Bell Centre sells out for fans to watch Game 7 from Boston

The Canadiens’ sellout streak will continue at the Bell Centre even though Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Bruins will be played in Boston Wednesday night (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690).

The Canadiens decided to open up the Bell Centre for fans who wanted to watch Game 7 on the arena’s giant screens, selling tickets for $10 with a portion of the proceeds donated to the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation. It was announced after 6 p.m. on Tuesday that the Bell Centre was sold out with more than 20,000 fans expected. There will also be a pregame Fan Jam outside the Bell Centre starting at 5:30 p.m., and fans inside the arena will be treated to the same pre-game show as when the Canadiens play at home. The Canadiens have a sellout streak of 406 consecutive games at the Bell Centre, dating back to Jan. 8, 2004.

The Canadiens held an optional practice Tuesday morning in Brossard before flying to Boston with Alex Galchenyuk skating with his teammates for the first time since suffering a lower-body injury on April 9 during a game in Chicago.

“He’s progressing really well,” coach Michel Therrien told reporters in Brossard about Galchenyuk. “(Obviously) he’s not going to play tomorrow.”

Goaltenders Carey Price and Peter Budaj also took part in the optional practice along with Ryan White, George Parros, Michael Bournival, Travis Moen, Douglas Murray, Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi and Francis Bouillon. Assistant coach Gerard Gallant ran the practice.

When asked about getting ready for a Game 7, Therrien said: “It’s all about preparation … it’s all about attitude. Tomorrow won’t be any different for us than yesterday.”

Therrien said his team played “a helluva game” in Game 6, beating the Bruins 4-0 to force Game 7.

“The only thing that we got to do now is reset the focus and make sure we get another good game tomorrow,” the coach added.

Therrien was asked about his team turning the other cheek at the end of Game 6 when the Bruins started getting physical with Zdeno Chara taking slashing and roughing penalties against Mike Weaver and Jarome Iginla taking a roughing and misconduct penalty against Brian Gionta. Weaver also received a slashing and misconduct penalty.

“This is playoff hockey, you know,” Therrien said. “It’s going to be physical at times. We’re ready to compete.”

The coach added: “I don’t like to talk about the other team. I’m focusing on my players, on my team. Yesterday it was a huge challenge for us. We got the right attitude and we responded the right way. Tomorrow is another huge challenge and we need to have the right attitude again.”

Canadiens captain Gionta said his team has felt confident all series against the Bruins.

“We know we can bring it to them when there’s no tomorrow,” Gionta said. “There’s nothing to be afraid of.

“(Game 7s are) fun, you have to go out there and enjoy the moment,” he added. “Every kid dreams of it. They’re special to be a part of. It’s win or go home. If you’re a competitive person, and you’re not in this profession if you aren’t, then that’s what you look for.”

(Photo by John Mahoney/The Gazette)

The stage is set for Game 7, by The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs

Hockey is the real winner in Habs vs. Bruins series, by Jack Todd for The Gazette

Habs need to stick to their game, by The Gazette’s Pat Hickey

‘Black Ace’ Beaulieu gets the call for Habs, by The Gazette’s Brenda Branswell

Therrien impressed with Beaulieu’s playoff debut, montrealgazette.com

Share your Habs rituals, montrealgazette.com

Bruins, Habs set for ninth Game 7 in storied rivalry, NHL.com

Price shutout sends Habs to Game 7, by Pat Hickey

Price leads a Habs team possessed, by Dave Stubbs

‘That’s the best I’ve seen this team play – ever,’ Pacioretty says, by Pat Hickey

Game 6 photo gallery, montrealgazette.com

Born for this, Canadiens.com

Subban eager for Game 7, NHL.com

Subban the NHL’s modern-day Ric Flair, The Hockey News

Beaulieu solid in playoff debut, NHL.com

Bruins quickly shifting focus to Game 7, NHL.com

Heart of a lion, canadiens.com

‘Go home and get the job done,’ Bruins Bergeron says, bostonbruins.com

Game 7 the only way to end Bruins-Canadiens, Boston Globe

Bruins squirt with disaster by allowing Habs to force Game 7, Boston Herald

Bruins could use Tyler Seguin right now, The Hockey News

Former Hab Muller joins Blues as assistant coach, NHL.com

Just noticed the poll question. That’s an easy one for me – Marchand (If Wednesday goes south for the Habs then someone has to teach this puke a real lesson. Something that would end his playoff run and always make him think twice when he plays the Habs). As for Johnny Boychuk, I’d love it if he was a Hab. He’s the perfect answer for our needs on the D next season. This guy is a stud in the playoffs.

Chara – An oversized behemoth who should be wary of his size in terms of possibly hurting people
    Lucic – He could be an elite player who gets league wide respect except he’s a chickenshit of the first order.
    Thornton – classic, low level in your face antagonist. I can accept that fact.

24.4 Cups

• piper says:

I found it very tough to pick one but had to go with Lucic.

• JUST ME says:

I understand that most of the players we booo from the other teams , we would gladly take them on our squad but Marchand ? Never.
      He is a cheap shot hypocrit, dangerous and should not be allowed to play in the NHL . I just hope someone somewhere delivers to him what he deserves. He got my vote by far even though all the candidates in that poll deserve a non-honorable mention….

Lucic is gaining ground since this afternoon though !

2. boing007 says:

A quote from PK:
    “It’s going to be great,” Subban said of Game 7. “I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can’t wait to take that all away from them.”

I would compare PK more with Little Richard than Ric Flair.
    He’s ready ready ready to rock ‘n roll.

Richard R

3. frontenac1 says:

Ok. All you Stats Geeks! How do you measure “In The Bruins Heads”? Most important stat. Let’s just call it “Mojo”.
    Habs at 10.0 on a scale of 1-10. Muy Macho! Saludos!

4. 1010 says:

Bob McGown is having a hard time time hiding his love for the Habs on the fan590 right now. Kelly Hrudey is accusing him of being a lover of les Canadiens. This is a very confusing concept for Kelly to digest. As a resident anaylist with the CBC he only gets to rub noses with the Bruin faithful. It`s a real conundrum for the lad. He`ll need a quick call to Ron, Don, Galley, Healy or P.J. to set things right. A Toronto sports journalist is complimenting….that team.

GO HABS…

5. Maritime Ronn says:

A ‘1 game snapshot’ of David Desharnais yesterday.
    Can he do it again in Game 7?
    ——————

Without a doubt, 51 played his best Playoff hockey game ever, and perhaps one of his best games in a Habs uniform on this very Big Stage – not against ‘no-hitters’ like Carolina or Florida or Nashville.

His play had little to do with the goal he saved, and more about his inspirational play and getting out of his ‘Comfort Zone.’
    Those are the things that spark a team.

For the most part in this series, 51 has been a perimeter player – skating fast on the outside – hanging out along the safety of the side boards – poke checking here and there….but last night was a Desharnais rarely seen.

The scoresheet looked like this:
    1 assist/ +2/ 2 Hits/ 1 Blocked shot.

The “Official” 2 Hits stat is important…and bogus, as 51 used his body on a Bruins player at least 4 times last night.

Now this is a guy that recorded 1 Hit per 3.4 games during the season, and prior to last night, had recorded a grand total of 3 hits in the 9 previous playoff games.

These are things the guys on the bench see.
    These are things that challenge other players to get out of their own ‘Comfort Zones.’

Another key play was 51 going to the ‘Gallagher area’ on the PP goal by Vanek.

Again, instead of hanging around the relative safety of the side boards, 51 went to the net – took some punishment – took some attention away from Max who also battled hard – BOOM, Vanek goal.

Will he play like that again…in Game 7 in Boston?

6. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Let’s not kid ourselves. Tomorrow night will be their toughest test of the season.

X X X X X X X 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

7. Haberoooo13 says:

PS I managed to be classy in spite of sitting in front of Marchand’s family…

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

8. Danno says:

I feel confident about tomorrow night.

Because…

We gotta lotta dep.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

9. WindsorHab-10 says:

One thing that bothered last night watching the game was in the last minute or so when Julien lost it & started yelling at the officials telling one of them clearly ” F U” on a couple of occasions. What ever happened to official abuse penalties or even a game misconduct for such classless behavior? Just wondering.

10. WindsorHab-10 says:

Lucky are the fans that will gather tomorrow night at the Bell Center to watch & hopefully celebrate a victory. It’s a dream of mine to attend such a memorable event and one day I hope I can.

Game 7 requirements: Skate + discipline=victory
    GO HABS GO!!!!

• JuventusHab says:

You will one day. I hope you’re as lucky as me. Back in 2002 I traveled to Montreal in early April. Booked tickets for the third to last game of the season against the Senators… Who would have thought that Saku would return that game. This Belgian Habs fan, only for the second time in Montreal and only his first hockey game ever…

• BJ says:

Thats a memorable way to be introduced to hockey and the Habs. I’ve. been lucky to have photographed Koivu when he was with TPS Turku. he was already special then.

• JuventusHab says:

I remember doing the Molson Centre (as it was called then) Tour and seeing Donald Audette talking to what appeared to be a Habs Legend… Unfortunately I’ve never found out who he was, but I still regret not have the balls to go up there and ask for a photograph, like the Nova Scotia fella in our group did…

11. Strummer says:

One of the biggest take-aways from last night is that the Habs de-bunked the myth that the Bruins can come back from a 3-goal deficit in the 3rd period whenever they feel like it.
    Not only didn’t they come back but Habs made it a 4-goal lead.
    We outshot, out-chanced them and beat them in the faceoff circle.
    No “one goal every 5 minutes ” nonsense.
    This is in their heads now.
    ____________________________________________________
    “You are not T.J. Oshie. Do not shoot pucks at people without a helmet.”.

• Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

But… but… they keep poking the bear!

X X X X X X X 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

• Strummer says:

Yup-another myth about to be de-bunked

____________________________________________________
        “You are not T.J. Oshie. Do not shoot pucks at people without a helmet.”.

• Haberoooo13 says:

I took away a Hab win and me getting drunk at the Bell Center and several establishments downtown, being very loud with Melnick on air with the 690 guys and no clue what I said…getting back home (no I wasn’t driving) and at work this morning in Ottawa at 7 am…

Lafleur coming out rather gingerly…

12. BriPro says:

This tweet from Ginette Renaud:

Wonderful moments.. Thank you to you! I never thought, one day I would live hockey playoffs from so close.

• Le Jadester says:

Amazing !
      I didn’t even know who she was until I wiki-ed her.
      So inspirational to see her sing at every playoff game!
      I’d get all “verklempt”

My hope is obviously she’ll be singing a lot more during this playoff run to the Cup!

Habs, OLE !

13. johnnylarue® says:

I’m trying to make sense of what we saw from Prust last night…

He still didn’t look comfortable handling and/or shooting the puck, and while I saw him deliver a couple of decent hits, I also saw him bounce off one of the Bruins’ more human-size D-men rather sheepishly when finishing a routine check in the third.

That said, his work on the PK was excellent and the fourth line had some great shifts cycling in the offensive zone. As much a of a head-scratcher as it might be to have him in the lineup ahead of an ostensibly healthier Moen or White, that was easily Prust’s best game of the series.

So, all told: Prust in for Game 7?

• Storman says:

I have a feeling Prust plays so shot up, that you could spear him with an actual spear and he would not feel it,, He will suck it up and play even better than his very good game six. PS you can tell also Therrien not only trust Prust but he is one of his favorites even though a coach would never admit to having favorites,, quite obvious. teammates love him big time as well very important guy in the room , but this time when you say that, it actually matters and is important,

• johnnylarue® says:

I hear ya. It’s more a question of whether his limbs can remain physically attached to his body long enough to see him through this series.

(Although even then, I suppose the equipment people could figure out a way to velcro a hockey stick to the inside of his right sleeve somehow…)

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Lol I agree, he would not feel a pick axe to the shoulder.

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

• Habfan10912 says:

I think so. MT says it was the teams best game. Hard to make a lineup change after that, eh?

14. Tomi says:

Is Michael Therrien still the coach of this team???

It pisses me off that the Habs won last night! I wanted to come on here today and post my “I told you so’s” and “You see, (enter any player’s name here) is soff and was a big mistake for Bergevin to sign!!”
    Well hopefully Habs can lose tomorrow and I can go for my nice relaxing massage and not worry about them winning another round.

Go Br….I mean Go Habs Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Habfan10912 says:

Trini confessed a new man crush today. I’d like to nominate Bournival as joining PK in my man crush list. I was upset when he was a healthy scratch in favor of Moen. Many here argued that Moen was a veteran, won a cup, and knew what it takes in the playoffs.

My argument? Bournival is a much better player. No more talk of Bournival being a healthy scratch please.
    Thank you.

• habstrinifan says:

Great point and to a lesser extent..White. Moen and White never should be in for Bournival now.

Speed speed speed.

Absolutely Jim.
      Not only does he skate like the wind, he’s effective in fore and back-cheking as well.
      Cheers!

• Habilis says:

With you on that. One thing about last night that made me really happy was the fact that MT dressed what, IMHO anyhow, is our most talented lineup right now.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we played the best game of the season with that lineup.

Totally agreed on Bournival, and I would put Beaulieu in the same boat, even after just one game. Both of them should be fixtures going forward. They’re just better hockey players than the other options.

• johnnylarue® says:

Yeah–I was as shocked as anyone when I heard Beaulieu was in the lineup. I called for playing him in Game 5 but conceded that Therrien would never have the balls to play a rookie in such a big game…

Nice to see Coach putting raw skill and speed ahead of “intangibles” for once. And even nicer to have my wish vindicated by a W and a great game from the kids.

16. habs001 says:

The Habs have a tremendous potential in building their D…The D could be a major advantage for the team over the next decade …Right now it looks like scoring over the next few years will have to be supplemented by trades and ufa signings also…

17. WVHabsfan says:

F Boston! I can’t stress that enough!!

18. WVHabsfan says:

You are right Mark. It was vertigo.

• Storman says:

Vertigo is so fff weird ,, had a bout with vertigo once i thought I had had a stroke, I kept falling over needed to walk up against a wall,, man that was so weird , i was screwed up for weeks.

• Timo says:

Did you even make it to the game last night, Storm? YOu know, considering that you started drinking around 10 am :)

• Storman says:

LOL I stopped drinking right before game time,, and i didn’t actually plan to stop, the game was just to good to miss, I could tell from the first drop of the puck the boys were playing to win, desperate urgent hockey,, but damn where was that heart in game 5 makes you wonder, but if they bring that compete level to Boston and Price plays the way he has in all big games this year,, well then i think we are moving on, and I could have some more summer drinking hockey game watching fun.

19. Maritime Ronn says:

Timo says:
    I don’t like all the optimism and happiness now.
    ———————–
    Thelma…oops, sorry, I meant Timo.
    Please excuse me for the almost Freudian slip.

What does MAB think about all of this?

As for Optimism and Happiness, that was part of Coach MT’s Personal Betterment Program.
    Come now, Thel…Timo – get with the program.

Shiny Happy People
    R.E.M.

Just wondering.
    Are you the guy on the bicycle at the 10 second mark?

• DipsyDoodler says:

Timo hasn’t posted much these playoffs. The only time he let loose was (coincidentally) the first time we were behind (after game 5). That loss triggered a bout of posting Tourette’s, which has thankfully abated after last night’s win.

—–
      Moving. Forward.

• Maritime Ronn says:

I’m OK with Thel…Timo.

He keeps stuff light and funny around here.
        If anyone takes him seriously….

• BriPro says:

Are you saying we’re not supposed too?
          All this time …..

• Maritime Ronn says:

Yep, Bri.
            It’s just his fun game to get some all razzed up

• BriPro says:

Thanks for clearing that up for me Ron.
            What would I do without you? :)

• Maritime Ronn says:

Bri

From what I heard, you are an Ace/1st Class Person and Human Being.
            Look forward to meeting you one day.

• Fool of Chu says:

May I quote Timo from the last thread “About last night”?

“But the fact remains… when Habs skate FOR FULL 60 MINUTES , Bruins can’t compete with them.”

Some people have an inferiority complex.
      I suffer from inferiority consciousness.

20. habs001 says:

The Habs still need to get younger and bigger ..There is a reason why the Habs get hemmed in their D zone a lot more and longer over the course of a game than they do the same to the opposition…

21. Wintercount says:

I noticed David McMillan from “Joe Beef” in the video. You have to reserve a year in advance to get a table.

22. DipsyDoodler says:

If one was a Bruins fan, other than living in a pit of shame, one would say about last night’s game that:

* the 1st goal was an incredible blunder by Miller
    * the 2nd goal was a bizarre mistake by Chara and Rask
    * Lucic missed two empty nets
    * the 3rd goal was a stupid penalty by Campbell
    * the empty netter was a nonchalant play by Marchand

—–
    Moving. Forward.

23. habs001 says:

Markov is way better when he plays with a mean streak…He has shown that in some games this year but not the majority of them..Same with Emelin..when he gets his intensity going he makes much fewer mistakes ..when he does not many nights are an adventure in the D, zone…

24. JF says:

Off-topic, but this piece by former referee Paul Stewart reflects pretty well what I’ve thought about Sidney Crosby since our series with the Penguins in 2010 and particularly since the series between the Penguins and Flyers the following year:

• Storman says:

JF thanks for that post/link, by far my favorite official I have ever known Paul Stewart great guy, great referee, and could play the game at a high level as well.

I have been saying that at about Crosby for years, but he he so polarizing and beloved by so many hockey fans,, That i do not even get into the discussion anymore,, The debate about who is more valuable Toews or Crosby, you will actually hear some pundits say Crosby without even giving it a second thought,, to me it is actually the other way around Toews hands down not even close anymore..Anyways a fantastic article and read thanks for posting that JF..

• krob1000 says:

I am not going to sat anything bad about Toews…he is a great player and class act…right now is playing beter hockey than Crosby. If tomorrow I start a team though…it is with Crosby, the next day same thing. I am still convinced Crosby has played muc h of these playoffs injured as his skating has not been Crosby like…and his slump is a bit under a point per game…and his team is in a 2nd rd game 7…we are praising our players…only Sbban has more points, he ahs appeared injured and he is not playing well….only Crosby could be held to that high of a standard…it is after all the standard he has set…but relative to the rest of the NHL and for that matter living breathing hockey players who still play the game professionally on earth? he is still the best.

• Storman says:

Certainly for the first time ever( besides right after the concussions) it looks to me that Crosby is not even enjoying himself playing right now,, could be injury or just a bad vibe going on in Pittsburgh, not sure,, but he does not have that same,, ffff you ,, you can not have this puck it is mine attitude, that he used to have and dominate with,

• krob1000 says:

That article is a joke…as soon as it got to the part where “he embellishes” I knew it was crap. I have never in my life seena hockey player take so many dirty wahcks, and be targeted like Corsby. He has every right to whine. This will be ahrd to swallow for Hab fans but when Laraques was there….Sid had it pretty good.

I went to a game in Ottawa this year where Crosby was targeted over and over…during a tv timeout he was by himself getting shoved around and fighting back with Kassian, Neil, Zack Smith and one of their tough dmen(can;t recall who)…not a single Pen did anything…..ridiculous.

Perhaps one can argue Crosby has to lead by example…but how can he do that when noone is there to stand up for him. The officials clearly will not call anything….the fact a former official views himt his way is disturbing enough. If Pittsburgh had someone there to look after Sid…and Malkin for that matter life would be much better for Pittsburgh. Crosby may very well ask that noone step in for him …that is possible and Steve Yzerman used to do the same…but that didn’t stop management and his teammates from realizing that wasn’t what was best…for some reason they had the likes of Probert and Kocur around.

Crosby has led and been successful at every level….he is only 26 years old although he seems older. HE has alays carried himself and represented the game with class…..this is the same crap I used to read about Gretzky, LEmiueux, …they were all “whiners” …whatever…they were targets…is what they were, whenever noone ws looking they got whacked…but back then…someone took care of things for them.

Crosby has led at all levels of hockey with success….there is nowehre else unless they come up with the interglactic cup….enough already with this crap…disugsting someone would even write that…let alone someone who was involved in the game.

• habcertain says:

he does embellish……as Stewart intonates, that is why he doesn’t get the all the calls. Captains shouldn’t whine to the ref, you can tell by his expressions that it is true whining, leave it to the likes of Marchand et al.

• JF says:

Where the article agrees with what I’ve thought about Crosby for a few years is in what it says about his leadership skills. When a game, particularly a playoff game, is not going well, he seems unable to keep his team focused on the job in hand. In fact, he loses his own focus. Remember our Game seven against the Pens in 2010? It started with Crosby taking a penalty for going after Josh Gorges right off the opening faceoff for something that had happened at the end of the previous game. Then the following year, he was in the thick of all the garbage that went on in the series with the Flyers. Now there’s this spearing incident. A Captain should be in control of his own emotions and make sure his teammates are focused when the game is on the line. I’m not sure Crosby does this very well.

As for embellishing and whining, he did both in our series. He also got away with things, at one point, for example, smashing his stick on the crossbar in frustration, for which no penalty was called.

I’m not saying he doesn’t get targeted and absorb a lot of dirty whacks. He does, but he also embellishes. I’m also not saying he isn’t a great player. He is.

• Chris says:

Jonathan Toews is much the same…he has a very nasty temper, and he is prone to losing his cool. The difference between Toews and Crosby is that Toews has Seabrook, Sharp, and Hossa, elite players who are also leaders in their own right, that can call him on his BS when he is doing it. They also had popular veterans like Handzus, Mayers (even though he wasn’t playing, he was a very important guy in their dressing room) and Rozsival to help keep everybody in line.

In Pittsburgh, they don’t seem to have that strong leadership group around Crosby. The same was true of Koivu: he had Souray, Rivet and Recchi, but the rest of the team were free-spirits who didn’t much care what the team’s leadership thought or said.

The “leadership” of a captain is far overblown in the NHL. Steve Yzerman was increasingly perceived as a selfish me-first player and Bowman was very actively trying to dump him, feeling that the team could never win with Yzerman as captain. When they did win, Yzerman went from pariah to saint seemingly overnight.

A captain does not lead the team. A strong group of veterans, both old and young, are the guys that have to step up and form a united front to lead their team. If you don’t have that, it doesn’t matter what one guy does. Mark Messier was the best leader in hockey with the Rangers, but non-Canucks fans conveniently forget what an utter disaster he was as a leader in Vancouver.

• BJ says:

i think you are correct in saying he gets abused. He’s a great player and puts up with a lot of crap and more than most. I remember how much Lemieux had to put up with. Gretzky not so much as he had tough hombres to help out when needed, and most of the time it wasn’t needed it was understood he was out of bounds.

• Chris says:

The embellishment issue is so tired. CBC ran a spot of the abuse Crosby takes each and every game: it is beyond ridiculous what the officials are letting opposing players get away with. He can claim it is because Crosby is a boy who cried wolf, but that is simply ducking responsibility. NHL officials are simply incompetent.

Here in Montreal, we have to watch P.K. Subban get mugged, held, tripped and interfered with only to see Subban take 39 penalties while drawing only 29 this past season. That is incomprehensible.

Similarly, Sidney Crosby, the best player in the league and a guy who is targeted on every shift, drew only 32 penalties in 80 games this season, good for just 23rd in the league.

The officials have a style that they like. Unlike most fans, I don’t believe that the league’s officials are biased against particular teams. I do, however, believe that they are very biased towards particular styles.

It is fine to slash, punch, run people from behind, cross-check or batter people on the ice. That is the kind of hockey that most of the refs played before giving up on their own careers, so they can appreciate that style of player. I can’t think of any other reason why Evgeni Malkin (31 minors in 60 games) can draw far more penalties than any of Brad Marchand (31/82), Milan Lucic (27/80) or Zdeno Chara (25/77). That is borderline insanity.

• boing007 says:

Paul Stewart writes very well.

Richard R

25. The Teacher says:

“It’s going to be great,” Habs defenceman P.K. Subban said. “I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can’t wait to take that all away from them.”

God I LOVE this kid, even if it’s the best bulletin board material the Bahston Booins can ever get. He is becoming a leader before our eyes and challenging their entire team to beat his. He remembers the last series versus Boston quite well I think.

Happy birthday PK Subban.

26. Danno says:

How come there isn’t an option for “all of the above” in the survey?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

27. JUST ME says:

It is such an eye opening experience to read the comments from the opponent`s fans in particular when it comes from the Bruins`.

In the Herald you would swear that you read comments from HIO from yesterday before game 6. Honestly it`s the first time that i really see fear in their comments thus proving where our fear went…

And then you have those who are real pissed against the management and the fan`s attitude of always bullying and using cheap shots to play the mind game. Most of them realize that it does not have any effect anymore.

You have a few openly Habs fans also but they show more class then the Bruins fans posting on HIO.

And of course you still have the typical Bruins fan that needs no introduction …

I don’t like all the optimism and happiness now. Nothing has been won yet.

29. Danno says:

Anyone else have AdBlock Plus enabled but the ads on this page are still appearing?

EDIT – it’s fine now.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

30. Maritime Ronn says:

Habs media and fans sometimes come down hard on what was/is the Habs Even Strength 1st line personnel, yet what has the designated 1st line of Boston done this series?

Have the Habs done a good job against them – If so, why?
    The Game within The Game.

Krejci-Lucic-Iginla had incredible ‘Regular Season’ Stats.
    These 3 combined for 73 goals/189 points/Plus + 103. (no typos)

Against the Habs in 6 games?
    3 goals and a combined Minus -4.

Of those 3 goals, Lucic had an empty netter, and Iginla had a PP goal.
    Krejci has zero goals.
    1 single Even Strength goal against the Habs in 6 games!

So what happened to this supposed super cubs line?

As we’ve seen, in an intense series all players MUST be committed to the TEAM plan.
    Lone Wolves with Personal Agendas do a great disservice to their team….this, now meaning LUCIC.

Lucic’s personal agenda has been to challenge Emelin/Subban – to go Tarzan, and try to prove primate Jungle Junk.
    He has forgotten why his line was very good during the season.

Why has this happened in this series so far?
    After watching several Bruins games this year, VERY few players ever hit – or attempted to hit, Lucic.
    He skated through the neutral zone with his head down with no fear or worry

This series?
    Few Habs fear him – they respect him, but no FEAR.
    Emelin-Subban…even Markov and other forwards, are dishing out more hits than maybe Lucic has had to endure his entire career.

His reaction?
    Neanderthal revenge, instead of playing hockey…and the Habs are loving it, and don’t mind paying the price.

• HardHabits says:

The Hawks said last year’s play-offs they were going to target Chara. The end result worked. Same for the Habs and their going after Lucic. Markov has been playing with an edge and his hit on Lucic was exemplary. Emelin was a one man wrecking ball for that 1st Boston PP in game #6.

It is more often better to be on the dishing out side of the hit than the receiving end.

Speed and Mass = Energy

I think the Habs edge the Bruins in potential energy. Game 7 should be a dandy.

31. habs001 says:

The biggest misconception on this site is that Maxpac and DD have played poorly in the playoffs…If you re watch the Tampa series they had many scoring chances and did not finish…Even vs Boston they have had as many scoring chances as any other Hab forward…The Bruins allowed one the fewest goal totals in the league this and have shut down top star forwards in the playoffs the last few years…

32. BriPro says:

Bruce Arthur’s take on last night’s game. Apologies if it was already linked.

33. JUST ME says:

I agree with the stats schmatz attitude cause you can make them look as if we were a total disaster as you please or show the total opposite with the same stats.

Personnaly the only thing i see is that this team has reached a higher plateau and is better than what i was used to. Remains to see up to where it will go and what is in store for us in the next years but basically this team is doing better.

I have to admit that even the most negative posters even you know who, want that team to be better and it has.

34. habs001 says:

The game on Wednesday will come down to which team converts on their scoring chances…You can outplay a team and lose and vice versa…Yesterday the Habs played one of their better games and yet the game could have been easily a tied game in the second….Habs cannot afford to give up any bad goals or flukey goals…Still think pretty good odds that it will be an o/t game…..Habs cannot lose the PP/PK scoring stat at worst it has to be even… Not getting the first goal not the end of the world but it is very important that the Habs get it…

35. Say Ash says:

Quote from a Bruins board:

“I think this is the year Hab fans, the media and all of Price’s supporters have been claiming would come for eons now; the year where he finally arrives as an elite goalie.

Since the year started, he’s gotten better and better. He was good in the olympics, played balls out down the stretch, was money against Tampa and has played even better against Boston and that scares the **** out of me.

He wins tomorrow and he becomes the hottest goalie on the face of the Earth and takes the Habs to the cup. Mark my words. It’s up to the Bruins to stop that from happening, otherwise it’s gonna be a cold, long offseason.”

• shiram says:

I feel the same way, it’s up to the Habs to stop the Bruins from having a chance at the Cup.

• BriPro says:

I would say the reverse also applies. Because I firmly believe that the winner of THIS series will most likely take it all.

• Sportfan says:

It also makes 2010 less magnified, because the Price like Halak brings us to a Eastern Conference final, it makes keeping Price over Halak look better and it shuts literally every Price hater up.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

36. Luke says:

I dunno if anyone posted this, but here y’all go:

37. BriPro says:

JohnBelly

Are you back in the corner again???
    And yet you’re still stirring the pot with your Blitz…. Blizz… Bliss…
    Whatever.

Behave yourself!
    Save the energy for tomorrow night!

• JohnBellyful says:

Bri, you wouldn’t believe the people I’ve met over there!
      There had to be, like, 75, 100, maybe 125 former posters. Thought I was in the Twilight Zone.
      We exchanged emails, bon mots and personal stats. (They insisted.) Everlasting Dude says hi.

38. shiram says:

I had not seen this, but it’s great, Subban clearly wants the puck, so much so that he hops a little!

That’s funny.
      Thanks for sharing, Shiram.

The puck can’t get to him fast enough. :)

• shiram says:

Well he does pretty good with it.
        Just awesome to see him so involved, enthusiastic and energized.

• BriPro says:

He’s going to be given a HUGE contract.

• Kooch7800 says:

Price and Subban are the two MVP’s in the playoffs. Price is locked up long term and so should Subban. They are franchise players

39. krob1000 says:

Just for one minute everyone put away your fan hats and be businessmen….pretend you just had your 3rd strike in 15 years and you were concerned about the stae of your business…the NHL. Look at things from a business persepective and which teams would you want to make the playoffs? Now look at thelist of teams that made the playoffs….were they close? http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/standings/?show=conference
    Ok let’s be fans again.

Stats schmatz. But if you really want to crunch numbers I think goals for and goals against are as good indicators as any… corsi/fenwick be damned!!

The Habs are winning with offence (1st) and defence (4th), but mostly with offence.

Yes. Offence. Fire-wagon hockey. This is not your Jacques Lemaire/Bob Gainey trap your opponent to death lean heavy on the goaltender hope for an opportunistic goal system. This is more like how the 70’s Habs used to play and it’s a type of team and a style of play that is being rebuilt right before our eyes.

I like the direction the club is going. Haven’t said that since I can remember. I like Bergevin’s intensity, both intelligent and passionate.

41. HabsFansince49 says:

No one has said much about Eller’s goal, which I believe set the tone for the whole game. Thanks to aggressive fore-checking by his line, Boston coughed up the puck and he scored. It’s this style as opposed to the “wait for them to come to us” hockey which will enable the Habs to beat the Bruins.

Different topic – I have decried the HNIC bias against the Habs, but I have to admit that last night’s play-by-play and intermissions were certainly acknowledging the Habs superiority at least in that game. That is until Cherry did his self-righteous Markov analysis. How can you say “Lucic, Marchand and Thornton” in one breath without saying “dirty, idiotic and arse hole”?

• Strummer says:

Take Cherry out of the mix and HNIC does a reasonable job.
      I prefer HNIC to RDS because I don’t speak French.
      During the season for many games my only choice is RDS.

____________________________________________________
      “You are not T.J. Oshie. Do not shoot pucks at people without a helmet.”.

• 24 Cups says:

All things considered, it was a pretty lucky, fluky goal. Millar, a rookie Dman, made a blunder when the team could least afford it. It’s the other side of the Beaulieu/Tinordi vs. Bouillon/Murray coin.

I could handle HNIC is they dumped Cherry and Stock. I miss Kevin Weekes who I thought would be better than Stock, Trotz, Oates or Hrudey.

24.4 Cups

• Old Bald Bird says:

Last night for the first time, I watched on CBC and listened on TSN internet radio. It was a good way to go. You have to PVR and delay the telecast just a bit. Anyway, it sounds like HNIC wasn’t too bad last night.

42. habstrinifan says:

My new man crush… Thomas Vanek. And I am not sucking up cause of the two goals last nite… my pre-game posts pointed out his impact in the playoffs so far. The ‘line’ isnt a scoring machine but Vanek has contributed mightily.

He did start last nite’s game more like Kovalev though.

43. CAPSLOCK DAN says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

ANTICIPATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. Say Ash says:

Reilly Smith already talking about Pens/Rangers. Man, that team’s level of contempt is staggering.

The hockey stats folks who really really dig their statistical analysis will be happy to hear about what may be coming down the pipe.

• krob1000 says:

Actually I am a critic of the stats they have right now that they call advanced…to me they are a simple rearranging of waht is already there….kind of like the funny Diamond Shreddies cereal mock campaign. But this is a little more intriguing…still say the key to measuring a player is decsion making and play away from the puck but this will help track that and will be of some use and the mere fact it is different is interrsesting enough to me. We’ll have to see how it shakes up but I am open to this type of indivudual tracking…again still so many factors but at least this is different data.;

• BriPro says:

Regardless of stats, there’s no better way to properly evaluate a player than prolonged scouting.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Add interview to that.. Can’t determine if a person is nice and has morals through scouting.

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

• BriPro says:

True! It’s still human contact.

• JohnBellyful says:

Bruin scout: Kid, ever been caught stealing, cheating, mugging?
          Prospect (nervously): Stealing, cheating, mugging?
          Bruin scout: Yeah.
          Prospect (hesitantly): Ummm, ahh, eeeee, ooooo…
          Bruin scout: Kid, I said caught. Have you ever been caught stealing, cheating, mugging?
          Prospect (lets out deep breath): Ohhhhh. Nope, never.
          Bruin scout: Kid, if you’re still around in the sixth round, we’ll draft you.

“Ahem” …. tap….tap….(feedback)

“For our sixth round selection, the Boston Broons are happy to pick….Fleeting Invisible!”

“Uh, Peter, there’s no ‘Fleeting whatsamacallit’ on the list.”

(hand over mike) “F*** Gary! His name is right there!”

“Oh, you mean Adam …” “I KNOW WHO I MEAN! Didn’t you get the memo?”

“Sorry Peter…. go right ahead.”

• frontenac1 says:

Wish they had a”Front Tracker”. I’d like to know how efficient my Walkabouts are.

• krob1000 says:

no Front…no you wouldn’t …ignorance is bliss

• frontenac1 says:

Yeah,you’re probably right amigo. Being a Hedonist I believe in Bliss.

• BriPro says:

Can you imagine the radiation static analysis readings you’d get?
            You’d probably have to go out and drown your sorrows…. wait… :)

• JohnBellyful says:

As the good book says — no, not that one — Blissed are the blitzed.

• HardHabits says:

Enter thee the Palace of Wisdom.

• twilighthours says:

That will be very cool.

• punkster says:

A natural progression of the analytics presently being utilized.

Yes, the eye test is good and will remain a critical component to player and team evaluation…but more is required to gain an edge.

Hockey analytics has evolved considerably over the past 10 years …the early versions of visualization techniques in that article have shown up on many hockey sites over the past couple of years.

Another useful tool for those who want a different, and possibly deeper, perspective of the game.

Release the Subbang!!!

• Mr_MacDougall says:

I still say shot attempt stats are pointless.. I could attempt 5000 shots from the corner and it is the same as 5000 shots from the slot.

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

• punkster says:

However, once you map where those shot attempts are coming from, what kind of shots your using, their velocity, where the shots go, etc…you have a tool for instruction.

(and try using a realistic example…5000 shots from the corner?)

Release the Subbang!!!

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Really? What about traffic in from? Whether the goaltender is prepared? If it is a PP? If the player is in motion? If a player is driving to the net on the opposites side? Whether the shot was predicated by a fake? Whether it was deflected?

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

• punkster says:

Come on now, what do you want? Can your eye test tell you all that? On every shot? And record the results? For every player?

Come on man, analytics are a set of tools that can be used to help break down some of the things your eyes do not see, or your brain cannot possibly record, organize and remember, over larger sample sizes than you can remember, over a greater number of players than you can possibly evaluate at any given time.

Use your eyes, yes by all means. It’s how I enjoy the game, by watching it. I look at the analytics after the fact, I review the trends over larger sample sizes (more games, seasons,whatever).

It does NOT forecast a darn thing but it DOES suggest trends, patterns, things that can be used in association with WITH YOUR EYES, to see a broader picture of the game of hockey.

Release the Subbang!!!

46. Un Canadien errant says:

Reilly Smith is already looking past the Canadiens to his next opponent:

The longer, the better

Reilly Smith said he’s been paying attention to the Penguins-Rangers series. And he’s certainly not unhappy that the Rangers pushed the conference semifinals to a seventh game Tuesday night. “It doesn’t really matter what team you end up playing because they’re both pretty equally matched, but you’d rather them go to seven, be a little bit more tired, for sure,” said Smith .

———————————————————————–
    My sources are unreliable, but their info is fascinating.–Woody Paige

47. krob1000 says:

Welcome to my nightmare…we are driving all night to Myrtle Beach leaving tomorrow (yes tomorrow…Game 7) and we leave right after my youngest has his hockey. I contacted XM satellite radio and theya re going to give me a trial period….but that still does not tell mw ehich channel or how I would listen to the game. Someone…please help.

• Paz says:

I think you need to ask them for a trial of the premium package

I had basic package and I could not find the game Saturday in the States.

Scroll down here.

• RJ says:

usually found on channel 211

“My face is my mask,” Gump Worsley

Enjoy bud! I played there a few weeks ago and the courses were in excellent condition. Hit ‘em straight and keep your fluids up, it is key!

• krob1000 says:

Pretty excited…hoping to get out 5 times…it is a family trip but my stepson just got a membership at best course in Kttown so he needs the practice (or so the story goes)!!! Every year we go and every year I bring my clubs and evey year I only get to mini putt…not this year!!! Will golf early in the morning so I can get back to hang out at the beach and the pools and other attractions with wife and litttle guy. We love Myrtle beach…..if the Habs survive tomorrow I will be going to Murphy’s Law to cathc ome 3rd periods when the boys are done for the day.

It changed names, i didn’t stay as close to it as years passed so i never did stop in this year, just drove by it.

Managed to get most of the games on the regular cable at our condo this year though through NBC and MSNBC. There is a big sports bar at Broadway on the Beach also, not sure if they will put hockey on for you. We always go to the Tilted Kilt at Broadway on the Beach, but I’m guessing given you are on a family trip, that you may not be doing so.

• krob1000 says:

disappointing and encouraging at the same time….I gues sno matter what the ECF’s should have a team that is a big draw in the US…Pitts, NYR, Bos and Montreal …..then you have Chicago, LA, Ana and Minny….hmmmm…..interesting markets kind of makes you wonder when Michael Moore is going to do a documentary on professional sport.

• Maritime Ronn says:

Channel 211 or 207

7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
      NHL Game: Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins
      Hear live NHL play-by-play of the Montreal Canadiens and the Boston Bruins.

Krob?
      You can’t put “nightmare” and “Myrtle Beach” in the same sentence.

Like Gerry, (and I’m sure he is…) I’m envious.
      Only played there once. I don’t have the fortune of doing the annual pilgrimage like Burly.

Have a great time!

• krob1000 says:

lol…too true…spoiled I am. I need to rearrange my perspective…how about this…if Habs win I am celebrating in Myrtle and heading to Murphys Law (bar that shows games…only one I know of)…and if Habs lose it will be like when the Flyers eliminated them in 08…my son was born that night so hockey schmockey…I’ll be on vacation!!!

• The Gumper says:

Not sure about game 7 and the radio bit but all playoff games are being shown on the NBC stations, whether it’s MSNBC, NBCSN etc. As the amount of teams/games reduces, the vast majority of games have been on NBCSN (NBC Sports Net). Shouldn’t be hard to find in any sports bar or through most cable packages in hotels, condos etc. Hope this helps!

• monmick says:

You can always steam a radio channel on your cell…

~~~> Mathematically eliminated…

• krob1000 says:

I’m the youngest dinosaur on planet…no cell here….wife and steps on have em…text only…I have never owned one proud to say!!

• habcertain says:

I think you should consider car trouble…..

48. Un Canadien errant says:

Discussion on the Habs’ goal song? It seems to be the topic of the day. I got a lot of pageviews today from a lot of different sources on my blog for an old HIO post that covers this, with links to various YouTube version of “Le But” by Loco Locass.

———————————————————————–
    My sources are unreliable, but their info is fascinating.–Woody Paige

• CAPSLOCK DAN says:

I WAS ONE OF THE VERY FEW WHO LIKED IT WHEN THEY USED “VERTIGO” BY U2.

SUCH A RAD TUNE, WAS MY JAM BACK IN MY FORMATIVE DAYS. MEMORIES COME BACK, AHH…..

• JohnBellyful says:

Might as well go three-for-three today.
      I hate it when they start singing Ole, ole, ole anytime with more than two minutes to go in the game and the Habs holding a fewer-than-three-goal lead.
      I can’t offer any scientific evidence to support an argument that Ole, ole, ole increases the odds of the opposition scoring if only to end the noise. What I can point to are multiple memories of that very thing happening, so now whenever I hear the fans raise their voices with that refrain it gives rise to unpleasant thoughts and fears of dire consequences.
      I hate it so much — I know, I know, I’m being unreasonable — that I can’t bring myself to even write the word …….c-h-a-n-t.
      Certainly not with a CH.
      Maybe I’m the only Hab fan that’s superstitious. And illogical.

49. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

“So this Bruins-Canadiens series will be going the full seven games. Did you honestly expect it would end any other way?” –a writer for the Boston Herald

Expect it to go 7? Many Boston writers said that the Bruins would crush the Habs in 5, tops.

X X X X X X X 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

50. PeterD says:

This just in…”Leafs to draft Vladimir Putin with their frst round pick in 2014 Draft”. HNIC putz analyst PJ Stock think this is just a terrific pick. ..”Vlad the Bad” adds terific depth to the Leafs…he is very stealthy is his movements, can be either aggressive or dispicably sneaky when crossing into other teams/countries territory. “

• BriPro says:

It’s time the Leafs hired P.J. Stock as GM.
      Another 50 year dry spell. The Chicago Cubs of hockey.

• Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Just to put it into perspective, the last time that the Cubs won a World Series the Canadiens didn’t even exist.

X X X X X X X 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

In my opinion, Marc Dumont is the best writer over on ETOP. However, I have to disagree with him and say that Josh Gorges has been great in this series. Along with Emelin, they were our two best Dmen last night. As for that meltdown in our end with the game 1-0, most of the fault lies with Subban. He took an unnecessary penalty and then played like crap when the Habs couldn’t get it out of their own end. A goal there could have been the turning point.

24.4 Cups

• BriPro says:

That was the only time I was truly concerned.
      The Bruins’ bench was close, and according to RDS, they changed lines three times while we had the same players on for the entire 4+ minutes. That’s a hell of a long time being hemmed in.
      I kept hoping someone would either feed it to Carey or ice it so that MT could call a time-out.
      When they finally got back to the bench, MT rounded up the group, and told them, next time, just ice it! I’ll call a timeout (I know that’s what he said….I can read lips).

• Maritime Ronn says:

Hi Bri

I’m sure you saw this already, but both Gorges and Weaver were on the ice for 3:00 during that….whatever you want to call it.

What was amazing was that Gorges was back on the ice 43 seconds later.

Hi Ron

Amazing indeed! According to Mario Brunet, during the intermission, the 5 players’ collective was on for 4:43. I’m not sure it was that long. Your 3 minutes makes more sense, but it felt like an hour.
          I kept yelling “GET IT OUT!!!”

Having ridden that storm, I knew at that moment that our boys would do just fine!

– John Stewart on Marchand, the RAT

Gorges has been steady eddie back there, full marks to Josh for playing like a warrior. That late season thumb injury may have been a blessing in disguise, allowing Gorges to be rested up for these playoffs. Nobody takes more hits than Josh and he just keeps on ticking.

• 24 Cups says:

Gerald – I thought the same thing about Gorges as well as Price. Those injuries helped those two guys revitalize their games.

Bripro – Your point about giving the puck to Price is well made. I also thought Subban would have been much better off charging after the puck carrier instead of trying to do his birdman routine.

Speaking of The Birdman record from the 60’s, can anybody name the one hit wonder group that recorded the song (no Googling)? HINT: It will make you think of Chara, Marchand and Lucic.

24.4 Cups

• tophab says:

every time georges is on the ice we are hemmed in.

• doc359 says:

Marc is a great follow on twitter as well!

I’d say the reason someone could say that is that he didn’t make as great plays where he swooped in to pick up the puck as he seems to have done every shift of every other game.

I’ll take it as a great sign when people are saying Gorges-Subban was a weakest pairing!

52. icemachine says:

Anyone have the A/V of the Subban quote? It’s not in the NHL or Brenda Branswell videos.

“It’s going to be great,” he said. “I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building.

“I can’t wait to take that all away from them.”

My nephew texted me the following this morning (he is a Huge Leafs fan):

“I think PK did the impossible and has me cheering for the Habs in Game 7. His post game quote was amazing and now I want to see it realized.”

He was referencing the quote you are.

Thanks PK, for at least 2 days, he has turned one of the most ardent Leaf fans who usually hates the Habs, into a Hab fan. This will be good ammunition for me for many many years of family rebellions!

There’s hope after all!

53. montrealtilldeath says:

Play the same game Wednesday. The Canadiens intense hitting and deep forechecking was key in particular the deep forechecking. The Bruins like to flow freely through the neutral zone then dump in at full speed and pound the HAbs in their end. The Habs broke down the neutral zone flow last night and really got them confused. The Bruins have a hard time in their own end when pressured. GO HABS

54. PeterStone says:

Took a peak here after the loss in game 5, and was not overly surprised to see all the whining, all the Therrien needs to get fired, all the we should have traded Markov and traded Gionta. If on Oct 1 we would have said we’d be here today, we all would have taken it. So, stop acting like little b**ches, as they do in Mass, and enjoy the show. GHG.

• krob1000 says:

Game 5 was brutal….only about 4 Habs even showed up….it was enough to drive anyone to drink. Funny though game 6 was as good of a game as can be played by teh HAbs…I am afraid game 7 will be somehwere between…and that means there are some tense times ahead….going to be a nailbiter IMO.

• PeterStone says:

Yup, it was a massive disappointment. Teams always face adversity, great teams overcome them. Win or lose, this was a pretty nice run. But we are going to win.

55. Mick says:

Game 7:
    Habs 3 Bruins 1
    Bruins score first: Iginla
    1 Gallagher
    2 Weise
    3 Eller – Empty net

Ya Baby!

56. BriPro says:

In 1966, I was 7 years old, sitting on my dad’s shoulders. I can still smell the brylcreem. I think it was the last time he hauled me up on his shoulders. And it was for a good cause.

Under the coaching skills of Toe Blake, the Habs were parading down Saint Catherine for the second year in a row. That was to be the last parade that dad and I partook together. And yet, they would parade another 10 times, and I would see one more.

Yvan Cournoyer was an acquaintance of my dad, through their co-ownership of an industrial condo, and I would benefit from this relationship with 4 years of free summer hockey school at the National Hockey School in Saint Anne de Bellevue, on the McGill Campus of McDonald College.

And then I got older. Like most people do. And I swore that if I had a chance, I would sit my son on my shoulders and afford him the memory of a Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup Parade. I haven’t had the pleasure. And now he weighs more than I do, so that’s not happening.

But I’d love to be honoured with the same privilege for my grandson. It’s a fleeting moment, that would most likely span from the Bell Centre to the old Forum. Or this should be the designated route.
    And as fleeting as it will be, the memory will last a lifetime.

It did for me. My father and I had our differences, but the Montreal Canadiens always brought us together.

Time of my life….

• krob1000 says:

You know what…my little guy is now 6….if the Habs win..I am taking the day and going to the parade and putting him on my shoulders…because of your post…I would love my son to remember something like that.

DO IT!
        He won’t be small for long. Enjoy this time with him. It’s like going over a precipice. Time just accelerates and before you know it, they’re gone, with the occasional visit.
        It’s the best time of both your lives together. No excuses. He’ll love and remember you for it.

• krob1000 says:

Oh I know..I can’t believe he is six…I have been coaching my older stepsons rep hockey team the last 2 years and it is about a 25 hour a week committment with where we live (too much time on busses) on top of normal work….I bailed for next season year so I could spend more time with my little guy…going to be an assistant coach instead so when I feel I need to miss a practice or trip and stay home I can.

That would be great Bri! Nice story about you and your Pops, CHeers bud!

Hi Gerry!
        It’s been a while buddy. I hope you’re well.
        I’ve been so busy, it’s insane. But after last night, I figured I’d take a few hours of down time to post and read all-that-is-our-Habs.
        Cheers right back at you!

– John Stewart on Marchand, the RAT

Doing good my friend, nevously ecstatic here in Southern Ontario. Proudly flying my Habs flag on truck and pretty much have been draped in Habs paraphanalia for the enitre playoffs. Sales calls have been a bit difficult with the clothing apparel. Need to find some suits with Habs logo’s on them.

• Habcouver says:

Thanks for sharing.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
      Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

• sprague cleghorn says:

Great post. Been waiting for years to share a Cup with my “little guy”, who just turned 17 and is heading into his last year of high school and minor hockey.

… ‘ow could we forget that?

57. DipsyDoodler says:

Re: the issue of spousal abuse and Milan Lucic.

The facts alone are damning enough.

First, that he was drunk is not an excuse; most spousal abuse occurs while the man is drunk. Using this as a mitigating factor is like saying I hit that pedestrian with my car but I have an excuse, I was drunk at the time.

Second, that he did not cause physical damage is of course a good thing, but what he did: getting drunk, screaming insults at his wife and throwing stuff at her is enough. That’s abuse, even if it’s not a crime.

—–
    Moving. Forward.

• Ozmodiar says:

Also, the whole “don’t discuss because innocent until proven guilty” argument is BS as well, seeing how there’s no such burden of proof in the court of public opinion.

If Lucic wants a good, clean reputation then he can stay the eff out of the news.

All I know is I don’t like Lucic, and I have never liked how he has Phaneuf style to his game. When opponent is smaller, Lucic is big tough guy. When opponent is bigger, he seems to allow Thornton and Chara handle his business.

I have never made fun of his back, didn’t know about it. But i will in a Hab/Bruin rivalry way continue to refer to him and Chara as apes. It is how I view these fellows. Sorry to all the P.C. folks who don’t like it, but I don’t like Marchand, Lucic and Chara. I recognize how very very good Chara is, but that is all I can say.

58. Luke says:

Enough talk about this full team effort. I think we all know who (or what) was responsible for the win last night.

That’s right.

The Good-Luck-Fancy-Coffee wins another.

59. CH Marshall says:

If Chucky is 100% and they insert him into the lineup, who would sit? Briere?

Interesting piece re Tyler Seguin. He would have definately been a factor if he were still a Bruin.

60. WVHabsfan says:

They also used to play “Elevation” by U2 I believe a few years ago.

• mark-ID says:

I believe it was actually ‘Vertigo’ the U2 song you are referring to.

hello, hello, I’m at a place called vertigo, i can feel, i can feeeeeeelll.

61. We’re going to game 7 and we still have yet to ice our best team. Gallchenyuk and Whitie need to get in soon.

One game to Go, please please please beat the Bruins…..imagine taking these guys on their ice? Yikes!

Shane Oliver
    @sholi2000
    A Little fun during the Intermission
    Brandon Predators

62. WVHabsfan says:

@ Sportsfan. I like that one too!

63. WVHabsfan says:

Thanks Mark. Can you tell me what it means? Once again, thanks!!

64. Sportfan says:

They keep saying it cost 10 bucks to go, but in reality it cost 12 bucks, 7.50 is the ticket that goes to charity that’s good. 2.50 is convenience fee which is always bs and the other two is the printing fee which is more BS. Why do we have to get charged extra to print with our own stuff.

That being said I’m stoked to go, but they should just promote the actual price.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

65. From the Boston Herald comments section
    John Valleau > northlander • 2 hours ago
    You mean unbeatable against other all-star teams from other nations that practice together for a week? A real “team” such as the Bruins would easily beat Team Canada in a best of seven.

This stuff is gold Jerry! Gold I tells Ya!

Shane Oliver
    @sholi2000
    A Little fun during the Intermission
    Brandon Predators

66. Sportfan says:

Lines are staying the same tomorrow correct?

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

67. Sportfan says:

Thank god for the presale, I got my tickets before it was set to sell out.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

68. Hobie says:

We should have kept Halak!

69. JUST ME says:

Although i find it unique to Montreal to stack up a place with thousands and thousands of fans to watch a hockey game on a huge tv screen i think that this is looking for troubles. My naive side is a bit fragile with recent events about trouble makers who have nothing to do with my team causing havoc just for the fun (?) of it.

Cause at these mass celebrations anyone joins in and i mean anyone.
    O.k. some will say why spoil the fun of thousands just to prevent what a few punks could do ? I guess for the same reason we do not ban some negative posters we all know here ? le sigh…

Why bother then ? Because my always optimistic outlook on the Habs makes me think a big reason to celebrate is in the wings ! In the wings ! Inside promotion in MTL…You had to be here i guess…

70. WVHabsfan says:

Agreed Timo

71. WVHabsfan says:

It is a great day to be a HABS fan wherever you may be!!

72. WVHabsfan says:

Can any of you guys/gals tell me what the chant is in the Canadiens goal song? I am guessing it is in French. Thanks in advance.

• mark-ID says:

It is “allez allez allez allez Montreal, en veux gagne on veux gagne”. Apologies for my grammer. Essentially saying, go Montreal, we want to win we want to win.

I know a lot of fans don’t care for this years goal song, but I really like it. It was specifically written for the Habs, their own little anthem. It is catchy also.

This is the song:

Budaj in net for game 7.

74. CJ says:

Second? Go Habs!

75. Ozmodiar says:

Chucky now skating with teammates.

Would love to see Vanek – Pleks – Chucky in the next round!

• CJ says:

Agreed. He is missed. At 100%, he adds another dimension that is not easily defended.

• Timo says:

I wonder if Therrien should reunite Vanek with DD and Pacioretty. Quite frankly the Plekanec line is not a scoring threat… at best, they don’t allow a goal. Putting Gallagher back with Pleks and Bournival could spark that line as well, and seeing how hopefully Max and Vanek found the next last night, this could carry on to game 7.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

No, Chara was put against Vanek and Plek.. patch dominated those other B’s Dweebs.

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

• Timo says:

Good point. I just thought that if by chance Pacs and Vanek keep going in game 7, Chara won’t be able to stop them anyway. Perhaps Michael Therrien will make some in-game adjustments.

• Ozmodiar says:

>Chara was put against Vanek and Plek

He wasn’t. :)

Chara played against Max and DD, mostly. Followed by the Eller line. (remember who Max raced to score his goal)