Gomez on ‘snubbing’ of Subban

As the story goes, Canadiens Scott Gomez set up P.K. Subban for the overtime winner Monday in Montreal’s 5-4 win over Calgary, then snubbed Subban when the latter skated near in the ensuing celebration.

Today, Gomez told reporters after practice that blowing a 4-0 lead at this point in the season isn’t much a cause for celebration, and that he and his teammates had their good fun with Subban off the ice in the dressing room.

Here’s Gomez in his own words. Not that they’ll do much to soothe the conspiracy theorists out there…

1. VancouverHab says:

Hey, I agree with you about Saku: to quote Don Cherry, Saku walks on water.

But my point is that just as hockey players — looked at from outside their context on the Habs — Gomez has cred league-wide (for hockey) that Saku just doesn’t have. If P.K. ignores that huge gravity of experience, talent and Cup success then he’s proving the charge of arrogance to be true.

2. Castor says:

And then we’ll have a whole new team again and in a year’s time when the team is 3 points out of first place LIKE NOW you’ll say
    “Trade all these guys for picks! What the hell is with these guys?”

Can’t please fans that are always looking to come down on the team.

3. adam76 says:

Agree – I don’t like every person I work with, but I still get the job done.  This whole you gotta love everyone on our team is foolish.

4. zak says:

trade Gomez,Gionta, Boyd, Webber ( nothing against Webber) and switch 1st rounders to Jersey.

Plec, cammi, ak

pac, eller, trade for right winger with save money from trade

Poulliot, DD, Darche

I wish

5. VancouverHab says:

Awesome post.

6. AH says:

Great…so now we have a Hal Gill up front IE huge but no mean streak, perfect.

7. solomio says:

It’s called “The Curling Archer “© solomio 2011

8. adam76 says:

I just hope Gomez scores another goal this season.

9. _Habsoloutly_ says:

lmfao

10. zak says:

Saku has more pts than Gomez, more goals 11 to 6 .Saku was the heart of the team for a lot of years. Gomez will NEVER be the heart of our team. The truth you talk about is your truth, nobody elses.

11. fbkj says:

sweet now gionta is getting pulled into this retarded non story

12. JIMVINNY says:

That’s ridiculous.  Gomez has been part of this team barely a season and a half, and doesn’t wear the C, while Saku was a drafted and developed Hab, and had the unquestioned support of the coaching and management.  If anything, the team has more invested in P.K. than they do in Gomez.  You are way off base here.

13. zak says:

JM made a great choise for captain eh. Gomez and Gionta are joined at the hips. JM, Gomez Gionta  dumb f_’s. Thanks BG for these great signings

14. VancouverHab says:

Partly, but much much more complicated than that.

Gomez is a veteran who’s only just turned 31 and already has two Stanley Cup rings, and is a serious player on any team in the league. I loved Saku (have his name on my Habs jersey) — I mean loved — but Gomez has much more NHL cred than the winningless Saku. A harsh truth but a truth nonetheless.

P.K. is a rookie. And unless he wants suffer hubris should take Gomez & Pleks & Gionta & Moen seriously.

15. Da Hema says:

A hockey team isn’t a classroom. In the real world, there are things called status, experience, development, and respect. In the real world, unlike a classroom of children, such things matter.

16. fbkj says:

amazing how why this was even posted went over sooooo many peoples heads

17. PeterD says:

This is my hope!

18. homerbowen says:

Hopefully, this time next year we will see more of the young players and far less of many of our overpaid so called “vets”.

Gomez must go!

19. PeterD says:

I think it is time for Pierre Gauthier to intervene and talk with J. Martin and the others that seem to frown on PK’s flamboyance.  If he doesn’t step in and have a talk with the coach he is going to see the eroding of PK’s confidence and flair for the game and that my friends would be the end of P. Gauthier.  I’m referring to the comment JM made before the last game in Buffalo about PK having some learning to do to be more professional…

In the Gomez interview he implies that he and Gionta have an issue with PK as well…when he says he looked at Brian and both of them sort of smurked…if publically smurking and mocking your team mates is what they want to do, then maybe it’s time to off load their expensive contracts and move on…the habs will be fine without both of these guys…grow a pair Gomez.

It has been a very long time since we have had a player with PK’s flash and sizzle…I think maybe going back as far as Guy Lafleur…for God’s sake why would the team management want to crush this guy?

20. scrowe21 says:

Yeah 6’4 is nice..but hes not really a physical or offensive forward.

21. fbkj says:

cognitive dissonance FTW!

22. Da Hema says:

I’d be content if Gomez tongued Subban after a goal.

23. Rugger says:

That would get a longer suspension than decapitating someone with his stick.

24. Top Corner says:

…NOT thank you !! ha ha ha , thanks Ripley !!

Any more tid-bits of info u been holding out on ???

25. joeybarrie says:

YUP, you can really see how they hate PK….

26. joeybarrie says:

Wow, so you actually believe this? That says ALOT…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

27. joeybarrie says:

WHEW. For a second there I was worried. Thanks for keeping you ear to the ground and clearing that up for me. Still havent heard who your source is… Is it Cristobal Huet?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

28. filincal says:

hahahaha….actually it looks more like he’s waitng for the loafs or booins to win one.

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

29. habs365 says:

at least subban and price come to play every game and they’re not making $8,000,000 if this is for sure true..this is my message for Gomez and the other losers who don’t care for these guys. these two guys will be star players soon and gomez and you others on the team that don’t like these guys because you’re not as good..will never be a star player..star players don’t act like this toward their team mates.

30. filincal says:

Bourque and Regher or Iggy—

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

31. coachdoug says:

For some reason the annual “Maple Laff Fire and Yard Sale” is less attended each year…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

32. BJ says:

Thats also a concern I have. He seems to be a west coast guy. Hard to say. Ramo would be a good insurance policy.

33. filincal says:

I’m in my mid 30’s, and if i were hanging around a loud 23 year old it’d definately get annoying after awhile…but on the ice I’m sure all those differences are forgotten. I don’t believe everyone on the Canucks or Wings get along with eachother.

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

34. habstrinifan says:

Totally agree with this post!

35. Propwash says:

I’d crack up if Gomez dryhumps PK the next time he scores a goal.

36. habstrinifan says:

That’s a good buy! And a cone is a cone!

37. Psycho29 says:

We all know that France is a hotbed for Habs information…

38. Mark C says:

This rule is in place to prevent players from “retiring” only to come back in the middle of the season, e.g. Mats Sundin.

39. filincal says:

We should just get rid of those two trouble making punks (Subbie,Pricey). Maybe we can package them for some “real” talent…maybe those studs Komi and Dion.

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

40. Haboholic11 says:

its ok dont worry!  Its all beautiful in the locker room.

41. habs365 says:

still waiting for the Habs to win a cup

42. JIMVINNY says:

@haboholic – If what you say about Gomez and the vets not liking PK and Price is true (I’m not saying I believe it for a second), then I ask you this;  Who do you think the management team is going to keep around?  High-paid veterans, most of whom aren’t pulling their weight, or the young studs who are keeping this team afloat?  If Gomez truly does have a problem, he should probably keep his mouth shut and just play the game, or he might find himself riding the bus in Hamilton.  If it truly came down to PK vs. Gomez, there is no question in my mind who the team would choose to keep around.  This isn’t Saku vs. Ribeiro we’re talking about here.

43. joeybarrie says:

I figured it out. I knew that no one could steal a UFA and they didn’t have to go thru waivers when being signed. I did just find out that when you start the season outside the NHL you have to go thru waivers to get back in as long as you have the release from the other team.

Interesting rule we have there, considering you can simply JUMP to the KHL, but you can;t jump fromt he KHL to the NHL… Kinda one sided…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

44. filincal says:

to be fair, baseball is no where near a team sport as hockey is. Having said that this “snub” is just plain stupid…whomever caught that on video is just fishing for controversy.

P.s. I can hardly make out the half second “snub”…

As the wise William Shatner once said, “get a life, will you people”.

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

45. fbkj says:

not familiar with the process but cammy was signed in the off season

46. SmartDog says:

Price may not be in Montreal past his RFA days.  He’s going to be hugely expensive and he’s cocky enough that I don’t think there will be any hometown discount.  To have an awesome 2nd goalie means we could probably trade Price in a couple of years and get a TON in return.  To me, if Ramo is as good as he seems we need to let him prove it in the NHL.

“It bothers me…there are old coaches in the league today that don’t know how to deal with these young personalities.” – Mike Peca on JM handling of PKS

47. joeybarrie says:

I had no idea FA had to go thru waivers. That makes no sense. IDK. Why didn’t someone take Cammalleri from us then when we signed him? Why someone didn’t take Hossa. There has to be a rule about it that im am not aware of, and it probably has to do with signing in another league???

The more I think about it, the more i see your point. I didn’t realize Osgood numbers fell so quickly in the last 2 seasons. I do wonder about why he left his 24 million dollar contract in St Petersburg…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

48. Matt_in_TO says:

You would think with having been in Montreal now for 1.5 years, G-Love would know by now that mole hills are mountains and stories get made up over anything and everything.

- In Price We Trust

49. PeterD says:

“GOMEZ AND OTHERS DON’T LIKE SUBBAN”  Wow!

I think GOMEZ AND THE OTHERS need to ask for a trade cause PK and Price ain’t going anywhere…they are the future of this team NOT GOMEZ and the others.

50. A. Berke says:

???

Ali B.

51. JIMVINNY says:

Marek Svatos, you were possibly thinking of?

52. fbkj says:

well hes from france, which hystorically is wayyyyy more in touch with the underbelly of hockey as opposed to, i dunno, canada

53. PeterD says:

Really looking forward to seeing Engqvist play his center porition during the next few games…it’s been a long time since we’ve had a 6’4″ forward in the line up…if he looks good he may be around for a while even though at a reported 197 Lbs he will need to bulk up during next summer.

54. joeybarrie says:

Do you really think anyone believe’s you? First of i can tell the Gomez is the type of guy that is very popular in the locker room. I think PK and Price love him, and even if he didn’t like someone I doubt he would say anything to anyone, and show even less. I’ve seen enough interviews to know that he likes to mess around.

Who is this source?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

55. Hali_Hab says:

well am i ever glad i stopped buy for a read…. jeeze!

“After 13 years, I couldn’t accept to be number two.“ Guy Lafleur.

56. fbkj says:

oh noes not t3h divisions???!!!^!

ps: your message wasnt received so dont worry about getting shot

57. Rob D says:

Anyone remember the Oakland A’s of the 70`s? They had fistfights every other day in the lockerroom, everyone resented everyone else and they won..and won…and won.

I could care LESS about locker room harmony.Some of the worst teams in history were bosom brothers. Who gives a ….? It’s a story created by journo’s to give you that warm and fuzzy feeling… how they all just adore each other and party together etc.

They are professionals. Some of them are nice guys. Others are a-holes. It’s the job of the organization to crack the whip and make sure they play together when it matters.

All free agents signed during the season have to pass through waivers.  Stavkos (sp?) and Wellwood were signed by St. Louis only to be claimed by other teams.

Howard has a decent won-loss record but maybe doesn’t have the ability to steal games.  Osgood is on the way out and can’t go an entire series.  Nabokov is a great insurance policy.

59. joeybarrie says:

We can fit him in this season with Markov and Gorges out. We can fit him next season when we do not re-sign Hamr. But it’s doubtful they are trying to trade him.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

60. coachdoug says:

I know someone who used to coach Gomez and he (see picture on left) laughed when I asked him why they traded him to the Habs…no sh#t story…just sayin…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

61. StevieRay says:

I may look like a old scurvy drunk ………. but I have had that same beer in front of me for 1/12 years …right Ian !!

62. Haboholic11 says:

Let me rephrase.  GOMEZ AND OTHER TEAMMATES DONT LIKE SUBBAN.  I had a feeling I would get reactions like this.

Believe what you want.  But is it that hard to believe that theres division in the locker room?  Not really.

Anyways, dont shoot the messenger. :)

63. Mark C says:

Yeah, if he ain’t down with high fives and bear hugs, he can buzz off!!!1!

-Signed “The Super Fans”

64. StevieRay says:

Some interview ..ah..yah…ah…ah..young fellas …ah..ya… waste of air space that was …and I don’t beieve him when he says  he wasn’t pi**ed at PK’s celebration ..ah..ya \

Igggy for Gomez…straight up …he’s even be closer to Alaska what’s not to like !

65. BJ says:

Ramo being part of the package read on…….

66. PeterD says:

I would take the salary hit for Iginla and not re-sign Hammer…love the guy but we need to make room for more youth and speed on our blueline.

Would re-sign Markov though.

67. joeybarrie says:

You know NO ONE close to Gomez. I don’t even know YOU and I know this. What is the interest in starting a dumb rumor like this that NO ONE is believing?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

68. BJ says:

We would have all over again Price/Halak and next Price/Ramo. Is there space for two young talented possibly both #1’s?

69. PrimeTime says:

On most occassions this place is like a bunch of sour old drunks with nothing better to do with their lives than sit around every afternoon and bitch and argue about the world around them…..the know-it-all’s that know nothing but will express their opinions as absolutes. The sports media are the bartenders handed out the free drinks to keep it going. lol ……….Chill people…..this comment is intended for the other guy, not you.

70. PeterD says:

Habsoholic…could pass along a message to Gomez thru that “someone close to Gomez”…that he needs to get with the program and support his teammates…fans don’t care what he thinks they care about what he does on the ice and as his star fades into old age anad retirement, he needs to support and build up the confidence of the rising stars on his team or get the f–k out of there…oh and take his overpaying contract with him.

71. avatar_58 says:

RAMO STRAIGHT UP FOR IGGY! …mhm right

72. avatar_58 says:

I know someone close to Harper….did you know he’s actually a robot transvestite?

73. coachdoug says:

I have heard they are selling CH emblem tin foil hats at the Bell Center…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

74. VancouverHab says:

Dude: who did the hard graft and silky skills to set up P.K.’s goal for him on a plate, hmm?

I know why Gomer was pissed. Somewhere deep deep deep inside he knows that his 8 million dollar behind should produce more than a couple of goals and half dozen assists after more than half the season’s been played. So to him, PK clearly showed no respect there.

76. Cool Ice Price says:

There were also problems in the dressing room back in the 70’s but they still played great hockey.

Habs Passion unites us all

77. novahab says:

I have never seen the Fans in Montreal boo the refs like this year. The fans in Montreal are the most knowledgeable fans in the game . In the past once in a while  on a bad call . This year the fans are booing 4 or 5 times a game they know it a joke whats going on.

78. Off-side says:

Hey, who’s messin’ with the HIO ‘system’ man?!!?

79. JohnBellyful says:

Where’s my paragraph breaks, dude?

80. jOntheweb says:

The flyers were pretending that they were ready to fight a lot… pushing Sens to draw penalties for dropping gloves.. Shelley and Briere did it… and Sens announcer was upset over a “cheap shot” by Giroux

81. smiler2729 says:

Kipper has sucked on more nights than not this season… I believe he’s done in Calgary, he’ll be dealt to Toronto for five first round picks.

82. HotHabs says:

Gomez & Subban are friends & team mates.  Gomez isn’t hating on the kid.  Anyone who thinks so doesn’t know people or team dynamics.  Seriously!  The vet was upset about having to play in OT after squandering a 4 goal lead.  Who wouldn’t be upset.  It wasn’t personal.  Who knows what kind of crazy fun they had teasing PK after the game!!!

As for Subban, well he’s young, excitable, and a fine hockey player.  Congrats for scoring that one in OT.  Celebrate PK!  It’s so fun to see that kind of life and exuberance for game & team.

Subban irks lots of people cuz they are jealous of his skill, and they want him to adhere to the dinosaur code of conduct that once was accepted league-wide in the NHL.  But, more and more young guns will be breaking that code and exhibiting a spirit of joy and fun in the seasons to come.

Can’t wait for more creative goal celebrations, fist-pumps, glass banging and over-the-top displays.  It’s accepted in other sports (think soccer, football for starters) and it’s fun to watch.  The opposition simply needs to look the other way and control their anger and jealousy (unless it’s done right in their faces to humiliate).

83. scrowe21 says:

I do. Montreal drafted him and now hes putting up 20 goals for Toronto, that pisses me off. Thats 5 more goals than the Habs leading goal scorer in capt. Gio..Sergei also scored again tonight.

84. punkster says:

Well, we better decide on and establsih the reunion location right here and now because with this crowd we’ll never get an agreement.

***Subbang!!!***

85. jOntheweb says:

…and yeah the sens are just terrible

86. observer says:

they booed red storey in the 50s-60s in montreal worse than any ref nowadays. and he lived in montreal.

87. punkster says:

Site seems to be undergoing some sort of changes or upgrades…or maybe one of the opposing camps has taken it over. Now which one, that’s the question?

***Subbang!!!***

88. HotHabs says:

what’s with the block paragraph?  no breaks?

89. punkster says:

Nobody gets a break…ON HABS INSIDEOUT…muuuwwaaaahahahahaha!!!!

***Subbang!!!***

90. novahab says:

Yea but he deserved it. He may have lived in Montreal but he kiss the ass of Toronto. Do you think Toe Blake sat quietly on the bench.

91. Cool Ice Price says:

Gomez’s $7.3 mil salary don’t include overtime. LOL.

Habs Passion unites us all

92. JohnBellyful says:

I have my suspicions about who’s messing with the site but I’m waiting for the video.

93. JohnBellyful says:

Hmmm, hadn’t thought of that. I’m the Big Picture Guy. Congratulations, Punkst’, you’ve just been named the Details Person. So get to work on the reunion. I’d start by polling all the posters to get a consensus and then just book some rooms at the Super 8. Or the Original Six.

94. SmartDog says:

Breaks are like saying anything negative about Gomer Palin: forbidden.

95. fbkj says:

did it help that when you saw it on tv you had a few guys expressing what they beleived was going on? did that sway your gut reaction or was your tv on mute?

96. SmartDog says:

That’s an awesome idea!

97. habstrinifan says:

“The vet was upset about having to play in OT after squandering a 4 goal lead.  Who wouldn’t be upset.  It wasn’t personal”

You are wrong! Think about it. You just salvaged a WIN in OVERTIME… and you really believe that that would have been your reaction…. upset rather than excited. You can’t be serious!

98. HabFanSince72 says:

How good is Trevor Timmins? The Habs have drafted more current NHLers (31) than any other team.

How bad are the Habs at personnel management? Only 7 of those 31 are with the Habs now.

99. fbkj says:

thats a reach, also palin i hate that cow but ive had dion stuck to my last name for lulz at my expense so whatevs, the point is “SmartDog” (i like you man) but youve been suckered into a non frigging story and youve built up some brick and mortar around it, unecessarily…

100. fbkj says:

you see nothing wrong with blowing a 4 goal lead? you can’t be serious, dont get me wrong, i loved subbans celebration, care little about “the snub” and everything gomez said falls in line with what happened and its a complete non issue, except for bored habs fans who view hockey games like its an episode of dawsons creek

101. habstrinifan says:

Are u kidding me? Honest candor? WOW!

102. fbkj says:

no im not kidding you now why dont you zoom up and reply to my reply to your edited post!

103. JohnBellyful says:

What this site needs is more milquetoasts. Not browned-off posters.

104. drivefor25 says:

Where’s Bugs and his Camp Gainey infiltrator detectors when we really need him?

Fan since ’71

105. punkster says:

So on a more interesting subject, how did that additional “h” get in your name?

***Subbang!!!***

106. larisalapointe says:

Our team was up 4 goals only because of sucky goaltending, and the lead was blown only because of sucky goaltending. So what’s the problem? Our team won. And what else are bored fans supposed to talk about with no game on? :)

107. JohnBellyful says:

I say we notify the authorities. I’m relatively new here so someone else will have to put together a profile of Bugs. Did he have any strong opinions that might have offended people? Did he make any enemies?

108. fbkj says:

balance, i swear to god as a kid i preffered the name john or johnny and thought it looked naked without the extra “H”, so i applied it to johnathan, which to this day i still say it looks more ballanced, all 3… oh i know… http://stormtyy.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/cool_story_bro.jpg

109. fbkj says:

mafia connections of course :P

110. habstrinifan says:

I am so confident of my point that I would ask you to touch base with me again when YOU or any of your friends have played in a game and pulled it out with a final minute or overtime (high quality goal). Tell me if the paramount emotion in YOU or any of your teammates have at that moment is ‘upset’ at having blown a previous lead.

111. habstrinifan says:

I have no applicable retort to your invitation to GTFO…. unless of course you wish to meet me in one of the back alleys on the east side. I will be packing!

112. larisalapointe says:

Nah, Snubgate is way more fun.

113. fbkj says:

you obviously did NOT READ WHAT I WROTE!

read it again, formulate an applicable retort or GTFO seriously

114. kakey says:

And this will show how they are off the ice:

115. fbkj says:

eff you, purse gate pwned

116. punkster says:

Awesome. So much more interesting than the Trumped Up Controversial Snubfest (TUCS™).

***Subbang!!!***

117. Habnofear says:

There are 2 sides too 1 coin….Rubin 2011:)

118. JohnBellyful says:

If I had a penny for every time I heard that … :)

119. LA Loyalist says:

How often do you get a Mr. Softie like that?

120. larisalapointe says:

Is that last P supposed to be an O?  haha

121. fbkj says:

of course… its t3h Pwnage :)

122. LA Loyalist says:

Just don’t drop cigaret ash into an open wound, that’s all I can say. You can spill your drink, that’s fine, kills germs. And don’t stitch any skin to your scrubs. Looks bad.

123. NoTinFoilCups says:

Beware the anger of a patient man! Martin will go off like Krakatoa!

124. HotHabs says:

players get excited about pulling off an upset in OT or a comeback that takes them to an OT victory.  but, when you lose a 4 goal advance and barely scrape out a win in extra time, it’s typically not an overly positive emotional moment.  PK is an exciteable guy – no issue there – but the vet Gomer just didn’t see the win in the same light.

125. Sheldon says:

The only thing Gomez has been snubbing this season is the back of the opposing team’s net!

126. Castor says:

Biggest non story since the last one.

127. habs001 says:

lapps scored in toronto …3-2 leafs in second…27-18 shots for leafs..i am not sure if you can say it is a back to back game for the leafs lol

128. habs001 says:

looks like the goal was changed from lapps

129. Cool Ice Price says:

It wouldn’t be Montréal without a controversy of some kind now would it?

Habs Passion unites us all

130. Danno says:

Was it a wrap-around?

131. fbkj says:

if it was lapierre, more like a reach around

132. avatar_58 says:

Ducks beating themselves. Tons of mistakes, bad passing etc.

133. BrianSkrudland says:

Time for overdue Saku talk, folks. Can we get something going about the long-awaited return of everyone’s (most recent) favourite Hab…Saku?!

I am fully prepared to shed a couple of tears on Saturday. Booze-induced tears or not, he’s the one of the few hockey players that I have ever considered truly inspiring.

134. Off-side says:

Not so fast Mr. Stubbs.  Conspiracy theory, my butt.  I think a lot of us saw what we saw — there’s no denying it.  Play it back for yourself and see.   If that was not snubbery, I don’t know what is.  And for you to create an audio of Gomez denying it afterwards…duh, how stupid do you think we are?

Would not be surprised if there are any riffs in the room, but who cares?  Every room has a riff.  It’s good for the competition between players of the same team.

135. petrov14 says:

TSN on The Return of the Captain. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=350280

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

136. notbigbird says:

Psst … he thinks some of us are REALLY stupid.

137. LA Loyalist says:

that was pretty funny. watch out for the mods.

138. smiler2729 says:

Rift. A riff is what Keith Richards grooves on… or Jimmy Page… or Pete Townshend… or Ronnie Wood… or Joe Perry… or John Fogerty… etc…

139. fbkj says:

yes so fast mr. stubbs, the conspiracy theory isnt if a snub occured, its WHY the snub occured, rifts happen, but to encourage them is insane…

140. smiler2729 says:

True dat. True grit.

141. jOntheweb says:

No conspiracy theorists here..

It was obvious on the video of the goal… Gomez got upset because PK went and did is arrow-throwing-one-knee like a cupidon sending his arrows of love to the crowd as they chant their new-born hero

…rather than immediately going up to kiss Gomez and grab is butt, and say oohh thank you, thank you, thank you… for making a fabulous pass that funny enough was his only point in 5 games..

After Subban made his move, it was obvious he was out to find Gomez on the ice… but Eller facewashed him away from his target

142. fbkj says:

shhhh dont direct their attention ;)

143. Off-side says:

yes, thank you.

144. mrhabby says:

all i can say is who cares…just win hockey games and have a great year….geesh crap.

145. novahab says:

I think to much is made out of this so called Gomez snubb because if you listen to any of his interviews he has a off sense of humor. His in between period interviews on the CBC he always has a dry humor smart ass comment. This is just him and PK knows it there was no snubb. The real problem is the english Toronto loving media and the fact PK is in Montreal .

146. deuce6 says:

The rest of it:

“I was upset with the fact that we gave up a four-goal lead at this time of the season when we need the points,” he said. “There’s no issue (with Subban).

“He scored a great overtime goal. We were laughing about the celebration choice. He’s a teammate, a friend. He’s a kid we look out for. Everyone’s been talking about it, my neighbours and everything. He’s a good kid. We were teasing him about the celebration but hey, you score an overtime goal. …”

—————— Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

147. Castor says:

148. Off-side says:

You’re right.  This thing would have probably blown over if we didn’t shine a the light on it (metaphore for recording a lame explanation from Gomez).  Now this will go on for days!!!!

149. Off-side says:

150. Castor says:

I’ll tell you exactly what I saw. It’s exactly what I felt. When PK scored the first thing I thought was “finally. Stupid Habs let four goals in”. I had no exuberance at all when the goal was scored. I barely even noticed PK’s celebration until people started pointing it out. That’s EXACTLY what I saw going through Gomez’ head when I watch the footage. He simply is ticked that they even had to go to overtime. Like I was.Now tell me. If I’m SURE I saw that reaction from Gomez and I’m in no way a mind reader, what does that mean for everybody else who isn’t Scott Gomez?What the hell am I even typing all of this for. We just BEG for something to talk about when there is no Habs hockey.

151. habs001 says:

grabovski 20 goals now,,,5-2 …sabres leasing bruins 3-2…flyers 5-2 over ottawa…carolina 3-0 over rangers..

152. observer says:

leafs were very unlucky last night. back to normal tonight beating habs next opponent at home. ottawa having a tough game tonight must play habs tomorrow maybe tired?

153. punkster says:

Come on now MH, you’ve been around this place long enough to know the score. You HAVE to take sides. You Have to get involved. You HAVE to put your ass on the line and make a bold statement. Fess up now, you really want to wade in and shout someone down. Do it MH….DO IT!!!

***Subbang!!!***

154. king ddd says:

our former captain is coming back. i wish we can sign him for year the year he decides to play his last hockey seaon. i want to see hang em up as a hab.

OH! and for this weekend. go PACKERS!!!!

155. Off-side says:

Everyone else on the ice from the Habs team was excited.  Everyone, but Gomez.  It just very well could be that you are right.  We cannot mind-read here.  But for me anyway, my first reaction upon seeing this was snubbery.  It was more from PK’s reaction actually.  He went to him, Gomez skated away, PK’s body kinda collapsed (so to speak in an exaggerated way, he seemed deflated).  I let this go, and didn’t dwell on it, but after reading it here tonight and hearing all the others who say the same, that they saw something, well, it could just really be that there is something.  What bothers me the most is having Gomez explain that there was nothing.  If it’s nothing, you don’t need to explain and buy into it…unless of course there is something.

Let’s just move on to tomorrow night!

156. Matt_in_TO says:

I just watched the “snub” a bunch of times.  I think Gomez was just ticked off about how the game went and just wanted to get off the ice.  Give PK credit though, as soon as he got to the scrum it looks like he went looking for Gomez right a way.  The only ones that were really happy and congratulating PK were the young guys.

- In Price We Trust

157. larisalapointe says:

So if this were Gio and Weber instead of Gomez/PK, would we even care?   NO

21 year old kid saves team and backup goalie loads of embarrassment by scoring OT winner.  I have a 21 year old and she would be doing backflips, just normal kid behaviour. Maybe if some of our veterans could remember that feeling of playing hockey just for the joy of it, they would be much happier people and even play better.

Besides the only reason our team was up 4 goals is because Kipper happened to suck that night.

158. The Teacher says:

SAKU-SAKU-SAKU-SAKU-SAKU

159. wd40 says:

frankly who gives a crap how many goals Grabovski has.

160. Cool Ice Price says:

From what the Refs have been doing to the Habs this season maybe Martin will pull this:

161. JohnBellyful says:

It’s time to pull a Bob Gainey and blow this site up. That’s right. Split Habs Inside/Out into two. The slash has been there all along pointing to the obvious: This Habs fan community is divided, so make it official and have each side go its own separate way. Either you’re In or You’re Out. Either you’re In love with the team or Out of sorts with the club. A pessimist or an optimist. A Gomez or a PK.

I know, I know, all you have to do is scroll past the posters whose opinion you don’t share but, geez, there’s so many voicing their opinion these days, you still have to slog through five pages of comment. And that’s just for one thread. It’s really hurting productivity at workplaces across Canada. I was almost late for a surgery the other day but the patient was already under, so no harm, no foul.

Bifurcation would be easy enough to implement. Hab fans would go to the main page and then click on their preference. The icons, of course, would be glass half-full, glass half-empty. Trust me, posters will know which one is which.

Needless to say, posters from each camp would make sorties now and then over to the other side. Merely to observe, for the purpose of reporting back what was written and share a chuckle with friends at the absurdity of those who have their lost their way.

And when the Habs win the cup we’ll hold a big reunion.

162. fbkj says:

he explained it with such honest candor i find it crazy that you would take exception to that… what DOESNT it take???

163. CharlieHodgeFan says:

The Sens don’t seem able to skate, shoot, score or defend, but several of them are able to punch Flyers.

164. RiverviewCanadien says:

The room is divided…trade Subban and Gomez for picks.

Anyhoo, anyone else watching the PHI/OTT Thursday night fights?

165. Off-side says:

Like I said, I could very well be completely wrong.  It’s just my gut reaction from what I saw on tv.

166. Lazarus_taxa says:

How do you know he was cracking jokes?  Did you hear him, or are you just making s**t up?  The fact that a hockey player partakes in the HUMAN activity of socialization somehow bothers you?  What does that make you?  How can anyone respect or believe what you say if that is your outlook?  What’s next,  “aaahhh maaayyy Gaaaawd, Gomez was, like, BREATHING taday,  Can yaaa baaaliive that??!!” (finger snap)…..

sigh…. HIO make-believe…..

167. RGM says:

The nerve!

168. olematelot says:

What the f. Any normal human being is going to feel pretty good when his team is up 4-0 and hence he might crack a smile and maybe converse with the person next to him. You gotta lighten up man

169. VancouverHab says:

A happy human being that his team is up 4-0? Shoot him now.

But seriously, I remember that shot, and I remember it was a duo shot of Gomez & a teammate, and there was something concrete causing the laughter — did the teammate just miss a shot or something? (I remember because I recall it showing Gomez being a supportive teammate. Do you remember what immediately preceded the camera shot?

170. HabFanSince72 says:

You know what bothered me during the Flames game?

When it was 4-0 the camera panned to Gomez on the bench, and he was just leaning on the boards cracking jokes. He looked like he was shooting the breeze after a light practice.

171. andrewberkshire says:

Well, it was 4-0 half way through the game and Calgary up to that point looked like dogsh**.

172. _Habsoloutly_ says:

meh, you should hear the phrasing I get out of my strat.

173. fbkj says:

nice one… HEY WAIT A MINUTE you can share links but we cant… i can haz admin plz?

174. bwoar says:

Wicked, good call!

175. Dave Stubbs says:

Working on a few admin issues. Sorry about linkage situation, but it’s necessary for now.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

176. fbkj says:

just buggin, no worries

177. Danno says:

No snubbs for Mr. Stubbs, please…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

178. fbkj says:

stubbs was snubbed by stubbhub!

179. Danno says:

And it caused quite a hubbub!

180. Bill H says:

Now that you mention it, I met a guy at a Star Trek convention in New Jersey a few years ago.  He was dressed in full Klingon regalia and he bore a striking resemblance to one David Stubbs.  When I joined HIO and saw Dave’s photo, I shook my head and thought, “Naw, couldn’t be.”

Who’d ‘ave thunk…Stubbs, a Trekkie.  How much does all that Klingon gear weigh, anyway Dave?  ;-)

(I always go as a Fergengi.  Those ears are so cool.)

181. Natrous says:

As Stubbs would say, “A COMPLETE NON STORY”… except now he’s writing about it.

182. Natrous says:

As was Markov’s tearing Price a new bunghole (my original reference), but I digress.

183. SuperYogurt says:

Hear, hear.

184. Julie H says:

I’m probably going to have pucks thrown at me for saying this, but I have to agree with Gomez. After giving up a four goal lead and having to win in OT, not really a goal worth going absolutely bonkers over. I wouldn’t want to be remembered for celebrating like that and PK acknowleged it right afterward. He said the celebration will most probably overshadow the goal (which it has).

♪Your cares and troubles are gone. There’ll be no more from now on. From now on happy days are here again, the skies above are so clear again. So let’s sing a song of cheer again. Happy times, happy nights, happy days are here again♪

185. Julie H says:

Love your display pic and your signature. I don’t what the solution is though. PK gets flack from people if he’s too loud, and if he’s quiet and just plays the game. He’s in trouble when he’s good and when he doesn’t play well. In general, this season, not a lot of love for him from the NHL but luckily that’s not something he should be worrying about when he’s got a zillion Montreal Canadiens fans behind him. I don’t think it’s a color issue either. I think it’s an age issue. All the young up and coming players get excited when they score. The ves are happy for themselves when they score but not overly extatic.

186. Bred says:

Hey Gang,

I know that he may not have been the greatest player to ever wear the CH, but my generation (the 18-24 loud mouthed iphone carrying youngins) will forever remember Saku as being the best player on the Canadiens.  So I feel the need to pass this on to you guys on the boards:

Saturday night, when it comes time to vote for the Three Stars of the game, whether you’re at home or at the Bell Centre on your aformentioned Iphone, vote for Koivu as the game’s first star.  Three fans started a page on facebook for it.

I want a paragraph break!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        What do I need to do to get a paragraph break in this place???????                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

188. Duracell3 says:

As I’m sure those of an older generation have in their heads someone they think of, anytime I hear captain I only think of him.

189. habs 17 says:

subban is the future of this team period

190. Everlasting1 says:

Gomer’s response to the snub is gibberish, but it’s probably nothing more than a personality conflict which is common and understandable. It’d be unprofessional to divulge personal matters re teamates to the media.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

191. Everlasting1 says:

” You don’t see things as they are, but as you are.” – Intoxicated.

192. Dave Stubbs says:

Except it was a total preoccupation of fans for a couple of days and this was the first Gomez was asked about it.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

193. Cool Ice Price says:

Don’t forget Price

Habs Passion unites us all

194. bwoar says:

There’s no issue whatsoever in the locker room with Gomez, PK Subban, Andrei Kostitsyn or anyone else.  One thing I like about Gomez is, you can pretty much take him at his word.  Even when kidding around, the truth just kinda comes out of him.

All of the drama around this team is media- and fan-invented.  When you look at the saturation of coverage, you can only conclude that yeah, sometimes people have to invent stuff to sell papers, get “scoops” and generally keep their prime beat of covering the Habs.

Very happy that the Gazette writers don’t do this, of course they don’t have to nearly as much as some people on RDS.  I feel for a few of the better reporters there when stuff like this gets made up by the chumps on the post-game.

195. ZepFan2 says:

Yeah, but what about T.J. Oshie, Halak and the amazin’ blues, demi-knob?

196. wall2bay says:

There have been more extravagant celebrations in the NHL than what PK did last night (Mike Foligno, Tiger Williams, Ovechiken, etc).

The elephant in the room is that PK is black and unlike 99% of the players in the NHL.  He comes from a different culture, not your typical queit white boy from rural Canada and he displays that on the ice at times.  And some media/fans/players (not saying Gomez) have a hard time accepting that this changes the old face of the NHL.

Had he done this in the NFL, NBA or even MLB, it would be a non-topic.

“I kind of feel sorry for players who never got a chance to be a Montreal Canadien” – Cammalleri

Yes. Yes. It was a planned desolation.

198. matraque says:

I saw another footage of the celebration this morning… You see PK Scoring the goal, he then skates by Gomez (who looks like he’s ready for an high 5) and PK just pass by preparing his hugely pumped celebration (which is cool by the way).

They showed that one on RIS info sport today while discussion the Gomez ‘snubbing’

——

Canadien en 5! Never go Full Retard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwGRJA28lY&feature=related

199. GoalieT says:

Without having the time to read all the posts below to find out if this has been said already, I’d like to point out that I just finished watching the highlights of the Buffalo/Boston game and had a devilish smile on my face. Mike Weber, the moron who cheap-shotted Cammie to separate his shoulder, got smoked with a slapshot behind his knee (which is typical for a coward to turn away). Then, he gets beaned in the shoulder with another point shot WHILE he’s laying on the ice from the first injury!
    Then that dufus Kaleta, who is responsible for being the idiot for taking out Halpern, got pounded with a shot off the wrist!

All I gotta say is, it was nice to see. You gotta love it!

Ultimate Die-Hard Since 1986.

T.

200. habstrinifan says:

In this case “gibberish” is a euphemism for outrageous lie and back-pedalling on, as Pierre McGuire puts it, unforgivable public attitude for your teammate.

201. habs 17 says:

gomez is a gomer and should be shipped out , but we need his skating the puck up the ice nobody else can do this but for 8 million dollars  come on give us a break  he was laughing on the bench when habs were up 4-0  and the next powerplay he didnt do nothing . he dont care and then take that stupid penalty against buffalo in overtime or just before  the end of the period. thats being selfish and you cant be that way unless your the 8 million dollar loser that he is

202. novahab says:

I ‘ll tell you what the Bell Centre needs a chant and it goes like this. MARTIN HAS TO GO WE WANT ROY ,MARTIN HAS TO GO WE WANT ROY. Time for the fans that play those hugh ticket prices to have someone behind the bench to make sure the refs don’t screw them over.

203. smiler2729 says:

Yawn….

204. fbkj says:

as a season ticket holder im so not going to do this

205. Hobie Hansen says:

Pat Roy would be worse than Mario Tremblay himself!

206. notbigbird says:

Super rhyming.

207. JohnBellyful says:

There’s a problem

208. JohnBellyful says:

with the system

209. DearyLeary says:

Boston loses, Atlanta loses, Pittsburgh loses (to NJ at that!), the Rangers lose, everything’s coming up Millhouse tonight!

210. LA Loyalist says:

Didn’t see highlights of NJ / Pitts but Lemaire is getting them going. Hope it’s not going to be a problem for us later in season.

211. DearyLeary says:

I’m inclined to agree.

212. Hobie Hansen says:

Montreal is not a place for a rookie coach, no matter who you were as a player. Plus Marin is solid.

213. HabFanSince72 says:

Tremblay had no coaching experience at any level when he was hired.

Roy has been very successful as coach and GM of the Remparts, for 5 years now. His record is 250-135, and the Remparts are also financially very succesful. They are in first place again this year.

In other words he has proven himself as coach, GM, and owner, over a 5 year period. That’s a whole different set of intellectual resources than Le Bleuet brought to the table.

214. fbkj says:

why was this a double post?

215. fbkj says:

not to detract about anything you wrote but um, did you have to add financially successfull in there, like thats something hed bring to the habs o_0

216. JohnBellyful says:

It happens every Two-for-One Thursday.

217. punkster says:

Click 5 times and you get free wings.

***Subbang!!!***

I almost splattered my herbal tea all over my monitor.

219. kempie says:

How about the tandem Roy with Tremblay as his assistant? What could go wrong?

220. fbkj says:

you are not allowed to bring up actual story’s here, were focusing on the non (ps: +1)

221. JohnBellyful says:

And Houle as manager.

222. sholi2000.com says:

LOL

Best Day Ever!

They Call Me Shane

223. JD_ says:

Don’t read the replies? Like tryin’ to swim through marbles. All I really remember from the last Summit is some dude from out west findin’ out there was no Coors Light on tap, then askin’ the barmaid for a really big glass and two bottles.

224. HabFanSince72 says:

A real fight night in Ottawa. I hope some Flyers were hurt,

225. deggy24 says:

It was easy to see Grabovski had talent. He wanted out and got out. Who did we get for him?

Gomez would have been plenty happy in the victory. Soap Opera fluff for the masses.

Koivu was one of the top five players in the world when he came to the NHL. Too bad he came at the wrong time for a small man to play. Heart of a lion.

226. christophor says:

For everyone falling head over heels for this “we don’t hold on to our assets” nonsense, you need to realize that not everyone can flourish together on one team.

You can only have so many top-6 forwards, bottom-6 grinders, top-4 D, etc. and if you draft relatively well, you have to choose between this guy or that guy for each category of position.  It’s not like you can go take the 18 best former and current Canadiens, put them all in the Bell Centre, and expect them to be putting up the same numbers they are now.

It boils down to a bunch of decisions between this horse over that horse, not this stable over that one. Sheesh, if the Habs held on to everyone who are now doing well elsewhere, and they maintained their current production, the Habs would be putting up 400+ goals a year.

You can only have so many captains per ship, conductors per orchestra, plumbers per toilet, etc.

G’day

227. christophor says:

It seems the mighty paragraph has been banned.

Edit: And according to HabsFanSince72, the Habs draft too well to hang on to everyone anyways, and it’s not like players can always do well BEFORE they’re traded, since they might not be able to excel until they get the chance in a position already taken on the Habs. Of course, mistakes are made by coaching and management as well.

228. habs001 says:

ottawa gets blown out today yet i have a feeling will be in a 2-1 game fri…leafs played last night yet blow out anaheim today but we will be life and death sat vs the ducks…this is why it is difficult to play auld vs any team as it makes no difference who we play we are in a tie or one goal games in the third  most of the time…the flyers are scoring 5-6 goals regularly lately…. gausted for the sabres received a cross checking penalty today vs the bruins that makes the cross checking penalties missed by the refs when we played the sabres look like murder…we have had 161 power play opportunities which is 25th in the nhl…times short handed 191= 2nd most…if we changed line ups with the flyers we would be on pace for nhl record for most times short…the disparity of these two stats just does not seem logical

229. notbigbird says:

Sabres thump Bruins and have won 5/7. Yet they looked very mediocre against the Habs on a bad night. Maybe the Habs are better than many Observers think.

230. HNS says:

A healthy Habs team could kick ass against any team in this league if they show for 60 min and don’t get caught with their heads up their arse by taking stupid penalties…

231. Clay4bc says:

Well played with the subtle jab at Observer there

__________________________

The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

232. JohnBellyful says:

They’re trying to create cap space.

233. SmartDog says:

5 QUESTIONS ABOUT PK SUBBAN AND SCOTT GOMEZ

1. If Gomez scored an important goal, and PK turned away from his offered celebration, would Gomez be pissed?

2. If it turns out PK and Gomez hate each other and one has to go, who would you rather lose?

3. Who will finish with more points – PK or Gomez?

4. If someone offered you a very good and very tough depth NHL forward for PK Subban, would you take the trade?  How about if it was Gomez?

5. Take the pair of PK Subban and Scott Gomez. Now take a Ferrari and a really nice Vespa. Match the hockey player with the vehicle he is more ilke.

SD

—-

234. fbkj says:

6: If you like perpetuating horsesh[t, answer any of the previous 5

235. VancouverHab says:

C’mon — you’re the smart dog: are you seriously saying that a rookie snubbing a multiple-Stanley Cup-winning veteran is the same as a veteran teaching a rookie the ropes?

This P.K. stuff just has people right off their equilibrium: it’s Hollywood-starlet-love stuff….

236. drivefor25 says:

Keep stirring the poop pot, Smart, Dog, keep stirring.

Fan since ’71

237. LA Loyalist says:

That was hilarious.

The irony is that I think PK drives like a Nissan or something.

238. Habsrule1 says:

Not much on this site I’m more tired of than your bitching about Gomez. The guy has had a very good career regardless of what you think about it. It’s also NOT a coincidence that the Habs attracted 0 above-average UFA’s until Gomez was part of the team.

Keep your hate coming….just makes you look like the dumb dog more & more.

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

239. habstrinifan says:

I say, FIRST OF ALL, I thought Subban’s celebration went on too long. I had no issues with the immediate reaction but then he overdid it. But that DOES NOT excuse the CRAP coming from people like GOMEZ and JM in his interview before the Buffalo game.

As for JM, I can add no more than what the RDS guy said on team990 this morning. If the coach “spent any mental energy” to talk to Subban re this particular ‘act’.. then it was stooopid. Okay if the players had their say to the rookie but for the coach to make this such a big deal that HE HAD to have a sit down chat with Subban shows how much of a poor handler of personnel JM is.

As fo Gomez’s lame, stoooopid, ultra deceitful remark that and I paraphrase, “I was in no mood to celebrate after blowing a 4 goal lead”.  What a bunch of crap!  That win may prove to be a huge part of any ‘season momentum’. If the team had lost that game it would have been devastating. And no one who has played ANY KIND OF SPORT can honestly say that at a time like that the overwhelming excitement of pulling out the win does not trump the ‘thought’ that they blew a big lead. You may go “phew” at the end of the game like that with a goal like that but you dont go “darn it”.

That is what Gomez is. Smiling on the outside but insecure on the inside. His remark and that of Gionta re the Price/Markov incident adds to the uneasiness about their leadership qualities. Criticise P.K. for his over exuberance but dont spout the malarkey that Gomez did.

What a waste of $7 mill.

240. Sportfan says:

I think that the media should stop blowing dumb stuff out of proportion it seems to cause a bunch of crap within the locker and mess with the players i think the habs should have the right to ban certain media people if they are stiring up to much crap and have them banned cause this is getting really stupid now

241. Everlasting1 says:

I just bit into a hot slice of pizza and burned the roof of my mouth. Now there’s a loose piece of skin hanging.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

242. SmartDog says:

TMI

—–

243. LA Loyalist says:

All Dress?

I really miss that expression.

Hope you have cold beer.

Watch out for those Calzone (?) the folded ones, they’re even more dangerous.

244. zak says:

SHAME ON THE HABS FOR LETTING GOMEZ WEAR # 11

I am sure Kirk Muller doesn’t mind, eh NEWFIE DOG/HABS IN THE BLOOD.

246. smiler2729 says:

Get over it, it’s only a number… and 11 is a better hockey number than 91 so it’s a good thing.

247. BeachHabFan says:

haven’t any of you ever read The Game? (It’s a book – for you younger types, that’s like a product manual for your xbox, only bigger and with a story in it – about the habs, written by Ken Dryden). If you did you may remember how much everyone hated Houle and Lemaire, and how they loathed each other. And Tremblay drove everyone crazy too. But best of all – that team won 4 freakin cups in a row.

if they no likey, they no likey – they’re pros and will get on with it. Besides, i have to agree with Gomer – he felt you can’t celebrate too much after giving up a 4 goal lead – andat least he didn’t say “PK shouldn’t have freaked out”. even pk was a little embarrassed by it. it’s a HUGE NON STORY.

Now if PK had skated in front of the other bench and taunted them, that’s another story altogether… maybe Friday?

248. The Cat says:

Thats true. The first Detroit Cup with yzerman had apparently a lot of rifts in that club.

249. LA Loyalist says:

Thanks! I will order “The Game” have not read it in a long time. Also I would recommend “Robinson for the Defense” if you can find it used. I got it on Amazon (U.S.) and had previously read it. Robinson is funny and tells some great stories.

My point is that it wasn’t PK who blew the lead, so why the hell is Gomez bagging on him? I’m not a demonstrative person myself that way at all, but when we get a special sizzler like PK — who can actually back it up — why the heck not?

We’ve had a lot of heartbreak, let’s enjoy him as G*d made him.

250. Da Hema says:

And the Mahovlich brothers never made it a secret how they felt about their French-Canadian teammates….

251. crabvader says:

- Looking forward to seeing White bring some energy to our bruised and battered Habs.

- Pacioretty is displaying the kind of courage this team requires right now. Hopefully, it won’t come back to bite us in the butt through bad play.

- Hoping the Swede is goind to be a little better than Sundstrom.

- Respect for Tanguay on his comments about Subban’s celebration… Alex, you’re still a wimp, though.

252. Say Ash says:

OK, back from work. What’d I miss today on General Habs-pital?

253. ZepFan2 says:

Sonny (Gomez) wasn’t a happy camper with Spinelli (PK). They made up in the end.

254. Danno says:

The Snubbed and the Restless

255. SmartDog says:

What I WILL say in response to your quwtion is teammates don’t pull that kind of sh$t on each other.  Teams don’t win when guys treat each other like crap.  I don’t care what a bigshot Gomez is in anyone’s eyes – especially his own.  PK will have twice the career Gomez has had, regardless of whether he ever wins a cup.  (And TEAMS win cups, not players.)

256. fbkj says:

have you ever had your balls busted before? thats all that happened

257. twocents says:

Be more emphatic. It makes you sound smarter.

258. fbkj says:

… i just googled and now i seriously want to intervene with your afternoons you poor bastard

259. smiler2729 says:

…and then they went to the Colonade Room to meet Victor and Nikki

260. ZepFan2 says:

I watch in honour of my Grannie. You just insulted my dead grandmother. Congrats! ;)

261. fbkj says:

not fair… not a fair retort at all

262. ZepFan2 says:

I have no idea who those people are, I swear!

263. ZepFan2 says:

TAKE THE PAIN!!!!

264. fbkj says:

id retort with a witty link but links suck today

265. ZepFan2 says:

Watched Inception today. I was waiting for him to say the line.

266. fbkj says:

great idea, over executed.; my review of inception

267. ZepFan2 says:

I’m still processing it. Give me a day or two. As of now, I really enjoyed it.

268. fbkj says:

again, i liked it, but… um… anyways overexecuted

when the dust settles, lemme know

269. fbkj says:

what weve learned today.; everlasting made us all gag, zepfan2 is a woman and the cat is a cheap bastard

270. ZepFan2 says:

…and fbkj has sticky pants.

271. JD_ says:

Sigh. This place.

I just knew I’d eventually miss Price v. Halak.

Sometimes feel like I’m at a Star Trek convention and a bunch of guys are standin’ around arguin’ whether or not the Klingon vessel in Episode 13: Spock Boinks Uhura was actually sportin’ an exoplasm regenerator underneath the illudium PU-36 explosive space modulator or, in fact, it was just Gene Roddenberry’s lunchbox that accidentally got caught in the shot.

272. fbkj says:

it was tribbles ya n00b

273. sholi2000.com says:

When things go bad around here I just think about the 2010 Summit.  The best hockey experience I’ve ever had outside of the family.

Oh and just don’t read the replys :)

They Call Me Shane

274. twocents says:

You just mixed your reference to Star Trek with an allusion to the martian dude from Bugs Bunny.

Nicely done!

275. ZepFan2 says:

So that’s what that was…I mean, what?

276. smiler2729 says:

Who was hotter, Yeoman Rand or Bones’ babe from the Shore Leave episode? Who’s Halak?

277. Hagar says:

The White Album was decent too. It depends on a lot of things. It can be destructive sometimes & sometimes it isn’t. To say divisions never matter though is probably false.

278. fbkj says:

pffff like thats news

279. fbkj says:

HIS NAME WAS MARVIN NOT THE MARTIAN DUDE!!!

280. JD_ says:

Thanks, $0.02. I was gonna toss in an obscure reference to the sexual tension between Martin Landau and Barbara Bain on Space 1999 but thought I might be pushin’ it.

281. twocents says:

Right, but at least I caught the allusion.

282. ZepFan2 says:

Actually, it was Marvin the martian.

283. fbkj says:

and i didnt, which is why it pains me that youd connect those dots then mail in the money shot

284. Danno says:

From the classic Duck Dodgers in the 24th and a Half Century.

285. fbkj says:

“the martian” was already on the table, i take back nothing sir

286. twocents says:

A link to a photo of Erin Grey from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century might have been nice.

287. ZepFan2 says:

Meh, as if I care. I was just passing by anyway.

288. twocents says:

I think you misidentify, look up… look way up.

289. shiram says:

Hopefully this can be laid to rest now… and we can focus on some hockey…

Bah next game is tomorow and i cant see it live… canadiens express just isnt the same thing.

290. Say Ash says:

As the World Pearns

291. Danno says:

Auld my Children

292. DearyLeary says:

Again, all the rumours of there being discord in the room feel overblown.  There are an awful lot of smiles on our bench, and some big personalities.  Sometimes it’ll spill over, but I find most rumours have simply been manufactured for the benefit of someone’s daily column.

293. Dave Stubbs says:

Best Star Trek music of all time: Trombone solo in Amok Time, after Spock realizes that he’s “killed” Kirk. I believe Lloyd Ulyate was the soloist, but he’s uncredited. The phrasing is incredible.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

294. Danno says:

Let’s see now. We’ve had the William Tell celebration. The Snub. The Samurai pose.The Chill Out remark.The Triple Low Five issue, among others.

Tune in next week for another episode of As the Habs Turn.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

295. ZepFan2 says:

I’m naming it, “The Subban Hood™”

296. bwoar says:

Another RDS-fueled trip into insanity.  People need to tune out once the game ends.

297. zak says:

The 7.5 milion dollar man has 6 more pts than P.K.

298. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Never a dull moment in Habsville.

299. JD_ says:

Sofia Vergara.

300. punkster says:

Oh crap, get over it JD. She’s not calling you back. And the cease and desist order is still valid.

***Subbang!!!***

301. smiler2729 says:

I googled her… hubba hubba

302. JD_ says:

C’mon Punks, she adores me. Problem is she just doesn’t know it yet.

303. habs001 says:

to be taken as serious contenders we have to start winning on the road..as mentioned earlier of the top 18 teams only anaheim and the habs are under 500 on the road..a win in ottawa  friday would be a good start and ottawa is on the road playing the flyers today

304. Bill H says:

Anaheim – losers on the road.  Thanks for sharing.  This could bode well for Saturday night.