gary. Here’s hoping we win.

8. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Re: early Saturday hockey… if they’re looking for a U.S. audience they may as well try to be on when nothing else is. Evening hockey on NBC is drawing 630,000 in a country of 350,000,000. An eighth of what the NBA playoffs are drawing. And Spongebob Squarepants drew 850,000.

9. JUST ME says:

Here is for hoping the second round is as entertaining as the first one!
    Every night it seems that we saw some unexpected results making us say : what got into them ?

10. habsfan0 says:

Daniel Briere has always picked up his game in the playoffs.
    He has never won the Stanley Cup,and this could be his last kick at the can.
    Accordingly,I see big things from him this series.

11. monmick says:

NHL just confirmed Thursday start…

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

12. Marc10 says:

Whoa. Philly pulling out a big game at the brink. They’d be a terrible match up for Pittsburgh…

13. ths says:

Finally Saturday Hockey Night in Australia. I’m won’t have to wake up Sunday and have to crack open a few to watch the Habs

Ooh Aah Habs on the war path

14. CJ says:

Halifax loses 3-2, despite out shooting Val d’Or 41-16. Tough series for Fucale.

• stevieray says:

Somewhat disappointed in the lad….he has played a lot of hockey this year. Wonder what the HAB brass will think about his performance.
      Drouin , although great tried to do to much himself..was it just me or did Val Dor seem a lot bigger …hello a series though ..good luck to val Dor

• B says:

The year after Price was drafted, his save% dropped to .906 in the reg season and .896 in the playoffs. He seems to have turned out ok.

–Go Habs Go!–

15. Slackman says:

This schedule is just no good for me. 12:30 on a Saturday?! That’s when I alphabetize my coupons! Blasted American media moguls! I mean, COME ON. Canadians invented hockey. We should only have Canadian teams playing Saturday NIGHT! NOT DAY. NEVER DAY. NEVER. WHY!??? WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS TO ME!??

“When the going get’s weird, the weird turn pro”

16. Prop says:

I guess Advil is now regretting using Lundquist in their commercial…

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

17. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

The Habs and the Bruins not playing Saturday night is pure blasphemy…a disgrace. More proof that the American audience is more important to the NHL than the Canadian. I can’t believe the media is not blasting these guys. How much $$$ do you think Montreal restaurant and bars just lost? What was the point of setting up these rivalries in the playoffs if you were not going to show them at a time where you can maximize the viewership? I just don’t understand…

• habsfan0 says:

If the game was played Saturday night,US ratings would be abysmal.
      Of course, they would be off the charts here in Canada.

• Mattyleg says:

They’re maximizing American viewership.
      There are more of them than us.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

Or Gary doesn’t give a rats ass about Canada, I think I will take that for $500 Alex.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

All I know is that if you have to show the best playoff rivalry at 12:30, you have a serious marketing problem. There is a reason the Super Bowl is shown at night and not at noon. If they can’t get Americans to watch a great series late afternoon/early evening, Bettman should be fired.

18. Danno says:

Simmonds with the hatty.

Rangers are getting shellacked

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

Wow blowout happening in Philly! Lundqvist looking average…..

20. Prop says:

Simmonds with the hatty.

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

21. Mattyleg says:

Lundqvist should have charged down that puck.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

22. habsfan0 says:

Looks like another Game 7.

23. UKRAINIANhab says:

What’s with the doom and gloom. If we play our game… Habs in 5.

24. frontenac1 says:

Doesn’t Diaz play for the Rangers? Is he injured?

25. naweed235 says:

I guess, I am very much OK with us being the absolute underdogs in this series. It seems like no one is giving us a chance including most of our fan base. We know that the boys thrive under the fact that it’s them against the world.
    May the good guys win.

• HabFan in Edmonton says:

How can we not be the underdog? As much as I dislike the Bruins they had the best record in the NHL. We certainly don’t need to give the Bruins more motivation by pretending they are the underdog. Yes, may the good guys win.

26. Danno says:

Simmons again.

I’d much rather see the Rangers advance but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• naweed235 says:

I’ve always dreamed of having Simmonds in a Habs jersey. The guy is just one of those money players that comes to play every night and thrives in the big moment situations.

An effing 10:30 am game? That’s great. Just great. Who is the moron who made that schedule? Does Bettman think that people in California will watch an NHL game at 9:30 am on Saturday?

28. MikeHabs says:

I don’t mind afternoon games but 12:30 is not a fun time to start. It changes your whole preparation. Some players prefer it though.

There are a few prospects still playing, here is how they did this past week: http://www.allaboutthehabs.ca/prospect-update-apr-21-27/

29. ffenliv says:

Man, that schedule is the worst. I’m flying down to Winnipeg for a CT scan Thursday, and back up North on Saturday – I’m going to miss all of game two.

*looks around for Mavid*

A CURSE UPON YOU, FIRST AIR!!

30. monmick says:

I don’t mind the afternoon games too much; but I clearly prefer evenings. But imagine the Finals going to game 7 and that last game being played on a Saturday afternoon? Now THAT would be sacrilegious. Anyone know whether it’s ever happened?

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

31. Danno says:

Flyers > Rangers – so far

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

Flyers full of P&V early and looking good, up 1-0.

33. The Teacher says:

I HATE this Saturday afternoon game BS.

34. CJ says:

2-1 Halifax

1-0 Baie Comeau

35. Hobie says:

Over the years I’ve had 10 posters at a time chasing after me for paying compliments the Bruins. I was simply pointing out the obvious and that a bunch of smurfs with limited talent aren’t going to beat a bunch hooligans with loads of talent.

People lost their minds when people like myself said we need to get bigger, meaner and better. They wanted Disney on ice to magically skate circles around the Bruins, with no rough stuff, declare world peace, en route to winning the Stanley cup.

Those were the days before guys like Emelin or Prust were around, Subban was just getting his first bunch of games under his belt, Pacioretty was clamoring for more ice time and Vanek was a happy in Buffalo. Scrappy little Gallagher was probably in his first year of junior.

Those were the days with before guys like Bergevin, Therrien, Mellanby, Lapointe and Dudley arrived in Montreal and instilled some pride and toughness back into the organization.

The Habs were a JOKE 3 or 4 years ago! They got lucky and went on a little run and fell flat on their face in the 3rd round.

Sure the Bruins are as big,tough and talented as ever! Except now the Habs are right behind them. Price just won the gold medal at the Olympics. Subban won the Norris last year and he and Emelin can destroy people at the blue line. Plekeanec, Gionta, Bourque, Prust and Eller are a heck of a supporting cast while Vanek, Desharnais and Pacioretty are one of the best top lines in the league!

For all the doubters out there, you need to give yourselves a smack and wake up! A Bruins/Habs series would be close if the Habs just squeezed into the playoffs! That isn’t the case though, the Habs have a very good team and are close to 100% healthy for the 1st time in a decade in the playoffs.

We can win this one and are very marginal underdogs. Trust me.

Go Habs Go!!!

• Habfan10912 says:

I’m with ya Hobie. I think the Habs have as good a chance to beat the Bruins as any Eastern Conference team.

+24 Hobie!

• Mattyleg says:

Hold on now, just a second.

I’ve been told many times on this site that hockey is supposed to be entertainment.

I find Disney on Ice very entertaining.

I don’t see why they can’t work together…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• punkster says:

No argument from me on this one…this is a matchup made in Habs Heaven.

(…and I never thought it was your message, just your delivery.)

Release the Subbang!!!

• CJ says:

I love your optimism and passion. Perhaps it’s just because I want to win so badly, or the painful loss to the Senators still burns so deep, that I’m slow in coming to the positivity party. Your point about our steps forward are all spot on.

We now have a real leadership team, including one notable exception, Shane Churla. Guys who know how to win, who are tough and who know what it takes to restore the glory in this proud franchise and fan base.

What a major step forward it would be to knock these guys down a peg and steal this series. Sure, I might think our chances are long, but I also feel, in my heart, that we can do it. Every fibre in my being wants to beat Boston. Here’s to hoping! Cheers, CJ

• frontenac1 says:

You bet amigo! Habs in 6.

36. 2mins4lookinsooogood says:

Underdog Montreal against the Big Bad Bruins …

“Don’t crush that dwarf Alex Henry, hand me the pliers”

Habs fans are often accused of living in our past glories. When the flyers bring out that old film of Kate Smith is this not even more obvious living in the past?

• ffenliv says:

I’m the sort of guy that goes for that. I mean, the Bell Centre runs Ginette Reno out there. As an Anglo born in the 80s, I had no idea who she was, but now have come to love her anthems.

I’d care less about Kate Smith, but is it her daughter I believe that sings along? That does it for me. I love it.

Really, I like any anthem singer who isn’t just sort of trite and dull, or simply a pretty face who mistakes the ability to sing loudly with the ability to sing well.

I have no issue with it, but just think we get a bad rap for enjoying our past, just as others should embrace their past. But Ginette Reno is indeed alive and well, Kate Smith is a video on the scoreboard.

Ms. Reno was incredible, I loved that the team thought to do that.

• ffenliv says:

At times, the history at the Bell Centre can drip just a bit too much for me, though it’s a personal thing. For example, I found the pre-game ceremonies, including the torch kid before the Tampa games a bit old this time. It didn’t connect with me as it did in the past. And, as a result, I said ‘history, schmistory’, score me some goals.

I’m sure I’ll be back on the bandwagon in a week, though!

In other news, I read that Reno is unavailable for round 2? Can’t the meddling National Assembly pass some rules requiring her presence?

I don’t think Lauren Hart has any relation to Kate Smith, looking online it appears her father used to be a TV commentator for the Flyers. Again, i have no issue with the Flyers doing it, only pointing out that other teams also are very nostalgic, not just us Habs.

• ffenliv says:

Where’d I get that idea then? 32 and senile.

Gene Hart was the longtime voice of the Flyers, during their glory days, perhaps thus the daughter part. I thought you may have been correct until I googled it, made sense.

CHeers bud!

• ffenliv says:

I’d also agree with you on the ‘on the scoreboard’ thing, were it not for the in-person duet with the other woman, who I could swear I heard was her daughter.

If it was just Smith on the board, that’s kinda dull.

• punkster says:

Hey, how was your golf week?

Release the Subbang!!!

• Habfan10912 says:

Her version of that song is legendary. Her class doesnt fit with that animal fan base though.

38. thebonscott says:

would be funny if when bruins play in mtl, all habs fans shook cans of planter’s nuts

C’mon guys this is not rocket surgery!!!!

39. Stanley Cup or Bust ! says:

Enfin.

12:30 = Home ice advantage.
    That’s what you play for.

Go Habs GO!

40. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Best line from one of the Boston articles: “After just two seasons on the job, Habs GM Marc Bergevin seems a vast improvement from predecessor Pierre Gauthier”…ya think? LOL

41. JarryPark says:

This schedule is no good. I’m going to Hawaii for 10 days and 3 of the 5 games present a schedule conflict.

My wife says I’m insane. Is she right?

42. Le Jadester says:

Buck the fooins !
    POS…..Donkeys !
    Karma is gonna get those effers for scheduling a 12:30 pm game?
    Who the eff does that ?
    Losers!

Habs, OLE !

43. habcertain says:

@hf999, think how I feel, I’m in a time zone where the game will be shown at 6:30 am. Hey Font, what is the appropriate cocktail for that hour?

44. Thomas Le Fan says:

Only one Canadian team in the playoffs and they schedule them on Saturday afternoon? Thanks NHL. More evidence that hockey is a great game run by idiots.

Hockey isn’t everything … it’s the only thing … except for beer and guitars!

45. billylove says:

A Thursday start? That doesn’t sound right to me.

46. Steve C. says:

I’d love to have Mike Cammalleri back with the Habs if just for this series. I love his character, big or small, and he would definitely get up for this series. He’s built for games like these. Anybody remember when he fought Krejci?

47. johnnylarue says:

So you’re telling me I have to wake up at 9:30am (NINE THIRTY EH EM!!) on a Saturday to watch a playoff game?

This is simply unacceptable.

Here’s hoping my prediction (Habs in 1) holds true and renders this scheduling atrocity a moot point…

48. UKRAINIANhab says:

12:30 Saturday… Well %#^% that!!! I have soccer, meh whatever. GHG

49. CJ says:

Good evening folks.

Finally, a schedule! Now I can officially start feeling anxious, with a defined date in place. My brother, deep in enemy territory, is on edge, perhaps more so than myself.

I don’t know how we can possibly do it. I don’t know how we can possibly beat the Bruins, a team well designed to win in the playoffs. We are placing a great deal of stock in the fact Rask has struggled in Montreal, and against us in general. I wouldn’t count on that going forward.

Every man will need to play better than he did against the Bolts. We will need the bounces and breaks to go our way and for Boston to make the kind of uncharacteristic mistakes that they have avoided during their most recent playoff performances.

IMO, the three biggest issues are sustained scoring, special teams and goaltending. The fourth, which is totally out of our control, is the refereeing. Again, everything should be advantage Boston.

Can the nostalgia carry Montreal? Can it upset the mighty Bruins like 2002 and 2004? My head says no chance, my heart says yes.

I can’t wait to find out….

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Hi CJ.

I know exactly what you mean about discrepancies between head and heart. I also recognise the notion of what teams look like on paper, and in this instance Boston looks very good.

However, I comfort myself remembering how good Washington and Pittsburgh looked on paper in 2010.

If Boston has its way and plays the way it wants to, the way that has brought them success this year (and previously), including the President’s Cup, then it’s hard to see us winning. Nor would we deserve to.

However, there’s no way Montreal will be intending to allow Boston to play that way. How well we succeed at putting Boston off its game will determine the outcome of the series. If we can frustrate Boston’s efforts to impose its style of play, then I believe our hopes can be rooted in something a little more tangible than nostalgia!

• CJ says:

Hi Mike!

I mentioned the other night that I’m worried, if only because so many feel so confident that we can beat Boston. I know we can beat them, but they are so complete. It pains me to say this, but I’m jealous of some of their players. Not the way in which they conduct themselves, but I love the toughness and quality players throughout the lineup. They are unafraid to play youth and inexperience and make it work.

Chiarelli has done a very good job keeping this thing moving forward and replacing parts along the way.

We’re no tea bags, but we better be ready to be excellent. The winner will be off to the Stanley Cup….

• frontenac1 says:

This edition of the Habs can play any style you want. Fast and skilled or Fast and Rough. They will surprise the Bruins and many posters here. We bought the Ticket,now we enjoy the Ride amigos. Habs in 6. Saludos!!

• CJ says:

I agree, to an extent. I don’t think our current lineup can play rough and tough. We are tougher, but I’m not sure we can survive the type of series that LA/San Jose is playing. If you replace Frankie, Weaver and Bournival with Tinordi, Murray and Moen, than we could give then a run in the toughness category, but we would not be as skilled. It’s a very thin tightrope to walk. The next two weeks will be interesting….

Love that phrasing Front, bought our tix now enjoy the ride!

Atta boy Front!

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Yup, deffo some players I’d take, like Hamilton and Millar, Chris Kelly, Seidenberg. There are also good players who are simply too classless to be allowed wear a Habs jersey.

For sure, we don’t win unless we bring the A game every night. I think you’re right about fan confidence, although I think it’s less “we WILL win” than “we — perhaps uniquely in the East — have what it take to win.”

Even though they beat us last time in Game 7, I reckon the Bruins have the entire Virunga Mountain range on their backs as regards beating Montreal in the playoffs. Strong motivation, also potential weakness….

• DipsyDoodler says:

The one positive is that Boston has no game breaker. Every one of their players can be contained.

—–
        Moving. Forward.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Good point.
          Some of their new young guys are pretty scary. They play as though they have no intention of being left in the back seat by the vets.

• CJ says:

True. Good point. However, I’d argue it’s easier to shut down one game breaker than it is to counter a lineup filled with guys who can change a game. This has really improved our chances – balance. Boston is even more balanced though.

We shut down their entire first line and PP in 2011 and still lost because the 2nd and 3rd line were better than our second and third line. I hope we can turn the tables this season.

Not to labour the point, but, IMO, it comes down to goaltending. Price vs Rask. To the victor, goes the spoils….

• monmick says:

Is your brother a Bruins fan? Just curious….

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

• CJ says:

Montreal. He moved to Brookline two years ago. His son, my nephew, was born in Boston.

• monmick says:

Be sure to buy your nephew Habs gear every chance you get…

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

• Dunboyne Mike says:

My son’s uncle buys him Leafs gear every chance he gets….

(Happily, a red Habs tuque Lafleurguy gave him in February became practically glued to his head!!)

• CJ says:

Not an issue. My sister in law is from Montreal. He is well taken care of.

Witnessed that! It’s true! LafleurGuy knows his stuff!

• Dunboyne Mike says:

What an occasion!
            How was Myrtle? Presume you’ve probably reported already, but I’ve been flat out here.

Myrtle was great! Perfect weather cold drinks, good company, good eats, now i need to recover. Oh yah golf was incredible.

• Hobie says:

I’m shocked CJ! I always try to avoid looking at things with my heart and use logic instead. I’m not always correct, I’m no rocket surgeon, but I’m pretty levelheaded and can generally make a decent analysis of a sporting situation. :-).

By the way you’re acting it’s like Boston is going to win the series 4-1 or 4-0. I believe Boston is the favourite but not my a large margin. I’d give Boston a slight edge, maybe they win the series 5.5 or 6 times out of 10.

If I’m in a poker hand and I’m the Canadiens, I’d figure I have a 45% shot in a heads-up showdown against the Bruins. Just barely less than a coin flip.

I think that Canadiens can win this series without needing too much luck.

• CJ says:

I think if you built a simulator and plugged in all the data, Boston wins 8/10 times. All we need is the 10-20%. I hope it’s our time. Price can make it our time.

The officiating concerns me. That said, I believe we can win. I really do.

We play them far to well too often to go with those odds. I am with Hobie, it’s a coinflip with a little weight their way.

I like our chances, cuz i believe in this team.

• CJ says:

Fair enough. Maybe the simulator is a bad example. More simplistic, if I’m only considering the two teams, on paper, it has to heavily favor Boston, no?

IMO, the regular season means nothing. We saw that with the Red Wings. It’s a different game, officiated under, seemingly, different rules that favor the bigger, dirtier Bruins.

Again, I’m probably wrong. Maybe Montreal whips Boston. I hope so. I just can’t help but think icing a defence, like ours, causes serious issues. If Boston wins, they would be my favorite for taking the Cup. That’s the level of respect I have for the Bruins. I just don’t know if we are there yet. To go from last in the Eastern conference, to 2nd in the conference (first season), to top four and possibly more (second season) would be unreal.

Here’s to hoping!

It’s the playoffs, anything can happen, remove logic and just enjoy with all the passion the players are showing on the ice.

• Danno says:

Can we count on Claude Julien to &*$#@ up?

Stay tuned…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
      Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

50. JUST ME says:

It does make you think when your favorite sport, your national sport is played at noon to accomodate people in another country who do not want to miss a horse race that lasts 2 minute like the Kentucky fried derby…sigh…

51. Danno says:

Dear NBC:

Take your Kentucky Derby and do something unmentionable with it

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

52. Maritime Ronn says:

The Rocket turns in his grave as Mr.Ed rules.

53. Danno says:

NBC = Not Being Considerate

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

54. Psycho29 says:

Hmmm…I dunno now:

Mitch Melnick‏ @HunterZThompson ·6 mins
    Apparently NHL Habs-Bruins playoff sked/starting times is not quite “official”. We’ve been, um, informed.

55. B says:

2 game 7s tonight to decide who plays in the Q finals. Fucale and Halifax play Val d’Or at 7:00 PM while Grégoire, Hudon and Baie Comeau take on Blainville Boisbriand at 7:30 PM. Here’s hopin’ for Drakkar vs Mooseheads final!

–Go Habs Go!–

56. Hobie says:

Thank you NBC for helping me cover the fact that I’m an alcoholic. When I crack a beer and do a shot of Whiskey prior to puck drop around noon on Saturday, I can say it’s a part of my game watching ritual.

Now I won’t half to hide my can of beer behind a loaf of bread or box of cereal while the girlfriend is walking around. I usually have to wait around until late afternoon!

57. GGtheHab says:

75 hours between games 2 & 3…..that will be a long tough wait.

• 24 Cups says:

Basically 40 hours between games 1 and 2. Maybe the Hab game plan should be to throw the puck into Chara’s end (corner) and make him skate his legs off for the next two weeks.

MT needs to also alternate Bouillon/Murray and Moen/Bournival this weekend to keep fresh legs out there.

24.4 Cups

• Dunboyne Mike says:

I agree, 24, and I’d like to add (as I always predictably do) that the forecheckers should follow him into the corner and hit him. It won’t, of course, affect him physically, but he clearly HATES it. He and a number of Bruins seem to take exception to anyone hitting them at all, to the extent that it interrupts their focus, draws penalties etc. And of course, there’s always the chance that someone might actually land a decent pop on him.

58. Mark C says:

Boston played something like 16 games that started before 3 pm during the season. Montreal 2. Super bowl weekend. Awesome.

• Habilis says:

I posted about this yesterday, but I was just eyeballing it, I didn’t know that the disparity was so great.

Definite advantage for Boston.

NBC sucks.

59. habs11s says:

damn it, going ‘down-under’ on Thursday night… may have to pay for the inflight WiFi…
    _____________________________________________________________

• Psycho29 says:

which airline?
      I think on some you can download a free app in advance and watch on your phone or iPad
      I was on Air Canada Rouge a few weeks ago, that’s how they work now. No screens on the back of the seats. :-(

• monmick says:

You can only watch movies or episodes they already have on the plane, not steam live events…

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

• habs11s says:

Qantas, hoping to get it on my laptop

_____________________________________________________________

60. FanSince1969 says:

15th?

61. Sportfan says:

WOW 12:30 I hate NBC

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

62. Un Canadien errant says:

So, can we trade our geeky lawyer-Commissioner for the NBA’s geeky lawyer-Commissioner?

———————————————————————–
    My sources are unreliable, but their info is fascinating.–Woody Paige

63. Danno says:

NBC sucks from head to toe

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

64. Psycho29 says:

Game 5 (if necessary): Saturday, May 10 at Boston, TBD

I guess that will be another 12:30 game!!

65. B says:

7:30 PM game time Saturday for JJ in Turku.

–Go Habs Go!–

66. JF says:

Kerry Fraser on last night’s controversial Kings goal:

67. naweed235 says:

I’m pumped and want me some Bruin skin on a platter.

68. JF says:

If we have to have an afternoon game, couldn’t they at least schedule it for a semi-civilized hour like 2 or 3 P.M.? 12:30 will feel like a morning game.

69. gerrybell says:

i dont like how ‘saturday day game’ in the US trumps saturday nights ‘hockey night’ in canada.

70. Habfun says:

LET’S GET IT ON!!!
    Go Habs Go!!!!

It’s all about the CH

71. habsonly says:

Thursday it is, come on habs everbody has to step it up!
    Go Habs Go!!

72. Say Ash says:

Awe yeah! West coast Habs fans drinking at 9:30 Saturday morning! Thank you Mr Bettman

73. Habshire says:

I hope game 2 goes triple OT and screws up the derby.

74. CH Marshall says:

a noon game on Saturday? Total garbage

75. CJ says:

100% certain he will officiate again this postseason. I would have fired Lee and Tim Peel four years ago, but in today’s NHL they fit perfectly.

76. stevieray says:

Sorry Partner…I keep forgetting that not every one is fortunate enough to be retired ..
    but a Darn Horse Race bumping a Playoff hockey …that,s just not right…Canada’s only team also …shows how much pull we have now ..
    god damn pity

77. CJ says:

An honest mistake. They are both terrible. It would appear that there is little to zero accountability in the league. The no goal call in the Rangers Flyers game Sunday is as bad as I’ve seen this year. Imagine losing because of that call?

78. CJ says:

Haha. It’s in the blood. My grandfather had race horses (standardbred) and my great uncle owned two racetracks, which became two racetrack casinos in Ontario.

My grandfather and EP Taylor were great friends. My grandfather and two of my uncles were in Mr. Taylor’s box at the Queen’s Plate when Northern Dancer dominated.

79. stevieray says:

I agree..for some reason most of the other teams have at least one rookie playing..but not us , says a lot about our developement of young players..Bournival has speed and plenty of it..doesn’t,t mine
    Corners and compliments Weise and Briere..they were also very effective against Tampa…Moen although a great warrior hasn,t played in over 3 weeks..he will be rusty….feel bad for Bournival

80. Habfan10912 says:

There’s 3 of us. 4 if I may be so bold to add Trini

81. Hobie says:

That could change at the drop of a hat…

82. Clay says:

I’m in as well. Moen should sit.

__________________________
    ☞ “The deepest sin of the human mind is to believe things without evidence” ~ Aldous Huxley ☜

83. Add me, but wow, what a support group for Moen yesterday. I believe it was about his Playoff experience, the fact he’s a veteran and should get in before a rookie… I didn’t buy it. We need to win and if he’s good on the PK, which I don’t see substantially, he can’t score. Good on the boards? Not anymore. But alas poor Yorick…

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

84. ianism says:

i dunno… but it could change. to me, clearly the 4th line is more dangerous with Bourni’s speed.

85. Dust says:

Injuries have played a part in those guys playing those minutes

86. marvin20 says:

always so negative:( with the same posts over and over. You should repeat the same message a few more times it will sound more convincing. Cheers

87. D Man says:

Yawn! Scotland criticizing! What a surprise!

You can’t be both a Habs and a Leafs fan

88. Dust says:

yeah who wants one of the best penalty killers on the team in the lineup. Let alone a guy that has a history of great perfomances in the playoffs.

89. D Man says:

Yep, stupid call. Yawn.

You can’t be both a Habs and a Leafs fan

90. Dust says:

not denying that. but i don’t think they would have been given the chance without the injuries

Okay thanks for the correction scotland, good to see you are in your usual cheerful mood, hope your day is Great!

92. Dust says:

I see your point

93. marvin20 says:

he needs to repeat to same message a few more times. Each time it sounds more convincing and original……yawn boring