Greetings to new Inside/Out family members

May we respectfully draw your attention to the Other Wing link atop this page, where you’ll now find the thoughts of three new bloggers and one who’s back for another season. To shamelessly steal from an intro posted elsewhere on Inside/Out:

• Leigh Anne Power, aka J.T., is host of the CBC morning show in central Newfoundland. She is a total Habs fan and incredibly knowledgeable.

Eric Engels is a hockey fanatic, who has done stuff for Hockeybuzz.com, which is an insanely popular site. He will be attending all home games and doing post-game stuff for the Team 990.

David Kellerman is a Montreal lawyer and one of the Four Habs Fans who do a hilariously offbeat and irreverent web site.

• And back is Chris Aung-Thwin, a recent McGill grad who wrote about his passion for the Habs and sifted through reader comments every week last season for HIO.

You’ll find their regular blogs at the Other Wing link. We encourage you to read them, agree or disagree with them, and generally carry on with them in the same civilized manner you do with us all at Inside/Out.

Welcome to our new voices, and have a great season!

1. fuhgawz says:

welcome to the new other wing folks .. hmmmm maybe we can reserve a spot for Eklund as well lol

2. Gr8stFranchizEvr says:

Welcome all!

JT, we all knew you were talented, well-informed, and entertaining. It was just a matter of time before you made the blog team. Congrats!

3. GHG33 says:

For free NHL streams always look here:

They cover most games every night, either by sopcast or justin.tv or other ways. Its an awesome site!

Drive For 25 Is Alive!

4. Canus says:

Thankx Bugs.
    but, no, I don’t remember the Nick Nolte stealing Eric Bana’s power. Which movie is that?

5. Bugs says:

justintv.com hockey bruins french
    Seeing the trouncing we are laying down, I am reminded of when Nick Nolte was trying to steal Eric Bana’s Power. Remember?
    “It’s not stopping!!!”
    Hey, Bruinies, you wanna play with the big Boys, be prepared. What? Because you brought us to 7 games, you think you’re tough?
    You’re not tough, Boston.
    You’re just Boston.
    And we’re Montreal.
    Need I say more?
    Peace Out.
    ______________________________________________________
    Lord Bugs Potter, esq. Earl of Fluppitburg, Baron of Flopshlupshire and Knight of the Flannel Republic.

6. upintheblues says:

i know RDS has a season subscription package, as well as per-game pricing ($3?). and there’s the center ice subscription with nhl.com.

but i don’t know about any free streaming. would love to, though!

7. Canus says:

Hey all;
    anyone know where I can watch this game online?

8. upintheblues says:

What better way to get my virginal post over with?

I just discovered HIO recently, and i haven’t been able to go a few hours without checking it since.

I’d thought it couldn’t get any better, but now this!

Welcome new bloggers!

9. nightmare_49 says:

A Summit Reminder : The pre game dinner on Oct-25 – 3:30pm will be at the Baton Rouge a football toss away from the Bell Center , 1050 rue de la Montagne ….. http://www.batonrougerestaurants.com/page.asp?intNodeID=31239 ……………………… Check it out ….. http://www.batonrougerestaurants.com/page.asp?intNodeID=31213 ……….. After the game will be held at The Sports Station – La Station des Sports – Resto Bar .. 2051 St. Catherine St. (corner Fort) and across the street from Hotel du Fort ….. http://www.yelp.ca/biz/la-station-des-sports-montreal

10. cautiousoptimist says:

Welcome all!

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
    2. Josh Gorges on Montreal’s attack: “They’re comin’, they’re comin’ and they keep comin’. Just line after line, wave after wave…”

I knew JT was not just another pretty face.

Now just watch how this talented sports gal from the rock shows up some of the other CBC meatheads accross this country.

You will do a great job JT,

12. JasonM says:

Best of luck to all the new bloggers!

13. GHG33 says:

Can this site get any better?

Drive For 25 Is Alive!

14. Habs_4_Me says:

Only if one of the players or coaches themselves did some special guest blogging. Any chance of that?
    ______________________________________________________________________

Have always been a Habs fan…will always be a Habs fan. I was born on the bandwagon and will die on the bandwagon…there is no on and off.

15. RetroMikey says:

With new people contributing, I am hoping we get more mp3 audio from the players and coaches, more pictures, etc. more, more, more!!!!!
    By far, this is the best site if you’re a Habs fan!

“We will win the Cup only with Carey Price in the nets”

16. Sami says:

Jeez, now I’m REALLY not going to get anything done at work. Great additions HIO.

17. Habs_008 says:

I have a feeling i am going to get fired this year….anyway HIO can hire me on as a blogger of some sorts??haha..

18. krob1000 says:

Yikes..it always seems that players get into trouble on their own websites even when they blog….too much emotion affter a loss or after an altercation, etc and then they can’t take back what they write. I dunno if that is a good idea in Montreal because that could blow up in a hurry.

19. Chuck says:

Congrats all, and welcome aboard! As it’s already been stated, my employer can now expect my production to decrease by approximately 38%.

__________________________________

20. zamboni says:

Awesome.

Any chances of getting RSS feed of “The Other Wing” just like Main / Boone / Puckcasts?

It would help immensely not to miss their valuable viewpoints about our beloved Habs.

Thanks

21. T-roy West says:

Nice to hear from ya Zamboni. Don’t be a stranger!

22. Sliver24 says:

I recently started reading a great new blog by an experienced local guy that’s been covering the Habs for the CP for nearly a decade. You may also recognize his name from the weekly Amateur Athlete feature in the Gazette sports section. He’s Arpon Basu and you can find his blog here: http://dailyhab-it.blogspot.com/ Check him out! You should get him into the HIO fold too.

23. chuckles3 says:

A blogger from Newfoundland, plus she’s a CBC Radio host AND has the same name as my girlfriend?!? Great news!
    Greetings to you from a transplanted St. John’s guy now living in the unofficial “Hockey Gutter” (a.k.a. Toronto)

24. G-Man says:

Best of luck to all the new bloggers. Is there enough time in a day to sift through all the posts, blogs and the rest of Habs paraphernalia? Of course there is!
    Be fast, be funny, be nasty, but, damnitall, be something! Now, go blog, I feel tired.

Gilbert
    2008/09 is the season of the Habs

25. zamboni says:

Thanks T-Roy

Yeah, I haven’t been posting much, but I’m always around reading all the great posts.
    I must admit though, it’s becoming increasingly more difficult to keep up, and thanks to HIO, it’s only going to get better (aka more difficult to keep up ;)