Habs take it easy

AUDIO: Roman Hamrlik | Travis Moen | Tomas Plekanec

The Canadiens had a team meeting this morning in Brossard and then had what Tomas Plekanec described as a welcome day away from the ice. Plekanec noted that several players are battling colds and needed both a mental and physical break.

Two players did take advantage of the ice. Jeff Halpern skated for about 15 minutes while Travis Moen went on the ice to break in a new pair of skates.

And RDS reports Mike Cammalleri has strep throat – and denies idiotic rumour he’d asked to be traded.

1. andrewberkshire says:

So if Price didn’t make a pose, the Penguins wouldn’t have been motivated to win last night? Sounds like they’re a very heartless team then.

2. mjames says:

If you watched the games you would see that the vast majority of AK’s passes are tape to tape. he creates far more chances than the majority of players on this team. Sometimes I think the opinions of many on HIO are influenced by a select few in the press who have a hate on for AK. I would take AK in a heart as would 29 other GM’s who know that this guy will turn out better than his brother and be a solid 20+ goal with a positive +/-.

It is discouraging to see skill player after skill player leave this team over the years.  Sometimes I think you would all like a team full of Mones and Pyatts – all energy and no skill. Martin is building a team whose only expertise is PK.  That is a luxury no team can afford. We need a balance in both system and player. That is something we do not have. Comparing Boyd to or Moen to AK46 is pure stupidity.

3. shiram says:

Yup Gomez turned it on, but those games at the start of the season are important too, and people defending him saying he is slow start, I find hard to swallow that, why couldnt he play well all season long? But anyways…

4. F Bomb says:

Here is why I think the Habs do need him:

a) he is a big body on the first line

b) There is no one to replace him

c) Through all of his coasting he is still a + player

That being said, I think he will be traded, as well as a prospect and a pick for Dustin Penner.

5. Mattyleg says:

For those willing to give up on AK, take a look at his Belarusian brother, Grabovski.

I’m sure I’m going to get a lot of flack for talking about a Leaf, but I have to say that the Laffs’ patience has paid off, and he’s finally coming through for them as a scorer. They did, however, need to sit through long periods of garbage, but history might prove that it was worth it. Then again it might not, and I’ll just have another beer, but I think we need to hang on for AK.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

6. joeybarrie says:

What a bunch of immature idiots. Imagine acting like this after being paid a couple million dollars to play a game…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

7. punkster says:

The above comment is Gomez-positive and must be read with care.

Fortunately it is balanced with an AK-negative inclination and therefore meets the high standards of HI/O.

Carry on.

8. Mattyleg says:

He must have! That penalty is attributed to the coach.

Maybe he said one too many names. Maybe he patted one too many backs. MAYBE…. no, he’d never do that…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

9. Mattyleg says:

“THis is his 2nd offence” HA!! (sound of police siren) “Book ‘im, Danno!”

Please. It was part of an inside joke. Look it up, it’s pretty funny.

It’s not Price’s ‘maturing process’ that is worrying, it’s people on this site’s.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

10. punkster says:

What, did he push the extra player on to the ice whilst that player was sitting on the boards getting ready to jump on at the right time? Did he tell the extra player, “Get yer azz out there. NOW. We nned to go on the PK!”. Did JM just lose his mind there behind the bench?

11. avatar_58 says:

You don’t seriously think NHL’ers deserve the money they make do you? They only get it because of rich teams and free market. One team might only want to spend $500, while another offers 5 mil. That’s how salaries ended up being as ridiculous as Kovalchuk’s.

Give me a break. Some weeks they barely get in a few hours of real work. I find it laughable when you see 3rd adn 4th liners coasting when they’ve barely broken a sweat all week. I can think of quite a few young AHL’ers who’d play for peanuts just to say they won in the NHL

12. shiram says:

Well my hockey knowledge might be lacking so I cannot fish out another goalie posing after a win, doesnt mean it should not be done though.

As for why, the kid was just feeling great after a shootout win, I’m pretty sure he didnt think about what motivation it could give them. Besides I dont think that pose is the reason the Guins won last night’s game either.

And lastly, it’s still pretty early in Price’s professional hockey carreer, so if he learns from that, all the better i say.

13. jrshabs1 says:

Then correct me. Don’t be lazy. If you can string together a sentence here’s your forum.

Go Habs Go!!

14. joeybarrie says:

I did not realize that making a pose was an offense to begin with. What exactly makes this TRUE PROFESSIONAL? Cause players celebrate things like goals all the time. So your thinkin striking a pose is much worse than jumping into the boards???

Its hilarious that people are even talking about it. Its NOTHING. I guess since its a tradition to take a spin when you are named a star of the game that it is not just simply a different type of celebration.

So by that we must eliminate all trash talking, all fancy moves, any celebrating and probably take out the horn after the goal. I mean why in the world would anyone want to pay $150 to go to a game and celebrate in person. Maybe they should all wear suits, hats and sit motionless like they were in Toronto.

And of course no one but the goal scorer can celebrate with any type of movement, maybe they should all get on one knee while the scorer skates slowly to the bench and is very very careful not to offend anyone……..

I mean lets be realistic. Face Washing, Checking, Fighting, Pushing, Smacking the stick, and all the rest of the grit that is hockey all fine, but man oh man, DO NOT MAKE A FUNNY FACE OR MAKE ANY KIND OF IMMATURE GESTURE……

The players are making millions of dollars to play a hockey game, and the concern is striking a pose? Perspective is out of whack…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

15. avatar_58 says:

So is the triple low 5 ok, because it’s essentially the same thing and everyone loved it.

WHO CARES. If he finds it fun, go for it.

16. punkster says:

1.No. If he’s winning, why shouldn’t he srtike a pose? Why shouldn’t rookie PK yap? Why shouldn’t shootouts be dipsy-doodle contest? People seem to forget that it’s just a game, it’s entertainment.

2. Sure. Like I said, it’s a game. Why not? They’re not different than you and I when it comes to playing shinny on the pond.

3. Distasteful, no. I view it as old school versus new. Plus the media will write or talk about whatever will crank up the hits, the viewsers or sells the old paper editions. We’ll look back on this “issue” in a couple of years and wonder what all the fuss was about.

4. No freakin’ clue. Not my expertise. I’m a fan, not a geek 😉 (well, OK, I am a bit of a geek, but only when it comes to music…and books…and wines…and recipes…)

5. Well, the question assumes these 3 are what you say they are so I’ll go with Pyatt.

17. mike g says:

Why can’t you give him away?

Why can’t the Habs trade someone who gave up on them?

It’s 1 persons fault that AK’s value is worth less than a used box of Kleenex; HIS.

Not JM, PG or anyone elses. We’ve heard excuses for years with this guy, yet it 7 years he’s in North America and he still can’t understand a friggin’ word from the coaches.

This year, the popular excuse for his slump was that he was seperated from Cammy and Pleks. Well, guess what? Its almost a month they’re back together and little AK has 0 points in his last 8 games, and 1 goal in his past 19. So take the chemistry excuse and throw it out the window. Anyone whos played hockey knows that when chemistry is established, its there forever. Guys who play well together can be seperated for years, but when they’re put back together things just seem to quickly fall into place; see Gomez-Gionta.

AK beginning of the year was due to him piggy-backing pionts off the back of Pleks. Tomas was on fire, and AK ‘s stats benefitted from that.

He’s given up, plain and simple. It’s his fault, he’s given up and nobody will pay much for that. So, if you trade him, it will be giving him away for nothing, because that’s his value. If he had good value, teams would be calling about him and pay fair price.

But I highly doubt they are calling.

So, I say throw him in some closet in Brossard. The team doesn’t need someone like him on the ice doing nothing, and actually causing more good than bad because of his poor attitude, lazy play and lack of caring.

Addition by subtraction…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

I’m not a big fan of Scott Gomez, but fair is fair.  He certainly has picked it up lately.

From December 15 to January 8, Gomez struck for 13 points in a dozen games playing with Brian Gionta and Max Pacioretty. Seven of those 13 points were scored via the power play. He was held off the scoresheet in only three of those 12 games.

Last year, Gomez registered 32 points over 37 second half games (70 point pace) and in 2008-09, he notched 31 points over the final 41 games (62 point pace). Over his last four seasons, Gomez has averaged 62 points each year. (Scott Miller)

MaxPac is a different man this go round and Gomez can only benefit if the young player can keep it up.  I just love the way that MaxPac, Pouliot and Darche go to the net AND stay there.  AK46 can blossom by doing the exact same thing on a regular basis.  It’s really that simple.  You’re on the clock Andrei – look around you!

19. Jordio-oh says:

Try again.

20. shiram says:

Plekanec copied that move agaisnt the Flyers after he potted one in, and if I recall correctly the Flyer’s panties we’re all in a bunch about it. Fun stuff.

21. jrshabs1 says:

Apparently it is. I have yet to see another NHL goalie pose for a shootout victory. The question is why? Why give the other team additional motivation? Everytime Pitty scored lastnight they were right in #31’s grill giving him the business. Why would he want that? He didn’t want that because he wouldn’t even look at them. You can celebrate but you don’t hotdog, you learn that early in your hockey career.

Go Habs Go!!

Whatever… i see nothing wrong with a little personality and cockiness. The way Habs played last night they would have gotten shalacked pose or not. It is not worse that stupid idiot fist pump on one knee Briere does everytime he scores.

23. edmond says:

What do do with AK46? He does not seem motivated and this is not helping the team yet he is an asset that you cannot simply give away. For now though the team needs all the resources pulling towards wins and he is going in the opposite direction. When Cammalleri comes back AK46 should not dress but until then why not call up Boyd and give him a real chance and send AK46 to the press box. When AK46 proves at least over a number of training sessions that he is interested in working towards a win then give him another chance, one game at a time. Boyd could still stay up and go in the lineup if he plays well replacing another poor performer.

24. REB says:

The solution is really simple.  The person doing the hit is out, sans pay, from any and all hockey leagues, for as long as the injured player is out.  How long was Patrice Bergeron out for…almost a year?  Steve Downie would have been unpacking boxes at Walmart, and it would have served him right.

25. dh says:

Yeah but it’s probably the best that I’ve seen them keeping the puck in the zone this year.  It was fun to watch.

26. christophurrr says:

these guys remind me of beck and palin, spewing garbage, working their followers into a frenzy of ignorance

27. dh says:

I agree with you there.  On RDS, Joel Bouchard interviewed Pearns after that and asked why there were so many odd man rushes.  Pearn said that it was because they were playing too aggressively in the offensive zone.  I remember thinking that it was a shame that he would probably put an end to that.

28. jennifer1984 says:

the band? did you!!! awesome!!!

off the new album, Siberian Breaks makes my  mind break… in a good way. love it

29. shiram says:

Really? Is it such a big deal? Yes i’ll agree it’s not the most mature thing to do, but then he is 23 only. Skaters have celebrations, during the game, each time they score, but goalies must remain stoic at all time, and any emotion is the enemy? I mean even the crappiest of goals will have skaters celebrating…

Bah so much for such a small gesture. Anyways I liked it when he did it, so many we’re claiming his confidence was shot before that game, and to have show some pride was refreshing.

30. shiram says:

I like how the posted : Cammy denies idiotic rumour he asked for a trade. Apparently he wants to win a cup in Montreal.

31. jrshabs1 says:

Nobody can expect to win on the backend of away and home games. That being said I hope #31 has been told by management to stop with his game shootout winning poses. This is his 2nd offence. All it does is make him and the organization look stupid not to mention gives the opposition a little motivation that otherwise woudn’t be there. #31’s maturing process is taking a really long time and I hope that when he finally becomes a true profesional it’s in Montreal and not in the D league rodeo circuit.

Go Habs Go!!

32. mrhabby says:

is $2500 the max a player can be fined for a cheap shot????

33. Habnofear says:

1) What happened when he did the “Bolt-Nike”?

2)Habs are Crosby-less and can’t learn from the best in the world on how to win…

3)Are you implying there’s something to the rise of a young Black hockey star in the predominantly Caucasian sport of hockey?

4)BYFLUGIN (spelling)?

5) Good bye Tommy P

34. HNS says:

I wouldn’t go that far, but Mister Softie sharted the bed on 2 of those goals. Awesome 1st period for him though….

35. joeybarrie says:

Sorry I meant 7.5. Was typing too fast before lunch.

I dont know. He averages 40 goals a season on 82 games. I figure he could get 6-7 million in Washington. So maybe 7.5 in Montreal.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

36. SmartDog says:

I think that’s the way Gomez likes to play (it’s what he says) though I didn’t see anything especially inspiring.  The team has some guys who can do it, but you need to be strong (and sometimes it helps to be big) to win position while flying down the ice.  I think our guys get squeezed too much.  I wish we had a BIG line so that we could throw out our small line and then the big line would be a total change up to play against.  I think that could work.

37. notbigbird says:

During the previous Pens games, this site was down, so I followed #Habs on Twitter. Some Pens fans were nauseating — all sorts of low and personal attacks. As bipolar as Habs fans are, I don’t see us doing as badly.

38. notbigbird says:

Did I miss something? I don’t recall the team using that excuse.

39. RGM says:

1. No, I don’t see how that gave the Pens 6 straight power plays that they used to their fullest advantage. If Carey continues to be so audacious to want to have some fun when he wins, let him.

2. Anybody can do a contest, it’s just a matter of creating one that is somehow worthwhile and benefits the team. I’m pretty sure that if the younger guys put their heads together they could have some fun with it. Heck, even PK’s trying to get Gill and the other old goats to do the low five.

3. There is something amiss about all of it. The Omark stuff had its day in the press but seemingly everything done by PK has an extra level of magnification to it. I don’t know what it is or why, but for a guy that’s just trying to do his job and play his game there is a disproportionate amount of attention paid to his actions.

4. Most likely trade deadline acquisitions would be just about anybody from the Devils or Senators. I don’t envision the Habs swinging too many deals with Ottawa, but there’s some intriguing names on that New Jersey roster.

5. Every team needs a grind line that can kill minutes, kill penalties, and not necessarily have to put up offensive numbers. Pluggers are a good thing to have to build character and do the things that the skills guy do not or will not. Moen is likely the most expendable guy simply because he’s a little longer in the tooth and can be replaced with a younger, less expensive version. That’s not a knock on him at all, but hey if I had to choose one…

40. newbrunswick troy says:

During last nights game (in the second period ) there was about five mins. of open end to end hockey. what i noticed about that short time was how exciting it was to watch!!!

That said, you could tell that this team was meant for a different system (defence first) and i don,t believe that the habs have the true core to play that way…..anyway my point is that i unfortunitly believe that the habs at best might have a playoff making team, and we will be lucky to do just that!!

Do you all agree,  or am i being cynical????

41. Habhopeful says:

agree, i would have loved someone like raffi torres & manny malholtra, great 3/4 liners

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

42. Storm Man says:

LoL ManApart

“I have never failed at anything in my life so far… TripleX 12/23/2010 16:34pm”

43. SmartDog says:

I’m not saying they’re useless… just saying thatI think they are sacrifice choices and maybe at least Moen and Pyatt – two guys with stone hands – is hard to maintain and expect much scoring support from your bottom six.  I know goals aren’t there thing but even plunkers with decent ice time should get 8-10 goals a season.

44. Habhopeful says:

all hail the know it all…Can dallas pay a player in Zeller’s gift cards? cause dallas is hindered by money, he is not stayin in dallas…

45. Habhopeful says:

on your 5th point, defenders are there to defend, gill is worth his value although he has some defencies, like all players…but i agree moen or pyatt are easily replaceable with more energetic, tough players

46. Habhopeful says:

this aint a videogame, regardless of what they are being paid, they are human, they suffer sicknesses and more injuries then you could possibly endure at your job…every team gets gamebreaks, i do agree if effort isnt there something should be done like a bagskate and all, but sickness is going around and theyve played back to back home and away games…being a bitter lil wanka like timo because they get paid the insane amount of money they are being paid is stupid, you wanna make as much money as them? shoulda played and stayed in competitive hockey, or become an entrepeneur with a good product or become a doctor or better yet, hope to god your one of richard hilton’s sac swimmers and be born into money…

47. LA Loyalist says:

Your argument is a wash because the other teams have the same issues of back to back games, flying etc., some teams (Edmonton) have it worse, but over a season it should roughly average out.

And in Gary’s world we get Atlanta playing San Jose on a Tuesday in February and no one gives a crap.

But to not show up or mail it in as many nights as we have is ok? Really? It may not be ok when we miss the playoffs by 1 or 2 points on the last night of the year.

48. Mattyleg says:

Unfortunately, the Too Many Men penalty was JM’s fault too. He could work on his own discipline while he’s at it, I guess.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

49. sholi2000.com says:

Go Habs Go

Submitted by Peterborough Ha… on Thu, 01/13/2011 – 11:48.

Price again blew this one. When are people going to realize he is a backup goalie.

50. rocketsglare says:

There’s nothing wrong with the team given a day to rest. Will help them to heal and refocus for

Saturday’s game against the Rangers. Hopefully, Cammalleri will be able to play this Saturday.

51. SmartDog says:

FIVE (kinda complex) QUESTIONS:

1. Did Price’s ‘statue’ move have anything to do with the loss last night?  Should he keep doing things like that?

2. Regardless of your answer to #1, the Pens obviously enjoyed feeding up some humble pie. They commented on having a ‘contest’ before the game and obviously it got them going.  Are the Habs capable of a contest of their own?  Is it within the team culture?  Does it matter?

3. I’m bothered by more crapping on PK in the media.  In your opinion, is this just hockey trash-talk or is there a distasteful undercurrent here and why?

4. Who is the single best likely AVAILABLE player (a UFA from a non-playoff team, or a pricey player who needs to be moved) PG could pick up before trade deadline?

5. We have three guys on this team who are basically strong on PK and
    liabilities in other ways.  Result: great PK. But it can be aruged
    THREE such one-dimensional guys hurts us 5-on-5 and together Pyatt,
    Moen, Gill are a collective -15 with 4 goals.  Are you cool with this
    and if not who’s most expendable?

52. Mattyleg says:

I don’t agree with your third point, Mike.

They didn’t really know each other in those days, and they certainly weren’t more ‘gentlemanly’ to one another. Look at all the stick-over-head incidents that took place. Look at what happened on a regular basis to Maurice Richard.

Bigger ice surfaces. When I was watching the 1937 clip that was on here, it was great to see the (smaller) players skaing around, with plenty of open ice. People have grown, why hasn’t the surface? It’s like keeping the basketball net at the same height that it used to be.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

53. avatar_58 says:

Why? I agree with him, for the money these guys make for playing a game they can’t uses excuses like being too tired. Look at how much money some players make to simply coast and then not show up to practice. Wish I could do that at my job

54. Habhopeful says:

ouch…poor timo’s never done anything worth of importance or value in his life, so he becomes one of those bitter “he makes alot of money so i hate him” kinda guys…pretty pitiful timo….stick to 69’ing with Azamat bud…

55. shiram says:

Wow he is really getting that reputation now, and all those bozo’s chiming in will only make it worst.

56. scrowe21 says:

I agree, but Id keep Moen over Pyatt. Pyatt really needs to go..

57. Mark C says:

It’s not just the blogger Mike, the Pen’s TV guys claimed that P.K. kicked at one of the Pens in the first period, then stated that kicking is part of P.K.’s MO, going on to mentioned the slew foot from the NYR game. What did P.K. do to these people? The whole NHL seems to hate the guy.

58. scrowe21 says:

Semin is good, but Not worth 8.5. lol

59. SmartDog says:

No argument here.

BTW, checked out MGMT.  Cool stuff.

60. SmartDog says:

Having three guys – Moen, Pyatt, Gill – who basically are PK specialists and good for little else makes our PK good but our team suck.  So it’s not a great trade-off IMO.   At least one has to go: Pyatt or Moen… both have cement hands.

To me, Moen is BGL
    lite.  And that’s pretty bad.  The guy has cement-hands. He always tries
    to do things he’s not capable of and then loses the puck.  Drives me

61. JD_ says:

* Sweet Almighty Jeebus in a wetsuit! The Habs are takin’ a day off! What an outrage! Off with their heads! Let them eat cake! A stitch in time saves nine! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall! Oui Papa! A bird in the hand…however will I get through the day?

* Don’t have a problem with JM. Havin’ said that, he absolutely has to drill some discipline into the players’ skulls. The way penalites are assessed may be inconsistent, but the actions that trigger the calls are obvious as hell. Do it enough times in a game and you’re gonna be on the PK enough times. Poolio’s been playin’ with intensity, which is great, but he easily could have marched to the box a half-dozen times last night, let alone the three or so times he did. Same goes for the Rangers game.

* Thought Fleury’s gesture at the end of the game was awesome. If the tables were turned, and it was Price throwin’ it back at MAF, we’d all be whoopin’ it up. It was personal, so spare me the rallyin’ point absurdities. It’s all about a competitive spirit and drive that makes grown men get thin-skinned and act like kids. I pull that crap all the time and I wouldn’t have it any other way. If you find that stuff off-puttin’, then I needn’t warn you about record-low international rice puddin’ inventories.

* If the All-Star game is so utterly lame, and the game itself absolutely is, one might question why the NHL insists on holdin’ it every year. One might also want to consider that what happens on the ice is almost really just an afterthought. There are respected, professional sports columnists who still can’t quite grasp this notion.

* How lame is the All-Star game? I have two words: Phil and Kessel.

* And Brian Burkie sux.

62. scrowe21 says:

Yeah, Moen kinda sucks…but they need some snipers. Moen plays his role.. The scorers aren’t.

63. mike g says:

So, here’s what I found on Hockeybuzz…

The Pens blogger wrote this about Jordan Staal’s game vs us last night:

“Fitting that he gets his first points of the season against a team whose defenseman, P.K. Subban, carelessly tore a tendon in his foot during last year’s playoff run. “

Yes, Mr. Penguins blogger, PK succeeded in doing what he set out to do, cut Staal’s tendon. It was his mission all along. And I’m sorry, but I’ve never seen someone get their tendon sliced carefully by someone. They’re accidents, ya moron.

What about Markov’s tendons? Were they too torn carelessly by Matt Cooke?

LOL, what a dork this guy is..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

64. SmartDog says:

Who’s a better Moen?  Because the one we have is broken.

65. ManApart says:

Richards is going nowhere

66. ManApart says:

LoL Gomez

67. kirkiswork says:

We lose one game in a row and everybody freaks out. Par for the HIO course.

68. homerbowen says:

As the trade deadline approaches we must NOT – trade any of our draft picks.

However, we must make every effort to trade some (most) of our smurfs. Getting smaller is going the wrong way. We continue to get pushed off the puck and a long season will only wear their little legs down. While they have great heart and grit it will not translate into winning. Move them quickly if at all possible.

We urgently need to get bigger and tougher (not goonery).

69. joeybarrie says:

So the whole Brad Richards post blow makes me dream…

Gomez 7.3, Gio 5, Cammi 6, Pleks, 5, Moen 1.5, Eller 1.271, Spacek 3.8, PK .875, Price 2.75.

We re-sign, Auld 1mil, Pouliot  2mil, MaxPac 750k, Darche 750k, Pyatt 650k, Halpern 750k, Gill 1.5mil, Wiz 4.5mil and Gorges 2.75mil

WE SIGN SEMIN 8.5 million and someone like Montador 2.5

Our cap hit is 59 and we probably have 3 million or so left.

Semin, Pleks, Cammi

Gio, Gomez, MaxPac

Pouliot, Eller, Moen

Darche, Halpern, Pyatt

PK, Gorges

Wiz, Spacek

Gill, Montador

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

70. mike g says:

There are many factors that explain it..

1- Bettman took away hooking/clutching and grabbing, thinking it would increase goalscoring across the league, so that the game would apparently be more exciting and his expansion teams could succeed. Result: Goalscoring hasn’t increased, and the players can now pick up so much speed in the neutral zone that once they hit eachother it’s like 2 trucks colliding. The game, IMO, is just too fast for the human body to absorb.

2- Players are bigger, faster and stronger than ever before. Alot of players eat, sleep and base everything around their workouts. They train like madmen, and are in incredible physical shape. So when they hit, it’s gonna hurt.

3- Lack of respect. When there were only 6 teams, all the players knew eachother. They respected eachother, for the most part. Now, with 30 teams and over 500 players, there’s just no way to establish true friendships and know eachother, thus developping genuine respect and playing with it.

That’s what I think, at least…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

71. LarryKaraoke says:

Today’s players are insane. Colin campell is a wuss. The concussion rate is way too much. Even in the 50s and 60s, when I played junior, we never had such brain trauma. We never wore the head gear they have today either. Maybe too much “protection” gives players the added incentive to injure and disrespect the opposition. It is not only the goons who are responsible. Everyone is bigger and faster now. The only real solution is: the right for any player’s lawyer to sue both the league and the individual players and coaches for assault or worse and really cripple the offending players and teams with major time suspensions and loss of pay as a consequence of their continued ignorance of the safety factor and continued support of the Cherry factor of the manly art of physical mayhem on the ice. Or, ( tongue in cheek) we wait for a life-threatening injury to occur, and then think about what we might or should have done. By the way, that sob Todd Bertuzzi is still playing, making big bucks, while his victim still continues to be incapacitated and will never regain normalcy. He should have been suspended for life. Until next time. Larry B.

72. joeybarrie says:

We have Pleks and Gomez for the assists. If we bring in a top player like that, we need him to do 30-40 goals. Especially for the money Richards will ask for. I would prefer to put the money into Semin. The Caps might have some problems signing him.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

73. joeybarrie says:

I really do not understand why people are thinking that these guys do not deserve a break. I do not get why they should be practicing hard everyday. They have colds, bruises and the like. The body needs to heal.

As for using it as an excuse its pretty simple. They are pro athletes playing against pro athletes. If your not in top condition due to illness or whatever you are battling uphill.

Why do we think our guys are any different from the other team. Why do our guys HAVE to be able to be above that stuff, and beat a team that isnt?

BE REALISTIC. Over working them doesn’t help. Why would it? Can anyone actually give a reason instead of simply stating they should work. They are millionaires, so the rules of biology doesnt really apply to them???? I mean what exactly are you stating?  Lots of money, so no break. Screw you, you make millions so you should be able to play thru it. So if they WERE to play through it, do you really think that would be BETTER??????

Is there any common sense anymore?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

74. Maksimir says:

Since this seems to be an open topic post:

The one semi-available guy I would like to see the Habs go after is Brad Richards.. don’t know how cap space would work out but I think he would be a great fit.

75. Maksimir says: