Gomez, Spacek good to go

PRE-GAME AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Max Pacioretty | P.K. Subban

Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek appear ready to play against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Bell Centre. Both participated in the morning skate in Brossard and were with their usual partners. Gomez was between Max Pacioretty and Brian Gionta while Spacek was paired with Roman Hamrlik on defence.

Yannick Weber will be a healthy scratch along with Tom Pyatt and Dustin Boyd.

And Canadiens prospect Michael Bournival was among the final cuts from the Canadian national junior team today. Louis Leblanc made the team as expected.

1. Kooch7800 says:

Thanks.  Man I am on crack today

2. HabFanSince72 says:

HA HA.

3. habaddict_andy says:

Defensively esponsible?  AK has +9 so far.  I guess no one has the answer why Andrei is in 3rd line.  The only answer I believe is to protect our best players against Flyers (or some people say Filthy).

And leading in +/- category?  Jeff Halpern with +11, I guess he is pretty good although he may not have the same responsibility as Plekanec has.

4. HabFanSince72 says:

AK46 – Halpern – Lappy should be a threat to score.

I said should not will be.

5. kirkiswork says:

TSN says Andrei will be on the 4th line ?

6. Bugs says:

-You DOLT, do you really think my son would be stupid enough to bring my diary all the way back here?

-Heh!

-You didn’t, did you?

-Uhh…

-You didn’t bring my diary back here, did you?

-Well…

-Oh, my…you diiiid.

-Listen…

-I should’ve sent it to the Marx Brothers!

-I came here to SAVE you!

-Oh, yeah?! Well, who’s gonna save YOU.., JUNIOR?!

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

7. HabFanSince72 says:

The Habs are a defence-first team.

I guess JM thinks having Moen instead of AK46 makes that line better in its own end and more defensively responsible. (Cammy is already a bit of a liability there.)

I think he thinks he can always put AK46 on that line later in the game if necessary.

Not saying I agree, but that is the reasonable explanation.

8. TheDagger says:

Just pick something you heard him say at any point in his life and say it… because it will be used again by him.

9. kmachabs27 says:

sorrry to break your heart but i believe JM is going with Moen on that line rather then AK tonigh….tell me if im wrong…hope i am.

10. Hockey Socks says:

I always wished the Habs got Ziggy Palffy.

11. kmachabs27 says:

why is Moen on the top lineee?? and not AK? since i cannot talk to JM myselff does someone have an explanationnn?????? HUHHHHHHHHH??? I love Moen but he shouldnt be with Plekky and Cammy.

12. Kappy says:

Seriously, how does TSN keep giving that DOLT a paycheck, he absolutly terrible.  The only thing worse is that Tacky Dressing, Loud Mouth DOLT on CBC.

13. geo_habsgo says:

I can see P.K playing explosively tonight. All he needs is a good rush or a big hit to get him going again. Once he gets fired up and in the game he will be a huge factor.

And I know we haven’t seen him play yet but I just feel like the team is so much more stable with MaxPac on the team again. It is a move by the team to address a need and move forward.

14. Bugs says:

I was always jealous of that guy’s name when I was a kid.

That bastich could probably sleep in an extra 15 minutes every morning and still get to class in time for roll-call.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

15. Mattyleg says:

I was always partial to Zarly Zalapsky.

And when I came back from Europe and saw Satan playing hockey, I thought hell had finally frozen over.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

16. christophor says:

Doesn’t Andrei hit harder and more often than Moen?

17. Mattyleg says:

As much as I’d like to take part in McGuire-bashing, I never watch TSN, so I’d be out of date.

This is good stuff, though!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

18. Bugs says:

Gotta agree. No name more awesome than Radek “The Atomic” Bonk.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

19. Mattyleg says:

Get Mike Johnson back there too!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

20. Storm Man says:

LOL he is also captain of something else…. But this is a PG13 site.

21. christophor says:

I was pulling for Jonas Hoglund. I always am, and I’m always let down.

22. Mark C says:

Way to get on the Max-Gomez-Gio bandwagon before it leaves the station. I think this is the best pair of players for Gomez to play with. Gio and Max are both high volume shooters, who should be able to best capitalize on Gomez’s play making. Max has the size to play the corners and the front of the net. While Gio has history with Gomez and is a right hand shot.

23. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

Whoa, hang on… Darche’s brother’s wife owns her own business? And JM’s using him on the THIRD line? Where did this guy learn to coach?

24. dicktracy says:

M. Richards

25. TripleX says:

Arpon Basu

Here’s latest  lines, Cammalleri-Plekanec-Moen; Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta; Pouliot-Eller-Darche; Kostitsyn-Halpern-Lapierre. Boyd out.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

26. SmartDog says:

You all know that I’m not one to was poetic with optimism.  But with Gionta back with Gomez and MaxPac on the other wing, this new shuffle could create a chain reactoin that results in an explosion of goals. Gio NEEDS to be with Gomer.  No-one else can figure him out. MaxPac is the kind of player that could help that line – big, eager, and a threat to score goals.  Reuniting Cami-Pleks-AK makes me want to throw myself on the ground and yell “praise the lord!”.  I think Cami will be happy to get his old line back and if he returns to his old form, opposing goalies are in trouble when the Pleks line is on.  Moen goes back where he belongs – on a crunch line – and may feel a bit more power and space playing against the lower lines of other teams.  And whichever line that gest Moen gets a boost in physical play.

So to me, MaxPac coming up could have a strong effect on the whole team.  Hoping so… and I don’t hope for nuthin’. I think this could really happen.

SD

——-

27. SeriousFan09 says:

I personally demand an update to know whether or not any of the Canadiens have second cousins with fishing cabins on the Great Lakes.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

28. Malreg says:

Or he can tell us about how Darche’s brother just moved to a different state, and that Darche’s-brother’s-wife is opening her own business.  He seriously mentioned that once last year…

29. SeriousFan09 says:

Any word on when Radek Bonk will get back in? We’re short of NHL players with awesome names.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

30. avatar_58 says:

Twas a playful jab Bugs, I loved the journey that ship took us on

Effin Carbozo!!!

32. SmartDog says:

How many fingers?

My brother is a journalist – a pretty good one – and he uses two fingers.  I make fun of him… for that and the “smoking jacket” he often wears while writing which I think is actually a woman’s bathrobe.  Journalists are quirky.

——-

33. otter649 says:

Is Danny Markov playing ?

34. Bugs says:

Well, she took heavy damage saving your city against the two fiercest armies in the East if you remember.

May she rest in peace.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

35. Say Ash says:

Guess that means Ryder will have to keep making paper airplanes.

36. avatar_58 says:

Is that the ship that sunk somewhere around Philly last year?

37. Leafsfallinthespring says:

Sergei is also back in the lineup according to TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Haha.

38. habby27 says:

Don’t F*#! around JM.

AK better be with his usual line.

Will Martin have special instructions for PK pertaining to Richards or rein him in a little.

I say turn him lose, and you will get quality and grit. He has a great head on his shoulders for how this game can be played productively.

40. Bugs says:

There once was a Habby called Moen

On whom the coach was heard goin’:

“Imagine a drakkar;

Warriors sans sonar.

Well, he’s below doin the rowin’.”

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

41. Kooch7800 says:

I agree but I would say that Max P has a better nose for the net and hands then Moen.

42. Say Ash says:

Great. McGuire can tell us all about Max Pac’s high school years.

43. TripleX says:

Some perspective on what is truly important.  The final column of the great and brave Tony Proudfoot.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

44. Kooch7800 says:

PK will have a good game tonight.  He is due and I have a good feeling. Plus Brad Richards will be on him so he will bring up his game

45. Kooch7800 says:

I believe it is on TSN tonight as well as RDS.

Happy viewing.

Did I mention how much I despise the flyers!

Hey look. It’s the captain of the Halaknic.

47. dh says:

My guess is that JM starts Moen on the first line since it’s the Flyers.  I would prefer Cammy, AK and Pleks but I bet that he won’t do that.

48. shiram says:

I would not say that MaxPac is a confirmed bonafide top 6 forward, but hopefully he can prove it this season.

That appears to be the HIO consensus by a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide margin.

Hope Picard and PK have better outings together tonight.

51. HabFab says:

He say’s as he mixes some gasoline into the fire extinguisher!

52. adamkennelly says:

Lapierre, Pyatt, Boyd – all the same type of player – too much to ask for this team to have some toughness on the roster for use when needed.

53. TripleX says:

Team990 is saying Moen is back on the top line with Pleks and Cammi.

Either JM is torturing us or everyone had good reason to be upset.  Guess we all have to wait for the game to find out what JM is planning.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

54. Samovich says:

So is the game on at 7pm or 7:30pm?

55. HabFab says:

How about a first, two seconds and a third.

This would be much like the 70’s Habs…heavy on the “much like”part.

56. lavie says:

Based on the good timing that the line AK-Pleky-Cammi is resumed, I’d say JM is a good coach.

57. punkster says:

That sort of language is gonna get you banned.

58. punkster says:

So those practice lines everyone was so upset about over the past few days turned out to be just that, practice lines. What would we do on here without panic and madness to fuel the fires?

59. Bugs says:

That’s twice as good a team as Guy Lafleur’s analysis of the club few years back…

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

60. lavie says:

Thanks for the update. As I mentioned yesterday, these are the most agreed (forwards) lines.

61. NoTinFoilCups says:

Thould I gad dythlecthia 😉

62. HabFab says:

Truly inspiring!

Thank you Julie for sharing it.

63. Bugs says:

I like how you say we “finally” have six top forwards but in the same breath say we should wait for reality to confirm it so we can finally say it.

Brilliant non sequitur!

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

64. Dave Stubbs says:

Things that should be seen only if wearing protective goggles: Hickey typing.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

65. joeybarrie says:

So the keys to tonights game.

Cammi back with Pleks and AK. If they can play like they did in the first games, we are looking good.

Gomez and Gio with a hungry kid who wants to show he can stay with the team. No better time to do it than against the top team in the league.

PK to show Richards he will continue to play like he has, and not make mistakes.

PK and PP needs to be top notch.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

66. joeybarrie says:

Harani reported the lines from practice this morning…

AK46 – Pleky – Cammi (#13 will be a happy man!)

MaxPac – Gomez – Gionta

Darche – Eller – Pouliot (If it ain’t broke..)

Moen – Lapierre – Halpern

Scractches: Pyatt, Boyd

Hammr – Subban

Spacek – Picard

Gill – Gorges

Scratch: Weber

I like these lines. We can roll 3 lines that can score. And we are preparing for special teams…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

Think of it as the Habs having quatre deuxieme trios!!

Enough about Weber being a michel heaklthy scratch.

What about Leblanc ex ecpecteding?

69. habs03 says:

Mr Proudfoot is the best! What a great man, such class, I was fortunate enough to have him as my soccer gym teacher a few years back at dawson college. Thx for the article.

70. egold says:

We FINALLY have six top 6 forwards on the team….we can finally field 2 top offensive lines, yet we still have to wait until that becomes a reality.

Nothing against Travis Moen, really….he’s a heart and soul player who I’ll take on my team anyday.  But man I’d finally like to see him in a role he’d be comfortable in: 3rd line checking/energy role!

Andrei Kostitsyn on the 4th line makes absolutely no sense!!!  I trust and believe in Martin but man he makes it tough to sometimes..

71. Julie H says:

What’s going on with the typos? Guess the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet 😉 Also the game is at 7:30.

I’m glad Spacek is back in the lineup, we certainly need him in one piece!

I’d like to take a moment to share a wonderful article written by none other than Tony Proudfoot: http://www.montrealgazette.com/health/time+come+Proudfoot/3979831/story.html

He is a friend of my family and has a very special place in our hearts. His article brought me to tears and really made me think about how wonderful life is and how special each person that we meet really is. I hope you will take time to read this touching story.

♪Your cares and troubles are gone. There’ll be no more from now on. From now on happy days are here again, the skies above are so clear again. So let’s sing a song of cheer again. Happy times, happy nights, happy days are here again♪

72. habs03 says:

I would love to see Hamrlik-Subban, Gill-Gorges, Spacek-Weber, but I guess you gotta go with Hamrlik-Spacek seeing how well they play together.