Gomez did not practice

Jacques Martin did not do a media briefing.

And since he’s the only one allowed to offer updates on injured players, no one knows what ails Scott Gomez or how long he might be out of the lineup.

As was the case during the second period of the game against Ottawa, Jeff Halpern centres Mike Cammalleri and Travis Moen at this morning’s practice.

The Tomas Plekanec and Lars Eller lines remianed intact, with Dustin Boyd joining Maxim Lapierre and Tom Pyatt.

The Canadiens fly to Windsor at noon on Thursday, then bus to Detroit.

AUDIO: Brian Gionta | Jeff Halpern

1. JD_ says:

Local Montreal news covered the Habs’ annual visit to the Ste-Justine and Montreal Children’s hospitals today. Great seein’ the kids so utterly happy to see the team.

Unconfirmed reports have PK Subban relegated to the waitin’ room to sit out the visits.

2. DearyLeary says:

The more the Leafs win the worse draft pick the Bruins get.  I hate the Bruins more than the Leafs, and the added bonus is that we’re chasing Pittsburgh in the standings (wow, who would have thought we were able to say that 1/3rd of the way into the season at the start of the year).  So yeah, go Luffs go.

3. Danno says:

Cheap is how I feel…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

4. HabsFansince49 says:

But last night during the TSN broadcast, Mr Pierre did say that the Halak-Eller trade was grand larceny. Clearly he doesn’t have much time for Eller.

I don’t pretend to be an expert; just a die-hard Habs fan passing my opinion

5. andrewberkshire says:

Bugs, there are hundreds of people talking about it on twitter, you’re not the only one who heard it right. What he said was that he was worried Eller wouldn’t even be good enough to be a top 9 player in the NHL. It was clear and succinct. No room for interpretation.

6. Bugs says:

Why not? It’s part of his season total and SHOULD be accounted for. It’s his CONTRIBUTION to the TEAM output. Ex: Gio got 28 goals last year. Boom. End-all-be-all. 1 game, 3 games, 200 games = 28 goals, that’s it, that’s all.

Far as I’m concerned, Gomie injuring himself was a BAD MOVE. Shouldna gotten hurt. Will affect his output and hinder his chances of salvaging his as-of-yet unsteady contribution to collective.

But tell you what, I’m prepared to add Boyd’s contribution to Gomie’s stat sheet since I reckon he’ll be producing at the same pace.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

7. Propwash says:

It feels dirty, but I want the leafs to win some more.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

8. Propwash says:

Ever notice when he stands up with a co-host, he almost looks like he’s trying to dryhump?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

9. Danno says:

Friends, would it be wrong to cheer for the Leafs just for tonight as they play the Penguins?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

10. Bugs says:

You misheard or he mispoke. I heard. It was quite clear. Top 6 he mighn’t be, not top 9.

Berkie, c’mon.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

11. LA Loyalist says:

As boring as I am ranting against Gomez, even I will not hold him to a points standard if he’s really injured.

“The Intangibles” — coming to a theatre near you this Christmas

12. Bugs says:

First he doesn’t play, now he doesn’t practice…what the hell?!

What next, he ain’t even gonna come in in the mornin?

This is BULLspit, man.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

13. andrewberkshire says:

He really is. And I think he’s had the same glasses since 1992.

14. andrewberkshire says:

He said, “he might not be top six, and he might not even by top NINE”. He said it Bugs.

15. Hagar says:

I am disappointed. It would’ve made for a cool story.

16. andrewberkshire says:

Exactly my thoughts on the matter. I have a feeling that in a couple years this trade will either look very even if Halak plays very well, or a steal for us.

17. Bugs says:

He said “might not be top SIX material at the moment since his ‘pure hockey decision-making abilities’ are somewhat lacking”, Berkie.

Take it easy.

Tragically misunderstood, please bite

18. andrewberkshire says:

“good shift” LOL!

19. terrygain says:

Eller has impressed me since I saw his highlight video this summer. He is extremely fast and has good hands and instincts. He fights hard for the puck. I’d like to see him add 10 pounds but I’ve no doubt he will  be our regular second line centre much  earlier than expected.

Did anyone notice how those Maple Leaf fans are such sheep? They support management no matter what. It’s no wonder they haven’t won in 43 years.

20. andrewberkshire says:

He actually claimed the other day on OTR that HE coached the Penguins against Montreal in 1992 in a game. Delusions of grandeur.

21. DearyLeary says:

I think the most adept comparison we can make right now is Plekanec at the age of 21.  Pleks played 2 games, and had lower AHL numbers at the time. Now, if you can’t look at Eller’s game right now, and project him in a few years to be a second line center (potentially bordering on 1st) Pierre must not be watching the same games we are.  He’s fast, has good vision, he’s strong on the puck, has a decent shot, is physical along the boards/corners… etc.

He’s 21 years old and Pierre wants to write him off.

He wants to know why the Canadiens didn’t ‘test the waters’ in an incredibly deep goaltender free agency period.  You know why he pulled the trigger quickly?  What if the Blues picked up Niemi, a Stanley Cup winning goaltender who’s team just walked away from an arbitration contract?  They went out to fill an organizational need, namely a big skilled centerman, and a mean ornery SOB on the wing.  I dare Pierre McGuire to find another team that extracted more for a goaltender last year.

22. petrov14 says:

+2, good shift SF09!

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

23. andrewberkshire says:

You sound so disappointed.

24. petrov14 says:

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

25. andrewberkshire says:

I feel the same way about Eller. I see in him a young Plekanec, only bigger and stronger.

26. Flabadagub says:

Long Pig!

27. Hagar says:

…All I’ve got is salt. I just learned it’s day-to-day. You’ll probably get to keep your arm after all.

28. SeriousFan09 says:

But didn’t he coach the Penguins to 2 Stanley Cups?

No wait, that was Bob Johnson and Scotty Bowman with the most talented player the league ever saw.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

29. SeriousFan09 says:

Still, can’t believe we blew the opportunity to draft Gilbert Brule in 2005, man do we look stupid now…

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

30. Propwash says:

And he’s creepy as **** to boot.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

31. _Habsoloutly_ says:

He really said that?  I’ve liked Eller since his first game.  He works his butt off and he’s finally getting some bounces to go his way.  I can’t see any downside to having this kid on the team.

32. andrewberkshire says:

He says whatever suits him at the time and refuses to acknowledge past mistakes.

It’s hilarious whenever he talks about the Leafs now, because he always says things like “they thought they were a lot deeper on defense than they realized. They thought Komisarek and Beauchemin were 1st pairing defensemen.” Never once admitting that in the first game of 2009 he called Komisarek, Beachemin, Kaberle and Schenn “the big four as comparable to Montreal’s big three!!”. He’s a buffoon. He may know some of the intracies of hockey systems because of his experience as a coach, but he’s a total shill and his talent analysis is a complete joke.

33. andrewberkshire says:

Well humans are supposed to taste similar to pork, so I’d rather some chipotle in adobo sauce, garlic and some lime juice to make a killer marinade is you can spare it.

However my post (I think) was that Gomez would get more than 15 assists, didn’t say 30 points. I could be wrong, but that’s what I remember.

34. sholi2000.com says:

Didn’t he just say the other night on TSN that he was one of the best rookie guys out there?

Sigh Pierre……

They Call Me Shane

35. andrewberkshire says:

If anyone wants to know why Pierre McGuire will never be an NHL GM, you can understand it by listening to him on team990. He let’s personal vendettas get in the way of his talent analysis. He just said Lars Eller might not ever be a top 9 forward in the NHL. What a joke. He’s already a 3rd line NHL player, and improving every single game. Eller hasn’t been on the ice for a goal against since November 2nd.

36. Hagar says:

So if Scotty is out long term, he may very well not hit 30 pts this season. I guess you’re gonna have to eat your left arm Andrew. Want some salt?

37. SeriousFan09 says:

Flash is updated to the max and I tested this on my laptop as well, they’re throttling me as far as I can tell, it gets easier outside of “Peak Hours” like Torrenting but a chokehold during the later afternoon and the night.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

Uograded to 10,1,102,64 installed

39. punkster says:

No timeout.

4 packets sent, 4 packets received, 0 packets lost

minimum 91 ms, maximum 95 ms, average 93 ms

(oh and I use firefox)

***All You Need Is Love***

Interesting. It could be a type of throttling. It could also be a bandwidth bottleneck. Hard to say. I would still be prone to think you should upgrade your flash first since the sites are coming in. Which version of Flash do you have? Go here >> http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

I have version 10,0,32,18 installed

41. SeriousFan09 says:

I don’t time out, I can access Justin.tv the site but not the streams themselves.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

42. Chuck says:

Ironically enough, marked as “complete jersey”.

That’s horrible. What a waste.

Centre Hice: one fan’s attachment to the Montreal Canadiens

43. observer says:

ive had high speed from the very first day they offered it. the building im in has already been wired for fibre optic by them but they have not yet started that tv service here yet and they know to inform me as soon as they do to hook me up. it may well be my computers problems as i have little free space right now?

44. observer says:

now atdhe is working for me but with a tiny bit of freezing. philly /san jose game and i also clicked on a baskets to se if it worked and both did. flyers 3 san jose 1.

45. Exit716 says:

Actually, a lot of the major sports teams use the Windsor airport. The Metro Detroit airport is about 30 miles south of Detroit…It’s quicker to fly into Windsor and then get on a bus to go through the tunnel.

46. RiverviewCanadien says:

Yes having Price is a good thing, but I would rather have Crosby.

47. observer says:

ok, just off the phone with bell. they said bell havent changed anything or started throttling. he said i must be low on memory. he is probably right because i had just downloaded a couple of items in last few days. ill soon delete them.

48. Propwash says:

HH, give this a look.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

49. twocents says:

Sadly, some of the people you stated that, professed to be,

Habs fans.

Disgruntled Habs fans.

Disgruntled Habs fans who now seldom darken this little corner of the interwebs.

Ok both you guys; do this

click start >> click run >> type the letters cmd >> click OK

in the black box type:

ping justintv.com

so you would see something like

C:\Documents and Settings\User>ping justintv.com

Hit enter and then tell me what happens

do you see something like

Pinging justintv.com [76.74.223.21] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 76.74.223.21: bytes=32 time=124ms TTL=47
    Reply from 76.74.223.21: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=47
    Reply from 76.74.223.21: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=47
    Reply from 76.74.223.21: bytes=32 time=123ms TTL=47

or does it time out?

if it times out then try to ping that IP so type:

ping 76.74.223.21

and hit enter

get back to me

51. SeriousFan09 says:

I use Firefox but tried IE and Chrome as well, no results.

5.94 MBPS, .49 MBPS Upload, 69 Ping.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

52. CHsam says:

Pierre and Jack Todd should be drinking buddies.

53. Matt_in_TO says:

Leaf fans are the most delusional people walking the face of the earth

- In Price We Trust

54. Matt_in_TO says:

Why not?  It’s only December.

- In Price We Trust

55. SeriousFan09 says:

Crosby ripped through the Senators by himself last season, than what happened? Oh right, we shut down Crosby and exposed Fleury for what he is. WSH had a 13-game winning streak last season, we dropped them as well.

MTL’s better than last season and I’m willing to throw our team up against anyone right now.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

56. Matt_in_TO says:

I think we did okay with the 5th one

- In Price We Trust

57. andrewberkshire says:

Saudi Arabian Roller Hockey League

58. joeybarrie says:

Was watching the freudian slip on youtube. One of the next links is Pang arguing with McGuire. McGuire was interrupting him telling him he was wrong about Washington and how Fleishmann is NOT a left wing and Steckel is the 4th line center…. Finally he gave it up and left McGuire’s comments unresponded to. MOSTLY CAUSE HE COULDNT TURN AROUND AND SAY PIERRE WTF ARE YOU SAYING? DO YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY??? HOW DO YOU NOT NOTICE THAT STECKEL IS NOT THE 4TH LINE CENTER AND FLEISCHMANN IS A LEFT WINGER…

The more i pay attention to McGuire, the more I realize he is kinda lost sometimes…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

59. punkster says:

Yep, they schooled us last time.

***All You Need Is Love***

They sure don’t want to see us in the play offs again, we are a better team than last year. And we know how to shut down their best.

61. punkster says:

I’m on sympatico hs in CDN (Decarie and Queen Mary area). No internet issues apart from the streaming these guys have mentioned.

7.26 down and .84 up.

Justintv is blocked, nhl.com comes through but jiggy and not locking in every time I access a game, channelsurfing is blocked, adthe.net blocked. Weird.

***All You Need Is Love***