Habs cut 18, including Leblanc, Tinordi

The Canadiens announced Monday that 18 players had been cut from training camp, and 16 of those players were assigned to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs.

Forward
Louis Leblanc, a first-round pick in 2009, was sent back to the Montreal Juniors, and defenseman Jarred Tinordi, Mon6treal’s first-round pick in June, was sent to the London Knights of the OHL.

The  Bulldogs will

Fortier
Ian
Schultz
Aaron
Palushaj

1. LA Loyalist says:

We have 4 seasons in LA: equatorial heat, wildfire season, torrential rain, mudslides – and the occasional earthquake just to see if we’re paying attention.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

2. LA Loyalist says:

Yo, Observer, I’m in Hancock Park with no A/C except for a little floor model. Last night was pretty bad. Where are you?

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

3. LA Loyalist says:

Thank you for referencing Rick Green. Man I miss him in our zone.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

4. LA Loyalist says:

You sound like Obama.

5. solomio says:

Promise? Really? Lets Go Panthers !!

6. Danno says:

Robert, will be missed. Loved his fine informative, historic pieces. Masterful work. Is it to work on the Newsy Lalonde book perhaps? Robert, I wish you well and hope you can resume the blog soon.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

7. andrewberkshire says:

Great avatar! Knock him on his ass PK!

8. 24moreCups says:

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing him play a couple pre-season games, oh well hopefully he has a good season with the Dog’s.

9. New says:

Good reasons from a good man. I learned more about the team I follow from reading Robert l’s posts and blog than I would have ever thought possible. His and Chris Boyles shot analysis told more about the playoffs than any two hundred other articles.I don’t do facebook or SB nation accounts, but Robert, if you’re wandering by just simply “Thank you.”

10. secretdragonfly says:

WHAT!!!!! This is an outrage – Robert, you can’t abandon us even before the regular season starts.  At least wait until the All-Star break for pity’s sake.

11. Say Ash says:

Ha! If you start blogging for the Flyers, you might also be blogging about Price soon enough. I sure hope not.

12. SeriousFan09 says:

Not a happy day for the Habs blogosphere, Robert L is for the forseeable future, discontinuing his impeccable work at Eyes on the Prize. He is planning to work on outside projects and will be missed as one of the best in-depth writers the Habs blog network had.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

13. mike g says:

I might start blogging for the Flyers, who knows…

All I know is that it’s in Price’s hands….

Cheer him on if ya like me.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

14. secretdragonfly says:

What is it about Twitter that makes seemingly normal people tweet tripe that they would never otherwise say or write?  There’s no cloaking device built in, as far as I know.

15. namgel says:

They should have a referendum tonight.

Anyone for Price sit, anyone against Price stand up and Leave.

16. ZepFan2 says:

Just fuel to add to the lingustic fire.

Look everybody, English Canada hates us. Referendum!!!

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

17. db says:

c’est pas compliquer…

18. ZepFan2 says:

Pfft, you think that scares me?

I’ll tell you one thing…yeah, umm…what were we talking about again???

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

19. HabsTrueBlue says:

True but since Pierre Curzi is the Parti Québécois language critic we expect and are used to idiotic political rants from him :-)

20. db says:

The last time montreal fans had anything to do with all star voting it didnt help our cause heh

21. SeriousFan09 says:

Good point, but sadly it will be lost out on the ‘Anglo picking on the poor Quebecois’ nonsense again.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

22. ZepFan2 says:

Did Curzi apologise for his idiotic statement?

Funny how the Anglo must apologise, while the Separtist gets to rant and say whatever he wants with no reprecusions.

Nice.

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

23. HabsTrueBlue says:

LOL Gregory Stewart may disagree with the statement “that’s good”

24. SeriousFan09 says:

It’s a Farve if he goes off to to a team nobody really cares about to blog post (like Atlanta) than he leaves Atlanta and goes to our worst rival (Toronto) this is more of a Selanne/Niedermayer for ANA situation.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

25. andrewberkshire says:

They were echoing Martin Mcguire’s report about the organization not being thrilled with his attitude. Only one report from all the ones that I read complained about his attitude, but you never know.

26. secretdragonfly says:

That’s no ultimatum – you can just pull a Tony and post under a gazillion pseudonyms.

27. nightmare_49 says:

l – I was being a tad sarcastic.

28. fbkj says:

pffff im sensing a favre

29. namgel says:

If this was posted already I apologize.

All I gotta say is WOW !

30. SeriousFan09 says:

“Over my life, I’ve found there are things you just shouldn’t say but since it doesn’t seem to matter now, the following people just flat out suck…”

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

31. Danno says:

Normal?

Be careful. Your brain could be playing tricks on you.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

32. mike g says:

12 Corona’s can make you do terrible things…

So, I’ll try stop at 11.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

33. ZepFan2 says:

I am NOT!!!

I HATE you!!!!!!!

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

34. mike g says:

Ah, what can you do?…

I like to live on the edge, and I think putting my HIO contract in Carey’s hands tonight , is doing just that…

So, if the Habs are losing late in the game, I’ll post my last comment on this site.

And I promise it will be one to remember, lol…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

35. fbkj says:

id rather pierce my own frenum with a bic pen then watch that

36. longtimehabsfan says:

A tad more offense than Rick Green is not much since Green had no offensive game.  But if he plays the corners and the slot like Green I’ll take it!

37. Chorske says:

Wasnt there a comment by either Boone or STubbs regarding slight concerns about his intensity?

38. mike g says:

I honestly don’t know….

I think I’ve watched it about 6 times in my life, and I always manage to either laugh at how they talk stupidly, or how they praise the Quebecois nation…

If I’m drunk enough, I’ll watch it I guess…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

39. ZepFan2 says:

He’s definitely a masochist.

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

40. gloveside says:

The ’93 logo was brutal anyway. How is the Boston AS logo with the “hockey-playing patriot guy” not kicking ass?

41. Danno says:

Sal should really switch to decaf!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

42. SeriousFan09 says:

Shouldn’t have bet your Habs I/O career-length contract.

I hear Boone’s ony picking up offers from the Oilers and Blue Jacket’s blog networks so far.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

43. ZepFan2 says:

Don’t do it. You’ll just regret it. He did.

Just sat there all night long with his head in his hands mumbling, “wtf have I done”, while we giggled.

Good times! lol

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

44. mike g says:

Is it normal?…

That I’m actually nervous before a pre-season game?

Tabarnack, Montreal…..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

45. C_Hand says:

What the heck happened with Avstin??

46. ZepFan2 says:

Well his only kill last night was different to say the least. He was like an animal.

To be fair, the guy should have shut his mouth about what Dexter’s dead wife could do to him. lol

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

47. mike g says:

Laugh all you want, but that might happen…

If he doesn’t play well, the Bell Center will go nuts, and who knows what will go down in this city’s downtown area following the game….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

48. nightmare_49 says:

Tinordi showed me that he has the essentials to become an NHL D man, his bad points are easily erased under astute coaching so with good development the future is very bright.

I see him becoming a Rick Green type D with a tad more offense, i’m extremely excited.

As for #51 that everybody is doing cartwheels over, yes he impressed me but he also impressed the Blues fans in training camp but has only been average in the AHL. The game is played in two ends of the ice and most forwards have to excel in those areas, when the season begins where ever you are there will be systems you have to compete against and that is where you prove your value to an organization.

Your developing in the right direction Aaron, good luck in your future.

49. mike g says:

WTF…

I was there in August and it was 65 degrees!

I had to buy a hoodie instead of t-shirts.

Was really dissapointed.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

50. Caballero says:

My friend, tonight it’s all about the pizza, the friends, the beer and the game. I haven’t been this positive about my job in a while knowing this is what’s going on tonight.

51. fbkj says:

why the hell would you watch l’antichambre?

52. ZepFan2 says:

Please, no spoilers.

I pvr’ed it. Haven’t watched it yet.

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

53. 123456 says:

American Pickers – don’t laugh i am serious…….

unless i can get an online feed for hte game – atdhe did not have a feed for the weekend games when i looked.

54. ZepFan2 says:

“Goodbye, Rita Bennet.”

Goodbye, Dexter Morgan.”

Brought a tear to my eye, bro.

————————————————————————–

– Steven Tyler

55. Caballero says:

Interesting that David Desharnais is still there no? He is a small player but he has been pretty dominant in every team he has been in. His size may catch up to him in the NHL though as it did last night apparently.

56. mike g says:

LMAO…

You’re giving me ideas…..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

57. fbkj says:

werent you freaking out that they traded desjardins?

58. observer says:

Record-breaking 113 degrees in Los Angeles today.

59. andrewberkshire says:

Dexter was on an hour later than Boardwalk. Watched both. I’m loving Boardwalk Empire so far.