Habs expected to stick with same lineup in Game 3

The Canadiens held their morning skate at 10:30 a.m. in Brossard as they prepared for Game 3 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series against the Tampa Bay Lightning Sunday night at the Bell Centre (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690).

Judging by the lines at the morning skate, it looks like Canadiens coach Michel Therrien will go with the same lineup he used for victories in Games 1 and 2 in Tampa.

“The guys are excited about playing at home, but they understand the importance of remaining focused on the task at hand,” Therrien told reporters in Brossard after the skate.

“You don’t pick up 100 points by just being good at home or on the road alone,” the coach added. “We’ve found a good balance.”

Of the 100 points the Canadiens earned during the regular season, 51 were from home games (23-13-5) and 49 on the road (23-15-3). Only two teams in the Eastern Conference had a better road record than the Canadiens: the New York Rangers (25-14-2) and Boston Bruins (23-12-6).

Canadiens defenceman Mike Weaver, acquired from the Florida Panthers at the NHL trade deadline, told reporters he’s looking forward to playing his first playoff game at the Bell Centre.

“The regular season is already pretty exciting,” he said. “I can’t imagine what it will be like tonight.”

The Lightning skated at the Bell Centre Sunday morning with goalie Anders Lindback leaving the ice first, a sign that he will get the start for Game 3 after being pulled in Game 2.

Ondrej Palat, who missed Game 2 with an upper-body injury, was on a line with Nate Thompson and Richard Panik at the morning skate and it’s expected to be a game-time decision on whether he plays.

“Everyone thinks we’re supposed to lose,” Lightning coach Jon Cooper told reporters after Tampa’s morning skate. “Now I’m hearing done, be on the golf course by Wednesday, I’ve heard it all.

“But at some point they’re going to have to do that in front of their fans, try and knock us out. I’m sure they’ve never had a 2-0 lead on the road and come back and blown it.”

In 2011, the Canadiens won the first two games of an Eastern Conference quarterfinal series in Boston, then dropped Games 3 and 4 in Montreal before losing the series in seven games.

Here’s how the Canadiens’ lines and defence pairings are expected to look for Game 3:

Prust-Plekanec-Gallagher
Gionta-Eller-Bourque
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek
Bournival-Briere-Weise

Subban-Gorges
Emelin-Markov
Weaver-Bouillon

(Photo by Mike Carlson/Getty Images)

Game 3 preview, NHL.com

Game Day Report, Canadiens.com

Game notes

Morning skate interviews (video), Canadiens.com

Lightning coach Cooper remains at ease down 2-0, by Bruce Arthur of Postmedia News

Habs happy to be back home, by The Gazette’s Brenda Branswell

Bell Centre dressed up for playoffs, by Brenda Branswell

Five keys to Game 3, Canadiens.com

Lightning’s Palat remains game-time decision, NHL.com

Lightning found a diamond in deep rough with Palat, Stu on Sports blog

Lightning look to turn tide, tampabaylightning.com

Canadiens focus on business, NHL.com

Roster depth drives Canadiens, Tampa Bay Times

Lightning needs ‘A’ game for comeback, Tampa Bay Times

Gudlevskis should start Game 3, Tampa Bay Times

Gudlevskis not thinking about Game 3, Tampa Bay Times

Lightning coach Cooper says he’s a ‘people manager’, Stu on Sports blog

Habs fans have watched Carey Price grow up, Stu on Sports blog

NHL 14 playoff simulation had Habs sweeping Lightning, Stu on Sports blog

1. B says:

If it ain’t broke…

–Go Habs Go!–

2. Habcouver says:

New thread.
    See you on the other side.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
    Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

3. Fansincebirth says:

Effing Nut Breaker scores…such BS. Should be gone from the game/series

4. frontenac1 says:

Lucy scores. The Gods must be crazy.

5. UKRAINIANhab says:

He should not even be playing…

6. Captain aHab says:

Crap, defensive breakdown.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

7. Fansincebirth says:

3 straight penalties….nice.

Go Wings!

8. Captain aHab says:

The problem I see with Boston’s “bang you into the boards” strategy is that laying out hits drains you as well. They don’t seem to have much in the tank right now.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

9. Clay says:

Bruins getting out worked.

__________________________
    ☞ “The deepest sin of the human mind is to believe things without evidence” ~ Aldous Huxley ☜

10. Captain aHab says:

If they waive that goal, we’ll know the fix is in.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

11. Clay says:

Big goal.

__________________________

• Habcouver says:

Mo(town)mentum change starts now.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
      Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

• Clay says:

They’ve been pressing for a while. Nice to see.

__________________________

• Habcouver says:

True dat. The ebbs and flows of playoff hockey are amazing.
          I hope our Boys adjust to this throughout their series.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
          Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

12. Captain aHab says:

Miller should have split Chara’s nuts.

The postgame would have been interesting when Chara would have had to say something else than “it’s a gutless move by a gutless puke” to not make Lucic look bad.

—————-
    Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

13. GGtheHab says:

Sorry boys, I got caught up in the emotion and for the first time in many years put money on Les Habs…but it has been a long time since I had the feeling we were the better team and firmly in control…Trottier and bossy needed goring….I see a stamkos…but don’t see a Goring..hoping my money is well invested

14. Mr. Biter says:

Have my Doubts that Lucic would ever try the stick trick on Murray. Next shift when both are on would be fun to watch.

Mr. Biter
    No Guts No Glory

• frontenac1 says:

Lucy won’t go with Crankshaft or Parros. He’s a spot picker. Now get rid of the Damn Instigator Rule and well…..

• Captain aHab says:

Crankshaft could just tell Lucic he can either go or $5K says he’ll regret it.

—————-
        Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

15. AceMagnum says:

Lindflatonhisback or Goodlucksis tonight?

—————————-

THE KINGS ARE KINGS!! 2012

16. jctremblay says:

Detroit didn’t show up in this one..Still, if not for Howard’s “panicky guy” pass to his defenseman, it would only be 1-0. They are letting a lot go…and giving the home team the calls. In other words, typical NHL style “even things up in the series” behaviour. If Detroit actually got some time in Boston’s offensive zone, they’d have a chance to win but they don’t seem have any jump.

• Habcouver says:

Still over half the game left. I’m hoping for a momentum change soon, like a penalty.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
      Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

17. Butterface says:

I would have guessed 2 for Seabrook…. 3 is fine.

Should be for as long as the player he injured is out if longer than 3 games, but I will take the 3.

***********************
    If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…..
    ***********************

18. 24AW says:

Lose tonight and the picture changes, Win and it’s all but over. A quote from some of my ole coaches.

19. Butterface says:

Kerry Fraser is a dork.

Always reffed with his ego.

***********************
    If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…..
    ***********************

20. The officiating is to one sided IMO. Bruins are having there way as usual. This game is going to get ugly during 2nd and 3rd period. Bruins are winning and now they are out to hurt every Red Wing with all their speed when the puck is in the corner. Krejci should have gotten a penalty for hit on Smith. Refs are turning a blind eye when this happens. Calling it a good hit. Unbelievable!!

21. Habitant in Surrey says:

…so far, a perfect Easter Sunday morning

…was awoken in the early hours by My Daughter whom just turned 16 excited by the chocolate and candied eggs she found hidden around Our Home

…You don’t know what an inner content that brings to a father seeing His now almost grown Daughter still child-like in Her excitement for Easter morning

…My Son out on a bottle-drive to raise funds for His high school …I started the turkey in the oven …later hustling to get Ourselves together for Easter Mass, the Church over-flowing, the flowers over-flowing, the hymnal music searing Our souls on the meaning of this special day

…here’s hoping if You are Christian and have children that Your Day was as complete as Ours

…now Quent and I can sit back and enjoy a more Earthly pleasure of watching Our Habs trying to write some history of it’s own

…a meaningful and a Happy Easter Day to all, no matter Your persuasion

_________________________________________________________
    Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Campaign to Retire Toe Blake’s Number 6 !!!

22. Habcouver says:

Goons are easy to despise.

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
    Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

23. UKRAINIANhab says:

I want to face Boston, and kick there ass. We can do it. I hate them like crazy

• Habcouver says:

Not looking too far ahead, I would like to see our boys beat those Neanderthals (no disrespect to our ancestors) with speed.

I am concerned by how much the refs/NHL let go with the blatant goonism permitted, so I’d prefer to see us meet them in a year or two when Tiny is a stronger and meaner.

(I hope we trade for Gadzic)

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
      Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

24. habcertain says:

Who are the refs tonight?

25. Habcouver says:

Is Daddy Campbell throwing the game again?

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
    Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

26. Mavid says:

hey look, yet another Wings penalty..go figure

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

27. Say Ash says:

Each Red Wing should put $5000 in an Easter basket, give it to Bettman and have at it.

28. Mavid says:

boy its not hard to figure out who these fox guys are cheering for..and hey oh look another Chowda head power play..

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

29. scrotchland says:

wow….same lineup for the habs tonight. what a genious that therian is.
    look for tampa to score early and take the crowd out of the game. we hab fans will be disapointed, 5-3 bolts.
    remember like president linkedin said, “you can leave a horse by the water, and hopefully he will drink”

30. Mavid says:

I am watching the Wings/Chowda heads game on TSN..I hear this horrible horrible noise..it sounds familiar..oh yea its that tool McGuire..

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

31. Lafrich says:

I am sure this has been discussed as nauseum, but $5k for Lucic for that spear?!?!?! Wow. I am begging a Red Wing to do it to Lucic, and I will pay the $5000. Anyone want in?

32. mark-ID says:

I never thought I would be such a huge Red Wings suporter. Plus i was one of the few to have them upsetting Gooins in my pool :)

33. WindsorHab-10 says:

Rangers blowing a 2-0 lead. Must be true that a 2 goal lead is the worst lead in hockey. Hoping Flyers/Rangers goes 7.

34. Prop says:

Go Wings!

____________________
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

35. UKRAINIANhab says:

Some complain about CBC commentating but just listen to that NBC guys voice.

Argh!

36. Just heard on NBC that Brett Seabrook (Chi) receive a 3 game suspension for his hit on David Backes (Stl).

37. Danno says:

Hoping the Nut Cracker gets his comeuppance today.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

38. Da Hema says:

Is there a movie in the last ten years where Morgan Freeman doesn’t have some role?

39. OptimystiCH says:

I’ve been trying all weekend to come up with a name for our top line, the best i could come up with is the
    Desharnai S
    —–Vane K
    Paciorett Y
    SKYline. Maybe even the Montreal SKYline.
    The team is soaring and so is this line.
    I can envision a jet flying by at full volume on the jumbotron leaving a smoke trail with SKY written on it, and, each member of the line posing arms folded under their respective letters.
    “The SKY is the limit.”

40. Habitoba says:

Wonder who will pick up Murray after this season?

41. Storman says:

Congratulations in order for Canada Women’s Tennis on making history in joining World Elite Group Eugenie “Genie” Bouchard and Canada just defeated Slovakia and Jana Čepelová,, to go up 3-0 as Habs will do later today..

This was kind of funny during match, Tennis commentator said about Jana Čepelová, when i think of Jana i think great feet , great head,

42. The Jackal says:

TB is not “done” but the Habs have what it takes to outplay them tonight and stay in control. It won’t be easy even if we win every game, gotta be ready to keep up the intensity and compete level and don’t let TB back in. They will come out guns blazing and we need to take it to them and score early.

43. AceMagnum says:

So, does that ominous ‘players only meeting’ on the Tampa side mean the Habs are in for an eye opening comeback by the Lightning or is this one done and done? What say you?

—————————-

THE KINGS ARE KINGS!! 2012

44. The Jackal says:

Who shat in RoofDaddy’s cornflakes and how bad was his lobotomy lol?

45. Rad says:

So Tampa Associate Coach Rick Bowness says the Lightning have not yet brought their “A” game to the series. He says that is the main thing discussed in the Tampa dressing room in that meeting after Game 2. I think it is fair to assume we will see that A game tonight. Tonight’s game may very well be the toughest game in this series. Habs will have to be uber-ready to meet the challenge — and I think they will be. The inimitable Montreal home crowd will give our boys goose bumps before even the first puck is dropped, and may be the difference tonight. I hope we have Lady Luck on our side — you need that in today’s game, where a couple of bounces here and there can separate winner from loser.

46. Stanley Cup or Bust ! says:

What’s worse to be hit in the nether region with a wooden or a composite stick ? I vote wooden, less flex.

47. JF says:

Look for the Lightning to come out hard and fast, try to score an early goal, get a foot hold in the game. Habs will have to be ready to withstand this assault. Last game the Lightning had five shots on Price before we got one on Lindback; they fired off nine of their 26 shots in the first seven minutes. After that we started taking over. If they start the same way tonight but manage to score, it could be an entirely different game. If they get two, they’ll try to shut us down.

48. mark-ID says:

Just watching last nights 24 CH now…..did anyone else see the game in Chicago, there wasn’t room for the backup goalie on the bench….so Toker was in the dressing room watching the game on TV with a bag of popcorn. Hilarious stuff.

49. WindsorHab-10 says:

Jon Cooper will live to regret his comments to TSN. Let’s burry those suckers & send them back to suntan on the beaches of Tampa.

Ken Campbell @THNKenCampbell
    “OK, so you grab your own privates in the NHL and get fined $25,000. Spear another guy in the privates and get fined $5,000. All right, then.”

Justice in today’s NHL.

24.2 Cups

• Butterface says:

Yeah…. I think they could appeal the $25,000 now. Seemed harsh to me.

Lucic is just classless.

Quenneville I give the benefit of the doubt. The refs are not all that great.

***********************
      If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…..
      ***********************

51. Danno says:

MSG still has the crappiest TV camera setup for hockey

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

52. The Teacher says:

I called Habs in 5. They are going to lose one at home. Not sure if it is tonight or Tuesday yet.

53. Butterface says:

Crucial game three. Don’t let the Lightning get back in the series. The shorter the series goes the less likely Bishop is able to “elbow” his way back in the picture.

Killer instinct boys, killer instinct.

I think the Bruins will have a bounce back game tonight. I expect Lucic’s $5,000 fine will calm him down and he won’t go nuts.

But if I were Jimmy Howard and Lucic is on a breakaway….I would expect a deke to the 5-hole. Lucic has a penchant for going between the legs.

Excited for the Habs game….. Get ‘er Done !!!

***********************
    If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…..
    ***********************

54. Say Ash says:

Lightning head coach Jon Cooper suggested the series is far from over, telling TSN, “I’m sure they’ve never had a 2-0 lead on the road and come back (home) and blown it”.

lol I kinda like this Coop guy

55. RoofDaddy says:

Ok remember I’ve got my horse and cart on this series (4-2 TB!)

Here is what my visions tell me:

TB 5 MTL 3
    Filppula, Killorn, Stamkos, Callahan, Thompson
    Gionta, Plekanec, Markov

BOS 4 DET 1
    Spearmaster, Iginla, Marchand, Hamilton
    Datsuyk

56. I BELIEVE THAT IT’S MEANT TO BE

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Milan Lucic Has a Severe Problem

57. Lots of great comments on last thread. I gotta say Stephane Quintal needs to be replace after this playoffs are over. SQ had a chance to make a statement and failed with a big F on his decision not to have an in person hearing with Milan Lucic.

Although a penalty was not called on the play but this is not the first time Milan Lucic has tried this. Where are the reporters to ask any Bruins about his actions? The bar is set for other players to attempt Milan ” Jewel Nutcracker ” Lucic. A fine was awarded for this incident of $5000.00 by the league office. What a joke!!

A reward is offered for a MAX of $5000.00 to give Jewel nutcracker his justice. What comes around must go around. Bruins have been given a lighter sentence in every category from league office. Man OH man what does it take before a serious injury will occur as a result of Milan Lucic misuse of his stick and actions.

Hoping the younger generation does not attempt what Milan Lucic has been getting away with. There is no justice for this type the Bruins get away with at no cost. Shame!! Shame!!

Go Habs Go!!

58. habsfan0 says:

Without checking the internet, when was the last time the Habs were up 3-0 in a series and won? My guess is 1993 vs Islanders .

59. chesterfiled says:

Looking forward to live blog
    If the CH win the home games, seems probable to me, I hope they finally do away with the sticks in the air fan salute. What is that anyways, you watch a whole game where every high sticking is called, so team wins and are instructed to wave ‘em around at us as a show of appreciation?! Who makes these gimmicks up anyways. I say nobody loses an eye with a triple low five…

• Old Bald Bird says:

The triple low can really smart if you miss. Lucic knows this.

• mark-ID says:

It started after the last lockout to thank their fans for coming back…..rightfully so.
      I like the fact that they do it……..as I feel they do owe the fans a great deal for supporting them. Allow them to be apart of the win with the team. Don’t see it as a gimmick at all.

And yes…..I am still a little bitter about the last lockout haha

60. sweetmad says:

Darn wrote a post in the last thread,can’t cut and paste on this thing it will freeze,it will do nothing,takes me too long to retype,but all I basically said was Patches is getting fraustrated it shows on his face,just relax patches it will come.
    GO HABS GO ALL THEWAY

• Chrisadiens says:

I got your back Sweetmad…….

sweetmadAPRIL 20, 2014 AT 12:02 PM

The Bolts are doing quite a job shutting down Patches,and he is getting up tight,and trying too hard just watch his face when his shot is blocked or stopped,relax Patches it will come,don’t start holding your stick too tight,just enjoy yourself,you are supposed to be having fun out there,you are one of the reasons we are in the position we have,so don’t blow your cool,only Timo will blame you and he blames everyone.

It’s hours untill the game,wander if I can make it.

Happy Easter to all those who celebrate it,we will be at home all day alone,Mike is going to make me mushroom crepes in tomotoe sauce with loads of veg,I don’t eat meat,so if Mike wants meat he cooks,he is a classically trained chef,so no problem,and it means he does all the cooking,picked a good one.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

61. centre_hice says:

I’m so sick of Boston always getting away with dirty hits and never paying the price for it …there has to be a way for fans to send a message to the NHL that we can see how they get preferential treatment

62. rljmartin says:

Milbury just said Seabrook should get 5 games…. Is he going soft in his old age?

63. reddog24 says:

Heard HNIC got plenty of questions as to why the Bully Cherry never mentioned the Ludic spear on Coaches Corner. He must have been made to after the game as Puppet McLean came out and asked him about it. Imagine if that had been PK SUBBAN what would have been said by ALL CBC/HNIC crew. Talk about WIMPS and bias against the only Team from OUR COUNTRY in the Playoffs. Won’t give up on the Laughs, bringing Kadri on when plenty of other players and coaches would have so much more to offer. People in Toronto are even sick of the CBC One Team Wonder.

64. habsfan0 says:

Even though the Habs didn’t score the 1st goal in Game 1 and still won, I think it’s very important they get the first goal tonight to really put the crowd into the game.

65. reddog24 says:

What store are the Toronto Maple Leafs not worthy of entering? WINNERS!!!!

66. Bash says:

Galchenyuk?

Wherefore art thou? Has thou drinketh of the clear waters? Wilt thou step to the fray to fuel our forge?

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

67. byebyegomez says:

You have to ready. Gotta stay logged in at all times

68. habfan01 says:

Dang would have been first if I didn’t have to log in. Day late and a dollar short. Going to be a great game and a pumped up crowd. Wish I were there.

69. byebyegomez says:

Go Habs!

70. mark-ID says:

haha yea…..it’s so true. Keeps his emotions in check. I was just thinking to myself….man, good thing he didn’t hurt his wrist trying to break that stick.

71. AceMagnum says:

Yeah..umm newsflash…everything he said was …wait for it….the truth.

—————————-

THE KINGS ARE KINGS!! 2012

72. AceMagnum says:

I think he’s a great coach. He’s trying to get the Habs riled up and off track. Luckily they’re a little more highly evolved than some of their fans…not naming names. hehe

Seriously I don’t blame anyone for being slightly slighted…but he’s not in the same category as the Walrus who needs to be publicly beheaded.
    —————————-

THE KINGS ARE KINGS!! 2012

73. Storman says:

Is that a hint to their girlfriends and or wives? for winning game 3

74. Garbo says:

Nonsense. Should’ve been at least 5. Blatant vicious elbow to the head of a player in a vulnerable position.