Habs past, present featured at collectibles show

Canadiens Hall of Famer Henri Richard and current players Marc-André Bergeron and Benoit Pouliot are scheduled guests this coming weekend at a sports and toy collectibles sale and exhibition at Montreal’s Centre Pierre Charbonneau.

The Pocket Rocket will sign autographs Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with Bergeron and Pouliot scheduled to appear Sunday afternoon. Following Richard for 90 minutes Saturday afternoon will be Boston Bruins Hall of Fame goaltender Gerry Cheevers, who’s flying in for the occasion.

Full details below. Note that as is standard practice at events like this, there will be a charge for autographs apart from the admission fee.

This coming weekend’s show at Centre Pierre Charbonneau, Métro Viau in the shadow of Olympic Stadium:

1. Bugs says:

Strange then that Huey’s record with us is 58-39-13 for a 53% winning percentage and the Kid’s is 47-28-13 for a 53% winning percentage. Exactly identical.

Strange that this crystal balling only goes one way…

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

L.B. Potter, esq. First Bugler of the St-Habberson’s Club Red Brigade and Head Coachman to the President of Habsbros Flannel-weaving Services: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

2. christophor says:

ok. you win, bugs. the comments in my head that led me to write are indeed from a narrow source as you say. not so general

just know that a person you disagree with isn’t always a conspirator. perhaps an honest misperception. the simplest explanation is usually more likely, yes?

just like my “hate” was the wrong idea, your “fabrication” is too. call me incorrect, not a fabricator. there is intent behind fabrication.

3. crabvader says:

Chicago wants to overpay for Price? Let em!

Seabrook is worth muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh more than that.

4. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

I have to disagree with you here. Chicago’s defense is much better than ours and a goalie will naturally excel under a better defensive system. I’d expect Price’s stats to be much better in Chicago than what they’re right now. Not just Price, let’s take Halak for example. He has a .923 save percentage with a team that has a fairly mediocre defense. They have been improving over the course, but my point is that Halak’s save percentage would be easily higher than 93% in Chicago.

Plus Chicago has better offense, so the goalies get a lot more support from their team than compared to Montreal.

5. andrewberkshire says:

Difference being that Huet isn’t a good goalie.

6. Bugs says:

Disagree.

While some critics have been heard against’m; it’s nothing compared to the respect he gets from most posters here. Like me.

Just because we don’t feel the need to stamp it down everyday doesn’t mean the opposite is taking precedence. Guy hasn’t gone two games without a point since he popped his first one ferpetessakes; hate now is the summum of foolishness. Even the fools are aware of that.

Oh, and those quotes you used? Both said by Timo. Perspective there for ya, Chris. One person is hardly a “general tendency”, I’m sure you agree.

To recap: as a “general tendency”? My boy Poulio hasn’t gotten ANY hate yet.

So no need to fabricate any just so’s you can be against it.

7. andrewberkshire says:

He played pretty great in game 7 of that series, and his first 25 or so starts last season.

8. ProHabs says:

Poor little Carey wouldn’t last a week in Chicago. The fans there would chew him up and spit him out so fast that his head would be spinning. He would be flipping the Chicago faithful the 1 figure salute by the end of the first period of his first game. He would be wishing his was back in Montreal riding the pine.

9. ProHabs says:

He could have been but we chose AK46 instead. WOW

10. naweed235 says:

i’d love to see Parise in a Habs jersey… this kid is just something else… WOW

11. christophor says:

oh come now. “hate” is too strong, yes. a stretch from “critical of”. i exaggerated more than a bit to make my point, and that is why timo and chris took it to be too much. fair. consider that revision and my point stands.

it HAS been a general tendency to criticize the guy, even recently. hence the defensive replies to my comment from our fellow fans. the comments go something like: “pouliot is invisible lately”, “his real self has shown up”, etc. this very night. dont make me do the research. the appeal to days past was supposed to bring to mind that general tendency we are both aware of and the initial comment was triggered by more recent comments that continued that pattern.

fortunately, i do not take the time to scroll back to read past days’ comments and then reply randomly.

12. Bugs says:

Whereas Huey was doomed to fail going to a team like that?

13. Bugs says:

Lemme see if I get this straight: when you say “What’s up with such’n’such?”, it could mean something you read four days back? And the rest of us are supposed to KNOW this?

Hey, no one told me there was supposed to be mind-readin goin on here; what the hell?

14. Mr.Hazard says:

Chicago would be like a dream place for Price to be. He would flourish.

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

15. Bugs says:

That’s funny, I heard she left cuz he wouldn’t stay in the crease.

16. christophor says:

oh i mean more generally. people have been commenting over the last few days. after each of the last two games especially.

i should have been clear on that. i dont always have the luxury of keeping an eye on HIO minute by minute.

anyways, i’m defending the guy. lets agree there.

17. Bugs says:

And then he shanked that play with Lapierre…

And he’s never been the same since.

My boy the Priceberg has melted and has yet to reform, pains me to say.

18. Bugs says:

But…YOU’RE the one that brought up “all the hatin on my boy Poulio” where there was none apart from Timo, Chris.

YOU’RE the one joinin the fabricatin club. That’s what folks were pointin out to ya.

Say, what game you playin at?

19. andrewberkshire says:

Neither of those deals are enough, and neither help us out of our salary cap situation.

20. SeriousFan09 says:

I like Detroit quite a bit, their fans can be a bit much but honestly, we have a pretty bad section of our fan base as well so it’s hard to really hold that one over them. I look forward to them upsetting some top seeds in the playoffs, they’ve got insane amounts of playoff experience and the best coach in the NHL.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

21. andrewberkshire says:

The first 4 games of the Boston series in 07-08 Price had a .957 save percentage and a 1.20 GAA.

22. avatar_58 says:

Could be worse guys. We could be the Flames – so close yet so far away EVERY game. I hope they beat out Detroit because I hate that team so much. (Well mostly it’s fans)

23. Bugs says:

Rumour #4: Eklund has Gauthier sending sleet and hail over to Gillis in exchange for a public inquiry into the Quebec construction industry.

24. christophor says:

..yes, thats exactly right. my point is that pouliot is a.o.k.

others’ fabrication is what i’m on to.

the general response to my first comment was to deny that there are people fabricating pouliot facts, but now you acknowledge that there are some folks here who do just that.

the boy is gonna be fine, i say.

25. Harani says:

Jersey Foul just for Timo. I’m sure that’s him!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

26. ProHabs says:

Rumor #3: According to Eklund, Pierre Gauthier is begging George Laroque to return to the team to help the Habs out during the stretch drive.

27. SeriousFan09 says:

I say Eklund needs to change his medication.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

28. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Hey Timo! Long time man. Haha, don’t worry, the next time Flames fans bother you by mentioning the Habs, you should mention the Stajan deal right away. 4.5 Million…4 years…tsk tsk. Or maybe the Toskala deal. tsk tsk.

Oh, or maybe – make them feel jealous about our team. After all, they never got to experience Brisebois’s amazing outlet pass and his breezy hair. Aah..very refreshing! Full Breezer for life.

29. HabsFanInVictoria says:

You are everything wrong with this world.  It makes me sad that you are one of us (apparently).

30. Bugs says:

Sayin my boy has more talent than you? Sorry.

Indeed, you’re much better than him at saying “suck, suck, suck”.

Apologies. Shouldna gotten personal.

31. Bugs says:

What? Fabrication?

Bah, plenty of folks have been on to that for a while here.

32. Bugs says:

See? What do I know?

Thanks fer puttin the time in, Deuce.

Even less reason to make a fuss, Chris.

33. Harani says:

Eklund’s latest cook-up on Habs and Price. Let’s look at it just for the fun of it:

Rumor #1: Price would be dealt to Chicago for Patrick Sharp, Niemi, and a #3.
    Rumor #2: Price and a #3 would be dealt to Chicago for Seabrook, Crawford, and RPI’s Brandon Pirri.

What say you?

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

34. christophor says:

sorry, but from the quick reaction this attracted, it seems i’m on to something.

35. twocents says:

Welcome to the middle of the pack. They are all pressure games at this stage and have been since the Olympic break. Philly did the same thing tonight. But, I suspect if you were comparing us to Philly you’d go on about how superior they are.

Face it, they didn’t show up, but the Sens hadn’t for nearly ten games before that. It’s part of pro sports, teams don’t play well every game. What matters is what they do between now and the end of the season. And then it will matter what they do in the first round. Frankly, who gives a fuck if they lost to the Sens. Anyone who expected them to win every game from here on in is delusional. They’re not going to win all of the remaining nine games either, neither will 28 or 29 other teams.

36. ProHabs says:

Yup, she couldn’t stand watching his game in Montreal anymore than all of us could.

37. Harani says:

Hate to break to you but the Booins are a single point behind the us (the habs) with one game in hand. Not good! But maybe this pressure created by Atlanta and Boston will get our boys to play desperation hockey and start a win streak.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

38. SeriousFan09 says:

Down Goes Brown has a new post about the NHLPA dragging their feet on headshots, most of them I suspect are the real reasons, check it out.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

39. topher5468 says:

Minny is only 3 pts behind us,(I know its a differnt Conf) and i think their goalie Backstrom was out. without Lats, Minny would be in last place and not even close to a spot. I do however agree and I am glad we have Pouliot.

40. twocents says:

Pouliot got a point in Toronto. He’s gone one game without a point.

41. topher5468 says:

I wasn’t saying that at all, I said i like Benny too.

42. twocents says:

Pouliot has more points than Lats in his last 10 games. A ten game stretch where the Habs have gone from 11 place to as high as fifth. A stretch where games and points matter. He has delivered.

Are you seriously boo hooing because he didn’t get a point last night?

43. topher5468 says:

is that really true

44. piche says:

Latendresse in minny:  47GP, 24G, 10A, 34P:  .723 PPG (+4)

Benny in montreal:  30GP, 14G, 8A, 22P:  .733 PPG (+9)

Nothing to complain about here… neither were performing with the team they were playing for and both are performing now… and Benny has more upside.

45. topher5468 says:

Who’s hating on Pouliot, where did you read that. Not from me anyway.

46. Bugs says:

Who’s hatin? There’s just Timo, Chris. Hatin is what he does.

His team is last in the East; let’m have his fun where he can get it. I mean, Poulio goes two games without a point and it’s “suck, suck, suck!”? C’mon, Chris. Grain’a’salt here.

47. badbalance says:

Pouliot has wayyyy more pressure in his longest season of his career. You see he’s trying but really playing under pressure. How can you even say Latendresse is more unreal than Pouliot, i mean probably never saw Pouliot play before the Sens game.. I think any player that plays on a line with Havlat would do good anyways.

48. ProHabs says:

Gui’s wife left him, she wasn’t fond of the wraparound.

49. topher5468 says:

IDN, I remember seeing a piece on him and his family on one of the sports shows. They just had a baby and lats discussed how having a baby changed his life. They looked pretty happy but who ever really knows anymore.

50. Bugs says:

Kinda like your post actually. But with more talent.

51. ProHabs says:

Since when has Price been brilliant in the playoffs. He has had 1 good playoff game (game 7 against the Bruins). He has pretty well sucked every other game.

52. topher5468 says:

Well, maybe well find that out someday. They have great fan support and are not all that far off. They did lose Gaborik and were still competitive. I like that franchise and hope they do well. I always wanted to see a game there, but in the spring or fall, not the winter.

53. andrewberkshire says:

Didn’t his wife leave him last summer? I thought they were getting divorced.

54. andrewberkshire says:

He is doing well, but I can’t help but wonder how well he’ll do when there’s actual pressure on him, considering how terrible he performed under pressure here.

55. christophor says:

all this hating on pouliot is only because of lats. the whole team has sucked the last couple of games. lats would too if he were here for those, even in his new form.

56. topher5468 says:

No I hate the Leafs and would never admit to that. OK Thats your opinion, I respect that. Well I guess lats erarned himself a Contract then, Im glad for him and his beautiful wife.

57. topher5468 says:

True, listen I was just saying that I was impressed with Lats performance. You can’t help but notice how well he’s doing. Thats all

58. SeriousFan09 says:

Niemi picks up the win with Chicago tonight as they halt the Coyotes 9-game winning streak, Niemi had a great night and secured himself his 6th shutout of the season.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

59. topher5468 says:

Absolutely, well said,

60. andrewberkshire says:

Price has been both brilliant and awful in the playoffs. Latendresse has been nothing but crap when we’ve needed him to be an impact player.

61. andrewberkshire says:

So then you must be really impressed with the Maple Leafs every March.

It’s not impressive when players play hard when there’s no pressure to make the playoffs or win, they’re just playing for bigger contracts at the end of the year.

62. twocents says:

Fair enough, but I still think I would be more impressed if they were in the mix for the last couple of spots, like us, and Lats was still producing.

All said, I am impressed by Lats’s production, and pissed at him for not applying himself better here.

I am also very happy with what Pouliot has brought to this team.

63. topher5468 says:

Its still this year for lats, you guys just want to hate, do you feel the same way about our other goalie, who has totally sucked in the playoffs.

64. andrewberkshire says:

Agreed completely. We’ll see what Lats can do next year. As far as I’m concerned his playoff performances to date made him expendable anyway.

65. topher5468 says:

Yes, absolutely. It would have been real easy to mail it in and not care, it’s what we were used to from this guy. I think Minny is out of it but Im sure they don’t so there is pressure on them.

“When a player produces during games that matter and the pressure is on, is when a player matters.”

Of course that matters but I am always impressed when player plays hard when they probably won’t make it. Oh yea, with the fan support in Minny, there is always pressure, they have great fans.

66. SeriousFan09 says:

Beat him last time, he’s got over 65GP now and he’s really shown his age at this point in the year after his last several seasons. He’s not invincible anymore, just very well protected by the NJ trap.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

67. topher5468 says:

Yes, I have faith. Its all I have left at this point.

68. twocents says:

“Minny ain’t making the playoffs so that makes it more impressive to
    me.”

Why? Cause they and he can play all loosey goosey with no pressure, that makes it more impressive to you?

69. SeriousFan09 says:

Antti Niemi had his Wheaties this morning! Helping the Hawks hold a 2-0 lead with 10 left and making some nigh-impossible saves along the way.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

70. topher5468 says:

You what I think Timo, whenever I count this team out and think there are games they can’t win, they always suprise me. although winning in Buf is a rarity, we will be competitive. we will win on thurs and sat.

71. Nick_Habs1 says:

Is he liking the Montreal night life already timo?

72. king ddd says:

right on dude. i dont know why this happens to MTL, leclaire, ribeiro, now lats. geez why cant they play good for us.

jeez wait till the french media get on this if poouliot continues to suk and lats nets in about 35 goals

.::moen & georges for co-captains::.

73. SeriousFan09 says:

I don’t like Timo, I think he had his 15 minutes when we were on our 6-game winning streak, but has been ridiculously negative, is negative and will continue to be negative.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

74. topher5468 says:

On another sad note, another goal for latendresse, this guys been unreal. I like Benny but damn, Lats hasn’t slowed a bit and Minny ain’t making the playofffs so that makes it more impressive to me.

75. idle says:

Oh sure, Bergeron takes his time recovering from injury, lazes around not playing while the teams power play drifts off into obscurity but he can go ham it up at a collectables show with his buddy Richard?

What’s next… he goes skiing?

It’s a MAB MAB world.