Habs call up Beaulieu, Nattinen from Hamilton

The Canadiens announced on Friday morning that they have called up defenceman Nathan Beaulieu (photo above) and forward Joonas Nattinen from the American Hockey League’s Hamilton Bulldogs.

In 32 games with the Bulldogs this season, the 6-foot-2, 194-pound Beaulieu has 4-10-14 totals and 21 penalty minutes. The 21-year-old, who was the Canadiens’ first-round draft pick in 2011 (17th overall), played five games with the Habs earlier this season, recording one assist.

Nattinen, a 6-foot-3, 192-pounder, has spent all season in Hamilton, posting 5-6-11 totals and 12 penalty minutes in 37 games. The 23-year-old Finn was selected by the Canadiens in the third round (65th overall) at the 2009 NHL entry draft.

Defenceman Raphael Diaz and forward Lars Eller, both suffering from the flu, missed practice Friday afternoon in Toronto as the Canadiens prepare to face the Maple Leafs Saturday night (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690). Defenceman Douglas Murray also skipped practice, taking a therapy day.

Coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Beaulieu and Nattinen will both play Saturday night and that Carey Price will start in goal. No official decision has been made on who won’t dress to make room for Beaulieu and Nattinen.

Tweeted Bulldogs play-by-play announcer Derek Wills after the callups from Hamilton were announced:

“Nattinen is big and strong, a good skater and a smart player. … While Nattinen has been playing on the 4th line with Courtnal & Fournier, the 4th line gets a lot of ice time. … Nattinen is a regular on penalty kill, which has gone 25 for the last 26. Good player, good prospect.”

As for Beaulieu, Wills tweeted: “Fresh-off his first-ever “Gordie Howe Hat Trick” (Beaulieu) has been heating-up with 5 points (2 goals, 3 assists) in last 5 games.”

Nattinen told reporters in Toronto after practice that he wants to bring speed, size and a good defensive game to the Canadiens.

“Hopefully, I’ll also be able to create some offense,” he added. “The last eight games in Hamilton, we won seven. Things are going really well right now. Making the playoffs is a big goal for us, and hopefully the boys can keep it going.”

Said Beaulieu: “You try to stay current with everything going on (with the Canadiens), while hoping that something is going to happen. You never know. It was great news for me. I have to take advantage of these kinds of opportunities. This one is really important to me. Things are going really well for the Bulldogs. With team success comes success at the individual level. I have to give a lot of credit to my teammates over there for helping me play well in the past five or six games.”

Here’s how the lines and defence pairings looked at practice:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Moen-Nattinen-Parros
Bournival-Briere-Prust

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Beaulieu

(Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)

Beaulieu, Nattinen will be in lineup for Habs Saturday, by The Gazette’s Pat Hickey

Young blood for Habs, Canadiens.com

Canadiens recall Beaulieu and Nattinen, hamiltonbulldogs.com

Price catches Hainsworth on Habs victory list, by The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs

Habs need to get moving on the power play, by Pat Hickey

Drewiske has become the forgotten Hab, by The Gazette’s Brenda Branswell

Hickey on Hockey notebook, by Pat Hickey

Subban scores OT winner against Sens, by Pat Hickey

Price saves the day, by Pat Hickey

Senators criticize Subban’s OT goal celebration, TSN.ca

Good effort, bad result for Senators, Ottawa Citizen

A seven nation army, Canadiens.com

Parros to cut hair for charity, Canadiens.com

Leafs place Clarkson, McLaren on injured reserve, torontomapleleafs.com

1. CJ says:

Anyone watching the Regina Kooteny game notice the advertisements on the goal posts and cross bar? First time I’ve seen that. Perhaps it’s not uncommon. I may just not be very observant. Don’t recall seeing it at the 67′s game in Ottawa or in the junior games I’ve watched this year.

2. ProHabs says:

WTF. I just heard that Mike comrie and Hillary Duff are no longer together. This is crazy.

3. punkster says:

Nice to see Bugs posting again.

And that whole correlation, causation, opinion thing at 9:16 pm is a classic…may have to have that one bronzed.

Still SUBBANGIN’ BABY…
    but…
    ELLER IS STELLAR!!!

4. Storman says:

Sam Reinhart is sooooooooooooooo fffffffffffffffffffff good,, I absolutely love the way he plays, so calm sees the ice in slow motion.

5. Curtis O Habs says:

Maybe a trade is in the air.

6. Habitant in Surrey says:

@HabFab

…Frank, I was just thinking back when first learned Frank Mahovlich traded to Montreal

…Frank M was one of the few Weeds of the day that one considered played ‘beautiful hockey’

…He was so identified as a Leaf (as opposed to the team’s Weed persona), that even though He was traded from the Wings, it was one of the most unexpected trades. I can remember in My 60 years

…a mid-season acquisition meant to boost an already loaded Team for the playoffs, which (ho hum) resulted in yet another Stanley Cup

…I have been shocked to My core by seeing Our Habs trading away Harvey, Plante, and many more over the years, so understand Your sense of betrayal You must have felt as a Weed fan, losing one of Your most memorable players still in His prime

…I hope Marc Bergevin can strike lightning in a bottle again for Our Team like that great morning years ago reading Frank Mahovlich was now a Hab

…I won’t hold My breath, …but, as a Fan, the possibility always keeps Me visiting HIO :)

7. MikeHabs says:

Would have pegged Pateryn as the guy to get the call but also Beaulieu has been hot lately and picking up his game so I understand. Props to Nattinen for getting the call, hard-working and defensively responsible, nice to see him get rewarded.

Also if you want to read the comparison of how the Habs did last year through 48 and this year, it’s disgusting.. http://www.allaboutthehabs.ca/12-13-canadiens-vs-13-14-canadiens-48-bizarro-world/

8. B says:

Columbus beats Washington 5-1 winning their 5th in a row. They are now tied with Detroit at 51 points, both teams have played 47 games. There are now 8 teams within 3 points of each other fighting for the last couple of playoff spots in the East.

–Go Habs Go!–

9. B says:

Reway scores one of Gatineau’s 3 unanswered 3rd period goals. Baie-Comeau is up 6-3 with less than 5 minutes left and likely coasting a bit in the 3rd after building a 6-0 lead. Grégoire has a goal and Hudon has 2 assists in his first game with his new team. It looks from the score sheet that Grégoire and Hudon are playing on different lines tonight.

–Go Habs Go!–

• B says:

An assist for Reway to go with his goal as Gatineau closed the gap to 6-4 but that’s as close as it got.

–Go Habs Go!–

• CJ says:

I think the Ice should consider Bozon on the first PP unit. He seems to be making things happen, which won’t appear in the stat line. I’m more impressed as the game has gone on.

• B says:

Reinhart and Descheneau seem to be doing pretty good without him tonight. I recall the announcers saying Kootenay has the #4 PP in the WHL. I’m not sure but it seems from tonight that they may be using Bozon for secondary scoring (which may be why he is not putting up huge numbers like he did on a stacked line in Kamloops). His numbers might not look as good but it may be better for his development this way. Time will tell but yes, he has looked good tonight.

–Go Habs Go!–

10. fastfreddy says:

Media is just blowing up the PK celebration out of proportion, they should really give it a rest!!!!!!What BS

CH = Les Glorieux!!!

11. RC-51 says:

I was just on Habs website looking up career victories by a goalie and did not see G. Vezina in the top 10! Am I missing something?

• Frozen Village says:

Correct, he is 12th on the our history site, Price is 6th behind George Hainaworth

More Swedes required for the Lions in Winter

• B says:

They may be only counting his NHL games. He also played a bunch of games for the Canadiens in the NHA before the NHL was started in 1917. He had 173 wins for the Canadiens.

–Go Habs Go!–

• savethepuck says:

He played in an era when teams did not play 82 games. It was the original 6 and I don’t think teams had the advantage of the jets they do today.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
      Carey Price

12. B says:

London vs Saginaw, 1-0 for the Spirit after 2. No stats for McCarron. Patterson vs Paterson in the nets.

Crisp had an assist in a 1-0 Sudbury win over Plymouth.

–Go Habs Go!–

13. savethepuck says:

I can’t believe I just went on TSN and saw an entire article from this afternoon regarding PK’s celebration after the OT goal last night. I guess Anderson amongst others complained about it. I saw hi-lites showing some Habs fans in the stands last night clutching the crest on their jerseys and pulling it out the same way PK did. I am sure that as he was leaving the ice and looking up into the stands, some Habs fans did this, and he just repeated the action when looking at them. At least that is the way I saw it. This poor guy is definitely under a microscope and gets a lot of unwarranted press for a lot of ridiculous reasons.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

• D Mex says:

If I were the big fat walrus, I’d be tempted to have a little chat with #41 and suggest he spend less time watching how winning teams celebrate, and a little more time focused on what he’s doing to make them so damn happy.
      Just sayin’ …

ALWAYS Habs -
      D Mex

14. Storman says:

Really Really liking what i am seeing out of Tim Bozon, great hands, NHL skating ability no doubt,,nifty puck handling skills while moving with speed through the neutral and offensive zones..Could turn out out be a sleeper pick at numero 64 in the Galchenyuk draft year of 2012.

After a horrific start to the season 3 goals in his first 20 Games, and a slow start after the mid October Trade to his new team Kootenay, he has now sprung to life with 15 goals and 18 assists in his last 25 games

• B says:

Bozon looks to have good skills. A nice play where he kicked it out of his feet to his stick at the blue line then quickly fired a shot just left of the net where Philp battled to knock the rebound off the backboards into the net.

–Go Habs Go!–

• ABHabsfan says:

Crap I’m old. I used to play beer league with Luke Philp’s dad, Peter. I remember when Luke was born. Now he’s in the Dub

“man, I love winnin’; you know, it’s like better than losin’?”-
        Ebby Calvin “Nuke” Laloosh

• CJ says:

Me to. Very solid game. This is the first time I’ve had the pleasure of watching him play this season. Echoing your comments, great speed, great vision and a strong puck sense. On top of his offensive abilities, his defensive game seems very sound. Extremely small sample size, but he looks great.

Lastly, it was great to hear that, according to the broadcasters, he looked “huge” and “ripped” when they saw him before the game. Said he spent the summer in Montreal working out. I’m cautiously very optimistic that he can help on one of the top two lines down the road.

15. Donkey Hoat says:

Steve Bégin announced his retirement after 14 years in the NHL.

That is all.

16. Plekasuares says:

Anyone else really dislike Francois Gagnon.

17. likehoy says:

any thoughts on acquiring a guy like Tuomo Ruutu? he’s being shopped around

he’s at 4.75 million for the next 2 years.. a good 35-50 point player, hits hard and hits often.

I think Carolina would have to take a contract back, so why not Bourque at 3.3m , who can fill a need at the wing for the Canes (strong down the middle with both Staals and Skinner), and give them what they really want, which is a draft pick.

Ruutu would probably fit better with Eller than Bourque ever will.

18. Mondou6 says:

I’m sick of the notion of “defending” what PK does. The Habs’ management and media should be celebrating that we have an elite player who is so passionate about the game, and the crest on his jersey.

Encourage that attitude and promote it, don’t apologize for it.

The guy gets booed by fans, and crapped on by everyone in the media, and for what? He’s hated more than Matt Cooke or Marchand? Because those scum don’t get that treatment.

If I was NHL player I’d love having Subban as a teammate. He makes everyone better, and has everyone’s back.

I’d love to see him wear the “C” too. Send a big “F U” message to the rest of the league.

• Storman says:

Fans in other rinks do not even know why they are booing him, Started with the flyers and that punkass Richards calling him out a few years back..

Sure is nice to have a guy with some swagger, he said here ,, i play for this crest boo me all you want, and he knew Ottawa players would be pissed,, and to that he say who cares, try and catch me on the ice with an open ice hit get off your game , and set yourself up for PK blowing you up instead..

Need to have a guy like PK ,, passion up the ying yang, no matter how much MT tries to take it out of him, PK can only play one way ,, he absolutely loves to play hockey..

• habbytent says:

Thanks everyone! I’ll go back to lurking now.

19. Storman says:

Kootenay vs Regina, battle of the Ugly uni’s, or maybe its just the Oxy,,,, Kootenay sure would have been cool if they were the Kootenay Hootenanny instead of Ice. or Maybe even the Kootenay Hootenanny Ice

20. Habitant in Surrey says:

Heads-up for British Columbia Habs Fans:

…Frank Mahovlich will be attending the next Abbotsford Heat vs Hamilton Bulldogs game scheduled for Friday, January 31st @ 7:00 PM (PST)

…Frank will be available in the concourse to meet and greet, and sign Your underwear, if You are wearing any, or anything else You may prefer

…there is a second Heat vs ‘Dogs game on the following night (Saturday, February 1st) at which Frank will not attend)

…centre ice tickets going for $ 39, including taxes

…see You there :)

21. B says:

Bozon and the Ice vs the Pats just underway on Sportsnet. RDS has Anaheim vs Chicago just underway too.

Edit: Sorry for the duplicates, I just read the other comments below.

–Go Habs Go!–

22. frontenac1 says:

Heads up amigos!! Ducks vs Hawks on RDS now.

23. fastfreddy says:

With the Trade Deadline soon approaching, what moves should MB be making?
    CH = Les Glorieux!!!

24. CJ says:

Watching the Sportsnet broadcast of Kooteny vs Regina. Lots of compliments being thrown at Tim Bozon. I’m looking forward to seeing him in action tonight.

Quick glance shows that Hudon and Gregoire are on the board early in a matchup against Reway and the Olympics.

The boys are asleep and I’m settling in for some junior hockey. Looking forward to seeing our prospects shine! Have a great night everyone!

25. HabFab says:

Carey Price ties George Hainsworth for 6th place in Hab wins and closes in on George Veniza, who is sitting in 5th place.

26. HabFab says:

Mathieu Darche says that he can see PK as the next captain;

27. AliHaba says:

The news of the flu bug invading the Habs’ locker room explains a lot concerning last night’s game. Obviously Eller wasn’t 100% last night thus the move to the wing. Today we hear that he didn’t practice because of the flu. My guess is that most of the team are affected which explains the complete letdown. The fact that they were able to snare 2 points shows the heart that this team has.

• Bugs says:

“Last night’s game”?
      Last night?
      More like, what, last three weeks? Not the same team, last three weeks; something off last three weeks. Three weeks, something like that, yes?
      Flu?
      I dunno…

• AliHaba says:

They beat the Hawks 2-1 last Saturday night in “The best game of the year”.

Best record in the East over the last 25 games.

• Bugs says:

And tied for best record over the last 1, right?
          I ain’t talkin about the last 1 or the last 25. I’m talkin about the latest TREND.
          Latest trend has seen us playing like 4 kinds of sh*te.
          Would you not exchange our “best game of the year” for one “ordinary game” and an EXTRA game won over the last 3 weeks we SHOULDA won had we NOT been playiing like 4 kinds of sh*te?

• The_Truth says:

It wasn’t the flu, the Habs have played many games like this over the past month (though not as bad) and Eller hasn’t been good for 25+ games now.

• Bugs says:

True.
        But also, it could be Emmy who, for some reason, represents a sort of catalyst, the kind of which I can’t explain, nor would be at liberty to if I could.
        Let me explain:
        We were awesome when Emmy was rollin last year, and we hit the skids when he hit the Looch.
        Now this year, we started off slow, promptly went on our tear when Emmy came back, aaaand slowed down significantly when he started givin the puck to the pressing point every second shift.
        Of course, correlation does not imply causation; only LACK of correlation PROVES NO causation.
        So, I will hold onto this totally unscientific and unprovable opinion until a PREPONDERANCE of lack of correlation accumulates and THEN, I may have a more solid case stating Emmy is the catalyst of the team but UNTIL then, I must keep this opinion wholly secret and to myself.

28. wjc says:

Let play pretend: It is 1978 and the two time Stanley cup champions are playing the 15th place team. You have scored 2 great tickets and are all reved up.

You get to see Savard, Robinson, Dryden, Gainey, Lemaire, Shutt, the list goes on and on. You brag to your girl friend/wife that this is the greatest team of the era. The game starts but the first period is a little ragged, Dryden lets in a couple of softies and Montreal is being out shot and out played…..Scotty Bowman looks pissed as he throws ice cubes 3 at a time in his mouth.

Down 2-0 you tell your wife/girlfriend (who knows nothing about hockey) the Canadiens are going to now get serious, But, alas the first 10 minutes and they are down 3-0. Scotty is moving players from line to line trying to get something going. Nilan gets in a scuffle but seems to get the worst of it. You look at your wife/girlfriend and she is asking is it over yet.

The Canadiens finally get something going and turn up the pressure and bang it is 3-1. The period winds down and the fans are restless. Damn Robinson they should trade him, he keeps over skating the puck and Lemaire hit the goalpost again. Nilan what a wuss.

The third starts and Bowman has the champions firing again but a breakaway later it is 4-1. Then a dumb penalty by Nilan and a misconduct for argueing to much and the power play makes it 5-1. The Canadiens score two goals late in the game to make it closer and pull the goaly and the empty netter makes it 6-3. The fans leave early the building is quiet and cold. Your wife says nothing, thank goodness.

You hate these bums and decide they are done and should start trading these over hyped bums. Maybe Bowman has lost the room. Pollock has lost his touch. Shake the team up….time for a blockbuster trade.

By the way for the teeny boppers out there the Canadiens went on to win there 3rd cup in a row….lucky for them.

wjc

• gordispitz says:

you almost nailed it…. i was at the detroit red wing game back in the days with hair,, when our team had to win this last game of the year to secure 1st place,, detroit , if you remember had two decades of les misarables,, they were bad,,
      our habs lost easily, and the championship..
      and insult or injury, we had to take our life in our hands to get out of the olympia and detroit … ahhh

29. Bugs says:

Truth or Dare.

Truth: Yes or no. Do you truly believe the Priceberg won’t choke in the playoffs again?

Dare: Go tell Big Georgie he can’t fight.

Well? Any’o'yehs with a sack’o'pucks, or what?

• christophor says:

The year he didn’t choke in the playoffs was the year he was snubbed for a Vezina/Hart nomination. That was when he outplayed Thomas for 7 games and a mediocre Habs team almost knocked off the eventual champs. I think he put up a .940 sv% or something. But for 3 pin-ball style deflections in overtime, and Gionta missing a wide open net in game 7 OT, they’d have done it.

This year, Price is back to that Vezina/Hart form from two years back – better probably. So I say he doesn’t choke.

But the team is choking around him. If that doesn’t change, I’m not sure how much any goalie could do.

30. sCOTT1243 says:

I wonder if you took a poll of every team in the league and every fan, asking if they’d take PK…do you think he’d hit 90%?

Honestly who cares, he could have pulled a move like the guy in slapshot skating around the rink taking his equipment off for all I care. That is one guy the organization better invest in.

31. D Man says:

I believe this ginned up P.K. controversy is racially tinged. There have been many “over the toppers” over the years. I recall years ago when Tiger Williams rode his stick down the ice. Lots of laughs but no controversy. I also remember Big Bird saving his butt when he tried to attack the ref in Montreal. If I had more computer skills I would compile a video of over the top goal celebrations that were accepted without controversy and post it here. I also remember the year the Canucks went to the finals and Don Cherry praising Ryan Kessler for his leadership qualities for the same things he was down on P.K. for earlier in the play offs. Maybe there is a racial component here, maybe not. I think there is, not totally, there are other factors for sure. But it’s there IMO.

You can’t be both a Habs and a Leafs fan

• D Man says:

I checked into punksters you tube offering after I wrote this posting. Good stuff! Any controversy? Don’t think so!

You can’t be both a Habs and a Leafs fan

32. gordispitz says:

i believe they scuffled after a local private golf tournament. back a someones house in strathroy area.. boys will be boys, that s all.. it was summer time.. i followed the story here in london

33. habsfan0 says:

I think PK will build upon last night’s game winner and will have an outstanding game in Toronto in front of his family and friends. The Olympic excitement will also drive him to excel in his hometown.

34. punkster says:

The times they are a changin’…

Still SUBBANGIN’ BABY…
    but…
    ELLER IS STELLAR!!!

35. habstrinifan says:

I know Atlas and P.K is no Atlas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Price was last night though!

36. Plekasuares says:

At the game tommorow. I’ll give a nice report on the ALN article about what I saw! GHG

37. Vladdy Mondavi says:

It may be off the record, but I believe Beaulieu got a Gordie Howe Hat trick the night he and his pops got into a scuffle in London.

38. Captmax says:

I think the team had to worry about the salary Cap and who has a two way contract. But that said.. size and tenacity was called up. Good. Guys how will throw a punch if Gionta is shoved around. Guys who will physically play a game letting that new first line pass and play.

I laugh at the Therrien haters. Seriously? DEAD LAST. Then he comes along and we are making playoffs and we are going to be serious play off material if the players stay healthy and get some energy. He’s learning a bit about coaching as well. We can all armchair coach but we aren’t in the dressing room with all the egos and getting calls from media second guessing us. Well done Therrien to get us here.

I was happy for Subban!! Hell I actually jumped when he scored. He lead straight to the net. Even on his stomach pushing for the net he Willed that puck in. That’s a leader. He celebrated and pulled the jersey showing his HABS love. (wish we had more of that pride and love here on the boards) Yes it was deserved after they boo’d him every time he touched the puck. IT was revenge and well deserved.

But. IT does reveal what a few people say – he needs some maturity before he will be the best defense-man out there. Why? Bc Bobby Orr wouldn’t have done that, Stevie Y, Gretzky or any of the greats. They would have smiled congratulated the team and skated off.
    When Subban does that he’ll be the legend most of us hope for, right now he’s just great but not the Atlas to put the team on.

Here’s looking to Laff’s fall.

Capt

• Bob_Sacamano says:

Let´s imagine Subban or Price had missed the whole year 2013: Therrien would have long been gone.

I laugh at the Therrien apologists. He´s a mediocre coach at best.

In the last couple of weeks there have been two games in which we were the better team. Against Chicago and Florida. In every other game we were outplayed and most of the time outshot. Therrien watches, changes nothing and talks bs.

Playing Emelin on the right, playing Murray, Bouillon and Parros at all. No Eller on the PP but Gorges and Bouillon on the blue line, changing a system that worked well at the beginning of the season and so forth: These are all moves or a head coach that doesn´t like winning that much or of someone who is plain dumb.

I´m okay with the overall record but if we continue to play like this we´ll struggle to make the playoffs. Price, Subban, Markov, Plekanec and Pacioretty are the main reasons we are still in a decent position. Certainly not Therrien.

• wjc says:

Gee Bob, who woulda thought coach needs his best players.

Do not play Murray, Boulion, and Parros at all play nobody, excellent.

Don’t play Emelin with Markov.

Even when you are nicely in the playoffs, you may fall out, is that what you are saying? Then you can say that about any team until they are in and can’t fall out of playoffs.

wjc

• PrimeTime says:

Couldn’t you say the same about every team. Fans always criticize the coaching which is why 1/2 the leagues fans want their coach fired.

“Fans are entitled to express their opinion, but most of the comments on talk radio and on The Gazette’s Hockey Inside/Out website ranged from the mildly uninformed to the outrageously stupid” – Pat Hickey.

Craig Anderson should worry more about why he couldn’t make the US Olympic team and why he continues to never put together back to back good seasons.

As for PK’s celebration, yah it was out of the ordinary, yes it is something that the NHL fraternity frowns upon, but this was a unique game, Montreal outplayed bad and stole a victory. Sometimes emotion, natural emotion takes over.

I could care less what any Senator, any Senator fan and least of all what any Senator media hack thinks about PKs exuberance.

• I don’t know a single senators fan, and from what I saw last night, have never seen one in the regular season. I heard Ole Ole Ole, I heard Go Habs Go, and CAREY CAREY CAREY chants all night long.

A game like that and PK can do what ever he wants. Those clowns were booing him all night long, for what? What did PK do to those clowns?

Fork them and forks they road in on :lol:

CAREY CAREY CAREY

Horrible game with an amazing finish, wowowowowo!

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures
      Summit Member 1.29.31.33

• wjc says:

All good players get booed in the visting rink. This is a compliment. It is when you get booed at home that it becomes a problem.

Habs fans have booed there share of good players.

wjc

• Mavid says:

Not so sure they are getting booed because they are good players, most Habs fans tend to have a reason..example Chara..he tried to decapitate Max that is why he gets booed..not because he is good..Briere when he played elsewhere..booed because he snubbed Montreal..again not because he was good..I could go on but you get the drift..PK has done nothing to deserve being booed.. you have to have a reason..not just because he is good, I don’t buy that for a second..by the way Alfie was booed at home many times..but it was the 60% leaf fans in his home building..Good on PK for sticking it to them..I thought his celebration was not even over the top..

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

• HabFab says:

Still feeling the buzz :)

• frontenac1 says:

Hey Mavid! Someone posted last night that there was a scrap after the game between Sens fans and Habs fans. We’re you in there?

• Mavid says:

I was , but I did not see any fight..it was however on the local news..more of a scuffle than a actual fight..some Sens fan taking shots at a Habs fan with the security guards in between them..sounds like something some Sens players do too

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

• Habfan10912 says:

PK is a trend setter just like many superstars have been. He will change the game. But you know how I love this guy. :)

• frontenac1 says:

The hicks in Ottawa were booing him every time he touched the puck! He burnt their golden boy for the OT winner and then rubbed their nose in it. Good for him! Screw those cousin daters from “The Valley”!

Here are a list of players who IMHHO are holding the Habs back and shouldn’t be dressed ever again although that won’t happen. Each and every one would be better off being replaced.

Parros and Briere. Two insignificant signings. One is a plug and the other is only a fit on the team due to his last name. Neither should even be in the NHL.

Gionta. Lots of heart but too small and way past his best before date. Made redundant by DD and Gallagher. Another hold over from the disastrous Gainey foray into free agency.

Diaz. Could be a good player on a team without any puck moving D. Not a good player for MTL.

Bourque. Sucks. No heart. No drive. No talent.

Bouillon. Nice guy. Plays big. Past his best before date.

The bottom line is the Habs will not win much but a quick exit from the play-offs with these players in the line-up. The sooner they are gone and replaced the better.

• It will take some time for us to move those players. I’ll get it done but it’s not gonna happen any time soon.

Patience, we did you’re thing two years ago, we are doing my thing now.

We’re dialing numbers, but no one is answering.

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures
      Summit Member 1.29.31.33

• punkster says:

I sort of agree with some of your suggestions and don’t exactly agree with all of them.

Seriously though at this point in the season it’s a matter of able replacements for your list, all of whom can’t be reasonably replaced over night.

But some certainly should be…immediately replaced, that is.

Still SUBBANGIN’ BABY…
      but…
      ELLER IS STELLAR!!!

• AH says:

HH, 100% accurate list, but imo missing one guy; Gorges: gets rag dolled all day, weak on the puck, and wouldn’t be on any decent teams D, oh but he’s good in the room:” LET”S GO BOYS, COME ON NOW LET’S GO!” LOL!

• CJ says:

I agree and am sure every effort is being made to exit this group. It won’t be easy and may need to wait for the offseason.

• wjc says:

Hardhabits: My unwellcome rebutal.

Parros gives the Canadiens an antidote to other low ice time roll players who might otherwise take advantage of a situation, same with Murray.

Gionta threw a check that release a puck to P.K. who scored the winning goal….no assists but he made the goal happen.

Briere was a gamble, as we know with gambles you get no guarantees. The french thing is bull, you try, you fail, you move on. The move was meant to help and offer a band aid, that was all.

I remember Bourque being the best player in the playoffs last year against Ottawa, it is in him that I want to see again. Will it happen I think so.

Boulion is a spare part, not as bad as you try to make him out to be. He always plays with the rookies, good teacher and patient, this should mean something.

The playoffs, the playoffs get over it and try to enjoy today. The bloody playoffs are months away and Montreal will be there, I know, believe me I know.

Price is on top of his game and will get into the heads of many teams if he keeps it up. That is something that gives a team a tremendous leg up.

Good teams lose, even the dynasty teams lost, how could that be. You go to a game and the dynasty team craps out…happens to all teams.

wjc

41. on2ndthought says:

just logged in, was scrolling through the comments to see if anyone had seen the same game I saw last night. I was out at les trois brasseur, there was no sound, but I was getting apoplectic about the game I saw.

what Krob says here:
    I was at the game..Therrien and the Habs in general were EXTREMELY PISSED at the refs. There were a ton of infractions, ranging from slashes, pinning, holding, tackling, holding the stick, puck over glass, etc that were going uncalled and that works against the HAbs…they were livid in the first period and never did recover from that…that was the most liberally reffed game I have seen since the Stanley CUp finals a year ago….it was insane….you could review the tape and find 20 minor penalties..some against the Habs but far more against the Sens…it was laughable and as I mentioned earlier..even the Sens fans around me were joking about it…I said that is just how Tim Peel refs the Habs. That is what he was very pissed about….then the two quick goals which were partly lackadaisical play and part the team paying more attention to the refs than the game. They were really unfocussed during that last few minutes of teh first…the goon squad going after Pleks line, the reffing, and then the 2 goals…boys came undone.

is exactly what I saw! and it happens all the time. I was going to ask if its just me, but I won’t now. Just call the damn penalties!!! Roughing is a 2 minute penalty and it could have been called every second shift. Teams know what happens if they try to skate with us… … … OK deep breath taken

“a cannonading drive”

• NCRhabsfan says:

NHL refereeing is the worst officiating in the world in any professional sport. If you don’t like the rules, change them, but don’t have rules you’re not prepared to enforce. The league shouldn’t pay any of the officials for last night. They didn’t do their job, so they shouldn’t get paid.

• habstrinifan says:

Come on Man! You saying the referees were the reason for the HABS absolutely disgusting performance in the first two periods.

• frontenac1 says:

Stop whining about the Refs! Do think they will protect the Habs? Jeeze, I thought we got over that during the Boston Beat Down. Habs should intimidate with skill AND Enforcement. The Hall monitors are for grade school amigos. Habs 4 Laffs 2.

42. likehoy says:

just to stir the pot

Beaulieu called up giving us 8 healthy dmen.
    Eller gets a few shifts with the Plekanec – Gionta line

me smells a big trade coming.

Eller + Beaulieu to ……..
    I’d take Yakupov, and move Galchenyuk to centre.

43. Habfan10912 says:

HIO is always better place when Bugs visits, isn’t it?

LINES AT PRACTICE,
    Looks like we have two 4th lines!!

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
    Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
    Moen-Nattinen-Parros
    Bournival-Briere-Prust

Gorges-Subban
    Markov-Emelin
    Bouillon-Beaulieu

Coach-Ian

45. DipsyDoodler says:

“The key word there is unneccessary,” Anderson told reporters at practice on Friday. “I didn’t see us when we scored our overtime goal throwing our jersey up like that.”

It’s the Ottawa Senators crest. Why would you hold it up to the crowd? No one knows what it is or what it signifies.

“it’s his character.”

meeee owwww

• joeybarrie says:

What a colossal baby Anderson is. Unnecessary celebration…..
      Im not for doing crazy stupidity, but professional hockey where people are looking for a great game and a show????
      And that considered some sort of insult?
      Walrus’ reply to the hit against Eller last season was unnecessary…
      But an overtime goal after 2 periods of getting killed and giving everything you have to try to win, and he cant get a bit excited????????????

Get a new profession. Try Curling if you want players to be humble.
      This is Hockey. Look at the biggest goals scored over time. Anyone saying the celebration was bad???????????
      STUPIDITY.

• NCRhabsfan says:

The Senators crest is actually a Centurion, not a Senator. It is akin to the Detroit Lions using a Bear in their logo or the Ducks an Eagle. Senators, then and now, don’t wear helmets and look fierce. I’m thinking a nice caricature of Romeo Dallaire would make a nice Sens logo.

• DadidolizedDougHarvey says:

They boo him every time he touches the puck then they cry when he puts it back in their face. Too bad. Let’s hear Anderson stand up for Subban when he’s being booed for no reason other than just being magnificent.

Anderson = No one cares…..

• 1010 says:

I don`t see most goalies flopping to draw a penaly either but I see that twit do IT almost every time we play them. I could care less what that little moron thinks. I can`t stand him.

GO HABS…

• Mavid says:

no just knuckehead throwing his arms in the air…asshat..perhaps Anderson is just a sore loser..or mad that we got 3 goals on 5 shots..and your right about the logo..looks like a condom wrapper

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

46. Old Bald Bird says:

ICYMI, EOTP says good things about Beaulieu. Apparently, he’s been quite good recently.

• DipsyDoodler says:

None of them has seen him play though.

• punkster says:

Dimitrius is their Hamilton Bulldogs correspondent.

He does, in fact, see them play and practice.

Still SUBBANGIN’ BABY…
        but…
        ELLER IS STELLAR!!!

• HabFab says:

The writer of this article is one of their posters who live in SW Ontario and follow the Bulldogs.

I wish I was so qualified, but I failed quantum physics. Instead I spent my life watching sports and playing them.

• punkster says:

The author never refers to quantum physics, or advanced stats for that matter if that what you mean Ger.

Still SUBBANGIN’ BABY…
            but…
            ELLER IS STELLAR!!!

Never read it Punkster, just having some fun! I am fortunate enough to have the Dogs practise occasionally about 1,000 yards from my house is all. And I try go to those practises. I just trust my opinion.

Why are statisticians so defensive?

FYI, I think Beaulieu absolutely deserves the callup, has been the best Bulldog Dman for weeks now.

Also the most talented.

• punkster says:

Cool bro.

Still SUBBANGIN’ BABY…
            but…
            ELLER IS STELLAR!!!

• jols101 says:

Good article, written by someone that knows a lot more about what is happening in Hamilton than most of us. Hope Beaulieu plays a great game. The transition on D has to begin sometime. It is not like we have an all-star D lineup.

47. Rad says:

I’m looking forward to seeing the new kids play. Hopefully they can stick for a few days. It will be great for Nattinen to get a taste of the NHL, although I doubt Therrien will give him much of an opportunity to play. Beaulieu by all accounts is coming on strong in Hamilton. With a couple of good games he might even get a legitimate shot at replacing Diaz.

• NCRhabsfan says:

Nattinen must have looked as his line mates in practice and wondered if he had been called up or sent down. That’s not even a good ECHL line. I’m not sure either of his wingers could score between periods when the other team is in the dressing room.

48. --Habs-- says:

TSN lost the contract so now its lets make stuff! What else do they have?

“Habs” Watch and learn….! Or Not!

49. rhino514 says:

Let´s see……Eller has always had trouble on the wing, ever since Jacques Martin forced him to play there off and on.
    Last year, Eller finally blossoms playing his natural position; over the last third of the season, he is simply the Habs best Centre, and often the best forward. Dominant on many nights.
    And what is the reward he gets? Playing with the leftovers this season. And NOW, back to playing on the wing.
    I haven´t slammed MT like many on here do. But he is misusing this immensely talented asset. What is of more concern is; Eller is still a young player, and putting him in situations which make it harder for him to succeed can seriously hinder his confidence, even long-term. Eller is the type of player who needs at least decent wingers around him to feed off of his possesion game, and he obviously needs to play centre.
    Desharnais was given the team´s two best wingers to up his production. Well, eller is a more talented player who can be much more dominant, and deserves this support more than Davey does.
    The thing is, DD can keep Pacioretty; it is understandable as they have good chemistry and DD basically needs Pacioretty.
    But you can give Eller Gallagher and Galchenyuk on the wings; that at least gives him enough talent around him for him to do his thing.
    The coach is seriously stunting this young man´s development; now trying to make him into some type of checking centre (or wing!)
    We have already done this with Plekanec, who also sacrifices his offence on a nightly basis to please the coach But Plekanec is eceptional in that he posseses the very rare quality to produce off of forcing the other team to turn the puck over; furhtermore he is a veteran who can handle such tough assignments better mentally.
    Eller needs to be let loose, and if DD gets PacMan, it is only fair that Whitey gets Gallagher. If DD needs both Pacioretty AND Gallagher to pump up his stats; then that doesn´t really help the team; if that´s the case, Chucky should already be at centre.

• likehoy says:

question is win now, or win later?

for the 3rd period, Eller took a lot of shifts with the Plekanec and Gionta line.. that is actually the best place he can be right now to get his game going.

He needs to get back his offensive confidence, and he can learn from the two vets in Pleks and Gionta. It’s the perfect spot to get him going, even if it’s on the wing.

• habcertain says:

except it isn’t his natural position, makes a difference

• likehoy says:

it does, but what can you do?
          we are short on talented wingers to play with Eller given the Pleks – Gio, DD – Pacioretty duos..

and you never know maybe the Eller – Pleks – Gionta line could be one of the best two-way lines in the league.

give it a chance.. cause Eller aint’ producing much with Bourque, Prust, Briere on his wings

• rhino514 says:

Furtherrmore, Gallagher has something like 10 points in 26 games, and very few goals, since being placed with his new linemates. with DD and Pax look for each other most of the time. The kid had instant chemistry with his former linemates.

• Habfan17 says:

I agree with you 100% Just when I think Therrien can’t get any worse, he does. As you said, moving Eller to the wing is such a waste and to me is the definition of insane! It was done, it didn’t work, don’t expect a different outcome! It also begs the question, why does DD get to keep playing his natural position, on what can be called the first line and with the better, skilled players?

Eller did what was asked of him, he raised his game, plays a 200 foot game as they like to call it and he gets stiffed with revolving linemates and now pushed to a position he clearly has trouble playing.

They need size and strength up the middle and Therrien moves the biggest centre to the wing, fire his butt already, before he does permanent damage!!!!!

Habfan17

• habs001 says:

He has never at any level translated his talent into anything more than a 16 to18 goal scorer and that is going back 8 years…I have said it many times he is a good 16 to18 goal to 45 point player..and that is fine…but i just dont know why so many posters have such high expectations of him…i just dont see that next scoring level in him…if he has that next scoring level in him he has to show it soon as he is 25 in may and that should come out regardless who he plays with…he is very good at many things but he is just a bit above average in finishing plays by scoring or by assists…and again these have been his stats every year at every level…

• Captmax says:

Confused. Are you talking about Lars Eller? 8 years back. A kid whose 24? Meaning you are looking at stats from a 16 year old? That said, he played 1st line and they scored were on ice for 3 of the 4 goals. I think that’s great!!

So if the kid gets more ice time most would think he’d get more points. Ie centering for DD he looked fine and carried the puck to Gallagher for the disallowed goal.

45 points is okay but he can do 60 in 2 years. I just hope it’s for us and not another team.

Capt

50. likehoy says:

two reasons why the Subban celebration is a non-story. the NHL is stupid.

• NCRhabsfan says:

Brilliant. I wonder how Anderson would have reacted to six or seven backward tumbles and a back flip followed by a Habs rendition of the slaying of Caesar on the Senate steps.

51. Thomas Le Fan says:

If they’re going to boo every time P.K. touches the puck, they’re going to have to accept a little celebration when he rams it back down their collective throats. Anderson can go shave his head.

Hockey isn’t everything … it’s the only thing … except for beer and guitars!

• D Man says:

That’s right. 100%

You can’t be both a Habs and a Leafs fan

• --Habs-- says:

Think thats what PK was telling the fans last night. Stick this logo and my number in your cell phone library!

“Habs” Watch and learn….! Or Not!

• Habs1962 says:

Hab Fan in Otttawa here…. I was at the game with 12000 other Habs Fans and when PK scored the place went NUTS … we were chanting PK , PK PK also !! he looked up at the thousands of Habs fans and grabbed the CH… it was Great !! He was looking right at me and my son.. decked out in Full Habs Colours ! great for the game, great for the fans (it wasn’t directed at the 10,000 quiet Sens fans leaving the building)or gone. If goalie Anderson doesn’t like it he shoulda stopped the _____ Puck !!

52. Dr.Rex says:

So now the whole liberal created monster of “political correctness” is making its way into the NHL. YAAAAWN.

Way to go PK! The league and world need more good people like you!

53. OMG Bripro, my company jet is fueled and ready. Here’s the deal, I’ll get there by 9 but you have to pick me up at the airport and then tomorrow we’ll fly to Toronto and watch the Habs play at ACC.

I just have to ship ten figures and I’ll hav em y people call your people for with the details!

I love poker! Is it dealer’s choice?

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Summit Member 1.29.31.33

54. Bugs says:

(pt1) I have a beef. Mentioned it before.
    This conventional young-hockey-player-pic, as seen above, consisting of holding the blade of your stick up to the camera lens in a somehow completely deluded sense of it “looking cool” should be rebuked and condemned as not only NOT “looking cool”, but looking, in fact, absolutely clownesque.
    I mean, it’s hick-sticking. LOOK at it. It’s CLEARLY over the shoulders.

• Bugs says:

(pt2) What KIND of RULES OF THE GAME are we promoting here? “Looking cool” taking another player’s eye out? Is this what we’re doing now?
      It’s an ILLEGAL MOVE, “cool” or not “cool”. You want a cool pic? How bout Kovy knockin Tucker’s block off? That was SUPER cool. Get a pic of two guys smilin at the lens with one “en train de basher” his elbow into the other’s face, Kovy-style. Cool. Illegal, but cool. Aah, hockey…I love this game…

• Bugs says:

(pt3) Anyways, a pic like the one above was “passé” the 2nd weekend it was done in 1987, ok? The fact we’re still seein it isn’t because it “looks cool”; it’s because either the photobug hasn’t any creative flair whatsoever or because the higherups who tell him to take that picture have no creative flair whatsoever. Either, or.

• Bugs says:

It’s the last part I can’t get in. Changed it. Said it different. Still won’t go. Don’t know why.
          No biggie; point made.

• NCRhabsfan says:

But how do you really feel?

• athanor says:

I’m afraid I have to disagree with your basic premise. The guy’s hands are below his shoulders, and the stick is angled down from there. There is no way this is a high stick.
            It might look that way because the photog crouched so he could get a picture looking up.
            It may be a trite picture, but I think you have your knickers in a knot by mistake.

• I can explain the stick.

We all did it in our AAA photos. Like a good infantry solider, his weapon is his best friend, you love it more than your mother. In hockey your stick is like a sword, and when you hold it like that in a photo it says, stay back or I’ll beat you every time. (by scoring goals)

Are there any other members here who’s never done this in their AAA pics? I played rep in the 80′s and senior in the 90′s and we did this. It’s not new…well to me.

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures
      Summit Member 1.29.31.33

• Bugs says:

Ok.
        But “tradition” (which is what you’re talkin about) doesn’t mean it’s “hockey”. That’s my point.
        See, I was raised Catholic. And by “tradition”, I went to mass, did confession and took the host. But it’s not in the Bible; it’s not Christian.

Uhh…I realize this example may be a bit too radical and I sure don’t wanna start any fires so just cuttin to the chase here, I’m just saying that however nice or comfy or traditional “what we all did in AAA” seems, doesn’t make it a part of hockey.
        It’s high-sticking.
        That’s all I’m saying.

• punkster says:

I’m with ya bunny…the Kovy shot on Tucker…it’s on a continuous loop on my laptop…my “go to” vid when I’m havin’ a rough day.

Still SUBBANGIN’ BABY…
          but…
          ELLER IS STELLAR!!!

• Bugs says:

Stop.
            Stop, Brewster; don’t get ME started on that goosebump awesomeness, ok? Just stop.
            I was just makin a point, is all.

• HardHabits says:

I think Bugs just called your avatar out as being uncool. :-P

• Bugs says:

No. No, sir. Not the av. Not the same thing.
          The av WORKS. The av is totally wicked, gnarly, and also, tubular.
          …uh, DUDE.
          No but honestly, what a beautiful, fansite av.

• NCRhabsfan says:

That everyone was doing it in the 80s and 90s in minor hockey is the best reason I have ever heard for a modern NHL wannabe not to do it now.

55. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Spezza said it helps build rivalry and is good for the game.

Karlsson didn’t see it or care.

Anderson said that they wouldn’t celebrate that way.

Thus does a controversy make when it involves: TSN, the Habs, PK.

• CJ says:

TSN will always try and make a mountain out of a molehill provided the subject matter involves the Montreal Canadiens. It helps, if only temporarily, distract readers from the fact that the Leafs are terrible and at risk of missing the playoffs for what, the ninth time in the past ten years. Think about that futility. That’s not easy to be so bad for such an extended period of time.

• Ghosts of the Forum says:

It’s all just a ploy to distract people from the fact that they had “3rd” in the scoreline instead of “OT”.

Nice try, TSN. Nice try.

56. CJ says:

Having a great day in Ottawa! Looking forward to shifting focus to our prospects this evening, before turning attention back to the Habs on Saturday night.

4-2-1 so far this month. Let’s keep it rolling.

57. Bugs says:

Well, my dear friends, sure would like to spout off my non-professional, totally-biased opinions on some things, but alas, a higher electronic morality opposes such comments to the point of censorship.
    Unless, of course, my magic box is on the fritz, which is what I’m testin right now.
    Cheahs.

58. Reflektor says:

Except to say that I loved it, I won’t comment further on the whole PK celebration brouhahahaha until Mike ‘Respect’ Richards and Darren ‘White Way’ Pang have said what they really think.

59. bwoar says:

shiram: You’re right about Marc Denis, my bad.

slyCH: Dryden is the man, but sometimes friend, I think he’s dead wrong. He wrote a fantastic book, and is obviously very smart, but I’m glad he’s not a hockey colour guy or regular TV presence.

“thoroughbred”

60. Da Hema says:

“It is what it is,” said Senators captain Jason Spezza. “[Subban] won the hockey game, he scored the goal. Different guys celebrate in different ways around the league, so I’m not going to lose sleep over it.”

My level of respect for Spezza just raised significantly.

61. von says:

I watched the game on TSN’s feed, so I’m not sure if RDS showed this as well, but did anyone else catch how pitiful Therrien looked behind the bench at one point?

I think it was maybe at the start of the 2nd. He honestly looked like he didn’t even want to be in the rink, let alone behind the bench.

Maybe they hesitate calling guys up from Hamilton so they’re not poisoned with his bi-polar attitude…

_________________________________

“Obviously it would be great, but they don’t really hang conference titles in this rink. They raise Stanley Cup banners.” – Carey Price

• Luke says:

I took it as trying to show restraint from unloading on the team infront of him.

I mean, last time he was kinda a bit mean to one of the guys on his bench this fan base freaked out about it. And continues to do so.

• Habsrule1 says:

OMG this is getting tiresome. He’s a terrible coach…he looks pitiful…he dresses badly…not all that attractive…biggish nose.

We get it. You don’t like the guy. His record is very good with an average team. He’s not going anywhere, but just keep spewing how pitiful he looks. I’m sure the Habs will take that into consideration when the asses the job he’s doing. I doubt they’ll look at the standings. Nobody else seems to.

Go Habs Go!!

• shiram says:

Maybe he too, had the flu.

• krob1000 says:

• CJ says:

Good point. My buddy, who was also at the game, said the exact same thing. He said he thought the team lost focus in the first based on the poor officiating.

• habcertain says:

why is every time we play bad it is the refs fault, sounds like our default excuse at HIO, or the media is against us, which in the old days was the universal cry from the rest of the teams in the league. when HQ was in Montreal. btw…it is every team complaint, we should move on the real issues.

• CJ says:

It might be an HIO thing, but it’s not my thing. I call it as I see it. The JVR crease violation no goal was a brutal call that went in our favor. Against the Devils this week they called Clowe for a high stick, yet it was Boulion who made contact with his own player.

• montreal ace says:

Great post Krob and I agree completely

• New says:

I don’t think a new coach will change things. Martin and Cunnyworth were just there, and were worse.

When you look at a team like Winnipeg that changes coaches and does a 180 immediately then you know that it is the players who are the problem. That’s why a coaching change often precedes a fire sale and the GM begins to walk softly.

Montreal has cut down on goals against this year, but also on goals for. What is different? Ryder and Cole are gone. Say what you want about either but they could crank the goals in just like Pac did last night. Briere can’t replace either but he was all that was out there. The record shows that.

Maybe next summer Dudley and Bergeron will travel around with clubs and burlap sacks and press gang players to come amuse us. Until then the coaches have to work with what they have.

62. Chris says:

Anderson kills me. He has a legitimate beef in that Subban jabbing his stick into him to try to push the puck in was a pretty bush-league move. But instead, he whines about the goal celebration, something that was not particularly over the top.

The only negative I see in that celebration was that it occurred in front of the Sens bench, which is generally not a good idea. But other than that? I’ve seen far worse from a lot of guys.

• Luke says:

The thing that kills me is that PK is expected to show respect to a crowd that showed none.

This ‘show respect’ thing is as reasonable as ‘the code’.

Define what is and isn’t acceptable & adhere to it or stop carrying on about it.

• Habsrule1 says:

He didn’t even get to Anderson before the puck was in. That would not be a legitimate beef either.

Go Habs Go!!

• CJ says:

Anderson should focus on his game and the sudden deceleration of his career. Guy looked awful last night. His play this season has dropped considerably. He is but a shell of his former self.

• krob1000 says:

I will give him credit for two saves with his head…he knew he couldn;t move his head and actaulyl directed one of them tto the corner…looked like something straight out of a soccer game…was pretty impressive that he was thinking like that…I have sen goalies get hit but never one aware enough to intentionally direct it to the corner like he did..

Why did he have legitimate beef, clearly the puck was loose, PK saw that and thus the reason he dove and the fact the puck trickled in the net proves it was loose?

Or do we just have to find a reason to criticize PK?

Seriously.

• The Jackal says:

Puck was indeed loose. Why would this be a beef? How many players do that same play? Anderson can go back to sucking because he is a sucky goalie and always will be.

______________________
        Hockey sine stercore tauri.

63. RH says:

Subban showing pride in the team he plays for. Outrageous! He flaunted the logo on the front of the jersey rather than what’s written on the back. How could he!? I guess he upset the handful of sens fans there and now, they’re letting everyone know how outraged they are.

64. --Habs-- says:

Remember last year in the playoffs when the Sens players were waving to the fans after the fights. Everyone was cheering! But thats OK it was all about the fights! We score a winning goal and the kid celibrates and he’s trouble for being scoring the winning goal and being overly happy! Whats wrong with that picture!

“Habs” Watch and learn….! Or Not!

65. olegpetrov says:

Give me a freaking break. Sens complaining about Subban’s celebration. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441476

Habs fan…Nuff said

66. Bripro says:

I’ve been taking care of my sick 4-year old grandson today.
    Had to take the day off.
    There was no activity until 45 minutes after his honey-based medicine kicked in.
    Sitting in my office downstairs, and he comes barrelling in with his hockey helmet on, nails my printer tray with his hockey stick (plastic golf club), sends the now-broken tray flying, and shouts out “Good guys (Habs) scoooooooooore!”
    Great… the good guys scored ….. and my printer is done!

67. --Habs-- says:

Beaulieu, Nattinen will have at least 3 partners before the end of the first! PK will miss the first 3 shifts of the 1st for punching Beaulieu in warmaup for what he and his father did this summer and PK will be traded in the middle of the 2nd period after telling MT its the last game I’m playing for you . We’ll get the best deal we can get for PK on such short notice and MT will be done by next week and everyone here will ask what just happened!

“Habs” Watch and learn….! Or Not!

68. Gerry H says:

Interesting lineup from canadiens.com:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
    Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
    Moen-Nattinen-Parros
    Bournival-Briere-Prust

Gorges-Subban
    Markov-Emelin
    Bouillon-Beaulieu

Still trying to get Bourque going, I guess. Can’t say that MT gives up easily…

Bournival, Briere, Prust is another interesting one. Bournival buzzing, Prust crashing around the net and Briere setting up office on the back boards. Who knows? Might work…

69. frankcasting says:

Lovin’ the last two poll Qs – Jagr, hell I was prayin’ for him last summer even after his mediocre Boston stint, instead we signed the midget and look what we’ve got … as for the Leafs, JVR – can’t teach hands. Kessel will flame out before long, the rest, meh…

Loving the Habs since 1965

70. Bob_Sacamano says:

I like Beaulieu but seriously, why not call up a RD? We only have two and of of them is Diaz. Oh sorry, I forgot: We must continue to play Emelin there despite his struggles. Unbelievable.

• bwoar says:

I’m beginning to think there’s a good reason they are avoiding him – maybe the city of Montreal is too much of a distraction? Got in trouble last time he was here? I dunno, I’m reaching, but it’s not like the hockey brass are completely oblivious to this point we keep making.

“thoroughbred”

• arya13 says:

I think RD/LD isn’t as important as the profile of the defense man. If Diaz is out with the Flu, Beaulieu is the closest to the type of player that he is. Simple choice.

71. Mavid says:

At lunch today I challenged one of the more annoying Sens fans to explain to me why they booed PK..well…hum…hum… he thinks long and hard..and then spouts “he jumped Turris in the playoffs last year”..really I say..thats it? You know its hockey right?? Players jump each other all the time…Turris you say..would that be the one that kicked the puck in for a winning goal that should not have counted??…”huh he says, when was that?” Ummm during the playoff’s…my husband jumped in with a time out motion…I think he was afraid I was going to jump accross the table at him..

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

• Habcouver says:

Boy, it must be tough living amongst Sen fan mentality.

Waiting patiently for #25

• ooder says:

the thing that annoys me about sens fans is that they try so hard to have a tradition and prove themselves it’s pathetic.
      they boo PK, ok that’s cute and about 2 years old
      they have that lame senator
      then they tried to not have leafs fans there
      such pathetic ideas to pretend you have tradition

• Mavid says:

so true…wanna be’s ..speaking of that I am not sure if they were supplied by the Sens organization or they were just on their own, but two knobs showed up at the game all dressed up in that stupid gladiator outfit..swords and all..I guess they did not realize that everyone else in the NHL was laughing at that…

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf