Habs past, present featured at collectibles show

Canadiens Hall of Famer Henri Richard and current players Marc-André Bergeron and Benoit Pouliot are scheduled guests this coming weekend at a sports and toy collectibles sale and exhibition at Montreal’s Centre Pierre Charbonneau.

The Pocket Rocket will sign autographs Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with Bergeron and Pouliot scheduled to appear Sunday afternoon. Following Richard for 90 minutes Saturday afternoon will be Boston Bruins Hall of Fame goaltender Gerry Cheevers, who’s flying in for the occasion.

Full details below. Note that as is standard practice at events like this, there will be a charge for autographs apart from the admission fee.

This coming weekend’s show at Centre Pierre Charbonneau, Métro Viau in the shadow of Olympic Stadium:

1. habs11s says:

Pumped to see the boys live for the first time this season and rocking my SK74 jersey…. please dont embarass me habs, especially in Buffalo…

___________________________________________________________________________

2. avatar_58 says:

Yes because anyone would REALLY give a damn….AFTER THEY WIN THE CUP. :)

3. sholi2000.com says:

What were you’re feelings after the Olympic break?  Are you one of these fans who turns coat after every little loss?

I’m not.

If you were to watch the Flyers in Oct-Dec you would have been saying that they are the joke of the league.

They call me Shane

4. sholi2000.com says:

It;s just a letter now.  It won’t make them play any better.  When the young guys have problems they go to their pals.

Maybe Mtl will resign Koivu and slap the C make on him lol.

They call me Shane

5. badbalance says:

Confident with both goalies in Net! Cammy and Bergie back. Should be a good one. Maybe we can get another streak back on track and win the rest of these games.

6. sholi2000.com says:

He didn’t start against Boston so you can throw that theory out the window.

He should start against Florida.  It’s been two weeks since his last start.

Let Halak play the top notch Sabres.

They call me Shane

7. badbalance says:

I still haven’t got a chance to see a full healthy Habs team play but I would still go with the Habs. 2 losses in a row after 6 wins in a row won’t make me start liking the flyers and making me wish we were them.

It’s always like this, I bet while the habs were on a roll, you would be posting on the wall about how much you love this team.

What you can do though, is write a song about it, you know, follow Jonathan Roy’s path  Mr. Musician. Maybe make a band since you guys are technically 2 different people, Kyle and Jimmy.

Cammy, Pleka, AK ,Gomez, Gionta and Pouliot and SK over Flyers any day anyways! And Halak and Price over Leighton and Emery any day too.

Hate them or love them, They are our team, and each have shown more heart than the Flyers all season long.

8. smiler2729 says:

Why “name” a captain? Why not have the players vote for their captain? They’ve known all along which player or players were the leaders on and off the ice, let ‘em decide on one or is that too old fashioned??

What happens if the Habs find themselves a la ’93 at center ice accepting a Stanley Cup in June with no captain? THAT would be embarrassing.

9. habs_agardiner says:

Game tonight will be interesting. I gues price starts because of his stats against Buffalo! Can’t wait!

10. Say Ash says:

I learn so much here.

11. badbalance says:

All the teams would pick on us, out muscle us and all, we had to step up a bit and put some physical in our game. Don’t count suspensions, Carter was supposed to get a few games but didn’t for an almost season ending injury. Even Briere used to be a clean and great hockey player until he joined the flyers, he became dirty by playing the flyer’s style of hockey and his production went down. Dirty doesn’t only mean getting suspended by the way, it’s the way the team is told to play which is part of their so called “Physical style of play” system. I wouldn’t be surprised if the coach ever told a flyer to go out and just injure a player.

Look at the flyers in the past 10 years, they’ve always been dirty and try to tank their way to the cup.

12. idle says:

At this point I agree Dave.  I’m a bit surprised that the team could not have found a captain at some time during the season.  I thought maybe when Markov first came back and scored all those points in a short period of time, or when Cammalleri was on one of his lenghty scoring streaks or when Gionta was putting his never die attitude to use at times when the team really needed it.

Does the fact that they did not name one mean that they want to offer it to Plekanec but are not sure if he will be back next year?

It’s a MAB MAB world.

13. CanadienBoy says:

Going back to bed , thank a lot !

14. Dave Stubbs says:

Should have had a captain months ago. But to name one now suggests panic. A guy wearing a C for nine games won’t make a difference. Come to camp next year with one.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

15. SeriousFan09 says:

Hmmm, Norris-quality defencemen making another defencemen look much better than he is, it seems we Montrealers have heard this story before.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

16. SeriousFan09 says:

Briere’s made of glass, Gagne’s injuries left him ineffective this season (again), Hartnell is a human wasteland, Carcillo’s a jerk, Richards tried to take off Booth’s head.

There’s a few guys I wouldn’t want on our roster right there. Take Carter, Coburn and JVR, but I’d also take Backstrom, Ovechkin, Laich, Fleischmann, Semin and Knuble.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

17. HabsFansince49 says:

Here we sit on Wed. morning in 7th place

Sens played 74 and have 83 points

Flyers played 73 and have 79 points

Habs played 73 and have 79 points

Bruins played 72 and have 78 points

Thrashers played 73 and have 75 points (and at this point, out of playoffs)

I have been accused of “fanatical fandom”, but this is just sense & sensibility: we need to put wins together as we did after Olympic break. Otherwise we won’t be in the playoffs or just as bad face Washington and get annihilated.

18. jimhasbeen says:

i agree wholeheartedly

not having a captain is like waving the white flag

how many teams win without one?

any reason/excuse i hear to explain our lack of captain is bullpoo

19. howtathor says:

The Sens played the same game they did against Montreal. Clogging the shooting lanes and letting Andy Sutton loose to raise heck. Watching the Flyers’ PP was reminiscent of Monday night. No shots getting to the net! Looks like the Sens have woken up. It’s unfortunate that we don’t have a D man like Sutton or Pronger who can throw the body around. I think Gainey was hoping Gill would fill that role but he’s more of a gentle giant and a good screen too. Where was the pro scouting on that one, Pierre Guathier?

20. SlovakHab says:

Glen Hanlon to coach Team Slovakia.

Any thoughts?

21. G-Man says:

If you’re thinking, “man it’d be cool to be a flyers fan,” you are already one. Enjoy goon hockey with a couple of goals by Gagné and Briere, Richards and Carter. BTW, their goaltending sucks wind and their D is terrible. Enjoy it while you can; they are getting their golf clubs out.

22. jimhasbeen says:

dude, montreal players have gotten suspended more than philly this year.  laraque and lapierre for dirtier hits than richards–open ice hits always look bad and end up bad, but they are within the rules.

im not comparing fans, i’m comparing players, and they have the superior roster (sans goalies of course)

23. jimhasbeen says:

but which healthy roster would you rather have in the playoffs?

24. habzfan2003 says:

Can we please name a captain for this final stretch…? I’d accept cammy even if it was temporary or permanent… I really would like to see someone driving the ship!

25. badbalance says:

Not really, We’re tied with flyers with half a roster all season.

26. badbalance says:

lol flyers have heart… Comment of the day right here. If you think jumping off your feet to elbow someone in the face is brave and for the pride of the team? How many more players do the flyers have to cowardly injure……. The flyers fans cheer more for fights and checks than they do for goals.. You really wanna become a flyers fan?

27. jimhasbeen says:

lame………..excuse

im just sayin wouldn’t you rather have guys like

carter

richards

briere

hartnell

gagne

giroux

van riems

coburn

carcillo

laperriere (not to be confused with his polar opposite–yapierre)

28. naweed235 says:

im sorry for u if u think the way flyers play means they have more heart than the habs… Having a heart to me means getting through a season filled with rediculous injuries (all of whom were key players) and still be in the playoff race at this time of the year unlike 50% of other teams that are not…

not to mention that this was pretty much a team whose core was built from scratch last summer…

nuff said…

29. Say Ash says:

Tenth overall, and I think Getzlaf went 19th. It’s a crapshoot. Didn’t Zetterberg go, like, 200th?

30. andrewberkshire says:

Price was 20-22 over his Habs career, and outplayed a veteran Huet as a rookie. He’s also won a playoff series which Huet is incapable of doing.

31. jimhasbeen says:

man just saw the sens/flyers highlights…

only one thing comes to mind–we have no balls,heart,guts anything.

i actually caught myself thinking, man it’d be cool to be a flyers fan.

call em goons, call em bullies–i call them brave soldiers that would do anything for the pride of the team.

or maybe i just hate ottawa…haha

32. andrewberkshire says:

Keith makes Seabrook. 2 years ago Chicago was shopping Seabrook for a 3rd round pick.

33. Xtrahabsfan says:

HabfaninVictoria….did you notice that the only time you  post is to slag someone,wtfiwwy?Grow up!

34. Xtrahabsfan says:

35. christophor says:

oh you flatter me, bugs. i’ll sleep easier now.

36. Bugs says:

I asked about your intent when I said “what game you playin at”. You didn’t answer.

I know you didn’t mean hate when you said hate. Just stayin with the lingo is all.

I know you’re not a conspirator. In fact, you’re aces in my book, I don’t mind tellin ya.

Perfectly honest misperception. Happens to all of us, me more often than most. Glad we got it all cleared up.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

L.B. Potter, esq. First Bugler of the St-Habberson’s Club Red Brigade and Head Coachman to the President of Habsbros Flannel-weaving Services: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

37. Bugs says:

Strange then that Huey’s record with us is 58-39-13 for a 53% winning percentage and the Kid’s is 47-28-13 for a 53% winning percentage. Exactly identical.

Strange that this crystal balling only goes one way…

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

38. christophor says:

ok. you win, bugs. the comments in my head that led me to write are indeed from a narrow source as you say. not so general

just know that a person you disagree with isn’t always a conspirator. perhaps an honest misperception. the simplest explanation is usually more likely, yes?

just like my “hate” was the wrong idea, your “fabrication” is too. call me incorrect, not a fabricator. there is intent behind fabrication.

39. crabvader says:

Chicago wants to overpay for Price? Let em!

Seabrook is worth muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh more than that.

40. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

I have to disagree with you here. Chicago’s defense is much better than ours and a goalie will naturally excel under a better defensive system. I’d expect Price’s stats to be much better in Chicago than what they’re right now. Not just Price, let’s take Halak for example. He has a .923 save percentage with a team that has a fairly mediocre defense. They have been improving over the course, but my point is that Halak’s save percentage would be easily higher than 93% in Chicago.

Plus Chicago has better offense, so the goalies get a lot more support from their team than compared to Montreal.

41. andrewberkshire says:

Difference being that Huet isn’t a good goalie.

42. Bugs says:

Disagree.

While some critics have been heard against’m; it’s nothing compared to the respect he gets from most posters here. Like me.

Just because we don’t feel the need to stamp it down everyday doesn’t mean the opposite is taking precedence. Guy hasn’t gone two games without a point since he popped his first one ferpetessakes; hate now is the summum of foolishness. Even the fools are aware of that.

Oh, and those quotes you used? Both said by Timo. Perspective there for ya, Chris. One person is hardly a “general tendency”, I’m sure you agree.

To recap: as a “general tendency”? My boy Poulio hasn’t gotten ANY hate yet.

So no need to fabricate any just so’s you can be against it.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

43. andrewberkshire says:

He played pretty great in game 7 of that series, and his first 25 or so starts last season.

44. ProHabs says:

Poor little Carey wouldn’t last a week in Chicago. The fans there would chew him up and spit him out so fast that his head would be spinning. He would be flipping the Chicago faithful the 1 figure salute by the end of the first period of his first game. He would be wishing his was back in Montreal riding the pine.

45. ProHabs says:

He could have been but we chose AK46 instead. WOW

46. naweed235 says:

i’d love to see Parise in a Habs jersey… this kid is just something else… WOW

47. christophor says:

oh come now. “hate” is too strong, yes. a stretch from “critical of”. i exaggerated more than a bit to make my point, and that is why timo and chris took it to be too much. fair. consider that revision and my point stands.

it HAS been a general tendency to criticize the guy, even recently. hence the defensive replies to my comment from our fellow fans. the comments go something like: “pouliot is invisible lately”, “his real self has shown up”, etc. this very night. dont make me do the research. the appeal to days past was supposed to bring to mind that general tendency we are both aware of and the initial comment was triggered by more recent comments that continued that pattern.

fortunately, i do not take the time to scroll back to read past days’ comments and then reply randomly.

48. Bugs says:

Whereas Huey was doomed to fail going to a team like that?

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

49. Bugs says:

Lemme see if I get this straight: when you say “What’s up with such’n’such?”, it could mean something you read four days back? And the rest of us are supposed to KNOW this?

Hey, no one told me there was supposed to be mind-readin goin on here; what the hell?

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

50. Mr.Hazard says:

Chicago would be like a dream place for Price to be. He would flourish.

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

51. Bugs says:

That’s funny, I heard she left cuz he wouldn’t stay in the crease.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

52. christophor says:

oh i mean more generally. people have been commenting over the last few days. after each of the last two games especially.

i should have been clear on that. i dont always have the luxury of keeping an eye on HIO minute by minute.

anyways, i’m defending the guy. lets agree there.

53. Bugs says:

And then he shanked that play with Lapierre…

And he’s never been the same since.

My boy the Priceberg has melted and has yet to reform, pains me to say.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

54. Bugs says:

But…YOU’RE the one that brought up “all the hatin on my boy Poulio” where there was none apart from Timo, Chris.

YOU’RE the one joinin the fabricatin club. That’s what folks were pointin out to ya.

Say, what game you playin at?

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

55. andrewberkshire says:

Neither of those deals are enough, and neither help us out of our salary cap situation.

56. SeriousFan09 says:

I like Detroit quite a bit, their fans can be a bit much but honestly, we have a pretty bad section of our fan base as well so it’s hard to really hold that one over them. I look forward to them upsetting some top seeds in the playoffs, they’ve got insane amounts of playoff experience and the best coach in the NHL.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

57. andrewberkshire says:

The first 4 games of the Boston series in 07-08 Price had a .957 save percentage and a 1.20 GAA.

58. avatar_58 says:

Could be worse guys. We could be the Flames – so close yet so far away EVERY game. I hope they beat out Detroit because I hate that team so much. (Well mostly it’s fans)

59. Bugs says:

Rumour #4: Eklund has Gauthier sending sleet and hail over to Gillis in exchange for a public inquiry into the Quebec construction industry.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

60. christophor says:

..yes, thats exactly right. my point is that pouliot is a.o.k.

others’ fabrication is what i’m on to.

the general response to my first comment was to deny that there are people fabricating pouliot facts, but now you acknowledge that there are some folks here who do just that.

the boy is gonna be fine, i say.

61. Harani says:

Jersey Foul just for Timo. I’m sure that’s him!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

62. ProHabs says:

Rumor #3: According to Eklund, Pierre Gauthier is begging George Laroque to return to the team to help the Habs out during the stretch drive.

63. SeriousFan09 says:

I say Eklund needs to change his medication.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

64. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Hey Timo! Long time man. Haha, don’t worry, the next time Flames fans bother you by mentioning the Habs, you should mention the Stajan deal right away. 4.5 Million…4 years…tsk tsk. Or maybe the Toskala deal. tsk tsk.

Oh, or maybe – make them feel jealous about our team. After all, they never got to experience Brisebois’s amazing outlet pass and his breezy hair. Aah..very refreshing! Full Breezer for life.

65. HabsFanInVictoria says:

You are everything wrong with this world.  It makes me sad that you are one of us (apparently).

66. Bugs says:

Sayin my boy has more talent than you? Sorry.

Indeed, you’re much better than him at saying “suck, suck, suck”.

Apologies. Shouldna gotten personal.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

67. Bugs says:

What? Fabrication?

Bah, plenty of folks have been on to that for a while here.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as