Habs’ Gorges scores in OT for fantasy win over Senators

Gorgesweb

Suffering Canadiens withdrawal? The Gazette has the answer with the ultimate fantasy experience as beat writer Pat Hickey and Gazette techie Eric Tobon employ EA Sports NHL 13 to produce The Season That Isn’t. Here’s how things might have looked in Wednesday night’s game between the Canadiens and Senators in Ottawa:

PAT HICKEY
THE GAZETTE

OTTAWA - Josh Gorges scored at 2:49 of overtime to give the Canadiens a come-from-behind 4-3 win over the Ottawa Senators Wednesday night at Scotiabank Place.

“I saw Max (Pacioretty) driving hard and I just tried to get the puck on net and hope that he had a chance for a rebound,” Gorges said. “I’m not sure how it went in. I think it might have hit one of their defencemen, but it doesn’t matter as long as it goes in.”

The Canadiens went into the third period trailing 3-1, but Rene Bourque scored at 4:58 and Travis Moen forced the overtime when he beat Craig Anderson at 16:31.

“We made it harder than it should have been,” Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said. “We took too many bad penalties. They only scored one power-play goal, but there were other times when we were shorthanded and we couldn’t get our rhythm.”

The Senators had five power plays and defenceman Matt Gilroy opened the scoring with a power-play goal at 6:32 of the first period. The Canadiens had only power play and failed to get a shot on goal.

Brian Gionta got that one back at 14:34, but the Senators dominated the second period when they outshot the Canadiens 12-3 and took the lead on goals by Jesse Winchester and Colin Greening.

“Nobody had to say anything between periods because we all knew we hadn’t played well,” captain Gionta said. “We came out strong in the third and Bourque scored, that gave everyone a lift.”

The Canadiens won’t have much  time to savour the end of their four-game losing streak because they are back in action Thursday night when they play the Capitals in Washington before going to Toronto Saturday.

Therrien said he hoped to have David Desharnais back in the lineup for one of those games. The centre, who has missed two games with an abdominal strain, skated by himself after the morning skate Wednesday and said he was “very close” to returning.

phickey@montrealgazette.com

(Photo by Francois Lacasse/NHLI via Getty Images)

1. mark-ID says:

At work, missed the game, how did Hudon look today guys??

2. commandant says:

Real Story of this game is that Canada must be much more disciplined going forward. You can’t hand another team 4 or 5, 5 on 3 PPs in a game. You just can’t… not at any level.

You can complain about the Refs all you want, but these are the IIHF refs we see every year, and you either adjust to the fact that you need to be very disciplined, or you end up in the penalty box.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

3. Mavid says:

good thing its only preliminary..nice that they spared no expense with the trophy’s…LOL

4. BJ says:

Typical retarded Euro/IIHF refs. Finland 3 Canada 2

5. Hobie Hansen says:

TSN:

Montreal Canadiens draft pick Alex Galchenyuk will remain with Team USA at the World Junior Hockey Championship, even if the National Hockey League lockout ends during the tournament according to La Presse.

Galchenyuk, who was selected third overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, opens the junior tournament as a top line winger for the US team.

He is currently the second leading scorer in the Ontario Hockey League, notching 27 goals and 34 assists in only 33 games with the Sarnia Sting.

6. commandant says:

Ugly goal.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

7. wjc says:

My Christmas NHL wish list.

The disclaimer goes through with a high percentage.
    The NHL wins the “LEGAL LOCKOUT” suit.
    The fight goes to the courts.

The teams are allowed to resign players already on there rosters.
    If the players refuse….fine.
    Teams run on there own personal budget.
    Low level players make in $200,000.00 range.
    Top level players in the 1 to 2 million dollar range.
    Owners make what they bloody well want.
    Players play and stop whining.
    Fans forget about contracts and concentrate on the game, like the old days.
    If I want to analyze the financials I will visit the business pages.
    Merry Christmas.

wjc

• commandant says:

“The NHL reorganizes, the players are not allowed to re-group as a union because it was seen as a ploy.”

No court in the world would ever make a ruling prohibiting a group of workers re-organizing their union. NONE. Impossible. Would never in a million years happen.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Trisomy 21 says:

I wouldn’t bother. WJC is the same guy who believed Gomez was a hall of famer. He’s just posting to be contentious. TBH I think he’d have problems analyzing the jam between his toes, let alone the business section.

8. ont fan says:

Mike Graston Windsor Star…take a look at his cartoon of the Sandy Hook Elementary School Dec 15…a real heart wrencher

9. jols101 says:

Bit of a let down that Barkov is not dressed for this game. I was looking forward to watching our next 1st round pick in action.(hopefully).lol

Lots of penalties for Canada as they get adjusted to European refs.

Sabers look like they have a great one with this Armia kid. He just oozes talent and high end skill.

2-2 with 6 minutes left in 2nd period

10. kempie says:

So it looks like I’ll be travelling to Belleville in February to watch another 5-point Galchenyuk hockey clinic. This would be a perfect opportunity for the NHL to get it together, bump AG94 up to the bigs and totally mess up my plans.

11. shiram says:

In the context of a shortened season, the magic number seems to be 48 games, and with a short time to play those games, it’s likely that teams will mostly play against their division, maybe even skipping out of conference games. Back to back games and weird schedules for the games are bound to be alot more frequent.

Does any of this diminish the quest for the Cup? It could be interesting to see a different Stanley Cup playoffs format, maybe more random, or mix the teams from both conference.

• Hobie Hansen says:

As long as the playoffs are 4 rounds at 7 games a piece I don’t think anything is tarnished.

• Mike D says:

I think that playing basically a half-season does in fact diminish the integrity of winning the cup a little. That said, it’s better than having no season and having another blank spot on that beautiful trophy.

I’ve never been a huge supporter of the Tank movement (no offense HH), but this would be an ideal season for the Habs to suck, pick up another lottery pick, and really bolster the organization with young, top-notch talent.

With Price, P.K., Max-Pac, and Galchenyuk we have some phenomenal pieces in place with youth on their side.
      In the next tier, we have Eller, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, and maybe Gallagher and Collberg. Not to mention numerous other prospects who might ‘surprise’ to a certain extent.

- Honestly yours
      Twitter: @de_benny

• shiram says:

Of course the Cup has been decided a good number of times on seasons based on about 50 games, but there were less teams then also.
        It’s an interesting point because some feel the season is already too long.
        If there is a season, and based on the system in place in Hamilton, it’s hard to imagine the Habs rocketing out of the basement. I figure at best they can battle for an 8th spot, but as you said, the organization would definitely benefit from giving Timmins another top 5 pick in the first round.

• Mike D says:

I agree with those who say 82 games is too much – however I love watching so I don’t complain. :-p

The reason I feel a shortened season puts a dent in the integrity of that year’s winner is that it’s a one-off in an era of 82-game seasons.

The Kings won the cup last year as an 8th seed, but I’d be willing to bet that somewhere between game 48 and game 82 they were out of a playoff spot, ergo, they wouldn’t have even qualified for the post season (let alone won the cup) depending on where you put the cut-off.

- Honestly yours
          Twitter: @de_benny

12. Morenz7 says:

Assist for Hudon. Nice!

13. Morenz7 says:

Also of interest: Team USA has a tune-up game against the Swedes at 12:30 pm EST—presumably starring our boy Gally.

It’ll be on the NHL Network, which strikes me as a pretty good reason for a pub lunch on the last Thursday before Christmas..

14. Trisomy 21 says:

Ok so i can’t see the score on tsn’s website, likely because they want me to pay to stream a f&$#ing exhibition game. I used to like TSN a lot but now this is just a load of crap. Anyways what other website has a decently live scoreboard to watch?
    Edit: maybe watching the twitter feed is the best way. (1-0 Fin)

15. UnkleGary says:

Does anyone have a free stream for the world juniors game?

CH-eers!

16. HammerHab says:

How many balls did we have in the last lottery? That worked out for us, maybe we can get lucky again…..

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

• Mike D says:

It would be great if we did, but I’d rather the Habs had more lottery balls to work with. It hasn’t actually been decided yet what system they will employ for the draft. It’s certainly possible they do the same thing as in the last lockout since the precedent is there, but I hope they come up with something different as I think the Habs should ‘earn’ a higher pick based on last year.

- Honestly yours
      Twitter: @de_benny

Wow, I thought we had two or three, but according to Wiki, we had only 1.

• Mike D says:

That was back when the Habs still had some good luck.

- Honestly yours
        Twitter: @de_benny

• HammerHab says:

I’m sorry but where exactly from 95-96 to 03-04 did the Habs have any sort of luck? Roy left and nothing good happened until we drafted Price. Koivu being the lone exception.

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

• Mike D says:

The ‘good luck’ I was speaking of WAS when we drafted Price with our lone lottery ball. I also agree with your assertion that Koivu was really the only good thing we had in that era, however, the Habs woes back then were due to poor management, not bad luck.

- Honestly yours
            Twitter: @de_benny

Canada vs Finland starting now on TSN!

Go Canada Go!

And I see TSN is going pay per view on the streaming. How polite of them, I suppose my monthly cable fee subscription wasn’t enough.

• Mike D says:

Wow, really? Considering they’re owned by Bell that’s even more despicable.

- Honestly yours
        Twitter: @de_benny

Yup, just wrote them an email. Of course clicking on the contact us button on their website and then having to find where to click again to actually complain is quite a task.

Just more reason to be frustrated with the owners of the NHL teams, given Bell has ownership in two teams.

• Mustang says:

Bell line technicians have been in the process of installing / connecting new cables in our neighbourhood the past couple of weeks. I assume that this is for high speed internet and/or cable TV. In any event, they have cut my home telephone connection for a few seconds many times recently. While losing the phone for a few seconds is no big deal, having to re-boot my modem, my router, my VOIP phone, and sometimes my computer is a real pain, especially when it happens 3 or 4 times a day. I have made a complaint to Bell and was assured that it was not their fault so there must be a problem inside my house, yeh, sure, but this never happened until they were messing with the wires. I could go on and on but let’s just say that I AM BEGINNING TO HATE BELL CANADA.

Sorry for the rant, but I now do feel better.

• habsfan0 says:

Hmm. Just like David Braley owns the Toronto Argos and the BC Lions.

Is the NHL trying to emulate the CFL?

I believe NHL owners would like nothing better than to have average NHL player salary approximate average CFL one.

• HammerHab says:

Mustang – they’re installing fiber lines in place of the old phone lines which is why it gets disconnected

———————————–

It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

• Cal says:

TSN Radio in Toronto is airing the game. The Montreal station is talking about whatever, ffs.

18. John Q Public says:

Yada Yada Yada
    If both parties seek to destroy themselves, let them.
    The NHL is private business.
    We have a choice whether to give them money.
    If you run back to them then you have an addiction.
    There are groups to help you with that.

Time to put the HIO staff out to pasture and bring Boone back from the dead.

Unreal how one writer that no longer writes for HIO is far and above better than the rest of the current staff combined.

The writers have lowered their standards to the level of Cal’s musical parodies.

HH, it is obvious you and Cal don’t see eye to eye. I don’t understand your need to bring it up all the time. If you don’t like his parodies, don’t click on them. In fact I give him credit for providing a link therefore, if indeed people dont like them, he is not using up a half page forcing people to scroll through.

It allows all of us the choice to either look at or not too.

• Bripro says:

I tried to use the whole page last time, but all the other hogger bloggers were infringing on my space…
        Ah, these public sites…

• Riga Fraction says:

I still want to see the article when the XBox league decides to lockout the players and they consider getting Mario and Luigi to sign on as scabs.

P.S. I have NO trouble understanding why he may be annoyed or less than fond of Cal. He sure does come across as a world class on here to me anyway, so the poster in question is far from alone in his apparent lack of fondness.

• wjc says:

Boone has an alias, he lurks on here long into the night.

wjc

20. JF says:

In the preamble to his Thirty Thoughts, Elliotte Friedman argues that it is a good thing the two sides are not meeting this week because neither is really prepared to make a deal, and further collapses would simply push them farther apart. He says that the NHL overlooked both the strength of Fehr’s ideological beliefs and his main negotiating tactic, which is to wait until the last minute to close a deal. Bettman realizes that if the owners had agreed to negotiate off the PA’s last offer, Fehr would simply have accepted any concessions and then asked for more. Therefore they’re waiting until it’s too late for any further demands.

But Friedman believes that the owners want to play, that in fact they wanted to be playing before now, which is why Bettman was so angry and frustrated. They really thought the $300 million in make whole would get the deal done. So for now, they’re playing a waiting game in order not to have to concede much more. If an agreement is reached, it will be at the last minute.

• Bill J says:

I really do not understand the use of the term “concede” when it pertains to the owners in this mess.

They have not conceded anything, all of the conceding has come from the players.

• JF says:

I agree that the owners have not conceded anything. But they intended to claw back more from the players than they did in their last offer. So they’re waiting in order to keep as much as possible of what they’ve clawed back.

• wjc says:

That first “claw back” worked out very, very well for the players in the 2005 CBA.

Giving “$300,000,000.00 dollars in make whole is conceding. It is saying “we will pay you for not playing, now sign.”

The reason CBA’s have a time limit is to make adjustments if they get too far out of kilter. So in order for the owners to continue doing business that made sense they had to have some adjustments made. Even the players realized this.

Owners are supposed to be stronger then the players for obvious reasons. The league needs to be strong for everyone to benefit. Players are still going to make their millions, so try not to lose sleep over them. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Claw back is such a rude word, try necessary adjustments to benefit all.

wjc

• JF says:

The $300 million is money the owners owe the players on contracts signed. How is it conceding anything to say, “OK, we’ll pay you most of what we agreed to pay you”?

I use the phrase “claw back” advisedly. “Necessary adjustments” is too anodyne, disguising the fact said adjustments mean taking money the owners had already agreed to pay the players.

• wjc says:

Not true Bill J, not true. You must pay more attention.

wjc

• Bill J says:

If you want to rebut something I said, at least provide evidence to the contrary.

I’ve actually done the research, please do not insult my inteligenve by trying to imply the owners have conceded ANYTHING to the players.

As of the writing of this post, in the 3 lockouts the owners imposed on the players the owners have NOT conceded ANYTHING. All they’ve repeatedly done was take away from the players.

But of course you will reply with some troll reply trying to prove me wrong without actually providing ANY facts to back it up. Typical wjc.

• wjc says:

Players should have known a new CBA was impossible, all the venders and ice scrappers knew.

wjc

• Bill J says:

As did the Minnesota owner who signed Parise and Suter (he is one of the 8 owners who have a say in this process) as did the Flyers owners (who also has a say in these negotiations) when he tried to sign Shea Weber. And Finnaly as did the Boston owner (yup, you guessed it… He is also one of the 8) when he signed Seguin mere hours before the CBA expired.

The owners knew what they were doing. The players thought, understandably that the owners knew too. Nope.

21. Cal says:

Good morning, everyone. This is a song for the man most HIOers love to hate:

22. Chris says:

In 2003-04, the NHL’s revenues were $2.2 billion under the current rules, with the player’s taking home ~74% of that total. So, in 2003-04:

Players’ Share: $1.62 billion
    Owners’ Share: $0.572 billion

Today, the player’s are sitting at 57% of league revenues, leaving 43% to the owners. The league’s revenues using the same rules as the numbers above were $3.3 billion. The breakdown last season is therefore:

Players’ share: $1.881 billion
    Owners’ share: $1.419 billion

Those percentages and revenues are the league’s numbers. So despite all of the talk of average salaries for players skyrocketing since 2003-04, the reality is that the players’ share of the league revenues has increased from $1.62 billion in 2004 to $1.88 billion in 2012, an increase of 12% over 7 seasons. The magnitude of the salaries is massive, which obscures the fact that the players’ share of revenues has grown at about 1.6% per season. Again, I will agree with anybody that says that a hockey player earning millions to play a game is ludicrous and I hate percentage raises out of principle, but hockey salaries have basically been in the neighbourhood of “cost-of-living” increases when factored in across the board.

(This is actually a great example of why percentage “cost-of-living” raises are so absurd…COL raises should be absolute raises, otherwise it leads to increasing income inequity. But that is a rant for another day.)

Over the same period, the owners’ share after player salaries are paid out (the single biggest outlay for the owners) went from $0.572 billion to $1.419 billion, or an increase of 248% over 7 years (average of 13.85% per season).

I understand that the owners have to pay all the other associated costs (arena costs, staff, travel & lodging, etc.) out of their share. But there is clearly something wrong with their bean-counters if they can’t become profitable with a 250% increase in revenues. I have a hard time believing that the inflation in travel costs, arena costs, equipment, etc. is eating up all of that increase that the owners have seen to their share, especially when you factor in all the sweetheart tax deals that many of the American ownership groups enjoy.

The NHL’s problem is not the ludicrously high salaries it pays its players. That is a societal problem. Instead, the NHL’s problem is the terrible revenue sharing model that it has set up. It is entirely understandable in a gate-driven league that the individual teams want to hold on to their own gate and not share it around. But there is far more money on the owners’ side than we are being told.

Everything we are hearing is that 50% of league revenues is already on the table, further spiking the owners’ revenues. Yet they’re still piddling around with all this other stuff.

When this lockout ends, the owners will make out like bandits, just as they did 8 years ago. There is no question about that.

I can’t blame the players for holding out as much as they want…it is their lives. It really doesn’t affect me, and I’m not wasting my time taking somebody else’s fight as a personal affront. I just find the numbers that are being bandied about a little puzzling because the NHL itself puts out the revenue numbers and the cap locks things in.

• barry says:

“there is far more money on the owners’ side than we are being told.”
      thanks for the cogent, cool-headed analysis. The owners certainly know what they are doing…

KHL Hockey’s not that bad…

• wjc says:

Owners are supposed to know what they are doing. Players are supposed to know how to play and how to spend their millions.

wjc

• commandant says:

Owners clearly don’t know what they are doing, because if they did they’d be able to set a proper budget and we wouldn’t have needed a Salary Cap in 2004 to begin with.

Also if deals longer than 5 years are so bad. Why do 90 players in the NHL (from nearly all teams) have deals longer than that?

No one forces the owners to sign these deals, yet they do. And then they want to re-neg on them after they signed.

All the measures of the CBA are to save the owners from themselves.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Cal says:

Until the NHL has grown revenues approaching the level of the NFL, don’t look to the 4 most profitable teams to donate money to the 26 others.
      The team numbers pre-Cap were found to be 24% higher once the union got a look at some of the books.
      Let the players hold out. They’ll find out what many unions have lately. Most don’t care or think they are way overpaid anyway.
      We can analyze and dissect the numbers all we want. 40% of NHL revenue comes from Canada, with only 7 teams. 23 American teams come up with only 60%. The only logical conclusion is contraction of the 6 worst teams, and that means 138 less NHL players (23 man roster). So, does the PA want contraction and loss of jobs or do they want to play and earn their millions?

• Riga Fraction says:

Does this kid really not know the difference between a hold out and a lockout?

No wonder he’s got everything so screwed up all the time.

• Cal says:

Both are occurring at the moment, sonny.

• Riga Fraction says:

You’re half right , there is no hold out, but there is a lockout. One side has been rather up front and vocal about wanting to play during the negotiations (or even at least being able to negotiate during said negotiations) the other side has refused both suggestions though. Disagree all you like, it’s just the way it is.

• Cal says:

@ Riga

Only completely stupid owners (see MLB 1994) would allow a season to start with players having the ability to walk out just before the playoffs. Bettman learned from that horrendous error and has never allowed that to occur.

• commandant says:

Cal

Would have been easy to extend the CBA for one year…. negating the players ability to strike.

NHL didn’t want to do this.

The reason of course is that as long as NHLPA members get paid, there is no need to give concessions. The hammer the NHL has here is withholding paycheques, and the lockout is their strategy.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Phil C says:

Contraction is a problem for the owners as well. If you want to contract 6 teams, the remaining 24 owners would have to buy out the 6 teams being contracted, which could cost in the neighborhood of $1B. They would also lose their NBC TV deal as well. It’s just not going to happen.

• wjc says:

Cal, The second solution is to let the NHL set up their structure the way they see fit.

If you project 5 years into the future more of these teams will become profitable. The 30 owners are a business under one roof, the NHL. The only place they compete is on the ice, in the board room they are partners.

Pay-per-view is the future. Ticket sales are important, but to grow the game you need exposure into new markets. There is no other hockey league competing with them, so they have the market to themselves. Hockey is a unique sport, that will have wide appeal.

Contraction is not in the cards, growth is. If the NHL does not get a favorable CBA they will remain commited to getting one. A strong NHL is good for the players, who by the way are doing quite well. Just ask Ted Lindsay or Jean Beliveau.

wjc

• Mondou6 says:

I agree…

Just look who is the ringleader for this lockout: Jeremy Jacobs. Are the Bruins hurting for money or attendance? No. They are one of the most profitable teams in the league. They draw regardless of how good the team is. They have a huge local hockey market (if you can say anything positive about the Bruins) and a rabid fan base (literally in some cases), they don’t overpay for players, and they make boatloads of money.

Given the Bruins are making money hand over fist under the current CBA, why is Jeremy Jacobs the one driving this lockout? Because he cares about the NHL? Because he cares about the Phoenix Coyotes? Because he cares about the players? Because he is altruistic?

The NHLPA quickly caved on the 57% to 50%. What’s left?

I can’t fathom how anyone can look at what Jacobs is doing, and then say the problem is that the players are being “greedy”.

• wjc says:

Jeremy Jacobs is the ring leader, interesting. Bruins are successful at the box office on the ice. They make boatloads of money. He obviously is a good example for the other owners to emulate.

The question you asked “does he care about the NHL? The answer is of course he does, how else would he make all this money you speak of. Does he care about Phoenix, of course he does. They are part of the league that will make him a lot more money.

The NHLPA knew from the beginning that 50/50 (the same as any other major league) was going to happen, but apparently dragged it out and wanted the transition time to be too long. Now they want make whole money.

Players are being foolish, they are looking greedy because they are making millions and millions of dollars.

What Jacobs makes is really none of their business, there task is to play hockey hard every game and live the good life.

Jacobs is front and center because he has been around a long time. An owner like Molsen is a relative rookie at this. He also has a brewery to run and good will is important.

wjc

Seems to me the current deal has the players with 0% of HRR.

23. Haborama says:

It pains me to say this, but I think the most important thing for us right now would be if the season is saved so that the HAbs can get a top 5 pick.

Any one of Bakov or Monnahan would make this team undeniably great in the future.

Plus a Sam Morin or Valentin Zykov in the second round and we would be in business.

Picture this as a top line: Pacioretty – Barkov – Galchenyuk

that would be sweet.

If only those selfish swine can get this mess sorted out…….

• commandant says:

You were asking a few days ago about guys who are true power forwards, with the physical play.

Now he’s not a fighter, but over the last couple days I got a chance check out some of the archived games of the 67s on a recommendation from my writer out in Ottawa.

It seems in the last month and a half or so Sean Monahan has really developed a bit of a mean streak in the offensive zone. He is throwing a number of really big (And clean) body checks on the forecheck.

No, he’s not a fighter, but Monahan is really learning to use his size and to physically intimidate opposing D.

He might be just what the doctor ordered for the Habs (but should go top 6).

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Riga Fraction says:

Who knows, depending on how the determine the order for the draft in the event of no season, the Habs may well wind up with a #3 or higher pick based upon last year’s standings. No one knows what formula they may or may not use.

24. The Dude says:

Piers Morgan for NHL arbitrator….the guy’s awesome!

• Haborama says:

OMG, did u see him go HAM on that crazy gun dude???

• The Dude says:

Loved it! What kind of Arsehole calls for more guns in a country that has over 300,000,000 guns ! Paranoia is also a mental health issue that Douche bag has in his bag of nonsense “brain”.
        The mental health issue’s should point out that a breakdown of one’s mental well being can happen to anyone at any time and that during a lifetime ,pretty much everyone’s had a bout with one! I hear every day in the USA 40 Americans die from guns….not far off from Syria!
        I would like to say that as a parent of children who’s ages ranges from 33 to 9 years old that I have cried every day since this last mass murder ,please …please hand in or bend the barrels of these weapons who’s sole purpose is for killing someone or something and if your a hunter or a sportsman, lock up your shit. As a big note too this for all of you, when I was nine, my father committed suicide with a double barrel shotgun basically in front of my 7 year old sister and my 16 year old brother ” I was not home at the time” and you can imagine how our lives have been affected from that point on.Get rid of the fk’n guns!

25. Cal says:

Is the fantasy thread where The End of the World happens on the 21st?

26. wjc says:

Is 44 games enough to play and win a Stanley cup, Montreal Canadiens did it in 1929/30 and 1930/31 the season was over April 3rd and April 14th.

Montreal Canadiens won the cup in 1934/35 in 48 games and the season ended April 6th.

Montreal Canadiens won the cup in 1943/44 in 50 games and the season ended April 13th

Montreal Canadiens won the Stanley cup in 1945/46 in 50 games and the season ended April 9th.

For those that think 48 games means a tarnished season then those 5 cups should be stricken from the record books.

Bring back the Maroons.

wjc

27. ProHabs says:

“But I think it’s safe to say that 99% of the posters here don’t enjoy these tiresome video game reports.”

I am that 1% that lives for these fantasy posts. If I had any pull at the Gazette, I would be lobbying for Hickey to get a decent sized raise for his incredible work on these games.

I will agree to “BOOOOOOOOOOO” under the comment section of these fantasy posts every time they come up. But I am “BOOOOOING” those 99% of people who don’t care for these fantasy games.

28. Steven says:

You know, I kinda wish I got paid to play NHL 13…

29. kempie says:

I grow weary of this.

30. Mondou6 says:

Video game hockey articles: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

31. commandant says:

Top 40 ever for Canada at WJC on TSN now

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

32. Mustang says:

Would these rediculous fantasy game reviews disappear if no one posted a comment next time? Does anyone have a better idea?

33. punkster says:

Holy crap…Gomez charged with “pretending to practice witchcraft, fraud over $5,000, and possession of the proceeds of crime…” for crimes committed in Montreal and Hamilton.
    ***Subbang Baby!!!***

34. frontenac1 says:

I don’t want be first, I hate.it Help somebody please

35. ZepFan2 says:

Fritz!

———————————————————————-
    Ka is a wheel.

Fans Theme: “You’re Breaking my heart, You’re tearin’ it apart” – Harry Nilsson

You’re breaking my heart

36. wjc says:

Trisomy 21, (Great alias) Keep the jam between my toes out of this. Gomez to make a comeback not hall of fame, great exageration.

wjc

37. wjc says:

Workers?…now that is rich. You should know all about reality, spending all your time on a hockey site, reading about fantasy games and worrying about a bunch of millionaires that don’t know you exits.
    Habsolutely, keep the alias’s coming “prospect blogger king”

wjc