NHL, Habs release complete 2014-15 schedule

The Canadiens and the NHL released their complete 2014-15 NHL regular-season schedule on Sunday afternoon with the Habs opening on Wednesday, Oct. 8 in Toronto against the Maple Leafs. The Canadiens’ home opener will be on Thursday, Oct. 16 against the Boston Bruins.

The Canadiens will also end the regular season in Toronto on Saturday, April 11 against the Leafs. The 82-game schedule will cover 186 days.

The Canadiens will once again play a couple of matinee games on Super Bowl weekend with the Washington Capitals visiting the Bell Centre on Saturday, Jan. 31 and the Phoenix Coyotes on Super Bowl Sunday. Both games will be 1 p.m. starts.

The Canadiens will play 30 games against their seven division opponents (Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Florida, Ottawa, Tampa Bay and Toronto), and three games against each of the other eight non-division teams from the Eastern Conference (24 games). The remaining 28 games will be against Western Conference clubs, with one home game and one away game against each of the 14 teams.

The Canadiens will also play eight preseason games starting on Monday, Sept. 22 when they play a Red vs. White game at the Bell Centre.

(Photo by John Mahoney/The Gazette)

Complete Canadiens’ 2014-15 regular-season schedule, canadiens.com

Canadiens preseason schedule, canadiens.com

Fewer Saturday night games for Habs next season, by The Gazette’s Pat Hickey

No better way to open season than Habs vs. Leafs, by The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs

Some Habs games to circle on your calendar, by Pat Hickey

Winter Classic, rivalries highlight 2014-15 schedule, NHL.com

Complete 2014-15 NHL schedule, NHL.com

Rogers unveils NHL broadcast schedule, sportsnet.ca

1. JUST ME says:

Excellent deal. Ok maybe 3 years is a bit much but it`s give and take.
    That was to be expected that Markov would be back. That is what Bergevin meant by the team not being mature yet. Needs a veteran to teach the kids and Markov is the guy even for P.K.. Would lower his toi from 25 to 20 min a game though…

2. Thurston says:

I would rather have seen a two-year deal for Markov, but whatever.

I would like to see another solid D-man picked up so that Markov doesn’t have to play as many minutes next season and for the two after that.

3. Loonie says:

Good for Andrei Markov.

Seems like there were compromises on both sides. $5.75 million annually will surely rub some people the wrong way but there is no doubt he would have received more than $6 million annually on July 1st from a different team.

4. Jocko says:

I am happy about the Markov signing.

I don’t want to see Maurice tonight, I want to see The Rocket!

5. CHicoHab says:

Markov. Done!! Next??

6. shiram says:

On Markov,sure it’s a gamble, not signing him would have been a bigger one.

7. Habilis says:

“Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL
    Canadiens agree to terms on a three-year contract extension with defenseman Andrei Markov.
    DETAILS -> http://goha.bs/1yFQweF #GoHabsGo”

He got 3 years at 5.75mil per. Personally, I’m not nuts about that third year. But if that’s what it took to keep him, it’s well worth it.

8. Mutt says:

Canadiens have signed D Andrei Markov, as per LaPresse. 3 years 5.75 per year…

Thoughts?

9. Commandant says:

#73 is Brent Moran

We also interviewed the producer of EA’s NHL 15, here is what he had to say about the next generation systems and the new game.

10. bwoar says:

@Curtoph

Thanks for the tip re VLC links. It won’t help me in every situation but will definitely come in useful. Much appreciated!

11. knob says:

Part of the title that reads “Habs release complete 2014-15 schedule” would be much better if it read “Habs release Bouillon and Gionta”.

2014 HIO FAN SUMMIT GAME WILL BE NOV. 8 VS GUY LAPOINTE (scout) & THE WILD.

Ticket price pending a call to me from the Bell Center to confirm.
    I will let you know when to order.
    White seats $90, Grey $68.

13. habs001 says:

I am sure if a poster wishes to watch every Habs game they will be able to…From my experience it is usually the people with the highest income that complain about a $4-$6 monthly increase and they also tend to not pay for someone elses properties like a new movie or new dvd release…Is there a difference in stealing a service,movie etc using our computer from shop lifting in a store? You still a thief..no?..

14. BriPro says:

So I need clarification here!
    Peeve me off……
    I pay $5/month for the French package which includes not only RDS but also TVA.
    So I figured?..”I’m good for next season.”
    Right? Wrong!!!
    TVA sports isn’t considered as part of the French package.
    And I can’t get clarification on the schedule.
    NHL.COM shows the schedule, but just the SN broadcasts.

Can someone tell me FOR CERTAIN what will and will not be included, and as a south shore Montreal resident, will I get fleeced trying to watch every game, as we’ve done on RDS up until now?!

15. franco says:

Leafs will make the playoffs, sorry for the bad news, but it will happen.

Montreal will finish well ahead of Toronto, but you know the playoffs, Montreal and Toronto could meet, how scarey is that.

16. franco says:

This could happen:

Things change quickly in hockey, what if one of ‘the Leafs’, Islanders, or Oilers, make it to the finals ahead of Montreal.

You think this is impossible, well I don’t.

• JUST ME says:

Of course the Leafs will ! (yelling in his ear)

Now sit down sir relax and take that glass of water with your vitamin(cough cough)

Now now don`t you feel better ?

17. Slackman says:

Question: would you rather have Moulson or Hemsky, both or neither.

• UKRAINIANhab says:

Moulson

• CJ says:

Neither. Not at their current asking price, rumoured to be north of $6 million annually.

• franco says:

It would depend on many, many things. Is Bergevin interested, are they available, the cap, are the players interested, does the other managers want to part with them, what do their wives, families say, do they speak French, how much of a contract do they want, length, money, no trade clause…..are they healthy, do they like the warmer weather, do they like the States better, are they team players, do they have character, are they playoff performers, do they bitch and whine…..so many things to consider, so little time.

• Habfan17 says:

Neither, I would rather MB sign Mason Raymond. He would come cheaper, has a ton of speed and can score. He would make a good 2nd line left wing for a couple of season and allow Therrien to move Bourque to the right side. It would also take a player away from the leafs that turned into a very good UFA signing.

Habfan17

• bwoar says:

Much as I’m not a fan (and that takes a lot, since Raymond was a Moose at one point) I’d give it a shot. I really would like to see Bourque on the right side full time and see if it clicked for him.

18. UKRAINIANhab says:

If anybody uses Cogeco they have this thing called super sports pack…

Gets you all 82 Habs games in English. Also has every NFL game, College Football games, Soccer etc.

Great deal as well. CHeers.