Habs arrive in Boston

boston

Goaltender Carey Price drags his suitcase into his Boston hotel.
Stubbs framegrab

The Canadiens are in Boston, having arrived late afternoon. And they just missed Charlie Sheen’s rag-tag entourage, pulling out of their hotel looking like more than a few miles of bad road. (Didn’t see the man himself, but there were some seriously skanky women and well-worn guys straggling out.)

The Habs will be at TD Garden Thursday morning for an 11:30 game-day skate, Game 1 in the Eastern Conference quarterfinal against the Bruins set for the evening.

1. Man Dingga says:

McDonaugh played well for the Rangers.

2. scoulton62 says:

This is my Habs pump up video with speech “I Am A Champion”

3. scoulton62 says:

Heres my Habs pump up video with speech:)

4. kirkiswork says:

If the Habs can get an early goal or 2 the freakin Bruins will just lose it. It will be smooth sailing for us and a steady march to the penalty box for the goons.
    They have no discipline when they fall behind.

5. Gormdog says:

Can`t sleep!

I have da playoff jitters….

6. HABWARRIOR says:

I love the ‘so called experts’ literally everywhere calling this series in favor for the Bruins.Heck even the Boone and Stubbs and the gang think the B’s will win.WTF?Have ya’ll no faith in this team?!We are gonna win goshdarnit!Screw the bruins….this series is for Patches!Chara and the rest of those apes are going down!The gods have spoken.

7. rocketsglare says:

The key will be the first 10 minutes of the game. If Boston hasn’t
    scored or the Habs have scored, then this game is up for grabs.
    The longer the Habs can stay in it, the better the chances of
    stealing game 1. The Habs must split one of the first two road
    games if they are to have a chance of winning the series. They
    certainly have the ability to win one of the two games , but will
    have to play near flawless hockey.

8. SeriousFan09 says:

Louis Leblanc (MTL Juniors), Phillippe Lefebvre (MTL Juniors), Michael Bournival (SHA Cataractes) and Alain Berger (OSH Generals) are staring down the barrel of a long summer, their respective teams are behind 3-1 in their playoff series and their fortunes do not look to be reversing.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

9. J Haul says:

Hey, I was wondering if someone could tell me where to get cheap Chanel handbags, with safty and honesty guarentee?
    Lower price fast shippment with higher quality would definitely be a bonus, if possible!

10. Jdub1985 says:

Let me try this:

Cammi Plecs AK46
    Gomez Gionta Pouliot
    Eller DD Halpern
    White Moen Darche

PK Gill
    Mara Wiz
    Sopel Spacek

• 24moreCups says:

But Halpern is our best face off man if I’m not mistaken, so I’d put Darche in his place and have Halpern centre the 4th like, plus he’ll be coming back from a injury and need time get his game back.

And the rest looks perfect if only Pouliot could live up to his potential and if AK46 can start lighting it up again.

• patience is a virtue says:

Did Hammer miss the flight?

Darche will play with Gio and Gom.

Halpern is out for game 1, unfortunately.

Eller will probably centre the 4th line.

• Guy-Guy-Guy says:

No offense dude, but I don’t think we’ll see a 3 center line and a 3 winger line.

You never know with JM though…

I hope they keep AK/Cammi/Pleks together. Thoses guys have to play first line level if we have any chance of winning

Let’s hope a lot of our guys step up to fight Lucic and Horton… Don’t need to beat them, just break their hand with your face!

Then probably it will be Gomez/Gio/Darche. Darche is playing great lately and will greate space for the other 2 guys

The other 6 players will be fighting for icetime and will probably be benched as soon as they mess anything up. I wouldn’t mind seeing White/DD/Pouliot and Moen/Eller/Halpern

11. Rainrocket16 says:

I sure hope speed and skill can defeat big and powerful!

12. Propwash says:

Bobby Loo had four lives so far.

13. habsindepth says:

The Washington – Rangers game was a treat to watch. Washington is going to prove many wrong. I get a feeling that they are going to be a strong contender this year. If it wasn’t for Lundqvist, it would not have been as close as it was.. but what a shot by Semin on that OT goal.

Vancouver seems to be flying out there! Wow. Are they going to the final this year? I’d say so.

===================================
    Web: http://www.habsindepth.com – For the Fanatics
    Twitter: @habsindepth
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hidpage

14. Propwash says:

It’s looking like the Hawks don’t stand much of a chance…

15. TINMAN17 says:

ESPNBoston Columnist James Murphy picks Habs in 6. Read it here, it is in the smaller box column to the right, half way down. It is a Joe McDonald column but it’s there, some of what he has to say: …I see another first-round upset for a franchise that makes a habit of slaying Goliath in the first round.

Born and Bred in Enemy Territory (Boston).

• citizenSanto says:

Nice read Tinman, thanks.

and thanks for the great missionary work you do in such hostile territory.

i salute you! You’re all Heart.

…………………………………………………………………..
      Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are.
      Augustine of Hippo

16. Jdub1985 says:

Anyone who is watching the Ducks game, (if you have satellite) check out the info describing the channel … both Paul Mara and Saku Koivu are mentioned … so Habed out!

17. Jdub1985 says:

Kostitsyn almost scores for Nashville! I miss him

———

18. Propwash says:

Hiller is still out with vertigo symptoms?

19. Jdub1985 says:

As most of you know I live in LA and happened to got to a SCF game at the Pond when they were playing the Sens a few years back … I will tell all of you there is more noise at Habs preseason game then there was that night. And the fans might even be more classless and trashy then Beantowners … no joke (909ers)

20. Propwash says:

Ducks/Preds a good game so far

Kovalev and Higgins score 1st goals in their games.

22. Jdub1985 says:

Ovie pulls his patent shove the goalie into the net with my stick … and of course the ref forgot his whistle in his pocket … Bettman wants the Caps …

on the plus side i just won my fantasy basketball league :)

23. Propwash says:

Caps win in OT, King Henry kept the rags in it, but could only do so much.

24. Just found out that after growing up as a Canadian for my entire life, I am moving “back” to India with my parents.

It sucks. But I guess I can do this much for my parents, as they’ve had financial issues for a while now. They probably won’t be able to pay the fees for the university. So for the next 4-5 years, I will really miss my Habs. I love watching them, and I watch every single one of their games.

This is just one of the VARIOUS Canadian things I absolutely love, the Habs – Canada’s team ;)

I hope to be back after finishing my studies in 5-6 years. And hopefully this website works in South Asia. I can’t live without watching Les Boys and without socializing with the world’s best fans.

It feels good sharing this. It feels like as if I am talking to my family. Thanks guys :)
    I feel better already.

And I promise to myself, that one day, one friggin’ day, I will come to the Bell center and watch the Habs play.

Go Habs Go! Gonna say this loud and proud till June :D

After June, I’ll start yelling, so my voice reaches all the way to Montreal :)

• Propwash says:

Please don’t say you’re gonna miss the playoffs…..

• pmaraw says:

take care over there, im sure the site will work fine tho :D

• OneTimer says:

When you come back, the Habs will be right there waiting for you. Plus, in today’s internet age, it’s not that hard to keep up from halfway around the world (from one ex-pat to another). :)

• HugeHabsFan says:

Best wishes to you and your family. :)

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Cammalleri: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien”.

• Timo says:

That is sudden. Sorry to hear you’re leaving. Drop by HIO if you need a laugh or a cheer – one thing it isn’t lacking is cheap entertainment.

Best of luck to you and your family!

• ManApart says:

Are you sure India is really a good idea? Obviously it depends where you live, but I went there once and it’s pretty messed up. So, so many poor people, it’s crazy. They like to try to put an image like they are a forward moving and progressive. They are, in some of the main business sectors, but that is a very small percentage of the country. 80% of the people are in shambles. Don’t know if you visited before, but it’s no joke. It’s a cool place to be for a few weeks, but to live there, is very different than Canada. Good luck though.

• I know what you mean, poverty is one heck of an issue there. And corruption too. It will take more than just 5 decades for that nation to improve it’s current condition. It’s not that they are not trying to move forward, but the population is so great, that it will take a long time for India to lift itself. The prices for food, gas etc. is sky high and obviously the poor (that make up most of the nation) can’t afford it.

Well, I am just going there temporarily for grade 12 and university. Once I have a degree, I will return and apply for a good job. I can’t live there permanently bud, I grew up as a Canadian. I grew up singing “O Canada” and I’ll always support this nation.

• Jdub1985 says:

It’s the 21 Century … I’m sure you’ll have no problems watching every game home or away :)
      Good luck and enjoy some legit tiki masala!

• punkster says:

Hey there H, I envy you. Look upon it as a big adventure. The challenge and experience will be great. And with technology you won’t miss a Boone blog or an RDS broadcast. I look forward to reading regular comments from the Far East. Enjoy!
      ***Subbang Baby!!!***

• Curtis O Habs says:

Good luck ninja baby.

• t1tan5 says:

I think you’ll have a good experience in India. As a fellow brown Canadian (my parents are from Bangladesh), I can tell you that it will be a bit of a shock to be there. Besides the heat, you will see the huge class division in the region. The rich are very rich and the poor are VERY poor. However, you’ll get used to it after a while because that’s human nature. We adapt! Also: never give money to any beggar no matter how young or incapacitated. The money will most likely end up in the pockets of some hoodlum. If anything, give food.

• CHsam says:

Dude. I wish you the best… I don’t know, can’t you get a student loan and do work program? apply for grad fellowship or something?

Enjoy the playoffs this summer man.

• Peter Young says:

Best wishes, fellow Canadiens fan. You are part of a community that is worldwide. I have had to follow my team from a distance for most of my life, and I’ve supported them since 1953. Today it’s so much easier to do that than it was in times past, and you can take consolation in that. I do hope your family and you prosper in India.

• 24moreCups says:

Hey wish you all the best over there man, hopefully you can still come post on HIO!

25. pmaraw says:

i think chicago’s gonna be hard pressed to win a game in the playoffs this year

26. wuyu378 says:

good news * our website(w w w)(bingstore)(us)
    we had update and add a great quantity products picture.
    and many things are dropping their prices. welcome
    everyone to visit our website *

27. Flying Lion says:

Trying to post some playoff love for the Team. GO HABS GO!

GO HABS GO! Never give up. Never give in.

28. adam76 says:

Come on Van – steal our opening? What a joke.

29. Propwash says:

Caps/Rags goin to o.t

30. otter649 says:

Habs in 6 games…..

31. solomio says:

Update
    Is here and now the time and place to get all the commentariat’s predictions on this series? All in one location where we can see who called it right and who didn’t.
    Sure would reveal who all the blow hards and holier than thous are if they call it wrong.Sure would reveal those who are blinded by love or who are truly enlightened as the case may be.
    So if this be the right time and place let ‘er rip HIOers.
    If you’re not so moved well lets do it somewhere. Should be a blast
    Here’s who has stepped up to the plate so far:

DEANDALLEY – Habs will take the Broons in 6 …

Jonson – montreal over boston

Andre the Giant- Montreal in 5

JohnBellyful – Montreal in six.

t1tan5 says: Habs in SIX

HABZ24 says: bruins in six

Fred D says: Canadiens in 6.

mamacat says:the habs win it in 7.

pierre lapuck says: the boys will win in 7,

Don Carnage says: Habs in 6

HaloHabsFan says: Montreal sweeps 4-0,

Marc10 says: Habs in 7.

Steven says: the Habs in 6

HabFarmer says: Habs in six

Rugger says: Habs in 6

dh says: Habs in 6.

G-Man says: Habs in 6.

tony d says: Habs in 7

Trisomy 21 says: Habs in 6.

Andrew Berkshire says: Habs in 6.

Propwash says: Habs in 6

ManApart says: Bruins in 7

Psycho29 says: Habs in 6…..

Bill says: Montreal in 7.

32. Bill says:

Predictions are the most meaningless thing. The fact that gambling on pro sports is immensely profitable for the people taking the bets proves that neither knowledge nor intelligence can help you accurately prognosticate the outcome of a playoff series. So the guy below calling out posters to make their claims to determine who knows what they’re talking about is full of it.

Obviously, there is no way to know. It’s a game of chance affected by variables. The Montreal-Boston series could happen about 50 ways.

That said, I’m going with Montreal in 7.

Full Breezer 4 Life

33. habsindepth says:

That Pittsburgh / Tampa game was exciting as hell. Fleury made some really wicked saves. Where were all those high flying scorers for Tampa tonight?

and at the present moment, it’s a tie game in Washington, 1-1. Can the Rangers do it?

Last set of playoff predictions was up on HiD before the games, if you haven’t read that yet, here it is: “Road to Lord Stanley” http://bit.ly/gLGHnS
    ===================================
    Web: http://www.habsindepth.com – For the Fanatics
    Twitter: @habsindepth
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hidpage

34. Gormdog says:

TSN Announcing:

“With that Caps goal, the game is now tied for the first time since the puck was dropped”

Except that the game was tied until the Rangers scored…

• Steven says:

Can’t blame them for spouting whatever they can think of. I mean, LEAFS FANS listen to this, usually!

No, but, seriously, I guess it doesn’t ring right saying since the Rangers scored.

Or they’re just idiots :P

35. Yeats says:

Sufffferrrrrin’ suchotash! How does Bryan Murray keep his job?

36. Kooch7800 says:

Kovalev has scored for the Pens tonight. That guy is clutch in the playoffs.

37. Yeats says:

Let’s go Rangers!!!

38. CHsam says:

Wow overhearing Leafs fans talking about Burkie bringing in Rick Nash. Huh. 3 pieces away from being a contender. Love it

39. JD_ says:

The nerd segment on the CBC passin’ on rumours the ‘Yotes (TSNTalk™) will be moved to the Peg followin’ their elimination from the playoffs.

(Please do note the unfortunate use of language on their part. Unless, of course, one believes some cabal maps these things out ahead of time.)

That aside, I sincerely hope this comes to pass for two very simple reasons: Canada needs more teams for no other reason than it generally makes Canadian hockey fans happy and, perhaps more importantly, don’t know about you, but I’ve grown quite effin’ tired of hearin’ about how every opportunistic dude who dials up Bettman and buys him lunch is a prospective buyer, and that it is just a matter of time before the i’s are dotted and t’s crossed.

It is time for the NHL to throw in the towel. It’s over. It’s done its part for the city of Glendale. It is officially relieved of its fiduciary responsibility. The Phoenix franchise is dead. It is not pinin’ for the fjords. It has passed on. The ‘Yotes are no more. They have ceased to be.

Kovy!

Habs shoulda picked him up!

Asham!

The Habs shoulda never let him go!

Nah.

40. CHsam says:

Lol KOVY!!! “Ow… My wrist hurts. That’s slashing and…oh..wait..pass it right here! BOOM! Im fine now. I love Bryan Murray.”

41. Propwash says:

TB melting down

42. sane hockey fan says:

kovy gets one

43. Psycho29 says:

Man that Mark Lee is one boring announcer on CBC…

44. Still 0-0 in the Pit vs TB game wow. Not as many scoring chances as i thought. Yotes had the 1st per , can;t believe wings are back in it in like two secs

Habsnation is still standing.

45. Propwash says:

Lundqvist is Halaking the Caps so far

46. habs_nessa says:

So far the most exciting game to watch is detroit pheonix, kind of shocking…

47. Off-side says:

Who’s the blond lady bending over her suitcase by the bus?

48. Aybara says:

Final exam from 7-10 tomorrow night. WHY!!!
    If only cell phones weren’t considered “illegal aids”

49. Psycho29 says:

Habs in 6…..but if it goes 7, I’m not too confident (with the B2B games)

Hey why do the Pens fans wear white if their team is in black??????

50. OneTimer says:

You know, I think the Rangers are going to “Montreal” Washington again in 7 games. Of course, two crossbars in the 1st period of the first game always helps, but I think Lundqvist is going to steal this series. NYR will capitalize on their counter-attacks just like we did, and win games to the tune of 2-1.

51. wool40 says:

Does anyone know where the directions are to put an avatar up?

“Hockey is a religion here. We’re all priests. It’s sacred. You don’t trade priests.”- Guy Lafleur 1985

52. solomio says:

Update
    So if this be the right time and place let ‘er rip HIOers.
    If you’re not so moved well lets do it somewhere. Should be a blast
    Here’s who has stepped up to the plate so far:

DEANDALLEY – Habs will take the Broons in 6 …

Jonson – montreal over boston

Andre the Giant- Montreal in 5

JohnBellyful – Montreal in six.

t1tan5 says: Habs in SIX

HABZ24 says: bruins in six

Fred D says: Canadiens in 6.

mamacat says:the habs win it in 7.

pierre lapuck says: the boys will win in 7,

Don Carnage says: Habs in 6

HaloHabsFan says: Montreal sweeps 4-0,

Marc10 says: Habs in 7.

53. punkster says:

Rags take a Too Many Men. Oooff, Torts ain’t happy.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

54. Propwash says:

Rags vs Caps is a good game to watch, but McGuire just kills it for me, dunno how long I can take it.

55. Marc10 says:

Habs in 7.

Carey, Carey, Carey, Oi, Oi, Oi!!!

56. HaloHabsFan says:

Montreal sweeps 4-0, just because these series never seem to go as predicted. Bring out the brooms for the ruins!

57. solomio says:

Update
    So if this be the right time and place let ‘er rip HIOers.
    If you’re not so moved well lets do it somewhere. Should be a blast
    Here’s who has stepped up to the plate so far:

DEANDALLEY – Habs will take the Broons in 6 …

Jonson – montreal over boston

Andre the Giant- Montreal in 5

JohnBellyful – Montreal in six.

t1tan5 says: Habs in SIX

HABZ24 says: bruins in six

Fred D says: Canadiens in 6.

mamacat says:the habs win it in 7.

pierre lapuck says: the boys will win in 7,

Don Carnage says: Habs in 6

58. sane hockey fan says:

ooooooo baby Stamkos just got smoked!!

59. Don Carnage says:

LOL @ push mower !!

Habs in 6

GO HABS GO

60. pierre lapuck says:

If we’re guessing, I think the boys will win in 7, with a chance to close them out in 6 but an OT loss. BTW does anyone know if there is a recent update to Annakyn Slade’s Feels Like 93?

61. mamacat says:

Boston in 9… due to the league stepping in after the habs win it in 7.

62. Fred D says:

What the Hell! My guess is as good as anybody’s!

Canadiens in 6.

First game will tell the tale, however. Even if we lose it, we must put up a good stand, right from the get go,to establish that we are not intimidated and will continue to play the Bruins in an upright and forceful manner. I think we will win one of the first two games in Boston and then two in a row at the Bell.
    After that, we will wait and see.

63. Habfan4lfe says:

I think we can get by Boston if we can score goals and Price is hot. I don’t know what will be left of the team after Boston though. Referees will be something to see I am sure. Especially when we play in Boston. I’m not thinking much about it at all. I know the guys are getting it together and I hope to see them come out with their best. Let’s see the fruition of benefits from JM’s coaching.

64. solomio says:

So if this be the right time and place let ‘er rip HIOers.
    If you’re not so moved well lets do it somewhere. Should be a blast
    Here’s who has stepped up to the plate so far:

DEANDALLEY – Habs will take the Broons in 6 …

Jonson – montreal over boston

Andre the Giant- Montreal in 5

JohnBellyful – Montreal in six.

t1tan5 says: Habs in SIX

HABZ24 says: bruins in six

65. Jocko says:

I am so tired of everyone talking about the Bruins and how tough they are. I thinks the Habs have to stay out of the box, let the goons in boston take two minute breaks, and kill them on the PP. This is going to sound like Bobby Hull, but I would shoot high on the first powerplay of the series, just to see if the Bruins would stand there if pucks are coming at the from ankle to waist high.
    I am hoping these Habs skate the Bruins into the ice and kick some Bruin ass. Even if they do, however, they will be the Cinderella team, and the media will give them no respect.

I don’t want to see Maurice tonight, I want to see The Rocket!

66. Mr.Hazard says:

Oh good, so it looks like they’re staying in a hotel of WINNERS!

67. secretdragonfly says:

Dave, you’re in Boston – ALL the women look skanky, lol.