Habs past, present featured at collectibles show

Canadiens Hall of Famer Henri Richard and current players Marc-André Bergeron and Benoit Pouliot are scheduled guests this coming weekend at a sports and toy collectibles sale and exhibition at Montreal’s Centre Pierre Charbonneau.

The Pocket Rocket will sign autographs Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with Bergeron and Pouliot scheduled to appear Sunday afternoon. Following Richard for 90 minutes Saturday afternoon will be Boston Bruins Hall of Fame goaltender Gerry Cheevers, who’s flying in for the occasion.

Full details below. Note that as is standard practice at events like this, there will be a charge for autographs apart from the admission fee.

This coming weekend’s show at Centre Pierre Charbonneau, Métro Viau in the shadow of Olympic Stadium:

1. Habscat says:

I would love to be able to go to that card show. We don’t get many out here in Calgary. Not much history to celebrate I guess. 😀

http://gushuecards.webs.com/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRRiyN3A0pg

2. twocents says:

1. If I were J. Martin and I knew who I would choose as captain, I would have done so already.

2. No one here could possibly approach this question credibly.

3. SlovakHab says:

It’s a traditional chant from 2001 when we won World Championship gold medal. Made up by drunken players during the celebration on the main square in our capital town.

4. Say Ash says:

I was at the Slovakia/Sweden quarterfinal last month. The whole game, the slovak fans in my section were yelling something like “Tiki, taki, tiki, taki, oy, oy, oy!” No idea what they were saying but they were WAY louder then the swedes…

5. wotever says:

I thought you were going to go something along the lines of, “Here I sit broken hearted…”

A little disappointed.

6. secretdragonfly says:

7. Bugs says:

I said reckon, didn’t I?

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

L.B. Potter, esq. First Bugler of the St-Habberson’s Club Red Brigade and Head Coachman to the President of Habsbros Flannel-weaving Services: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

8. SlovakHab says:

Well I don’t care who starts tonight or who sucked 3.5 months ago. Just re-wrote the post I reacted on.

You can’t start a goalie based on a performance 3.5 months ago and you can’t write that 99% of the 6 goals were bad and make sense at the same time.

9. Drive_For_25 says:

JM – Hall Gill

Bouch – Mike Camalleri

10. lavie says:

Question:

1. If you were J Martin, which Hab would you choose as the C?

2. If you were G Boucher, which Hab would you choose as the C?

11. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

wow you can see into the future!!!
    Are we going to win the cup???
    DB

12. Bugs says:

Too be fair, he hadn’t played in 3’n’half weeks.

Halak has been number 1 for awhile. When you have a num1, it’s easier to pencil in starts.

This Buffaler game has been the Priceberg’s for a bit. I even mentioned last week that this game was his.

Reckon next time we’ll see’m after tonight will be Buffaler again in a week’n’ a half.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

13. HabsFansince49 says:

Have to agree with you on this one. Too late now to name a captain.  Just out of curiosity, is there any team sport that does not require captaincy designation?

14. Chuck says:

Dave, could going the year without a named captain have been a silent tip-of-the-cap to their last one?

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

15. Chuck says:

Face it; Halak sucked like a gaping chest wound that night. We were 10 minutes late getting to the game, and the Sabres were already up 3-0.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

16. Chuck says:

Where are you sitting? I’ll look for you!

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

17. HabsFansince49 says:

That’s what we’re here for – actually I had just woken up and wrote what I was thinking when I woke, Hardly mind-boggling

18. ed lopaz says:

did you know that stephan lebeau is running the hockey program over at Bishops College?

also – years ago you might remember that he sprained an ankle and was sidelined for a quite a while.

that injury occured while playing racquet ball against the woman’s world champion – who was about 16 years old and a classmate of mine at the time.

just though you might like to know since you brought up his name.

very nice guy; class act.

19. SlovakHab says:

So he shouldn’t start against the Sabres because he didn’t play well against them 3.5 months ago and he let in 5.94 goals from his lack & of rebound control that night and only 0.06 goals Buffalo scored on him that night were good goals?

20. Say Ash says:

Gill + MAB = Chara?

21. jimmy shaker says:

He’s basically the opposite of hal gill, but with the way better contract as you stated.  So we have gill with no offensive abilities and MAB with no defensive abilities, put’em together and they would make for a pretty solid 2 way defender at very decent mill per year contract.  If push came to shove, I would take MAB over Gill.  MAB did have a good +/- last year though (i know it was under lemaire and the wild’s put you to sleep defensive system)

Shaker

22. Natrous says:

Cool! I’ll be on the lookout (obviously) :)

23. Natrous says:

Bad wireless or itchy trigger finger? (Double post)

24. Say Ash says:

Who’s down with MAB? Yeah, you know me! And I’m pretty sure Timo.

25. Natrous says:

Just like Huet, right?

26. habs11s says:

I really can’t stand MAB, he can’t play defense, can’t hit…. the only thing good is his contract and his shot, easily replaceable for either A. someone who can play on the 4th line or B. someone who can actually play defense

or whynot get AK46 to actually shoot and put him on the point

IMHO

___________________________________________________________________________

27. jimmy shaker says:

I came across it while reading on the rds site….it was in the topic titled something like “canadiens going for 3rd place”  Mind you it was translated from french to english for me, so there may be some parts missing.  But what I read and understood from the article, was that carey was fretting new all white equipment.  I mentioned it before a couple of days ago, and a couple people replied that they thought they did see price while on the bench decked out in white.  SO, I’m almost sure he’ll be sporting the white’s tonight, but I could be wrong.

Shaker

28. Natrous says:

New white gear?? Any links/pics?

29. jimmy shaker says:

Can’t wait to see #47 Stephan Lebeau back in there tonight….it’s been a long time…..I mean MAB!

Shaker

30. jimmy shaker says:

How do you guys think Carey and his new white equipment will fair tonight against Miller and the rest of the jabrone’s from buffalo?  I’m not sure who I hate more….Ruff, Roy or Jeanneret!

Shaker

31. habs11s says:

Pumped to see the boys live for the first time this season and rocking my SK74 jersey…. please dont embarass me habs, especially in Buffalo…

___________________________________________________________________________

32. avatar_58 says:

Yes because anyone would REALLY give a damn….AFTER THEY WIN THE CUP. :)

33. sholi2000.com says:

What were you’re feelings after the Olympic break?  Are you one of these fans who turns coat after every little loss?

I’m not.

If you were to watch the Flyers in Oct-Dec you would have been saying that they are the joke of the league.

They call me Shane

34. sholi2000.com says:

It;s just a letter now.  It won’t make them play any better.  When the young guys have problems they go to their pals.

Maybe Mtl will resign Koivu and slap the C make on him lol.

They call me Shane

35. badbalance says:

Confident with both goalies in Net! Cammy and Bergie back. Should be a good one. Maybe we can get another streak back on track and win the rest of these games.

36. sholi2000.com says:

He didn’t start against Boston so you can throw that theory out the window.

He should start against Florida.  It’s been two weeks since his last start.

Let Halak play the top notch Sabres.

They call me Shane

37. badbalance says:

I still haven’t got a chance to see a full healthy Habs team play but I would still go with the Habs. 2 losses in a row after 6 wins in a row won’t make me start liking the flyers and making me wish we were them.

It’s always like this, I bet while the habs were on a roll, you would be posting on the wall about how much you love this team.

What you can do though, is write a song about it, you know, follow Jonathan Roy’s path  Mr. Musician. Maybe make a band since you guys are technically 2 different people, Kyle and Jimmy.

Cammy, Pleka, AK ,Gomez, Gionta and Pouliot and SK over Flyers any day anyways! And Halak and Price over Leighton and Emery any day too.

Hate them or love them, They are our team, and each have shown more heart than the Flyers all season long.

38. smiler2729 says:

Why “name” a captain? Why not have the players vote for their captain? They’ve known all along which player or players were the leaders on and off the ice, let ’em decide on one or is that too old fashioned??

What happens if the Habs find themselves a la ’93 at center ice accepting a Stanley Cup in June with no captain? THAT would be embarrassing.

39. habs_agardiner says:

Game tonight will be interesting. I gues price starts because of his stats against Buffalo! Can’t wait!

40. Say Ash says:

I learn so much here.

41. badbalance says:

All the teams would pick on us, out muscle us and all, we had to step up a bit and put some physical in our game. Don’t count suspensions, Carter was supposed to get a few games but didn’t for an almost season ending injury. Even Briere used to be a clean and great hockey player until he joined the flyers, he became dirty by playing the flyer’s style of hockey and his production went down. Dirty doesn’t only mean getting suspended by the way, it’s the way the team is told to play which is part of their so called “Physical style of play” system. I wouldn’t be surprised if the coach ever told a flyer to go out and just injure a player.

Look at the flyers in the past 10 years, they’ve always been dirty and try to tank their way to the cup.

42. idle says:

At this point I agree Dave.  I’m a bit surprised that the team could not have found a captain at some time during the season.  I thought maybe when Markov first came back and scored all those points in a short period of time, or when Cammalleri was on one of his lenghty scoring streaks or when Gionta was putting his never die attitude to use at times when the team really needed it.

Does the fact that they did not name one mean that they want to offer it to Plekanec but are not sure if he will be back next year?

It’s a MAB MAB world.

43. CanadienBoy says:

Going back to bed , thank a lot !

44. Dave Stubbs says:

Should have had a captain months ago. But to name one now suggests panic. A guy wearing a C for nine games won’t make a difference. Come to camp next year with one.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

45. SeriousFan09 says:

Hmmm, Norris-quality defencemen making another defencemen look much better than he is, it seems we Montrealers have heard this story before.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

46. SeriousFan09 says:

Briere’s made of glass, Gagne’s injuries left him ineffective this season (again), Hartnell is a human wasteland, Carcillo’s a jerk, Richards tried to take off Booth’s head.

There’s a few guys I wouldn’t want on our roster right there. Take Carter, Coburn and JVR, but I’d also take Backstrom, Ovechkin, Laich, Fleischmann, Semin and Knuble.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

47. HabsFansince49 says:

Here we sit on Wed. morning in 7th place

Sens played 74 and have 83 points

Flyers played 73 and have 79 points

Habs played 73 and have 79 points

Bruins played 72 and have 78 points

Thrashers played 73 and have 75 points (and at this point, out of playoffs)

I have been accused of “fanatical fandom”, but this is just sense & sensibility: we need to put wins together as we did after Olympic break. Otherwise we won’t be in the playoffs or just as bad face Washington and get annihilated.

48. jimhasbeen says:

i agree wholeheartedly

not having a captain is like waving the white flag

how many teams win without one?

any reason/excuse i hear to explain our lack of captain is bullpoo

49. howtathor says:

The Sens played the same game they did against Montreal. Clogging the shooting lanes and letting Andy Sutton loose to raise heck. Watching the Flyers’ PP was reminiscent of Monday night. No shots getting to the net! Looks like the Sens have woken up. It’s unfortunate that we don’t have a D man like Sutton or Pronger who can throw the body around. I think Gainey was hoping Gill would fill that role but he’s more of a gentle giant and a good screen too. Where was the pro scouting on that one, Pierre Guathier?

50. SlovakHab says:

Glen Hanlon to coach Team Slovakia.

Any thoughts?

51. G-Man says:

If you’re thinking, “man it’d be cool to be a flyers fan,” you are already one. Enjoy goon hockey with a couple of goals by Gagné and Briere, Richards and Carter. BTW, their goaltending sucks wind and their D is terrible. Enjoy it while you can; they are getting their golf clubs out.

52. jimhasbeen says:

dude, montreal players have gotten suspended more than philly this year.  laraque and lapierre for dirtier hits than richards–open ice hits always look bad and end up bad, but they are within the rules.

im not comparing fans, i’m comparing players, and they have the superior roster (sans goalies of course)

53. jimhasbeen says:

but which healthy roster would you rather have in the playoffs?

54. habzfan2003 says:

Can we please name a captain for this final stretch…? I’d accept cammy even if it was temporary or permanent… I really would like to see someone driving the ship!

55. badbalance says:

Not really, We’re tied with flyers with half a roster all season.

56. badbalance says:

lol flyers have heart… Comment of the day right here. If you think jumping off your feet to elbow someone in the face is brave and for the pride of the team? How many more players do the flyers have to cowardly injure……. The flyers fans cheer more for fights and checks than they do for goals.. You really wanna become a flyers fan?

57. jimhasbeen says:

lame………..excuse

im just sayin wouldn’t you rather have guys like

carter

richards

briere

hartnell

gagne

giroux

van riems

coburn

carcillo

laperriere (not to be confused with his polar opposite–yapierre)

58. naweed235 says:

im sorry for u if u think the way flyers play means they have more heart than the habs… Having a heart to me means getting through a season filled with rediculous injuries (all of whom were key players) and still be in the playoff race at this time of the year unlike 50% of other teams that are not…

not to mention that this was pretty much a team whose core was built from scratch last summer…

nuff said…

59. Say Ash says:

Tenth overall, and I think Getzlaf went 19th. It’s a crapshoot. Didn’t Zetterberg go, like, 200th?

60. andrewberkshire says:

Price was 20-22 over his Habs career, and outplayed a veteran Huet as a rookie. He’s also won a playoff series which Huet is incapable of doing.

61. jimhasbeen says:

man just saw the sens/flyers highlights…

only one thing comes to mind–we have no balls,heart,guts anything.

i actually caught myself thinking, man it’d be cool to be a flyers fan.

call em goons, call em bullies–i call them brave soldiers that would do anything for the pride of the team.

or maybe i just hate ottawa…haha

62. andrewberkshire says:

Keith makes Seabrook. 2 years ago Chicago was shopping Seabrook for a 3rd round pick.

63. Xtrahabsfan says:

HabfaninVictoria….did you notice that the only time you  post is to slag someone,wtfiwwy?Grow up!

64. Xtrahabsfan says:

65. christophor says:

oh you flatter me, bugs. i’ll sleep easier now.

66. Bugs says:

I asked about your intent when I said “what game you playin at”. You didn’t answer.

I know you didn’t mean hate when you said hate. Just stayin with the lingo is all.

I know you’re not a conspirator. In fact, you’re aces in my book, I don’t mind tellin ya.

Perfectly honest misperception. Happens to all of us, me more often than most. Glad we got it all cleared up.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as