Habs skip practice

AUDIO from Carolina: Cam Ward | Paul Maurice | Hal Gill | Mathieu Darche | Jacques Martin

You would think a team which has lost two games in a row and five of its last six could use all the practice it can get but coach Jacques Martin decided to scrub a scheduled practice this morning in Dallas. The team will leave their hotel in Big D at 11 a.m. and arrive in Raleigh in mid-afternoon, about two hours earlier than originally scheduled.  They’ll face the Carolina Hurricanes tomorrow night. It will be the third of seven consecutive road games and the last game before Christmas.

1. LA Loyalist says:

Almost all your points have a common elephant: coaching, coaching, and, um, coaching.

… and if we make the playoffs, Price will be tired and we’ll get our d*ck handed to us on a stick :(

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

2. SmartDog says:

If he’s not leading the league in games played he’s close.  Few goalies play more than 60 games, Price is on pace for 70+.  Starters need a break… goaltending is too intense.  Auld let in 1 goal in his first game, and has played well overall.  We didn’t lose because of him.

——-

3. Mark C says:

Even then he wasn’t the same player as he is today. He really didn’t producing until last season, at age 32. He was pretty much Frankie the Bull until last year.

4. rdiddy says:

Martin St. Louis was on waivers too so its not an exact science…

Although Montreal’s waiver losses includes Beauchemin, Robidas and Hainsey. Hainsey should have been prevented, but the other 2 guys were barely depth d-men at the time, so werent significant pieces of the future…

5. joeybarrie says:

What about when Dallas traded him to Chicago. Robidas only started to show signs of a good Defenseman in 2005 after the lockout.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

6. longtimehabsfan says:

A closer look at the Habs recent slump shows the cause is 1 and 6 in their last seven road games which does not bode well for the rest of this trip.

7. Hobie Hansen says:

Georges is just as good as Robidas…it all works out in the end.

8. joeybarrie says:

WOW, just when i thought your posts couldn;t be any worse. HEY DUMB A** Andre Savard put Stephane Robidas on waivers TWO YEARS before Gainey took the helm…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. drivefor25 says:

Go cheer for another team because it’s obvious you’re no Habs fan. You haven’t been missed in recent weeks/months.

Fan since ’71

10. avatar_58 says:

For the life of me I don’t get it. Guys like Gionta – vets…..missing the net by like 20 feet. I mean come on, we can yell at Gomez all day but when he passes to a shooter and the shooter misses WHILE in the slot – how the hell is it his fault?

11. HabFanSince72 says:

Hey my little fella can also pick a corner, but this isn’t the place to be discussing one’s sex life.

12. The Cat says:

I believe the benching had nothing to do with his play. How does one go from leading the team in icetime to riding the pine for 3 games?

13. avatar_58 says:

Yeah they showed some foresight on that one eh? Everytime I hear his name I cringe wishing they’d kept him.

14. Omit says:

Tony 242

As usual, you are wrong AGAIN!

How is it possible for you to always be wrong.  You’re not even as smart as a clock.

15. sholi2000.com says:

If my little fella can pick a corner, they should be able too!

They Call Me Shane

16. The Cat says:

Yes I believe so…I do think the habs D need some offensive upside but JM has to be more forgiving if a d-man takes an offensive risk and it doesnt work out.

Habs skip practice

You would think that a team which has lost two in a row and five of its last six could use all the practice it can get but coach Jacques Martin decided to scrub a scheduled workout this morning in Dallas. The team leaves Big D at 11 a.m., almost two hours ahead of their original schedule, and will arrive in Raleigh in mid-afternoon. They’ll face the Carolina Hurricanes tomorrow night. It will be the third of seven consecutive road games and their last game before Christmas.