Habs 4, Jets 3: Post-game reaction (Video)

Plekanec

The Canadiens won their fourth game in a row on Tuesday beating the Winnipeg Jets 4-3 at the Bell Centre.

Coach Michel Therrien called it a big victory. “I think we started the game well once again. We felt that our players were ready. So it’s a good performance,” said Therrien, who noted the team is playing with a lot of passion.

The Canadiens capitalized on a power play in the third period after Brian Gionta drew a tripping penalty. With Jets defenceman Tobias Enstrom in the box, Tomas Plekanec scored, giving the Habs a 4-3 lead.

Rene Bourque, Brendan Gallagher and Erik Cole also scored for the Canadiens.

It was Gallagher’s second goal this season. Fellow rookie Alex Galchenyuk had two assists in the game. They were the game’s first and second star, respectively.

The two rookies have confidence right now “and I want to make sure that I’m building that confidence,” Therrien said. “So it’s a process working with young kids. And right now those two can bring a lot of energy to our team. They work hard. They deserve the success that they’ve got because of their work ethic and their passion.”

The Canadiens were down two men in the third period when Brandon Prust was sent off for diving after he was hit into the boards by the Canadiens bench by Nik Antropov. David Desharnais who came to Prust’s defence received a roughing penalty. The Canadiens managed to kill off both penalties.

After the game Prust said he thought it was probably his first diving penalty. “I can’t remember one. So it’s a first for everything,” Prust said.

“I got hit from behind and I fell down and apparently that’s diving nowadays,” he said.

Canadiens goaltender Peter Budaj will be in net when the team plays the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday, Therrien said.

You can hear what Gallagher had to say after the game below:

1. Steeltown Hab says:

Reffing has been consistently strict this year. Can’t complain for the most part.

Time to swap DD and Eller. I thought Eller did a pretty decent job creating out there with what he was given. Swiss league hurt Desharnais is seems like or he’s just having a really bad start. Either way “no excuses” everyones accountable and this small change should be made. That line can’t get any worse.

———————————

Lars, PK, Galchenyuk, Pac, Emelin – @J_Perez22

2. Rudy says:

For those asking, the French 24CH episode is on YouTube

3. Sportfan says:

LOL love reading what the people on the TSN comment page have to say -_- its either angry Jets fans saying the refs WERE ON OUR SIDE (Habs) or constantly them bringing up the loss to the leafs! We lost 2-1 these people need to get over themselves if anything the Leads woke us up haha really sad arguments.

4. durocher says:

Great character win — DD going after Antropov after the latter hit Prust from behind shows a lot about this team. The boys are playing with energy and passion, and as a team. It is wonderful to see, and I didn’t think I’d see a Habs team play like this for some time.

Props to the kids, and to Emelin, who had a heck of a game. Evander will be seeing him in his nightmares tonight.

5. Say Ash says:

Who’d rather have a tired Price tomorrow than a fresh Budaj?

6. emann_222 says:

Mostly a solid game against the Jets. There were definitely some weak points to the overall picture, but for the most part – well done and a solid win against a tough bigger team.

That’s three games with 4 goals – couldn’t say that in the previous 2 seasons. Well played … have to keep the momentum going for tomorrow night.

Check out my thoughts on tonight’s game here:

Can’t wait till tomorrow! Go Habs Go!

Visit me at http://www.bleedbleublancrouge.com

7. Habfan4lfe says:

It was a good game. Cheap call on Proust but we gave it to the Jets.

8. Say Ash says:

Fourth!

Win, that is.

9. K-hab25 says:

I honestly believe Subban is going to be a big positive.

10. D Mex says:

Your ” big question ” has merit, but there’s gonna be hell to pay when PK’s big HI/O sisters find it … LOL … :-)

ALWAYS Habs -
    D Mex

11. savethepuck says:

The least of my worries are how PK fits in. He will be a huge plus for this team. Hopefully he will help a very weak penalty kill ( IMO the only obvious weakness I see on this team ). He will take a lot of minutes from other DMen that are playing huge minutes in situations they shouldn’t be. Any speculation re him not fitting is in just speculation, he’s a huge talent. I am sure he’ll be called out by his teammates and have to stand up in the room to state his case and commitment to his team ( but I’ve never been part of an NHL dressing room ). I’m also sure that whatever is said in the room will stay in the room, like it should, no matter how much the media tries to get answers. There will be no problem in the room at all.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

12. db says:

I see faceoffs as a weakness of this team.. PK can only help, he’s part of the team and they got his back.