Habs cut 18, including Leblanc, Tinordi

The Canadiens announced Monday that 18 players had been cut from training camp, and 16 of those players were assigned to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs.

Forward
Louis Leblanc, a first-round pick in 2009, was sent back to the Montreal Juniors, and defenseman Jarred Tinordi, Mon6treal’s first-round pick in June, was sent to the London Knights of the OHL.

The  Bulldogs will

Fortier
Ian
Schultz
Aaron
Palushaj

1. lefreak says:

oooops…too many jazz cigarettes for me, disregard.

2. jaymster790 says:

That’s hilarious, but at the same time, can anyone really be worse than Brunet???

3. slapshot777 says:

Did my part.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

4. mbplekfan says:

Adquate size for a young guy with a little offensive upside. Being named captain is a good thing. Could be a solid long term prospect for the team. Maybe like Josh Gorges was, and look how that turned out.

People forget that defenseman mature much later than forwards and usually blossom around 25 or 26. If he is in it for the long haul he may have a career.

5. TomNickle says:

He was talking about Schultz.

6. SeriousFan09 says:

Weber can at least manage in the AHL though and don’t forget, the other Swiss defencemen in the NHL Mark Streit took until his mid-20s to become an NHL player. Nash had a good camp, between him, Carle, Henry, Weber and St-Denis (who did well in Hamilton last season) they should be able to play well enough. Wouldn’t bet a lot on them being NHLers but for where they’re playing they’ll do fine.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

7. mike g says:

Mike G made an ultimate ultimatum….

If CP doesn’t win , I’m off of HIO.

If CP wins, but plays bad, I’m still off HIO..

The only way I continue to post on this site is if the Habs win AND CP plays well……

So, if you like me, cheer him on. If you don’t like me, hope the Habs win but Carey plays decent.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

8. solomio says:

Promise? Really? Lets Go Panthers !!

9. petrov14 says:

Monteal needs some help in this ALL-STAR logo voting contest! http://www.icethetics.info/vote/2010/9/27/polls-nhl-asgtol-week-2.html Were getting trounced by OTTAWA.

Repost.

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

10. TomNickle says:

I realize this.  I like Carle and I’ve been one of Weber’s biggest supporters but I’ve lost faith in him.  I don’t like the group of defensemen heading to Hamilton outside of Carle.

Picard and O’Byrne can surely succeed at the AHL level but I wouldn’t count on O’Byrne being down there too much.

11. Lazarus_taxa says:

I also noticed that Alexandre Picard’s name is there but they are saying Pheonix put him there…..Weird

Edit: looks like there are 2 alex picards……

12. mike g says:

Dear Benoit Brunet,

For years I had you penciled in as the worst broadcaster in the history of professional sports. But, it’s with great pleasure that I have removed the tag from your name.

That honour now belongs to Montreal Impact’s play-by-play man, Brian Wilde.

Very nice guy, and always very optimistic about all things in sports. I like hearing him talk on television, but…..

If any of you have ever heard him describe and do a “goal call”, you’d understand. I shudder when I hear those calls, and for those 15 seconds I feel embarassed to be an Impact fan.

So congrats to you Benoit, you’re #2!!!!

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

13. SeriousFan09 says:

They’ve yet to send down Alex Henry, Mathieu Carle and Yannick Weber to be fair, a few of those Hamilton Ds we see now are going to see the ECHL or will be cut. Not to mention Picard could head down as soon as Markov gets back in the lineup since O’Byrne would have to clear waivers to be sent down.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

14. TomNickle says:

Can he?  Thought last year was his last season of junior hockey eligibility.

15. Danno says:

Robert, will be missed. Loved his fine informative, historic pieces. Masterful work. Is it to work on the Newsy Lalonde book perhaps? Robert, I wish you well and hope you can resume the blog soon.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

16. Bill J says:

Uhm nm all the rest (most of which I agree)

WTF is this business about “one of your last posts”

???

17. lefreak says:

he is going to the OHL.

18. TomNickle says:

Could be a long year for the defensemen Ian.  I like what the team has at forward but the blueline is going to have to play over their heads for the team to be successful.

19. TomNickle says:

Yepper.  I got Schultz WAY ahead of Palushaj long term.

Palushaj had flashes of good play, but I’m not getting the love affair so far.

At this point you want to find out who can fill out your roster.  Are people willing to have Palushaj ahead of White and Pacioretty?

I’m not.  He hasn’t done enough and he seems to have a habit of turning the puck over at the opposing teams’ blueline.

20. slapshot777 says:

Just glancing at the waiver wire on TSN and noticed that our buddy Gregory Stewart was put on waivers from the Edmonton Oilers.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

Sure looks like the Bulldogs are going to have a heck of a team this year.

22. mike g says:

True, forgot about him…

But I think 2nd line is a little much for him.

Career 3rd liner sounds better, IMO.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

23. nightmare_49 says:

Habs Fever:

by Brian Wilde / CTV

(includes starting lineup for tonight’s clash). via Arpon Basu Tweet.

24. aemarchand11 says:

I see schultz being a solid 2nd-3rd line winger. Needs to put on some muscle. and he will improve in the AHL.

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

25. andrewberkshire says:

Great avatar! Knock him on his ass PK!

26. 24moreCups says:

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing him play a couple pre-season games, oh well hopefully he has a good season with the Dog’s.

27. mike g says:

This might be one of my last posts, so I’ll make it worth while…

Out of all those players, barring any crazy increase in talent/devellopment, Tinordi-Leblanc-Palu are the only 3 that I can see having an impact in this league.

If they all continue on their courses, they should be fine and in MTL in 2-3 years.

**Avtsin, didn’t see him play so I can’t judge. And Mayer is my underdog pick.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

28. New says:

Good reasons from a good man. I learned more about the team I follow from reading Robert l’s posts and blog than I would have ever thought possible. His and Chris Boyles shot analysis told more about the playoffs than any two hundred other articles.I don’t do facebook or SB nation accounts, but Robert, if you’re wandering by just simply “Thank you.”

29. Rage says:

As an side I got a chance to watch Habs prospect Morgan Ellis in QMJHL action this past weekend. He qwas named aptain of the CB Screaming Eagles and from every indsication will do a fine job. He is a good defenseman who has an offensive upside. He made a great play to keep the puck in on a PP and generally looked to be one of the most mature players on a young CB team. A 4th round pick in 2010 I am not surprised that he didn;t stick around in the main camp however I can see him signing after junior and could be a dark horse to make the team in a few years. Should be back up that wayu fpor a game in the next month or so as well so I will report an update.

30. JIMVINNY says:

Based on post-game comments that everyone’s already heard, and the comments from Gorges and Pouliot found on TSN right now, it’s clear that even if the coach and management aren’t going to say it, the players will.

STOP BOOING, IT DOESN’T HELP.

What, what, what!?!?!?! Price is not on that list.

JUST KIDDING!!!!

32. secretdragonfly says:

WHAT!!!!! This is an outrage – Robert, you can’t abandon us even before the regular season starts.  At least wait until the All-Star break for pity’s sake.

33. Say Ash says:

Ha! If you start blogging for the Flyers, you might also be blogging about Price soon enough. I sure hope not.

34. SeriousFan09 says:

Not a happy day for the Habs blogosphere, Robert L is for the forseeable future, discontinuing his impeccable work at Eyes on the Prize. He is planning to work on outside projects and will be missed as one of the best in-depth writers the Habs blog network had.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

35. mike g says:

I might start blogging for the Flyers, who knows…

All I know is that it’s in Price’s hands….

Cheer him on if ya like me.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

36. secretdragonfly says:

What is it about Twitter that makes seemingly normal people tweet tripe that they would never otherwise say or write?  There’s no cloaking device built in, as far as I know.

37. namgel says:

They should have a referendum tonight.

Anyone for Price sit, anyone against Price stand up and Leave.

38. ZepFan2 says:

Just fuel to add to the lingustic fire.

Look everybody, English Canada hates us. Referendum!!!

————————————————————————–

- Steven Tyler

39. db says:

c’est pas compliquer…

40. ZepFan2 says:

Pfft, you think that scares me?

I’ll tell you one thing…yeah, umm…what were we talking about again???

————————————————————————–

- Steven Tyler

41. HabsTrueBlue says:

True but since Pierre Curzi is the Parti Québécois language critic we expect and are used to idiotic political rants from him :-)

42. db says:

The last time montreal fans had anything to do with all star voting it didnt help our cause heh

43. SeriousFan09 says:

Good point, but sadly it will be lost out on the ‘Anglo picking on the poor Quebecois’ nonsense again.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

44. ZepFan2 says:

Did Curzi apologise for his idiotic statement?

Funny how the Anglo must apologise, while the Separtist gets to rant and say whatever he wants with no reprecusions.

Nice.

————————————————————————–

- Steven Tyler

45. HabsTrueBlue says:

LOL Gregory Stewart may disagree with the statement “that’s good”

46. SeriousFan09 says:

It’s a Farve if he goes off to to a team nobody really cares about to blog post (like Atlanta) than he leaves Atlanta and goes to our worst rival (Toronto) this is more of a Selanne/Niedermayer for ANA situation.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

47. andrewberkshire says:

They were echoing Martin Mcguire’s report about the organization not being thrilled with his attitude. Only one report from all the ones that I read complained about his attitude, but you never know.

48. secretdragonfly says:

That’s no ultimatum – you can just pull a Tony and post under a gazillion pseudonyms.

49. nightmare_49 says:

l – I was being a tad sarcastic.

50. fbkj says:

pffff im sensing a favre

51. namgel says:

If this was posted already I apologize.

All I gotta say is WOW !

52. SeriousFan09 says:

“Over my life, I’ve found there are things you just shouldn’t say but since it doesn’t seem to matter now, the following people just flat out suck…”

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

53. Danno says:

Normal?

Be careful. Your brain could be playing tricks on you.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

54. mike g says:

12 Corona’s can make you do terrible things…

So, I’ll try stop at 11.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

55. ZepFan2 says:

I am NOT!!!

I HATE you!!!!!!!

————————————————————————–

- Steven Tyler

56. mike g says:

Ah, what can you do?…

I like to live on the edge, and I think putting my HIO contract in Carey’s hands tonight , is doing just that…

So, if the Habs are losing late in the game, I’ll post my last comment on this site.

And I promise it will be one to remember, lol…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

57. fbkj says:

id rather pierce my own frenum with a bic pen then watch that

58. longtimehabsfan says:

A tad more offense than Rick Green is not much since Green had no offensive game.  But if he plays the corners and the slot like Green I’ll take it!

59. Chorske says:

Wasnt there a comment by either Boone or STubbs regarding slight concerns about his intensity?

60. mike g says:

I honestly don’t know….

I think I’ve watched it about 6 times in my life, and I always manage to either laugh at how they talk stupidly, or how they praise the Quebecois nation…

If I’m drunk enough, I’ll watch it I guess…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.