Habs past, present featured at collectibles show

Canadiens Hall of Famer Henri Richard and current players Marc-André Bergeron and Benoit Pouliot are scheduled guests this coming weekend at a sports and toy collectibles sale and exhibition at Montreal’s Centre Pierre Charbonneau.

The Pocket Rocket will sign autographs Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with Bergeron and Pouliot scheduled to appear Sunday afternoon. Following Richard for 90 minutes Saturday afternoon will be Boston Bruins Hall of Fame goaltender Gerry Cheevers, who’s flying in for the occasion.

Full details below. Note that as is standard practice at events like this, there will be a charge for autographs apart from the admission fee.

This coming weekend’s show at Centre Pierre Charbonneau, Métro Viau in the shadow of Olympic Stadium:

1. Bugs says:

See? What do I know?

Thanks fer puttin the time in, Deuce.

Even less reason to make a fuss, Chris.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

L.B. Potter, esq. First Bugler of the St-Habberson’s Club Red Brigade and Head Coachman to the President of Habsbros Flannel-weaving Services: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

2. Harani says:

Eklund’s latest cook-up on Habs and Price. Let’s look at it just for the fun of it:

Rumor #1: Price would be dealt to Chicago for Patrick Sharp, Niemi, and a #3.
    Rumor #2: Price and a #3 would be dealt to Chicago for Seabrook, Crawford, and RPI’s Brandon Pirri.

What say you?

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

3. christophor says:

sorry, but from the quick reaction this attracted, it seems i’m on to something.

4. twocents says:

Welcome to the middle of the pack. They are all pressure games at this stage and have been since the Olympic break. Philly did the same thing tonight. But, I suspect if you were comparing us to Philly you’d go on about how superior they are.

Face it, they didn’t show up, but the Sens hadn’t for nearly ten games before that. It’s part of pro sports, teams don’t play well every game. What matters is what they do between now and the end of the season. And then it will matter what they do in the first round. Frankly, who gives a fuck if they lost to the Sens. Anyone who expected them to win every game from here on in is delusional. They’re not going to win all of the remaining nine games either, neither will 28 or 29 other teams.

5. ProHabs says:

Yup, she couldn’t stand watching his game in Montreal anymore than all of us could.

6. Harani says:

Hate to break to you but the Booins are a single point behind the us (the habs) with one game in hand. Not good! But maybe this pressure created by Atlanta and Boston will get our boys to play desperation hockey and start a win streak.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

7. SeriousFan09 says:

Down Goes Brown has a new post about the NHLPA dragging their feet on headshots, most of them I suspect are the real reasons, check it out.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

8. topher5468 says:

Minny is only 3 pts behind us,(I know its a differnt Conf) and i think their goalie Backstrom was out. without Lats, Minny would be in last place and not even close to a spot. I do however agree and I am glad we have Pouliot.

9. twocents says:

Pouliot got a point in Toronto. He’s gone one game without a point.

10. topher5468 says:

I wasn’t saying that at all, I said i like Benny too.

11. twocents says:

Pouliot has more points than Lats in his last 10 games. A ten game stretch where the Habs have gone from 11 place to as high as fifth. A stretch where games and points matter. He has delivered.

Are you seriously boo hooing because he didn’t get a point last night?

12. topher5468 says:

is that really true

13. piche says:

Latendresse in minny:  47GP, 24G, 10A, 34P:  .723 PPG (+4)

Benny in montreal:  30GP, 14G, 8A, 22P:  .733 PPG (+9)

Nothing to complain about here… neither were performing with the team they were playing for and both are performing now… and Benny has more upside.

14. topher5468 says:

Who’s hating on Pouliot, where did you read that. Not from me anyway.

15. Bugs says:

Who’s hatin? There’s just Timo, Chris. Hatin is what he does.

His team is last in the East; let’m have his fun where he can get it. I mean, Poulio goes two games without a point and it’s “suck, suck, suck!”? C’mon, Chris. Grain’a'salt here.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

16. badbalance says:

Pouliot has wayyyy more pressure in his longest season of his career. You see he’s trying but really playing under pressure. How can you even say Latendresse is more unreal than Pouliot, i mean probably never saw Pouliot play before the Sens game.. I think any player that plays on a line with Havlat would do good anyways.

17. ProHabs says:

Gui’s wife left him, she wasn’t fond of the wraparound.

18. topher5468 says:

IDN, I remember seeing a piece on him and his family on one of the sports shows. They just had a baby and lats discussed how having a baby changed his life. They looked pretty happy but who ever really knows anymore.

19. Bugs says:

Kinda like your post actually. But with more talent.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

20. ProHabs says:

Since when has Price been brilliant in the playoffs. He has had 1 good playoff game (game 7 against the Bruins). He has pretty well sucked every other game.

21. topher5468 says:

Well, maybe well find that out someday. They have great fan support and are not all that far off. They did lose Gaborik and were still competitive. I like that franchise and hope they do well. I always wanted to see a game there, but in the spring or fall, not the winter.

22. andrewberkshire says:

Didn’t his wife leave him last summer? I thought they were getting divorced.

23. andrewberkshire says:

He is doing well, but I can’t help but wonder how well he’ll do when there’s actual pressure on him, considering how terrible he performed under pressure here.

24. christophor says:

all this hating on pouliot is only because of lats. the whole team has sucked the last couple of games. lats would too if he were here for those, even in his new form.

25. topher5468 says:

No I hate the Leafs and would never admit to that. OK Thats your opinion, I respect that. Well I guess lats erarned himself a Contract then, Im glad for him and his beautiful wife.

26. topher5468 says:

True, listen I was just saying that I was impressed with Lats performance. You can’t help but notice how well he’s doing. Thats all

27. SeriousFan09 says:

Niemi picks up the win with Chicago tonight as they halt the Coyotes 9-game winning streak, Niemi had a great night and secured himself his 6th shutout of the season.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

28. topher5468 says:

Absolutely, well said,

29. andrewberkshire says:

Price has been both brilliant and awful in the playoffs. Latendresse has been nothing but crap when we’ve needed him to be an impact player.

30. andrewberkshire says:

So then you must be really impressed with the Maple Leafs every March.

It’s not impressive when players play hard when there’s no pressure to make the playoffs or win, they’re just playing for bigger contracts at the end of the year.

31. twocents says:

Fair enough, but I still think I would be more impressed if they were in the mix for the last couple of spots, like us, and Lats was still producing.

All said, I am impressed by Lats’s production, and pissed at him for not applying himself better here.

I am also very happy with what Pouliot has brought to this team.

32. topher5468 says:

Its still this year for lats, you guys just want to hate, do you feel the same way about our other goalie, who has totally sucked in the playoffs.

33. andrewberkshire says:

Agreed completely. We’ll see what Lats can do next year. As far as I’m concerned his playoff performances to date made him expendable anyway.

34. topher5468 says:

Yes, absolutely. It would have been real easy to mail it in and not care, it’s what we were used to from this guy. I think Minny is out of it but Im sure they don’t so there is pressure on them.

“When a player produces during games that matter and the pressure is on, is when a player matters.”

Of course that matters but I am always impressed when player plays hard when they probably won’t make it. Oh yea, with the fan support in Minny, there is always pressure, they have great fans.

35. SeriousFan09 says:

Beat him last time, he’s got over 65GP now and he’s really shown his age at this point in the year after his last several seasons. He’s not invincible anymore, just very well protected by the NJ trap.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

36. topher5468 says:

Yes, I have faith. Its all I have left at this point.

37. twocents says:

“Minny ain’t making the playoffs so that makes it more impressive to
    me.”

Why? Cause they and he can play all loosey goosey with no pressure, that makes it more impressive to you?

38. SeriousFan09 says:

Antti Niemi had his Wheaties this morning! Helping the Hawks hold a 2-0 lead with 10 left and making some nigh-impossible saves along the way.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

39. topher5468 says:

You what I think Timo, whenever I count this team out and think there are games they can’t win, they always suprise me. although winning in Buf is a rarity, we will be competitive. we will win on thurs and sat.

40. Nick_Habs1 says:

Is he liking the Montreal night life already timo?

41. king ddd says:

right on dude. i dont know why this happens to MTL, leclaire, ribeiro, now lats. geez why cant they play good for us.

jeez wait till the french media get on this if poouliot continues to suk and lats nets in about 35 goals

.::moen & georges for co-captains::.

42. SeriousFan09 says:

I don’t like Timo, I think he had his 15 minutes when we were on our 6-game winning streak, but has been ridiculously negative, is negative and will continue to be negative.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

43. topher5468 says:

On another sad note, another goal for latendresse, this guys been unreal. I like Benny but damn, Lats hasn’t slowed a bit and Minny ain’t making the playofffs so that makes it more impressive to me.

44. idle says:

Oh sure, Bergeron takes his time recovering from injury, lazes around not playing while the teams power play drifts off into obscurity but he can go ham it up at a collectables show with his buddy Richard?

What’s next… he goes skiing?

It’s a MAB MAB world.

45. twocents says:

1. If I were J. Martin and I knew who I would choose as captain, I would have done so already.

2. No one here could possibly approach this question credibly.

46. SlovakHab says:

It’s a traditional chant from 2001 when we won World Championship gold medal. Made up by drunken players during the celebration on the main square in our capital town.

47. Say Ash says:

I was at the Slovakia/Sweden quarterfinal last month. The whole game, the slovak fans in my section were yelling something like “Tiki, taki, tiki, taki, oy, oy, oy!” No idea what they were saying but they were WAY louder then the swedes…

48. wotever says:

I thought you were going to go something along the lines of, “Here I sit broken hearted…”

A little disappointed.

49. secretdragonfly says:

50. Bugs says:

I said reckon, didn’t I?

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

51. SlovakHab says:

Well I don’t care who starts tonight or who sucked 3.5 months ago. Just re-wrote the post I reacted on.

You can’t start a goalie based on a performance 3.5 months ago and you can’t write that 99% of the 6 goals were bad and make sense at the same time.

52. Drive_For_25 says:

JM – Hall Gill

Bouch – Mike Camalleri

53. lavie says:

Question:

1. If you were J Martin, which Hab would you choose as the C?

2. If you were G Boucher, which Hab would you choose as the C?

54. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

wow you can see into the future!!!
    Are we going to win the cup???
    DB

55. Bugs says:

Too be fair, he hadn’t played in 3′n’half weeks.

Halak has been number 1 for awhile. When you have a num1, it’s easier to pencil in starts.

This Buffaler game has been the Priceberg’s for a bit. I even mentioned last week that this game was his.

Reckon next time we’ll see’m after tonight will be Buffaler again in a week’n’ a half.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

56. HabsFansince49 says:

Have to agree with you on this one. Too late now to name a captain.  Just out of curiosity, is there any team sport that does not require captaincy designation?

57. Chuck says:

Dave, could going the year without a named captain have been a silent tip-of-the-cap to their last one?

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

58. Chuck says:

Face it; Halak sucked like a gaping chest wound that night. We were 10 minutes late getting to the game, and the Sabres were already up 3-0.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

59. Chuck says:

Where are you sitting? I’ll look for you!

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

60. HabsFansince49 says:

That’s what we’re here for – actually I had just woken up and wrote what I was thinking when I woke, Hardly mind-boggling

61. Habscat says:

I would love to be able to go to that card show. We don’t get many out here in Calgary. Not much history to celebrate I guess. :D

http://gushuecards.webs.com/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRRiyN3A0pg

62. ed lopaz says:

did you know that stephan lebeau is running the hockey program over at Bishops College?

also – years ago you might remember that he sprained an ankle and was sidelined for a quite a while.

that injury occured while playing racquet ball against the woman’s world champion – who was about 16 years old and a classmate of mine at the time.

just though you might like to know since you brought up his name.

very nice guy; class act.

63. SlovakHab says:

So he shouldn’t start against the Sabres because he didn’t play well against them 3.5 months ago and he let in 5.94 goals from his lack & of rebound control that night and only 0.06 goals Buffalo scored on him that night were good goals?

64. Say Ash says:

Gill + MAB = Chara?

65. jimmy shaker says:

He’s basically the opposite of hal gill, but with the way better contract as you stated.  So we have gill with no offensive abilities and MAB with no defensive abilities, put’em together and they would make for a pretty solid 2 way defender at very decent mill per year contract.  If push came to shove, I would take MAB over Gill.  MAB did have a good +/- last year though (i know it was under lemaire and the wild’s put you to sleep defensive system)

Shaker

66. Natrous says:

Cool! I’ll be on the lookout (obviously) :)

67. Natrous says:

Bad wireless or itchy trigger finger? (Double post)

68. Say Ash says:

Who’s down with MAB? Yeah, you know me! And I’m pretty sure Timo.

69. Natrous says:

Just like Huet, right?

70. habs11s says:

I really can’t stand MAB, he can’t play defense, can’t hit…. the only thing good is his contract and his shot, easily replaceable for either A. someone who can play on the 4th line or B. someone who can actually play defense

or whynot get AK46 to actually shoot and put him on the point

IMHO

___________________________________________________________________________

71. jimmy shaker says:

I came across it while reading on the rds site….it was in the topic titled something like “canadiens going for 3rd place”  Mind you it was translated from french to english for me, so there may be some parts missing.  But what I read and understood from the article, was that carey was fretting new all white equipment.  I mentioned it before a couple of days ago, and a couple people replied that they thought they did see price while on the bench decked out in white.  SO, I’m almost sure he’ll be sporting the white’s tonight, but I could be wrong.

Shaker

72. Natrous says:

New white gear?? Any links/pics?

73. jimmy shaker says:

Can’t wait to see #47 Stephan Lebeau back in there tonight….it’s been a long time…..I mean MAB!

Shaker

74. jimmy shaker says:

How do you guys think Carey and his new white equipment will fair tonight against Miller and the rest of the jabrone’s from buffalo?  I’m not sure who I hate more….Ruff, Roy or Jeanneret!

Shaker

75. Harani says:

(Repost)

On a side note, I just found out about an info that may interest many of you. The ice the Habs use to practice at the Bell Sports Complex is available to the public everyday except Sunday at certain times until April 9th. All you need to do is bring your skates and hop on the ice. If you are are Brossard Servicarte holder, it’s free, if not it’s only 3$. (It would cool to bring little kids, let them watch the Habs practice earlier in the day and then have them go out on the ice. I know I would be flipping out at such an opportunity.

• Monday 15 h 30 à 18 h 00
    • Tuesday 13 h 30 à 15 h 30
    • Wednesday 13 h 30 à 18 h 00
    • Thursday 13 h 30 à 15 h 30
    • Friday  13 h 30 à 15 h 30

“I gotta a feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

76. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Harani, you even met Cammalleri! WOW! ~ faints~

77. Captain aHab says:

This may be old news but just read an article in yesterday’s La Presse talking about 2 scouts saying that David Fischer has had a stinker of a year. Both doubt he’ll make the NHL unless Boucher works miracles with him. They say the HC at Minny is absolutely horrid.

78. Harani says:

Too many people pushing and stupid fence wouldn’t let me get close to be with him but I’ve met him a couple of times, really sweet. And he’s so hot in that pic!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

79. yathehabsrule says:

I had the chance to meet the Pocket Rocket as well as Habs/Leafs HOFer ahem Richard Duff a few weeks ago in Toronto. Well worth the $$ for the autograph, photo op and have a few words with both.

That said, for all you Toronto-area Habs fans, Dickie Moore ($29) and Yvon Lambert ($20) will be at AJ Sportsworld in Vaughan this Saturday at 1pm. The Leafs Darryl Sittler will also be there.

Hmmmmm HIO’s screening system won’t allow mw to type Dick, but it allows Dickie. LOL

___________________________________________

Ya! The Habs Rule! now on Twitter!

80. MS.31 says:

Damn Harani, Cammy looks good on your profile pic! ;)

81. Harani says:

I almost drooled when you see him up that close! His looks are soo underrated! Here’s hoping that it sends the good vibes to him like it did when I put Halak’s pic during the Olympics and O’B took off on a good run when I put it up.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

82. king ddd says:

in other news.. the CAPS players maybe on roids.. lmao this explains ovechkin’s wicked body checks.. just once , just once i want some one to own him with an open ice  a la scott stevens!(however hoping he doesnt end up like lindros)

.::moen & georges for co-captains::.

83. Da Hema says:

I wonder whether there is a way for Pocket Rocket to sell his will to win to the current Habs players? I would even be prepared to pony up the cash!

————————

“There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge….”

–Hunter S. Thompson

84. Harani says:

Blue Jackets let in three SHG within 8 minutes. One by Kovalchuk and two by Zajac. What PP they have! And Steve Mason’s woes continue, is he the next Raycroft or something?

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

85. SeriousFan09 says:

Surprised Kovalchuk is playing the penalty kill, I’ve always thought of him as a purely offensive player, Lemaire must be trying to exploit his skills for more defensive purposes, that or Lemaire knows just how much the Jackets PP sucks.

Mason, I don’t know, the dreaded sophmore slump? See what happens next year I think.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

86. Harani says:

Mason…Idk coz from what I’ve seen from him this season, he seems to have completely forgotten how play goal at times. It’s really mindboggling how a guy can go from having such an amaizing season to being totally horrendous.

Yea, Kovalchuk playing the PK is indeed news.But I saw him do it last week as well maybe Lemaire wants to test it out. No harm I guess.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

87. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

Harani I envy the time you spend with Habs..he is yummy!

If I ever make it to Montreal for a game, will you take me to the place where you meet all those Habs? lol

88. MS.31 says:

Yah I saw him once up close but in his uniform, I know he looks so much better dressed casually!! and gosh his killer smile is irresistible!!ahhhh i’m so jealous of you!! this was at brossard right?!! do the other players stop by too?!

89. MS.31 says:

haha can I come too!? :P

90. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

ok let’s make it a girl’s night out! sounds like fun to me!

91. Harani says:

Sure! I can take u there. I live 5 minutes away from the practice facility. And yes, EVERYONE stops on non game-days. A couple stop on game-days but I think most of them follow a strict routine and don’t stop after morning skates. You’d be surprised how nice the guys are up close. Halak is a total sweetie pie, Spacek is hilarious!….if ever you’re heading to Mtl, let me know

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

92. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

Oh I will definitely take you up on that one! Lucky girl lives in Montreal and five minutes away from the training facility! I live in Edmonton…Oilers yuck! lol

93. MS.31 says:

oh snap, you live all the way in Edmonton eekk! lol and yes harani I met halak once for like 1 minute and he is indeed a sweety pie! he made my heart melt because he was so nice!! LOL and gosh, you are lucky 5 minutes away from the complex! have you met carey?! i heard he’s a little snobby! lol

94. Harani says:

I’m afraid that what you heard about Carey is indeed true. Comes off as a little rude or like he doesnt wanna be there but he gets jumped on a lot…i’m telling u…some people are sooo weird! *sigh*

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

95. Nick_Habs1 says:

So the Habs can finish 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th!

Where in the standings do you guys think the habs will be in?

96. topher5468 says:

Dean Brown is a A hole, that was a goal, I hate Ottawa

97. Nick_Habs1 says:

Dean Brown is pro sens…What do you expect???

98. Danno says:

Those guys are blind. When they said I can’t see white between the puck; it was quite obvious.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

99. topher5468 says:

Yea I know but I still don’t like him, or Garry Galley either but at least galley was objective on that play, I thought it was a goal, did you see it.

100. MS.31 says:

heck yeah, this guy is pimpin’! gotta admit he’s sexy there right?!! haha no worries no homo in ur case right?!! :P