Habs facing elimination in Game 6

The Canadiens held what could be their final morning skate of the season before facing elimination against the Boston Bruins in Game 6 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series Monday night at the Bell Centre (7:30 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690). The Bruins lead the best-of-seven series 3-2.

The morning skate in Brossard was an optional, but the only player who didn’t take part was goaltender Carey Price. Head coach Michel Therrien also wasn’t on the ice.

“There’s nothing we can do about the past,” Therrien told reporters after the morning skate, which lasted less than 30 minutes. “We need to have the right attitude. I like the attitude of our group right now.

“I see tonight’s game as a very interesting challenge,” the coach added.

Therrien wouldn’t say if there would be any lineup changes for Game 6.

If the Canadiens win Monday night, Game 7 will be Wednesday night in Boston.

(Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Game 6 Preview, NHL.com

Game Notes

Game Day Report, Canadiens.com

Five Keys to Game 6, Canadiens.com

Morning skate interviews (video), Canadiens.com

Habs remain confident while facing elimination, by The Gazette’s Pat Hickey

Watergate II takes on life of its own, by The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs

‘I know that we can be better,’ Subban says, by Dave Stubbs

Habs-Bruins rivalry will only get worse, by Jack Todd for The Gazette

Challenge accepted by Habs, Canadiens.com

Habs need big guns to step up, Sportsnet.ca

Bruins bracing for desperate Canadiens in Game 6, NHL.com

Bruins feel better about power play, NHL.com

Simple solution for Canadiens: ‘Put it in the net’, NHL.com

Close-out time for Bruins, bostonbruins.com

On to Game 6 for Bruins (video), bostonbruins.com

It won’t be easy for Bruins to douse Canadiens’ fire, Boston Globe

Bruins repeat of Game 5 effort will finish Habs, Boston Herald

1. Webs says:

And that’s why we advanced stat weenies prefer Beaulieu to Murray.

2. Kythehabsfan says:

Prediction: Briere and Beaulieu in the lineup. Prust and Murray out .

3. BJ says:

New thread come on over…..

4. Habcouver says:

I’ll have to say at this time of our playoff season that our boys have to learn to win and take no excuse for losing.
    Finding a way to win, not finding a way to lose.

Ken Dryden once said he was bored because the team in front of him always prevailed. I didn’t agree with his logic but I believe those Hab teams were skilled but carried a winning attitude.
    Our boys need to inject a winning spirit, which they have done with a great regular season and first round playoff. I’m hoping they will keep battling to sustain that pride tonight to challenge for the Cup. Regardless of the outcome, I’m still a Habs Fan.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
    Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

5. Storman says:

HE FOUND THE DOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

6. Paz says:

Hey Boone is working tonight. Live!

Turn the page.

7. mdp2011 says:

@LouisJean_TVA: Can confirm Nathan Beaulieu to make NHL playoff debut tonight. #Habs #Bruins

• JohnInTruro says:

This is good. Glad to see Therrien isn’t too blind to go for this.

• Ozmodiar says:

and there it is

• SteverenO says:

regardless of how he performs, It would have been a tragedy had the series been lost and Beaulieu did not get a chance to play.

I know that I am no great “hockey mind” like Scotty Bowman or Jacque Lemaire, but knowing the Bruins like to dump the puck in deep and punish the defensemen against the glass, I would of considered that perhaps a smooth and fast skating defenseman would be something desirable. The Bruins seem to think that it is an asset they enjoy in their defense corps.

The shame is in not having Beaulieu and (Tinordi, and possibly even Patteryn who may be just as good as the other two “Game ready” by virtue of having had more regular season game experience.

regards,

Steve O.

8. Storman says:

Fearless prediction Lars Eller has another great game, he has been our best forward game in game out during this playoff run.. 2nd prediction Nathan Beaulieu gets an assist or two tonight.

9. doug19 says:

in hindsight I would have liked to see Budai in game two.
    He might have stolen it but more important given Carey a break.
    Next year will be better for Habs younger talent. I would have liked to see more of the younger talent in these playoffs. However the team must have loyalty to those who have NHL contracts and made the playoffs. The Bulldogs IMO were a large disappointment for this year after all the fanfare. One can hardly point to Bulldog’s success to justify promoting anyone really!

10. Paz says:

Habs win 2-1 in overtime.

The winner scored by Daniel Briere, of course.

11. JohnInTruro says:

It’s all about Nathan Beaulieu tonight folks.

• Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Confirmed that he’s in. I had better NOT be all about him tonight. If it is, it’ll be because the veterans haven’t pulled their weight.

X X X X X X 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

• JohnInTruro says:

Haha sorry Chuck not my point. Just hoping he is in, and can make an impact like Subban did years ago. He is exactly what we need dressing tonight and I love this prospect. So pumped for him to make his 2014 playoff debut.

P.K. Subban and hockey’s problematic relationship with players of color
    By Harrison Mooney | Puck Daddy – 5 hours ago

13. Chuck Kept Calm and Carey'd On says:

Losing is bad. Getting ousted from the playoffs is worse. But the absolute WORST is being eliminated by the bRuins. It means enduring months of put-downs from the worst fans in hockey. Their fan base knows absolutely nothing about being a good winner.

X X X X X X 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

• mdp2011 says:

Not to mention getting eliminated by the Bruins on home ice. Habs have to win tonight, they just have to.

• FlyAngler says:

Agreed. Even worse if you live in the Boston area and have to look at that spoked B every day. I have no doubt that there must be some nefarious connection between the Boston Bruins and the Satanic Black Mass that is taking place at Harvard this week…. clearly the Bruins own some of Lucifer’s minions……..

“Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!”

14. Storman says:

By game time i surely will be typing in slur,, or Punjabi, At leats Cherry well be adle to understend

15. JF says:

Many people seem to agree with Jack Todd that the Habs had a chance to win this series but lost that chance by surrendering their two-goal lead in Game two and by failing to score a single goal in Game four. But if we simply look at tonight’s game in isolation, there is no reason to think we can’t win it. It’s one game, right? We’ve beaten the Bruins before, right? So just go out there, score some goals, and win. Scoring goals seems to have become the tricky part….

• Paz says:

Score the first one. Take the lead. Get the crowd going! Then let Carey stone them

• FlyAngler says:

Disagree with Todd. The first couple of games don’t matter too much with these 2 teams as they did not in 2011 when the Habs won the first 2 in Boston and then lost in 7. We knew that this series would not be over in 4 or 5 games and that it would be decided in game 6 or game 7. Great character test for the Habs- maybe as the Boston Globe’s Kevin Dupont suggests, Mr. Thornton has lit a fire under the Habs or even better a blazing inferno.

“Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!”

• johnnylarue® says:

I’ve made my peace with this season already, but it’s time to be honest with ourselves: there is no reality in which this Boston team will drop Game 7 at home.

• Chris says:

Jane: They absolutely can. What has me disturbed is that the forwards have basically been a no-show for two straight games, and everything that Therrien has tried has failed to kickstart their passion or energy level.

I can’t quite figure when it happened, but the forwards have been playing like they know that the series is over. Maybe they can shake off the lethargy and give themselves a puncher’s chance in Game 7, but it is awfully hard to turn it around when the entire group has seemingly lost its confidence.

In my best case scenario, the most cursed of the group, Max Pacioretty, bags an early goal. If that happened, my rather pessimistic view of the team goes out the window and my the team’s chances of advancing suddenly seem more realistic.

I would love Therrien to start Pacioretty-Deharnais-Vanek with Markov and Subban on defence for the first shift. Put the pedal to the floor right from the outset and try to establish some energy, demonstrate to the Bruins that they aren’t going down without a fight.

16. habs001 says:

Please give it up on Eller…The reality is he is a 15 goal a year type player…Posters get so fooled with little scoring streaks on this site and this has been true for years…He has value but he is not a number 1 or 2 centre…

• Louisville says:

Actually he is probably more like a 20 but MT has hurt every player on this team except his favs DD and Prust and Beaulieu.

• Paz says:

Are you David Desharnais?

• krob1000 says:

DD would not post that..despite my dislike for his overusage he is a classy guy by all accounts…..his friends or family ….they may though.

• Paz says:

You give me 4 years and 14 million I could be classy.

• krob1000 says:

lol….true enough….but at the games I have been to he interacts with fans and is one of a handful who truly seems happy to be there every time I have gone. He always acknowledges some little person. He skates with his helmet off and you can tell he understands where he is…probably because of the path that got him there..but still…that I rrespect. I just wish the team would use players in their optimal roles…I think too many are not being used optimally…so I whine on the internet…HIO gives me people who will lsiten…likely disagree…but at least listen.

• Paz says:

Well I usually agree with your posts. The problem is the coach won’t take my calls since I called for his head after the Carolina meltdown. He’s freakin holding a grudge! Unbelievable!

• Ozmodiar says:

would you let DD play through?

• FlyAngler says:

When he was skating regularly with Chucky and Gally, he certainly looked like a potential 20-30 goal scorer. If he looks more like a 15 goal a year player at this point, the coaching staff bears some of the responsibility for that……….

“Gardez la Foi! Keep the Faith!”

• krob1000 says:

Little scoring streaks…sigh…his 48 game season was dd pace, his start when getting pp time was dd pace (that stretch was the same as DD), his playoff with 2 capable linemates…is dd pace. Unbelievable…guy is again the best forward on the cie …was last year at seasons end too …. and this is what he gets. DD has played well this year but I am not living in a vaccuum and I realize their points output and effectiveness are not just points based. At equal money assuming a GM offered me Lars Eller for DD I would say done deal….and then look forward to talking to that gm again very soon. DD played incredible down the stretch, scored some huge goals but his game is extremely limited, and he needs to be protected and propped up…Eller can produce similarly and be of more value…and by the way…DD is also a 15 goal guy…oops I mean 16.

• Old Bald Bird says:

Thumbs up. Forgetting about scoring prowess, he can otherwise play a strong game. Overall , I think he’s been better than Pleks in these playoffs although I might be flagellated for ‘saying’ that. :)

17. Storman says:

Patron going down way to smoothly, i am ready for the game,, GO HABS GO, its only3:30 in Wisconsin, must be almost 7pm in Montreal.

18. johnnylarue® says:

In the year I turned 27, I developed the habit of rounding up my age in an attempt to get a leg up on the shock-horror that is aging. I also set the time on my alarm clock to be 5 minutes fast to create the illusion that I’m sleeping in later than I really am.

I guess you could call me a master of self-deception.

As such, this series for me ended when Boston scored their second goal in Game 5. (Sorry folks, we’ve all watched enough hockey over the past several years to know how this story ends.)

But on the bright side: my grieving is done! No more heart palpitations, no more cold sweat–I can even grow fingernails again!!

So tonight’s game just feels like the pre-season to me… or a Bronze Medal game, at best. I’m just going to try to enjoy it for what it is: low stakes, playing for pride, etc. Any result will be fine, and ultimately inconsequential.

Habs were full-value this year: it’s been an unexpectedly great season, and I’m perfectly happy to leave it at that. ;)

• habstrinifan says:

Yeah sure…. type me how calm you are when the anthem begins…. if you can freakin stop your hands from shaking.

Seriously though I kinda want to view this game like you are, but I also feel that this 1 game.. this 1 series could either vault the HABS into a period of great confidence and smart decision making re next few years or could re-ignite that awful awful phrase “rebuild”. With the only question being how many players are to be involved in the rebuild.

19. Chris says:

I’m wearing the jersey tonight. If they’re losing without it, I might as well get at least one more chance to wear it before it goes into storage for the summer.

On a different note, I feel absolutely dirty for cheering for Anaheim, hoping that Teemu and Saku can go out with a Stanley Cup if the Habs can’t win it. Cheering for the Ducks also means cheering for the sleaziest player in the league, Corey Perry.

Seeing Saku in the line-up next to Perry hurts almost as much as if Mats Naslund would have came back to North America to play in a Boston jersey. Fortunately, that never happened.

Don’t link me any fancy stats page, it simply didn’t happen in my reality. (Similarly, Toronto is not part of Canada in my reality. I like it here…it is nice.)

• secretdragonfly says:

Um, Perry is sleazier than Marchand or Cooke? Aside from that, I agree with your post, especially re: Toronto :)

• Mr_MacDougall says:

From the other thread, I agree that An argument could be made for Hossa as the top Hawks forward. He has amazing anticipation and overall awareness. Had he stayed with the Sens, he’d be more revered than Alfy IMO

~~ Plekanec at the Disco ~~

• Paz says:

Did I ever tell you about my Mats Naslund encounter?

Long, long ago, I was golfing with 3 friends near the airport, and this stocky, shortish man, walks right up to us while we stood on the tee.

He was alone. Confident. In a slight hurry.

As he approached I knew who he was.

(I’m good with faces but can not remember names. I can also tell you whether a player shoots right or left, any player I have ever seen live or on TV. Crazy talent I know.)

Of course it was Mats. He asks our permission to play through, and we all laughed embarrassingly, and shook our heads in an “of course dude” type of nervous shake.

He whipped around and pulled out his driver, which was neither new nor was it expensive by any means, and he crushed a ball about 250 ( back then that was far) right down the middle!

He thanked us politely, walked straight down the middle of the fairway, and we never saw him again.

Mats can flat out play golf!

• Chris says:

I still love that he worked as a carpenter in the off-seasons. Completely different world from today’s players, many of whom will never have to work another day in their life.

Naslund’s biggest salary in a season was around $330,000 per season. That really puts into perspective how much the game has changed. Today, even the fourth line pluggers make more than double that amount.

• RiverviewCanadien says:

Uhhh…myself bring a huge Naslund fan…cannot forget.

The last team he played for was the Bruins.

XX|XX|XX|XX|XX|XX|10|9|8|7|6|5|4|3|2|1

==============================================
      Folks, it’s Playoffs time, and that’ll keep ya on yer seats!
      ==============================================

• Habcouver says:

Chris, I’m wearing my jersey too, so the double negative will result in a positive outcome.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
      Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

• Chris says:

I’ve resolved that since I did everything right and the Habs lost, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that somebody else on this site clearly let down their guard.

Now, I have to change up the mojo somehow…some sort of Reverse Jinx. It is do or die time. Our backs are against the wall. We’ve got to do whatever we can to win this series.

So the question is…do I channel the white jersey, hearkening back to a better time (the 1980′s, in my case) where home games in Montreal were a daunting proposition for the road team?

Or do I channel the red jersey, in homage to the colour the team will be wearing tonight?

Oh, decisions….I’m leaning white.

• krob1000 says:

Ahh…Mats Naslund…that takes me to a much simper time…worrying about arcade, hockey card and chip money and when , where and what we were going to play on a given day…tehn when you got inside the game hof hockey was on and it was at arguably it’s pinnacle around those times. Wayne and Mario at the height of their games…man were we spoiled.

• Chris says:

Don’t forget the annual tradition of beating the Bruins in the playoffs. ;)

I miss hockey cards, even now. But I can’t stand how that industry has been destroyed by the adults with Peter Pan syndrome. Seeing packs of cards costing $2 is ridiculous. Seeing them over $5 should be criminal.

The last straw for me was when the card companies started bying up memorabilia just so they could destroy it and include a small shred of Doug Harvey’s jersey or Georges Vezina’s pads in the card. That is just tragic as far as I am concerned, and everybody involved in the industry, including the fans that push for that crap, ought to be ashamed for the destruction of history.

20. JUST ME says:

With all due respect are we going to have to deal with the trade D.D. thing again ? I hope you guys appreciate the fact that this team is in the playoffs and are men enough to admit that no D.D. no playoffs. That simple and obviously still a tough pill to swallow for many of you but le p`tit gars a fait la job.

• CH Marshall says:

Hasn’t been doing it this series tho… I’ll gladly eat crow tonight otherwise

• munch17 says:

Sorry,I don’t buy it.
      DD was always given first line duties, first line pp time ( which sucked) and top wingers.
      We don’t know what Eller,Pleks,or Chucky would have done given the same opportunity. Bottom line – he is not a first line center.

• johnnylarue® says:

I suspect this place will become the textual equivalent of Chinese water torture over the summer months… as usual.

I still recommend dropping by for the pizza recipes, though!

• Habfan17 says:

There are other players in the league that would help get the habs to the play offs! They need players that can get them through the play offs!

I appreciate what DD has accomplished, The Habs need more size and strength down the middle. If Galchenyuk gets moved to centre next year, someone needs to go!

Habfan17

• Ozmodiar says:

“No DD no playoff”

I’m not so sure. I don’t think it would be that difficult to replace the 52 points. Just let ‘em play with Max, give ‘em all the minutes on the PP with PK and Markov. I think there are plenty of players in the NHL that could do that.

21. Paz says:

Here’s the simple math.

If we don’t win tonight, we will have lost 3 straight, including 2 out those 3 at home.

Any team that does that does not deserve to advance.

That is why I believe we will win tonight and force game 7.

Tonight’s first star, Carey Price.
    Second star, PK Subban
    Third star, Nathan Beaulieu

• johnnylarue® says:

Sigh. I wish MT had the ‘nads to play Beaulieu.

Alas, it’s just not in his programming, I fear. Game 5 would have been the perfect opportunity to go full “skilled and fast” but our intrepid coach went the other way instead.

Still, the guy put a lot of his bad old habits to pasture this season so credit where it’s due… to an extent, anyway.

22. Luke says:

Pretty quiet game day… how odd. Like a lurking fear, perhaps?

Hmmmmmm…

wel, everyone, enjoy the game tonight! Catch y’all on the flipside.
    Hopefully we’ll be worrying about game 7 on Wednesday.

23. sCOTT1243 says:

Was just thinking for tonights game I would pay $500 to walk into the habs dressing room and go full rage…it would look someting like this:

Price and Subby please ignore.
    Patches quit being scared of boston, Chara situation is over and done with,
    Vanek wake the fawk up cause you continue Minny won’t want you,
    DD please demand your 2 buddies back and take advantage of it, Pleks your brain fart is in the past, Eller, Bourque we miss you come back,
    Gally how’s your full body bruise feeling,
    Prust at this point I’d fight you, Moen and Weise if someone blockers your teammate in the head, hits from behind, slashes their wrist off, go after that person, take the 10 who gives a rats a$$, Briere play well tonight it may be the last of your career and to the rest of you WAKE UP!!!!!!

Then I’d ask for autographs :)

Comon boys you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. habsfan0 says:

Today was Toronto Raptor day here in Toronto.
    Losing Game 7 of a first round series is enough to trigger a celebration in this town.

25. BJ says:

Canada hangs on for a 4-3 win.

26. Storman says:

LOL what was Hudler thinking,,

27. WVHabsfan says:

F Boston!!! That is all.

28. UKRAINIANhab says:

You guys seriously watch the WC? Wow

Yammy Yagah!

30. The Teacher says:

There was no will to win on Saturday. Let’s see if the will is there tonight. Has to be a team effort.

Jagr is better than Briere.

32. arcosenate says:

Just remember there’s a crap load of shame in failing, and anyone who fails sucks and should never be allowed to try again.

33. Say Ash says:

Team Canada pulling a Habs finish

34. BJ says:

Canada 4-3 Czechs completely dominating the last 5 minutes. Reimer in nets and he knows how to meltdown those 2-3 goal leads late in the game.

35. 123456 says:

On a positive note I have to miss the beginning of the game for my kids game . . . . I missed one of the games against Tampa – I hope this is a good thing.

36. BJ says:

Czechs score 4-2 Canada 8 minutes left.

37. arcosenate says:

I think we’re going to have to bring our lunch pails and do what with them I am not sure, maybe wear them on our heads but at least that’s better than giving it the ubiquitous 115%.

38. SteverenO says:

After all the discussion regarding advance stats, possession stats, Fenwicks and Corsi”s here is a look at the MOST IMPORTANT stat, in fact the ONLY stat that really matters.
    Goals Scored and Goals Allowed. GF vs. GA (also expressed in (plus+/- minus), or the Performance Metric I prefer; Minutes Per Goals For and Goals Allowed. MpGF/MpGA .

DEFENSEMEN

Emelin: 193 min – 4 GF/ 9 GA 48 MpGF 21 MpGA
    Markov: 194 min 2 GF /7 GA 97 MpGF 28 MpGA

Subban: 202 min 10 GF /9 GA 20 MpGF 23 MpGA
    Gorges: 190 min 11 GF /9 GA 17 MpGF 21 MpGA

Weaver: 115 min 8 GF /3 GA 14 MpGF 38 MpGA
    Bouillon: 85 min 7 GF / 3 GA 12 MpGF 28 MpGA
    Murray: 32 min 1 GF /2 GA 32 MpGF 16 MpGA

Here are the forwards broken down:

Prust : 91 min – 5 GF/ 5 GA 18 MpGF 18 MpGA
    Bourque: 137 min 7 GF /6 GA = 20 MpGF 23 MpGA
    Vanek : 126 min – 3 GF /4 GA = 42 MpGF 32 MpGA
    Plekanec: 150 min 7 GF /11 GA = 21 MpGF 14 MpGA

regards,

Steve O.

• arcosenate says:

So what we’re looking at here is Emelin and Markov soiling the sheets…

• SteverenO says:

Well, I would say they (Markov and Emelin) are being outscored,

Its not hard to understand that the concern of the player, (the objective of the game) is to score more goals than the other team. There should be equal concern with scoring goals as their is to goals allowed.

A player that is on for 20 goals for and 25 goals allowed has done WORSE than a player who has been on for 10 goals scored and 5 goals allowed.

Defensively, Emelin and Markov are playing just as well as the other defensemen, the problem is that we are not scoring with this duo on the ice. Even you play perfect defense, its impossible to win if you don”t score. This goes for ALL the players, ALL the time.

If anyone doubts that , try and win a playoff game 0-0.
        All the people who believe plus minus is no important, or a meaningless stat, must have never seen an overtime playoff game.

regards,

Steve O.

• Chris says:

Sure. But the other reality is that you have to look at who those players are being matched up against and what role they are being asked to perform.

Markov and Emelin are not guys that score goals. Markov sets up goals. Unfortunately for him, the entire Montreal forward group, with the exception of the Eller line, has been underperforming.

Subban is the centre of the Habs’ offence when he is on the ice, and his shot is such a weapon that he can create offence for hiself even when his forwards are laying an egg.

Nobody on the Habs’ defence corps deserves to be hung out to dry. They have done their job in spades in this series. The offence sucks because the forwards have sucked. That is all there is to it. If Subban is the centre of your offensive game, as he has been the past 2-3 games, you will lose far more games than you win.

The goal-scoring forwards are the guys to paid to produce offence, and they haven’t been doing it.

• kalevine says:

but does this include power play goals? Plus/minus doesn’t, and scoring on PP is important. A goal is a goal. It would just be nice to get one 5 on 5

39. Storman says:

Hey Timo do we need to play 60 minutes or a full 60 minutes.

40. Storman says:

As MT says we need to be prepare

• BriPro says:

Care to translate that into french for me?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      That is some of the most Free-range, Organically-grown, Disingenuous,
      Idealogically-marinated, Un-Self-awareness I’ve ever seen in the wild.

- John Stewart on Marchand, the RAT

41. CHicoHab says:

Somebody has to come up big tonight and make a statement on the ice. A big hit, tenacious checking, even a scrap!! Who do we have that might ignite this all important game in our favour. Who?? Suggestions please.

42. Say Ash says:

Habs can’t be clichéd. The have to dictate the cliché, stick to the cliché and pull out all the clichés. The game will be a lot closer than the final cliché indicates.

43. BriPro says:

I hope I get to post the following signature for the next month or so.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    That is some of the most Free-range, Organically-grown, Disingenuous,
    Idealogically-marinated, Un-Self-awareness I’ve ever seen in the wild.

- John Stewart on Marchand, the RAT

Wow, Russia is destroying US.

45. Ozmodiar says:

if anyone hears a Pacioretty pre-game interview, please pass along what he says.

I’m curious to know how he’s going to play tonight, and don’t have the patience to wait until gametime. ;)

46. Ozmodiar says:

Aside from the requisite big performances from PK and Price, I think the team really needs a big bounce back game from Plekanec.

He’s been playing well these playoffs, as has the team.

He has one shite game, and the team follows suit.

Funny how his bad game gave us a glimpse of how the team follows his lead. I thought of that last night while watching Crosby lose his composure and get off his game, while the rest of the team followed along.

47. Cal says:

4-1 Canada after scoring 2 quickies in the 2nd. Bieksa gets his mouth sliced and diced.

Wow. 4-1 Canada and still about 3 mins to go in a major penalty.

49. habsguru says:

so excited for the game, after 5 years i decided to add a gravatar!!!

50. Storman says:

I just heard Gally say we need to play 60 minutes,, holy crap I hope the game does not go into overtime.

51. Danno says:

So stoked!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

52. habsguru says:

4 ancious hours

53. Storman says:

Reasons pre game intervies are so useless,,
    its win or gome home
    one shift at a time
    My all time favorite,,we need to play 60 minutes

54. habsfan0 says:

When was the last time the Habs lost three straight games?
    It won’t be tonight.

55. Storman says:

Tonight’s pre game player interviews should be a cliche waterfall.