Habs sighting Friday in Montreal

As part of Canadian Grand Prix weekend, the Lotus Formula One team holds a news conference Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Montreal’s Marche Bonsecours, down near the Old Port. Doesn’t mean you’ll get up close and personal, but some fans might see this as a potential photo opportunity, anyway:

On the guest list are Lotus drivers Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen, joined by Maxim Lapierre, Guy Lafleur, Patrice Brisebois, Vincent Lecavalier, Jacques Villeneuve and French entertainers Garou and Caroline Neron. The real star will be Laval’s Gino Rosato, formerly the do-everything guy at Ferrari who now is VP Operations with Lotus.

1. pmaraw says:

holding the sign?  you should make it your avatar!!!  thats awesome!!!!!!

2. Black Snake Moen says:

does everybody like my sign?

yes, thats me…

3. kempie says:

That’s the best idea I’ve heard all season.

Now your talking 09— not much emotion around that Bettman smuck!

Hall of fame guy works for me!— Even Boone would bring a lot more character to the presentation!

5. petrov14 says:

Screen Shots: Gary Bettman shouldn’t present the Stanley Cup

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

6. SeriousFan09 says:

Agree, how awesome would it be to have the Cup handed to a team captain by a Hall of Famer? Imagine Bobby Hull presenting the Cup to Jonathan Toews last night.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

7. Jocko says:

Here are some things I think I think:

Never saw Betteman look more like a little Napoleon moreso than on his interview with Ron MacLean.  The guy is egotistic, hard headed, and CANNOT admit he is wrong.  He looked like a typical lawyer trying to argue his case.  Unfortunately, he is not the man to run the NHL.  I say contract Tampa, Florida, Nashville, Atlanta, Carolina, Phoenix, and the Islanders.  Hockey is just not going to work there unless the team is a winner. Every team has it’s ups and downs, but let’s cut the cord and move on with a healthier NHL.

As for the Habs, lets get rid of Hamr, Kost bros, and the rights to Fisher, Emelin, and Perzhogin.  How can the team move on in free agency, probably not at all.  Maybe scott will realize his worth and renogiate his contract. As for Gauthier, Martin, and Timmins, a big Adios.  Get a GM from the real business world, someone who can manage PR and cap issues.  Raid the scouting staff from Detroit.  They have found to many gems to be considered lucky.  As for a coach, find a guy who can mold the team by using speed, speed, and more speed.  The game is not such where you can pound teams into submission, but skate them into the ice.

I don’t want to see Maurice tonight, I want to see The Rocket!

8. camel_larry says:

Who else would love if the habs could some how land Zybnek Michalek this off-season? Gorges v2 with an offensive punch. Would be nice to have on the second pp.

9. AZ_Hab_Fan says:

I’ll be heading back to Montreal on the 18th for a week visit.  I’m bringing my girlfriend to show her where I grew up and all the Montreal sites.  Haven’t been back for a while.  First stop Harveys lol!  Can’t wait!