Habs to scrimmage at Bell Centre Monday night (with video)

With an extended break between games after sweeping the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round of the playoffs, the Canadiens decided to try something new Monday to simulate game-day conditions.

Instead of practising at 10:30 Monday morning in Brossard, the team held a “morning skate”. That was to be followed by a scrimmage at the Bell Centre at 7 p.m. that will be closed to fans and the media. The 10 members of the Hamilton Bulldogs who have been practising in Brossard will be worked into the lineups for the scrimmage. The Canadiens will also hold a “family activity” at 5 p.m. at the Bell Centre.

“We don’t yet know when our series against the Bruins will start, but we haven’t had a game in a while and we wanted to have the best preparation possible, so this is why we organized the day in this way,” Canadiens coach Michel Therrien told reporters in Brossard. “We also thought it was important for the players’ families to experience the moment, so we added an afternoon activity which adds them to the schedule.”

The Canadiens were still waiting to hear from the NHL when their Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Boston Bruins will start.

The Canadiens will not practice on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the Canadiens’ P.K. Subban will not be a repeat winner of the Norris Trophy as the NHL’s top defenceman. The league announced the three finalists for this year’s award on Monday and they are Boston’s Zdeno Chara, Chicago’s Duncan Keith and Nashville’s Shea Weber.

Here’s how the lines and defence pairings looked at Monday’s morning skate:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek
Prust-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller -Gionta
Moen-Briere-Weise
Bournival-White-Parros

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Weaver
Tinordi-Murray

(Photo by Allen McInnis/The Gazette)

Canadiens stage cone-of-silence game, by The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs

Bruins vs. Habs: As it must be, by The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs

It won’t be easy, but pick Habs in seven, by Jack Todd

Rehearsal day, Canadiens.com

Morning skate interviews (video), Canadiens.com

Subban ready to take the heat in Boston, montrealgazette.com

Lucic thrives as playoff villain, montrealgazette.com

Past stats vs. Bruins meaningless, by The Gazette’s Pat Hickey

After long wait, Canadiens can now prepare for Bruins, NHL.com

A happy birthday to Ginette Reno, Stu on Sports blog

Bruins as ready as ever to take on Canadiens, Boston Globe

You can trust these Bruins, Boston Herald

Chara, Keith, Weber voted Noris finalists, NHL.com

Chara committed to protecting own end first, NHL.com

1. RetroMikey says:

I need help, what is the name of the last song and artist before they performed the playoff ceremonies in Montreal in games 3 and 4?

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

2. myron.selby says:

UCE below asked about the inspiration (?) for the Homer Simpson Blimpie Boy song. The answer is “Georgie Girl” by the Seekers circa 1968:

Hey there, Georgy girl
    Swingin’ down the street so fancy-free
    Nobody you meet could ever see the loneliness there – inside you
    Hey there, Georgy girl
    Why do all the boys just pass you by?
    Could it be you just don’t try or is it the clothes you wear?

etc.

This tells you a couple of things about me:

1) How old I am
    2) I’m an inveterate trivia collector and music fan

And no I did not have this in my music collection.

3. habs-fan-84 says:

One thing that always seems to be lost on the fans; like in any job, the rookie (new guy) always has to earn his way to the top.

I always read how rookie “x” should be playing on the top line or playing C immediately out of the gate (see Galchenyuk). That may be easy to say from the outside looking in, especially when you’re not the one not managing the personalities within the team. It is much different when you’re making those decisions and telling grown men they’ve been demoted in place of the “new guy” who hasn’t proven anything.

Bournival is still young and will be demoted in favour of a veteran Cup winner in Travis Moen. Bournival will pay his dues, and in time may be that veteran 10 years from now who gets the benefit of the doubt. However, That time is not now. Rightly so, Moen should suit up for this series. Moen is better defensively, is bigger, stronger and can still chip in the odd goal on the 4th line.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Moen 73 playoff games
      Bournival 4

Moen is useful on the PK, Bournival is not.. Moen adds some size against Boston.. I would play Bournival against Pittsburg.

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

• Maritime Ronn says:

Perhaps another reason is that Bournival has not given Coach MT any compelling ‘Offence’ reason to keep him there.

1 goal in his last 45 games including the 4 playoff games and a Minus -10 in that time frame.

4. Mr_MacDougall says:

Okay, some negative talk about Moen.. I will say this, in a situation where the Habs are up a goal with less than 45 seconds left with the Bruins pressuring and a Habs player gets the puck along the boards just above the Hash marks, which player do you want to have the puck on their stick when it must be cleared-chipped out?

My selection is Travis Moen, in my opinion, he clears the puck out of the zone, without icing the puck, better than any other Hab forward.. Honourable mention to Plek and Gio.

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

• adamkennelly says:

Moen = better than White or Bournival based on experience, PK and added size/toughness. He should be in the line-up.

Murray needs to be in as well – period.

5. adamkennelly says:

do we have dates yet for the first 4 games of this series?

I’ve been watching hockey for 35 years and I can’t recall EVER having this kind of break in the middle of the playoffs – its a bit of a joke.

• That is one of my top 10 concerns about Boston. Lucic has been allowed to jump players because he doesn’t like to get hit. He has hit players from behind, run them from behind, speared them from behind and not a thing is done about it. I’m concerned that this freak will one day pull a Todd Bertuzzi a la Moore and take someone out of a game or worse, kill them with his unbridled foaming at the mouth, rabid behaviour. Sure, he scores goals and plays on the edge. Love it when Boston announcers get their knickers in love knots about his play. To me, he’s not on the edge, he’s over and needs to be taken out. I don’t think he can be reformed and I don’t want one of our players to pay the price for his insanity. Like Emelin, or Weaver. He likes to head hunt and you can be sure he’ll be skating out their looking to exact Lucic revenge and if we have no answer to him, Murray is the only one left (Parros shouldn’t play as he can’t fight anymore), White will fight but will get boosted by Lucic, Moen can’t fight and will be back on a stretcher. So who’s left?

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

• Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Haha… in the first one Lucic, one of the strongest players in the league, is ‘propelled’ into the boards after Weaver barely touches him, then the announce team goes on to say that the Bruins don’t embellish. That’s rich.

X X X X 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

• Typical Boston hypocrisy. Bullies and thugs. They take cheap shots and can’t take a clean hit, no matter how hard. The Weaver hit was a cross check on the numbers, but to get up and do the same thing and try to bury his head into the ice, ride him on his back. WTF? Despite the fact I don’t like staged fights, if a guy like that was on the ice when I played, we’d make it clear if he pulled that ceerap, his TOI would be severely limited by our entire team. I love the type of North South, skating and skilled game that can be played, but neanderthals like this make it impossible.

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

6. PrimeTime says:

I get a wierd form of entertainment here, especially with the evening posters, reading all the negativity and petty arguments. Not sure why I do it as those guys just make me shake my head. Sure glad I live in the EST zone…..a lot of jealousies out there. But I work throughout the day with the occassional escape to read what posters are discussing and I must say, the morning has the most interesting posts. Not everyone agrees but the debate is much more rational. Perhaps because everyone is sober??

Last Nights interview between Marc Bergevin and some guy on CBC who hangs out with Cherry.

• Thanks for that link, MB looked a little tired, no tie, unshaven. Must be working overtime.

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

• Mr_MacDougall says:

MB is too drab.. Remember the energy, excitement, and accessibility of Pierre Gautier? That’s what the Habs need, a GM full of life, respects the players, is open and forthcoming. Remember the class PG showed in trading Cammy? And Hiring Randy C?

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

I hear ya, I really think the attitude of MB is infectious throughout the organization. I really appreciated hearing how the team had Mellanby spend some time with Bourque. When Mellanby was hired I was excited that indeed he could help this team with instances just like the one MB describes.

MB may make some mistakes as a GM, but I think in general he has this team on the right track and more importantly seems to have the Character needed, no wonder he emphasizes the chararcter of the players he drafts, signs or trades for.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

The difference that way of thinking makes.. I doubt MB will ever add a player that lacks character, might draft one by accident, but that’ll happen. Look at Briere, boullion, Parros, Weaver, Weisse, Murray, Budaj, moving Cole..

All these moves added an essence to the team.. I actually do not think there is such a thing as “character.” I think it is the absence of negative attributes such as ego, selfishness, sexism, jealousy, greed, and living in excess.

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

• frontenac1 says:

I like Marc and think he’s doing a great job, but the Hair! Comb your Hair Marc! You look like a sick porcupine. Hey Burly!How was your Golf Walkabout amigo?

8. Loved the speed and no quit attitude that the Habs exhibited in most of the games against Tampa. Will we be able to maintain that intensity? If we will, then it will be a great series. My concerns are these;

1) Will the regular season Bourque show up?
    2) Will the regular season Eller show up?
    3) Will the regular season Jekyll & Hyde Habs show up?
    4) Will we (the Habs) allow thugs like Lucic to get under our skin?
    5) Will we (the Habs) have active sticks to cause turnovers and break-up the Bruins PP?
    6) Will we (the Habs) have an aggressive forecheck or just let the Bruins cycle in our own end (leading to goals)?
    7) Will the Habs fall back on our heels after getting a couple and allow the Bruins back into any game?
    8) Will Miller, Chara et al injure Max, PK, Eller you name it in a “hockey play”?
    9) Will MT continue to change our lines, ultimately breaking apart the cohesiveness and camaraderie that has developed with the Habs player?
    10) Will the refs miss, blow and cause the outcome of games to support daddy Campbell and Jacobs? (duh, that’s a tough one!)

More questions to come!

I’m speechless! 20 years and counting…

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Lesson in positivity rewrite.

1) Will Bourque continue his magnificent play?
      2) Will Eller continue his confident and solid defensive play?
      3) Will the Habs continue their consistent high level play?
      4) Will the Habs show grace and discipline in the face of poor sportsmanship?
      5) Will the Habs dominant PK overwhelm the Bruins?
      6) Can the bruins handle the Habs phenomenal forechecking?
      7) Will the Habs showcase killer instinct and bury the Bruins when they have a lead?
      8) ……
      9) Will the Habs continue having success on all forward lines, or will their fantastic coach have to make in series adjustments?
      10) Will the Habs continue getting the small breaks that “teams of destiny” seem to receive?

There… I fixed it.

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

Moen is not getting his very just accolades for his work 5 on 5 and even more so on the penalty kill.

Bounrnival is going to be a great player for us in the future, especially with his speed and tenacity, but for this round of the play offs he does not have the experience of Moen! Every single goal and even shot on net will be so important in this series!

Hab’s in 6,— all one goal games!! Hang onto the ends of your seats and keep the Nitroglycerin close by!!

• Kooch7800 says:

I agree he doesn’t get the respect he deserves Ian!

• SlovakHab says:

If every single goal and even shot on net will be so important in this series, then you want Michael Bournival on ice. He is who gave us that 4-line depth.

Moen is good, but offensively he brings not much. He cannot pass, shoot or draw penalties like Bournival can.

Moen – Briere – Weise seems like a weird line with 2 pluggers and a small skilled center.

10. Maritime Ronn says:

If you want to know what Price, Subban, and Gionta have been up to in the past several days, it had something to do about hunting…
    Subban looks ready!

11. Habfan10912 says:

@Hobie. Bergevin is not dumb. At least not this week. My real point is this, what has Moen done to warrant this kind of loyalty over a kid, who’s a big part of the teams future?

I sure as heck hope Moen isn’t playing for a physical match up purpose. Trying to out Bruin the Bruins is a recipe for disaster.

All that said, if Moen is out there Friday, I’ll be rooting hard for him to succeed. Please font mistake my affection for Bourque being stronger then my loyalty to the team. Just a huge Bournival fan.

• Ozmodiar says:

> what has Moen done to warrant this kind of loyalty over a kid…?

He’s won a cup. That’s something.

What has the kid done to warrant taking the experienced stanley cup champ’s spot? ;)

The future doesn’t matter right now. They’re not concerned with job training.

• Paz says:

Jim, I am a huge Bournival fan! Huge!

The logic to play Moen is his experience having won a Cup. He’s been there, won 16 games, and lived to tell about it.

• Hobie says:

He’s played a decade in the league, played well in the playoffs, put his body on the line, stuck up for his teammates, and he’s good at both ends of the ice.

There is something, not found on the couch at home or on a stats sheet, called loyalty, respect and doing the right thing.

The younger guys and even veterans, look down the bench, see Moen come off the ice after a real physical shift, and say to themselves, if he’s out there battling against the big nasty Bruins, after suffering a concussion, after 10 years in the league, we better get our asses moving!

They need all the Moens they can get against Boston! He’s a warrior and a leader. That’s what hockey is all about!

MUCH BETTER VALUE WATCHING AT HOME!

Tickets for sale- Boston at Montreal

·Home Game #1 -124 V – $975 pair, 336FF
    ·Home Game #2-115 O- $925 pair.
    $300 pair available.

You have to be nuts! These prices were not offered by the Bell Center to me.

13. Black Horse says:

It is a no brainer – White in over Moen. Bad Move by MT here!

But Montreal in 5 …

” and the fun begins” – Carey Price

14. Fansincebirth says:

Well, I’ve come to the realization that there is absolutely no point in watching this series. It is a foregone conclusion that we have absolutely no chance of beating the Big Bad Bruins according to all the talking heads. I honestly thought that the season series would count for something. Nope. Beating TB four straight maybe. Nope. A revamped lineup with speed, size and a bit of toughness. Nope. Even our world class goalie doesn’t give us a bit of a chance. Doomed, useless, not even worth tuning in.

I’m just happy that I will be in Cuba starting Saturday and won’t have to endure the obvious 4 game sweep that all of you will have to suffer through. My condolences.

But then again….. :D
    Habs fan until I die!

Go Habs Go!!!

15. monmick says:

Nilan vs Tinordi

You can really see the ressemblance with Jared in fighting style…

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

• Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Three words: “Referee Chris Lee”.

Actually, from where Lee was positioned, he made the right call. The puck was lying next to the goaltenders skate and when the goalie moved backwards it propelled the puck into the net. My problem is WHY the goalie moved backwards, which was because he was pushed backwards by the attacking player. As per the rules, that should then be called ‘no goal’.

However we have to assume that Lee didn’t see the push (did he ask the other official?). I would have thought that review would have spotted the push and overturned Lee’s call, but since they didn’t, the call on the ice stands as a goal.

X X X X 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

16. Maritime Ronn says:

@ Jim Habfan10912

I know your passion for Bournival over Moen, and several others share that and agree with you.

In looking for a reason of why Coach MT may make that change, it could be about the PK Unit.

During the season the Habs were ranked 4th in the NHL at 85.1%.
    The 1st Unit was Plex-Moen, followed by White-Prust-Gionta-Eller.

While the playoff sample is very small, the Habs PK fell to 71.4% which is ranked 15th of the 16 playoff teams.
    The 1st Unit was Plex-Gionta, followed by Prust-Eller-Max.

Last night during the Bergevin interview, he clearly stated that he could live with a PP that is not firing on all cylinders, yet the PK is THE more important specialty team unit.

Looking at the Bruins PP, they finished 3rd during the regular season, and were incredible against Detroit scoring 6 goals on 16 chances.

Here’s not saying that is THE reason, yet it may be that GMMB/Coach MT feel that Moen’s PK presence gives the Habs a better chance where any goal will likely be key.

• 24 Cups says:

I also noticed MB making that point last night. It strikes me that Bergevin and Therrien are truly on the same page when it comes to how the team will be utilized. I’m sure there is a total consensus on playing vets over kids. Having said that, it will be very comforting knowing that in September’s training camp the Habs will have Bournival, Galchenyuk, Tinordi and Beaulieu (and their cheap entry level contracts) on the team.

I find it strange that MacLean can be such a good announcer when he’s doing interviews and covering the Olympics. Then he reverts back to his default settings once he starts talking to dickheads like Cherry and Stock.

24.4 Cups

• Maritime Ronn says:

Win or lose, this series is going to seperate the true Habs Competitors from the Pretenders.
        GMMB and staff are going to have all their answers about character and sacrifice.
        There won’t be any place to hide.
        Agree 100% about Bournival, Galchenyuk, Tinordi and Beaulieu.
        As for MacLean, oh well….

• JF says:

That could very well be the reason, and, if so, I’m OK with it. Moen is a great penalty killer, and the penalty kill will be absolutely key.

• Maritime Ronn says:

good morning JF

Carey still has to be THE best PK player for the Habs to move on.

Again, a very small sample of only 4 games, yet he has given up 2 goals on 6 PP shots for an SP of only .667.
        He has also given up a goal against on a Habs PP.

• JF says:

Price certainly has to be better. He’s got to find a way to make the save when the puck does something flukey that calls for a split-second adjustment. Not all the time, but at least some of the time. In the last game against Tampa, he should have been able to cover the puck after Emelin misplayed it to the front of the net. I think he would have gotten it if he’d flung himself face-down at it. And the goal that went off him from behind the net should not have happened.

• Maritime Ronn says:

A question of concentration.
            That has always been his battle.
            Here’s hoping Coach Waite helps him along with that.

• Habfan10912 says:

Thanks Ron. Perfectly willing to admit my bias. Your post makes sense as far as Moen goes but I still think Bournival will/should play. CHeers.

• Le Jadester says:

Good Point Mr. Ron
      I didn’t think about that perspective.
      I can appreciate that.

But, I just think Bournival is way too good all around to sit.

In fact, I gotta feeling he’s gonna wear a letter for us some day in the future ?

Habs, OLE !

• Maritime Ronn says:

I really, really like Bournival and was just trying to figure out or understand the logic.
        And yes, he’ll have a letter on his sweater one day.

• Ozmodiar says:

Moen’s simply better in his own zone, whether on the PK or even strength.

If Moen’s 100%, I think the decision is an easy one for MT and MB.

World class golf courses, Hamilton and St George’s, will not open on time this year.

BTW, 24 Cups is going back to a slightly closed club face in order to keep his ball flight straight. It means a slight loss of distance but it’s well worth the cost.

24.4 Cups

• Paz says:

The key for me is to draw the club back to the inside slightly.

I take it low and straight back for about 2 inches, then I draw it back inside that line.

This can really help straighten out the slice!

• 24 Cups says:

Disclaimer: I’m 65, short, with a pot belly and uncoordinated.

Despite these faults I’ve been able to develop a decent swing. My keys are: closed stance, slightly closed clubface, take the club inside, exaggerate the shoulder turn and don’t take the club back too far. Of course the real difference maker is tempo, the key to golf. A nice, slow takeaway only half way back (coil) means there are less things that can go wrong on the way down (uncoil).

24.4 Cups

• Paz says:

Not bad!

Here’s a little tip that really helped me in all sports, including golf.

You know the expression ” keep your eye on the ball”? Well that’s just not good enough, not precise enough.

Check out a video of Nicklaus. He leans his head slightly down to the left just before he starts his backswing. Why?

Because he focuses his LEFT eye on the BACK of the ball. That’s how precise he wants to be, and how we all should play.

Sure the swing in golf is huge! But you could have Tiger’s swing and still hit the ball like crap if you don’t have the right approach with your head and ESPECIALLY your eyes.

Like Ted Williams, Nicklaus and all the greats had great focus with their eyes.

• Phil C says:

My golf swing is to set up slightly closed by accident with too strong a grip. Then bring the club back too far to the inside while the left arm breaks down due to trying to go back too far while slightly losing control of the club. Then start the club back down coming at the ball way too far to the inside. Your hands then recognize that it will be impossible to contact the ball without flipping them violently through impact. The result is either a huge divot about 3 inches behind the ball, or a wildly high and violent hook that even when it lands in play will shoot forward aggressively towards the boundaries. Fun game.

• PrimeTime says:

Habs are a different team too. But I guess there is no point in watching. Pundits are always right and Habs will get blown out, right? Too bad MB needs to rebuild the team after all these years as GM because Bruins are sooooo much better!! What’s the point of being a fan if you can’t be favoured every game/series. Sigh :(

• 24 Cups says:

Totally agree about the Habs being different. A confident, focused Carey Price, four decent lines instead of three and a deep bench all bode well for Montreal.

24.4 Cups

18. BJ says:

Anyone else feel like a whole summer has gone by and we’re waiting for the pre-season to start? It feels like its been that long since the Habs last game.

19. Habfan10912 says:

re; Bournival or Moen

No way, no how that Moen plays in place of Bournival. Therrien is not that dumb, is he? Timo, don’t answer. :)

Bournival’s speed and two-way play, while providing energy on every shift is everything Moen is not. My guess is Moen, after being out for so long, needed to work with this 4th line unit in case someone else is injured and he needs to go in.

If Bournival sits in place of Moen it will be a huge mistake on MT’s part. Bournival plays!

20. Maritime Ronn says:

You have to give a large degree of credit to Minnesota for mental toughness and overcoming some bad luck/extremely difficult circumstances with their (2) starting goaltenders.

Their Top 2 goaltenders have been out since January.
    Niklas Backstrom had abdominal surgery, and the very courageous Josh Harding hasn’t played since January also when his MS medication had serious effects on him (as reported)

Up to that time, Harding was 1 of the NHL best posting numbers of .933 SP and 1.65 GAA in 29 games played.

That left the Wild with 3rd string goalie Darcy Kuemper to take over the job.
    He spent most of last year in the AHL-ECHL and appeared in only 6 NHL games – and actually started only 3.

When the trade deadline came along, the Wild acquired Bryzgalov and rode him to the playoffs.
    Bryz started the first 2 games and lost giving up 7 goals in 1 game + 30 minutes.

Enter Kuemper in Game 2 after Bryz gave up 3 goals.
    Kuemper played 124 minutes before giving up a goal.
    In the next 4 starts, the 23 year old goes 3-1, winning 1 and losing 1 game in OT.

His numbers have been terrific against a tough, offensively talented Colorado team.
    SP: .934. GAA: 1.53
    Not bad for a 6th round/161st overall draft pick.

Hard to believe I can go away for a week, miss 1 hockey game and still have to wait 4 days for the next game. Pretty good playoffs so far, enjoy watching those western teams playing each other so tough. Really happy to see Chicago fight back to win that opening series.

Have a good day everybody.

22. habs001 says:

Not sold that the Habs starting 6 D is good enough to win 3 rounds of Physical hockey that includes 6/7 games and o/t…Hopefully i am wrong but i am pretty sure if this was the starting six for any team the Habs were facing they would be ripped by most posters…

23. Habfan10912 says:

Good morning all! The Sharks must be gripping their sticks a bit tight now, eh?

• Maritime Ronn says:

Hi Jim,

Just for San Jose’s franchise and mental state, you almost hope they win.

I guess Gary doesn’t mind one way or the other.
      LA is the #2 television market in the US while SJ/Oakland/SF is the #6 market.
      My guess is anything California works for Gary… as does #1 TV market New York – # 3 Chicago – #7 Boston.

Something tells me Ryan Miller is rooting hard for…LA.
      He wants to go to the west coast badly where his actress wife Noureen DeWulf works.
      SJ is only about 350 miles to LA

• DipsyDoodler says:

1. I agree on San Jose. I wish them luck.

2. Gary gets his lucre no matter who wins.

3. I just googled Noreen DeWulf. Oh my.

—–
        Moving. Forward.

24. BJ says:

Just finished watching the L.A.-Sharks game. What a war. I’m glad we didn’t have to play anyone of these teams in the first round. Hopefully whoever advances keeps the war going so when we get to the finals they look like beaten up troops. I feel confident we can get there with the team we have.

• Habfan10912 says:

Morning Bruce. I agree. It’s funny but I wonder if other teams watched the Habs/Lightening series and were grateful they didn’t have to deal with our speed?

I know I’m biased big time but I just love to watch our club move the puck up the ice. It’s a thing of beauty.

CHeers.

• BJ says:

Morning Jim. Your observation is right on re. our moving the puck up the ice. Vanek’s addition gave us more balanced possibilities and has strengthened the other 3 lines. Also our extra size should make a difference vs Bruins. I don’t know if MT will start Murray or Tinordi ut if the Bouillon-Weaver combo can’t handle the size factor, we at least have options we didn’t last year. The puzzle seems to be coming together piece by piece, it looks a lot better under this regime than past seasons….

25. monmick says:

Friday night, Sunday afternoon confirmed. Then Tuesday and Thursday in Montreal…

26. Cal says:

Looks like the Pens will be going up against the Rangers if those Rangers can fight off Philly.
    I may be seeing through red-white-and blue glasses, but I like the Habs’ chances to get through. It would be good if the NHL could finally schedule the next bloody game, though.
    McLellan is in full panic mode, having switched keepers and gaining another loss for his troubles. If LA beats the Sharks, he is gone. Guess they shouldn’t have extended Thornton and Marleau. Oh well, live and learn, I guess. Or not.
    Glad Minny has pushed the Avs to the limit, but I don’t think Kuemper has it in him to beat Varlamov again.

• Habfan10912 says:

Morning Cal. I’ve seen a different Pen team the last couple games then the one we saw for the later part of the season. Of course we have Price and they have Fleury which makes our chances better.

• Cal says:

I see a big weakness in nets with the Pens. Fleury got out of that 3rd period by the skin of his teeth. However, they are better with both Martin and Letang in there. I think Fleury’s nervousness will cost them again, especially against the Rangers.

27. Un Canadien errant says:

The Kings showed poor strategery there, potting those two extra non-Chris Lee-aided goals, giving the San Jose coaches a reality check. They’ll put Antti Niemi back in nets for Game 7, after seeing Alex Stalock flounder about in this game. If the Kings had kept it close, they might have had a shot at him again in the series finale, and an easier goalie to beat.

———————————————————————–
    My sources are unreliable, but their info is fascinating.–Woody Paige

Did Dean Brown confirm that there will be a winner in the series after next game?

• johnnylarue says:

I believe the CBC has him under strict orders not to waste all his best predictions on one broadcast. You’ll just have to tune in again for the next game, Game 7, to find out whether or not it’s the last one.

So what exactly is going to determine when Habs play the bruins? THis is stupid that they still don;t have a date.

30. naweed235 says:

Well atleast I’ll know better than to complain about reffing during Habs games… They are just god awful all around the league. I can’t believe that the Kings’ second goal counted. Williams pushed the goalie with his stick resulting in the puck crossing the line… I don’t understand how that could possibly count even after review.

31. Marc10 says:

SJ coach’s haircut. What do they call that? It’s like some kind of hair helmet…

32. Laramy87 says:

Man i think Mark Lee is one of the best commentators in the game. He calls a great game

33. Marc10 says:

Sharks looking pretty ordinary. I remember how stifling they were when they came to town. Not so much now.

Can’t say I favour them for #7. Jonathan Quick vs ???

• Laramy87 says:

Naw i was saying earlier today if kings win i think they win the series….
      Sharks trying to get the momentum back with this BS but its all on Kings side

• johnnylarue says:

Pressure is ENTIRELY on the Sharks in #7. Add the crippling psychological weight of their previous playoff chokes… Not lookin’ good.

34. loochballs says:

#2 doesn’t go in if it’s niemi because he would have gotten the “he’s a veteran so we will call it frozen even if we can’t see it” from the refs. Then #3 doesn’t happen because niemi would have controlled that rebound. San joser coaching staff has only itself to blame.

35. johnnylarue says:

Old Time Hockey. :D

Kind of a Quick temper, that goalie…

36. johnnylarue says:

Sharks got jobbed on the 2-1 goal, but basically showed that they are the Anti-Habs when it comes to responding to adversity. Talk about a massive collapse.

They’ve only got themselves to blame for the mess they’re in now. Unreal.

37. Say Ash says:

Couture not showing enough respect in that fight.

38. C-Sword says:

GO KINGS!!!

Sharks are imploding.

40. Marc10 says:

Gigantic choke activated.

That, on the other hand, was beauty by Kopitar.

Ok. This is a BS call (and I do want LA to win). Williams shoves the goalie in the net which results in puck being pushed in the net. The primary contact was the goalie, not the puck. This is BS. Tim Peel made the call and TO confirmed. BS.

43. Say Ash says:

Horrible goal. Chris Lee in fine form tonight.

44. Marc10 says:

GOT emblems for playoffs…

Habs is the worst, but some are pretty good. I like the Detroit banner.

• The Jackal says:

Yeah they are great. I love how some of the actual banners work off the bat, like the Kraken (Greyjoy), bear (Mormont), etc. Even the Avs looks like the Arryn banner.

______________________
      Hockey sine stercore tauri.

45. Willy the bum says:

Thursday, Friday, Saturday… Just bring on the frickin’ Bruins! GGGAAAHHH!!!!

46. Storman says:

What a ridiculous snow shower call..FFFFF me NHL officials are destroying the profession, then they decide to even up there mistake,,so predictable..

47. Prop says:

The resemblance is uncanny!
    Pretty ballsy of the guy who took this pic too..,

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

48. DipsyDoodler says:

PJ Stock and Glenn Healy have nothing to say. Absolutely nothing.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

49. AceMagnum says:

Kings vs Habs 2014 Final…it is destiny

50. DipsyDoodler says:

Really Boston Pizza?

You invented hand pressed dough?

I don’t think so.