Habs tickets go on sale Sunday at noon

Habbiesweb

The Canadiens announced on Friday afternoon that tickets for the first two games of the regular season at the Bell Centre (with game dates still to be officially confirmed) will go on sale this Sunday at noon.

Tickets for all other games will go on sale the following Sunday at noon.

It has been widely reported that the Canadiens will open the season on Saturday, Jan. 19 at home against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

For more details, click here.

1. vince8_31 says:

PK SUBBAN Contract: 4 years 22 mil.

you heard it here first.

2. Bripro says:

From Stubbs….

I’ve just had 2 phone chats w/ @PKSubban1. Nothing is signed. Negos b/w his agent, Don Meehan, & #Habs GM Marc Bergevin are ongoing..
    I’m told by @PKSubban1 that agent will keep him in the loop next 24-48 hrs; when Meehan has something concrete, P.K. will be informed..

#Habs @PKSubban1 says he won’t be at #Habs medicals tomorrow; he was in his condo getting acupuncture, “getting ready,” when we spoke

3. commandant says:

4 years at that money makes no sense for the Habs signing Subban, since he is UFA in 4 years.

It needs to be 2 years at less money.
    or 6 years and buy some of the UFA years at the end of the deal.

Can’t pay 5.5 and get 0 UFA years for it.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• TomNickle says:

Exactly my thought process below Ben.

That reported contract makes no sense for either side. And certainly much less for the Habs.

If PK’s going to get near elite money, he needs to commit serious term to the organization.

4. Kooch7800 says:

Dave Stubbs – I’ve gone to the best source on the #Habs Subban stuff. Something coming here in a few minutes

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

5. HabFab says:

Now to the really important stuff…
    When did John Lui start wearing “bow-ties”??

STUBBS!!!!!!!!!!!

6. habstrinifan says:

The picture with the caption “Kaberle lighter on his skates”… Is that picture current? If so, and undestanding that it could be a totally inaccurate impression, he doesnt seem to be. But I could be wrong.

7. mdp2011 says:

From Rod Francis on twitter:

“@InRodWeTrust990: Can’t report as fact, but hearing from 1 credible source, would not be surprised if #Habs announce new deal for PK Subban 4 yrs, 22 mil”

• TomNickle says:

Not saying it isn’t true but that would make no sense to me at all. If we’re going to take him to free agency and do anything more than 2 years, why not go 5 or 6 years?

4 years may be a compromise but it’s bad for both sides in my opinion.

• helluva habs fan says:

It could make sense if you’re MB and thinking, “I have no idea what the salary cap is going to be in 5 years.” It’s strange to think now, maybe even unlikely, but average player salaries may start to decrease. In that line of thinking, would you want to lock him up for big $ now or wait and see how salaries trend over the next 4 years?

• Gerry H says:

That’d be a lot of dough.

• helluva habs fan says:

Eeeeeeeewwwwww, that’s steep. Not saying he wouldn’t be worth it, but wow. Tough negotiation.

• Kooch7800 says:

If that happens MB is not the right fit for the habs GM job and we are in a world of hurt

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Cardiac says:

Explain…

There are easily half a dozen teams who would gladly take PK off our hands for that amount of money.

– Jerry Maguire

• Kooch7800 says:

pretty simple, 5.5 mill per year in his RFA years and for a D man who gets 40 points and having him set up for his UFA years…..that is insane.

I could see that money at a 2 year deal then and ext but not for 4 years. Like Commandant points out the deal would not be in the habs best interest cause he could walk right after.

Not only that PK has SUCKED the first half of both his pro seasons.

Is he that much better than Carlson that he should get 1.5 mill more per season? their numbers are pretty comparable.

If MB keeps signing rookies to deals like that the habs will be in major cap trouble

• Timo says:

I don’t think Bergevin has much of a choice. Not like Habs have a lineup of decent dman who can play 30 mins per game waiting to take PK’s spot.

Markov will be lucky to last 10 games and once he goes down what will the Habs be left with?

• Timo says:

Btw… not that I disagree with your re MB’s fitness to be a Habs’ GM

• Cal says:

That would be senseless.

8. Habfan10912 says:

Most improved team? Minnesota?

———————————–

• helluva habs fan says:

They’re at least in that discussion, for sure.

• Easily.

For the first time in years there were empty seats at Xcel. Now with some high end talent thier tickets will be hot. My son and I go once per year. It’s cheaper to go to a game in St Paul than it is to go to A Jets game. But I have to drive 9 hours to get there :lol:

They Call Me Shane
      “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
      Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures

• TomNickle says:

I think the Rangers might be the most improved just by adding Rick Nash.

Giving Richards a scoring compliment for the periods of time where Gaborik goes into hiding could be huge for them in the regular season and in the playoffs.

I expect the Wild to compete for a playoff spot, but Nash makes the Rangers a Cup threat if not the favourite.

They’ll also have Kreider and Hagelin in their lineups full-time.

• Very true, however after thinking about it all afternoon. Rick Nash is now on his way down, Brad Richards too and Gabby can’t be trusted from game to game. I hope they lose every single game :lol: I like Lundqvist, and Mcdonuts, the rest can kiss my ask me later.

They Call Me Shane
          “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
          Shane Oliver
          Twitter @Sholi2000
          Custom Sports Figures

• B says:

Nash’s numbers have slid every season since he signed that huge contract extension in 2009. Last season he finished 59th in the scoring race, behind Desharnais. Cole and Pacioretty scored more goals than Nash last season. He did alright, but didn’t exactly dominate at the 2010 Olympics playing with Canada’s best (10th on that team in points). Nash has good size and all the tools, but his numbers have not reflected that recently. I am not so sure it is a given that he will be able to just turn it on again and dominate for the Rangers. Admittedly, part of me wants to see his slide continue (other than the Olympic’s of course).

–Go Habs Go!–

• BJ says:

Agreed I think the Rangers will be the team to beat.

9. TheDagger says:

A little rusty here, just getting back into everything that is going on. Has there been any mention of Mike Commodore? I saw that he will be invited to camp but aside from that no mention. Does he have any shot at starting with the big club? He is a large human and not too old. Could be a good compliment to a softie like Kaberle.. assuming he is more fleet of foot than a goat on ice.

10. Bripro says:

Kovalchuk is flying out of Russia on tuesday to rejoin the Devils.
    Was there ever any doubt?

11. Ozmodiar says:

Anyone else notice that when Bob McKenzie previews a team he simply recites the entire roster with a few words thrown in here and there?

12. mcLovin says:

I fully realize I’m not the first person to have this idea, and I also fully realize it will sadly never happen, but it would be fantastic if fans would refuse to go to opening night to send a sign to the league that we aren’t OK with what happened. I personally have no plans to give the NHL any of my money. I’ll stream the games because I love the Habs, but I’m not going to any games or buying merchandise, or buying any cable packages. Imagine if the whole league was half empty for opening night. That would become national news in the US. I’ve read that when compared with other major leagues, the NHL is especially dependent on ticket revenue, so it would be even better. Anyone with me?

• Ozmodiar says:

>That would become national news in the US.

/skeptical

• Rossy says:

Got my vote.

I was disappointed they settled, because I hoped real change might happen. Playing to empty rinks would send a message though.

• helluva habs fan says:

I love the idea in principle. Let them feel the damage they’ve created.

What I do not love (and actually the stupidity of it kind of cracks me up) is the idea of people who have already paid for a ticket boycotting the first home game. Who exactly is the victim in this brilliant act of defiance?

• Rudy says:

If you mean the “Just Drop It’ facebook page campaign, the idea is the people who don’t have season tickets don’t buy any for the first 10 (and no merchandise), Those who ave already paid for the season tickets, don’t go until the 2nd period. Probably won’t get noticed at all, but 23,000 signed up to do something.

• helluva habs fan says:

I think the best thing that people could do is take the money you were going to use on beer, concessions and merch at the Bell Centre, go to a downtown bar or restaurant instead and break the bank. Support those who really suffered through the song and dance of the last 6 months.

I think it’s great that people want to take a stand. It’s really the only way the fan can express their frustration and be taken seriously. I just caution people who’ve already bought the tickets – don’t be a martyr. Unless you can get yourself on the National torching you red zone tickets with a trusty bic, you’re just extending your own suffering.

• mcLovin says:

Couldn’t agree more. So many good (see: not greedy millionaires/billionaires) people suffered because of the lockout. I live in San Francisco, so no one really cares about hockey here so the bars have been fine, but I feel terrible for anyone who owns/works at a bar in Montreal and other hockey towns.

13. Old Bald Bird says:

I am thinking and hoping that the new regime has a long-term plan. I want to see this in how players are used (eg. Eller vs Gomez) as well as in personnel decisions. While, on one hand, I would like the Habs to win every game that I watch, on the other hand, I will be content with seeing consistently spirited play.

14. Bill H says:

I’m looking forward to the season. Bourque and Kaberle should both be improved this year, and I am confident Markov will give a lift to our defense. I’m not so confident about Gomez, but time will tell. I doubt he will get much ice time if he plays as poorly as he has shown us the last couple of years. I just hope Therrien gives Eller lots of opportunity at centre as I think he has a lot of up side.

• Habilis says:

I’m also fairly excited for the season, but more so because anything can happen in 48 games. If the Habs catch lighthing in a bottle and go on a great run for a few weeks, that’s a playoff spot right there.

• Blondie says:

Practically took the words out of my mouth, although I’m not so sure about Kaberle either. Despite the points he puts up he is downright frightening in the defensive zone. I’d really rather not see him on the ice at all.

• Habfan10912 says:

Agree with you Blondie but if Markov is close to the old Markov then that will go a long way in improving the teams record. Bourque? He better be better. :) Couldn’t be any worse then what we saw last year.

———————————–

• Blondie says:

I think we’ll see a better Bourque this year. He’s had a lot of time to fully recover from his previous injuries and things are a lot less chaotic in general. I think putting him back at RW would go a long way to getting him back in form too.

Edit: Shocking to think that a shortened season and a hurry-up training camp is less chaotic than last year’s situation, but there it is.

• krob1000 says:

He needs a defensive partner…there weren’t really any of those available last year… he is the puck mover he other guy is supposed to be the stay at home guy…when his partner is someone like Diaz who is basically a not yet developed KAberle that becomes an issue. With Emelin, Bouillon and Gorges…it gvies the team 3 defensive dmen to offset the puck movers…I am stil concerned about the D but it will be better than last year as Bouillo play like a big guy…nobody muscles him off pucks ( he was the only one who could ever stop COle from cutting to the net when he used to beat the HAbs at will). With a stronger forward group (meaning a healthy one) and MArkov…KAberle should see lesser competition, should have better forwards to pass to and should have the support he needs from his partner..or at least a heck of a lot more than last year anyway.

• Blondie says:

Overall I expect the D to be better this year, but Kaberle is still Kaberle. The other puck movers don’t fail in quite so spectacular and astonishing a fashion as Kabs.

I’m happy to have Cube back and I’m generally optimistic on the upcoming mini-season.

15. Cardiac says:

I know it says “to be confirmed” but does anyone know when the full schedule will be out?

– Jerry Maguire

• Kooch7800 says:

As soon as the player rectify. I would guess Sunday morning

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Habilis says:

Rectify, nice ;)

FYI, that happens tomorrow morning, not sunday. The player vote is over at 8am and the PA will make an announcement. I would guess the schedule will be out by noon.

• Habfan10912 says:

You are correct. In between my sobbing during Bettmans apology (insert sarcasm Icon) I heard him say the minute the players ratify the CBA the schedule will be released.

———————————–

• Kooch7800 says:

I wondered if anyone would catch that I slipped that in there for tone LOL

I wasn’t sure when the totals would be available that is why I said Sunday. Won’t matter for me. My PVR only lets me set record 6 days in advance LOL

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Ron says:

According to Aaron Ward this morning, the teams were given the schedule this morning. It won’t be made public untill after the CBA is ratified as 10912, 7800 and Habilis have said. All teams have to review the proposed schedule to make sure there are no conflicting dates that would cause rink problems etc.

16. Newf_Habster says:

Is Andrei Makarov back in Montreal yet?

17. RobertAlanFord says:

Wow nobody can just be happy that hockey is back, eh?

@RAFord77

18. Bripro says:

Ticket prices on average are 5:1 Toronto to Dallas.
    And, wouldn’t the NHL love to have this type of TV-generated revenue.

• 24 Cups says:

Much is made about bad markets but the only truly bad market in the NHL is Phoenix. The Islanders flounder but mainly do to bad management and a crappy arena (not sure they have improved on that point).

Dallas, Colorado, Anaheim and Columbus have all shown good support in the past and will again once the teams rebound. Florida, Tampa, Carolina and Nashville discount tickets a fair bit but can still make a go of it with some revenue sharing assistance.

The only realistic markets left are Quebec City and the Toronto GTA. Quebec City, much like most Canadian NHL teams, only makes it if the dollar stays decent. In the States, the best bet might be Seattle but who’s to say if they would be any better than the bottom 1/3 that are listed. Same goes with Kansas City.

Truth be told, change up two weak franchises and that’s about all she wrote. Contraction? Not going to happen any time soon.

• I’ll be watching the Blue Jackets closely. Look at their roster than there is absolutely no one on that list anyone to see today.

They Call Me Shane
        “They never asked to be Canadiens, they were Chosen.”
        Shane Oliver
        Twitter @Sholi2000
        Custom Sports Figures

• Bripro says:

Steve I agree with you, with reservation.
        I have a hard time believing that a city that can support a team only charges $29 (average ticket price).
        I would suggest that Dallas’ fan attendance has a great deal to do with ticket prices.
        And it seems I read a report where Seattle has a large fan base, and would create quite the rivalry with Vancouver.
        That could have been here, however.

• TomNickle says:

Seattle and Kansas City are good markets. Even though Kansas City’s small.

Seattle should probably be first in the running for relocation or expansion in my opinion.

19. Kooch7800 says:

I won’t be buying any tickets this year for NHL hockey. TV for me.

I will do my best to talk you into a trip to Buffalo then buddy, can’t let you off the hook that easy!

• 123456 says:

My son is dying (figuratively speaking) to go to a Sabres game. I took him to his only NHL game last year on Montreal. Can’t wait to see the schedule to see if I can swing a game in Bufalo.

• Kooch7800 says:

Games in Montreal are a lot different than buffalo I am afraid.

The HSBC arena in Buffalo is quite nice though but in terms of atmosphere and city Montreal has it hands down.

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Ozmodiar says:

I highly recommend it.

A great atmosphere when the Habs or Leafs are in town. I prefer it to the ACC or that place in Ottawa. Of course, it’s a step down from the Bell Centre, but what isn’t? It’s affordable, and a good chance to see the action up close without breaking the bank.

• Habfan10912 says:

Not the Bell Center for sure but a nice arena just the same. I’d compare the energy there to Scotia Place. Nice but not Montreal. Enjoy!

———————————–

• Kooch7800 says:

Never say never I guess! Let’s see what they look like on the ice this year. If they play like last year….that money best be served in cold beer instead LOL

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

20. TomNickle says:

Only teams in the East I can see doing worse than the Habs…….

Islanders, Leafs(without Luongo), Jets, Lightning, Senators.

• Cal says:

Add the Gooins and the Rangers…. KIDDING!

• Bripro says:

I would add the Sabres and (possibly) the Sens.

Be curious to see Devils with no Parise, if no Kovalchuk then definitely in the bottom feeding. And don’t the Devils have to give back their 1st round pick this upcoming season still as penalty for the Kovalchuk contract?

• Habfan10912 says:

I was thinking the Devils as well. Brodeur is another year older and perhaps the compressed schedule might impact him? Not sure how come people are selling the Sens short. I liked what I saw from them last season a lot.

———————————–

• Gerry H says:

Agree with HiB re the Devils and add that goaltending is a legitimate question mark, at least relatively speaking. Not willing to give Buffalo a bye yet, either.

I don’t think your list is unreasonable, Tom, but I think this will be a hard year to predict. So many wildcards in play. The variation in conditioning will be broader than usual, I think, with some players having played half a season in full competition and others having been in relatively less structured training. The shortened training camp will affect some teams more than others. The shortened season will benefit some teams and be cruel to others. How all of those factors break out by team would seem impossible to predict.

One thing I’m looking for is a relatively high-scoring start to the season. Very few goalies have been playing competitively. Timing is hard to sharpen outside game situations.

21. kempie says:

I guess I’d better think about changing this avatar soon.

Even though the album cover is different, when I see your current Avatar I always think Scorpions Blackout for some reason.

I realize no zombie with forks in eye.

• Blondie says:

It was brilliant for the lockout but, yeah, you should probably freshen it up a bit. Or you could go back to your pre-lockout avatar. I can’t hardly remember what it was it’s been so long. :)

Really? First again…..

So we go from Gomez and his contract, to ticket sales and how the Habs pay for that contract. Oh this will get even more pleasant! :)

• Mattyleg says:

Heya Burly!
      On a different note, what’s the deal with this talk of moving the Bulldogs to Laval?
      Have you heard anything about this?
      I kinda got wind of it, but nothing specific.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Kooch7800 says:

Staying in the Hammer until at least 2018. Just re-upped with HECFI a few months ago

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Bripro says:

They just signed a new 4-year extension.

EDIT: Kooch beat me to it.

I imagine in the long term there must be something to this. But I mentioned before, Andlauer is part owner of Habs and owns the Dogs. He now lives in the Hamilton/BUrlington area, If indeed Molson wants the AHL team in Laval, the two of them will need to agree on it.

I am not convinced the Dogs would get better attendance in the longrun in Laval over what they get in Hamilton.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Molson has a business plan for the Laval arena which makes money without the AHL team.

• Bripro says:

You have to remember that the Laval area, comprised of many thriving municipalities, is a central hub, demographically.
          For the longest time, Montreal city dwellers would head south to our neck of the woods to grow a family.
          For the last 10-15 years, it’s been the Laval area.
          I would say that the city of Laval alone is probably as populated as Hamilton, or pretty close, and with the new subway systems, the new highways, and young families, the area is ideal for what Geoff Molson is looking to do.
          If the Bulldogs leave Hamilton, Laval is a logical destination.

• Cal says:

It’s going to be Laval’s concert hot spot.

• Blondie says:

Proximity to the parent club could factor into it too. Having the kids close by has to be good for their development and makes it easier and quicker, most of the time, to call people up and send them down.

• RobertAlanFord says:

There’s nothing they can really do with Gomez’s contract right now unless he’s sent to the minors or someone claims him on the way down there.

@RAFord77