Habs opt for rest, Auld vs. Theo Sunday

HalGillBlues

Canadiens coach Jacques Martin decided that rest was more important than practice and he scrubbed a scheduled workout at the University of Minnesota today. Martin said there will be some relief for tomorrow’s game against the Minnesota Wild. Defenceman Hal Gill returns to the lineup after missing two games with the flu.

Jose Theodore is scheduled to start in goal for the Wild and he’ll be looking for his first win against his former team. He’s 0-4 against Montreal. It’s expected he’ll face Alex Auld, who made 18 of 19 saves in his relief appearance of Carey Price in New York on Friday.

1. EricMelvin says:

Broons getting blown out in the 1st. What could happen here? Hmmm…

2. ZepFan2 says:

Umm, I suggest you get rid of this from the rules, lest you want the wrath of the Habs.

The Rules
    Habs Inside/Out encourages lively debate

I miss the old site already…:(

3. filincal says:

how is it that I can put my avatar up?

4. jimmy shaker says:

let’s see here, did it work?

shaker

5. larisalapointe says:

What happened to Bold, Italic, etc..?

6. filincal says:

Cherry you CLOWN!!! get off the Subban hate train already. Take a look at your backyard first (Marchand you wuss). How about commenting on all the cheap shots he’s givin’ and all the crap he’s talked off the ice (which IMO is alot more ‘disrespectful’).
    It’s fine to be bias, but c’mon you’ll geezer; does it have to be so obvious?

7. Psycho29 says:

When I go to they “gravatar” section and plug in my logon and password, I get :
    “You do not have the permissions required to access this Web site. Please contact the Web site administrator.”

Does anyone have Mike Boone’s cell phone number?? :-)

Let me know when I can enjoy again by e-mailing me please. For now I am out of here!

Work, not fun anymore.

9. Itsik says:

So … Cherry vs Subban … Again!
    Let the kid play it’s so tiring

10. habsfansince91 says:

not liking the change very much

11. canadiens26 says:

I am not against change. I am simply against poor change and this new site is just that.

When you click onto someones name or avatar, nothing!
    How do we know who we are talking to.?
    Is there still a profile place Somewhere on people?

• shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

I’m as lost as you are Ian, its’ all too much for me, don’t know if I’ll ever get used to this…frustrating the hell out of me at the moment !

13. larisalapointe says:

I am testing things. ;)

14. filincal says:

Here we go…

15. EricMelvin says:

It’s a WordPress blog, so it is highly customizable, and I agree that the place could use some sprucin’ up. A background would be nice, game-worn ice maybe? Also I miss the ‘Jump to’ to get to the comment block from way up here.

16. Everlasting1 says:

I predict record posts..just from the griping :)

Is there another site we can all go to. To frustrating for me.!

Can anyone walk me slowly in putting up my avatar. I have tried to figure it out for hours.
    I am logged it to the site, OK, but when I go to the place where you sign in for your avatar. It won’t accept my password. And I only have one e-mail. Also is there a place to have a profile.?

This is my last try. To tecky for me.

Ian

19. SeriousFan09 says:

So far, can’t find a fellow Habs fan on Twitter who likes this thing. Gazette ever think of running a preview to see if everyone they’re trying to attract detests the site design?

20. Mark C says:

Haha, way to go Lucic.

21. Danno says:

This change has been done in the interests of the corporations who call the shots in spite of what the people think.

It’s an outrage really.

Hockey Inside Out is to Habs Inside Out is what the Bell Centre is to the Montreal Forum.

What a shame.

22. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

Anyone else watching the leafs game and cheering for them (Gag).
    ————————————————————-
    Do you like the new site?

23. Danno says:

This site change has hit the Commentariat like a cyber head shot.
    First the name change. Which we totally hate.
    And now a sterile, creepy looking page.
    Whoever is behind this is making a big mistake.
    It’s been a bad month for Habs fans for many different reasons.

Can somebody out there please stop the madness?

24. jennifer1984 says:

i do not like this new layout either. at all

25. Keith says:

I really don’t like this at all. Did the Canadien’s complain about the use of the word “Habs” or something?

26. Danno says:

Another thing. You can’t edit your comments anymore.

27. SeriousFan09 says:

Can’t say I like this site scheme, AT ALL.

28. Danno says:

I don’t like this. I don’t like it one bit.
    Why is it anything good never lasts for very long anymore?
    Why?
    Maybe it will grow on me.
    Probably not.
    *sigh*

29. Thomas says:

The new site has a weird feel to it, feels kinda of like a lego themed hockey page. Has a cheap feel to it, not a fan…

30. G-Man says:

Must say the plain white background looks like shyte. Jazz it up- like a little res, white and blue- or have the Habs ( can I say that?) trademarked that, too?

31. Favorite Son says:

lol I see nobody likes change.

32. Corporate says:

I like the look of the site, I just liked the onld comments section a lot more. I think there will be a lot less posts in the future. my opinion only.

• Bill J says:

I think for sure, an adjustment period.

I also think some will protest, some for good & some will return.

Eh well, so far doesn’t look too bad with a few tweaks could be better in my opinion.

33. jimmy shaker says:

My Larsson avatar hasn’t worked yet!!!!! What’s going on here? Urge to kill, rising, rising!

Shaker

34. frank81 says:

I like the new layout. The name sucks, though.

35. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

Couldn’t find my old photo of spock in a habs jersey

36. ShangaDoo says:

I’m not really feeling this whole thing. I do not see where I get to login in unless I want to post a comment.
    Methinks it needs some color and Boone needs a new avatar…longer page for comments. I can only see a few at a time.

I think it’s time for another survey boys! Listen to the People

• habs-hampton says:

I agree. I don’t know how to signon unless I post a comment. The name has to change. This is not a hockey site, it is a habs site. We don’t want Bruin or Leaf fans here, or other kinds of trolls either. Does the team really have exclusive rights to the word “habs”? Are we still allowed to chant “Go Habs Go”, or do we need to sign some kind of a waiver first?

37. PrimeTime says:

Much cleaner and faster than old site. Better look for the blackberry as well. Can’t wait for more improvements!

38. StevieRay says:

I was told I was posting comments to fast ….slow down ,,,eh ! don’t sas me !

39. EricMelvin says:

Now let’s see if it can keep up with full-on, game-time, ‘OMG did you see
    that…’, server-overloading madness. I’m thinking the 24th should be a good test.

p.s. Gravatar on?

40. the_larry says:

This is depressing. Iv been with HIO almost since the day it started, way back when. I have been there/here every step of the way with all of the changes, additions, and the way the site has grown and I feel like I have a personal connection with it. But now, with this huge change, I feel like the thing I am so fond of has now grown up to be unrecognizable and not for the better.

I will continue to come here on a daily basis to check on my Habs (if Im allowed to use that word now) information, but it will take a long time to get used to these changes and I feel as if the site popularity may decline because of this.

41. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

I am not liking this new site, I have no idea what to do. Gonna take some getting used to….why why…did you do this to us, I’m afraid to log out for Christs sake !

42. Mattyleg says:

..and my comment just went on a separate page.

…whhhaaaaa?

43. Mattyleg says:

This seems pretty good, apart from the stupid avatar thing.
    I don’t want to let another website “manage” my avatar. I only want to use my Habs one for this site.

And there isn’t a log-on link on the homepage.

44. J.J. of Turku says:

Hmmmm.. Hope there is changes coming to this site. Would be nice to check other posters profiles and signature would be cool too. At least my signature doesn’t work. And I’m still horrified about my spelling, cause I can’t edit it if I type wrong…

45. ari says:

what was exactly wrong with last lay-out?

46. t1tan5 says:

Interesting new layout. It will take a bit of time to re-acquaint myself with the site, but I think I’ll like it eventually!

47. chanchilla says:

should take some time getting used to, maybe it’ll look nicer once that happens

48. habsgod says:

man this is going to take some time to get use to this new site

49. Ferguson-22 says:

I see that our images have been removed. Some of you have them. I don’t see a place to add an image in the profile – or have I missed something? Can someone please advise? Thanks.

50. Testing. This looks like the AlsInsideOut template.. I miss old HIO

51. LA Loyalist says:

Ok this is weird. Maybe we all create new identities that contain “Habs”. Just to make a point. I’m doing LA Habs Loyalist if I can figure out how :) as for abbatoirs… One thing at a time

52. habstrinifan says:

HA HA! Thought ya could get rid of me eh? Not that Easy! Up and move just like that!
    Well Mom and Dad tried that.. didnt work then ..didnt work now.
    Here I am.

53. LizardKing1967 says:

New site looks good. Finally figured out Gravatar.

54. Habnofear says:

Bettman is responsible for this…..

55. Well, I don’t like the new name. But I do like the new set-up quite a bit, much cleaner. Good stuff overall.

56. JohnBellyful says:

MONTREAL – The National Hockey League Players’ Association announced today it intends to decertify.

“We got a letter from the Montreal Canadiens Alumni Association saying we can no longer use the word ‘association’,” said a source at the NHLPA. “You don’t mess with the Canadiens.”

The move to decertify caught the putative head of the players’ association, Donald Fehr, by surprise. He admitted he knew nothing about what had taken place, saying he is still getting up to speed on hockey – “or ‘shanny’ as you Canadians like to call it” – but he said it’s proving harder than he anticipated.

“The double switch in baseball I can understand but delayed offside? It’s like suspending time,” Fehr said.

The NHLPA source, representing a cabal of players “acting in the best interests of the sport,” said the association, “which is to be referred to as the group from now on until the ice chips settle,” plans to explore all options “as it re-associations, I mean, regroups.”

Those options include reforming into many smaller unions, representing different factions in the NHL. The finesse athletes, for example, could form their own guild of mostly European players but with some Canadian content. The enforcers are looking at setting up the Tough, Hardworking, Unabashed Guardians Society (THUGS). The majority of players are expected to sign up with the Sweater Fillers.

The source said Sean Avery and Matt Cooke would likely have to represent themselves. The Teamsters have already put the word out they’re not interested, saying they have their members to think of.

Decertification could turn out to be a good thing for the players, the source said, pointing out the NFL union has chosen to go that route to extract more money from the most profitable sport on earth.

“We’ll come at them from so many fronts, the owners won’t know what hit them,” the source said.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman agreed, saying team owners “fear their pockets will be picked by the divide-and-conquer approach adopted by the players.”
    Bettman put up a brave front, however, sporting a wide grin as he made his comments.

57. Spartan117 says:

habsinsideout2.com

58. Storm Man says:

Welcome to Habs insideout….. How much do i have to pay Molson for that?

59. Ron in Ottawa says:

This is horrible. Not a comment anywhere about last night’s game. Besides, who says you can’t use the word “habs.”

60. G-Man says:

I am posting too quickly. Real smart- let’s change things WHEN THEY ARE NOT READY. Doh! Gigantic Homerism.

• Fiat says:

Longtime Habs fan been watching since the days of Boom Boom,Harvey,Plante ,Richards, Moore,am from Danny Gallivan’s home province same one where Beliveau come from . Sydney Crosby was in minor hockey same rink as my son,s in Cole Harbour .Just signed up to the revised site …..i am opinionated and will contribute going forward .My biggest question within the next few months is ARE THEY GOING TO WAIVE GOMEZ TO THE DOGS this summmer ?

61. jbroderi says:

I think a rest would be more help than anything. Hopefully we’ll get some help from the leafs and Sens tonight and tomorrow can be a mulligan on the NYR game!!

62. habsfan2442 says:

Well, this will take some time to get used to… Lets give the boys a chance before bighting there heads off.. Gshh .. Atleast we can go to this site.. think about aother parts of the world that have real issues..

63. teecee says:

I like it. It looks cleaner than Zdeno Chara’s rap sheet.

64. filincal says:

Hmmm…change is good i guess. Altleast that’s what they say.

65. G-Man says:

Well, this looks like shit? wtf did they do?

66. Rugger says:

Must say, i do not like the new format. Will take some getting used to.

67. PrimeTime says:

can we reverse comment order to lastest first?

68. Klondike Habs Fan says:

I dont like this…. where am I?

69. Bill J says:

“You are posting comments too quickly. Slow down.”

WTF ? lol

& why can’t we edit our posts ?

70. ooder says:

weiiiiiiiiiiiiiirddd!

71. RetroMikey says:

How do we update our profile here?

• db says:

Im not sure we can update it… all I can seem to do is create a new log in or create a new one.

I was looking at an old post on habsinsideout… but when I clicked change profile it just sends me to a 404 – Page not found on hockeyinsideout.

Bugs follow change..

• Kevin Mio says:

You can modify your profile by clicking your username above the “leave a Comment” box, where it says “logged in as ‘your username’ “. Just click on your username, and you will be brought to the screen where you can edit your profile.