Habs call up Tinordi from Bulldogs

Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced on Thursday morning that the club has called up defenceman Jarred Tinordi from the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs.

Tinordi, a 21-year-old who was selected by the Canadiens in the first round (22nd overall) at the 2010 NHL entry draft, played 55 games with the Bulldogs this season, posting 2-9-11 totals to go along with 51 penalty minutes. The 6-foot-6, 218-pounder will add size to the Canadiens’ blue line while wearing No. 42.

After beating the Ottawa Senators 4-3 in a shootout Wednesday night at the Bell Centre, the Canadiens announced that Greg Pateryn was being returned to the Bulldogs. Pateryn played three games with the Canadiens after being recalled from Hamilton on March 7.

The Canadiens were given the day off Thursday and will be back on the ice Friday at 11 a.m. in Brossard as they prepare to visit the New Jersey Devils Saturday night.

(Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

Tinordi’s turn for blue-line audition, by Pat Hickey

Eller salvages shootout win over Senators, by Pat Hickey

Eller is bigger, stronger and faster this season, by Brenda Branswell

One of Eller’s best efforts as a Hab, by Dave Stubbs

In the Room: “Eller was phenomenal”, by Pat Hickey

Whirlwind two weeks has Ryder on fire, by The Canadian Press

Habs vs. Senators photo gallery

Habs odds of winning 25th Stanley Cup much improved, by Stu Cowan

Rookie Pateryn keeps things simple, by Pat Hickey

Canadiens prospect Bennett growing at University of Michigan, by Pat Hickey

New Bulldogs goalie Tokarski has winning history, by Kevin Mio

Geoffrion considering retirement after serious injury, by Brenda Branswell

The shootout move heard ’round the hockey world, by Stu Cowan

1. habsfan0 says:

Laffs lose.
    What a shocker.

Sports radio call in shows tomorrow in Toronto will feature a panicked Leafs Nation calling in discussing their season high losing streak of 4 games which has them teetering on the edge of 9th place and potentially missing the playoffs again.

2. La Duke 16 says:

Oh Yeah!!

3. Storman says:

man there is absolutely no atmosphere in the Air Canada Center at times

4. Storman says:

The dreaded 3 point game

• La Duke 16 says:

Nice Avatar – I thought I was the only Badger here.

• Storman says:

Thanks love Madison, badger Bob Johnson and his son Mark , Miracle on Ice. but how the Habs ended up including Badger Ryan Mcdonagh in Gomez trade will haunt some memories for me of badger land..

• La Duke 16 says:

I went to school there in the late 80’s – right after Chelios.

I saw McDonagh play a few games in Madison and told my buddies in Montreal that he was going to be the real deal – but not for the Rangers….argh!

• Storman says:

I saw Ryan play many times, Gainey went to Madison when he was getting offers for Ryan, and Ryan had one of his very few bad nights, from what i here Timmins tried hard to dissuade his opinion, but could not change Gainey’s mind no matter how hard he tried .

5. jedimyrmidon says:

Wow, ref prevents Crosby rush.

6. SmartDog says:

Great notes from that Eller article:

For Eller, who has also worked with a sports psychologist, it means working to become a versatile player like teammate Tomas Plekanec, who can play in every situation.

Asked if there were goals he set for himself last summer, such as improving one area of his game in particular, Eller responded: “I wanted to improve everything, but the baseline is being a better player at year’s end than you are at (the) beginning.”

Great attitude. Great player.
    ————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

7. thehabsfan29 says:

So I was thinking buffalo will probably be thinking of rebuilding so I think Jason pominville would work really well in therriens system. Plus he had really good numbers last season but his cap hit is 5.35 mil

What do you think we would have to give up to get him?

• ed says:

Pominville is a terrific 3 zone player. He is a leader, he has scored 30 goals in the NHL twice and 6 consecutive seasons over 20. Sabres would not trade him to Habs unless we way overpaid.

8. ProHabs says:

Apparently the Bruins are going after Perry AND Malone. Can you imagine if they added both of these players.

I am still frustrated the League and more importantly the NHLPA allowed the Bruins to trade Thomas to Islanders to avoid cap problems. Was clearly a trade to circumvent cap.

• habsfan0 says:

It won’t mean anything if the Habs added Stamkos.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

If they give up what it takes to get either of those guys I’d take my chances dealing with them this season and I’d be happy to play in their division for the next half dozen years or so

9. Maksimir says:

I just can’t do it… soooo Go Pens Go… instead of the alternative…

Oh and Go Florida Go! Break out of that slump for tonight.. then go back to sleep..

10. Bripro says:

Amazing.
    The club is in first in the east, and yet there are discussions of trade and even Price bashing.
    Not so much bashing. Certainly not like the post Halak-era, but still mild form.
    Personally, I’m impressed with the team.
    The top 3 lines intimidate every team (except the Islanders),
    and the 4th line is a mish mash of whichever spare is healthy and willing to commit.
    And so far, they’re all in the plus.
    Carey, contrary to popular belief, really is very good. He’s always square to the play. Technically, there’s no problem there. If he can get rid of his occasional brain cramp and focus like he did earlier in the season, then he’ll be fine.
    So I don’t see the problem.
    Sure, it would be wonderful to have 4 intimidating lines instead of 3, but as long as the team continues to play shut-down hockey, followed by very offensive play, then for me, there’s really no concern.
    I haven’t enjoyed hockey this good by OUR team in a long time.
    Let’s all sit back and enjoy!
    Straight on into June….

• Hobie Hansen says:

I feel as comfortable with Price in net as I would Luongo, Rask or Quick.

• Habfan10912 says:

Hobbie, most nights I do too. It seems when he’s on he attacks the puck where it looks like he’s hitting the puck as opposed to the puck hitting him. You can normally tell when he has his A game. What I think seperstes Price is his ability to keep the team in the game when he’s off his A game. See last night.

• Habfan10912 says:

Its a very emotional fan base and its really bad during a game. Players suck or are rated great on every shift and every save or goal. I would imagine most players and coaches would laugh at some of the things that get posted here and on twitter. The thing that bonds us is our compassion for this team. The thing that tears us apart is how some choose to react to that compassion. CHeers buddy.

11. LeHabfan13 says:

Vanek would look good in a Habs uniform

12. Chris says:

I know I’m in the minority here, and I know that people don’t share my opinion of goalies.

But P.K. Subban is far, far more valuable to the success of the Montreal Canadiens moving forwards than Carey Price is. I think his next contract is going to be an eye-opener, and Price’s $6.5 M cap hit will just be the starting point for negotiations.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Subban is out of this world at the moment. Is he more valuable than Price, some would say yes, others no.

If Price is just average or sub par in this year’s playoffs, Subban could look a lot more valuable.

• Chris says:

For me, it comes down to who has the greater impact.

When Chicago one the Stanley Cup, they had great centres and a stud defenceman, turning Niemi into a Stanley Cup champion.

Pittsburgh had Malkin, Crosby and Gonchar to help make Fleury a Stanley Cup champion.

Lidstrom, Zetterberg and Datsyuk made Osgood a Stanley Cup winner multiple times.

Niedermayer and Pronger teamed with Getzlaf to make Giguere (who played out of his mind) a Stanley Cup winner.

Doughty, Kopitar and Brown helped Quick (playing out of his mind) a Stanley Cup champion.

Down through the years, you see example after example of teams that featured goalies that probably wouldn’t be considered consistently elite winning championships because of strength at defence and a couple of elite forwards.

Meanwhile, goalies like Henrik Lundqvist, Pekka Rinne, Carey Price, and Roberto Luongo struggle most years. Those guys are probably the best in the league, yet their playoff success doesn’t really reflect it. It’s one of those crazy things…bad goaltending can sink a team, but great goaltending rarely carries a team. Even Quick, who was the best goalie on the planet last season, just barely got his team into the playoffs. It was only when they became a scoring juggernaught that they realized their potential.

• habs-hampton says:

Different positions, but the bottom line is that neither one could be replaced without a major impact to the team.

• Landof10000lakesHab says:

I think Price is a top five NHL goalie, but / and I also agree with you.

How about this to support your thought, if Nashville offered up both Pekka Rinne and Shea Weber on trade, it’s likely that upwards of 6-8 teams would have a sincere interest in Rinne as he is arguably the number #1 NHL goalie, however; it is likely that all NHL teams would have an interest in Shea Weber as his talent and impact is rare. Subban is not yet a Shea Weber, but may very well be by mid next season.

There are several top tier NHL goalies, but I might suggest that good to very good goalies are more readily available than the number of NHL teams. Both the Sens and Blues seem to have at least three good to very good tenders. Vancouver, LA, and others have at least two good starters. Size of goalies, and size of equipment are likely the key drivers behind the increase in goalie “talent”.

Again, not taking anything away from CP. Love the cool, calm, and collected manner, along with efficiency of effort. I would say that CP is the Habs #1 star today, but as you suggest, not for much longer.

13. Danno says:

Go Leafs!

1-0 so far over the Pens

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

14. Dunboyne Mike says:

Shawn Matthias just scored an unbelievable shortie against Boston in the 2nd!

You must see it! Unreal.

Panthers keeping it close, 2-1.

15. Say Ash says:

Shawn Matthias just scored one the best short-handed goals I’ve ever seen. Go Cats!

16. donmarco says:

I can’t believe the pathetic loser fans at the ACC. Entire SECTIONS are empty at ice level. If I was a die hard Leafs fan (not in this life) I’d have a bag of rotten tomatoes and pelt them with them when they show up 10 minutes in. Absolutely pathetic. In Montreal we know how to power drink and not miss a minute.

• Hobie Hansen says:

The real Leafs fans make up a small portion of the crowd in the ACC. That building is so dead it’s not even funny. The real fans are in the sports bars or at home.

COuple of buddies of mine last year went to ACC got seats near glass and threw their jerseys over the glass onto the ice to show disgust with the product. Another season ticket holder jumped up joined them and threw his. What the season ticket holder didnt know was my buddy threw practise jerseys over the glass. Security escorted them all out of the building, they took down my buddies name and told him he was no longer welcome in the building for future events.

• Habfan10912 says:

Didn’t some fans throw waffles or pancakes or something there a few years ago?

Yah that guy was a celebrity on the radio for the next week or so, he was given a lifetime ban from the ACC. Of course this was before Sportsnet and TSN owned the Leafs, I doubt a guy like that would get air time today.

My buddy made the picture in the Toronto Sun the next day, showing him throwing his jersey over the glass.

• donmarco says:

Awesome story. Wish they were my buddies. It actually sucks for their fans to see so many empty seats when they can’t even afford to go to a game. I wish they’d cut seasons packages to 35 games. Sell the rest to the public and see what kind of a crowd would show up. Place would rock.

My friend owns a very very successful sports bar in the area, he is tired of how the Leafs do nothing for his business. Amazing how the local sports bars suffer with the complete failure of the Leaf organization.

• Bripro says:

Such sharp contrast to Montreal.
            Here, the Habs are the clubs’ salvation.
            The Bell stadium is always packed. Not an empty seat in the house.
            All the clubs are packed, and the streets, even in the regular season are full of fans roaming around.
            You wonder where they came from.

• donmarco says:

It bites when the team you’d give your guts for doesn’t appear to give a crap about you. At least they’ve got a great baseball season to look forward to this year. I’m jealous.

• Sportfan says:

Difference when its way to expensive its hard for all the fans to go, its really time to eliminate the stupid optimum game

• Chris says:

Every Habs game I’ve been to on a week-night has featured wide swaths of the premium seats in the lower bowl going unoccupied. While the ACC is particularly dead (it is a Southern Ontarian thing…people are reserved here, whether it be concerts or sporting events or the dating scene), all of the arenas have significant issues with their premium seats frequently going unclaimed during games.

17. HabFab says:

I notice that others like myself didn’t waste our breath or karma hoping for a Florida win tonight over the Bearly humans.

18. jols101 says:

It is going to be fun to get a look at Tinordi. Love what Bergevin is doing – rewarding the young guys that are working hard with a taste of the big show.

Hope Tinordi plays within himself and doesn’t try to make too much of an impact. Play a sound, smart, rugged defensive game. Above all don’t take on heavy weights – that is not your role. In 2 years when you are 20 pounds heavier and have more experience, then maybe but not now.

Agree, and I am sure that Therrien, Gallant, Daigneault etc… will give him clear instruction on what is and isn’t expected of him. The leadership and instruction of our current mgmt and coaching staff seems to be very clear and full of communication.

19. LeHabfan13 says:

It’s a young mans game. Bring em on. Get rid of the ole Geezers.

20. TheDagger says:

I don’t know if I have any legitimate reason, but I despise Ryan Malone and would hate to see him wearing a Habs jersey!

• Shamrock says:

The reason you despise him, is the reason we need him.

You probable remember a game where he ran at every hab on the ice, also almost took off Chris Campoli’s head with pick off check.

Big nasty forwards with offensive skills are rarely available..and in big demand especially when battling Boston, and the blue print many teams in the league have seemed to adhere too.

21. Danno says:

Penguins vs Leafs…

Go Leafs Go!?

Uhhhhh. I better go take a shower now…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• Bripro says:

I’d like to say that too.
      But I’d probably break out into a rash.

• habsfan0 says:

Can’t they both lose?

• Say Ash says:

Anything but a three-point game.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Not sure who I’d rather win between the Leafs and Pens? I wouldn’t mind the Pens, even if they tie us for first, only because I’d love to see the Leafs, along with the city of Toronto, miss the playoffs again!

I spent 8 years living downtown Toronto and in the GTA and took a lot of abuse being a Habs fan. Those bastards love their Leafs and absolutely despise the Canadiens. The Leafs made the conference finals a couple times while I lived there and the Habs stunk!

So every year the Leafs miss the playoffs I’m thrilled because I know how much it pisses off their fan base and most of the people working at CBC, Sportsnet and TSN. ;-)

• aj says:

@ Hobie Hansen: have you ever tried staying in Boston? I haven’t that’s why I’m asking BTW.

I guess the personalities of most residences in a city reflect the goons they bring on their pro-hockey team.

• Hobie Hansen says:

I couldn’t imagine going to a game in Boston. I’d assume there would be a high possibility of getting a beer tossed at you, sworn at and getting into a fistfight.

• Professor Clio says:

I lived in Boston for 5 years. Went to many a habs game there and its always a ton of fun. LOTS of atmosphere in that barn. It helps that I can take abuse and dish it back with no shame (and I’m a pretty big guy). I did get a beer tossed at me once, but it was in a bar after a Habs playoff win and the boucers threw the punk out in about a half a second.

It was funny to be told “Dirty frenchy, go back home!” and then answer that home was a 5 minute T Ride away. Good times… I much prefered living there than my time in Kingston, the land of Don Cherry… shudder…

• Mr. Biter says:

My cousin lives and works in Boston and is a jerk. Since he’s a lawyer he’s even a bigger jerk. Should have heard him wailing about how the poor broons were hosed after the last game with us and almost melted my computer screen after I sent him the Jullian collection.

Mr. Biter
          No Guts No Glory

Ran into a buddy this evening I haven’t seen in a few weeks, he is Bruins fan. First thing he says to me is that the Habs are divers. Find it odd how they can never congratulate how an opposing rival is playing. I hate to say it, but don’t deny that the Bruins are a very good team.

They call us whiners, all the while they whine.

• Danno says:

Q – What’s the definition of 50 lawyers floating in Boston Harbor?

A – A good start.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
            Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

After the Habs winning the Cup, I want the Leafs to finish ninth…

22. badbalance says:

Emelin came a long way since he came into the league a year ago, this guy is playing solid disciplined hockey. http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=660213

23. Danno says:

Mathieu Darche on Hockey 360 says he got a call from PK Subban when he was negotiating his contract. He says he advised him at the time to sign and just to keep playing like he is capable of playing and the big money would surely follow.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• aj says:

I think Darche should rather be a pro-scout for the organization rather than doing his stint with RDS. I don’t really see him doing TV analyst work and just by judging at his educational background, I could sense he has the knowledge to manage a Hockey Club. Probably not the Habs, but an NHL team whatever that may be.

24. aj says:

I like to see more of Anne-Marie Withenshew’s one-on-one interviews with some of the current Habs players, especially with the new guys in the lineup. It would be more interesting than just watching the 24CH series.

I found some interesting things this season:

I want on HabsTV and saw some of the videologs they have: http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=66&id=219557&lang=en&navid=DL|MTL|home

– It looks like both Prust and PK have the same personality and are gelling together. Both are jokers and are tough on the ice.

– I was watching the First Line Exclusive with MB and I didn’t knew that he and Chris Nilan got into a Melee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBob0a1G_zk

– My impression of this team is that with the new GM, the attitude of the organization has gone more friendlier than the previous years. Just by additions of Prust and Armstrong, the resigning of Boullion and Subban, Ryder coming back gives a lot of flare on and off the ice. Plus, you can see Bergevin’s personality from the way he made this team come together. I like the way he shaped the Habs right now. I don’t know what would happen if Gauthier would still be managing this team…

By the way, does anyone here know any links that I can watch 24CH the series for free?

25. Dunboyne Mike says:

Slightly off-topic.

At the end of the Tinordi Highlights clip you should get a link to a clip (53sec) of Ryan O’Byrne putting a nice hit on Chara and knocking him over. And it looks clean.

Nice to see Chara going over. What’s even more interesting, though, is his immediate reaction, which is retaliation, as if no one has the right to hit him hard. The red mist descends easily with this guy.

And he gets a penalty. As we saw when he assaulted Emelin.

March 27, I say pound him at every opportunity, every shift. He’s not John McEnroe (doesn’t play better the more angry he gets). We won’t hurt him or intimidate him. But we’ll put him off his game. And get PPs. With their best PK guy in the box.

(Btw I can’t see Tinordi being ready for Chara, as some have suggested, until after about another 150 steak dinners).

26. tyshow89 says:

I would be ok with the habs picking Ben Eager off waivers…
    maybe thats why Niko is on waivers?

27. Strabo says:

What is it with people giving PJ Stock credit for his comment? Even a broken clock is correct, twice a day.

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” Albert Einstein

28. Bash says:

What was our puck possession time against Ottawa? (An interesting stat which they use a lot in soccer.) It speaks to the the number of hits in line with Stock’s comment.

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

29. HabFab says:

Tinordi is a big boy but is not the heavyweight fighter too many here expect him to be. In fact, Beaulieu is probably technically a better fighter and Prust could kick both their butts.

• Shamrock says:

Jarrod is a long way from being a nasty kick ass fighter, his father Mark had a much bigger and nasty skill set when it came to fighting, but hopefully his family pedigree will take hold. Jarrod has a great deal of filling out to do yet weight wise with adding some pounds and muscle,,, I hope. He also will continue the maturing process and with some good old NHL mentoring and coaching to help mold him into a dependable Hal Gill Shutdown d with a mean nasty streak that Hal did not have, and also have some offensive upside that Hal also did not have.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

“Prust could kick both their butts.”…at the same time… :)

• Shamrock says:

LOL, Prust is a gem, in the mold of tough guy that can play, and finally a team mate that wants to stick up for his pals, Most guys who fight really do a better job when they are tight with there teammates, and not picked up at a trade deadline, takes time to build that camaraderie and want to go to war for your team mates. Even with that said I would still sure like to see us get another big body like Ryan Clowe , Ryan Malone or David Clarkson at the deadline, I believe this is the year we can afford to let go of a prospect and or draft picks to land A Clarkson, Malone or Clowe, and make a run at Mr Stanley. The NHL these days does not give you many chances to make a serious run like this at Mr Stanley. The team is so tight but could really use some help for Prust as Moen has apparently become a a non factor in this area, or is hiding a some injury which keeps him from protecting his smaller teammates.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Welcome Shamrock.
          Interested in Clarkson, Malone.
          Not sure about Clowe — isn’t he a bit of a dork?!

(Big day for you Sunday — are you here in Ireland?)

• Shamrock says:

I agree Mike, my preference would be Clarkson if not Malone, and if all else fails hopefully we can wean the dorkiness out of Clowe. Not In Ireland this weekend wish I was , I will have to settle for a nice irish Pub hop in Milwaukee this weekend, Mo’s Irish pub, County Clare, The Harp etc..

• Dunboyne Mike says:

The Therrien Dedorkinisation Programme.

Hopefully on Saturday night the Habs give us something (additional) to celebrate Sunday.

Lá fhéile Pádraig sona duit

• HabinNorth says:

Not sure other than size why everyone is clamouring for Clowe and Malone. These guys have the currently have same problem as Moen at twice the price. Moen has playoff experience and hopefully he can raise his game. Clarkson would be great but he will not be available without a significant change to the current roster or significant futures or both. In the case of the first two it is wishing for what we already have and in Clarkson’s case probably dreaming.

30. Phil C says:

Does anyone have any insight on why Nokelainen is on waivers? With the injuries, the Habs have room on the roster for him right now (unless my counting is off). Something will have to give when Diaz, Weber, or Bourque are back, but why not wait until then to make a move? I wonder if a trade is looming?

• HabFab says:

I’m curious too. Maybe the rules are changed but a player coming back from a long term injury used to be able to go down waiver free for conditioning purposes.

• Timo says:

For starters, Diaz and Weber’s return would have no impact on Nokelainen as it is unlikely that either of these 2 dmen would play a forward position under M. Therrien.

Second reason – Nokealainen is useless and Therrien would rather play energetic Dumont or some other youngster from A than another a-la Colby Armstrong.

• Phil C says:

It is a question of roster spots, 23 maximum, so if one of the defensemen come back, they have to make room on the roster.

Can’t argue with your second reason, but if some else gets hurt between now and when the other 3 are healthy, they might be glad to have Nokelainen. The only thing I can think of is that they want to send him for an extended conditioning stint in Hamilton to really test his back.

31. HabFab says:

Nice to see Dallas, Nashville and Calgary all on the outside looking in re the standings. Sure would be nice to acquire some lower Draft picks seeing how we will probably be picking 30th “sigh”

32. Shamrock says:

PJ Stock, Pierre McGuire and Mitch Melnyck on TSN690 the Trifecta of nauseousness and bonus, i will add Rod Francis to that nacreous ear burger being served on TSN690

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Actually PJ made a good point about the being outhit statistic. You can’t hit yourself if you always have the puck…

33. habsfan0 says:

The Habs usually don’t play well in New Jersey, but seeing that the Devils will have played against the Flyers the previous night,I’m somewhat more optimistic.

Unless Martin Brodeur chooses to make his return that particular evening.

34. Hobie Hansen says:

I saw comments on Kaberle being sent home? Did it happen?

Just heard the latest news on TSN 690 and no mention of it so I guess people were just expressing some wishful thinking?

35. Shamrock says:

NY Rangers where high end contracts go to officially turn toxic

36. WindsorHab-10 says:

Jarred Tinordi called up & hopefully playing Saturday. Love it, can’t wait to see him in action & I hope it really works out well for him. Bring on the gorilla, Chara.

37. Scotty90 says:

Hi HIO friends…….. had to post this and hope that as many of you as possible comment…. would especially really like comments from Bruins fans !! Enjoy…lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=npn0dyhSyr0&NR=1

38. Shamrock says:

I mentioned in a job interview today that I am fluently not bi-lingual

39. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

I will never engage again in a discussion within two posts within a post. My head is kiling me…

40. Shamrock says:

Tampa Bay announces Vinny Lecavalier sat awkwardly on his wallet and is out indefinitely with a lower body injury

41. frontenac1 says:

A nice article on a local lad who got his first goalie stick given to him by Halak but his favorite goalie is Price.

42. Shamrock says:

Jarrod Tinordi’s wingspan is as tall as Yannick Weber

43. Loonie says:

Hopefully now that this realignment business is settled the league can focus on Wayne Gretzky’s suggestion of renaming the Conn Smythe trophy after Jean Beliveau.

44. krob1000 says:

Anyone notice that the game is turning more and more into a young mans game again? It seems that way anyway to me…

45. aj says:

I haven’t been here lately at HIO but for some reason I like to make a few comments. I’ve been reading lately on Yahoo! Sports on the new realignment that’s going to take place come 2013-2014 NHL season: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-realignment-now-official-wild-card-playoffs-four-162852277–nhl.html

also, it can be read on NHL.com – http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=660138&navid=nhl:topheads

I like the fact that this post does want to try and bring up the old names of the divisions: Patrick, Smythe, Adams, and Norris.

I wish they could name the conferences like this:

Division A/Pacific becomes Smythe division;
    Division B/Midwest becomes Adams division;
    Division C/Central becomes Norris division;
    Division D/Atlantic becomes Patrick division.

Any other Ideas on other names aside from the old ones mentioned above?

46. songles says:

I know this is like the most obvious comment in the world right now, but it absolutely blows my mind how much depth the Habs have this year, just from a few emerging rookies, maturing prospects, a couple of incredibly shrewd and high-value depth signings, and less injury trouble. While the depth signings are on MB, I think MT deserves a lot of the credit for the rest of it. The merit-based allocation of ice time and the team concept are doing for this team what JM’s mathematical mind just wasn’t capable of.

With the cap dipping next year, I think the Habs really need to treat this year like a cup-run year. The stars are aligned, and I see this as a team that will only get better in the playoffs. What that means for personnel, I’m not sure. I think you could leave the team as is and they could go deep. But a big, shut-down D-man may still be in order for the playoffs.

• shiram says:

It also shows in clear light just how badly injured the team was last year.

• krob1000 says:

THis year team added Gionta, Markov, PRust, Gallagher, Bourque, Galchenyuk, Armstrong and White basically ..between new players and now healthy players

Major growth in Eller, PK, Diaz and Emelin…..who now all play significant roles

Not even close to alst eyars team….serious contenders for sure…the real wildcard was the young players…were they ready to contribute this much? nobody thought this much this soon….

47. Sean Bonjovi says:

Mostly empty seats at the CIS game in Saskatoon.

48. TheDagger says:

Any UFC fans catch the press conference today? Man that Diaz has taken some major headshots over his life.

49. Rooster says:

Haha well this is the big stay at home shut down dman everyone has been wanting

50. Strummer says:

How tall is Tinordi?
    The press release states 6’6″ but I thought he was taller when he was drafted.

At 218 lbs perhaps he could get Subban could share some tips on mass cow consumption,

Edit- he’s listed at 205 on the Habs website- needs to bulk up!
    ______________________________________________________
    “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

So, what’s new, people?

I am having a tough time warming up to Armstrong!

you’re not alone…

• shiram says:

He’s not flashy, showey or too physical, there’s not much to pin on his game on except that they usually are good presence for a 4th line.

• Luke says:

He’s funny though… without him the 24CH show would be an absolute drag.

• Garbo says:

I felt the same way until 24CH. Funny guy. I’m sure the teamates all really like him.

• Phil C says:

After watching a game at the Bell Centre, I have a better appreciation for Armstrong’s game. He reads and anticipates the play very well, he seemed to always be in the right position, especially in the neutral zone. It is an aspect of his game that you do not really get from watching on TV. He has only been on the ice for 7 goals against at even strength all season.

• JUST ME says:

Me too but i think he has his role in the team. As do all the others that sometimes do not show up for a game but do their little things without being noticed.

I think there shouldn`t be any changes to the team and that our first position in the conference tells me WE are the reference to be copied. But i am far from being a G.M. Bergevin already made a trade (Cole-Ryder) and Therrien called up a few youngsters. As long as the chemistry holds on !

• Bill says:

He’s a really solid player. Obviously Therrien thinks so. He protects the puck really well, reads plays nicely. Many times when he is on the ice I notice he is the guy who, when the Habs get in trouble in their end, is the one who snatches the puck out of the danger area and gets it out of the zone.

He’s on the fourth line, banging around, not giving up anything defensively, not easy to play against … what more do we want?

Full Breezer 4 Life

53. LeHabfan13 says:

Since the Gomez trade did not exactly pan out. I have a feeling The Montreal front office may be a bit hesitant in going after big names come trade deadline.

Right now the Habs have placed themselves as a legitimate Stanley cup contender. whether or not MB Pulls the trigger or go with the current players will be interesting the next couple of weeks

• shiram says:

Loonie brought up an interesting point some while ago, that Price’s caphit was the highest this team would award, and all other players would have to be signed under 6.5millions.
      6.5 millions annualy withouth the front loading of the last CBA, means Habs are not going after the big fish UFA in the off season.
      All speculation, but it makes sense, and I can’t say I’d like the Habs to be paying a player 12 millions this season or next.

• Loonie says:

Also known as the Lidstrom model.

I definitely think that’s why they overpaid Price. And the brilliant thing about it is that no player on the team or free agent can go to Bergevin and say that they deserve more money.

He has the most pressure, is the draft pick this team is built around and is the future. Bergevin set the team up for the next fifteen years with that contract I think.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

I don’t know. The reasons the Lidstrom model worked were that he was the leader of the team and one of the greatest d-men of all time. As good as Price is, he is not in Lidstrom territory. If PK wins the Norris or Chucky explodes a la Stamkos, I don’t think their agents will accept a “Price” cap (sorry for the pun).

• Loonie says:

If you think the model needs a player to be one of the best of all time you’re right. If the model only needs the player to be its most important than it works.

What player on this team can justify making more money than Price as things stand today?

I think Bergevin actually did a better job with his idea(if the idea is correct) than Holland did. Price plays a position that only one other player on the roster does.

If you were to setup a similar structure with say Galchenyuk, what happens in five years if you end up with a better forward?

Bergevin can say that he values Price more than any other player on the team and he avoids a battle because nobody else in consideration for that kind of salary plays the goalie position for the Habs.

• 2mins4lookinsooogood says:

I think the issue is timing. With PK getting the 4 million in the second year, a 6 year 6 mil deal (assuming all unfolds as planned) starting in 2014-15 seems about right and will still be a pinch below Price.

Galchenyuk for example will be on the second contract and MB has shown that there is no second contract home run – by the time he might be due, Price’s deal will be essentially done.

“Don’t crush that dwarf Alex Henry, hand me the pliers”

• Loonie says:

Exactly and we’ll know when Price gets his next extension if this is indeed the model Bergevin’s going to work from.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

All I know is that if I am an agent, I am using market value to negotiate my client’s deal not who the team deems most valuable. If they don’t like it, too bad.

• Loonie says:

Market value works for unrestricted free agents. If a player really wants to stay with a team they’ll accept what the salary hierarchy is and get the most for themselves while staying within it.

What’s market value for Subban? It isn’t anything higher than $5-$6 million if he holds form.

Galchenyuk? There could potentially be a problem there in the future but for every Malkin or Crosby or Ovechkin contract I can show you a Sedin at $6.1 million, a Toews at $6.3 million or a Tavares at $5.5 million.

It all depends on the player and what their priorities are. You think Bergevin seems like a guy who has time for players who are all about the money?

I don’t.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Gainey was tough with Theodore until he won the Hart and Vezina. It all depends on circumstances at the time of negotiation. Like my example: if PK wins the Norris (hypothetical), his agent will ask for at least Doughty money (7 million). MB can play tough but good luck telling it to the fans.

• Loonie says:

And when his agent does that Bergevin points to the contracts of Duncan Keith and Erik Karlsson because they were RFA’s when they signed their current contracts and also won the Norris trophy.

They did it in full seasons too.

And there’s the art of negotiation. This isn’t a one sided discussion. The following is not how it works…..

Meehan: “PK won a Norris so you need to pay him like Doughty”
            Bergevin” “Your’re right he did, so did Erik Karlsson, in a full season. So how about 7 years at $42 million?”

Time will tell how it goes. But your argument that Subban will get Doughty money if he wins a Norris in a 48 game season isn’t as structurally sound as you think.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I see what you’re saying and it’s a pretty good idea in theory, but it will be very hard to stick to that model for a number of reasons.

First of all, inflation will naturally push salaries up over time. For all we know, 6.5/year could be peanuts for a premier player by the time Price’s contract is about to run out.

Second, this only really works with the current group of players. As mentioned above, the timing could work well in the next round of negotiations with PK. 6/year could get it done long-term and that would still be below Price’s figure. The only other player on THIS team that we would realistically approach that figure is Galchenyuk, but he won’t be on a 3rd contract for awhile yet.

However, attracting a big UFA is where this becomes a problem. Sure, Bergevin may not be interested in signing a big UFA right now, but at some point, when we are better positioned to sell ourselves to UFAs as a contending team, a star player could put us over the top, and 6.5/year won’t get you Malkin or any other similar big fish who could become available down the road. Could you imagine Bergevin telling Malkin’s agent he can’t make more than Price?

Until we establish ourselves as a team like the 90s-00s Red Wings, we can’t possibly have a “Lidstrom model”.

• Loonie says:

I see what you’re saying but when was the last time a player like that got to market?

Perry will undoubtedly get more than $6.5 million annually if gets to July without a contract. But is he the kind of player you put in the same class as a Malkin, Crosby, Giroux or Toews?

Price only has five years left on that deal as of April. So you can easily justify to Subban that he doesn’t get more than $6.5 million on his next contract. Galchenyuk has two years left, then a bridge deal, probably two years around $5 million if everything goes according to plan and then you could have a problem. If you can get Galchenyuk to take a three year bridge deal you’re in business because you can get Price signed to a contract before you have to give Galchenyuk his third.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

“So you can easily justify to Subban that he doesn’t get more than $6.5 million on his next contract”…if Subban wins the Norris while playing 30 min/game…no you can’t. The market dictates a players value, not the team.

Hey DDO,

Karlsson – $6.5 million and a Norris winner in a full 82 game season.
            Keith – $5.3 million and a Norris winner
            Chara – $6.9 million Norris winner

Those are the only three active Norris trophy winners in the NHL. If Subban wins the award it will have been in a shortened season and as such he won’t have displayed the consistency or longevity of the other winners. As such he isn’t in a position to demand their contracts. He would come in higher than Keith and lower than Karlsson.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Those contracts would have been signed at least a couple of years earlier and his agent is the same one as Doughty. Doughty makes 7 mill per. Will PK take less? Who knows but his agent is going to ask what his other client got three years earlier.

• Loonie says:

You make a fair point with regard to when the Norris trophies were won but the fact remains that it’s a shortened season and that will have an impact if Subban wants to negotiate this July.

There is give and take in a negotiation.

I would be absolutely shocked if Subban ends up with a higher AAV than Price.

• Timo says:

“Since the Gomez trade did not exactly pan out”

54. shiram says:

I can’t get into football, so many replays so very little action.

55. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Chiefs just signed another corner…what the hell? How much cap space do they have??

Well it isn’t like they were paying any money for talent, based on the results from last season and quite a few previous. :)

• Bripro says:

….. zing!
        How do the Steelers look this year, Gerry?
        This is an honest-to-goodness question. No ulterior undertones at all, I promise. :)

Lots of changes, we shall see. Were quite a few stories out there of some issues in the locker room. Going to soon find out what kind of Coach Tomlin is. He inherited a heck of a team, now he needs to build one.

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…Brian …belatedly heard about Your family’s dog had passed away …My sincere regrets, as I too went through same a few years ago, and I relate

• deuce6 says:

They had 23M in space coming into the off season, but tagged Albert and let a few bigger contracts walk (Dorsey/Cassel), not to mention restructuring some more contracts..

With Peyton Manning now in the AFC West, you can’t get enough good secondary..Dunta Robinson is listed as a CB, but speculation is that he will play Safety..

..and HabinBurlington, they do have a lot of talent (8 pro bowlers, actually), but just couldn’t put it together on the field..Hopefully, Reid changes that..

Yes, I am a Chiefs’ fan..

——————

Brandon Prust doesn’t have hair on his testicles, because hair does not grow on steel….

56. Un Canadien errant says:

Oh, and while we’ve brought up the Canucks, if anyone else brings up Mason Raymond as a potential UFA signee for the Habs this summer, I’ll come to your place and blow chunks. Children, please. The little he brings to the table we don’t need.

57. Sportfan says:

Okay how about Hab injury updates are Bourque and Prust both ready to go ?

58. frontenac1 says:

Anybody else catch Chantal interview of Prust on RDS last night?He was helping out with the telethon for the sick kids. He said he was ready to play last night but the med.staff are not taking any chances. Then he laughed and said given how he plays,probably for the best!

59. JF says:

Laffs, to give us another game in hand over the Penguins. The Laffs are not going to catch us.

60. How many games can Jarred Tinordi play before he is sent back to Hamilton?

• Loonie says:

Any. Two way contract for the next two plus years.

He can come and go as the Habs please provided they don’t exceed their number of team transactions between Hamilton and Montreal.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Unlimited. It’s not a contract situation as with junior players like Alex Galchenyuk.

• Bripro says:

Norm, I read your post on the Pats and replying to my comment on Wes Welker.
        I was hoping the Pats would make a move for Victor Cruz, but since he’s hired Condon as his agent, I don’t see that happening.
        I don’t know what the bad blood is between him and Robert Kraft, but it looks like the Giants will probably re-sign him.

• Loonie says:

They’re fine with Edelman and Lloyd in my opinion.

Those tight ends aren’t too bad either.

• Un Canadien errant says:

The Pats’ WR’s outside of Wes Welker have been pathetic for a couple of seasons now, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find an upgrade. With their RB’s and TE’s, and now Mr. Amendola, they don’t need a Victor Cruz to make an impact.

I wonder if Greg Jennings would sign on the cheap for a shot at another Super Bowl?

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

The Pats could not have given Welker 1 million/year more? Give me a break. No respect at all for a player that did and can still produce. They take cap squeezing to the extreme.

• Un Canadien errant says:

The NFL is such a soulless enterprise, with no regard for fan attachments and player sacrifices, that it makes it hard to remain a fan. If it wasn’t for my Fantasy Football/Sunday Ticket addiction, I’d stop watching it altogether.

• frontenac1 says:

Jeeze UCE! Sunday Afternoon,Football,Cocktails with the Lads,Laying down some coin on the games…… What”s not to like Amigo?

• Bripro says:

Agreed Tom. If Gronkowski can stay healthy and has recovered from the surgery infection.
          And what can you say about Hernandez?
          Also, I’m thinking that they might try for Jordan Reed in the draft, although they’ll probably focus on a WR.

61. pmaraw says:

im cheering for a 2 point game

62. habs11s says:

With this compressed schedule, these mild weeks seem like there is not enough hockey being played by the habs..
    _____________________________________________________________

• JF says:

We should be thankful for these two weeks with only three games each. It gives the players time to rest, heal a few bumps and bruises, and refuel for the last push. I’m glad we don’t have the Bruins’ schedule.

I have carpal tunnel…

Bit of a hangover today, between watching my Bayern Munchen boys stagger through to the next level and then watching Habs game. Well lets just say Mr. Jagermeister was very very close to me last night.

• frontenac1 says:

I hear ya amigo.Finished the Single Malt in the second period last night ,then started Freestylin” with Vodka. I posted a bunch of nonsense which got either lost or deleted. At least I think I did.

63. Bash says:

So with Prust and Bourque back what do our lines look like?

Ryder Pleks Gionta
    Bourque Eller Galchenyuk
    Pac Deharnais Gallager
    Prust White Moen

Maybe switch Bourque and Ryder?

I would like Prust to play more than 9 minutes but of course he will kill penalties.

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

• Timo says:

It doesn’t look like there is anything that will get either Armstrong or Moen out of the lineup. So White will sit.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Love to see Prust with Dumont…

• Gerry H says:

Definitely switch Ryder and Bourque. The former would be a great sniper to pair with Galchenyuk’s playmaking and Bourque provides a big body and net presence to complement Pleks/Gionta (nevermind the proven chemistry).

• vegas says:

wouldn’t mind

Bourque / Plekanec / Ryder
      Max / DD / Gallagher
      Chucky / Eller / Gionta
      Moen / Dumont / White
      Moen / Armstrong

64. Habitant in Surrey says:

…DID YOU KNOW ?

…Lars Eller was scouted and drafted by Jarmo Kekelainen of St. Louis Blues (now GM of the Blue Trousers)

…favourite team growing up: the Vancouver Canucks

…favourite player: Daniel Alfredson

…just thought Some may want to ‘know’, and I have nothing better to do at the moment :)

65. Habsrule1 says:

Laffs. We have enough of a cushion between them and us. We need to stay ahead of the pens.

Go Habs Go!!

66. Un Canadien errant says:

So if habsfan0 can have his Tampa dreams, so can I.

1) The Lightning amnesty him this summer. The Canadiens sign him to a very reasonable deal as a free agent. Boom.

He slots in at centre between Max and David who moves to the wing. Rejuvenated, Vincent scores fourty easy.

Your mind. Blowed.

Or…

2) The Lightning, desperate to get out of the contract, but unable or unwilling to assume the cost, send Vincent to the Canucks in return for Roberto Luongo. This way, they get the goaltender they need, at a reasonable cap hit of $5.3M for a player of his caliber. It’s an unwieldy, long contract, but they’re buying time, paying out less, and when the contract ‘back-dives’ it becomes cheap.

Meanwhile, the Canucks load up for a final run or two at the Cup while their ‘window’ closes. Since they are doing the Lightning a favour, they can demand Ryan Malone be a throw-in on the deal, and Steve Yzerman is only too happy to get rid of that contract too. The Canucks are cash rich, they can afford a couple of amnesty buyouts when the time comes.

Now the Canucks have Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler and Vinny at centre. No more weakness on the third line. They add the physical play of Ryan Malone, a component they lack, especially in the playoffs. The players and media can now focus on things other than the goalie controversy.

They can now strike while the iron is hot.

I have suggested option 2 a few times here, seems the most logical trade possible involving two of the stupidest contracts in the game.

• Loonie says:

But if each team wants to get rid of the bad contracts they hold, what’s the point other than filling the positional need?

Vancouver could afford to amnesty Vinny in a season and a half. Tampa gets a good goalie for a fair amount of years. It actually is a plausible trade.

• Loonie says:

I don’t disagree. Just funny that the contracts really don’t play into the proposed trade much at all.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Exactly. Roberto is significantly cheaper, at a position of much greater need for the Lightning, so they make the best of a bad situation. If they have to buy out the big contract, they can do so next summer, after a full season of solid goaltending while Anders Lindback matures.

Vancouver is overstocked at one position, now they can load up their team for another couple of runs at the Cup. If it doesn’t work out, they can easily amnesty Vincent in 2014, money isn’t as big a deal for them.

• frontenac1 says:

Looking at that roster,and listening to Boucher rip the guys the other night,I just get the feeling they have tuned out his “system”. If he doesnt adjust,I think he gets dumped.

• Bripro says:

He’s trying to turn some talented offensive players into solid two-way players. I agree front.
            Boucher needs to look at another style that will enhance their offensive skills.

• Un Canadien errant says:

I really think that a lot of their problems can be addressed by putting a decent goalie on the ice. It’s been at least two seasons now that they’ve been weak in nets, and it shows. Better goaltending translates into more wins, which leads to better morale and a more secure coaching staff.

• Gerry H says:

Because each has viable alternatives to the bad contracts at that position (Stamkos/Schneider).

• Habsrule1 says:

Not sure why your dream involves canucks success….unless I missed something?

Go Habs Go!!

• Un Canadien errant says:

Second one isn’t as vivid or desirable. Let’s call it speculative fiction instead of a dream.

I do want Vancouver to do well, whenever I go to the pub, I have to watch these guys. I don’t mind their team, like lots of their players, like the up-tempo style they play. Let’s call them my second favourite team, a distant second.

• shiram says:

A non-Leafs Canadian team winning the Stanley Cup is the second best outcome, outside of the Habs wining the Cup.
        For me anyways.

• Habsrule1 says:

I’ll give you that, but I would not even remotely think about that until the Habs are out.

Go Habs Go!!

• Cal says:

If Yzerman reads this, he might just get on the phone. However, Vinny’s lower body injury (probably his groin again) precludes any trades.

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…Province & Sun’s sports headlines this morning calling for firing of Vigneault …not because they think he is a poor coach, but because the organization is perceived on brink of dysfunction, from ownership/GM on down

…I think Your thinking is not that far fetched Normand

…’something’ will ‘give’ sooner than later

• habs-fan-84 says:

Swapping Vinny and Luongo makes sense for both teams. If that trade doesn’t go down, it’ll be Schneider on his way out imo

• Un Canadien errant says:

I think if it comes down to that, that the Canucks would trade Corey Schneider if they got a decent return, and if Roberto didn’t have his heart set on getting closer to Florida anymore. Vancouver needs to turn one of these assets into players who can help in a Cup run right now.

• habs-fan-84 says:

Agreed.
          Luongo’s contract is simply indigestible for most teams, which leaves Vancouver very few options (that and of course the NTC). Thus, imo Scheneider will be the one traded.

Schneider will still provide Vancouver a decent return.

• Un Canadien errant says:

The No Trade Clause doesn’t enter the equation too much I think. If Roberto really wants out of Vancouver, due to the geographic separation from his wife’s preferred Florida, the pressure, the media, etc., he needs to be flexible with that. Rule out Alberta and Winnipeg, maybe the Islanders, and then let the chips fall where they may.

67. twilighthours says:

That depends on your sexual orientation, doesn’t it?

Gotta be honest with you Phil. I don’t find this amusing or appropriate.

• twilighthours says:

Got it. Every gay man has the potential to anally rape a heterosexual man. We are clear now.

And how in hell is this now a dilemma?

• twilighthours says:

Why bet? Go ask a few. Then maybe ask a few gay teenagers. You might learn something.

• Habsrule1 says:

lol don’t assume you’re right or that all people (gay or otherwise) are the same.
        Some people here may have very close friends and relatives who are gay, and know for a fact that they have a sense of humour above what you might think.

Stick to hockey.

Go Habs Go!!

• twilighthours says:

And some might think this is offensive. I can guarantee that.

Haven’t we moved beyond this sort of lame attempt at humor? I’d like to think so.

So maybe let’s all stick to hockey. You, me, and phil habsfan0

• bleedhabs81 says:

Every joke risks being offensive depending on how conservative the person is who is observing the joke.

If it was told out of hate, or to breed hate, I agree that there is no place for that anywhere.

but I don’t think that was the intention at all… and that my issue with it. I just think those who get offended at this sort of comment take things way to personally.

• twilighthours says:

You’re a real peach.

68. Sportfan says:

That is a really hard game to pick I guess the lafs as long as they don’t go to overtime

69. twilighthours says:

Bork / cammalleri trade: clear win for habs. Bork was actually playing better than ol’ softie until the injury. Cammalleri can score, no doubt, but do we dramatically miss his offense (3rd in goals for, as per HIO somewhere)? Plus, he is one of the softest softs that ever softed. As Michel therrien would say, “soff.”

Personally, I’m enjoying watching a team not bail out of hits, actually forecheck, skate hard all shift, and do more than just post up in hopes of the one-time pass.

I bet you are too.

Plus, calgary’s second rounder is going to be high – exactly the kind of pick you throw into a trade to get another nice player at the deadline.

Beauty deal.

(one final shot – I don’t think it’s a coincidence that cammalleri plays on a sucky team)

70. gK_HabsFan says:

Read it today in the morning, but cannot seem to find it anymore. But Dreger was saying, on the radio i think, that when Subban came in this season after his contract situation, Therrien told Subban that he has elite skill-level, and that he had the chance of being the Captain of the team some day…

Was wondering what you guys thought about this? I’ve been an advocate of giving him the “A” since last year. It would give him more responsibilities, and put him in a leadership role.

• twilighthours says:

No way! Let the kid just play.

• Habsrule1 says:

I find it a bit hard to believe he would say that, but you never know.
      I think he’ll be an A eventually, but don’t see him as Captain.

Go Habs Go!!

• Newf_Habster says:

No. For two reasons:

1) He is not enough mature to become A or C.

2) Should he be given either A or C, the stress may affect his elite skills.

So… Give him a few more years to mature.

• Stevie.Ray says:

He said “chance” and “someday”. I think Subban does have a CHANCE to SOMEDAY be captain. As does Eller, Gally’s, PAC, Pleks, Gorges, Emelin…. Hell even Moen